[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 10 KB, 320x288, zelda-links-awakening.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1884341 No.1884341 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm going on holiday this week, and I'm going to be spending a bunch of time flying. I was wondering what games are good for speedrunning/marathoning during a 7+ hour flight.

I have a DS and a PSP, both can run other systems, I have a preference for handheld games, but will probably end up playing a PSX RPG or something, interspersed with some good shorter games.

Any suggestions? Just looking for a fun mix of games for the flights and all the road trips and suchlike.

>> No.1884439

Super Mario Land series, Advance Wars

>> No.1884986

>>1884341
I always have a few RPGs I either never played or played so long ago they're almost new to me again for trips like this. Anything that requires faster or more accurate reactions is annoying to play when your sitting next to Mr Creosote or Snotty McSpaz triple gold winner at the ADHD Olympics. It's nice to have a mix so when you get your fill of one you can just switch to another. The DS also has a lot of native games ideal for the situation.

>> No.1885640

>>1884986
Yeah, I'm hitting that point where I think I've played everything on the handhelds, so I'm looking at PS1 games which I never played for example, never owned a PS1, but not really impressed by what I'm finding on it.

I finally set up my psp/ds to run games and I'm hitting this wall of having nothing I want to play, and I know the second I'm stuck on a plane I'll realise exactly what I SHOULD have brought.

>> No.1885654

>>1884341
how do you get to the chimney on that house? i never figured it out as a kid. the flying blue cock doesnt work

>> No.1885694

>>1884341
If you like platformers, play N+. It's on both platforms but the DS has the better d-pad so go with that.
Also, read a book. I recommend Dune.

>> No.1886683

>>1885640
>so I'm looking at PS1 games
You ever play either Tomba games? Brave Fencer Musashi is also a pretty good one too, and there's Kingsley's Adventure which while I know it's not the greatest it's still a semi-decent game.

I also recommend For The Frog The Bell Tolls for GBC, it's got an English translation too.

>> No.1887380

>>1886683
Got the Frog translated, and some romhacks like Sonic 3 Complete, Rockman 4 minus infinity, Mario Adventure etc. I've never gotten around to playing Brave Fencer, good idea! Never heard of Kingsley's Adventure, but you sold me at Psygnosis!

>> No.1887564

>>1884341
dragon quest iv, v, vi on ds

>> No.1887575

>>1884341
If you're looking for something short, Metroid Zero Mission is pretty easy to beat in a day or so, especially if you're played a Metroid game before.

The GBA Kirby games are pretty short as well, they're pretty relaxing to play in my opinion. Try Amazing Mirror or Super Star Ultra if you want exploration, Nightmare in Dream Land if you want something more traditional.

>> No.1888186

>>1885654
You don't.

Dude, what?