[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 36 KB, 360x240, ducks5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1551969 No.1551969[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Alright, nigs. This piece of golden gaming is freeware for some time. Go to the official page [as seen below] to get it, if You don't already know all this. The developer is TIm Furnish of Hungry Software.

Now, this obscure little title is essentially an amazing clone of Lemmings, and imo, it outdoes its inspiration in terms of gameplay and atmosphere. You have a duck leader who is followed by other ducks, who can take on various forms and tasks. The goal is to reach the spaceship on every level and launch the fuck off.

I played this wonder since I was a little pest and if only I had the money and other practical means back then, I would have paid for it. Since it became freeware, my dreams have been fulfilled... Partially.

On the developer's site You can see there are two official expansions:
World Wide Webbed
and
Beak to the Future.

http://www.hungrysoftware.com/

They are not available for free, by some insane mistake. I have been trying to get them by extensively searching the webz for years. Since the online shop is unavailable for a long time now, and the main and all the third party developers don't check their inboxes or simply don't give a damn; this is the a kind of last resort for me. Hopefully some good gamer lurking around has these files and can provide them for the community. What I can offer in return is a version playable on modern systems without problems via DOSbox, with all the additions I managed to collect, ready to play (which I will compile once I get the two .egg files).

>> No.1551972

http://youtu.be/44eVFopzZ1w

>> No.1552559

Also this is a Ducks thread. Talk about Your experiences about the game.

>> No.1552596

>>1551969
Is it a pre-2000 game? If not, you might want yo remove the thread before you get banned. /vr/ is for 5th gen or earlier, or PC games released in 1999 or earlier.

>> No.1552750

>>1552596
Yes, it was released before 2000, although the development went on for a long time. One free (xmas) expansion .egg file is from 2000, and that is where it stopped, approximately. It's a DOS game.

Thank you for your warning. ;)

>> No.1554056

Seeing the lack of interest, I packed the game as promised anyway.

https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/9991805

Rare are seemingly those, who have played this. Check it out, and if you like the game as I do, get on the case. It would be a shame to lose those two files in the depths of time and neglect.

>> No.1554060
File: 10 KB, 500x300, Ultros.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

That game isn't all it's quacked up to be

>> No.1554101

>>1554060
What do You mean?

>> No.1554573

>>1554056
The level design could be far better. The learning curve is good, but there are some dragging levels. The action is pretty sweet. It might be worth it to dig in the level editor and make some professional tier level packs.

>> No.1554596

>>1554101

I think he's trying to say that it's rather fowl.

>> No.1554605

>>1554596
Well, it's up to personal taste I guess. Yet I'm pretty sure it's far from it.

>>1554573
Yeah, I must admit that the level design could be better.

>> No.1556269

Awesome game OP! I got hooked for hours, and had to play until I finished it. It's a tad easy, though. Wouldn't hurt if it was harder. I hope the user eggs are more challenging.
I played it with the kids, and they love it! Sometimes people forget how impressionable we are as kids, and how biased we may be (looking at you OP) when we review memorable games. Anyway, the game is far from perfect for me, but the kids will probably remember it with fondness. We already talked about creating our own eggs! Thank You for providing an up to date version.

>> No.1558330

>>1556269

Glad you guys like it. :)