Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 37 KB, 250x351, Streets_of_Rage_3_(box_art).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2141392 No.2141392 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

WHAT
THE FUCK
HAPPENED

>> No.2141397

ppl whine about the soundtrack
turns out the worst yuzo koshiro track is still better than most of the crap on genesis.

>> No.2141416

>>2141397
This nigga gets it. The Poets II is da illness and that bass drop when you fight the shark tank twins is unrivaled on the MD.

>> No.2141436

>>2141392
For me, the overall gameplay is just not as satisfying as parts 1 and 2.

SOR1 and 2 had some of the most satisfying attacks in all of beat'em ups (including arcade ones). The high damage, the sound effects, and the proper hitstun/knockdown, etc all contributed to very satisfying results. For instance, to this day Max's atomic drop is the most satisfying throw to ever grace a beat'em up. No other throw in a beat'em up has ever come close (not even Schaeffer's powerbomb in AvsP) to the satisfaction that move gives. Even the weapons give the most satisfaction of any weapons in any beat'em up. The pipe's THUD and the sword's SWISH sound effects are brilliant. And the damage and knockdown they give add to their satisfaction. Or Axel's grand upper after two jabs (only nubs do it after the third hit of his combo BTW).. that move is just satisfying.


SOR3 didn't have satisfying attacks. All the attacks lacked impact, they felt too "fluid" and not "solid" enough. Furthermore, your characters did too little damage, the sound effects made your attacks seem pitiful and weak (compared to parts 1 and 2). Little things like how quickly you can move after throwing a punch makes your attacks seem less effective. and other little shit like:

-not being able to do a forward+special while holding an enemy

-In SOR2 skate's flipkick throw was an actual kick that did damage from the kick and could hit other enemies as well (and it was satisfying as hell), but in SOR3 it's not even a kick any more (test it out in the 2 games to see what I mean) it doesn't even have a sound effect

-in BK3 skate's blitz attack doesn't even hit enemies during the initial frames making it useless for combos (it does hit in SOR3)

-The specials just are not as good and satisfying. as a matter of fact you can beat the game without using the forward+special. just the neutral special for crowd-clearing. u end up resorting to throws the most in SOR3, but sadly Max isn't even in the game

>> No.2141514

>>2141392
Literally the best game in the series

>> No.2141519

>>2141392
White people got to it. Japanese version's just fine.

>> No.2141521

>>2141436
I like your style. What are your other favorite beat em ups/games?

>> No.2141524

Streets of Rage tier list

>Characters:
SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2

>Combat:
SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2

>Level Design:
SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2

>Bosses:
SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2

>Weapons:
SOR1 > SOR3 > SOR2

>Music:
SOR1 > SOR2 > SOR3

>Extras:
SOR3 > SOR2 > SOR1

>> No.2141530

>>2141436
No, just no.

>> No.2141545
File: 178 KB, 424x318, 1409064607498.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2141545

>>2141524

>> No.2141548

>>2141519
/thread

>> No.2141551

>>2141392
The music in that game makes my head want to explode. It's a huge mess, all over the damn place. Most of the songs all sound the fucking same, too. Yuzo really half-assed this one.

Hell, Sega half-assed the whole damn game. Fuck SoR3.

>> No.2141569

>>2141436
SOR3 attacks felt like your characters were slapping the enemies.

Streets of Rage 3? More like Slaps of Rage 3, m'rite? Streets of Pattycakes 3? eh? eh?

>> No.2141576

>>2141569
>replying to yourself.

>> No.2141582

>>2141392

Game was okay. I grew up with the whole series, me and my best friend played it all the time, still play it from time to time even today. First one is like proto-SOR. It's good, with some great music. SOR2 for me is clearly the best game, with the best of everything, and the best overall "feel". SOR3 was a letdown when I first played it. I don't mind it, but always play the original Japanese version these days. for me it'll always be 231. I don't hate 1. I'll happily play any of them at any time. In fact, I rank 2 first, the other two are interchangeable.

>> No.2141598

>>2141392
SoR3 was better than SoR2 in every possible way, SoR2 didn't even have team attacks or pitfalls, it removed various weapons, was slows as shit, bosses were boring generic and were reused various times and some stages like the jungle were blatantly unfinished.

>> No.2141605

>>2141392
Play the translation of the Japan version. You'll find out.

>> No.2141609

>>2141524
This is pretty much spot on.

>> No.2141614

>>2141609
you're the SoR3 is the best shit poster. Nowhere near the best combat. The fact you put it on top just tells me you're a punch button masher.

>> No.2141791

>>2141436
>SOR3 didn't have satisfying attacks.

All the 2 and 3 star moves, Super Axels spinning jackhammer, anything Shiva does, nearly all of the weapon specials, the moves you can do when being held down from behind, and also the co-op moves.

So basically all the new stuff they added, that wasn't re-balanced from their SOR2 versions.

>> No.2141813

>>2141791
Zan's 2/3 star blitz is so good when you hug the bottom of the screen. You can spam that move like crazy. It has zero recovery.

>> No.2141873

>>2141416
>The Poets II
That's actually Motohiro Kawashima, not Koshiro. The best (or less weird) tracks in the game are his. Although I do have a soft spot for Inga Rasen.

>> No.2141880

>>2141392
awful rebalancing for the western market ruined a perfectly fine game

anyone who hates the music has bad taste, although the stage 2 club and the Ash fight themes are actually awful
SOR3's soundtrack makes you want to SMASH SOME FACE, it fits the mood perfectly. That boss theme is what I think of when I think of beat-em-up boss fights, period. Sure, the other games might have a better sounding soundtrack, but SOR3's just fits.

>> No.2141910

>>2141436
My nigga.

>> No.2142310

>>2141614
This is bait

>> No.2142318

So which was wors, Golden Axe III or Streets of Rage 3?

>> No.2142361

>>2141436
i'd have to disagree on the sound effects.
most genesis games sounds are kinda twangy, if this game had SNES sounds, it'd be better.

music wise, koshiro's music would be horrible as an SNES soundtrack. SoR is probably top tier when it comes to genesis soundtracks and that mostly comes from how genesis games sound, he could easily fit that 1980's style.

game wise, i kind of always wondered what an arcade SoR 1,2,3 would be like. we only got final fight 1 as an arcade and 2 and 3 were nowhere near as good as 1.

as for characters, i never really used anyone but Axel. I wanted to love Max like I did Hagger, but in the end Axel/Cody was the best choice because it never felt like the huge, powerful wrestling guys were doing enough damage like they SHOULD have been.

>> No.2142438

>>2142318
>as for characters, i never really used anyone but Axel. I wanted to love Max like I did Hagger, but in the end Axel/Cody was the best choice because it never felt like the huge, powerful wrestling guys were doing enough damage like they SHOULD have been.
>it never felt like the huge, powerful wrestling guys were doing enough damage like they SHOULD have been.

You weren't using Max properly.

Max is literally the most damaging beat'em up character ever created (along with the Dwarf using the Sword of Legends in Shadow over Mystara). I'm fucking serious, Max is damaging as hell. Like you said, you never used anyone but Axel, so I have no idea why you would critique another character when your knowledge of the game is so limited. You literally have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just flabbergasted that anyone would say that Max doesn't do enough damage.

Never post about SOR again, you sound like someone who never even touched an actual Genesis console before. Begone.

>> No.2142464

>>2141392

Translation of the JP game into English:
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/1375/

>> No.2142467 [DELETED] 

>>2142438
Sor is utter rubbish anyway, amazed you caught so many feels.

>> No.2142468

I dont like SOR3 because all the characters play the same. It's always jab a few times then grab, knee, knee, throw when there are multiple enemies. Or jab a few times then blitz/special for damage. Then on bosses you just do jump kicks to get them off your balls.

sor3 characters just are not fun to paly with

>> No.2142503

>>2142467
>>>/v/

>> No.2142547

>>2142467
Oh shut up, retard. You got exposed for being completely wrong and clueless about what you're talking about.

>> No.2142590
File: 337 KB, 439x480, 1405380056782.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2142590

>>2141524
>>2141609
>implying SOR2 should be last for anything

>> No.2142591

>>2142467
>>>/out/

>> No.2142672

>>2142310
just because you're too stupid to comprehend SoR3 not being as good as you think it is doesn't mean people are baiting you retard. Why don't you and the BR who thinks SoR has the best "jogability" can go fuck each other in the ass.

>> No.2143746

>>2141551
>Most of the songs all sound the fucking same, too.
No they don't.
>Yuzo really half-assed this one.
No he didn't its a fantastic effort at recreating jeff mills style of hard detroit techno.

>> No.2143783

>>2142438
Beat SOR 2 again a couple hours ago. Max is indeed a damn power house.

Great character to use.

>> No.2143818

>>2141392
The game got rid of the stupid hitstun scanning, added better moves for everyone, and got generally better, at the expense of being harder.

Name a legitimate criticism besides the soundtrack (which fits the frantic mood, btw)

>> No.2143825

>>2141530
Care to offer a reason for the denial?

>> No.2143837

>>2142361
>most genesis games sounds are kinda twangy, if this game had SNES sounds, it'd be better.

There is not a single SNES game that sounds as good as Streets of Rage 2 did. The sound effects in SOR3 were a giant step down.

>> No.2143841

>>2143818
*hitstun spamming
which allowed you to take out any lone enemy regardless of health bar size. Not the way a beat-em-up should be played

>> No.2143845

>>2143841
If you mean the part where you can repeat B slower than it would autocombo, to stun lock an enemy, there are many ways you can do that in SOR3 too.

And any single enemy can be EASILY taken down in both SOR2 and 3 when you are going up against them one-on-one.

>> No.2143871
File: 35 KB, 258x429, 1373575159255.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2143871

>>2141392

>> No.2143886

it felt like a really cheap early genesis game. see: golden axe 3

>> No.2143887

>>2143886
buuut ga3 was a late game

>> No.2143995

>>2143841
Ever tried Shiva? He can infinite enemies without "hitstun spamming"

>> No.2144007

>>2141524
>Streets of Rage tier list
>>Characters:
>SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2
>>Combat:
>SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2

tfw SoR3 Axel looks like he's a washed up has-been wrestler instead of is prime aged self in SoR2.

tfw you cant do 10hit combos or punch glitch in SoR3


come to think of it, do you even SoR?

>> No.2144010

>>2143871
Mickey Rouke Axel face.... hate it.

>> No.2144040

>>2144007
>>Characters:
>SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2
NOPE
no max, no adam, shitty zan, crappy color schemes.

>> No.2144095

>>2144007
there has been a "streets of rage 3 is the best" shit poster around here for a while. It's okay to have an opinion but that guy pushes his so hard because he's contrarian.

>> No.2144104

>>2144040

>no Max

Thank god. He's one of the worse wrestlers I've ever played in a beat'm up. Damn, I wish Abadede were a playable character.

>> No.2144123

>>2144104
Nice beito meito

>> No.2144128

>>2144040
Adam doesn't matter, Zan was okay but had too few moves. Max missing is a problem but it is balanced out by motherfucking SHIVA being playable. Also, Victy for fun.

If you don't like the colour scheme, play the Japanese version or use one of the restoration patches.

>> No.2144138

>>2144123

>different opinion surely is baitto xD

>> No.2144173

>Why people complain about SoR3 soundtrack? It's not so bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9fNkGMuwS4
Do you have problem with your ears or you're an alien robot?

>turns out the worst yuzo koshiro track is still better than most of the crap on genesis.
Games like Contra Hard Corps say otherwise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn1-0ElaYhI&index=1&list=PL0E86AA386BD11845

>> No.2144343

>>2144138
Learn to slide kick, neophyte.

Max is the most powerful grappler (or "big guy") ever in any beat'em up. He puts Haggar to shame.

>> No.2144373

>>2144343

I know how to play with him and even finished the game several times using it, what's your point? I only said I don't like him. He's way better to play in Remake though.

>> No.2144382

>>2144343
Haggar will always be number 1 in coolness though.

>> No.2144386

>>2144173
>turns out the worst yuzo koshiro track is still better than most of the crap on genesis.

Could we not get into this bullshit, there are shit tons of great tunes on the Megadrive.

>Do you have problem with your ears or you're an alien robot?

shit, how did you figure that out?

>> No.2144402

>>2144373
>He's way better to play in Remake though.
Remake is not canon. I don't give a fuck about Remake.

>> No.2144432

>>2144402

>I don't give a fuck about remake
>I

Ok.

>> No.2144439

>>2144386
>on the megadrive
That's what I said, the western counterpart however sucked.

>> No.2146124

>>2141392
>shitty music
>half assed on everything
>absolutely fucking disappointed after playing SoR2
>Play the Japanese version way down the road in years
>notbad.jpg
>Still not even close to being as good as SoR2 though
>/thread

>> No.2146218

>reused music
>boss taking cheap shots

Worst final boss fight in history

>> No.2146223

SoR1 is best SoR

>> No.2146291

>>2146124
Im sorry but SoR3 shat all over SoR2 in every possible way except music.

>Better graphics
>Better gameplay
>Better characters
>Teamwork attacks return from SoR1
>Better Weapons
>Better stages
>Lifts and pitfalls return from SoR1
>Better bosses
>Multiple paths
>Multiple endings
>Fucktone of hidden extras

SoR2 was a huge fucking disappointment after playing SoR1, they removed so much content and the game was slow as shit.

>> No.2146310

>>2146291
You're retarded.

>> No.2146315

>>2144439
>That's what I said, the western counterpart however sucked.

Many great songs on that too (Ecco 2, Toejam & Earl 2, Comix Zone, The Ooze, just from the top of my head all pushed the sound hardware).

And there were plenty of shit sounding Japanese games as well.

>> No.2146317

>>2146223
THIS.

Total minority opinion but for me it's an easy choice. One of the most memorable beat 'em ups ever.

>> No.2146324

>>2146317
Go bust it out, I bet you'll forget the correct dialogue and have to do half the game twice.

>> No.2146341

>>2146291
This, tho only people who think Streets of Rage 2 was a good game are the people who never played Streets of Rage 1

>> No.2146352

>>2141605
>>2141519
What makes the Jap version better?

>> No.2146356

>all these SoR1 purists
Fuck yeah /vr/ you're alright by me

>> No.2146364

>>2146352
It's easier.

>> No.2146365

>>2146310
No anon, you are retarded.

>> No.2146369

>>2146317
>>2146341
SOR1 is about as much of a best in the SOR series as Street Fighter 1 is for the Street Fighter series.

>>2146352
It wasn't utterly shat upon by the localization team. Difficulty does not scale damage, bosses don't have 7 fucking health bars, characters use their original colours, enemies use their original names, there is no censoring, and the storyline is about the crime syndicate smuggling nuclear material instead.

Level design still sucks however.

>> No.2146370

Shit niggas why you always have to hate a game from the SoR series? they were all good damn good and the only console beat em ups to hold a candle to arcades.

>> No.2146371

>>2146369
You could have just stopped with >>2146364

>> No.2146376

also in the us your special bar charges up faster and doing a special with an empty bar drains less health, and they removed the macho man boss for being too ghey

>> No.2146378

>>2146369
This is bait

>> No.2146382

SoR3 > SoR1 > Dogshit > SoR2

>> No.2146404

>>2146291
/thread

>> No.2146408

Almost everyone is saying 1 is the best

>> No.2146468

>>2146365
no he's right you are and you must be the SoR3 is the best shit poster.

>> No.2146479
File: 25 KB, 528x519, 1396736800676.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2146479

>>2146468
>He

>> No.2146484

>>2146382
I wanna slap the shit out of you... 2 is the best and one of my favorite games of all time

>> No.2146502
File: 1.36 MB, 1633x2290, 1418024755857.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2146502

>>2146291
>>2146378
>>2146479
You are the guy who keeps posting pic related on /v/ aren't you?

>> No.2149130

>>2146291
SOR2 fags BTFO

This is spot on, 2 was a huge let down after playing the first game, they replaced Adam with 2 of the most generic badly designed characters they could possibly think of, removing coop moves was a big no no, but the biggest thing for me was the fact you dont even fight your way through the streets, the stages are retarded and don't fit the setting, from a pirate ship to a jungle island, it just doesn't even feel like a streets of rage game.

>> No.2149179

Final Fight vs Streets of Rage

Which one wins?

>> No.2149194

>>2149179

IMO SoR trilogy is better than FF trilogy (even arcade ver.), but it's only my personal point of view. Haggar is one of my favourite characters in vidya though.

>>2146291

Even though people will call you shitposter or baiter, I completely agree with this.

>> No.2149203

>>2143887

i know it was, i was naming GA3 as another example of a game that felt like it was made like 3 or 4 years before it actually was

>> No.2149219

>>2149130
Adam is literally a black guy with a yellow shirt. He's the epitome of generic!

>> No.2149228

>>2149219

A ultra muscular wrestler whose special move is a spinning move is probably more generic than a black boxing guy. I don't even think Skate is that generic, but surely is the last one in my favourite characters list.

>> No.2149230

>>2149130
>from a pirate ship to a jungle island, it just doesn't even feel like a streets of rage game.

The pirate ship and the haunted house are both parts of an amusement park.

The level progression is actually fairly logical - you start at the streets and beat niggers up until the 4th level. Then you get on a ship and travel to the island hideout of Mister X. Hence the ship, the beach, the island roads, the factory, the elevator that takes you up to the penthouse, and then the penthouse is the final level - foyer, elevator to the top, then the fight with Shiva and X.

The rest of your posts are so obviously trolling though.

>> No.2149245

>>2149230
Don't even bother with that faggot he's the SoR3 is the best shitposter. He has to be right.

>>2146502
>Doesn't even have Real Bout Games or SamSho 2

You can tell it was made by a /v/ shitbaby as you can see he made sure not to forget anything by his precious capcom and the only samsho game he is aware of is 5.

>> No.2149305

>>2149245
>you can see he made sure not to forget anything by his precious capcom and the only samsho game he is aware of is 5.

There are some really fucking questionable stuff in there, like putting Soul Calibur in the same tier is Primal Rage of all things.

But it has VF5 in top tier and Garou in high tier, so it's fine by me.

>> No.2149310

>>2149305
I will award some points for including WeaponLord (and pretty high at that)

That said have fun pointing and laughing at all the stuff SSFIV is allegedly better than

>> No.2150493

>>2149230
>That 1 SoR2 baby shitposter who accuses everyone of trolling when they present facts as to why SoR2 was shit.

>> No.2150497

SOR1>SOR2>SOR3

They got worse with each game but still bretty gud

>> No.2150502

>>2146502
That's actually a pretty accurate list, cant see much wrong with it.

>> No.2150518

>>2150497
SOR2 was easy the worst game in the series, the other two are debatable.

>> No.2150564

>>2150493
Literally half the posts in this thread are from the SoR2 shitter samefagging.

>> No.2150962

>Soundtrack switches from cracker-ass New Jack Swing that would have fit on a Marky Mark album to experimental dread that fits the intensity of the brawler perfectly
>people whine

Plebs. Plebs, the lot of you.

>> No.2150972
File: 22 KB, 309x400, portrait of concerned elderly man.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2150972

>>2150502

>> No.2151019
File: 41 KB, 800x600, MAXIMUM TOLERANCE FROG.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2151019

>>2149245
and
>cvs2 in same tier as svc chaos

>> No.2151105

>>2150518
your reasons are all subjectove as hell. As far as SoR 3 is the best goes also subjective as hell. I haven't seen a solid arguement for why the combat is supposedly better, it's only shitty opinions.

>> No.2152824

>>2151105
You mean objectively, SOR2 is objectively bad.

>> No.2152842

>>2152824
there's an atomic drop (with a huge sound effect to boot) in 2, that's enough to make it science tier

>> No.2152848

>>2152824
The whole series is objectively overrated and inferior to arcade beat-em-up's.

>> No.2152860

>>2152848
you're an idiot. back when SOR2 came out no average person owned arcade machines. for a console game it's oustanding.

>> No.2152894
File: 4 KB, 256x240, mff - best 3way.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2152894

>>2152848
But arcade beat em ups are crap compared to their superior console counterparts

>> No.2152896

>>2152894
>only 2 enemies on screen

>> No.2152897

>>2150502

SF4 has no business being that high.

>> No.2152905
File: 19 KB, 384x240, gfs_23247_1_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2152905

I think we can all agree that brawlers are the superior genre. They take the best elements from both fighting games AND beat 'em ups to create THE best fighting genre.

>> No.2153006

>>2152894

Mighty Final Fight is so good. IMO it's way better than Final Fight 3.

>>2152905

It's a shame we can't discuss PS2/Box games around here, The Warriors and Urban Reign are some of the funniest games I ever played. The latter suffers for being too short (I took something like 3 hours to finish all missions in story mode), but still a pretty solid game with Namco's quality.

>> No.2153012

>>2146502

What bothers me more in this image is seeing so much games which are far from being brilliant, but at least playable, alongside with crap like Shaq Fu, Body Blows, Rise of Robots and Ballz. Okay, you can have the right of not liking Tekken 4 or some of those MK games (which I don't like too), but saying they're in the same level of unplayable shit like SF1 or ShaqFu is retard. But whatever this is probably a troll image, Primal Rage and MvsC3 position can confirm it.

>> No.2153096

>>2152848
Oh boy here comes the "arcade kid" again. Look kid, arcade games while great had a lot of not so great games as well. SOR 1 and 2 are fantastic games and must owns for Genesis fans. As well as Golden Axe 1 and 2. Who cares if the arcade versions were better for Golden Axe? It's not like the console versions become automatically shit because of that. Besides that it's not like most people even here can afford to buy arcade cabinets of all their favorite games. Outside of emulating the games or playing them on your browser it's just not viable to play those games anymore.

Dissing SOR...
...how dare you!?

>> No.2153591

>>2153096
Absolutely agree.

SOR1, SOR2, and Golden Axe 2 are the best 16-bit console beat'em ups IMO.

SOR1 provides a perfect vanilla beat'em up experience on consoles. No fancy moves, just punches, throws, and jump kicks, and it pulls it off pretty well with style. Tons of enemies on screen make this superior to the SNES Final Fight games.

SOR2 is probably the only 16-bit console beat'em up that can rival its contemporary arcade games. Although graphically not at the level of arcades, the gameplay is just as good as some of the best beat'em ups of that time if not better. Max is the greatest grappler character in a beat'em up to this day. And SOR2 Skate is one of the most unique-playing characters (a speed-based grappler). Each 4 of the characters provide a unique playing style - that cannot be said for most beat'em ups with multiple characters as at least a portion of them are very similar. Easily the best 16-bit console beat'em up ever.

Golden Axe 2 tweaks the original Golden Axe's gameplay, controls, balance, and difficulty to perfection. It may not be much to look at but the game plays superbly if you're a fan of the original game.

- - - - -

SOR3 is fun to play, but the characters don't play uniquely any more like they used to in SOR2. In SOR3 you can play every single character in the exact same way so it feels like a true Final Fight clone with gimmicks. That is my biggest issue with SOR3

>> No.2153598

>>2153096
Not to mention at the time SoR2 came out, it was on par if not better than most arcades from the time, remember games like D&D, Punisher or Cadillacs weren't out yet kids, so playing stuff like this on consoles at 1992 was AMAZING.

>> No.2153621
File: 31 KB, 502x438, lorenzo lamas.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2153621

Can't believe there are so many hardware whores on this of all boards

>> No.2153624

>>2153621
>implying Master System port isn't better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZZbbKnbT-w

>> No.2153635

>>2153591
>SOR3 is fun to play, but the characters don't play uniquely any more like they used to in SOR2
This is bait

>> No.2153638

>>2153598
Yeah, too many people don't realize that SOR2 came out in fucking 1992. SOR2 was way ahead of its time.

>> No.2153642

>>2152905
No

>> No.2153645

>>2153635
>>2153642
Oh hey, it's this guy again.

>> No.2153646

>>2153621
kekked at filename

>> No.2153650

>>2153096
Fuck no SoR2 was garbage, and this is coming from a huge fan of Ancient.

>> No.2153651

>>2153635
>This is bait
This is bait

>> No.2153657

>>2153645
How long do you plan on samefagging this thread for?

>> No.2153658

>>2153635
It's not though.

Obviously there are differences in the SOR3 characters, but when compared to SOR2, the SOR3 characters are played very similarly, and way more so if you're playing SOR3 (and not BK3) where you're forced to play more conservatively.

Over-reliance on jump kicks when fighting bosses.

Over-reliance on grapples not just for crowd-clearing but overall damage. The most efficient damage in the early game is jabs into grab on every single enemy you see.

Over-reliance on upgraded blitzes once you get them. Now you can do jabs into blitzes until the end of the game.

>> No.2153663

>>2153658
>Over-reliance on jump kicks when fighting bosses.
>Over-reliance on grapples not just for crowd-clearing but overall damage. The most efficient damage in the early game is jabs into grab on every single enemy you see.
>Over-reliance on upgraded blitzes once you get them. Now you can do jabs into blitzes until the end of the game.

You literally just named SoR2, the only difference is you start with a super powerful blitz in SoR2

>> No.2153672

>>2153663
No I didn't.

>Over-reliance on jump kicks when fighting bosses.
Not in SOR2

>Over-reliance on grapples not just for crowd-clearing but overall damage
Only if you're Max and Skate, but they have other forms of huge damage.

>Over-reliance on upgraded blitzes once you get them.
SOR2 has upgraded blitzes? Nope.

Can Blaze link into her blitz? Is her blitz reliable and all-powerful? Is Skate's blitz perfectly safe?

Only Axel can use his blitz like that, and that's his specialty.

Max's blitz is used for many purposes, but damage is secondary.

>> No.2153673

>>2153657
"bait" and "samefag" don't mean what you think they mean anon.

>> No.2153685

>>2153672
>Not in SOR2
Yes in SOR2

Bosses in SOR1 and 3 will anti air you, the only boss who uses an anti air in SoR2 is Shiva.

>> No.2153687

>>2153672
Furthermore, only in SOR3 can you move around mid-air so that you can perfectly place the tip of your foot on an enemy when you do a jump kick. "Wiggle" kicks are practically un-counterable.

SOR2 does not have maneuverable jumps, once you jump you can't pull back. On harder difficulties in SOR2 your jump kick will be anti-aired most of the time when fighting groups.

>> No.2153692

wait, why are people saying "SOR2 is shit" now?
is this some kind of "I need to be a contrarian" thing

also, I think most of the people that dislike SOR3 haven't played the Japanese version ever (which is actually a good game)

>> No.2153694

>>2153685
>the only boss who uses an anti air in SoR2 is Shiva.

LOL. Just saving that in case you delete your post.

>> No.2153697

>>2153692
One autistic teenager is trying to force his opinion via samefagging. He's succeeded (somewhat) on /v/ and now is trying to do the same on /vr/.

>> No.2153702

>>2153687
>only in SOR3 can you move around mid-air
Wrong you can do this in SoR1

>"Wiggle" kicks are practically un-counterable.
Wrong again, movment is minor and is susceptible to acceleration and inertia, even when spaced PERFECTLY they can still be anti aired.

>SOR2 does not have maneuverable jumps
Just another reason why SOR2 sucks

>On harder difficulties in SOR2 your jump kick will be anti-aired most of the time when fighting groups.
Almost nothing in SOR2 has an anti air, jump is are pretty much free, just watch any SOR2 mania speed run.

>> No.2153707

>>2153697
Ignore this retard hes been samefagging the hell out of this thread trying to defend SoR2, he posts the same shit in every SoR thread that pops up on /vr/

>Replies 138
>Posters 54

>> No.2153709

>>2153702
>Wrong you can do this in SoR1
When were we discussing SOR1? We were explicitly comparing 2 and 3. Don't bring 1 into this, that's an entirely different discussion.

>Wrong again, movment is minor and is susceptible to acceleration and inertia
No shit, do I have to spell out running jump kicks for you?

>even when spaced PERFECTLY they can still be anti aired.
Only when you're using Zan.

>Just another reason why SOR2 sucks
Oh, you're THAT guy again.

>just watch any SOR2 mania speed run.
link one.

>> No.2153710

>>2153707
>he posts the same shit in every SoR thread that pops up on /vr/
Shitting on the widely-acclaimed 2 and glorifying the controversial 3?

Yeah, he does.

>> No.2153714
File: 96 KB, 355x355, trigger warning.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2153714

>>2146502
>no SMASH

>> No.2153716

>>2153709
>link one.
Litteraly the first one in youtube search
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7T5kx-werc

>> No.2153720

>>2153714
No WoW or LoL either, what a shit list.

>> No.2153724

>>2153716
You activated my trap card, bitch.

I fucking knew you were going to post a tool-assisted video.

>> No.2153734

>>2153697
>He's succeeded (somewhat) on /v/
http://strawpoll.me/3239438/r

>> No.2153741

>>2153724
>tool-assisted
Even if that was the case being tool assisted makes no difference, if he jumped and they could anti air, they would.

>> No.2153743

>>2146291
>my opinion > your opinion
ok

>> No.2153747

>>2153741
>Even if that was the case being tool assisted makes no difference, if he jumped and they could anti air, they would.

You are so fucking dense. He used save states in order to complete a "no damage" run, why would he include an instance of him getting hit and taking damage?

And enemy anti-airs are not triggered 100% of the time simply by the player jumping at them, there are other factors going on. There's a 'chance' that an enemy will do an anti-air based on RNG, not a guarantee, and the player used save states to get the most favorable outcomes in which the enemies did not hit him out of the air, as that would mess up his "no damage" TAS run.

Anyway you posted a TAS run. Link another one that isn't tool-assisted.

>> No.2153748

>>2153747
Tool assisted means slowing the game down so it plays at 1 frame at a time, it basically allows you to have 1 frame reactions, Tool assisted does not stop the enemies in the game from using any attacks they could do normally.

Also, prove its tool assisted.

>> No.2153751

>>2153748
tool-assisted can also mean using save states to get more favorable outcomes. Not everyone is autistic enough to slowdown the game to a crawl.

>> No.2153752

>>2153747
Also here's and actual tool assisted video for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKVm7_johTs

>> No.2153756

>>2153752
read >>2153751

>> No.2153759

>>2153751
>Calls people autistic
>Sits at home on new years eve arguing about a 25 year old game

>> No.2153760

>>2153759
And you? LOL

>> No.2153762

>>2153756
Read >>2153748

>> No.2153768

>>2153759
>wife wants me to make reservation and some fancy restaurant or whatever
>browsing yelp is too boring
>go back to arguing about SoR

Maybe I can talk her into playing SoR with me tonight instead of going anywhere

>> No.2153769

>>2153762
Okay, then the video wasn't "tool-assisted"

The video was "save-stated a countless number of times to get favorable outcomes"

Happy? :)

>> No.2153774

>>2153769
abusing save states is the way the developers intended it, and you can see SoR 2 is objective shit when we follow their intentions. SoR 3 is the best in the series despite being the lowest rated because it's 2deep4u just wouldn't understand :^)

>> No.2153778

>>2153774
:^)

>> No.2153784

>>2153769
>>2153774
>>2153778
samefag

>> No.2153794

>>2153784
:^)

>> No.2153795

>>2153784
Actually no, I am another guy thats getting sick of this "I like SoR 3 better than 2 so 2 must be shit" Like fuck off kid, your opinion isn't objective fact.

>> No.2153814

>>2153795
>your opinion isn't objective fact

>SoR2 has no 2 player team work attacks
This is objective fact

>SoR2 has no pitfalls/hazards or lift you can throw people off
This is objective fact

>SoR2 gameplay is slow
This is objective fact

>SoR2 uses copy pasted bosses thorough the game
This is objective fact

>SoR2 is full of glitches
This is objective fact

>SoR2 removed multiple weapons
This is objective fact

>SoR2 fatguys can be thrown by anyone without damaging yourself
This is objective fact

>SoR2 is unfinished
This is objective fact

>SoR2 has no Adam
This is objective fact

>SoR2 has no multiple choice paths or endings
This is objective fact

>SoR2 music was stolen from various places
This is objective fact

>SoR2 has a cartoony artstyle
This is objective fact

>> No.2153816

>>2153814
This guy doesn't knows when to give up huh?

>> No.2153817

>>2153816
>Gets told
>Has no comeback
>Shitposts

W/e feel free to keep samefagging like you have been all thread.

>> No.2153819

SoR1 is by far the best

>> No.2153824

>>2153817
Oh, the irony.

>> No.2153825

Final Fight 3 (SNES) is superior to Streets of Rage.

Does SoR have supers? Does it have back dashes? Does it have AI buddies? Thought not, bitch.

>> No.2153826

>>2153814
>This is objective fact
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed

>> No.2153828

>>2153825
>Does SoR have supers
Yes

>> No.2153832

>>2153826
Are you seriously trying to say that anything on that list is not true?

>> No.2153835

>>2153832
>Are you seriously disagreeing with my opinion?!

>> No.2153847

>>2153814
Adam isn't even that good, for someone who preaches variety and shit you seem to have a problem with the game with the most varied line up in the series. I just can't take anything you say seriously because you contradict yourself because you're a fucking idiot.

>>2153814
Team attacks don't matter playing alone plus the input command moves they did add were way better.

Don't really give a fuck

Slow? Fuck off on mania it's the most intense beat em up on a 16 bit console. Seriously you have nothing to back that up other than "I say it's fact the game is slow"

Copy pasted bosses
Don't really give a fuck either the other games did it too. What bosses are you even talking about the early ones that become regular enemies eventually. Because the game has good variety you're just being a contrarian faggot there too.

Glitches
Nothing that has ruined my enjoyment

Don't fucking care about throwing fat guys or not, again its your opinion that throwing a fat guy should damage you. Stop being such a blockhead.

Unfinished
Funny it's still better than 3

Muh adam
again you said you liked variety but don't like skate the most different character in the series. You're just talking out your ass.

Multiple endings being the one decision you make at the very end of the game
Whoop de doo. Just because a game has more content doesn't mean it's better content asshat.

Stolen music
No it wasn't, it was inspired by. The music industry reuses the same shit all the time so fuck off with your non-complaint.

Cartoony Style
Yeah and it was the best looking game because of it's color contrast. Really nice to look at with the great color contrast.


So far again, all of this shit is just your opinion. Yeah sure the game does objectively have more content maybe but it's your fucking stupid shitty opinion that holds that content in such high regard. Now fuck off and go drink some bleach you retarded asshole.

>> No.2153856

>>2153819
Then how come its all slow and choppy

>> No.2153858

>>2153856
gitgud

>> No.2153894

>>2153847
Are you retarded, mania doesn't change the games speed in any way.

The best you can come up with is
>I-I-I-I-I d-d-d-dont c-care.

Sorry but everything on that list is objective fact.

>> No.2153905

>>2153894
>The best you can come up with is
And what did you come up with?

>> No.2153917

>>2153894
It's objective fact that throwing a fatty doesn't hurt you, it's your subjective opinion that something like that actually matters. Do you understand? The music is ripped off is a fact, but that doesn't make it bad, in fact I would say it's very good because yuzo captured the feel of the era perfectly.

Also you're a fucking idiot is objective fact because mania enemies walk faster. So stop talking out of your ass. Skate can not out maneuver enemies like it's nothing on mania. Unlike every other difficulty. Seriously you just have a stupid hateboner for SoR2, nobody here hates SoR3 we just want you to shut the fuck up. You're known as the streets of rage 3 shitposter, because you discuss your opinion so eloquently. Are you proud of that?

>> No.2153925

>>2153917
Not him but.
>nobody here hates SoR3
Don't kid yourself, i think the reason of why guys like the SoR2-hater fag exist is because of all shitposters that constantly shit on SoR3/BK3

>> No.2153926

>>2153917
What's funny is that the SOR3 shitposter thinks that he's arguing with only 1 SOR2 supporter... He doesn't realize how many he's going against.

>> No.2153942

>>2153925
I don't really see it here though, this isn't like reddit where we have to win upboats with popular opinions. Were better than that and that is why I want better from him as well. We don't have to stoop to my opinion is fact /v/ tier shitposting.

>> No.2153950

Is a SoR3 fan really this butthurt over a 22 year old game?

>> No.2153952
File: 32 KB, 454x598, blondie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2153952

>>2153926
Is that guy genuinely this childish/retarded or just pretending? I honestly don't know anymore.

>> No.2153960

>>2153814
>>SoR2 is unfinished

Funny that you mention that. If it was unfinished, the community would've found traces of unused stuff in it, but practically nothing was found other than that one prototype ROM, and an old, removed title screen, and like two unused sprites.

Now for BK3, we found two motorcycle levels, the entire second half of Stage 6, Zan has two unused grab moves, Skate has a different knife throw, unused air throw sprites, Shiva had no graphics for getting electrocuted and they completed that for SOR3, and so on...

>> No.2153965

>>2153814
>>2153960
http://tcrf.net/Streets_of_Rage_2_(Genesis)
http://tcrf.net/Streets_of_Rage_3

(in cause or dear friend has trouble believing any of this)

>> No.2153967

>>2153814
>>SoR2 is full of glitches

And for this, BK3/SOR3 has the exact same glitches as SOR2 (the hitbox reset for air attacks, and the "infinite punch", both of them work and were demonstrated in many speedruns).

>> No.2153976

>SoR2 is full of glitches

Yeah, just look at them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyVQu6bAvY

>> No.2153990

>>2153960
>Shiva had no graphics for getting electrocuted and they completed that for SOR3

Damn really? So I guess that BK3 is like the preliminary version and SOR3 is the final version.

In SOR3 there were a couple character tweaks too.

Roo's normal punch hits twice instead of once, and Skate's blitz can hit during the headbutt part - in BK3 the headbutt part doesn't hit at all. This small change for Skate is fucking massive.

So if you want to play with a stronger Skate and Roo then SOR3 is the better choice.

>> No.2153994

>>2153990
BTW anyone know any other differences in the characters between SOR3 and BK3?

>> No.2154008

>>2153814

>Copy pasted bosses
At least SOR2 doesn't use a fucking palette swap of a playable character as a boss like in SOR3.

>> No.2154042

>>2153960
They did, lots of unused stuff, including code hinting at Shiva being a playable character.

>> No.2154071

>>2154042
LOL bullshit. Now you're making shit up.

>> No.2154102

>>2154071
Fuck off retard

>> No.2154103

>>2154102
Don't make up fake rumors, bitch. I've scoured the SOR2/BK2 code in the past. Don't make shit up.

>> No.2154106
File: 40 KB, 479x356, 1387196569054.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2154106

>>2154103
I'm sure you have buddy.

>> No.2154162

>>2154103
0/10

>> No.2154838

>>2153990
They made Blaze's throws stronger in SOR3. Probably to satisfy Sega of America's agenda of sexual equality - that's why they made all the character colors gender neutral, and even gave Blaze the highest "stats" in the selection screen (not that the stats mean anything) in order to show that "women can be just as strong as men"

Someone should document all the character changes between these two versions... Actually, why bother, SOR3 is garbage

>> No.2154842 [DELETED] 

>>2154838
>"women can be just as strong as men"
heh anyone that followed a professional sport knows that's not how it turns out
biology 101

>> No.2154854

SoR2 is unfinished just like any game ever is unfinished.

In a game there are always ideas that were never implemented in the end or not even started.

If you think it's unfinished then any game ever is unifished.

Funny how this argument is used as "objective fact" by SoR3 fanboys to justify their shitty taste. It's funny because SoR3 has a LOT more scrapped / unfinished content left in its final game than SoR2, like you know, the motorbike and jetski stage.

>> No.2154885

>>2154854
>In a game there are always ideas that were never implemented in the end or not even started.

This is not true. You need to plan out exactly what goes in the game, and then have as much of it implemented as possible given the capabilities of the developers and the deadline until shipping. You can't just keep implementing new stuff, because you either don't have the time for that, or (given no deadlines) you end up differing from your original concept so much that the game might not even work and need significant ground-up redesign (see: Duke Nukem Forever, both the development hell and how the finished game ended up as).

As for BK3/SOR3, the game is clearly lacking a ton of polish, so I imagine they either had a deadline tighter than usual, or they just got too ambitious with all the features and custom levels and did not have time to properly implement all of them (which were then cut).

>> No.2154930

>>2141392
dafuq? roo? skate? tighter control? awesome lvl design? Yeah rage 3 was a gem the whole series is amazing

>> No.2154934

>>2154930
>awesome lvl design?

Dodging those fucking trains for what feels like half an hour is not awesome level design.

>> No.2154975

>>2154854
Are you kidding, the jungle stage is obviously unfinished, its 2 screens long and has no boss

>> No.2155507

>>2154930
I hate how SOR3 forces you to finish your combo string no matter what. That was a shitty fucking way of preventing infinite jabs. There's nothing wrong with infinite combos in beat'em ups though - some of the greatest arcade beat'em ups have either infinite combos (even on bosses) or death combos (even on bosses), or both.

For instance, in SOR3, you can finish off the last enemy on screen with the third hit of your combo, then walk toward the next screen, spot an enemy, hit the B button expecting the trusty jab to come out, only for the 4th hit of your combo to come out. That shit is annoying.

Not a single classic arcade beat'em up uses that system. Not a single one. Not a single CPS1 beat'em up, not a single CPS2 beat'em up, not a single Konami, Sega (arcade), Irem, Noise Factory (Sengoku Denshou 2001), Taito (Light Bringer, Runark) beat'em up forces you to do this.

Only Streets of Rage 3.

>> No.2155515

>>2154930
>skate?

Did you forget that Skate debuted in SOR2?

And Skate was much, much more fun to use in SOR2, back when he didn't do pathetic damage like in SOR3, and was the only one who could dash, making him unique.

SOR2 Skate was a speed-based, crowd-clearing grappling powerhouse.

SOR3 Skate is just... pathetic. Everything he can do the other characters can do better. His blitz headbutt doesn't even hit in BK3.

>> No.2155561

>>2155507
Either SoR1 was *supposed* to have infinite jabs or they half-assed the coding big time

>> No.2155563

>>2155561
Either way, infinite combos are fun and are featured in many of the best beat'em ups.

SOR3's forced combo is atrocious.

I can live with everything else bad about SOR3, but the forced combo is unbearable for me.

>> No.2155748

>>2154934
Nor is the level where you have to enter rooms looking for the general/mayor.

>> No.2155859

>turns out the worst yuzo koshiro track is still better than most of the crap on genesis.
Oh look, it's this post again. Do you have problem with your ears or you just try to be hipster about video game soundtracks?

>> No.2155894

>>2155859
>opinions

>> No.2155925

I really want to know what the SOR3 shitposter thinks about SOR3's:

-Forced combo strings

-Why he thinks SOR3 Skate is better than SOR2 skate.

-Why he thinks Zan, who can't even use weapons, is better than Max

-Why does SOR3 use a palette swap of the main character as an end-level boss

-Why do you fight the exact same copy-pasted boss 3 times, one after another, in the same level

-What he thinks about the level where you have to go through multiple floors of multiple rooms each, and if that is good level design

-Why is SOR3 so unfinished that Shiva and Roo can't even use weapons? Why are Shiva's blitz and special attacks all identical?

-Why does SOR3 have so many glitches as shown in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNyVQu6bAvY

>> No.2156259

I think there's a misconception that Blaze is easily the best character in SoR1 and that Adam is garbage.

Now that I'm good enough to no-continue the game on Hardest with Axel and Blaze, I gave Adam a try and he's actually pretty good too.

His back attack while slow has long reach and is active for a LOOONG time, during which enemies that walk into it will get hit.

His jump kick is awesome. Easily the best in the game. Comes out instantly and has the best reach. Blaze's jump kick is weaker.

On normal difficulty, against normal enemies, Blaze needs to do 1 more jump kick to kill an enemy (3 total). On hardest difficulty, she needs to do 2 more jump kicks to kill a regular enemy (5 total). So with Adam, you can actually base your entire game on the jump kick (plus the occasional infinite punches and grabs of course) because it does great damage, has insane reach and priority, and is excellent for wakeups.

Despite his slow-ass speed, he's not disadvantaged at all against bosses if you know their patterns and which ones are susceptible to infinite punches, grabs, etc. He's disadvantaged against massive groups of normals, and against them his jump kick is invaluable.

Lastly, his weapon reach is insane, easily the longest in the game. Just compare how much more reach his weapons have than Axel. Axel's weapon reach is gimped; for instance, his pipe's attack hitbox doesn't even reach the end of the pipe, while Adam's hitbox seems to go beyond the pipe's pixels.


TLDR version:

-Adam is highly underrated - you can beat the entire game using mainly his jump kick.
-Blaze is still probably the best thanks to her walking speed and the longest jab, but not by much. Her jump kick is too weak.

>> No.2156348

Streets of rage 2 breaks down the moment you discover the infinite hit combo, which is incredibly easy to execute.

>> No.2156350

>>2156348
You only play on Normal, right?

>> No.2156591

>>2156350
You can stunlock enemies on any difficulty setting. It doesn't change the stun mechanics lol. I think all the difficulty did was raise the damage and health. I think it might have also raised the number of enemies in a few areas.

>> No.2156594

>>2156591
> I think all the difficulty did was raise the damage and health.

> I think it might have also raised the number of enemies in a few areas.
>in a few areas.

Yeah, you only play on Normal.

>> No.2156718

>>2156594
I really don't know. I usually just set console beat em ups to the highest difficulty and never bother looking at the lower ones.

The only time I did any lower difficulties is when I was introducing to the game with someone on co-op. So I don't remember it making much of a difference.

You can infinite combo on any fucking difficulty though. Just tap the attack at the right pace.

>> No.2156726

>>2156718
i never said you can't..

i'm talking about the fact that you'll more likely be mobbed by enemies from both sides on higher difficulties preventing u from happily jabbing away. you will need to use crowd control. furthermore, u can't infinite bosses in SOR2.

You can infinite normals and bosses alike with shiva in SOR3 though. dont just do elbows, alternate w/ 3 hits of his combo to minimize pushback

>> No.2156728

>>2156718
anway, play SOR2 on Hardest not necessarily for the challenge but because more enemies on-screen = more fun in beat'em ups. only then will u see every enemy name in the game, such as Raptor the thai boxer.

if hardest becomes easy, then move on to mania. Anything below Hardest is a joke

Also, kega fusion has minimal input lag. i see u were playing final fight on mame? Check how much input lag you have

>> No.2156731

>>2156728
Hmm well I take back what I said about lag input.

I also play with either a mechanical keyboard or a ps2 controller. Both of which I think let you spam a button faster than the origenal genesis controller. Even without input lag I'm getting an advantage

I'd love to play on a real console to avoid these types of things but my limited finances could go to better things

>> No.2157113 [DELETED] 

>>2155925
Obvious bait but i will reply to your shitposting anyway.

>-"Forced" combo strings
More freedom in combat, can use enders without having to connect, also removes jab infinite

>-Why he thinks SOR3 Skate is better than SOR2 skate.
Skate is shit in both games

>-Why he thinks Zan, who can't even use weapons, is better than Max
Zan can use weapons

>-Why does SOR3 use a palette swap of the main character as an end-level boss
Its a robot disguised as the main character, are you seriously this retarded?

>-Why do you fight the exact same copy-pasted boss 3 times, one after another, in the same level
Your thinking of SoR2 when you fight Bear and the Robots literally 3 times in a row

>-What he thinks about the level where you have to go through multiple floors of multiple rooms each, and if that is good level design
One of the best levels in any Beat em up game, shame they never went with the double size version.

>Roo can't even use weapons?
why would a Kangaroo with boxing gloves be able to pick up weapons?

>-Why does SOR3 have so many glitches
Again your thinking of SoR2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6AEFEC4069A2D702

I really want to know what the SOR2 shitposter thinks about SOR2's:

-Jab infinite

-Removal of game mechanics

-Why he thinks SOR3 Blaze is better than SOR2 Blaze.

-Why he thinks Max, who cant even vault, is better than Zan

-What he thinks about the same bosses being reused over and over. eg Jet, Zamza, Abadde, Bear.

-What he thinks about a Boss being reused as a normal enemy in the very next screen of the very next stage, eg Molecule and Particle

-What he thinks about SoR2 being so easy compared to the other 2 games in the series

-What he thinks about the huge amount of glitches in SoR2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6AEFEC4069A2D702

>> No.2157115

>>2155925
Obvious bait but i will reply to your shitposting anyway.

>-"Forced" combo strings
More freedom in combat, can use enders without having to connect, also removes jab infinite

>-Why he thinks SOR3 Skate is better than SOR2 skate.
Skate is shit in both games

>-Why he thinks Zan, who can't even use weapons, is better than Max
Zan can use weapons

>-Why does SOR3 use a palette swap of the main character as an end-level boss
Its a robot disguised as the main character, are you seriously this retarded?

>-Why do you fight the exact same copy-pasted boss 3 times, one after another, in the same level
Your thinking of SoR2 when you fight Bear and the Robots literally 3 times in a row

>-What he thinks about the level where you have to go through multiple floors of multiple rooms each, and if that is good level design
One of the best levels in any Beat em up game, shame they never went with the double size version.

>Roo can't even use weapons?
why would a Kangaroo with boxing gloves be able to pick up weapons?

>-Why does SOR3 have so many glitches
Again your thinking of SoR2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6AEFEC4069A2D702

I really want to know what the SOR2 shitposter thinks about SOR2's:

-Jab infinite

-Removal of game mechanics

-Why he thinks SOR2 Blaze is better than SOR3 Blaze.

-Why he thinks Max, who cant even vault, is better than Zan

-What he thinks about the same bosses being reused over and over. eg Jet, Zamza, Abadde, Bear.

-What he thinks about a Boss being reused as a normal enemy in the very next screen of the very next stage, eg Molecule and Particle

-What he thinks about SoR2 being so easy compared to the other 2 games in the series

-What he thinks about the huge amount of glitches in SoR2
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6AEFEC4069A2D702

>> No.2157139

>>2157115
>buyer remorse even +20 years later

>> No.2157149

>>2157115
>also removes jab infinite

It doesn't, you just need different timing.
And using combo enders is already possible in SOR2, just a bit more difficult since the game doesn't use the 6 button pad; you have to hold B for 2 seconds and release it.

Funnily enough, if you do that with Axel, his double kick will do more damage than his entire regular combo (including its own double kick ender). Great for Z. Kusano on stage 8, since it does not trigger the break out attack.

>> No.2157154

>>2142318

Golden Axe III

What the fuck are even these controls

>> No.2157159

>>2146317

I completely agree with this. SoR2 felt a lot more cheap to me. Still fun, but not at all as good. Opinions though.

>> No.2157174

>>2142318
So which was worse, Golden Axe II or Streets of Rage 2?

>> No.2157185

>This thread

I thought /vr/ was free from this kind of shit

>> No.2157253

>>2157185
I think all the streets of rages are pretty good how bout you

>> No.2157271

>>2157185
we are mostly but we have this one guy who has buyers remorse as >>2157139 pointed out. We all like all 3 games but this guy is trying to convince us 3 is better than 2 because of his opinion because he bought the weakest game in the series.

>> No.2157337
File: 20 KB, 560x407, 1399280429887.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2157337

>>2157185
OP is the SoR2 shitposter who shits up every SoR thread we have on /vr/, he has a hate boner for SoR3 and samefags the hell out of the thread till it dies, he was probably never able to finish the game as a kid.

/vr/ really needs post ids

>> No.2157389

>>2157115
>More freedom in combat, can use enders without having to connect
You can already do that in SOR2

>also removes jab infinite
And forces situations where the third or fourth hit of your combo will come out when you're expecting the jab to come out.

>Skate is shit in both games
Proves once again that you suck at SOR2 and never even bothered to delve into it. Skate is awesome in SOR2, while he is pointless in SOR3.

>Zan can use weapons
Why does he have that stupid fireball for every single weapon? You can't even drop it. If you want to use your blitz, you need to first expend all the stupid fireballs.

>Its a robot disguised as the main character, are you seriously this retarded?
It's still a palette swap, retard.

>Your thinking of SoR2 when you fight Bear and the Robots literally 3 times in a row
The robots are manufactured. You don't fight Bear 3 times in a row. You don't fight them on the same damn screen like the 3 identical ninja bosses.

>One of the best levels in any Beat em up game, shame they never went with the double size version.
That level is tedious.

>why would a Kangaroo with boxing gloves be able to pick up weapons?
What about Shiva then?

>> No.2157395

>>2157115

>Jab infinite
Some of the best beat'em ups in history have infinites or death combos or instant-death glitches. They don't take away from the game, instead they add to the game's charm. Nothing wrong with infinites.

>Removal of game mechanics
Why did SOR3 remove SOR1 and SOR2's infinite jabs? Infinite jabs were a part of the original game y'know - you love to harp on about the original game's features, don't you? Well, infinite jabs were one of them. Why did SOR3 implement a wiggly jump, when SOR1's jump doesn't work like that?

>Why he thinks SOR2 Blaze is better than SOR3 Blaze.
Probably because Sega of America didn't get their filthy agenda-ridden paws on her and give her gender neutral colors, and make her more powerful than everyone else just to prove a point.

>Why he thinks Max, who cant even vault, is better than Zan
Why would Max need to vault when he can just lift his enemies into the air?

>What he thinks about the same bosses being reused over and over. eg Jet, Zamza, Abadde, Bear.
Did you get into retro gaming in the past 3 years or something? That's typical for the era. You love to mention SOR1, but why don't you acknowledge that SOR1 reused bosses too.

>What he thinks about a Boss being reused as a normal enemy in the very next screen of the very next stage, eg Molecule and Particle
They're robots. They're manufactured.

>What he thinks about SoR2 being so easy compared to the other 2 games in the series
You literally have no fucking clue what you're talking about. SOR1 is the easiest game in the series due to infinite jabs not only being easier, but also very damaging. BK3 is just as easy as the previous two games.

Are you telling me that you play SOR3 and not BK3? Are you admitting that you have shit for taste?

>> No.2157407

Infinite jabs were passed down from SOR1. Deal with it.

>> No.2157456

Blaze and Skate's grapple knees do more damage than Axel's in SOR3. LOL what did they do to you Axel?

>> No.2157610

>>2157389
>3 identical ninja bosses.
You mean the 1 boss that splits into 3, each copy having a different move set?

Yeah you're a retard, stop shitposting.

>> No.2157672

>>2157610
>You mean the 1 boss that splits into 3, each copy having a different move set?

They have completely identical moveset aside from one special move that differs between each.

It's like you haven't even played the game at all.

>> No.2157972

>>2157672
seriously.. that guy knows nothing about gameplay. it's like he only judges games by their appearance and packaging rather than how they play

played some part 3 today because of this thread and it's as mediocre as i remember it.

-Roo is fucking pointless. pathetic damage. no throws so no crowd-clearing. nice lofty jump in the US version but has the weakest jump kick in the game - he would've at least been fun like adam in part 1 if he had a stronger jump kick. so he's just tedious to use

-Skate is fucking pointless. everything he can do Blaze and Axel can do better.

-Even Axel is pointless. Everything he can do Blaze can do better. Axel doesn't have a single specialty - he's supposed to be the powerhouse but he does less damage than Blaze. he's slower, he has less reach, worse specials, weaker throws, etc

no really, i'm serious. go look at Truncated's moves list FAQ that lists all the damage.

-At least in part 2, Axel, Max, and Skate were all strong in their own unique way and had distinctive playing styles, and Blaze was at least well-rounded. Every character had a specialty that they were the best at- Axel his blitz, Max his throws, Skate his speed and crowd-clearing, Blaze her balance, and lack of weakness in any single area.

Sor3 is a mess

>> No.2157994

>>2157337
>samefags the hell out of the thread till it dies
goddamn proxyfags changing 5 IP's within a minute!!!!

>> No.2158440

>>2157972
>Replying to yourself
Its painfully obvious you are samefagging, anyway ill take your bait.

>-Roo is fucking pointless
Best back attack in the game, hits infront and behind him, good damage excellent crowd control, great jump, great dive attack, great backthrow

>-Skate is fucking pointless
Fast, great super, good throws, best with planks/bats, can clear big groups quickly with his wide attacks

>-Even Axel is pointless
Good all round, amazing supers and blitzes

>he's supposed to be the powerhouse
No hes not, he was never supposed to be a powerhouse he was always the middle guy

Meanwhile in SoR2 Skate and Blaze are literally useless and Axel only gets a look because of his over powered blitz, not that any character matters in SoR2 much because the game was painfully easy and the only thing you are going to be doing is jab infinite.

Sor2 is a mess

>> No.2158453

>>2158440
it's january 4th 2015 and this guy is still going at it

if this isn't genuine autism I don't know what autism is holy shit

>> No.2158459

>>2158453
>I concede the argument, your points are irrefutable

That's all I'm reading here

>> No.2158463

>>2158459
>I spout vague statements and parrot opinions which suit my own opinions and accuse anyone who doesn't follow my opinions to be a baiting samefag
that's all I'm getting from you

>> No.2158479

>>2158440
Oh hi, you're still here.

Respond to these
>>2157389
>>2157395

>> No.2158486

>>2158479
he doesn't respond to bait lol

>> No.2158494 [DELETED] 

>>2158486
>he
>referring to yourself as "he"

:^)

Respond to them, bitch. You responded to >>2157972

>> No.2158497 [DELETED] 

>>2158494
I'm not him and that was sarcasm

>> No.2158526

>>2158440
>Best back attack in the game, hits infront and behind him, good damage excellent crowd control, great jump, great dive attack, great backthrow
What do you know... You can easily infinite normal enemies with the back attack. Either hit with the front portion of it while walking toward the enemy, or hit with the rear-most pixel while walking away from the enemy. It's a true infinite, as in the enemy will never leave his hit-stunned state. Works on many bosses too, their hit recovery is much faster but you'll interrupt their attack. Great dive attack and back throw? Idiot, did you even look at the FAQ I pointed you toward? His air attacks do too little damage, I had to do like 10 butt attacks to kill a normal biker. His back throw only does 18 damage... Most other back throws do around 28-32 damage. Roo has shitty fucking throws, deal with it.

Also, why doesn't Roo get an upgraded blitz?

PS What do you think about Roo's infinite? I thought you hated infinites.

>Fast, great super, good throws, best with planks/bats, can clear big groups quickly with his wide attacks
Everything he can do Blaze can do better. There isn't a single thing that Skate can do better. "Best with planks/bats" Fine, except that.

>Good all round, amazing supers and blitzes
Literally, everything he can do Blaze can do better. Better damage, better throws, better upgraded blitz, better jump kicks, better reach, better katana specials, ETC. In everything that matters, she is better.

>No hes not, he was never supposed to be a powerhouse he was always the middle guy
Then why does he have more Strength in the character select screen in both the Japanese and US versions of the game?

>> No.2158537

>>2158440
>Meanwhile in SoR2 Skate and Blaze are literally useless
Idiot. Skate's damage can rival Axel's, and he is one of the best when it comes to crowd-clearing and individual damage. Furthermore, he's the only one who can jab-stun then dash into a grab.

>Axel only gets a look because of his over powered blitz
What? You're making it seem like he sucks otherwise. Uh... he doesn't.

>not that any character matters in SoR2 much because the game was painfully easy and the only thing you are going to be doing is jab infinite.
Stop playing on Normal difficulty.

Ultimately, the majority thinks SOR2 is better than SOR3. Deal with it.

>> No.2158547

>>2158526
>Roo has shitty fucking throws
>Fully invincible
>Hits full groups of enemies at one
0/10

>> No.2158548
File: 303 KB, 320x289, 1414784085160.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2158548

>>2158537
>Skate's damage can rival Axel's

>> No.2158550

Reminder that in SOR3, Blaze and Skate do more damage with their grapple knees than Axel.

>> No.2158552

>>2158547
>>2158548
Time for damage control!

>> No.2158554

>>2158548
Are you serious? It's obvious you suck with Skate considering that you consider him to be "literally useless". Learn the game more, kid.

>> No.2158557

>>2158537
Samefagging over and over does not make you the majority.

>> No.2158559

>>2158557
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streets_of_Rage_2#Reception
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streets_of_Rage_3#Reception

>> No.2158561

>>2158554
Streets of Rage 2 Tier ranking:
A Rank. Max
B Rank. Axel
C Rank. Skate
D Rank. Blaze

Streets of Rage 3 Tier ranking:
A Rank. Axel, Zan
B Rank. Blaze, Skate

>> No.2158567
File: 789 KB, 320x214, 1415935201966.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2158567

>>2158559
>wikipedia

>> No.2158568

>>2158557
>He really thinks he's arguing with 1 person... Sad.

Seeing as how you skipped over >>2157389 and >>2157395 entirely

and most of the points made in >>2158526 such as Roo's back attack infinite...

and now that you've resorted to the good old "ur samefagging" bullshit...

Is it safe to assume that you're done now?

>> No.2158571

>>2158567
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streets_of_Rage_2#References
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streets_of_Rage_3#References

>> No.2158572
File: 19 KB, 480x360, never relax.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2158572

So this is what Japan thinks black people look like

>> No.2158573

>>2158561
>Streets of Rage 3 Tier ranking:
>A Rank. Axel, Zan
>B Rank. Blaze, Skate

You can't be fucking serious LOL

Blaze is god tier

You just exposed yourself as a complete newb

>> No.2158583

>>2158573
That's the actual tier list made by SoR speed runners, retard.

>> No.2158586

>>2158583
Show me the link

>> No.2158587

>>2158548
>>Skate's damage can rival Axel's

Yeah, in many ways.
Jab -> dash in -> blitz headbutt
Jab -> dash in -> grab -> stomach kick
Jab -> dash in -> grab -> vault -> migrane
Jab -> turn around, do back attack
Jab -> turn around, do back attack -> if the knockdown hit misses, Jab -> do any of the above three. Note that your combo will not reset, so if you did two jabs at the start, your next jab will be the crouching kick, and then the roundhouse.

Any of those do as much damage as Axels Grand Upper. In particular, the headbutt of Skates blitz move does significantly more than the latter curled up body slam, but it only hits from up close.

You can mix those up by doing two jabs at the start, or even better, start off with a knee press (jump, down+B). Skates knee press does huge damage, one of the most powerful air attacks in the game. Plus Skate is fast enough to combo two of them: jump forward, and do the knee press just before you land. Then you can jump back up and do it again while the enemy is stunned. Now, for the second knee press, you have to pull it off quicker, so the enemy will be out of stun lock by the time you land. But for most normal enemies, Skate is fast enough to just jab them before they attack, though it doesn't work on all enemies (most particularly, ones with fast attacks like bikers or kickboxers).

One combo I like doing is:
Knee press from close (lands behind enemy) -> back attack (backflips to his front, second hit misses, no knockdown) -> blitz headbutt. This does ridiculous damage, and also works great against cornered enemies.

Skate has a lot of extremely powerful moves, the trick is that all of them leave him wide open. Knee press, blitz headbutt, stomach kick (from grab), migrane, his back attack, all do huge damage (more than almost everything Blaze can do) but are easily punished.
Which is why most of the time you'll have to use his vaulting throw to clear the crowds.

>> No.2158596

>>2158586
Not him but I can imagine it being a valid list for speedrunning. Zan has a multi-hit knee press (great for triggering the multi hit bug), excellent range, throws in both directions, and his blitz can do insane damage.

Axel has an easy infinite attack: Jab -> Jab -> back attack (second hit misses) -> repeat.

For normal play, I'd say that all characters are equally good *. I do tend to favour Blaze because she has the best recovery and combo potential from all of them, plus the most moves. But the game is fun with any character. Well, except Victy, who is just awful beyond the novelty of using a fucking Kangaroo. His Blitz move is the only half decent move he has.

>> No.2159183

>>2158583
Still waiting for the link.

>> No.2159189

>>2159183
>being a cocksucker your whole life

>> No.2159223

>>2159189
So you were just full of shit. Just as I thought.

>> No.2159307

>>2159223
>So you were just full of cum. Just as I thought.

>> No.2159778

>>2141392
Axel tried yellow.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action