[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 719 KB, 2560x1920, IMAG0318.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1695889 No.1695889 [Reply] [Original]

I just picked up a master system on the weekend and a ton of games for it. I am loving it so far makes me wish I had picked one up earlier. Kind of sucks the pause button is on the console but other than that the controller is amazing the buttons are super comfy and responsive and the dpad is really responsive. I think I have a pretty good collection of games going so far and I ordered some more online like the other wonder boy games. What are some good hidden gems or other games I should know about?

Master System thread go!

>> No.1695895

>sega games missing the boxes

How?

>> No.1695901

>>1695895
I have the boxes for most of them actually I just didn't put them in the photo. The ones with good art for sure though like rastan and r-type. Sucks I dont have the boxes for a few of them though.

>> No.1695913

three other games might be Wonderboy in Monster Land, Wonderboy III Dragon's Trap/Curse, and Psycho Fox.

>> No.1695918

>>1695913
my bad, you said other Wonderboys. Good place to start.

>> No.1695923

Wonder Boy in Monster Land
Wonder Boy III the Dragon's Trap
Alex Kidd in Shinobi World
Phantasy Star
Fantasy Zone 1/2
Ys: the Vanished Omens
Ultima IV
Power Strike
Power Strike II

The last two might be a problem, though I consider them my most valuable SMS games.

>> No.1696520

>>1695895
As ever, people don't appreciate anything. Yes, people actually threw away Sega clamshell cases.

>> No.1696525

>>1696520
I'd say most people threw the cases away and just kept the carts all loosey goosey

>> No.1696589

>>1696525
On the plus side, Genesis and Master System games fit perfectly into those audiocassette cases. Not the fold-up individual ones we use for Game Boy games, but the cases that hold sixteen or so cased cassette tapes. You usually find either single row cases with lids, or those particle board monstrosities with slide-out drawers for like a dollar at any thrift store.

>> No.1697102

>>1696589
I have WAAAAY too many games for one of those unfortunely.

>> No.1697897

Man I really need more master system games. I have a power base converter and 3 games but thats it. I have Rambo 3 which needs the light gun I don't have, and doesn't work on my LCD anyway. and I have Zaxxon 3d and another 3d game but those don't work on lcd's either and my glasses are buried somewhere anyway. Any good cheap game recommendations? I know I can emulate them all on my wii, but still.

>> No.1698340

>>1697897
Black Belt, Wonder Boy, The Ninja
all very cheap and common.
Black Belt is a Hokuto no Ken game that got altered for north america but people still explode and bad ass hokuto no ken shit still happens its great.

>> No.1698346

Alex Kidd in miracle world is fucking amazing I wish I hadn't skipped out on it for so long. Kinda sucks the controls are reversed but its still amazingly fun.

>> No.1698476
File: 198 KB, 252x357, landillusion.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1695889
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP4VuReh0p0

>> No.1700667

>>1696589
I have a genesis specific case for loose carts. I went to a thrift store to find a cassette case to store my loose games and lucked out on the genesis case. I'd take a picture but I'm not at home.

>> No.1700687

>>1695889
me too anon

hope you're having as much fun with yours as I am. Nabbed the wonder boys and alex kidds, shinobi, zillion and hang on. Looking for the sonics, but MS is a great system I've only started getting into. Don't own the system sadly, just the Power Base Converter. I wannt one so I can use the controllers though I loved those things.

>> No.1700921

>>1695889
A few other games to try:

Scramble spirits - two player top down plane shoot em up. Fun!

Sonic 1 and 2 and chaos - Of course. 1 is best, but the others are ok too.

Lemmings - Oh no! Let's go!

Desert and Jungle strike - Decent enough versions

Asterix - Great platformer with two quite different playable characters

Other titles I haven't owned personally, but are still worth looking for:

Wolfchild - Pretty cool platformer with really good graphics for an MS game

Bubble bobble = bubblybubblybubbly

to avoid like the goddamn plague:

Transbot - Just... Just trust me ok? It's really really bad.

>> No.1701027

Was there any Sega Card game that was worthwhile aside from Hang-On?
I would like my card slot to see atleast some action.

>> No.1701579

>>1700921
I'm loving it Rastan and Black Belt are awesome. Golden Axe warrior is really damn good too but I find myself playing those first two games I mentioned most. For a kung fu style beat em up Black Belt kicks copious amounts of ass.

>> No.1701607
File: 6 KB, 240x240, Hokuto-no-Ken-Black-Belt.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1700921
>Asterix
seconding that suggestion, that game is great

>>1701579
>For a kung fu style beat em up Black Belt kicks copious amounts of ass.
fyi it originally was a fist of the north star game in japan, hence the exploding baddies (same with the infamous last battle on the genesis)
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/hokutonoken/blackbelt.htm

>> No.1701642

>>1701607
I know that is why I love it so much. Doing the hokuto no ken shit to the bosses is the best. That first fucker I like to get right up in his face and punch the shit outta him.

>> No.1701681

nobody gonna say Zillion??? come on now!!

>> No.1701750

Is there a good game to showcase the power of the SMS?

Right now I have Space Harrier, but as impressive it might look, it also displays the problems the SMS had with pseudo-3D.