[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 390 KB, 650x920, Thief.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2133887 No.2133887 [Reply] [Original]

Seriously guys, Ninja Master or Nightblade? Nightblade is so cool and strong but multitargeting shurikens and jutsus sounds fun as hell...

>> No.2133996

Ninjamaster is just AoE ninja stuff while Nightblade gains some new AoE spells and a skill that auto removes a chunk of the boss' hp once per battle.

>> No.2134057

>>2133887
Are you the guy who made the previous thread?

L-D Riesz (Star Lancer)
Can't remember Carlie.

D-L Hawk (Ninja Master) if you're blasting through bosses just fine.
D-D Hawk (Nightblade) if boss fights are a real problem for you.

>> No.2134114

>>2134057
Looked up the archive, guess you're not him.

Which other characters are in your party, and what class changes have you done so far?

The boss/non-boss point for Hawk's dark side still stands for the most part though.

>> No.2134153

Do you really need to cheat to win at this incredibly simple game?

Yes getting knowledge that doesn't exist in the manual or in-game menus is cheating. Its just like looking up the solutions to puzzles in Zelda or Monkey Island

>> No.2134304

>>2134057
>>2134114
OP here. No i'm not that dude but strangely i have Hawk as Ninja, Lise as Valkyrie and Carlie as Bishop. I like challenging and hard bosses so maybe Ninja Master would be the answer, but Nightblade is so based too, fuck

>> No.2134356

>>2134304
Sorry Carlie is a Priestess

>>2134153
No it's not cheating

>> No.2134531

I like Wanderer

>> No.2134557
File: 588 KB, 217x199, 1407395128511.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2134531
>mfw

>> No.2134569

From my experience with this game, the "best" parties are when you have a physical attacker, a buffer/healer, and a debuffer.

Although you really don't have to think that hard about it. The game is fairly easy. The "optimal" parties just mean you'll beat bosses a little faster.

So long as you don't have too much overlap between characters, you'll be fine. Although you can totally have Duran and Kevin in their most attack oriented classes and just destroy everything while someone else keeps them healed and buffed.

>> No.2134592

wish there was something like a code that gave me access to all classes so i could test them all

>> No.2134604

>>2134569
I think the best party is hands down.
Hawk as Nightblade for more damage and wrench throw which reduces max hp of enemies/bosses
Kevin as Dervish for Moonsaber and more damage
Then either Lise for Stat ups, or stat downs, or Duran for healing as Lord with AoE healing light or tinkle rain while still being able to do respectable damage which Carlie is pretty shit at.

Basically pure physical damage, which HP drain

>> No.2134642
File: 149 KB, 600x595, 4squenif177.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2134114
Cheating is when your actively changing the rules of a game for your own ends.

Asking for advice is not cheating, it's simply asking for advice.

To answer OP's question: who else do you have in your group since it depends. Ninja Master if you want a little more support, Nightblade if you want to kill things with him more.

>> No.2134676

>>2134304
>I like challenging and hard bosses

You're playing the wrong game then, OP

>> No.2135685

>>2134304
With that setup, the only one that you should definitely take is Riesz in Star Lancer (L-D) for multi-target buffs. Vanadis is generally nowhere near as good as Star Lancer unless if you plan to use those buffing spells.

>> No.2135727

>>2134604
close.

but, when it comes to the best party it's..

kevin-death hand - set to lvl1 auto. most physical dmg
hawk-nightblade - set to lvl1 auto. most physical dmg. boss debuff. reduce max boss hp
duran-duelist - set to lvl3. most phs dmg

this is indisputably the most powerful team in the game. it can kill the last bosses the absolute quickest. i would recommend first-timers to go with another team though because this team will ruin the game for u

debuffs, buffs, heal can all be handled w/ items, all of which are easily obtained.

i like riesz and all, but she's, honestly speaking, pointless once u get items that do the same thing as her skills.

angela is nice and all, but physical damage simply does way more damage, more quickly and consistently.

carlie is nice and all, but items can provide all the healing you will ever need from start to end of the game.

the other classes for H/K/D are versatile and all, but.. once again... ITEMS.

all that matters in the end, if you're min-maxing, is dmg.. and the 3 female chars cannot reach the phys dmg of the 3 male chars.

not sayngg to never choose the female chars. This is just the STRONGEST party, but probably not the best for a first timer considering you have to know proper item usage and shit.

for a first time player a healing char would be great, and so would riesz, kevin god hand, etc

>> No.2135961

>>2135727
Dervish is better.
1 less strength then the Death hand, but the final weapon has 2 more damage, and it has 1 more intelligence making it slightly better at magic defense.

Energyball is also worthless where as moonsaber is actually useful and can sustain you through fights so you spend more time attacking then healing with spells or items.

Agree to disagree, but theres absolutely no reason to take Deathhand over Dervish when the damage difference is so minimal for the utility you get.

>> No.2135971

>>2133887
Nightblade is way better.

>> No.2137087

Also are there any other jrpg games with FUN class systems like SD3? I've already played FFT and FF5

>> No.2137178
File: 1.03 MB, 1553x919, 11145649.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2135727
Duran hits harder than Riesz, and that's about it really. She does everything else better aside Non-Oil Heal (and Duran loses his whole point if he goes light since his Light Classes suck).

It's really give or take honestly. All the fighters hit like trucks late anyways, so it really is just preference for Duran or Riesz. SD3 isnt really a game where Min-Maxing is necessary.

>> No.2139105

>>2137178
Duran + consumable items can do everything that Riesz/Lise can do while doing more damage.

>> No.2139123

>>2139105
Full Screen Silence is quite nice actually.

>> No.2140417
File: 1.81 MB, 720x540, 1414180473271.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw i was playing a color "fix" hack of the game all this time
more like color SHIT hack

>> No.2140421

>>2139105
Rieze/Lise can heal better in Light and always has access to a full screen attack.

You can also have her go dark for stat downs but Hawk and Carlie do that better.

Dark Duran's Sabers are also replicated by Black Market items and drops in the case of the others.

>> No.2140480

>>2137178
just imagining kevin giving that loli the big ol D

>> No.2140918

>>2134153
yeah he should really make use of that Japanese manual

Idiot.

>> No.2141049

>>2140421
>Rieze/Lise can heal better in Light and always has access to a full screen attack.
Only idiots would go light with Duran. All the healing you will ever need can be done with items. So your statement is irrelevant.

>You can also have her go dark for stat downs but Hawk and Carlie do that better.
If you want the most effective team possible then Hawk is mandatory. The only thing that Lise can contribute is damage. But when it comes to damage, Duran will do more.

>Dark Duran's Sabers are also replicated by Black Market items and drops in the case of the others.
Tell me something I don't know. Duran still does more damage than Lise. Deal with it.

>> No.2143502

I forgot, does Seiken Densetsu 3 tell you in advance what class changes do? Or does the game give you nothing, and expects you to just pick one of two seemingly random choices?

>> No.2143713

>>2143502

In-game? No. It was still an era of the manual/booklets and stuff giving a idea in small detail like "light is more support/defense and dark is more offense"

>> No.2144987

>Kevin as Death Hand
>Hawk as Nightblade
>Duran as Duelist

holy shit it's like every enemy in the game is just buttermilk

>> No.2145062

>>2144987
That's the strongest team in the game. Although I prefer to make Duran a Weaponmaster. Slightly less damage but much more useful.

>> No.2147518

Or you could, you know, not use Kevin. Or go Light with Hawk for a change. You guys make it sound like everyone absolutely has to use the most effiecient team every playthrough.

>> No.2147526

>>2147518
Magic slows the pace down too much, so you're left with taking Kevin.

The game is inherently easy. If you go full mage it just takes longer and is less interesting generally.

I agree a balanced party is the most "fun" but I often find myself going Kevin in all parties because I also find him the most fun to use.