[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 890 KB, 2142x2894, 6a2fd678-cea7-494b-9120-5a7145c4a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1619291 No.1619291 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone else have trouble with their peers and retro gaming?

I'm eighteen and it's hard to find people in my age group that want to play even consoles one gen old, nevermind 15+ years. My mum outright told me to myself that Mario Kart 64 hurt her eyes and she couldn't believe she liked graphics like that years ago.

>> No.1619302

N64/PS1 is as far back as I can get my friends to go.

>> No.1619305 [DELETED] 

>mum

Stopped reading right there. There's no reason in this day and age to insist on using such vernacular terminology. We don't all share your fondness for life in the boondocks.

>> No.1619315 [DELETED] 

>>1619305
Don't talk aboot me mum like 'at ya fuckin wee fanny. Ah'll kick yer cunt in.

>> No.1619316

My uncle wants me to give him his old SNES and PS1 he gave me. I don't know if it's genuine interest, collecting, nostalgia, or he wants to sell it

>> No.1619319

I'm 25 so I can play the nostalgia card on my friends pretty good. I try to pick up mostly co op and multiplayer games on every console, got a fuck load of multitaps now going back to the NES

that being said if someone asked me to play atari with

>> No.1619350

only person I can enjoy games with is my girlfriend, I have yet to find anyone to still carry their consoles from childhood let alone like games from before the 5th gen

>> No.1619361
File: 17 KB, 300x225, $_35[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619291
The cool kids are drawn to me like gravity to absorb my authentic retro gaming flavor. Keeping it real.

captcha: hiplyst cerebral

>> No.1619371

>>1619361
>yfw I grew up with that guide

Helped me a ton of games.

As far as my friends go, we all had a mutual friend who we'd hang out with who had a top loading NES, and a million other games and consoles (including the Sega CD + 32x) so in high school, we were all constantly exposed to retro vidya while also played new stuff. He moved away, but my friends are still /vr/ enough. We're trying to beat Zelda in order of release. We did Legend of Zelda over two days, and now are going to do Zelda II and LttP. Feels good man.

>> No.1619374

/vr/ - kindergarden

>> No.1619395

>>1619371
Uh yeah I've had mine for certainly twenty five years at least. That's why I'm so authentic.

>> No.1619460

>>1619291
I'm in the exact same boat OP. Heck, most of my friends barely even play many modern games.

Ever heard of the whole 'monogamer' phenomenon? Yeah, that's my friend group. I really wish there were more people our age who could actually appreciate that games older than a few years are even worthwhile.

>>1619374
/vr/ - shitposters

>> No.1619461

>>1619291
>born in the wrong generashun.mp3

>> No.1619467

When I was a kid few people ever wanted to play with me. Aside from Metal Slug, anything I liked "was for fags".

Years later I've met a guy who wasn't even allowed to play videogames as a kid and thus (appreciates any gen) and a PSOne RPG fan. It feels good, man.

>>1619361
>tfw the ex gave me one of those
I still have it.

>> No.1619519

>>1619467
You are a fag though right? That's probably why they thought everything you liked was for fags.

>> No.1619947

>>1619519
For kids in Middle School, you could say Spyro the Dragon, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros ("Mario is gay!"), Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, the Harry Potter PSX games, racing games and RPGs are for fags. So yes.

>> No.1619949

>>1619947
Your overtly effeminate mannerisms probably ruined all those games for dozens of your classmates. Good job.

>> No.1619958
File: 61 KB, 500x594, 1399686434410.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619949
You are so funny, anon.

I feel like I need to point out I grew up in Mexico in the 90s. If a game didn't involve shooting anything in the face (or Soccer) it was of no interest to them.

>> No.1619962

Young fag, seriously? GTFO and back to /v/

>> No.1619976

>>1619958
I get the macho culture but I seriously thought you meant you were legitimately a fag, when you said "I've met a guy..." and then you said "the ex" gave you a Player's Guide. Are you just accidentally implying you're gay because you're an ESL speaker? Because that's hilarious.

>> No.1620131

That's just the way it is, OP. Casuals just can't appreciate what they don't understard. They don't get why someone likes to assemble his own PC, compile a kernel or drive a manual car.

Not to say "pffft, these inferior humans just can't comprehend it" but...they just can't.

>> No.1620145

>>1619291
My GF tells me how ugly PS1 graphics are every time I play any game. And has also kindly informed me that my taste in games sucks.

Meanwhile, she's constantly playing the despicable me runner and hidden object games...

In her defense, I WAS playing Resident Evil 1 when she told me my taste sucks, lol.

>> No.1620163

>>1619302
>>1619350
I don't get this. Fifth and Sixth gen games aged much worse than Third and Fourth. Sprites look better than low polygons with very few exceptions.

>> No.1620169
File: 7 KB, 218x208, Wizard_Merlin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619291
They're... they're playing Super Mario Bros. together?

>> No.1620171

>>1620145
>hidden object games

Absolutely disgusting. I'm sure your gf is nice and all, but dat lack of taste..

>> No.1620186

>>1620145
>>1620171
What's wrong with hidden object games? While I agree the recent overabundance of those things rustles jimmies, there's nothing inherently wrong with the gameplay. Or at least no more wrong than those farmville games.

>> No.1620190

>>1620171
I know, seriously. She's fucking awesome otherwise though.

I think her issue started because she was raised by her grandma, who refused to buy her any consoles growing up.

She'd play like 5 or 10 minutes of an NES or Genesis game at a friends house as a kid, but never spent any real time with games until she was an adult.

Then her ex would buy consoles and hog them, borderline refusing to let her play anything, lol. The poor girl just couldn't win.

Then there's the fact that she almost exclusively plays free games now...

>> No.1620384

Also eighteen here. My friends have no hangups in going back to old games. Between YouTube and indie games on Steam, it's not like they're not accustomed to the style. The most receptive of them is my Korean friend who grew up with a GBA multicart full of early NES titles. We started a playthrough of The Guardian Legend recently and got up to corridor eight; hoping we can meet up this weekend and finish it.
I also introduced my girlfriend to retro games recently. She plays modern stuff, but the NES is new to her. She loved playing NiGHTS and was totally absorbed when I tore through Ninja Gaiden for her, so I guess it went over well. I got her interested in Secret of Mana and we're going to attempt our first playthrough together soon. It's fucking rad, dude.

>> No.1620387

I'm 22. You'd think that people around this age would have nostalgia for at least the PS1 or N64, but I haven't met a single person who's like that. Closest person I know is someone who's just a huge fan of Megaman and keeps old consoles just for the sake of playing games from said series.

>> No.1620394 [DELETED] 

>That guy who ate cheetos before touching the controller.

You know who you are.
Fuck you.

>> No.1620414

All of my piers either:
A. Will only go as far with retro as the 90s Kids fads will allow.
B. Will play CoD and nothing else.

>> No.1620457
File: 82 KB, 466x479, 1359345431379.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

In high school I downloaded an emulator on a friend's computer and basically sat his ass down with some Chrono Trigger since that shit was too complicated for him at the time or something. However, he is quite fond of PSX era JRPGs and had already been familiar with it due to the PSX port and having actually played Chrono Cross, so I don't really know how much that counts.

I'm the only person I know who will actively go out of his way to play retro games. Not too bothered by it, though. I still play enough new games to not feel too out of touch.

>> No.1621532

>>1620169
yeah, it's two players.
and it's luigi's turn
don't try and act like you don't mime out the other player's moves on your controller while it's their turn

>> No.1621607
File: 4 KB, 136x209, bushido.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619291
The nostalgia and generational bandwagon is finally leaving and retro games are becoming a very niche interest (again).

Only the true believers will soon remain. In a way, it will be like the "good old days" before games exploded.

Take pride, OP. If you stick with retro games today, you are member of the few and the true.

>> No.1621792

You're probably not going to get MOST people to play games older than they are. Since you were born in 95/96, most of your friends probably started on a PS2/Xbox/Gamecube (assuming they were around 5 years old when they got their first console), and they aren't grounded in the styles of pre-3D gameplay that were pretty much dead by that generation.

I'm 24, and I started with a SNES. I love 90s 2D games, but I honestly almost never play NES or 2600 games, except for a handfull of arcade games in MAME that were ported to those systems. 80s games mostly just don't hold my attention the same way. I find it similarly easy to play 90s arcade/console stuff with my friends, but the minute I bust out something from the 80s or even PC games of the early 90s, a lot of my friends will tell me to turn it off and put on Mortal Kombat or Donkey Kong Country or something. But I have another friend my age who didn't get a console until he got a PS2 at like 12 years-old, and he hates basically everything 2D.

>> No.1621814

>>1620163
Nostalgia
Everyone had a hard on for 3d and it doesn't hurt that PS1 and N64 had some excellent games

>> No.1621821

Not really, myself and a few of my friends have arcade cabinets so we play those mainly, I still play some mega drive.

We don't pay as new as n64 or ps1 stuff

>> No.1621824

>>1619291
Taking care of an 18 year old child is a lot of work. Your moms eyes hurt from looking at the bills from your special school. She was trying to be nice by blaming it on the vidya.

>> No.1621849

>>1620163
I don't necessarily agree. I started in the pre-3D days, and I still think there's a certain charm to low-poly 3D. I wouldn't say the NES was any better-looking for 2D than the PSX was for 3D.

In fact, I'd even go as far as to say there's a certain trippy, dreamlike quality to low poly graphics and short, foggy draw distances.

>> No.1622035

>>1621849
Yeah, man, I really think the limitations of systems gave them a certain aesthetic. For example, GBA games are really spooky because of their drab palette and harsh music. I thought I was the only one who noticed, but then jontron said the same thing in a Game Grumps vid.

>> No.1622598

I'm a few days away from turning 21, and many of my friends I grew up with still are willing to play older generation games. (But not quite /vr/ old, more due to the limitations on the amount of players)

I played Desert Storm on the Gamecube with three other friends a few months back.

I do have friends who are into /vr/ type games as well, but they're old high school friends who I don't get to see much anymore.

It was really nice to be able to talk about old games with them. I was always kind of a weirdo in elementary school because I grew up with a lot of JRPG's, a lot of them in Japanese.

>> No.1623053
File: 27 KB, 312x360, the_boondocks_17__30035.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1621607
Bushido Brown said it, must be true

>> No.1623062

>>1622598
I'm just a little older than you, be 22 in october. I grew up with SNES and GB, my dad never liked to buy new shit, we got a whole bunch of really good SNES games in like 97 or 98 from FUNCOLAND. Best place in the world, and I knew it back then, bought a good deal of GB games from there growing up.
Basically anything I remember playing from back in those days is immediately 10x better than it actually is.
Case in point, my love for:
Pac Man 2 The New Adventures
Zoop
Krusty's Super Fun House
Cool Spot
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (FF USA in Japan)

>> No.1623089

>>1619467
>Not allowed to play video games

Jehova's Witnesses?

>> No.1623102

>>1621849
>I wouldn't say the NES was any better-looking for 2D than the PSX was for 3D
Most NES games ran at 60fps. Hardly any 3D PS1 games ran at 60fps.

>> No.1623109

>>1623102
>fps
Please tell me this horrible fad will pass soon.

>> No.1623118

>>1619291

No

>> No.1623143

>>1623109
Eventually we'll plateau again where most games can run full-speed synced to the screen's refresh rate. Give it time.

>> No.1623268

>>1619291
>I'm eighteen
I really want to have a little brother like you so I could play retro games with someone all day long during the weekend.

>> No.1623284

>>1619291
I don't get this, I only actually started playing games about 5 years ago, I never grew up with games, just comics and books (21 here) but I like going through the older games to see what got us here. Why would you ignore what cane before? Especially in a medium like games which has such a rich and lucrative history with such a wide variety.

>> No.1623376

>only white guy in 3rd world shithole
>Everyone is stupid,ugly and religious fanatics

It's impossible to have a normal conversation with these fucks, let alone getting them to do anything interesting. Oh man.. the horror stories I could tell you about this fucked up place, but I digress...

I have to play alone all the time
>feelsbadman.jpg

>> No.1623385

>>1623376
Where art thou?

>> No.1623467

>>1621532
Not that anon, I do not do this. Maybe back in the day but now I set down the controller and have a sip of brew Newcastle

>> No.1623527

>>1623089
I was raised as a jehovahs witness and had started with atari. My mother beat the legend of zelda on nes before me and my bro could. She played all the 2D sprite games. Couldn't get her into the n64 and she stopped vidya playing.

The only time she ever got mad was when my dad bought diablo and my mother didn't want us to play a game with the name devil on it. Dad didn't care and bought it anyways.

There are some uptight jehovah witness parents and some that were pretty damn cool like mine.

>> No.1623937
File: 1.07 MB, 1555x1162, IMG_0144.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Here in Germany about 40-60% of my friends are themselves games and retro game collectors.

I met most of them via retro gaming bbs so that helped a lot.

attached is a picture of our annual meeting.

>> No.1623942

Not really, no. I'm more of an enthusiast than others, because I enjoy older genres, but I every gamer I know appreciates old games even if they don't play them regularly.

>> No.1623951

>>1623937
Your friends are games? That's sad buddy.

>> No.1624075

My parents dont really play games, so idk what my "mum" thinks about Mario Kart 64. However I do know that most of my friends aren't really gamers either. As I got older I started to like things other than games, and as a result my selection of friends reflected that, to the point where two of my best friends actually dont play games. One of them is the stereotypical kid who's parents wouldn't let him because they'd force him to study for school, which I guess worked because he was valedictorian and has a full ride through college. And the other is so involved in his hobby (music production), that he doesn't have time to game. I did get him hooked on mount and blade for awhile though, which is as close as I've gotten to retro with him.

Then there's my oldest friend, who I've known since first grade. He is very much a gamer, and very much an asshole too. He spends most of his time playing TF2 now though, and doesn't see the point in owning actual hardware as emulates just about everything. He also doesn't know dick about computers and downloads viruses a lot. When he does come over to hang out, he usually ends up wanting to play a single player game (blinx is the most common request).

Other than them, the only person I know well enough to allow into my house, is my girlfriend, who is currently living with her parents in another state. I haven't gotten the chance to play a lot of games with her (she's more of a movie person) but I know her taste is fairly stereotypical of women (farmville, etc...)
She had a blast playing battletoads though, so I think her shit taste is out of necessity rather than preference. (she is shit at computers, so she doesn't game much on them)

My real issue is finding someone to play /tg/ RPG's with. I've never done it and probably never will because of that. But holy shit do I want to play cyberpunk 2020 so fucking badly.
:'(

>>1619947
>racing
>for fags
lel

>> No.1624086

>>1623527
Except none of them will let you get a blood transfusion if you get hurt and are bleeding out.

>> No.1624092

>>1624075
>oldest friend
>very much a gamer
>now only plays tf2

Its like we're the same person OP. Its so sad.

>> No.1624096

>>1623937
Yeah, I'm German too and I know lots of people who are into retro gaming. There's even a local club/cafè/whatever you wnat to call it that hosted retro gaming nights a couple of times.

>> No.1624098

I try to get younger kids that don't have any consoles whatever to use emulators to play older games on slower pc's that they have in the house but they aren't interested. I feel like fuck you then, if you'd rather not play shit, have a shitty boring life.

>> No.1624101

Me and my group of friends have this thing where we try and complete a game after a night out.

Sonic 2 with Knuckles took about 6 hours to complete a few weeks ago, but my god it was the best gaming experience I'd had in years.

>> No.1624106

>>1624086
Actually thats now become a grey area and apparently it's up to your conscience now. Which still comes down to your parents and if they are normal or crazy.

>> No.1624175

>>1624086
if its a life or death situation then the state will take over and decide for you.
I'm not a JW btw, I'm a cop.

>> No.1624190

>>1623089
I was raised Christian (never bought into it though) and I wasn't allowed to play any. Even when I got a job and had my own money.

My parents knew someone else who had a kid who played games all the time and his father smashed the system with a hammer. Apparently my parents thought that was a good choice and thus I never got what I asked for.

>>1623109
Your fps matters when playing a modern FPS game.

>>1619291
If someone doesn't want to get into retro gaming, don't force them to. It's like those faggots that want me to watch their anime that I have no interest in.

If someone wants to play old games, they will. If someone likes a new game with older roots, they might get into older games that way. They won't get interested just to serve this board's nostalgiaboner.

>> No.1624229

I feel a bit sorry for the younger generations. I'm really not trying to be an elitist jackass, but I think they missed out. Being born in the early to mid 80s was simply a magical time for gaming. Every new generation offered you something which was exactly your thing at that time and the whole medium grew up with you. Lighthearted platformers in your early childhood, RPGs with a story just complex enough so an early teenager can follow them (which were, back then, of course the GREATEST STORIES EVER TOLD) and when puberty hit you with full force, the PSX was released with all the edgy stuff someone in this age would find awesome.

These days the poor guys get the full palate of different genres for different age groups on a single system. There is no magic anymore.

>> No.1624387

>>1619374
/vr/ - nintendo hard

>> No.1624407

>>1620145
>>1620171
>>1620186

What's a hidden object game?

>> No.1624409

>>1624407
>https://www.google.com/images?q=hidden+object+game

>> No.1624414
File: 14 KB, 160x124, 1399108704143.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619291
>Anyone else have trouble with their peers and retro gaming?
Nope.

>> No.1624417
File: 264 KB, 572x690, 1353353030596.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619958
I honestly can't tell if that's the edit or this is.

>> No.1624443

>>1624417
Well, 50 Cent Bulletproof is more fun than La Blue Girl, so I'm going with that.

>> No.1624625

Most all of my friends who like video games also love and play retro games, including my _boy friend.

>> No.1624697

>>1624175
filthy piggu

>> No.1624706

22 person here. My first console was the Gamecube. I own 5 games for it and I know them inside and out.

I don't think any of my friends would have anything against a game based on its age. I had a friend in middle school who gave me that vibe, though.

>> No.1624741

I have a different problem. Some of the people I know through clubs at college like "mainstream retro-gaming". They have surface knowledge and merch of old Nintendo games but I can't talk to them about anything else because their nostalgia doesn't stretch that far. Instead, I have to quietly deal with them talking about shitty Pokemon memes.

>> No.1624746

Anyone remember being ostracized for bringing gameboys to school? "Look at that nerd!"

Now I imagine everyone plays games on their smartphones while wearing their retro 8-bit Nintendo shirts. "I'm playing flappy bird I love vidya Im such a nerddd xD" Truly disgusting.

>> No.1624753

>>1624746
>Anyone remember being ostracized for bringing gameboys to school?

Never happened to me once or anyone else at my school.

And what does this have to do with anything?

>> No.1624760

My two best friends and I all have a shared interest in retro games. We beat Contra and Battletoads together. Those were great times.

>> No.1624860

19 y/o. I've been gaming as long as I can remember honestly. this is probably gonna sound pretentious as all fuck but my grandpa bought me a gameboy pocket with pokemon blue the year before pre school and I taught myself very basic reading skills from playing the game. it probs helped that my mom was a kindergarten reading teacher so I retained a bit of phonics from her by osmosis pretty much. at any rate, my
cousin 4 years older than me was into gaming pretty heavily and we played a lot of playstation. we also shared a sega gamegear. he's the only person I've ever really played games with and now we're both into /vr/. me way more so than he is, but he's always interested in playing stuff and I bring it over and we play for late into the night and order pizza. although I rarely see him now. other than him though I've never really had friends that played vidya at all. or many friends at all for that matter, so vidya was pretty much what I used to replace friends. which I'm sure a lot of people do. still don't have any friends and rarely see aforementioned cousin. so I'm a lonely fag but it's not so bad all the time, been getting pretty into /vr/, skateboarding, and music prod. lately so it's mostly good times.
plus I wasn't allowed to go outside as a youngin, grew up in kind of a bad neighborhood.

>>1624417
laughed so fucking hard at this, anon.

>>1624746
I had a friend for a short while in elementary that was into gaming (as was I obvi) and once when I wanted to trade some pokemon with him he was being a little bitch about having our gameboys out during recess because they'd take them.

other than that, at one point in high school I was known as the kid that played playstation and snes on his phone with the actual controllers. I've got hookups that go to my phone where I can use the actual snes controller, and a separate one where I can use a PS controller. was pretty nice my senior year because I could not pay attention in class and play emulated /vr/.

>> No.1624868

I enjoy all games

The nes has aged badly honestly but I still love it
Honestly if you want to find people to play with pay with people who don't really like games.they like the old stuff

>> No.1624883

If you're under 20 you probably shouldn't be on /vr/ unless you were born in some third world country that was still playing NES and Genesis in 2003 or something

>> No.1624903

>>1624883
I'm 22 but anybody can be any age playing retro
No reason to be elitist unless they are shitposters or won't understand our nostalgia

>> No.1624917

>>1624883
Why do you need to be in a 3rd world country to enjoy NES/Genesis in 2003 or something?
I bought games for/played my SNES well into the 00s (still do, but not so much buying anymore in this market), and I'm only 19. I don't understand this logic.

>> No.1624918
File: 12 KB, 243x280, JC+Denton+12196551632471.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619291
>Nintendo game being played on a Sony TV

It's like they predicted the future.

>> No.1624920

>>1624883
>If you're under 20 you probably shouldn't be on /vr/

People who belong on /vr/: People who want to discuss retro video games (and pinball!). End of story.

>> No.1624939

>>1624883
>If i don't like you because of your age you should not be on this website, which i do not own nor have any power over the userbase.

It's like i'm on /v/.

>> No.1624962

I have a few friends who are into it thankfully. The rest are either strictly CoD players, or much older/not very interested in video games in general.

>> No.1624983

>>1624918

Before the shitty wega line sony made good tvs

now especially after the wega line they are beyond shit.

only flat panels you should get are panasonic or pioneer, and one of them doesn't even do them anymore.

Better grab a ZT60 while you still can. (or a used kuro elite if on craigslist)

>> No.1625104
File: 8 KB, 320x224, Out_Run_Title.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619291
>Anyone else have trouble with their peers and retro gaming?
>I'm eighteen and it's hard to find people in my age group that want to play even consoles one gen old, nevermind 15+ years.
Nope, I don't have this problem. It kind of has to happen naturally. Great story actually, I texted a friend after work and he came and picked me up. I brought my Wii over to mess around with Homebrew emulators and that's when he decided to bust out the Master System his uncle gave him. Played it for hours. Worst fucking D-pad ever but the time spent with friends can sometime make an entire experience. Also, Outrun is actually pretty beastly on the system.

If you ever want someone to play old games with just drop by the chat sometime. I'm actually kind of bored right now.

IRC: #/vr/_Netplay on Rizon

>> No.1625126

my friend, who's an xbox 360 achievement whore generally sticks to 7th gen, sometimes plays 6th gen, and occasionally will play retro with me. not so much NES stuff or SNES, but loves n64. i guess that makes sense though. even though most of us had a sega/nes/SNES growing up, the 64 was the system that really stuck, and we were able to make more concrete fond memories with it, since more often than not, it was the system we'd play with friends. that and, considering we were younger when we had the genesis/snes/nes, we didn't leave our houses often to play with other kids quite yet. that wasn't til we hit maybe age 9 or so (at least for me).

i at least talked him into getting Symphony of the Night on the xbox live arcade and playing that, so he can at least get a taste of sidescrolling retro, and I knew once he'd start it, he'd HAVE to get all the achievements, and, wouldn't you know, he completed it in 3 days and loved it.

>> No.1626883

>>1624983
>only flat panels you should get are panasonic or pioneer, and one of them doesn't even do them anymore.

What particularly is bad about viewsonic?

>> No.1626914

>>1619291
Not entirely retro but related somewhat
I had a guy tell me that TES Oblivion looked like shit and laughed when I told him that the game is pretty aesthetically pleasing
This same guy is also autistic over pizza joints, just sayin
I told a second guy that I liked TES Morrowind and he frowned and said "But those graphics, man"

There's also one guy who's a fan of the X series and hops from retro game he can't beat to retro game he can't beat on an iPhone emulator

>> No.1627002
File: 772 KB, 1536x2040, collection2014-04-16.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1619291
18 too. I know how you feel. Although granted, my best friend is a year younger than me and he has reached 2000 games as of last week. I barely have this as a the other day after 5 years of buying this shit.

>> No.1627012

>>1624983
Are their Trinitron HDCRTs any good for playing 6th gen and up, particularly PS3, and watching anime?

>> No.1627068

>>1619316
He probably heard from someone that they're worth a fortune. No take-backsies

>> No.1627076

>>1624106
>grey area
In my experience, they all take it when they realise they're going to die without it. That's respectable, they aren't just taking it for funsies like everyone else, they keep transfusion for emergencies only.

Fucking idiots.

>> No.1627282

>>1627012
Fuck yes, I have one as my main TV. People are always impressed when they come over to watch movies and stuff, saying it looks better than their (insert brand name 50" LED flat screen). The problem is that it weighs almost 200 pounds and it will be literally impossible to take with me when I eventually move.