[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 15 KB, 360x253, 1394753738399.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1466468 No.1466468[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/rec.games.video

This is rec.games.video, the oldest video game forum online. It was active from 1985 to 2001, so pretty much everything there is /vr/ related.

Go there, search for your favorite /vr/ game, post results.

>> No.1466475
File: 40 KB, 525x570, rrrrrrrrr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>True, I agree with all that. Night Trap is a feast for the eyes and very
innovative but isn't that much of a game; it's more like a movie, or the
better term is interactive video.

>> No.1466480
File: 14 KB, 482x350, its called Great Giana Sisters.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>set the filter to only show results from the 80s
>find this

>> No.1466484

>Well, someone a few messages back said he was trying to decide on buying a Genesis or waiting for Super NES. You stated that if Capcom was in the process of developing Mega Man for the 16-bit NES, then you might wait and buy that system instead
of a Genesis. I don't have definate answers, but I do have an idea about this. At the end of Mega Man 3 it says Mega Man is, basically, retired. Throughout the game you do battle with a robot similar to Mega Man and find out at the end of the game that its name is Proto Man. My guess is that ProtoMan will be the "star" of a new game(s) for Super NES?? It seems to make sense, but I have yet to see anything official about it.

>> No.1466489
File: 35 KB, 993x506, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can't find it but there was one where some guy was going on about how the N64 is doomed while the Saturn will live on. I did find this though while going through Saturn posts.

>> No.1466492

>>1466489
Wow that kid is pretty hardcore

>> No.1466503

>Amazing! A friend and I were recently in a local arcade when the owner had his new Champion edition SF2 machine wheeled in. As my friend and I watched, he was toggling through the game's different pre-sets (credits, continues, level select, etc.) and lo and behold, I saw Sheng Long. He appeared alongside the other 12 characters as one that can actually be selected to play! The arcade owner seemed oblivious to this fact, however, and when he toggled back to regular play mode, no Sheng Long.

>Bullshit. How long do us real players have to put up with this? Let me guess you have to beat every character playing M.Bison and if you do this on only 1 credit with not being hit once... Sheng Long comes out.......

I chuckled.

>> No.1466571
File: 167 KB, 454x1036, 3do.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466468
>The bottom line is that 3DO is generally perceived as a company with
innovative hardware, a fair licensing structure, a good set of strategic
partners, and the right long-term strategy. (No software, no hardware, only
operating system and reference chip set development. No competition with
developers.) They are regarded as a genuine threat to Nintendo and Sega.
This makes me happy, because (1) competition is healthy, and (2) current
Nintendo and Sega hardware is completely uninteresting to me from a cool
software development perspective (note that I am also a Nintendo and Sega
owner).

>> No.1466594

>>1466489
>some guy was going on about how the N64 is doomed

It was.

>> No.1466740 [DELETED] 

>IF ANYONE IS A BITCH TO THE INDUSTRY AND WONT SPRING FOR THE NEW SYSTEMS (WHICH ARE ALL BETTER) THEN THEY SUCK !! YOU CHEAP LOSERS ARE TO BUSY WORRYING ABOUT YOUR ZITS AND FARTING TO HELP THE FUCKING INDUSTRY !! IF VIDEO GAMES GO BUST, I'M BLAMING YOU !!! SO IF YOU DONT YET OWN A NEXT GEN SYSTEM GET THE FUCK OFF THE NET AND PLAY 2-D GAMES WHILE JACKING OFF, YOU RAISIN-TESTICLED MORONS !! I'D SAY SOMETHING DEROGATORY ABOUT GIRLS BUT THERE ARE HARDLY ANY ON HERE AND MOST OWN NEXT-GEN SYSTEMS!!!I HOPE YOU FALL OFF A BRIDGE. NOW STOP FUCKING YOUR 2 YEAR OLD SISTER, ASSHOLES FULL OF SHIT. P.S. GENESIS USERS WHO BUY CHEAP OLD GAMES ARE IDIOTIC TURTLE CRAP !!

>> No.1466752
File: 402 KB, 1400x2100, Kathy_Scheirman-1_5x7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>IF ANYONE IS A BITCH TO THE INDUSTRY AND WONT SPRING FOR THE NEW SYSTEMS (WHICH ARE ALL BETTER) THEN THEY SUCK !! YOU CHEAP LOSERS ARE TO BUSY WORRYING ABOUT YOUR ZITS AND FARTING TO HELP THE FUCKING INDUSTRY !! IF VIDEO GAMES GO BUST, I'M BLAMING YOU !!! SO IF YOU DONT YET OWN A NEXT GEN SYSTEM GET THE FUCK OFF THE NET AND PLAY 2-D GAMES WHILE JACKING OFF, YOU RAISIN-TESTICLED MORONS !! I'D SAY SOMETHING DEROGATORY ABOUT GIRLS BUT THERE ARE HARDLY ANY ON HERE AND MOST OWN NEXT-GEN SYSTEMS!!!I HOPE YOU FALL OFF A BRIDGE. NOW STOP FUCKING YOUR 2 YEAR OLD SISTER, ASSHOLES FULL OF SHIT. P.S. GENESIS USERS WHO BUY CHEAP OLD GAMES ARE IDIOTIC TURTLE CRAP !!

>> No.1466779
File: 289 KB, 500x372, grandpa simpson.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466468
Heh, funny you could summarize that pic as "vidya has always been bad".

Although people on the internet has bitched since forever, and that's what led to the creation of Comic Book Guy in The Simpsons.

>> No.1466784

>>1466779
I think it's important to catalog these things for when people try to say that society changes.

We do change a lot. But people will always be people under it all.

>> No.1466803

>>1466779
>Although people on the internet has bitched since forever, and that's what led to the creation of Comic Book Guy in The Simpsons.
Actually his catchphrase, "Worst (...) Ever", originated from a forum post about a bad Simpson episode. The character himself is based on the stereotype of Comic Book Shop owners.

>> No.1466809

>>1466803
Yeah, but we can't deny there's also a dash of people in forums, we've seen in the early 90s episodes of The Simpsons how the CBG logs into Usenet. alt.virgin.nerd or some crap like that.

>> No.1466812
File: 6 KB, 251x194, SpiderLaugh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466468
In article <Dec.11.18.31...@topaz.rutgers.edu> yac...@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mike Yacullo) writes:
>
>hi all...
> i'm very interested in gameboy from the ads and word -of-
I'd say you should get a Lynx by Atari, color, stereo sound and up to eight
people can Lynk together....

>thanx in advance
> mike
>yac...@topaz.rutgers.edu

No problem, :-)
-Ajay
ins...@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu
>Recommending the Atari Lynx, ever.

I lel'd.

I noticed the very old posts have a lot of atari fans shitposting hate about Nintendo, one even says the hate must be xenophobia.

>> No.1466813

>>1466779
I actually do have one like that. >>1460064

>> No.1466828
File: 68 KB, 232x288, FuckingCasuals.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh wow, I looked for The Guardian Legend, and I found the earliest mention of "casual" ever...

Damn, what a frustrating game! It alternates between the ridiculously
hard and maddeningly easy. I don't recommend it for the casual couch
potato.

Any wizards at it? I've gotten down 3-4 corridors, but can't kill the
cyclops globe thing that spews out I-beams (well, thats what they look like)
and bubbles.

Also, I wish that game makers would stop requiring 30-40 character passwords!
-Roger

--
UUCP: unhd!r...@cs.utexas.edu | USPS: Marine Systems Engineering Laboratory
BITNET: r_gonzalez at unhh | University of New Hampshire
PHONE: (603) 862-4600 | 242 SERB
FAX: (603) 862-4399 | Durham, NH 03824-3525

>> No.1466836

>>1466828
HA! If I recall correctly, the green one wasn't a necessary boss anyway. I could be mistaken and maybe it was the red and blue ones that weren't. Don't recall exactly.

>> No.1466848

>>1466812
>I noticed the very old posts have a lot of atari fans shitposting hate about Nintendo
I was starting to wonder, since I noticed in this one >>1466571
that people were using Atari in the discussion almost in the same way as people use EA now.
Was Atari a thing of scorn at some point, or did they think of it with, i guess nostalgia, like in >>1466812

honestly it just blows my mind to see a discussion where they're actually relevant.

>> No.1466852
File: 38 KB, 122x104, cranky.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466813
Pfft, that was super hilarious, good one.

>> No.1466860

>These kids stuck on Zelda III

It was such an easy game, Nintendo held
your hand throughout it.

>> No.1466863

>>1466594
It lost to the PS, but it wasn't a failure on its own.

>> No.1466897

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.video/neo$20geo/rec.games.video/gBWuKbDCqiI/SMDHa2qmULAJ
I fucking love this one, this guy asks what a memory card is.

------------------------
HoloNet Guest Services writes:
>Most of the positive NEO*GEO comments come, naturally, from NEO*GEO
>owners. It isn't because NEO*GEO owners are loyal, etc., etc., but it's

... because they've spent $400-$700 on it and would hate to have to
admit that it was a mistake... =)

(No, I don't want to start a flame war... it's just that even the
line break left the opening. Gimme a break, eh?)

>remember when Fatal Fury came out people whined because it wasn't at all
>like Street Fighter II - it was a decent attempt, but not good enough.
>Now Alpha Denshi has released World Heroes for the NEO*GEO, which mimicks
>Street Fighter II in almost every respect. Now those same people are
>whining about the game's lack of creativity and that it's *TOO MUCH*

There are some people who are never satisfied. I've even heard complaints
from 'expert' players that the 'retro' SF2 machines "don't play as well
as the _real_ ones." Geezzzz. And then there was a discussion I heard two
kids about the ball-end joystick over the bat-style ones...

>... you have to use a memory card just to finish.

Whats a memory card? (Obviously I'm not a N/G owner, though I've played
the stand-up and was less that impressed.)
--
How much does it cost to entice a dope-smoking UNIX system guru to
Dayton?
-- Brian Boyle, UNIX/WORLD's First Annual Salary Survey

>> No.1466913

>>1466897
some more gold from that link, this comment looks like it belongs in a CRT thread.
---------------------------------

ele...@rosie.uh.edu (92H01722) writes:
: I am considering selling my Genesis in order to get a usede NEO GEO.
: I know that the games cost about twide as much, but they are also twice as
: good(from a graohics point of view). What do you think>?
:
: ------HUZZUH! I am STILL Zoltan, KING of the Gypsies!-----
:

Graphics and audio wise, Neo Geo games are much better than
your average SNES/Genesis/Turbo games. BUT, the games also costs twice as
much (around 100-150) as your average SNES/Genesis/Turbo games (50-70).
If you can afford it, or if there are places around where you live that rents
or sells used Neo Geo games, I'd say go for it (well, you might want to rent the
system and a few games first and see if it matches your taste).

I think the reason why Neo Geo games looks better at home is
because the sound systems and screens that they hook them up with in the
arcades really doesn't do the system justice (in another words, they suck sh_t)
The screens are either too small or the contrasts/color/H-V hold is messed up,
and the speakers are nothing but a couple of tweeters and most of the times,
the volume is not turned up (at least, this is true at most arcades here in
the bay area that have the Neo Geo MVS). Hook it up to a good 19 or 27 inch
TV and a decent/good stereo system and you'll see a BIG, BIG difference.
I have my Neo Geo connected to my Sony Trinitron (25 inch)/Panasonic stereo
system in my room and I love it (so does my brother and his friends. They
frequent my room on a daily basis now that I have the Neo Geo)...

Hope this helps..

primus
pri...@netcom.com

>> No.1466915
File: 42 KB, 588x393, cognitive dissonance - 1993.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466863
>It lost to the PS

And the Saturn. And the Win9x IBM-PC. Arguably the Gameboy/Color. And arcades were still going strong. The only people who liked the N64 were:

1) American gaming magazines who survived on Nintendo advertising dollars, and
2) Retarded American children (who read retarded American gaming magazines) and their retarded non-gamer parents

The N64 ruined a fifteen year long buildup of Nintendium momentum single-handed. The only reason Nintendo doesn't die out from that kind of mistake is because they sell all of their cheap hardware at profit (not to mention the profits gained from illegal business tactics and the dubious decision to stick with cartridges so they could create artificial shortages and charge $80 per cart.) This discussion is off-topic.

>> No.1466945
File: 9 KB, 299x293, NiggaYouSRS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466915
>And the Saturn

u wot nigga

No, the reason the DreamCast came as early as it did was because the Saturn was a fenomenal failure.

>> No.1466953

>>1466915
>This discussion is off-topic.
C'mon, don't you want to keep baiting the "retarded Americans"?

>> No.1466963

>>1466915
>read retarded American gaming magazines

...what? Aside from Nintendo Power, which is obvious, game magazines back in the day completely shat on the N64. A lot of them, like Electronic Gaming Monthly, caught hell from readers who constantly whined about the low coverage N64 received in the letters section.

>> No.1466980
File: 88 KB, 1014x668, top 10.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.video/%22top$2010%22/rec.games.video/_SN0aGSHpqU/9OezSqjCEHIJ

The best games of all time according to 1990. Almost all of them are 80s arcade games. No Mario, no Zelda, no Ultima, no Dragon Warrior, no Elite.

>> No.1466997
File: 103 KB, 949x834, MOTHER review 1990.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh shit, I found a review of Mother 1 from 1990

>And just from watching the small part of this game on Kyoko's tape, I can tell it is one of the best games ever made. It will probably come out in the US next year under a different name, and is definitely something to look forward to. I can't wait to play!.

;_;

>> No.1467004
File: 40 KB, 560x400, 14884[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466997
>my girlfriend Kyoko Watanabe

>> No.1467006
File: 270 KB, 410x275, bias.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466945
>Saturn
>fenomenal [sic] failure

Stop spouting nonsense if you want to be taken seriously. The Dreamcast came as early as it did because Sega is almost always early (and they knew they had the right hardware ready to go to take advantage of how terribly N64 was doing.) The Mk.III/MS is an allowable exception because Sega ruled the arcades in the eighties - home consoles were a secondary (at best) market at the time. They were only beaten to the 16-bit gen because Hudson-NEC were really fucking bored.

>>1466953
>don't you want to keep baiting the "retarded Americans
I take no pleasure in discussing the ignorance and brand bias of (my fellow) Americans. The Americans who knew what they were doing at the time were maining PC+PSX and pooling resources to borrow Saturn imports (and anime tapes) from "that guy" down the street who had connections

>>1466963
EGM was highly popular and caught hell from every manner of fanboy. They had no problem in calling them out (see pic)

>> No.1467009

>>1466980
Considering the date, those may bot have been considered classics yet. And also, it does take some time for people to consider something the best and separate the true quality of the game from newness. Does it stay good despite future improvements in the genre, or does it turn out to be just a hollow introduction of concepts that holds little value beyond said introductions?

>> No.1467015

>>1466980
No, the best games of all time according to ONE PERSON. There's a fucking difference.

>> No.1467025

>>1467009

I don't think it's a matter of how old the games were in 1990, but what they were released on. Computer and console games are pretty much ignored in that thread; The only exceptions I can see are M.U.L.E and Tetris. I never realized how dominant arcade games were back then.

>> No.1467031

>>1467015

Did you open the link to that thread?

Even if you didn't, the image is made up of 2 posts by 2 different people.

>> No.1467037

>no Mechwarrior 2
>only Mechwarrior (especially SNES)
>okay.jpg

I guess everyone was too busy with netmech to make BBS posts about it.

>> No.1467257

> I don't know why I'm bothering to waste my time listing out LOTS of reasons why the Jaguar doesn't exist, but I see that Jaguar propaganda is once AGAIN rearing its ugly head. So it is my solem duty to once AGAIN kill the Jaguar lie (Like I did with The TRUTH is the Jaguar is a FRAUD!) but this time I'm finishing the job, nailing the stake through
the heart and burning the damn lie back to where ever it came from!!! I have to hand it to Atari, Joesph Goebbels (Hitler's minister of proganda) would be PROUD of the job Atari's done! The bigger the lie the more people that will believe it, well no WONDER everyone is talking about the Jaguar!

>Ok now about something everyone seems to have over looked. Memory. NEO GEO games are 146-Mega Bits. That's for 4096 colors on screen. Fine. Jaguar, with 16.8 million colors on screen at the least,(remember 64bit graphics)will be able to produce roughly 1 or 2 still frame prictures with 16.8 million colors. WOW! Neat games!! Atari SAID "the games would be cartridge based and would bigger than the average cart around 20 Maybe 30 Mega bits, with better graphics then the NEO GEO the games are going to suck!

It's like I'm really reading /v/ copypasta.

>> No.1467323
File: 85 KB, 1647x747, 1989_console_war.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This one is in response to OP's pic.

>> No.1467340

>>1466468
He's right you know. I never knew it till I discovered the glorious Amiga and MSX master race. Even nostalgia goggles can't save the NES for me.

>> No.1467350

Guy's notes from CES '92:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.video/double$20dragon$202/rec.games.video/N4zvQY1xFp0/7wTssrMwxTMJ

>Overall it seemed very disappointing to me in
that no new technology or spectacular games were being displayed. It seemed
more like a glorified store exhibit than anything else. I believe the
honorable Mr. Hague would have been even more disappointed at the lack of
creativity for new releases and the massive amount of rehashed dreck.
Looks like we're headed for another video game glut.

---------

This dude is so jaded CES '92 sounds like E3 '13.

>> No.1467352

>>1467323
>NES Metal Gear

So it's not bullshit, I guess it was really that popular stateside. How quaint that MG is now one of the third party IPs that rarely shows up on Nintendo consoles.

>> No.1467359
File: 8 KB, 279x204, 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1467323
my sides.

>you don't want to be a square right winger
>you need to be hip and rad and GO FAST
>video games

mfw there are actually people like this

>> No.1467360

>>1467352
And not only that, but that NES MG and Snake's Revenge gets called shit a lot, despite thanks to those 2 we had MG2 and the rest of the franchise.

>> No.1467363

>>1467352
My friend had it, and I played it (in the late 90s though). It wasn't an uncommon game. It was a bad game though.

>> No.1467365

>>1467352
NES Metal Gear is no where near as bad as people make it out to be. It has flaws like fucking with the plot and environments but as far as the gameplay goes it's pretty much identical to the MSX game.

>> No.1467368

>>1467365
It has flaws; like the gameplay. It isn't fun.

>> No.1467373

I found a petition for DQ7 in the west. The situation hasn't really changed at all.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.video/FiYEpAlF1Bo

>> No.1467371

>>1467368
I am gonna be honest and say I don't like both the MSX and NES Metal Gear but it just annoys the shit out of me when people act like the NES one completely butchered everything. It's worse because it changed the final boss battle and messed with the environments but the gameplay itself is nearly identical to the MSX one.

>> No.1467378

>>1467371
Well, yeah, I agree with you there. Its the same sort of weeaboo who calls Mario 2 "doki doki panic" and acts like they are in the know because they know about Japan only titles unlike us gaijins.

But regardless, while its certainly not amongst the worst NES titles, MG just isn't a very fun game.

>> No.1467382
File: 36 KB, 1319x557, screencap2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1467384

>>1467363
Like every Nintendo Metal Gear game besides Ghost Babel. Come to think of it, recent MG games were ports (or should I say "remakes") of years old games, games that were obscenely popular years ago that many people have played and were carried by Konami's advertising juggernaut. What about Twin Snakes? MGS was already 6 years old, meaning that anyone remotely interested has already played it, and it had next to no advertising other than some blurbs in Nintendo Power. And for "marketing purposes", it was declared "non-canon" by the big cheese himself. It's no surprise that it only sold 470,000 units, on a console that barely had a quarter of the marketshare, with all these points against it. Yet this non-canon remake that skewed the original game to a deformed abomination with zero advertising is the perfect gauge to determine if Nintendo audiences will buy MG games.

Then again, Rising happened, which sold pretty well.

>> No.1467392

>>1467384
Didn't Snake Eater 3D sold also super-well too?

>> No.1467402

>>1467392
Only 280,000. Just like TTS before it, it's a port of an already old game, MGS3 was 8 years old when this came out, and MGS3 also sold a gorrillion on the PS2 and Xbox. But that's not all, this game also had to deal with the HD collection, released a year earlier, which only cost $10 more, but you got 6 other games as well. It REQUIRES the extended 3DS controller to work as intended and even then, it's far from the best portable version of MGS3. The Vita version is exponentially better, which came out in the same year. It's getting to the point where third parties will do anything within their power to ENSURE that "third party games don't sell on Nintendo hardware".

>> No.1467404

>>1467402
I never understood why, other than better versions on other platforms, third party games don't sell well on Nintendo hardware....

I played it without the extended circle pad though and did just fine. Even had fun.

Truth to be told, photo camo is over-powered as hell.

>> No.1467415

>>1467404
>I never understood why third party games don't sell well on Nintendo hardware

A variety of reasons, which I will greentext.

>Nintendo entry is a spinoff
>game plays nothing like the namesake franchise (Persona Q, Danganropa 3DS)
>requires an obscure/otherwise uncommon gimmick to be played (Chrystal Chronicles)
>minimal advertising, especially if the franchise is known for gigantic advertising campaigns for their main titles (GTA Chinatown Wars)
>game's plot is not considered to be canon (Ghost Babel)
>"exclusive" port of an already old game (Twin Snakes)
>game does not look or play well given the hardware
>sometimes an IP that doesn't even have a name, and past identity (Wonderful 101)

Not only that, but they also have to face off against Nintendo's games which, unlike their games, have effort put into them, and as of 6th gen, come out exceptionally frequently. You'd be surprised to know that some games "fail to sell" on the PS360. Bioshock Infinite, for instance, sold an exceptional 3 million, but given the game's long and expensive development life, and the previous successes of the previous Bioshock games, they had to close shop because it didn't break even.

>> No.1467418

>>1467415
There's a Danganronpa for 3DS? I thought the new spinoff was on Vita.

>> No.1467424

>>1467418
I could've sworn there was one, one that consisted ENTIRELY about the bear and was a dress-up game. Or it could've been a parody about how third party games do everything they can to avoid selling.

>> No.1467428

>>1467424
As far as I know the only DR spinoff is a TPS of sorts on Vita. I think Monokuma shows up as a DLC boss in some RPG for 3DS and Vita though.

>> No.1467431

>>1467415
Its always funny that these mediocre AAA titles have ten trillion people working on them, so a "few million" sales is a flop. Serves those faggots right.

>> No.1467442

>>1467428
I saw a post on /v/ that linked to a video of it, and it was distinctly a 3DS game. But yeah, third party games can sell well on Nintendo hardware, look at RE4. Considering it was on the GameCube, it sold 1.65 million units, and RE4 did everything right to ensure success. Advertising, a unique game, a high profile franchise, an exclusive (at one point), and a sequel. The Wii version also sold 1.95 Mil, which is also impressive, but not really considering the Wii has 5x as many units sold as the GameCube. The PS2 version outsold the GameCube version, but considering the PS2 outsold the GameCube 7 times, it was a negligible difference; there was a bigger attach rate on the GC.

Also, Chinatown Wars, despite having so many points against it's chances, sold the best on the DS.

>> No.1467453

>>1467428
>I think Monokuma shows up as a DLC boss in some RPG for 3DS and Vita though.

Conception II, I believe. I've got it preordered.

>>1467442
>But yeah, third party games can sell well on Nintendo hardware, look at RE4.

Even long before that, look the FF games.

>Chinatown Wars

Game was so fucking good, holy shit.

>> No.1467457
File: 50 KB, 600x600, 00a10cb8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1466997

That's a nice review and a nice find anon.
People often say "mother 1 is too dated!", but see how people back then reacted to it, it was actually impressive, graphically, and the audio too.
I'm jelly to know a white guy got to watch his jap gf play Mother 1 in 1990.

>> No.1467465

>>1467453
Chinatown Wars didn't sell spectacularly well on the DS, but it certainly outsold the PSP version. To it's benefit, the PSP version is also the worst selling GTA game on said console, so it's very likely that a proper GTA game would sell well.

Damn, I feel so bad for most of my inputs not being /vr/, but /v/ wouldn't care enough, or call any sort of dissent towards MG/Kojima "le tricky truck fish face :^)" and be the only response I get.