[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 15 KB, 363x223, UGC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1486241 No.1486241[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Are those Universal Game Cases any good? If not, got any recommendations for better ones? I need cases for NES, SNES, Genesis and N64.

I never saved the boxes when I was a kid, and I'd like to start organizing/displaying my favorites w/ that "Cover Project" art. I'm already getting a bunch of DVD cases for PS1/PS2 and SCD/DC.

>> No.1486292

Do PAL SNES games fit in those?

>> No.1486748
File: 32 KB, 640x640, 1369496886263.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump

>> No.1486754

They're the same crap cases that video stores used in the 90s. Sure, they hold every disc/cart imaginable, but not very well. Discs wobble around, and carts dont fit very well into their slots.

The sad thing is that they're really your only major option.

>> No.1487086

>>1486292
I bought a few for the odd couple of PAL SNES, N64, and Mega Drive games that I don't own boxes for.
Besides oddly shaped carts, like Sonic&Knuckles for example, normal carts will fit, but like >>1486754 said, they'll wobble around a bit. PAL SNES carts have about half an inch of space on either side, in which to slide up and down in the case.
The rattling around under motion doesn't really bother me though, as my cases are either stationary on a shelf, or on the floor empty when a game's in a machine.

>> No.1487179

>>1486754
>They're the same crap cases that video stores used in the 90s
no they're not, these specific ones were designed around 2004 or so.
>Discs wobble around, and carts dont fit very well into their slots.
seeing as they're not designed for discs, that would be understandable. You are somewhat correct on the carts though. These cases DO need to be modified to fit certain things. Atari, N64, SNES, and Genesis carts fit just fine. However just about anything else will need you to cut some of the plastic out.
If you go over to thecoverproject.net they've got tons of guides on how to put these things together. They've somehow figured out a way to fit just about everything (minus handheld games and disks) into these cases. Even large stuff like game genies and handheld consoles themselves.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAhZ3b5iHY

I've never had a problem with carts wobbling around. Yeah it's not a 100% snug fit, but its not like they're just bouncing around loose in there.
If you live above a laundromat you might have an issue, otherwise they're no worse than official cases.