[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 26 KB, 292x290, bob-hoskins-mario.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1419770 No.1419770 [Reply] [Original]

Well, here's the gist, I got a SNES classic control knock-off thing... It works wonders, surprisingly enough, but sadly, it won't work well on homebrew channel (namely, it won't read the D-Pad, but reads the rest of the buttons...)

Of course, I'd love to use this controller on SNES 9x GX, so I was wondering, is there any way to swap the plug/wire of this controller, with the cable/plug of an old GameCube Controller I have here collecting dust (the sticks broke down long ago). I'd appreciate a guide with pictures if possible, since I've never done this kinda thing, and I can't find the Classic Linker where I live...

Thanks.

Pic unrelated.

>> No.1419787

it would be incredibly difficult but not out of the realm of possibility. if the gc circuit board fits inside the snes controller case then it's just a matter of soldering the snes buttons to the gc board. most controllers have the switches soldered directly to the board with a rubber piece and button used to depress it. you'll have to think up a work around. there's also the off chance they're wired similarly and you can just splice the wires together. just be creative and do research

>> No.1419852

>>1419787
Well, I opened a few hours ago my the TTX Tech SNES controller to adjust the rubbers, since they were quite off-spot...

I saw the wiring inside having a multi-colored cables, I remember the GCN controller having something similar.

>> No.1420452

>>1419770
>swap the plug/wire
No. The signal that goes over that plug/wire is totally different and incompatible. However if you have a working plug+wire+chip you can probably do a swap. I do this all the time to convert/add USB to controllers.

>>1419852
All wired controllers have wires inside them. Surprise. And they're usually multi-colored.