[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 28 KB, 800x480, retroarch[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1559543 No.1559543[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So I've gotten hold of pic related for Wii. I'm wondering what the best settings are for play on a HDTV? The default settings look great, but I just want to know if that's the best output I can achieve?

Using component connection.

>> No.1559876

>>1559543
Just try the different options and use what you like best. Everyone has a different opinion, this thread will turn into a shitfight pretty soon.

>> No.1562002

>>1559543

>Wii
>HDTV

The whole advantage to using the Wii is that it has proper 240p output for a CRT TV

If you're using an HDTV, you might as well just use a laptop. I don't think RA Wii has many or any shader options.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/91sakv0qdyxjx9f/cGOfV7ZOKd

Try CRT Geom.

>> No.1562302

>>1559543
Go to goodwill
Buy CRT for $1

>> No.1563031

Not op, but using Retroarch. I can't reconfigure the Wiimote's buttons, and the GameCube controller analog sticks have issues. (It's on all GCN controllers and it happens just on Retroarch. Works perfectly otherwise.)

What should I do?

>> No.1563068

>nothing is broken but how do I fix it
just play some fucking games
it's not like any of the effort you put into configuring it is going to drastically change anything

unless you're planning on completely changing the setup, or something has broken/unacceptable, there's no reason for you to be wasting time on trying to achieve the perfect settings. It's just a waste of time
though I suppose that's probably why you're playing video games in the first place