[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 62 KB, 347x482, Metal_Gear_cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2233342 No.2233342 [Reply] [Original]

I wanted to go through the metal gear series and bought the legacy collection. It came with this and metal gear 2 on it and I figured I should play these to know where the series comes from. It's hard. I like the stealth concept and the use of a radio, and it looks really good for when it was made but it plays sort of clunky and it's not very interesting either. Any tips on playing it and/or is it worth playing or should I just skip it and play MGS?

>> No.2233350

Nobody explain the owl puzzle.

>> No.2233479

Try Metal Gear 2. It's a lot more like the rest of the series.

>> No.2233613

Metal Gear 2 is one of the best games in the series. It's not without flaws, but it's an extremely ambitious game that holds well even today. In many respects, I think Metal Gear 2 is a much better game than the first Metal Gear Solid--and certainly more interesting than the games that came after MGS3.

>> No.2234261
File: 204 KB, 1600x728, 1417992299076.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just read the manual for the both games for reference and use the CODEC for tips. Schneider's number in the first game is 120.79, which you'll need to learn item locations.

Also, make sure you figure the tap codes puzzles on your own. Don't spoil yourself by looking up the solutions.