[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 790 KB, 1018x1018, Oracles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1633051 No.1633051 [Reply] [Original]

Let's talk about these games.

It seems like you either love 'em or you hate 'em.
What's your opinion?

>> No.1633078

Love them and would give them my money if they made new oracle games not just remakes. This will never happen though and this makes me sad.

>> No.1633097

I remember seeing this on TV as a kid and thinking that it was so cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4vUeIP4heY

"An adventure too big for just one game" sounded so intriguing at the time.
See, I grew up at a weird time. LttP and OoT came out when I was still too young to really play them,
but Link's Awakening DX came out and was one of the first games I got for my GameBoy Color.
It was also the first Zelda game that I got to experience on my own.
So when I found out there were TWO more games, that had a co-dependent and interlinking story -- involving TIME TRAVEL, I was very excited.

Unfortunately I didn't get to play them until many years later.
My parents would never get them for me because I was kind of a brat and insisted on having BOTH games, not just one.
(I knew if I only had access to half of the story I wouldn't be able to sleep lol)

>> No.1633128

>>1633051
See >>1620776

>> No.1633169

>>1633128
My mistake, sorry! I didn't check the catalog.

Please ignore this thread, guys.
It won't let me delete it. :(

>> No.1633363

>>1633169
Don't worry about it. The other guy didn't even put "Zelda" or "Oracle" in his OP, so the search box wouldn't have helped.

>> No.1634182

I tried to play one of them. It was years ago so I don't remember which. Anyway after 10 minutes I was bored as shit and never tried again, and this is coming from a guy whose played through Links Awakening a half dozen times.

>> No.1635529

>>1634182
Why don't you try Seasons again first?

>> No.1636892

>>1633051
>What's your opinion?
Who fucking cares?

You already summed everything up. Some people love them, some people hate them. The end.