[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 4 KB, 256x224, 0e366694bf36d8aa1f790a6ecfb5c24f.2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1909398 No.1909398[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hmm..
What exactly am I looking at here? It's a half translated rom of Captain Tsubasa on the NES. I've played the western equivalent Tecmo cup soccer game so much that I don't need translations for most of the game, but this part isn't in it. There's supposed to be a "side quest" to get a new player and my guess is that this has something to do with it. If I press "no" it just goes on to the next game, if I select "yea" another menu pops up.

>> No.1910074
File: 55 KB, 1065x761, BA5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You're supposed to look for Misaki Taro in Paris like in the manga.

Check out the Game Center CX episode. Arino manages to get him.

Anyway, try Captain Tsubasa 2 also on nes. It's a much improved game over the original. Captain Tsubasa 3, 4 and 5 are pretty cool too (on snes).

>> No.1910098

From internet walkthrough:

2.~ Finding Taro Misaki

When you get to play with the Japan National team in France you will notice there's a small quest before every match. That's the quest you must get in to have Misaki playing on your team... Getting him seems to be a random event, but this is what you should do: Chose the second option, use its both options and finally select the third option in the main menu. Now press the first option and go to the second place (the one with "Arc du Triomphe"). Select the second option and then the 2 options inside it. Now go to the third choice and use the first option, a small selection square will appear. Place it under the monument (right in the middle of it) and select it, a different text will appear. Now go to the first option and proceed to the next place, the one with some stairs. Once again use the two options of the second (main) option and then the third option, put the square in the legs of the person which you can see in the stairs. Move to next screen (picking the first option in the main menu) and then go to the place with some grass. Do the same steps as before and you will see Katagiri. Chat with him (second option) and then use that little square, it should be placed in Katagiri's pocket. Move to next screen, do the same as before and put the little square in the middle door. You'll be on a soccer field and you will get to see Pierre. Talk to him and then move to the last place in the places menu. Do the same as before and Misaki's father will appear, use the second option to talk to him and then go to the last place, it will now be the mythic Eiffel Tower. This part appears to be somehow random, but make the same as usually and then try to leave this place some times, you won't be able to do so but at a certain time you will find Misaki. THIS IS SOMEHOW RANDOM, it may occur or it may not.

>> No.1910107
File: 29 KB, 300x300, RobinField.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1910163
File: 10 KB, 439x395, wat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1910098
umm. Thanks anyway, but this seems WAY too complicated to try without understanding anything on that the screen says. I DL'd a better copy, which is completely in Japanese and not Eng/Jap/gibberish, but unfortunately I still don't understand anything.
I did beat the game after making this thread, without getting the brother. Too bad, it would have been nice to see the brothers do crazy combos like in TC soccer game.

>>1910107
One of my favourite games definately. It's kinda funny how Robin is the main character, but in the end, there are much better / important players in your team. Damon, Eddie/Lucas, maybe even Cecil, Simon and Roger. At least as good as him.

>>1910074
I definately will try those? You ever watch the anime / manga?

>> No.1910173

>>1910163
>I definately will try those?
I don't know, will you?

>> No.1911096

>>1910163
>Too bad, it would have been nice to see the brothers do crazy combos like in TC soccer game.
Unlike in Tecmo Cup, they're not brothers. Tsubasa and Misaki are just two really good friends.

>You ever watch the anime / manga?
I did. The manga is ongoing right now in its latest arc.

http://mangafox.me/manga/captain_tsubasa_rising_sun/

But yeah, the sequels are fun, especially the number 2. Keep this thread alive if you want any help on the sequels. Just like the original, if you lose, you just gotta try again, till your characters reach a high level.

>> No.1911653

By the way, Captain Tsubasa 2 Super Striker is fully translated unlike the first game.

http://upfile.mobi/113653

>> No.1911657

Also, there's touhou soccer 1 and 2 which are parodies of the game series.

>> No.1912709
File: 177 KB, 256x224, 2142f4f12e125b7ccb5b931d09ff2c37d29a27ef1366857300.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1914256
File: 219 KB, 887x1300, 1370145480520.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]