[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 173 KB, 980x984, rayman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1874701 No.1874701[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

other than the lives system i cant think of a single flaw this game has, perhaps you guys may have a different opinion but this was one of the most atmospheric games along with abe's odysee

>> No.1874725

>>1874701
As far as platformers go, I prefer the Crash Bandicoot series. As far as strict 2D, side scrolling platformers go, I like Megaman X4 a lot more.

Not that I'm trying to take anything away from Rayman or anything. It's just not a remarkable game in my eyes. It does everything it does just fine, but it lacks a lot of originality and the gameplay could have been faster and tighter IMO.

A fun time to be had, but with so many better games out there, it's not one I'd pick over anything else.

>> No.1874765

Maybe it's because I played the new ones first but he seems like he walks really slow.

>> No.1874781

This was the very first game I ever got for my Playstation back in 1996. It's pretty great. Particularly, I recall the artstyle and music being very nice for the time. But I'll have to agree with the anon above that Crash Bandicoot is the superior game. I base this on the fact that I got like 3/4s of the way through Rayman as a child and gave up but 100 percent completed the first Crash Bandicoot game.

>> No.1874785

>>1874781
>implying that anyone has actually collected all those purple things on Rayman

>> No.1874805

>>1874785
I didn't even beat it. Maybe it was too hard for 7 year old me or something but I think I got to the music/band themed levels? I think after I got some more games it just ended up collecting dust on my shelf after I picked up a copy of Gex.

>> No.1874827

>>1874701
>i cant think of a single flaw this game has
rayman moves too slowly
some of the cage locations are mega bullshit

I like the game though, like >>1874781 it's the first game I got for my PS.

>> No.1875054

I enjoy this game, but the difficulty makes me feel like a casual. I swear, I will never find all the cages no matter how hard I look. I've even cheated and used some maps and the cages just were not there. Not that it really matters, I've never been able to beat it either.

>> No.1875085

Anybody know more about the differences between the Playstation version and the Saturn version? I found this massive change in the final boss battle which blew my mind.

>exploding glass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMWzEJhlJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sswWrRblybo (go to 4:40)