[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 788 KB, 800x580, Super_Mario_64_(NA).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1689715 No.1689715[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Downloading some games off the Wii Virtual Console (including pic related, which i've only ever played like 3 levels but the nostalgia makes it one of my favorites). What's the best controller for Virtual Console? Gamecube Controller or the Wii Classic Controller? Also are there any great games out there I should download (thought about Super Metroid because I'm a big fan of the Prime games and Fusion) i'll probably do Ocarina if I can't think of anything else since it's a great game that I enjoy.

>> No.1689718

Gamecube or the classic controller pro

>> No.1689729

>>1689718
is the pro controller readily available at like gamestop?

>> No.1692261

>>1689729
I think that's where I got it.

The GameCube controller is nice, but sometimes movement feels awkward since it was designed for the N64 control stick, and not the GameCube's. I used that when I still sued my Wii, but now that I have a Wii U, I'm forced to use a Classic Controller Pro, which works well although playing the N64 Zelda games is a bit awkward.

>> No.1692268

>>1689715
I just played through this with a ps2 controller and it worked better than i ever would have expected.
I know it's not what you're looking for but you'll be surprised how well it plays on other controllers considering how weird the n64 controller was

>> No.1692270

I prefer classic controller pro. Also, you should look into hacking your Wii, it's very easy and there's lots of tutorials available. Could end up saving you a lot of money, and the ability to play games that aren't on the VC service.

>> No.1694365

Sorry if this counts as hijacking, but what about WiiU? Do virtual console games play well on their Pro controller?

>> No.1694379

wii classic controller is pretty good, the analog sticks suck for n64 and other 3D games so you're better off getting the gamecube controller and getting used to the weird c stick/x y changes and placement.

>> No.1694484

There are so many great games on the virtual console. I always like to point out a few of the rarer gems though. Some of the games are very hard to find in physical format and I was really happy that the virtual console made them accessible to everyone without having to emulate them. For that alone these games are worth checking out.

-Castlevania X Rondo of Blood - Turbographics
- Ironclad - Neo Geo
- Monster World IV - SNES

>> No.1697479

Gamecube is probably good for n64 games but its not great for older games. The d pad is too small and weirdly placed, and the button layout can make some games difficult to play. I remember buying contra 3 for it and being unable to play with the GC controller because the jump and shoot buttons were placed across from each other so I couldn't easily swich between the two like on an snes controller. I like the classic controller though, and it works great. My only real complaint is that its wired so you have the wiimote dangling around, but its doable.

>> No.1697487

Also, they make an adapter that has ports for an NES, SNES, and N64 controller that plugs into the gamecube controller slot so you might want to try to find one of those if you can, and already have those controllers.

>> No.1697490 [DELETED] 

>>1697479
>its not great

*It's not great

>> No.1698307

>>1689715
For nintendo 64 The gamecube controller
is pretty good. It feels allright.

For the Snes, sega and 2d Games the classic controller pro is the best.

>> No.1698310

>>1698307
Also try to check the snes emulator. I`ve found it very useful to play demon`s crest. But donkey kong country 1 2 3 works better in the Virtual Console.