[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 187 KB, 1024x896, Bishoujo Wrestler Retsuden - Blizzard Yuki Rannyuu!! (Japan)_00000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1939076 No.1939076 [Reply] [Original]

Anybody else ever play this game? It's for the SFC, and it's a raising sim like Princess Maker, but instead of raising a princess, you are training a female professional wrestler. You go through the week picking various activities to do, like running or sparring or weight lifting or playing or whatnot, to raise your stats.

The fights are computer controlled, but you can give general commands like telling your wrestler to focus on defense, offense, special moves, job, etc...

I've rarely seen anybody mention the game in English, which isn't surprising since there's no translation and the text, while not massive, is kind of critical to understanding what to do. I'm kind of addicted to it at the moment, it's a really unique game and loads of fun.

Also, George Kamitani was responsible for the animation, which was how I found out about the game in the first place. It's not the most high quality/framerate animation in the world, likely owing to the fact that its a Super Famicom game, but it does look nice and it makes the computer-controlled matches fun to watch.

If there's anyone who's interested, I might be able to go through and make a quick visual guide to the different daily actions you can choose for training.

>> No.1939102

>>1939076
>If there's anyone who's interested, I might be able to go through and make a quick visual guide to the different daily actions you can choose for training.

I am interested. Maybe you can give us a little taste of how the game functions, not entirely unlike "Ryoko Anon" did with that roommate game when /vr/ was in its infancy.

I like Princess Maker and I like interesting themes in video games. This seems to have both.

>> No.1939106

>>1939076
>job

what's this, its a non kayfabe game?
I hope so. I always kinda wanted a wrestling manager game that presents wrestling how it is, and having to struggle with guys who throw hissy fits and refse to job to other guys and hold you up for money and venues cancel on you, and you big stars start jumping ship and you have to put the title on an untested talent.

That would be good fun.

>> No.1939109

This seems really fucking cool, would really appreciate a translation guide to this.

>> No.1939146

I would be incredibly interested!

>> No.1939171

I'm trying this game out right now and while I have no idea what I'm doing I'm having immense fun pretending I'm Taz and Michael Cole doing commentary. But yeah an english guide would be great.

>> No.1939207

>>1939102
Seconding this. I'm a junkie for both maker games and wrestling games.

>> No.1939258

>>1939076
Nice find! I've always had a soft spot for "maker" games, and I never knew this game existed.

>> No.1939308

I love this game, the "week system" was an interesting format to improve the character, but the battle system was weird, obviously because was in Japanese.

In fact some moves are very fluid for a Super Famicom game ( 2:11 in the first link ), I like the detail of bleeding and all the diversity of matches that you can play in story mode.

Also the soundtrack is nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwZtiX3IRk

And this is the real Yuki:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb9FR7Ulu1M

>> No.1939336

>and it's a raising sim like Princess Maker, but instead of raising a princess, you are training a female professional wrestler.

I have never pulled my wallet out harder in my fucking life. I'd play this so hard if it had an english translation. Don't even need it to be female, I just want a game like this but with wrestling (that isn't shit.)

>> No.1939349

>>1939336
My sentiments exactly.

>> No.1939351

>>1939308
When I was a small child, my godly neighbor had an illegal satellite with a descrambler and he would bring me shitloads of vhs tapes of things he thought I would like, one of which was a tape of Japanese women's wrestling. I have no fucking clue what crazy channel that was on, but I'm pretty sure one of the matches was Manami Toyota and Bull Nakano. It blew my mind how seriously the japanese audiences took it, they just fucking watch.

>> No.1939374
File: 492 KB, 1024x3041, yuki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1939376

>>1939374
you are so fucking based

>> No.1939385

>>1939376
There's still a WHOLE lot more to it, like setting up your move patterns, all the different moves you can learn, etc... I don't even know half of what's in the game yet or how to best utilize it all.

Part of me wants to try to hunt down a Japanese FAQ just to understand it all, but the other part wants to just learn by trial and error and revel in the fact that I'll never be able to "cheat" and just follow somebody else's guide.

>>1939308
>In fact some moves are very fluid for a Super Famicom game
Like I said, what made me check it out in the first place was Kamitani's involvement.

>> No.1939425

>>1939374
Nice, I didn't knew the effects of Play, skill level and Practice match and falls.

I have some questions, what "guts" do? Make the character to attack without hesitation?

And what are the effects of stress?

>> No.1939468
File: 147 KB, 1024x896, logic patterns.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1939425
I don't really know what most of them do yet. I think that Stress might affect your chance of succeeding on your weekly activities, but that's just conjecture.

Here's another screenshot, this is for setting up the patterns your wrestler uses during a match. There are four different "states" in the top left; I couldn't tell you what triggers them. Each one has a line-up of moves that you can change the order of (the left side of the screen). What type and how many change depending on what state you're in; I chose the Offense one because it happens to have all five of the different types of moves listed under it.

The lower right section lists the 8 different commands that you can give to your wrestler. You can choose to use any four of them, and each one is assigned to a different button that you can use to change between them during a match. Again, I can't say 100% how each one works, but they seem fairly self explanatory.

Also, the five different offense/defense ratings listed at the bottom of >>1939374 are, in order
>Throws
>Locks/Holds
>"Power" (I don't know what this represents, exactly)
>Strikes
>Leaps (jumping style attacks, if that weren't obvious)

>> No.1939768

>>1939374
>>1939468
It's 6AM, I can't sleep, and here I am watching Japanese women wrestle on youtube and waiting on a full guide to play this game. Godspeed anon, godspeed.

>> No.1939775

>>1939468
Power is most likely power moves, you know, powerbombs and such.

>> No.1939818

>>1939076
do this!, i remember playing this game in the early 2000s on ZSNES.

>> No.1940087

Good ol Bishoujo Wrestler Retsuden, The Wrestle Angels game thats not called Wrestle Angels for some reason.

Its great the game had multiple endings to it. Just never knew what the hell they were saying due to not being able to read moonspeak.

Power is moves are basically DDT's, Powerbombs, etc. Basically anything that would give concussions that isnt a suplex or backdrop of somekind. It's usually the stat that will carry you for the most part since you should be raising stamina first.

>> No.1940973

>>1939076
This looks fun as fuck. Wish someone could translate it.

>> No.1941495

>>1939076
Reminds me a bit of Super Wrestle Angels. I was shit at doing the league building stuff in that though.

>> No.1942009

>>1941495
reminds you of it because It is Wrestle Angels.

>> No.1942219

>>1939106
>expecting a Japanese wrestling game to break kayfabe

Kayfabe is still alive in Japan.

>> No.1942225

>>1942219
Kayfabe is dead in Japan. The Japanese just respect the wrestlers by treating it as the sport it is.

>> No.1942825

>>1942219
>kayfabe
>alive
you're aware that there's a guy who wrestles a stuffed person there, right?

>> No.1943991

>>1942825

Not stuffed, a blow up doll, and it's fucking awesome.

All of Dramatic Dream Team is fucking awesome. Wacky as shit.

>> No.1944003

>>1942219
>being this much of a fucking mark