[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 62 KB, 1024x768, Perfect_dark_cover_art.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1401120 No.1401120[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

ITT: multiplayer memories

I spent an ungodly amount of time playing Perfect Dark with friends while growing up. We would fuck around with the bot settings to always keep things interesting. One of my favorites was setting up the game with me and my friend versus a full bot team and making the bots all unarmed. we would camp out in different areas of the maps and try to hold out against the swarm of bots. it was our own version of a zombie apocalypse tower defense. once the bots broke through, you'd get the shit slapped out of you until you died. good times.

>> No.1401132

>>1401120
>zombie bot apocalypse
I did the exact same thing. Setting them to Dark difficulty was one of the most terrifying things I've experienced.

>> No.1401171

Enjoyed it but can't relate much with

>>1401120
>I spent an ungodly amount of time playing Perfect Dark with friends while growing up

since although I wasn't completely friendless, I don't think I knew very many people who were also into it. Also, I remember some friends who liked Goldeneye but who were too "casual" for Perfect Dark, what with its bots, m-pills, vision impairment, wall-penetrating sniper rifles, and secondary functions. A shame, since it seemed like the multiplayer would be insanely fun with a dedicated group of friends.

>> No.1401415

>>1401132
I just set up a laptop gun turret and hoped for the best

>> No.1401428

>Go over to friend' place
>He just found his N64 at his grandpa's
>Hook it up, pop Perfect Dark in
>Quickly realize his joysticks are fucked up from Mario Party
>Match against 1 dark bot
>That absolute feeling of fear when you know he's going to walk through the door and you can't turn fast enough

>> No.1401468

>>1401120
I just bought Perfect Dark in December, and I was amazed at how much of a difference it made for people to go at it with one on auto-aim and one without auto-aim. I guess it also hurt me that the guy I was against had played the game a lot when it was new. Nevertheless I continue down the road of no-auto in hopes of becoming better.

>> No.1401472

>>1401120
And I know it isn't retro, but my big multiplayer game was Smash Bros Melee. It was the first thing I had where many others I knew were into it, and we played the hell out of that game.

As for retro, I actually liked playing Nintendo multiplayer games alone with CPUs (Mario Party for example) more than playing single-player games. This made me not very fun person to go against in the various Mario sidegames on the N64. Mario Tennis remains a personal favorite.

>> No.1403558

>>1401120

Dude, my friends and I invented the same exact set up. A bunch of Perfect FistSims versus the three or four of us. It was pretty fucking challenging. We usually do it in Facility and camp in one of the rooms

I've been playing PD since it came out, and I the XBLA version now with a ridiculous amount of hours logged

>> No.1403825

>set entire team of meatsims on my team
>jump off a chasm, as i jump set "hold this position" in the sim commands
>spend hours watching them leap to their deaths

>> No.1403859

me and my friends could never beat challenge 29 without the hole trick =/