[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 436 KB, 1437x850, 1379765513027.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1394290 No.1394290 [Reply] [Original]

Last thread was pritty bau5 but i guess the jews removed it, because the jews. Anyways ITT Sando did your mom harder than he did erathia. Discuss.

>> No.1394319
File: 17 KB, 188x414, fp_potter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1394290
The Man can't keep HoMM III general down!

>> No.1394658
File: 518 KB, 800x600, oh my god how did this get here i am not good with computer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw win thanks to AI's quirkyness

>> No.1394858
File: 381 KB, 800x600, gee, i wonder who is behind this marketplace.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1394290
jews you say?
>based slavic mapmaker sets all marketplace owners as jews

>> No.1395216

Favorite single player WoG maps? Thumbs up if it comes with its own WoG settings.

>> No.1395239

>>1394658
>implyign the ai actualy stands for artificial intelligence

>>1394858
i asked you last time, seriously whats the map/mod

>>1395216
Cave of Gerfex obviously

>> No.1395296

>>1395239
Here
http://www.maps4heroes.com/forum/opinions.php?game=3&map_id=978

>> No.1395306

>>1395296
Speaking of which, what website would you recommend when looking for HoM&M3/WoG maps? The ones I've come across are really old. We're talking database from 2002 here. Also I've randomly came across mapmakers saying they've released a v1.2 of a map I've downloaded from one of these sites so I had to search for that to be up to date. Looking for any updates in particular is just a major pain in the ass.

>> No.1395362

>>1395306
Go here http://heroescommunity.com/forumdisplay.php3?FID=12

>> No.1395562

inferno guy here.

Thanks for the advices. I am in 4 month (impossible settings) of HD vanilla random map. I won already, 35 arch devils, 15 angels (clusterfuck of external dwellings) omw to hill fort. that pseudo necromancy works amazingly well. when the horned demons join in the battle they dealfuckton of dmg. ¨

Also it was all about taking mercury bonus at start and rush efreeti in first week (But I have to say there were loads of free gold and even important resources)

I also developed tactics of carying demonable creep on my shadow hero (collecting shit while main focuses on constant rape) and giving it to main before fight to come from any fight with at very least with one additional demon.

but imps are best for it, I can accumulat them fast and because AI is determined to kill them off first, I just send them forward (expert tactics) and after they are slain and raised as demons I say: OK, now you can all die, thank you for cooperation.

>> No.1395710

Are there any maps with a massive amount of monsters to kill? No time limit, few other players, just a lot of strong monsters?

>> No.1396217

>>1395306
maps4heroes.com

is pritty good and updated for a game this old, i never knew how popular this game was in China

>>1395562
get dipomacy too for extra sacraficable stacks, that would be soo rapey, with wog and the ability to put monsters on the map you could farm sooo easy...

>>1395710
Whats wrong with playing a random map with low number of players and the monsters set to strong?

>> No.1396507

>>1396217
yeah I was thinking about diplomacy, with all those imps around on the map, I would get shitzillion demons.

great thing is, that I finally see infernos place and how it can wreck shit. It is even better than necromancy because rest of its units are pretty useful. unlike necroposhit. and with grail build... let the demons flow....

Finally After years I see that all castles are sobalanced, that I can win impossible L map with random faction.

only remaining game breaker remains sandros raincoat when it rains liches

>> No.1397487

>>1396217
>i never knew how popular this game was in China

Speaking of, did anyone try playing this one? http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=33459

>> No.1397535

>>1395562
Guy who suggested you in the previous thread here. No problem man.
As you can see the poor man's necromancy isn't poor at all. If done properly, it can even match (or be better cause of speed and resistance) the swarms of skeletons.
Also, the rush efreeti strategy is actually easy to pull off even in low resources maps (unless you literally have only wood and ore, but even on impossible and on small maps it's easy to gather the required stuff).
Finally, yes, the imps are best for sacrifice. Either because they are plentiful, cheap and weak as fuck. An excellent combo would arise with diplomacy, but you can't rely on you getting lucky, so yeah, pick it as a bonus if it ever appears.

>> No.1397537

>>1396507
how does it work anyways?

>>1397487
looks scary

>> No.1397542

>>1396507
Exactly, every faction has a chance to victory in every map (of course, certain factions do better in large maps, others in small etc).
The guys who said that heroes 3 is unbalanced are probably biased by the fact that the most played maps are the huge ones, so that necro (for example) can gather zounds of skeletons.

And the cloak of infinite liches, while insanely powerful, is actually very hard to assemble; necro doesn't have an artifact merchant after all.

Infact, 99% of the so called "gamebreakers" in Heroes 3 actually require as much effort as to win without them. It's like they are alternate conditions to victory (more fun of course, but harder to accomplish, unless the map literally hand the artifacts to you)

>> No.1397839

>>1396507
Necropolis has terrible tier 2 and 3, but the others are either good or excellent. Liches and ghost dragons have good specials and stats (Liches overall, while ghost dragons have speed and huge damage range). Dread Knights (are they called so?) are an excellent tier 6, the chance at curse and, above all, FUCKING DOUBLE DAMAGE, plus their great resistance and base damage, makes them a great tier 6, and with luck, they can compete with tier 7 in terms of damage and utility.
Vampire lords are insane, and i guess you know why. gather 100 of them or more, and enjoy almost never having losses with them.

>> No.1399639
File: 437 KB, 400x256, 1386497883133.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw i spawn on a large map against necropolis

i wish this thread was as popular as the last one

>> No.1399763

>>1397839
My major issue with Necropolis is capturing castles. If the opponent is adamant about staying in his castle and you're not packing ballistics, you're fucked. You're left to rely on Ghost Dragons, Vampire Lords and Wraiths.

Vampire Lords lose their major advantage without much in terms of backup. Vampire Lords are so strong because they demand to be focused at some point, usually early in the battle while the enemy forces are strong enough to take them down. This allows your troops to swoop in and do some real damage, specifically Skeletons, Dread Knights and Ghost Dragons. In a siege without ballistics, you have access to one of these.

Wraiths are shit and won't do you proud over those castle walls.

Ghost Dragons are okay, but they can't carry a siege, in my experience. They lack a breath attack like their Rampart/Dungeon counterparts. They also feel very brittle. Before backup arrives through the walls, you will have lost most of your Vampire Lords (which is losing their main strength, since they grow exponentially better the more you have) or lost your tier-7 units entirely.

Alternatively, you wait and lose ~10 skeletons per turn until you breach their defenses, plus whatever they can shoot/cast at from the comfort of their castle.

I hate sieging as Necropolis. The rest of their game is fun, but sieging is dreadful.

>> No.1399775

>>1399763
If your opponent stays in one of his castle just get some Black Dragons, Gold Dragons. Titans and Phoenixes.

>> No.1399785

>>1399763
>>1399775
Better yet, just contain him in his sole town, take everything possible and maximize your Skeleton count until they reach critical mass and nothing can help him

no matter what, the moment the month of plague shows up he's fucked

>> No.1400183

>>1399763
>Alternatively, you wait and lose ~10 skeletons per turn until you breach their defenses
It's a good thing you have twenty thousand of those.

>> No.1401612

After some vicious impossible games on L maps, I came (all over the keyboared, but thats another story) into conclusion, that decisive battle with AI often comes pretty early and determines whether you win or lose. AI can maybe eventually raise another strong hero that can be beaten only with your main, but it is just dying slowly...

>> No.1401626

>Thinking of replaying the campaigns
>Remember Steadwick's Fall
Why does this mission have to be so much harder than all other?

>> No.1402089

>>1401612
The whole game is based on having 1 really strong hero. If that hero is defeated at any point of the game it almost means a loss for the player.

>> No.1402140
File: 612 KB, 390x278, h3.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw I played as Fortress and it was a fun game

>> No.1402145
File: 2 KB, 58x64, zydar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1402140
Fortress is baby tier.

>mfw randoming inferno

>> No.1402165

>>1402145
It was 8 player all random, so I dont have a clue what im ending up with.
It was my firs time playing this game in like 10 years.
I always heard that Fortress was the shittiest castle in h3

>> No.1402164

>>1401626
you know, its funny how you will find that it is actually pretty easy. It is very important to take all primary stats buildings on all maps with your main hero. Then numbers wont matter that much. Also git gud, play your units to their strengths and exploit enemys weaknesses

>> No.1402272

>>1401626

I just stacked a hero with magic earlier in the campaign and dimension doored to steadwick right past the garrisons and general Kendal. Was easy as fuck

>> No.1402753

>>1399763
You could Teleport you skellies into the keep along with your dragons and vamps, then follow up with knight on round 2.

Or you could Berserk the enemy's dudes, since they're already clumped together.

Or use Earthquake.

These kinds of problems are just puzzles, and spells are the tools you need to solve them.

>> No.1403626

>>1402165
>tfw fortress is favorite
Thank you, Heroes Chronicles. Thank you.

>> No.1403795

>>1402165
Nah Fortress is good
Thing is that a lot of people on the internet make those tier lists based on things that don't work to their "but I win 200% games with it so it must be the best" playstyle
If you want level 5 magic and good magic heroes Fortress is awful, but it has some of the best heroes (pretty much all the beastmasters are great main hero material, and Tazar is a top tier hero) and some pretty strong units (Flies are fast, Wyverns you can get early and they're plentiful thanks to Dragonfly Hives, Hydras are pretty strong too, and there's of course the Mighty Gorgon who wrecks level 7 units).

The worst town would probably be Inferno, and even then you can do a lot with them, it just takes way more work than cookie-cutting with Castle.

>> No.1403815

>>1402089

And that's why surrendering is important.

>> No.1403830

>>1403795
I dunno about beastmasters but I used Witch class heroes and it was good and all.
Yes, Gorgons were pretty awesome, especially with Haste(?)
I was playing my local version I dunno what this speed spell is called in English.

>> No.1403838

Origianl Might and Magic 3 was a mother fucker to beat without cheating or game guids

>> No.1403852

>>1403830
Haste is the name
also Witches are among the weaker mages mostly because they don't progress much in Spell Power and pretty much no one has a good specialty.
Run with Beastmasters next time, Fortress is a might town.

>> No.1404321
File: 1.81 MB, 248x237, 1391922248440.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1401626
but annon thats pritty easy, heres what happened both times i played the map

>about month two i reach Steadwick with my main hero and the supports. Start of the week general guy goes out to the nearby windmill, has to sleep outside the castle. Me and my goons rush the castle that is either lightly defended or completely empty.
>tfw generals army could totaly wrek me but i got the town i win
>tfw you incounter him later in the campaign as a prisoner

>>1402140
where is that gif from?

>>1403815
oyy veeyyy yes goyim gib shekels for AI, remember we are PC's chosen!

>>1403830
huh witches are pritty bad, they all have wisdom which is a waste for a town where the third spell level is the limit. Most of their specializations are shit too except for Styg (sorcery) and Voy if you're playing on a really watery map (navigation)

They also tend to leran bad skills like eagle eye, intelligence, mysticism and scholar.

>> No.1404332

>>1404321
>sorcery specialization good
>intelligence bad
Learn2play

>> No.1404348

>>1404321
>where is that gif from?
My country main chan, made by me
>They also tend to leran bad skills like eagle eye, intelligence, mysticism and scholar.
huh? What's so bad in intelligence?

>> No.1404387

>>1404332
>>1404348

Not him, but intelligence is only really good if you're spamming out high level spells, dimension doors, town portals, meteor swarm etc.

If you're basing your magical game around mass 1st level spells, you rarely need more than 10-20 per combat, and even then, not always. Plus, you know, resting at towns.

For a town that doesn't get more than third level spells, and often has no need to build past the level 1 mage guild, having tons and tons of magic points is something of a waste. Especially if it's costing you a skill slot.

>> No.1405907

>>1404332
>>1404348

exactly what >>1404348 said

Intelligence is pritty shitty for a powerful hero since unless you're going full dumbledore you'll never need more then 50-60 spellpoints per battle so the 200% mana bonus could be easily spent to better use such as learning a magic school

esp for the limited Fotress its britty bad

sorcery is kidna bad but itskinda ok if you go for really strong mages and use powerful damage spells or you're playing with Sandro because we all love Sandro and if you disagree you are a flithy casual that must die

>> No.1406373

>>1405907
Unless you are playing as dungeon intelligence is far better than sorcery.
It allows you to spam world map spells and spells in npc combat which can be proven much more useful than bonus damage as you rarely rely on spells to deal damage.
But just like any other thing in h3 it really depends on the situation.

>> No.1408247
File: 116 KB, 804x274, 1388231498198.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think a balance of early army and economy is the least risky approach.
What do you guys think?

>> No.1408792

>>1408247
I try and focus more on building my town and managing my economy first, while building a half decent army. One game I tried alternating between focusing resources and time on economy on the odd weeks, and army on the even weeks.

>> No.1409102

>>1402089
Well I think it depends on when it happens. Obviously if you get into late-game where you have dozens of of Tier 7 creatures, then yea, you're boned.

But earlier than that you just have to try some hit and run guerilla tactics - things like 1st turn Chain Lightning > Retreat can be pretty devastating if repeated, or taking secondary castles and trying to split the opponent's forces. It's still uphill but it's doable.

>> No.1410234

>>1408247
That image is strangely accurate.
The early army is usually prefered because, if done properly, it allows you to conquer enemy cities very soon, compensating at the same time for the not-so-developed economy.
However, it IS kinda risky, above all against human players (even though it's better if you put pressure rather than being pressured), but also against the AI.

The early economy gives you a disadvantage at first, since you'll have less total troops (which is very bad), but once it gets kicking, you'll be able to recruit more than your opponent, and then rush with a full army while your enemy still hasn't got money to recruit all his unlocked tiers.

Personally? I prefer to unlock my best town tiers asap (grand elves for rampart, up to medusas for dungeon etc), then focusing on the 2000g per day hall. Finally, focusing on the other tiers OR the fort.

>> No.1410242

>>1410234
>However, it IS kinda risky, above all against human players (even though it's better if you put pressure rather than being pressured), but also against the AI.

Except going early economy makes it so that if you go Capitol and the enemy goes units then you're going to get roflstomped against anyone who has an idea how to fight the map and gain his economy from the buildings on the map

You don't need to recruit ALL troops, just the useful ones, to reap the benefits of crypts, mines and others.

>> No.1410490

What is the least shitty random map template for 8player XL maps (without underground)?

I'm already sick with
-deadlocked players (no way out from your starting zone, except fly or dimension door)
-bottom lel tier teleporter placements
-large bunch of unused territory, filled with forest and rocks, taking up more than 20% of the whole map

>> No.1411874

>>1410490
Ring. Everyone gets a way out.
But just install the mod that lets you play XXL (252x252) random maps. Max default size (XL) is only 144x144.

>> No.1412040

>>1411874
>XXL (252x252) random maps
I'm gonna need a name or link, I can't find anything that works.

>> No.1412045

What are some good 'adventure' maps? By that I mean XL size, few to none computer players, huge monster stacks, scripted events etc.

>> No.1412107

>>1412045
There's a huge mappack on pirate bay, it weighs around 125 mb. It has lots of good adventure maps.

>> No.1412229

>>1412045
Unleashing the bloodthirsty is really good. There are a lot of computer players but their behavior is sort of scripted and they can be treated as individual events for the most part

>> No.1414234

re-posting kb shortcuts from last thread

e - end turn
Enter - "tick" button (exit town, etc)
w - wait in battle
d - defend in battle, dig in adventure map
space - activate object when you are already standing on it
arrow keys, numpad 4,8,6,2 - move hero
numpad 7-9-1-3 - in 45-135-225-325 degs
tab - activate chat (used to type in cheat codes too)
You can move on objects to pick them up/activate them. Also you can schedule actions, like after you selected something to be built in your town, you can enter-e while the animation is going to exit the town, then later end your turn

Other useful stuff:
-right click on the status bar in ERA/WoG: allows you to revoke your ownership on mines/towns/etc. Good for passing them to friendly players, for example that retarded CPU ally who lost his last town.
-right click on warlords banner in a troop's info screen: set warlord banner bonus.
-left click on w.b.: give it back to the hero

>> No.1414575

>>1414568
looking for some people to play Heroes 3 with..

>> No.1414779

>>1414575
If you want to play you should decide at least a few days before on a date and time.
I guess most of us would be okay with something like 19:00 CET.

>> No.1416627

>>1412229
>Unleashing the bloodthirsty
I'll give that a whirl.

>> No.1416770

>2014
>not playing as Castle with Rion as your main hero

Bitches don't know the power of the bald.

>> No.1416837

>>1414575

yeah I'll play. There was a guy that made a thread yesterday wanting to play with people but he got bored and left. What time you thinkin?

>> No.1418312

OP here, glad to see the thread still lives

>>1416770
>5% per level bonus to first aid skill

>rion
>good

pick one faggit

>> No.1418571

>>1418312
Okay, fine. I just like 'em cause he's got a badass portrait.

>> No.1418576

>>1416770
>Rion
I'm sure you meant to say Adela or Loynis.

>> No.1418631

>not playing as stronghold

>> No.1418671

>>1418631

One of the things I like about the stronghold, which a lot of people overlook, is that a lot of their units have the same speed. This means that when you get to move a lot of your units without your opponent being able to intervene, and hopefully knock a critical stack or two out.

I don't think they're the strongest faction in a "usual" map, that would probably either go to the Castle or the Rampart, they're my favorite, and possibly the town I'm best at.

>> No.1419660

>>1418631
>>1418671

Mah niggas. Stronghold is definitely my favorite. I choose Dessa first because I like the logistics bonus.

>> No.1419668

>>1419660

I should add that this depends on the map. Otherwise I go with Gird for that Sorcery bonus.

>> No.1419861
File: 147 KB, 250x332, taz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1418631
>playing as stronghold

>> No.1420073

>>1419861

>playing as fortress.

You love taking Castle and Rampart dicks up your butt, huh

>> No.1420104

>>1420073
>>1419861
>Not playing as Tower

Why do you hate fun?

>> No.1420161

>>1420104

When I was a kid the gargoyles always freaked me out.. Never liked traveling to Free Haven at a low level in MM6 either.

>> No.1420541

What would be the best hero to pick for Rampart?

>> No.1420603

>>1420541
maybe Kyrre, her logistics bonus will help you get early pickups easier

>> No.1420637
File: 2 KB, 58x64, straker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1420541
I usually go for Elleshar, if you want a magic one. otherwise, Kyrre.

also, its really fucking strange how good Straker is.

>> No.1420749

>>1420541
Sir Mullich is the best hero for all factions.

>> No.1420757

heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Necromancy

>If you don't have Skeletons or an empty army slot, but do have Skeleton warriors, you will get skeleton warriors, but only 2/3 of normal numbers

>> No.1420768

>>1420637
>Straker
>good
how.jpg

>> No.1420779
File: 149 KB, 800x600, tazar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1420073
>Implying they can get past my defence.

>> No.1420783

>>1420768

Guaranteed haste and boosts T2 unit. That's hardly bad even if there are better heroes such as the necromancy spec ones that are just broken.

>> No.1420785

>>1420779
>>1420779

>implying you'll get through 500 000 health before your griffin dies

>> No.1420786

>>1420757
That's why i never upgrade them until the supposed final battle is about to begin.

>> No.1420789

>>1420783
But there's Cyra that is 10 times better.
Guaranteed haste, EMPOWERED HASTE passive, diplomacy, not a shitty T2 buff...
And there are without a dobut other heroes that start with haste too (if i remember correctly)
Nha, straker remains bad. Not terrible like eagle eye heroes, but still bad.

>> No.1420790

>>1420757
One thing i always wondered: does the same apply for Power Liches? (cloak of the undead)
If i have base Liches, will i get more of them?

>> No.1420883

So when playing with armorer/offense spec should one prioritize the skill and max it out ASAP or should you let the leveling add to your total skill bonus while you pick up new skills.

>> No.1421028

>>1420541
It's Ryland by a landslide, with Kyrre on second and Ivor and Mephala sharing third place.

>> No.1421064

>>1420883

Leveling it up quickly is a good idea unless must haves come up. Like if logistics comes up on level 2 you pick logistics. Its even worse if you start with advanced and nothing else because picking expert will just force you to pick between two random basic skills.

The skill bonus is a bit annoying to calculate in your head but you get a 50% bonus at level 10 and 100% at level 20. So at level 10 basic offense gives you 15% melee bonus, advanced gives 30% and expert gives 45%.

I would say that the real benefit from the skill speciality is found in the expert level where you reach otherwise impossible heights.

>> No.1421117

>>1420104

Enjoy being the only town that can't do a full week's recruitment with the 28,000 gold you get a week from a capital!

And seriously, the Tower's units, aside from the Titans which are awesome, are all average at best. They have a great little shooty thing going, but I find that going in and mixing it up works better.

>>1420541

Kyrre, Mephala, and Ryland (his dendroid bonus means dendroid soldiers move 5 and don't slow you down) are all real good.

In general, the rangers are better than the druids.

>>1420785

That's why you're supposed to do it with a wight or a wraith.

>> No.1421198

>>1421117
>Ryland (his dendroid bonus means dendroid soldiers move 5 and don't slow you down)
Plus he starts with Diplo.
Also, you forgot Ivor -starts with extra elves, starts with offence and archery, +1 speed to elves.

>> No.1421423

>>1418631
>>1419861
>>1420073
>>1420104

>not playing all races inorder to fully enjoy the game and add variety. Yes even the Inferno.

>>1419668
>Battlemges
>sorcery

srsly?

>>1420541
Clancy (good unit speciality, was a main character in the campaigns, good starting skills)
Mephela (armorer)
Kyrre the transvestite (sanic speed)
Ryland (diplomacy at start and good unit spec)
>tfw there are no good druids

>>1420637
is this bait?

>>1420749
My person of african decent.

>>1420757
>not knowing this by heart

>>1420783
walking dead / zombies are expensive as fuck and pritty inafficient

2 skeletons > 1 walking dead

>>1420883
try not leveling them up before you fill all your slots so there is a smaller chance you get forced to pick between first aid and scouting

>>1421117
Titans are epic, Nagas are awesome, MGs are t1 shooters, rest are...meh

>>1421198
>>1421028

Ivor is britty bad because grand elves usuly die the first or seccond (after pegasi) so his specialization gets wasted. Getting him in a town with more than one shooter can make him decent even good like Orin

>> No.1421486

Any Heroes 2 fans here?

>> No.1422640

>>1421028
Ivor is my bro. Grand Elves just straight up kill bitches. But still, Tower holds my heart.

Especially, Thane.

>> No.1422807

Inferno (4rd level spell) costs 16mp and does power x 10 + 20/40/80 damage depending on fire magic skill level.
Fireball (3th level spell) costs 15mp and does power x 10 + 15/30/60 damage.

And now meteor shower (4th level spell) costs 16mp and does power x 25 + 25/50/100 damage.

Why is it so unbalanced. Is there a mod to fix this?

>> No.1422909

>>1421486
Yeah but its pritty unbalanced. Heroes 3 is the masterpice.

>>1422640
>hasnt played the gem campaign

>>1422807
>picking fire magic over earth

>:^)

>> No.1422950

>>1420768
for me, he's always great. He starts with resistance and haste, and his specialty makes zombies actually very useful.

>> No.1422953

>>1421486
Wizard masterrace

>> No.1422954

>>1421486
Why did they make all Warlock units so fucking expensive there?
3 Gargoyles (the second weakest Warlock unit) cost the same money as one Paladin (the strongest Knight unit).

>> No.1422957

>>1422954
but Paladin is shit. It looks cool, but its really only somewhat good against Necromancer.

>> No.1423386

Which hero has the best creature speciality. I mean I've almost.completely ignored these heroes because thought the bonus was entirely +att/def but apparently you also get +1 speed which seems very powerful.

I mean is the att/def bonus large enough to make early tier specialties more powerful or does the speed make say death knights far more powerful. And how does it affect your short and long term play? Is there even any proper low level effects for say skeletons beyond speed?

>> No.1423614
File: 4 KB, 58x64, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Elijah Wood?

>> No.1423695

>>1423386
Try playing a game with Galthran as your main hero and see for yourself.

>> No.1423765

>>1423386
Low tier creature specialists can be good if the creature in question is important for creeping or a main part of your army (like skeletons or elves). The creature bonuses and the additional creatures you receive make your army better on the short term and this means you'll be able to develop faster and it snowballs from here. All high tier creature specialists are useless for the most part

>> No.1424703

>>1423386
Low tier specialities are pretty good. Specifically useful for creatures that need a little bit more power. My two favourites are vampire and skeleton specialities. The former makes creeping with vampire lords early game even easier.

>> No.1424715

>>1421423

>Titans are epic, Nagas are awesome, MGs are t1 shooters, rest are...meh

Titans are indeed epic, but the Nagas? Really think they're better than the dread knights, Cavaliers, or the Efreet Sultans?

Plus, they don't mesh well with the rest of the lineup. For a t6, they don't hit very hard, they're a bit slow, and their ability makes sure they don't get hit back. But you WANT someone like that (faster than your golems) to take the retaliation, and your shooter heavy army needs walkers with more offense and less defense. This isn't Homm5, where blocking off sections of the battlefield is a viable plan.

And the mages are mediocre.

>>1423386

Personally, I like Ryland. Anyone else where +1 speed can actually affect the overland speed of your army is worth looking at.

And the skeleton guys fro the necro, because skeleton legions.

>> No.1424756

>>1424715
Nagas not hitting very hard ? they have the highest damage output of lv6 units. They do more damage than dread knights on average without factoring in their double damage ability. Also, you don't really need to take the retaliation with a high tier unit in tower armies since most of your army is shooters + high hp or expendable stuff.

>> No.1425489

>>1423386
Bron, Ivor and Galthran.
Their extra starting units help a fuckton, especially on 200%. All three also belong to a strong class and have strong starting skills.
For Ivor and Galthran, the extra speed is also extra helpful; skeletons goes without saying, they need all the speed they can get, but the elves benefit a lot too: if you leave the dwarves and dendroids at home, the elves will be your slowest unit -and at speed 7 they're also tied with zealots/evil eyes/arch magi/power liches, so that +1 speed acts as a tie-breaker, putting the grand elves on par with cyclops kings and second only to titans.

Now, the way the creature speciality works (as far as I remember) other than the +speed and extra creatures is: when you your hero's level=creature level you get an extra % bonus to the creatures base stats, that's calculated as follows: ((hero level - creature level)*5)/creature level. Although it's always at least a +1 bonus.

So as you can probably tell, the bonus is a bit more significant on lower level troops, and a level 20 galthran gives his skeletons +5 attack and +4 defence, whereas tamika would be giving her dread knights +2 attack/defence. But yeah, the actual stat-bonus is pretty bullshit, and the thing that really makes it worthwhile is the + to speed and starting-troops.

>> No.1425534

>>1424756

If we look at the upgraded creatures.

Naga queens have a 16 attack and a 30 damage.

Champions have 16 attack, only 20-25 damage, but get an extra 5% per hex traveled. If they move their max of 9, which they should hit for an average of 32.625 against someone with an equal defense.

Efreet sultans only hit on average for 20, but you have all the fun of the fireshield, and with the 13 speed and the flying,, you have a much greater chance of hitting a soft target.

ehh, Wyverns, Manticores, and Cyclopses all suck, and I refuse to admit the Conflux exists, so that leaves the Unicorns, who don't hit nearly as hard but have a 20% chance of blind, and the dread knights, whom you've already noted.

Don't get me wrong, the Nagas are really good, but I don't think they're great, and I don't think they mmesh well with the reset of the Tower lineup. If I could somehow swap them out for the Champions, or even the Efreet Sultans, I'd do it in a minute. (Maybe I'm just nuts though)

>> No.1425613

>>1425534
>I refuse to admit Conflux exists

What are you? Anti-fun?

>> No.1425620

So what are some good high tier buff spells? Obviously things like haste, slow, blind, etc are easily some.of the most effective spells in the game but do you ever use something like frenzy or do you just go straight to the damage spells instead?

>> No.1425625

>>1423614

>Kyrre served as a scout during the initial defense of AvLee from the Kreegan attacks. Her ability to navigate difficult terrain allowed her to excel in her duties.

>> No.1425629

>>1425613
>>1425613

They're just so boring dude. No real monsters... Just elemental things and the town looks like it's fucking islamic. I haven't been able to jerk off to the pixies since I was like 13. Every time I come across a conflux town, I turn 360 degrees and ride my horse away.

>> No.1425642

>>1425620

Well, if you have expert water, Prayer can be ridiculous.

Can't ever remember using Frenzy, no. Curse can be decent, as an anti-buff, and of course there's beserk, which is oodles of fun.

I think the buff I use the most that doesn't see much love is counterstrike. I admit, it was a fluke , but one game, I was fortress, and I got a Hydra stack into the enemy's castle. Cast Counterstrike, and then beserk when his guys were poised not to attack each other, but to attack the Hydras.

Lost all 30ish of them, but I wiped out like 70% of his main army with the mass retaliations.

>> No.1425654

>>1425613

I prefer to think of it as pro-balance.

>> No.1425661

>>1425654
Okay, so they break the balance over their knee and laugh maniacally as it flays around the ground unable to stand do to being paralyzed but...

...Sometimes you just wanna roll over everything.

>> No.1425842

>>1425534
Champions need to use their full move every turn to match the sort of damage the nagas can do without any special condition. They also suffer retaliation no matter what. Their only advantage is their superior move really, nagas beat them in every other department. Sultans are also good, but they are not really the same kind of creature. I do agree that they are much scarier and more annoying to fight in a neutral monster group.

I personally see the nagas as a top tier level 6 unit, they are not superior to every other unit in every category of course but they have more strong points than weaknesses

>> No.1426115

>>1394290
Does anybody have the "I will go recruit now all skeletons" picture

I've been looking forever and google searches yield nothing

>> No.1426158
File: 129 KB, 400x304, iwillgorecruitnowallskeletons.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1426115

>> No.1427517
File: 30 KB, 514x352, 1379421999534.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1425629
>I haven't been able to jerk off to the pixies since I was like 13.

>> No.1427690

>>1425629
>I haven't been able to jerk off to the pixies since I was like 13
Yes, this is a serious piece of criticism when you're looking at factions of a game.

>> No.1427691

>>1425642
>I think the buff I use the most that doesn't see much love is counterstrike. I admit, it was a fluke , but one game, I was fortress, and I got a Hydra stack into the enemy's castle. Cast Counterstrike, and then beserk when his guys were poised not to attack each other, but to attack the Hydras.
That's a pretty cool way of using Counterstrike, but that's one specific situation for it to be useful. I can understand Counterstrike not getting much love. Plus, appearantly you had mass berserk. Couldn't you just let your enemy's forces kill each other without sending in your Hydras?

>> No.1428190

>>1425625
in heroes 4 Kyrre is a MALE archer

>> No.1428394 [SPOILER] 
File: 250 KB, 1024x576, 1393274206414.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1428190
Wait, they released Heroes 4?
I thought it went 3 to 5.
Or do you mean that piece of shit game.
No, you can't be serious, that isn't a part of this series.

Also, is Heroes 5 discussion also welcome here?

>> No.1428803
File: 464 KB, 577x577, Erathian is HOMM for retard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh shit, these threads are alive again? I've not been here in 6 months now or however long it was since they died out last time.

>> No.1428979
File: 92 KB, 500x368, fucking skeletons.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1428803
>6 months
So, like, two threads ago.

>> No.1429338

>>1428394
I'll talk about it.

Academy are pretty cool guys

>> No.1429640

>>1429338
I've recently played 3 player ffa as Sylvan with friends
Game took so much time I actually got to the ultimate ability that makes all my attacks as lucky strike. Combine elven archers with their double shot that puts people back in their turns, haste, divine strength and righteous might with all lucky attacks. My dick was obsidian hard at that game.

>> No.1430164
File: 84 KB, 298x313, Harpy Hags.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Which unit would you consider your favorite?

Mine would definitely be Harpy Hags. I mean, they have hit-and-run with no retaliation, are relatively cheap and look very sexy

>> No.1430317

>>1430164
I always liked Grand Elves. Master Genies are awesome too.

>> No.1430329

>>1427691

I admit, that was more of a "situational cool" thing.

The main way to use counterstrike is when you have a flyer stack run over to jam their shooters, and you know the enemy is going to pile everyone on that guy. Extra retaliations can be very useful there, especially if it's a stack of VLs.

And what made the "Force everyone to hit the hydras" thing work, is that, if I force 5 units to hit each other with beserk, they hit, they retaliate, they hurt each other. If I force a bunch of guys to hit the hydras, after each shot, everyone gets hit by his retaliation, and the damage just racks on up.

>>1430164

Black dragons. Pure pwning coolness.

And now for a feel.
>Tfw re-installed game
>tfw want to play foolhardy waywardness for some reason.
>tfw don't want to play through the entirety of armageddon's blade again, but also don't want to use some cheat file.

>> No.1430365

>>1430164
Harpy hags were always too brittle for me, probably either minotaur lords or the upgraded Medusa I forget the name of.

>> No.1430382

>>1430365
Medusa Queens are pretty weak, unless you've got a shitton of them.

>> No.1430398

>>1430382
then again, that pretty much goes for every unit in the game, doesn't it?

>> No.1430538
File: 7 KB, 100x130, lizardman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1430164
this

ranged, cheap, and that reason too

>> No.1430559

>>1430538

You know, I was stunned to find that Lizard warriors beat out marksmen 1v1. Real eye opener.

>> No.1430591

>>1430559
they're the only ranged unit fortress gets so they're really easy to overlook, but damn they can be good support

>> No.1430595

>>1430591

It's also more that, at least I reflexivly thought that anyone who shot twice a round would hit harder, and plus, it's really easy to overlook the defensive stats of a shooter. Having 50% more HP and 166% more defense really does count for a lot.

>> No.1430664
File: 120 KB, 288x280, skellies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1430164
What a silly question!

>> No.1430946

>>1430329
>And what made the "Force everyone to hit the hydras" thing work, is that, if I force 5 units to hit each other with beserk, they hit, they retaliate, they hurt each other. If I force a bunch of guys to hit the hydras, after each shot, everyone gets hit by his retaliation, and the damage just racks on up.
But if you have enough mana (which you should have) you can just keep on casting Berserk on those fuckers. I don't see how sending in your Hydras is better than just letting them kill themselves.

Although I must admit that way of using Counterstrike is cool as fuck.

>> No.1430973

>>1412045

The only adventure map I ever played was GoldHeartEX, anyone remember it?

>> No.1430989

>>1430946

Beastmasters? Have a lot of mana? And this was a multiplayer game, and back in the day when everyone was playing medium-large 1 level maps.

I think I had 40-50 mana, tops. What I had was a ton of defense and the schools to cast my spells. I don't think I was anything more than 15th level.

>> No.1431048

Do you guys abuse quick saves? I always played this game with my brother and cousing but I didnt learn anything cause we abused saves all the time.

>> No.1431550

>>1430317
Actually, Heroes of Might and Magic is what introduced me to the fact that genies are a race. Loved them ever since.

>> No.1431563

>>1431550

It wa also the one that introduced me to the concept that elementals have money. I still giggle at that.

>> No.1431638

>>1431563
Maybe they bind themselves to the metal and gold is just a really good conductor of the energies?

>> No.1432093

>>1430989
But Beastmasters cannot even have Fire Magic as a secondary skill.

>> No.1432304

>>1428394
bu-ut anon! I like heroes 4, its diffrent... and made by 3do

heroes 6 however...yeah it can go to hell

how did he get so much skellies with that necro point thing

>>1430164
Cavaliers with jousting bonus, muh dik

>>1430329
>tfw completed SoD and RoE but never got that far in AB

>>1430973
Yeah but i never managed to beat it, just got to that part where you have to face the castle armies and he has like 5 castles and you only have a stronghold and a limited castle (idk if we're talkign about the same map).

>>1431048
I still do fuck the police

>>1432093
>scholar
>univercity

>> No.1432309
File: 714 KB, 1366x768, You Saucy minx.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

is there some sort of "chance calculator" for Basilisk and Medusa's petrifying gaze? It feels like they fucking NEVER works for me when I use them.
But when the fucking computer uses them, its like walking into a fucking museum.

pic unrelated, but fun.

>> No.1432341

>>1432304
I genuinely like Heroes 4. It's nowhere near as good as the other five games in the series but it just appeals to me for some reason.

Perhaps brain damage.

>> No.1432406

>>1432309
It's 20%.

>> No.1432412

>>1432406
shit really? I expected a higher number.

>> No.1432414

>>1432093
>>1432304

I think it was a witch hut in my case, but it was a LONG time ago.

>> No.1432420

>>1422807
A fourth level spell is more powerful than a third level one, oh my, how unexpected. If that's unbalanced then you may as well make Implosion do the same damage as Magic Arrow, with the MP cost factored in.

Also, Fireball and Meteor Shower has a radius of 2 hexes, Inferno has 3 hexes. If the enemy units are tightly clamped together, it can outdamage meteor shower due to the sheer amount of units it can hit. Granted, if the enemies are that much packed together, it's more fun to cast Berserk.

>> No.1432424

>>1425629
>the town looks like it's fucking islamic.

And what's wrong with that? Are you against having a harem of teenager wives?

Also it looks more persian than islamic to mee.

>> No.1432428

>>1432414
I recall that witch huts will just do the "lolno as if I'd be willing to teach anything to someone like you" routine if they are meant to give out a skill that your hero already has or cannot learn.
And universities just have the skill in red so you can't pick it.

I think, other than edited maps, a hero can only get a spell his class is not suited for from the Pandoras Box. Or if it is something he/she starts with, like that one single fire witch from Armageddons Blade (or Shadow of Death).

>> No.1432435

>>1432428

I really don't remember the specifics anymore. This was a game I played oh, about a decade ago, and I mostly remember the trick itself. How I got fire with Gerwulf, (Beastmmaster in question) is something lost in the haze. Maybe it was a Pandoras box, It was a random map, and the things seem awfully fond of spawning them.

Sorry, I don't remember how it went anymore.

>> No.1432696
File: 367 KB, 672x586, tazzy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1432428
No, Universities can't grant banned skills, but Scholars and Witch Huts can.

>> No.1432863

>>1425629
And Rampart is full of Asians. Get over it.

>> No.1432917
File: 1.34 MB, 883x769, Maximus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1432696
Not a bad hero.

But this guy is better.

>> No.1433020

>>1394290

(This happened a long time ago, but feel like sharing the story)

>Playing 1 1v1 against a friend.
>He's better than I am, I expect him to win, and we chat on the phone as we play, it's pretty casual.
>Get stronghold, he gets the inferno, complains a bit, but figures it's pretty balancing (We both picked random towns).
>Going along, we each grab a second town.
>Hey anon, got the grail.
>FUUUUUUUUUUU
>Oh well, that's that.
>Decide to let him have his fun though, and stomp my main army.
>2 weeks later, he comes in with a colossal tide of demons.
>Probably outnumbered a bit over 2:1 in all categories.
>Hop over to the artifact merchants before getting crushed.
>Manage to buy the shield of the dead.
>this gives me enough to get the compound artifact.
>Run up to him.
>Slow, curse, misfortune, weakness, then I cast mass haste.
>He hasn't got expert water for a mass cure or dispel.
>Wind up crushing his main army pretty easily, rocket forward, grab the grail city.
>He (good naturedly, he wasn't seriously upset) complains about that upset for years.

>> No.1433824

>>1433020
Mages, man. Fucking mages.

I love mages.

>> No.1434481

>>1432917
>no expert offense
You are missing the main stat.

>> No.1434665

>>1432696
waiting for them boots aye?

>> No.1434761

>>1434481

But anon don't you know that artillery is broken? I mean it quadruples your ballista damage.

>> No.1435226

>>1434761
Shit X 4 = a larger shit

its better, but not by much

>> No.1435257

>>1434761
Artillery is borderline useless at endgame compared to offense. Same as leadership.

>> No.1435408

>>1435226
>>1435257
I assume that he was being facetious, since a game where 2522 archangels is a thing you have would be a prime example of why the ballista is junk.

>>1434665
Yeah, but the little fuckers never showed up.

>> No.1435663

Answer me truthfully now: Which Hero do you think is the worst?

>> No.1435679

>>1432341
oh come on its definetly better then 1 and 2

>>1432309
bad luck annon

>>1432696
>picking necromancy
>ever

>>1432917
>>1434761

>expert artilery
>good

>> No.1435693

>>1435679
>oh come on its definetly better then 1 and 2
1, maybe. 2? No way in hell, 2 is still very enjoyable

>> No.1435802

ChristianXTyris OTP

>> No.1436587

>>1435693
>more creatures
>more skills and actual attemt at balance
>better heroes
>better graphics
>better story and campaign
>better artifact system
>potions
>better music
>better gameplay
>BETTER GAME

>> No.1436602

>>1435257
Leadership is useful for getting morale bonus, especially on mixed unit squads, if you don't have that one pendant that gives +3 morale +3 luck.

Expert Artillery can do ridiculous damage, snipe down multiple 7 units, plus being able to control it means it won't attack that stack of 4000 Titans you just blinded. Obviously it won't do as much damage as 2522 archangels or 20000 marksmen, but it does add a bit of extra damage, and it's hilarious to see a single ballista shot impale like 200 goblins in a row. Just imagine that in your mind and the skill becomes way better.

Healing is also pretty useful before you ask: it can save a lot of high level units early on.

>> No.1437339

>>1436587
>better heroes

The portraits were better and I, for one, enjoyed having them on the battlefield.

>> No.1437640

>>1437339
Also each town had TWO diffrent clases with TWO diffrent gender models, the only real drawback is that hero specializations got removed (clases are diffrent)

>> No.1437675

>>1437640
Yeah, kinda made the individual stories for the heroes pointless if they got nothing to show for it. Still enjoyed building the heroes.

>> No.1438120

>>1435679
>Ever not picking Necromancy.
See>>1428803

>> No.1438752 [DELETED] 
File: 666 KB, 904x676, 666.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

[wogs internally]

>>1432917
That's from like Empire of the World 1, right?

>> No.1438756 [SPOILER] 
File: 666 KB, 904x676, 1393672796295.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

[wogs internally]

>>1432917
that screen is from Empire of the World 1 isn't it?

>> No.1438957

>stack of 3000 faerie dragons cast chain lightning
>250000 damage
>your army is wiped out in 1 turn
God fucking damn it.

>> No.1438996

>>1438957
On that note, what does everyone think of the various neutral dragons (azure, faerie, crystal, rust)? Do you find that they are worth the money, assuming you're not in a functionally unlimtied resources situation?

>> No.1439141

>>1438996
Azure is always worth, they are the best fighting unit stat-wise, 2nd highest speed ingame (19), can't be Blinded/Slowed/Cursed, and Fear.
Rust is ok if you can afford them, their acid attack is very painful if left unchecked.
Faerie is meh, only annoying when used by AI to spitecast Ice Bolt before surrendering.
Crystal is the worst, they don't fly but walk. In the campaign they are also training fodder.

>> No.1439195

>>1438996
I have mixed feelings about them. I just can't picture how a stack of one azure is worth a) a slot in your army b) a trillion gold. Their cost/efficiency ratio is pretty low. Maybe worth to recruit if you're loaded and don't know what to do with your money anymore

>> No.1440774
File: 170 KB, 1040x746, 1393657637032.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1438957
>playing a map where you encounter 3000 of anything

>>1438996
>paying for neutral dragons

just too expensive and rare to be really worth it anon,you will also sacrafice a big part of your army inorder to get them, on my WoG i've enabled creature bank stacking, so by the time i discover a dwelling its usually atleast Lots of "high level baddies" , usualy the rate of guards to recruits is 3to1

>> No.1440791

I wish I knew some people I could play HOMM 3 with. AI just bores me.

>> No.1440796

>>1440791
We need a /vr/ homm3 saturday night.

Looking forward to this friday. Having a lan party of homm3 and utk2k.

>> No.1440824

>>1440796
that would be the best thing. divvy it up into groups, post results to the thread.

>> No.1440893

>>1430164
I may have drawn a seductive picture of a Harpy Hag

>> No.1440916

>>1440774
>not playing huge stacks to push your ability to the limit
You never know what kinds of battle are doable against AI.

>> No.1440932

>pirate GOG version of HoMM3 Complete
>start tutorial
>tells me to print off a tutorial document
>nothing happens
>no tutorial messages or anything

Is it supposed to be like this?

>> No.1440936

>>1440932
In your instalation folder there should be a Heroes 3 tutorial pdf file.

>> No.1441371

>>1440932
>pirating from GOG.com

Fuck, PC Gamers are the scum of the earth

>> No.1441458

>>1430164
I always liked minotaurs.

>> No.1441474

So how's Heroes of Might and Magic VI?
Comparable to any previous games in the series?
I've heard it's supposedly pretty bad.

>> No.1441772

>>1430164
Efreeti.
They're the only reason I keep coming back to playing Inferno.
It's just so comfy to run around with a bunch of Efreeti and murder everything in your path.
They fly, deal lots of damage, and that makes them universal in wrecking the map.
Really a quintessential Inferno unit.

>> No.1441907

>>1441772

>Implying that the entire inferno lineup isn't basically Cerberi and Efreet Sultans.

>> No.1442231
File: 22 KB, 430x345, 1383595522727.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1440796
>>1440791
>>1440824

but what about timezones?

>>1440893
>not posting it

>>1440916
>spend lotsa time fighting huge stacks of highlevel monsters
>somehow ai still comes up with a stronger hero and bigger, more leveled up hero

damn, every time i play WoG random map 1v1

>>1441474
we talked about it in the last thread for a bit, everybody concluded its bad even tho most of us havent played it

>>1441772
>>1441907
>implying they are not the first ones to die in the battle

>> No.1442241

>>1441907
Play a multiplayer game against an Inferno worth their salt and they'll wreck your shit with just legions and legions of Pit Lord-farmed Demons. They'll sacrifice Cerberi, Imps and Gogs to make more Demons.
Devils are pretty goddamn sweet too -- certainly one of the better level 7 units for creeping. (Archdevils + Forcefield + lots of mana + patience = free Utopia)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm-y2b48Y3k vid related.

>> No.1442246

>>1442241

Imps and gogs, sure. You really get more punch per HP out of demons than you do from the cerberi? I mean, those guys are brutal, especially if you get lucky and can cast bless.

And I think by the time you see your level 7s in any number, you're well out of the "creeping" phase, unless you're one of those weird super-resource maps with huge stacks keeping the players from each other.

>> No.1442262

>>1442246
You can get your first Devils in week 2. 3 on some rougher maps or higher settings.
You can still outfit a hero with just Devils and run on your merry way killing everything.
Devils are very good at minimizing your losses thanks to that non-retal and high speed. They're really underrated.

Also, Cerberi die like flies while not being as cheap or cost-effective as the Wolf Riders, the chance of getting Water Magic on a Demoniac is pretty low if not non-existent, and really, having a legion of Demons in your army trounces the ability that the Cerberi have. I personally don't even upgrade them when I do play Inferno because I know that by the end I'll want my Hell Hounds to become Demon fodder.

>> No.1442271

>>1442262

Granted, it's been a LONG time since I played Homm 3 multiplayer, but most of the maps I used to play were effectively over by the end of the first month. By week 3 (if you build the dwelling week 2, week 3 will get you at most 3 of your lvl 7), you should be gearing up for a final offensive or looking to parry your opponents.

>I personally don't even upgrade them when I do play Inferno because I know that by the end I'll want my Hell Hounds to become Demon fodder.

Seriously? Even if you get the upgraded hell hole by week 2, (and I'm being generous here), it'll be a while that you can get enough Pit lords together to do real mass revival as demons, especially if you take diplomacy like an inferno player is "supposed to" and supplement your army with whatever you find.

Maybe it's just changed a lot since I played, but waiting around for that, and then turning your unupgraded hell hounds into demons, instead of just popping out the Cerberi and storming away while creeping seems too slow and too expensive.

I seem to remember constantly being broke and never having enough cash for these kinds of schemes, even as I frantically gobbled up every patch of resources and gold I came across.

>> No.1442564

>>1441371
not that guy, but I've pirated from gog before, but usually If I like the game I buy it when I can.

>>1442231
>what about timezones?

I'm in Australia and I've never had too much of a problem with it, just usually means I've got to do it on saturday or sunday mornings.

>>1441474
I've got it on steam. It sucks. I mean, I'd probably give it a 4/10 or a 5/10, but compared to the 10/10 experience that is homm3, why even bother?

>>1442241
>>1442246
>>1442262
>>1442271
I never really played multiplayer against any good people, just my brother and I on our old computer when we were kids.

I still think it'd be a good thing to do, even though some will be far better than others.

>> No.1442984

>>1442271
I've had roughly 2 month games on ladder XL maps when I still played this game. Note that Diplo is banned under such settings. Demon farming is still very profitable. 9 imps make one demon (1 HP loss); 3 gogs make 1 demon (3 HP loss); 3 hell hounds make 2 demons (5 HP loss). It's even more efficient if you find items such as the Ring of Life (7 imps = 1 demon, etc.).

I've seen the demon count go by a few hundred at least by month 2.
Let's assume you finish games by month 1. If we assume you get Pit Lords after Devils, so optimally around the beginning of 3rd week.
So you should have around 15 pit lords. They can ressurect 21 demons worth. Split them around your scouts and wage efficient battles while sacrificing fodder, i.e. 5 pit lords = 7 demons. Three heroes with 5 pit lords each, for instance, should ressurect 7 demons per battle.
10 hell hounds is 7 demons this way, and I'd rather have the demons, especially if the slot can be taken by Angels from Griffin Conservatories or Wyverns from Dragon Fly Hives.
Of course that takes a lot of math and overall game sense, which makes playing inferno complicated as hell, but it's there and it's terrifying if pulled off right.

>> No.1443001

>>1442984
I'd rather just play the game to have fun rather than go that far into it

>> No.1443007

>>1443001
Your choice.
My favourite factions are Fortress and Rampart anyway, the latter precisely because it's a chill-out faction. Comfy early game with the elves and centaurs is nice.

>> No.1443027

>>1443007
Fortress is my favorite by far. Stronghold and Tower are a distant second and third.

Fortress is probably the simplest and most straight forward.

I like tower because having really good mage heroes is just fun.

>> No.1443340

>>1443027
Is there any other viable strategy than early wyverns?

>> No.1443357

>>1443340
Well, is there a reason not to go early wyverns?
They give you the best creeping by far. It's like Stronghold's rocs.
Aside from that, you can try starting Dracon an try to do things with a powerstack of Gnolls similar to how you'd do with Shakti/Dungeon or try for a Dragonfly upgrade, but really, early wyverns are your best chance to expand and get week 1 Hydras.
Mid-game you will have Mighty Gorgons and Hydras to wreck people with.

>> No.1443472

>tfw no access at all to your enemy in wog random map

worst random map generator ever

>> No.1443495

Wow, I never knew Arch Devils were quite strong, they lose 1v1 only to AA, but win against every other tier 7. If only their HP wasn't so shit...

>> No.1443529

>>1443495

And they didn't cost an arm and a leg.

>> No.1443534

Welp, this thread just convinced me to buy HoMM 3.

Anything I should know before I start?

>> No.1443536

>>1443534
Install the HD mod. Play the tutorial. Expect a steep learning curve.

>> No.1443538

>>1443536
>Expect a steep learning curve.
Good, that means it'll have a lot to keep me coming back.

>> No.1443653
File: 34 KB, 900x837, 9d7[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1443660

>>1443529
They're still less expensive than titans. Really I think the only reason people don't like them is because it's immediately apparent that they are Archangels except worse (which is what every tier 7 creature is but whatever)

>> No.1443726

>>1443660

But IMO, a titan is considerably stronger than an Arch Devil.

For the difference in 500 gold, you get: 100 hp, -2 attack, -4 defense, double the damage, and immune to mind effecting spells.

About the only thing the Arch devils really have going for them is no retal (but shooters get that implicitly) and their speed, which lets you cast the first/last spell.

In fact, in games where I've been VERY pinched for cash, I've sometimes built devils instead of arch devils. 2 Devils do pack more power, and if you're limited by the cash and not manpower...... You can't say the same for Giants to Titans, or most of the level 7s.

>> No.1443869

http://www.mediafire.com/view/zjdij5o4s7co66c/HoMM_3_Tribute_to_Strategists.pdf

If anybody doesn't have it, only just remembered it was sitting there in my mediafire account.

>> No.1444730

>>1443726
But a Titan has only 11 speed, which means he can get blocked by a fast non-tier 7 (Efreet/Dragon Fly) before he gets to move

>> No.1444731

>>1443534
Well, I bought it, and I did the tutorial, and I tried a few campaigns but lost because I kept misjudging the size and power of various troop groups on the map (also, you can't retreat or you lose).

What does the attack stat do for your hero? You don't get to move the hero during combat, so what is it for? Does it just buff the attack of your party?

>> No.1444738

>>1444730
And it has no melee penalty, so it can kill the blocker.

>> No.1444779

>>1444738
No melee penalty or not, if he made you to spend a Titan's turn on killing blocker he's already successful.

>> No.1445447

>>1444779
And it's fairly easy to get a big stack of dragon flies to block two or more hits.

>> No.1445489

>>1435408
be glad they didnt, its like typing in IDKFA, yeah, its fun... for ten minutes...

>> No.1445548

>>1444731
The Attack and Defense Stats of your Heroes add to the Attack and Defense Stats of your Troops. If you retreat you can recruit your Hero the same week in the tavern again without the army but with all his Stats, Skills and Artifacts. If you surrender, it will cost you something, but you get to keep your army.

>> No.1445551

>>1444731
it is the single most important thing in game. visit all the available primary stat up buildings on the map.

Attack and defence of your hero adds to you units attack and defence and it means, that your units will be harder to kill (higher defence reduces dmg recieved and attack vice versa). then you will often get to the situation where you will totally wreck armies larger in numbers.

spell power prolonges duration of buffs/debuffs and dmg of dmg spells.

knowledge determines your max mana pool

primary stats are often more than army.

>> No.1445805

>>1444730

I'm not saying the Titan does every single thing better than an Arch Devil would. I'm simply saying Arch devils are expensive, especially for a mediocre t7.

Next to a black dragon, it's more expensive, vulnerable to spells, down 100 hp, some damage, and vulnerable to spells. Similar when you compare it to the golds.

And if you're admitting it's worse than the Archangels and the two living dragons.... then at best you're 4th of 8 towns. That's hardly a sterling unit. Personally, I'd put the Titans, ABs, and maybe even the chaos hydras ahead of it as well, which leaves you what? Better than the ghosts?

The Arch devil isn't great for a 7, and a big part of that is how damn expensive it is.

>> No.1445818

From the last thread:
>Must Have Tier
Logistics
Armourer
Offence
Archery
>Must Have If Tier
Necromancy if Necropolis
Wisdom if you want access to more spells
Sorcery if powerful Magic Hero
Fire Magic if you have the spells
Pathfinding if lots of shitty terrain
Navigation if large water map
>High Tier
Diplomacy
Earth Magic
Air Magic
Intelligence
Tactics
>Good Tier
Resistance
Water Magic
Artillery
Ballistics
Leadership
Luck
>Secondary Hero Tier
Estates
Scholar
Scouting
>Completely Useless Tier
Eagle Eye
First Aid
Learning
Mysticism

>> No.1445832

>>1445818
Also can anyone comment on this for accuracy/changes?

I'm new to this game, and I still feel in over my head. Getting better though with the quickarmy strategy, and Fiona is a qt3.14.

>> No.1445835

>>1445818
>>1445832
Diplomacy should be above everything else in its own tier, necromancy should be above logistics provided you're using necropolis. earth and air magic should be above everything in "must have if" tier except maybe wisdom. Tactics should be in must have tier, around archery. Offense is better than armorer

>> No.1445837

>>1445818
archery is more like good tier
earth/air magic is a must have tier one of those

>> No.1445857

>>1445835
>>1445837
So the must haves are like...
>diplomacy
>earth/air magic
>offense
>armourer
>necromancy [if necropolis]
>logistics
>tactics

>> No.1445871

>>1445857
Personally I feel that tactics is a little over rated. Diplomacy I don't see much use for unless you start with it and go early econ.

>> No.1445874

>>1445871
tactics is basically necessary in multiplayer if you don't want to get steamrolled
diplomacy see above, the only way to counter diplomacy is with diplomacy
i wouldn't call that overrated

>> No.1445882

>>1445874
Whatever, I guess. Never found a need for it in single player and I can never find anybody to play with for multiplayer. About all I do for HOMM3 any more is repeatedly play the same tournament map I downloaded and make small balance changes to it based on all my playthroughs.
Things like giving every player one shackles of war if they want to go slightly out of their way for it - AI heroes fleeing at the drop of a hat constantly was massively irritating.

>> No.1445945

I don't get people who say Heroes 2 is better than 3.
I tried 2 out of curiosity, and damn, it has some very big flaws.

-)The town development is poor, few buildings with no specialties for each faction (no, "storm" does not make the necropolis city unique)
-) Troops are not so bad, but the upgrades are distributed totally randomly, with Dungeon having 3 upgrades for tier 6, while others sometimes don't even have it (see bone dragons)
-) Secondary skills are quite few in number, and they appear completely randomly (unlike heroes 3)
-) Heroes of a faction are all the same (no might/magic division), and they even start with the same secondary abilities.
-) AI is full retard. Heroes 3 AI is not a human strategist, but at least falls only for a few tricks (hero's army split in town to say one), this AI instead focuses your HIGHEST TIER. While it's not frustrating anymore to fight AIs, it also makes battles a breeze, since you have rarely important losses (except the occasional tier 6 against other armies) or dead shooters.

The only thing i really find better in Heroes 2 is the graphic style. The sprites are excellent, and the whole world looks better than the dark Heroes 3. Also, the artifacts are kinda nice, even though worse than heroes 3 ones.

>> No.1446072

>>1445818
Fire Magic is objectively the worst of all the schools
not because it's bad, but because most of the spells don't benefit much from expert fire magic (Blind doesn't become area of effect, Curse does, but it's not nearly as universal as Slow, for instance)
Its saving grace is Berserk. Aside from that, Earth/Air Magic are the most flexible and powerful and should be Must Haves.
Diplomacy should be a must have because it's always banned.
Wisdom should be High Tier because most playstyles lend themselves to just going Mass Haste/Mass Slow for most fights.
Sorcery is a good skill but not nearly as universal because magic heroes are inferior so Good Tier at most IMHO
Intelligence shouldn't be in the same level as Earth, Air or Tactics. You're not going to run out of spellpoints if you have as much as a bit of Knowledge. Mana Vortex also makes this obsolete.
Rest is fine.

>> No.1446073

>>1445945
I used to be a big fanboy of 2, but that's largely because I had yet to get the hang of 3 and 2 I was pretty familiar with.

Honestly, I still do like it (but not as much as 3). The overall feel of it still has some indescribable good feeling to it (and 2 did a much better job of the castle faction's units - I hate 3's castle).

I don't look as highly at it as I once did. Still, I certainly wouldn't have a problem playing it instead of 3 whenever.

>> No.1446074

>>1446072

Wisdom and intelligence aren't primarily for battle. It's so you have enough spellpoints to burn zipping around the map with the abuse of town portal and dimension door.

>> No.1446086

>>1446073
Infact i didn't find it a bad game. It was very enjoyable, and before Heroes 3 it must have felt amazing.
But what i wanted to point out is that it's an out-of-the-ass opinion to consider 2 better than 3. Outside of the graphic matter, it literally is better in almost everything else, from units to factions to heroes to possible strategies etc.

I'd say it's a good game on its own, but is completely overwhelmed by the good stuff of Heroes 3.

>> No.1446091

>>1446086
>from units
Those, except for the stronghold, I disagree on. I've never been a big fan of 3's units compared to 2. That and the main campaign.

Other than that, I guess so.

>> No.1446098

>>1446074
Sure, except you don't need Intelligence to abuse Town Portal at all, and having to find either one of those two spells (before the end of the game, no less, which in MP is usually by the end of the month) doesn't make Wisdom a must have skill.

>> No.1446120

>>1446091
Nha man, in my opinion the units look good, but they are not as fitting as those of heroes 3.
Gryphons, gargoyles and centaurs all together?
Halflings and Boars for a fucking wizard? What's even the practical difference between mummies and zombies (except stuff like more damage and a curse). they could have put there a more fitting undead (i don't know, ghosts or wraiths or whatever).
It may seem like nit-picking, but the units in 2 only LOOK better than those in heroes 3, they are actually worse in terms of fitting the town theme, specials and uniqueness.

>> No.1446132

I never played any of the Might and Magic or Heroes of. Is there a order I should play them for plot or can I just start any of them?

>> No.1446136

>>1446120
Maybe, I was just incredibly disappointed in castle town especially. I played them 80% of the time in 2 but with 3 I can't stand to play them at all.

Damnit, I want my crusaders back.

>> No.1446139

>>1446132
Play them in release order.

>> No.1446142

>>1446132
I started Heroes with 3 and I don't regret it, do whatever you want though

>> No.1446145

>>1446132
Play either 2 or 3, you can't really go wrong with either.

Disregard 1 and 6 especially. Some people like 4 and 5, depending on who you ask.

>> No.1446150

>>1446132
Play HoMM3.

>> No.1446298
File: 55 KB, 478x640, SOON.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Guys, to get us playing together somewhat instead of just single player followed by eventual boredom and the threads dying off again; how about we start some sort of a 4chan HOMM league and/or tournaments?

HOMM3 would pretty obviously be the standard, with others available if both players agree to it. We could use the maps from
http://www.toheroes.com/h3maps/maps.html
for games and have a read only Google spreadsheet for keeping track of how members of the league are doing. and stuff.

It would need ideas for how it would work exactly and at least half a dozen participants. Do you think you guys would be up for it?

>> No.1446309

>>1446298
Im up for casual matches and even leagues.
Friday and saturday only though.

A list of approved maps would be needed. A contact system needs to be there too ( email preferably ).
But the problem with a league is you need to audit matches.

>> No.1446316

>>1446309
>Friday and saturday only though.
That's fine, the doc could include a general list of when everyone is best available so if you want to challenge somebody you'd know when they're best up for it.

>A list of approved maps would be needed.
So basically the maps from the page listed above, with some of them vetoed? Fair enough.

>A contact system needs to be there too ( email preferably ).
I was thinking a stream group for it would probably be the best bet but if everyone would prefer an Email only system I guess that could work too.

>But the problem with a league is you need to audit matches.
Explain?

>> No.1446330

>>1446316
Id be against steam as not everyone uses it.

>Explain?
A match needs to be signed valid by a 3rd party.

>> No.1446337

>>1446330
>Id be against steam as not everyone uses it.
What gamer doesn't yet have a steam account?

>A match needs to be signed valid by a 3rd party.
Any suggestions for how we'd pull that off?

>> No.1446354

>>1446337
Heroes 3 doesnt have any kind of replay system so besides live streaming I doubt there is anything possible.
So that leaves us to both players having to agree the match is valid.
For a small league I guess that would be enough.

>> No.1446360

>>1446298
Oh I just noticed. There are no S sized maps on that site?

>> No.1446397

>>1446354
Don't multiplayer games autosave? Both players could submit their last turn autosaves as proof. Failing that, yeah we'd have to just go with both players agreeing.

>>1446360
The medium sized maps are already pretty tiny. Do we need smaller than those?

>> No.1448534

>>1446132
M&M 3, 4 and 5 go together; as do 6, 7 and 8.

>> No.1449905

I've been trying this recently on HoMM3:

Small 1-level random map
1 AI opponent (randomized)
Impossible difficulty

Is this even possible? I consider myself somewhat decent at this game and I haven't won once. There's obviously a strong chance that it IS impossible. Still kinda fun trying.

My challenge to you is to beat that /homm/.

>> No.1449957

>>1449905
I can't see it being impossible, as long as you bum rush them hard.

>> No.1449963

>>1449905
Challenge accepted, share the map.
or do i just create a random small map?

>> No.1449968

>>1445818
Sorcery is mediocre even for magic heroes. The bonus is very small and you don't cast damage spells all the time. It's not wasted slot or anything but I'd rather not have it.

>> No.1449989

>>1446298
heroes 3 cannot be played online.
from heroesIII.com:
>Usually you will need half-hour for searching player and starting game plus 4-7 hours for game (1 vs 1), 9-14 hours for game (2 vs 2)

seriously. and i thought populous: the beginning online matches were long.

>> No.1450003

>>1449963

Just random small map ,1 level. Also been using normal monsters/normal water.

>>1449957

Some of it's the luck of the draw, but chances are strong you're going to send out a weakass hero that'll get annihilated by either a guardian stack or the enemy on the next turn, if you try to rush.

>> No.1450127

>>1449905
>>1450003

This guy here. I finally beat it. Don't want to give too much away but this guy: >>1449957
is somewhat right.

This is pretty fun/challenging if you want to turn HoMM3 into a coffeebreak game.

>> No.1450264

>>1449989

HoMM is generally played over Hamachi.

>> No.1450276

>>1450264
Doesnt it work just fine if you open the ports on your router?
Last time I played online I just did exactly that.

>> No.1450939

>>1450276

Sure you can probably do that but most people don't know how, care to learn, don't like fiddling with their router or they just have Hamachi installed already.

Point is still that playing online isn't impossible.

Personally I prefer to play against friends in the same way you would with chess via mail, like they did when mail was the most advanced form of telepathy. You make a move and check back every few hours to see if its your turn as you do other things. If you end up in combat against another player he can just call or text so that it'll be over quickly. Games usually take days or weeks to finish but it beats just doing in a single marathon sitting that is more waiting than playing. Keep it to medium maps with underground if you're just two players and you usually have a good time. If there are more players you go with a larger map and eliminated players can starring new games.

Pretty sure you can run multiple instances of H3 as well and you should easily be able to handle playing three or four matches side by side with this slow play method.

>> No.1450976

>>1450264
I'd rather play over GameRanger. Hamachi's been increasingly unresponsive ever since the 2.x.x.x update.

>> No.1450979

>>1450939
Wait how do you play by mail then?
You save the game and send each other the save file?

>> No.1451690
File: 103 KB, 904x573, 1399416-bueno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Hero Specialty: Necromancy
>Expert Necromancy
>Cloak of the Undead King
>Grail building in the capital
>"Month of the [Tier-1 Unit]"
>mfw

>> No.1453412
File: 39 KB, 400x378, homm.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Bump.

>> No.1454546
File: 28 KB, 720x480, anger rising.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1445882
>see AI swooping in for an artefact that I was JUST about to snag for myself
>AI is just a shitty scout with a single stack
>engage
>he flees
The suffering is real.

>> No.1454550

>>1454546
>not having a high speed unit stack to go first
>not having a high damage spell to quickly exterminate scout stacks
You asked for it.

>> No.1454556

HoMM 3 is a game from my childhood.
I feel like I should buy the whole package from GOG and play the campaing.
I still remember how I put learned Estates on almost all of my heroes, but that's about it.

>> No.1454723

>>1454556
Estates is actually really good on everyone but your main hero.

>> No.1454761

>>1454546
Shackles of war should be made mandatory on any map with an AI on it.

The AI's tendency to flee instantly and constantly is the least enjoyable thing in HOMM3.

>> No.1454765
File: 56 KB, 597x519, 1391282146081.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1454761
>slowing/blinding the enemy's army so you can destroy it before they have the chance to flee
>AI still escapes thanks to war machine

When will it end?

>> No.1454791

>>1432341
Fuck this shit, H4 is the second best for me, right after 3 of course
5 felt like a pretty messy rehash with terrible, terrible artstyle, and you prefer 6 over any other heroes? Damn

>> No.1454921

>>1454556
>>1454723
A dozen heroes with estates is a hell of a lotta cash per turn.

>> No.1455026

>>1454791
H4 is definetly underrated, even though it has some big flaws, and it feels (and is) rushed as a game.
H5 however is, for me, the second best game of the series. The artstyle is personal preference, but i'm glad they chose a "cartoony-WoW" style instead of the seriousness of 4 and 3.
It does feel pretty reashy of heroes 3, but the skill system is actually a lot better and much more fun, as are the heroes in general (too bad they didn't add at least two classes per town)

Heroes 6 is not as hellish as many say, but it's definetly a bad-made heroes game. They actually took heroes 5, and took away 50% of what made heroes fun, replacing it with a heavy (even if decent-looking) graphic.
Also buggy as fuck, so yeah, heroes 6 is bad, bad tier.

>> No.1455341

>>1455026
>heroes 4
>serious graphics

kekk dont get me wrong, i really like heroes 4 but its way more cartoonish than all of the heroes games (im not talking about those shitty ripoffs that look like jrpgs), the necropolis looks like something out of a children's cartoon's halloween special!

>woman lead designer, not even once

>> No.1455363

>>1454761
It's complete bullshit what it is. fleeing should be a 3rd level spell.

>> No.1455373

>>1455341
>woman lead designer, not even once

No wonder.

>> No.1455465

>>1454765
>enemy doesn't even have Ballistics or First Aid so he shouldn't have had any control on his war machines' turns

Cheating motherfuckers

>> No.1456667

>>1456665
that nearly gave me a heart attack

>> No.1456665 [SPOILER] 
File: 447 KB, 1280x1556, 1394380562468.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Is there a comfier game than HoMM?

>> No.1456718

>>1456665
Populus: The Beginning has always been the comfiest for me just because of the way I play it.

Step 1: Erode the land connecting the enemy to everywhere else.
Step 2: Slowly, over 2 to 5 hours, wipe out the enemy solely by eroding their entire settlement into the sea.

>> No.1459071
File: 97 KB, 400x378, SoD campaign.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Which is the best campaign storywise?Hack and Slash or Birth of a Barbarian?

>> No.1460137

>>1459071
I prefer HnS, but maybe that's just because I hate Yog and love Crag.

>> No.1460148

I've only played 2. Is 3 as good as it seems if not better than 2?

>> No.1460619

Not /vr/, but I recently acquired Homm6 and was blown away by how shitty the campaign writing was. Voice acting, cinematics, dialogue+motives of characters were all fucking RPGmaker quality. Please tell me the pirated version is just a broken, flawed reality of what the actual one Ubisoft sells actually is.

>> No.1460691

>>1459071
Warlords of the Wasteland

>That ending

;_;7

>> No.1460734
File: 182 KB, 393x1460, 1362601425579.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1454921
>XL map with 8 players
>witch hut 1 day from my starting town
>learn estates

>> No.1460839

>>1455341
>heroes 4 but its way more cartoonish than all of the heroes games

You're shitting me. H5 gargoyles, H5 genies, elementals, peasants - H5 actually looks like a cartoon. H6 looks like a generic korean MMO

>> No.1460862
File: 254 KB, 800x600, Tycho_Brahe_Invades_Disciples_II.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1460931

>>1460862
>fanfiction in HoMM
Is nothing sacred?

>> No.1461117

>>1459071
I found the quest of YoG's confusing childhood issues better than Carg's shekels desire.

>>1460148
Yes,yes it is.

>>1460734
huehuehue

>>1460839
but ...but...have you even seen the necropolis creatures?

>>1460862
source?

>> No.1461119
File: 90 KB, 396x532, 1393959480321.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1460862

But why.

>> No.1463460

>>1460619
The only decent things about heroes 6 are dungeon + Sandro's return. That's it.

>> No.1464387

I've had this game for years and never played the campaign. It it worth it? Does it have a good story?

>> No.1465380
File: 35 KB, 400x388, 1391893587452.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1463460
Sandro's return?

>> No.1465712

just downloaded homm3, never played it before, what am i in for?

>> No.1465724

>>1465712
Good times and fun.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them, I'm one of those rare anons who enjoys being helpful. Usually.

>> No.1465726

>>1465712
Probably best to be ready to get your shit kicked in by the A.I. the first few times you play.

>> No.1465904

>>1465712
Skeletons, legions of them.

Install the HD mod, then play it without any other mods. Play the tutorial then then start the campaigns.

>> No.1465984

>>1465724
HOMM general is usually pretty cool with helping people out and having actual discussions.

>>1465712
Fifteen years worth of gameplay.

>> No.1466352

Can you suggest me a challenging XL+ map?
I just want to gather zounds of skeletons with necromancers for fun.

>> No.1466356

>>1465380
Yep, there's a whole campaign dedicated to him, and it's not bad at all. Alone however, it doesn't justify the cost of Heroes 6 base + Sandro/crag hack expansion.

>> No.1466379
File: 73 KB, 312x313, 1364936002913.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1460862

>> No.1467470
File: 13 KB, 210x215, champions.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1465712
the end of your life 's sorrows

>>1466356
wait Carg Hack is in it too? How? I thought six was a part of 5's non 3DO world?

Anyways, dear forum, have you accepted the champions as how awesome they really are, considering their strenght,first strike,jousting bonus and insanely high numbers at a somewhat low price?

>> No.1467702
File: 28 KB, 737x531, 1380814780456.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1467470
Everyone knows Castle is ezmodo

>> No.1467785

>>1465724
Is there no penalty for mixing multiple factions in one army? I remember King's Bounty punished ou for putting undeads in an army with humans, but my elves don't seem to have a problem with skeletons.

>> No.1467796

>>1467470
Eh, i don't want to spoiler anything, but there's an explanation to that.

By the way, they are good, but the angels are superior. Unfortunately, because i prefer champions myself.

>> No.1467926

I'd like to try out WoG, but i'd also like to keep it separated from the classic Heroes 3 complete, how to do this?
By this i mean, clicking an icon i go WoG and all, clicking another allows me to play Heroes 3 complete.
I say this because i want to keep WoG save files and Complete save files separated.

>> No.1467924

>>1467785
There's morale penalties.

Mixing 3 different factions together is -1 morale for all units in that party, 4 different is -2 and 5 is -3. Undead is an additional -1 but if I remember right undead themselves are immune to morale.

All the same faction is +1 morale, so unless you especially want a mix, it's better to have all of them belong to the same faction.

>> No.1467973

>>1467924
Wasn't the morale penalty for specific factions?
For example, Fortress monsters had no penalties with Ramparts, but with undead or inferno, they had -1 penalty?
Been a long time since I last played HoMM.
Maybe it's about time I'd replay the complete campaing.

>> No.1467981

>>1467973
I'm mostly just remembering from 2, I hardly ever mixed and matched in 3 so it's hard to remember.

>> No.1468176

>>1467973
No specific factions, even if you'd mix the three "good" factions (Castle, Rampart, Tower) you'd get morale penalty.

>> No.1468347

>>1467926
I think the HD mod lets you launch heroes 3 and WoG separatly.
Though you could always make 2 separate installations.

>> No.1468719

>>1467702
spooki

>>1467796
but come on man, strenght in numbers! They get more strengh from tactics than angels and higher numbers add to grandmaster ressurection

>>1467926
they already are...

>> No.1468824

What do you guys think of the elemental fortress or whatever it's called? Or the monster that can be bought from there?

>> No.1468839

>>1468824
Oh, and also;
Which campaing and which stage of the campaing did you find the hardest in HoMM3?
I don't remember much about the campaings, but some parts of the Dragon Slayer campaing got me pretty damn angry.
>''Don't tell me I didn't warn you! I told you not to open it!''

>> No.1469847

Anyone want to try to play multiplayer? We can figure out the best way to do it if enough people interested.

>> No.1470002

>>1469847
Yeah I'd be up for it, Hamachi? I have connection issues with gameranger.

>> No.1470063

My WoG freezes on the AI turn on the second day.
How can i fix this? I'm using various mods, but i don't think there are some conflicting. After all, it all works well, but then, as i pass my turn, the AI turn (as well as everything except the music) freezes.
Tried to run with Windows XP mode, but nothing.

>> No.1470065

>>1470002
3rd Anon here. I'd be up for gameranger. I got problems with Hamachi. I'm also not sure if it works with gameranger

>> No.1470074

>>1470065
Anon you replied to here, I've only ever tried gameranger once but we literally couldn't start the game because it would throw up errors and the game wouldn't start.

As soon as I left, everything worked fine.

>> No.1470085

>>1470074
Well then I'm out I guess. I won't let hamachi get near my hard drive any more.

>> No.1470093

>>1470085
Why, what happened last time? I've had Hamachi running for well over 6 years now (lost track of how much longer), zero problems

And if you're willing to sit there with me in a 2 player game on gameranger and help me surmount my problems with presumably my firewall, I'd be up for trying.

>> No.1470159

>>1468824
elemental fortress? what?

>>1468839
that seccond Carg Hack campaign where you had to create tehe statue of the legion, FFS i had to restart 30 times untill i got a decent set of secondary skills, even then all of my primary stats were like -20 lower than they were the last time i used him
;____;

>>1470063
wog likes to crash like that sometimes, if its the AI thats causing the issue, then though luck your game is lost, AI almost never changes its moves

>> No.1470249

>>1470159
Sorry, I didn't remember its correct name.
Conflux.

>> No.1470837

>>1468824
Conflux is the most broken town in the game next to Necropolis due to double-growth Phoenixes, Pixies being one of the best tactical level 1s that's way too strong for its cost (speed, no retal, huge growth etc), Magic Elementals being like mini-hydras on steroids, Storm Elementals are 25 HP level 2 archers which is nuts and then there's other things like the best Grail and pretty solid heroes. To win you just get 6 Phoenixes with castle and wreck shit.

And I don't even like it because it looks like shit.

>> No.1472305

http://strawpoll.me/1324969

>> No.1472371

>>1445818
Archery shouldn't be in Must Have Tier. Really worthless for some factions (Necropolis, Fortress). Earth Magic or Air Magic should be in Must Have just because of Mass Slow / Mass Haste. Fire Magic is the least important magic school, actually, that should only be gotten if you are a Wizard class with lots of mana and spells. Everyone else is only going to be using Blind anyway, and that doesn't get much better on Expert FM.

>> No.1473470

thread is dead

>> No.1473929

>>1473470
There is really little you can say on /vr/ HoMM3 threads. We don't run multiplayer games, we don't make maps or play them, and a lot of the posts are just regurgigating information about how multiplayer is played (capitol vs creatures, top tier skills, top tier castles, etc.)

>> No.1474020

>>1473929
>we don't make maps
I edit / fix existing fun maps to make them balanced and even more fun, if that counts?
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0vakfajgw1c47pf/Allied_Explosion_3.h3m

Would probably do original maps too if I had an interesting request and a little motivation to work off.

>> No.1476281

What would you guys say is the best HOMM to start with for someone with no TBS experience? I have 2 and 3. I know 3 is the concensus best but a lot of people say 2 is similar but more simple.

>> No.1476403

>>1476281
I... couldn't tell you. Either 2 or 3 really just play whichever your heart tells you to do.

>> No.1478437

>>1476281
Yeah, 2 is simpler and probably a better starting point.

>> No.1479192

Who's your heroes waifu?

Mine's the female ranger that gives +gold as her unique ability.

>> No.1479530

>>1479192
what is a wiafu

>> No.1479546

>>1476281

depens on preference

Homm 3 can be overwhelming, due to its complexity, some of which can be detrimental

I'm not a big fan of portals and underground and the fact that it's really easy to break With Magic and hero skills

Homm 2 is pretty nice as a game mechanically and doesn't get as ridiculous with the overworld places. but the Visual style is kind of a turn off for me.

>> No.1479581
File: 6 KB, 82x82, Tyris[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1479192

>> No.1479720

>>1479530
A girl you masturbate to regularly.

>> No.1480204

>>1479192

Queen Catherine Ironfist

All other answers reveal traitorous AvLee sympathizers and the brainwashed cultists of xenofex

>> No.1480932

>>1480204
But she's ugly

>> No.1480941

Is there an IRC for /vr/ HOM&M?

>> No.1482060

Is there any point in buying this game from?

>> No.1483741

>>1482060
>from?
From gog?

>> No.1486057
File: 5 KB, 58x64, Mephala.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1479192
pic related
I'd plow her armored ass all day every day.
Rampart has best females, it may be one of the reasons why it is my favourite.

>> No.1486109
File: 2 KB, 58x64, neela.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1486057
tfw she won't make all of my wishes come true

>> No.1486115
File: 4 KB, 100x92, Charity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1479192

>> No.1487320

>>1404387
>Not him, but intelligence is only really good if you're spamming out high level spells, dimension doors, town portals, meteor swarm etc.
>dimension doors, town portals
So always?

>> No.1487325
File: 2 KB, 58x64, zydar2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1421423
>Yes even the Inferno.
>mfw

>> No.1487338

>>1441474
Never played it.
Was mildly intrigued at first, but it just seemed like a nostalgia cash in.

Really didn't like that they got rid of the resource diversity.
I think they had a water themed town that was somewhat interesting at least.

>> No.1487350

>>1445818
>So OP it's Banned Tier
Diplomacy
>Must Have Tier
Archery if you're Tower
>Good Tier
Sorcery (the bonus is very small)

>> No.1487401

Anyone know any good Homm3 maps?

There's like only one that I've downloaded that I liked and it was The Dark Continent.
Other than that I've often played my own maps and Reclamation.

>> No.1487598

>>1483741
Yes

>> No.1490763

>>1487598
I'd say no, NWC went bottom-up when 3DO did, and I rather doubt any of the original devs would see a cent of that money; in fact, you'd possibly be giving money to Ubisoft.

I mean don't get me wrong, it worth acquiring the game, it's just not worth giving money to the devil for.

>> No.1491337

I just finished Song for the Father. That had to be the most disappointingly easy final level I've ever played in a strategy game. But then again I shouldn't really be surprised, the difficulty level of the campaign is all over the place.

>> No.1491990

>>1487320
Yes, sure, "always".
Even on maps where the game is over before you find a spell like this.
Even on maps where no Mage Guild (or Pandora Box, or Scroll, or whatever) generates either of these spells.
Even on those leagues where the spells (along with Fly) are banned.

And even if you do find Town Portal/DD, you do not need Intelligence to sustain it. If the game got to that point, you should have plenty of Knowledge from level ups and artifacts. You don't need to spam the spells all over the place, and if you can reach any point on the map at any time, then you're likely to find wells in your path.

>>1487401
Unleashing the Bloodthirsty.

>> No.1493962

Are you supposed to be unable to scroll the map while using Dimensional Door?

>> No.1495037
File: 21 KB, 238x231, 1385848707436.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1493962
yes its for balance reasons

>tfw watching the ai teleport ona single square between the underground cave wall and a mountain
>tfw taking that ai's town
>tfw he has no mana to teleport back
>tfw he cant regenerate his mp so he dies in 7 days

>> No.1495047
File: 999 KB, 250x251, 1386506251089.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1493962
Do you even think the game would be remotely playable if every fucker with Dimension Door could jump from one side of the map to the other?

>> No.1495080

Not a single mention of Horn of the Abyss?

Pirates: 1
4chan: 0

>> No.1498637
File: 2.05 MB, 4004x1600, YeOldeLordSandro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1479192
>ctrl+f
>no sandro

You had one job.

>> No.1498806
File: 8 KB, 109x101, 1382130277452.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1394290
Why is Sandro so fucking hot?

>> No.1500389

>be 10 years old
>don't know how to end turn
>buy new hero every time
>rinse and repeat until money runs out
>restart map

Why was I so bad and video gmaes

>> No.1500485
File: 413 KB, 464x700, 1370292019178.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1500389

>> No.1500589

>>1500389
I see your sillyness and I raise you a retard.

>Be 8 years old
>Don't know how to close the ''battle aftermath'' pop-up
>End up restarting the computer, thinking it froze

>> No.1502853
File: 1.74 MB, 300x290, 1362409506525.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1500389

>> No.1503490

>>1500389
I got the game when I was around 10 aswell.
I even finished 2 campaigns of the game.
Now I sometimes play scenario maps which I loved then to feel the nostalgia.

>> No.1505191

>>1503490
Nostalgia is the weirdest thing. I've reinstalled this game about two years ago and have been playing it actively since, but I still get a rush of nostalgia every now and then if I hear a sound.

>> No.1506029
File: 535 KB, 600x768, 1395753871613.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Forced to choose between Eagle Eye and Scholar for main hero's last skill slot
>Find a witch hut with Tactics two turns later

>> No.1506292
File: 1.92 MB, 320x180, 1376761927379.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Have a Witch Hut with Estates right next to my castle
>Two more huts with Tactics and Armorer
>It takes me an eternity to find the last remaining castle of the enemy
>There's a goddamn Legion of Hydra in front of the small passage to reach the castle. Apparently the enemy had a 'teleport to town' -spell
>Attack the hydras, get my ass handed on a silver platter
>Luckily I managed to re-recruit the same hero from a tavern, with his artifacts
>Start waiting for years, explore the rest of the map
>Managed to find the whole Statue of the Legion at some point. More troops, cheers
>Return to the Zounds of Hydra. Finally manage to beat it with one of my two main heroes
>Did I mention that the last enemy was sitting inside a Necropolis?

>> No.1506297

>>1506292
At that point I'd have started an Armageddon suicide wave strategy with any hero you could get to wisdom3. Charge in with a l1, cast, rehire when possible. Works wonders for gaining advantage in long games.

>> No.1506737
File: 32 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What are everyone's thoughts on Cove?

>> No.1508292

>>1506292
>>1506297
Expert Berserk the Hydras if possible; that's the go-to strategy for all your "huge-ass roadblock" problems.

>> No.1508313

>>1506737
I bought the complete edition 6 months ago, but I've never seen any creatures like that in the game. What's this about?

>> No.1508325

>>1508313
It's from Horn of the Abyss, a Russian fan-made mod. This came out in English recently

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830

>> No.1508326

>>1508313
It's a mod by the Russians, and the russians fucking love HOMM3.

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=26298

>> No.1510632
File: 2.13 MB, 311x164, Sandro casts magic missile.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1510695

What do you guys think of the other campaings besides Swadow of Death in HoMM 3?
What did you think about Restoration of Erathia and Blade of Armageddon?

>> No.1513846
File: 121 KB, 800x750, sandro husbando.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1498806
7000 skeletons.

>> No.1513975
File: 380 KB, 1722x836, h5art.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

;_;

>> No.1514254
File: 3 KB, 102x125, 1395548338688.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Defeat enemy hero in campaign
>Manage to recruit them the week after
>Deemer, Level 35 Warlock, Specialty: Meteor Storm
>Expert Scholar
>Expert First Aid
>Expert Estates
>Expert Fire Magic
>No Earth Magic
>No spells above Level 3
AI, please.

>>1510695
Restoration of Erathia is entertaining but the difficulty is all over the place. Armageddon's Blade is more consistent except for a few really annoying parts.

>> No.1514442

Anyone know how to change the HotA font back to normal HoMM3 one?

>> No.1514458
File: 215 KB, 1152x883, HotA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1514442

Ah nevermind, found a fix here: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=39830&PID=1190225#focus

Anyway, really like the look of the mod. Seems to add to the game nicely.

>> No.1514615

>>1514458
How do you work HotA with HD without it crashing? I can't even get past day 1 if I try running it on HD.

>> No.1514625

>>1514615

I just installed HoMM3 from gog, installed latest HotA then installed HD mod. I did have to use the option in HD mod to make a new exe for HD HotA and have to play in window mode. Haven't had any probs so far.

>> No.1516781

>read that Era II mod has a plugin called "Better AI"
>download Era to try it
>turns out the plugin just gives the AI a bunch of bonuses like extra stats and random free towns

>> No.1517026
File: 200 KB, 537x444, DatPrice.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Suffer severe nostalgia attack
>Install WoG
>Decide to play with 5500 power liches
>Start with Moandor
>Quick glance at the map
>Mausoleum to the south
>Dragon Graveyard to the west
>Spectral Vault to the north

Based RNG, but how the FUCK am I suppose to afford Dracoliches, Blood dragons and Power Liches at the same time?!

>> No.1517031

>>1517026
Well tbh, level 10 units are just not worth it imo, especially compared to lvl 8. Like, Azure Dragon costs about as much as 3 supreme archangels and 6 archangels.
I mean they are fun, but come on.

>> No.1517036

>>1517031

I guess I can always leave Few dracoliches with Vampire lords to guard towns.

But fuck me, I want to have them all so badly now that I got Archery and 5% bow.

Then again Moandor + Archery + Power Liches + Dracoliches is basically an autowin, so there wouldn't be any point in playing.

>> No.1517076

Is it possible to run HOMM3? on Win 7/8?
Since Microsoft will no longer support XP looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade.

>> No.1517082

>>1436587
But it looks like shit and doesn't have that drawn charm

>> No.1517121

>>1517076

Running perfectly fine on Win 7 64-bit along with WoG and HD.

>> No.1517738

>>1517076
It should, i'm using hd mod with wog and it works like gold, and did so before. If not, GOG is your friend. Or you can also try VCMI, which should work 100%, but isn't still quite up to the top standard.

>> No.1518998

Maybe you can help me /vr/.
I have the GOG install of this game and it works just fine, but if I install the HD patch it suddenly has no sound at all when I play through that.
I can't really figure out what the problem is.

>> No.1519561

>>1518998
check the sound levels in the game options
at the last HD update it gone for me too
my last idea was this

then looking at it, both the sound and music lvl was at the lowest..

>> No.1519719
File: 261 KB, 735x582, fly.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>wut m8

>> No.1519728

>>1519719
You cannot stop on inpassable terrain even with Fly.

>> No.1520094
File: 482 KB, 800x600, jeddite.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Replaying this game for the first time in... years. And I'm having so much fun. It's good to find an old game that is as good as you remember it to be.

Anyway, I'm wrapping up my first scenario. A 8 player free for all. It's also fun to play it now, when I actually understand what's going on. I cannot understand how I kept losing on easy when I was small. Then again I was retarded.

Pic related, it's the army I'm bringing to the final battle.

>> No.1520101

>>1520094

Why are you wearing the collar of conjuring and not the Angel Bliss Necklace or whatever it's called?

>> No.1520105

>>1520101
No good reason really. I'm carrying 39 artefacts and I haven't been keeping track of what all of them do. Thanks for telling me though, The Celestial Necklace of Bliss seems much better.

>> No.1520116

>>1520105
You should also swap the +spell duration ring for the +luck/morale ring you have, 4 troop types causes some pretty bad morale issues. The +SP restoration misc artifact you have is useless when you're sitting at 2x max SP, swap it for literally anything. The bowstring increases archery skill's effect, but you don't HAVE archery skill. The cloak of +resistance skill also doesn't do anything on a hero without that skill.

>> No.1520136

>>1520116
>4 troop types causes some pretty bad morale issues
I did not know that, though when you say it, it does explain my morale problems.

And I'll do everything else you said as well. Thanks a lot. I won't be needed in that scenario, seeing as I finished the last battle in one round (chain lightning is brutal), but I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks a lot.

I've also been thinking about trying out my favourite town (besides Dungeon) from when I was little, Tower.

Any good tips or ideas for playing Tower? Any recommended heroes? I've only done a Necropolis and a Dungeon scenario since I started playing this great game again.

>> No.1520170

>>1520136
You can figure out your morale modifiers by opening up a creature's statblock and right-clicking on the morale symbol.

Even though it mentions troops of different "alignment" as a bonus/penalty, it's false. Even if you have Tower, Rampart, and Castle units (all canonically Good) it will still cause a hefty morale hit.

>> No.1520190

>>1520136
To be exact, you get +1 morale if you have only one town's troops (all castle), no modifier for two different towns, and -1 for EACH extra faction beyond that. Throw in an extra penalty if there's undead because dead people are icky. So your four faction army was getting -2 morale.

>> No.1520198

>>1520136
Tower? Solmyr wrecks shit early game, later that one hero with armorer (Neela). As for the battle - you generally want to cast mass slow, then wreck shit. Generally you probably want to fight on your own half of the battlefield, Tower is rather slow and has only two mediocre flyers.

>> No.1520309
File: 6 KB, 82x82, Shiva.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

oh hi guys, op here lol the thread still lives

>>1479192
pic related, best heroes chick

>>1479581
good choice, shes my knightfu

>>1486057
>rampart
>attractive
pick one

>>1486109
but anon she has no legs/vagina! Give her some money and she'll turn into a dude.

>>1486115

constanza.jpg

>>1498806
>>1513846
>>1510632

>tfw i'll never really be a succesful wizard studying necromancity
>tfw no qt Vidomina gf
>tfw will never trick some idiots into doing my dirty work inorder to create the most powerful combination of artifacts that ever existed
>tfw no legions of liches

w-why do i even live?

>>1506029
>>1506292

oyy veyy, its like another shoah!
>>1506737
its bad

>>1513975
;_;

>>1514254
>play an allied map on heroes 4 on dificulty where its supposed to be the computer's best
>ai ally spends the whole game performing genocide on the land's creatures/monster banks
>ai only uses creature based armies without heroes
>collects artifacts but doesent give them to his heroes
>wastes tons and tons of xp, has a dozen of low level pleb heroes
>gets wrekt by enemy ai
>i rape the ai with my 25fth Barbarian General waifu (pic related) acompanied by a pack of cyclops and several behemoths

>>1517026
>>1517036

Mirth my good goy.

>>1520136
focurs on shooting down everyone with your titans/archmages/master gremlins, use golems and gargoyles as tanks, naga as damage dealers and genies as light cavalry/support casters (to prevent heavy losses during easy fights) use lotsa spells

>> No.1520328

Dream Heroes game anybody?
HoMM III core;
HoMM IV Artifact variety, Adventure map, map editor and campaign writing (mostly);
HoMM V active hero, skill wheel idea, alt upgrades;
HoMM II idea of uneven upgrades, plot level,

>> No.1521646

>>1520170
Oh man, you know what ticked me off? Sharpshooters are a different faction from the Castle/Tower/Rampart units they're promoted from, so you've got Gelu and his Rampart buddies and some conservatory gives you some Angels and suddenly your troops are freezing left and right. Same with the Tower campaign and Enchanters. Fuck morale.

>> No.1522054

>>1520136
Tower is a relatively expensive faction, so if you're not that familiar with the game it might be recommendable to play on a rich map/template, like Jebus Cross.

>> No.1522130

>>1521646
Well that is kinda why Leadership is near-mandatory ability, unless you want to cramp your equipment with like a dozen artifacts. Contrary to popular opinion, having an army of single faction is not the way to go, unless you are in early mid-game (when you start to get your higher tiers).

>> No.1522423

>>1520328
HoMM 3 core and artifacts
HoMM 4 map editor
HoMM 5 hero skills, upgrades, town development, artifacts and (maybe) graphics.
HoMM 2 graphics

>> No.1522467
File: 5 KB, 58x64, Hero_Thant.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Legitimate question from a beginner multi player here

What are some good strategies against someone with Thant as a main hero?

I usually play with Rampart, main Ivor, second Kyrre. I find Ivor to be able to dispatch strong mobs early on, so would setting up a game with strong monsters level the playing field, and maybe, let my Ivor level much quicker than Thant?

What about some strategies against him from other castles?

>> No.1522882

>>1522467
Just like with any necro hero. Maybe you worry about vampire lords even more (so focus them even harder). But generally dont let necro snowball, ever. Which may just mean that you go and kill him as quick as possible. When it comes to battle, necro isnt blazing fast but will probably want to end up on your face, and slow is probably your best bet.

>> No.1522961

Just reinstalled 3 with Horn of the Abyss but on my toaster laptop it seems to run slow during combat, mostly during movement and attacks. Anyone know what's up?

>> No.1522964

>>1522961
also its probably worth mentioning that it runs WOG and Complete fine.

>> No.1523227

>>1522964
Probably some bad coding or sloppy animations. I also assume you dont have VCMI, as that one has worse optimization. But the game is literally 15 years old, so its really strange.

>> No.1523736

>>1522467
What >>1522882 said, you have to strike him early with those starting Elves or he'll snowball. That's just how Necro is - given time and proper play, they WILL become impossible to handle.

Thant isn't even the top of the heap in Necropolis - Galthran and Isra are harder to handle, IMO.

>> No.1524524

>>1523736
Speaking of impossible to handle, has any of you ever fought with somoene who could reliably demon farm or did it himself? I never seem to really grasp it well, and supposedly it actually makes inferno a real faction.

>> No.1524602

>>1522961
As >>1523227 said, it's probably animations. Things like pools in the middle of the battlefield are animated and they slow down computers.

>> No.1525470

>>1524524
Care to elaborate on that demon farming?

>> No.1525665

>>1525470
You sacrifice your Imps, Gogs, Hellhounds (optionally) and any units that joined you (from other dwellings, from Diplo, etc.) in fights and ressurect them as Demons, using the Pit Lord ability. Rinse and repeat until you achieve critical mass of demons. It's based off HP - 1 demon is 35 HP, 9 imps = 1 demon (but with items that increase HP, 7 imps = 1 demon and so on). So it's like Poor Man's Necropolis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm-y2b48Y3k endfight example

>> No.1525673

>>1525665
i thought those demons last only until the end of the current battle

>> No.1525687

>>1525673
Nope, otherwise that would be really pointless and Inferno would be shit tier.

One thing to note, though - do not upgrade Demons to Horned Demons until you're done farming them.

>> No.1525716

Map editing: is there any way of making the terrain/map elements based on what town the player chooses? (or what gets chosen by random)

I wanted to make maps since a long time, but this thing always annoys me, for example a desert themed area, player there gets a tower, making a grass themed area the one there gets a necropolis, etc..and the whole thing is off then

not just because of the looks, but the units won't get the speed boost what they should get, according to their town

>> No.1525738

This seems like a fairly good saga. I used to play as a kid but I barely remember anything.

So, how can I get into it again? Where do I start?

>> No.1525974

Homm3 crashed and now my audio is broke. Shit.

>> No.1526714

>>1525974
You could replace your audio files if you happen to have a backed up copy of em.

>> No.1526931

>>1525716

Nope, unfortunately no way to do that. Really annoys me too, starting on wrong terrain.

>> No.1526967

>>1525716
Not really. Random map do that, but that's about it. The only thing you can kind of do is to set dwellings to match certain towns. A shame, really.
>>1525738
Well, if you care about plot, you can start with II (I isnt THAT important). If not, II still can be kinda interesting, but you could just go straight to III with HD mod. I dont reccomed starting with WoG, even though I like it personally.

>> No.1527097

>>1525716
just make each area preset per race,for example put player 1 as castle in grassland player 5 as inferno in ashlands etc, leave all player slots open

>>1525738
heroes 3 ofcourse

>> No.1527128

>>1506737
level 1 units are absolutely useless, their death rate is higher than of wolf raiders'.

Nix and double upgraded level 3 units are fucking OP.

Side note for HotA users: if you install the mod next to WoG, then WoG might crash if you select a new game. The issue can be fixed by removing the HotA only maps from the Maps folder.

>> No.1527337

>>1525687
>and Inferno would be shit tier
>implying it isn't still

>> No.1527369

I'm looking for a certain map, guys.
XL from SoD and it had all the combined artifacts in it. There was a certain place for every combined artifact on the map where you could find all the individual parts to form it, but it was tough to get to those places. you needed to make quests or defeat strong monsters.

Anyone know?

>> No.1529658
File: 26 KB, 210x226, h3_death_knight_straker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1498806
I find Straker to be somewhat arousing

and that terrifies me

>> No.1529660

>>1520309
>MassiveFaggot.jpg

>> No.1530407

>>1527337
It's playable and you have a chance with it against some towns. It's not a complete joke town, just low tier.

>> No.1530546
File: 52 KB, 502x455, 1395570638160.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1529660
what did I do, anon?

>> No.1531865

>>1529658
Straker is strangely handsome, isn't he? Also strangely effective, since zombies never seem to get targeted and just build up over the course of the game.

>> No.1532058

>>1531865
>Trying to defend zombies
Man, don't.
I tried too, but the cons just overwhelms what's good in them (numbers and good hp).
Their terrible speed is enough to never carry them in an army EVER. Then we can see their awful stats, skeletons are better in all but hps. and that's sad for a tier 2.

>> No.1533223

>>1532058
Hey, at least they're good to prolong sieges for extra tower shots?

>> No.1533467

>>1532058
That's the thing, though. Straker's bonus turns zombies into a workable, if mediocre, tier 2. And because nothing ever targets them and no other hero wants to waste a slot on them, they rapidly accumulate until they're like a second stack of skeletons for you to play with.

>> No.1533520

What are the best Necropolis Heroes? I feel Galthran is the strongest.

>> No.1533847

>>1533467
Isra, Galthran, Vidomina. Thant on smaller maps where you don't have time to snowball. Aislinn, but that's more Meteor Storm spec being nasty in general.

>> No.1534332

>>1533467
The main problem with Straker is that if you random him as a starting hero then instead of an useful pack of skeletons (25-30) you start of with 5 zombies instead.

Most heroes that specialize in tier 2 units suffer from that. Piquedram and Ufretin aren't your friends, ever. Tyraxor, Valeska and maybe Calh are alright, though.

>> No.1534354

New to HOMM3 here.

Is it normal that I'm getting my rectum pounded by Armageddon's Blade?

>> No.1534360

>>1534354
You mean the campaigns?
The campaigns in AB tend to be pretty tricky especially comparing to the cakewalk that was Restoration of Erathia, but most of the time it just comes down to figuring out spell tactics.
Whenever you're upon a roadblock like throng of naga queens on your way (happens in one mission), you just Expert Berserk to win, etc.

>> No.1534379

>>1534360
Faerie dragons man...

>> No.1534389

>>1534379
Yeah, they are kind of a bitch to handle. But still, probably one of my favourite capaigns.

>> No.1534695

>>1534354
>>1534379
Take 1 mage and the 100 iron golems you can bring along from map 1, then just soak up the first round of spells. Once you get a turn, cast anti magic on the golems, and then when the faeries try to melee you, just meteor shower them to death.

>> No.1534725

>>1534360
Restoration has a few missions where the difficulty suddenly skyrockets. AB is much more consistent, even if harder overall.

>>1534695
Pretty much sound advice. You can also hit up refugee camps and try to grab some Phoenixes, which will let you hit the faeries with Berserk before they have a chance to move.

>> No.1535154

>Find Westeros map
>Whynot.jpg
>make a multiplayer game to see all my choices
>every playable faction is castle
>each faction has two starting heroes
>no Stannis faction at start
>Renly and Brienne
>Brienne has fucking eagle eye as her specialty
>The maker of the map actually gave a custom hero eagle eye

>> No.1536592
File: 1.36 MB, 294x329, 1395418973223.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1535154

>> No.1536613

>>1533223
>>1533467
Fact is, you are using a special and a specific hero development ONLY to make the worst tier 2 into the worst, but not completely worst, tier 2.
Literally everything, even another stack of tier 1, is better than zombies. The only excuse you can have to bring them is if you literally don't have any other creatures aviable for important battles.
Of course, you are free to like zombies and try to make the best out of them, but they'll never be able to be a decent tier 1, let alone a tier 2.

>> No.1536675

>>1536613
Yeah. I think the only case in which you can kinda understand using a hero that makes shitty units less shitty is that Planeswalker with Earth Elementals spec, which actually does make them somewhat usable.

>> No.1536746

>>1535154

Did you get it from maps4heroes?

Have dl that one as well, but didn't start playing yet.

>> No.1536879

>>1520328
Heroes V spell effects.
God damn, I played dungeon just to spam those Fireballs, Meteor Showers, Armageddon and Implosions.

>> No.1539343

>XL map
>Swamp
>Flag all creature dwellings
>Time limit
>No DD

Fuck you, Playing With Fire.

>> No.1542520

>>1539343
That campaign as a whole was just full of bullshit.
>Didn't get townportal on map 1? Enjoy ineffectually chasing the enemy heroes all over this giant fucking map!
Thanks game.

>> No.1542565

>>1539343

god what a shitty, tedious campaign that was, right below Dragonslayer and that Sylvian one where your main hero has fucking first aid tent as a specialty and always gathers shitty skills

>> No.1542613

>>1539343
Also the whole thing where you're supposed to fight Necropolis with a Fortress hero specialising in Fire magic.

>> No.1543024

>>1517026
Sorry to ask this here, but where can I find the version with the dracoliches? I have WoG but it's probably an outdated version since I have never seen those creatures and can't find them in the map editor.

>> No.1543436

>>1542565
>that Sylvian one where your main hero has fucking first aid tent as a specialty and always gathers shitty skills
The first one in Shadow of Death, right? It would be more bearable if they at least let you build up mage guilds, instead of being stuck at level 3 while Aislinn spams Meteor Storm and Animate Dead all day.

>>1542613

>> No.1544368

Hey, just wanted to notify you guys that all the first HoMM games are on a discount today on GoG.com. I just picked up 2&3 to replace my lost CDs. Also don't forget to vote for Unreal pack.

>> No.1545310

>>1544368
>Heroes 3 complete for less than 3 euros
HELL YES, gonna recover this gem of my childhood right now.
I loved playing with Dungeon, never tried the adventure mode though.

>> No.1546347

>>1545310
I'm not really sure what you mean by Adventure mode.

>> No.1546501

>>1546347
The story mode, campaign mode?
That thing with the chick in his tent waging war or something, it had cool cutscenes for the time (probably one of my first cutscenes ever)

>> No.1547027

>>1546501
Oh, the campaign. Loads of fun, if you're going to try you should start with the Restoration of Erathia before the other two, as those are really difficult for someone just starting out.

>> No.1547731

>>1547027
I've bough the complete version, and after the tutorial i've started the first level of the Restoration of Erathia.
It's as fun as i remembered it, even though humans aren't my favourite faction, i'm still enjoying them a lot (marksmen rock!)
And all those single player maps, to complete them all it'll take months, and for less than 3 euros it seems the best deal i've made this year.
The only doubt i have is: the first mission says that i can carry over ten heroes to the next scenario: should i go for all the trouble of making them all reach maximum level and stat enhancer buildings? Or is it fine to have one main hero and one or two minion heroes with level capped?

>> No.1547734

>>1547731
>ten
or eight, or six, i don't rememeber now

>> No.1548540

So just began playing this game and I am really loving it, my only issue though I am trying campaign on hard and I am having no problems destroying an enemy hero or two in Shadow of death- new beginnings but then I see some heros that have 3 undead dragons 17 of those cool death knights and they're pretty much raping me because all I have is 5 unicorns loadsa dwarfs 2 dragons and my spells are pretty weak.

Any tips people can give?

>> No.1548549

>>1547731
It's kinda tiresome to level them all up. I usually do the three I like the most.

Plus RoE is pretty easy.

>> No.1548560

>>1547731
I never bother with grinding the heroes that aren't my main when I've nearly completed a level. I guess it depends: are you using your other heroes to fight as well as your main or are they only there to pick up stuff your main left behind and carry troops towards your main?

>> No.1548564

>>1548540
If you're not too far into the campaign you might want to consider doing the Restoration of Erathia campaigns first, as they are easier. In what order are you building your town, and how early/late in the game are you getting your anus torn?

>> No.1548592

>>1548564
In 6th week I am getting my ass torn, in the first 3 or maybe 4 weeks, my dwarfs centaurs and pegasi pretty much win the battles, but after 5th week they started getting the dragons and I couldn't catch up because lack of gems really slowed me down.
My build in that mission was 2 centaur places followed by 2 dwarf places then get the +1000 gold .
I'll probably start the other campaign since I am still trying to get a hang of the game.

>> No.1548651

>>1548560
Definetly the second thing you said.
To fight i only use one main hero, maybe i let some other hero have fights when my main one has reached the cap, but that's it.
I guess i'll stick with 2-3 good heroes only, thanks guys.

>> No.1549603

>>1548549
It's advantageous to transfer all you can anyway since you can just trade their starting troops off to your main hero and dismiss. I think there are a few missions where it randoms in empty transfer slots but not all of them.

>>1548592
Where are your Grand Elves in all this? First week get Town Hall -> Homestead -> Castle, then Upg. Homestead at the start of week 2 and go from there.

>> No.1551189

this is the only thread that matters

>> No.1551439

>>1551189
And I love you all for it.

>> No.1553245

>>1539343
>>1542520
>>1542565
>>1542613

fugg the last mission of the campiagn was the worsh tho

>>1543024
are you sure you are using the WoG editor and not the vanila one?

>>1548540
Make sure you buff your hero to the max (visit all +stats buildings, learn all spells, reach max level) before finishing one scenario, by the end of the campaign your dude will be visibly tougher.

>>1548592
whoa dude, always get Gold first, ALWAYS

>> No.1553714

>>1553245
>fugg the last mission of the campiagn was the worsh tho
It was very challenging, but if you managed to reach the point where the enemy's mains were all defeated and you could steamroll the entire map it was so satisfying.

>whoa dude, always get Gold first, ALWAYS

>gold
>not early army

>> No.1555553

>>1553245
>>1553714
The last mission is easy. You just use the garrison units to rush half the map and then use a second hero to start sieging while the first Town Portals around. It might have been different if the AI were competent but the AI sucks at Necro and just divides its units between all of those 20+ heroes so it's never a threat.

>>1553714
Early army only works when starting on equal terms, not for campaigns where the computer starts with a two hundred Zealots and four hundred Griffons.

>> No.1555805

>>1555553
>Early army only works when starting on equal terms, not for campaigns where the computer starts with a two hundred Zealots and four hundred Griffons.
Fair enough, but you don't know with what kind of army the enemy has got in this case, right?

>> No.1556147

>>1555805
Nope. You know that he has an advantage (meta-thinking, i know, but you DO know), either by the dialogues of the map or simply because otherwise the campaign would be too easy.
90% of campaign maps have enemy heroes with more starting troops than you, and building up is more important than rushing, since rushing there means losing on week 3.
Basically what >>1555553 said.

>> No.1557409

>>1395306
http://www.celestialheavens.com/

The Dark Continent is one of my favourite maps and one of the few maps I've downloaded that I liked.
XL homm3 map.

>> No.1557418

>>1406373
Agreed.

Sorcery is just too inefficient compared to Intelligence and outside of combat you can use a lot of fucking spell points.

Intelligence increases the effectiveness of one of your primary stats by 100%. Sorcery increases it by 15%.
I almost always pick Spell Power over Knowledge though.

>> No.1557462

>>1556147
Except when I'm going army, I am in no need to "rush". I can claim the whole map for myself with all those units I have, complete with all the artifacts, towns, pandora boxes, crypts, fly nests, gryphon conservatories etc. etc. and then proceed to build up a huge economy on my spoils of war, produce more units and win.

If I'm going to wage a battle on week 3, I'd rather have a few weeks worth of level 6 units over a Capitol.

>>1557418
>>1406373
Intelligence is a terrible skill because you never need that many spell points. No, not even if you're abusing Dimension Door/Town Portal (no guarantee you'll have those spells either). Wells and resting in town are all available; all you need to do is micromanage properly and not spam it just because. Once it comes down to the ultimate final duel between you and enemy main, Intelligence will be fucking useless because you don't need a huge mana pool to cast Mass Favourite Buff and Mass Fuck You.

Sorcery specialists are actually your best bet if you want a magic hero main because they'll give you the most damage output on your spells -- and the only reason to pick a mage main is to nuke people.

>> No.1557510

>>1557462
But nuking SUCKS compared to support magic unless troop counts are crazy low or it's really early.

>> No.1557513
File: 14 KB, 717x463, math.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1557462
>No, not even if you're abusing Dimension Door/Town Portal

>> No.1558039

>>1557510
Yeah, which is why magic heroes are inferior.
They're strong as early game heroes -- a good magic arrow or Luna's firewalls make creeping a breeze, but later on you could have Attack/Defense -AND- adequate support magic.

>>1557513
Doesn't take Expert Magic into account, which lowers mana costs quite heavily.
You can't even cast Dimension Door 4 times without Expert Air either.
There's just so many ways to replicate Intelligence much better, be it a high Knowledge artifact (look out for those Utopias) and Mana Vortex, or just visiting a well.

>> No.1558352

What do the enthusiasts here think of HotA?

>> No.1558550

So just playing the campaign mission where I have to give some boots back and there are a lot of tents blocking the gates.

Everything was going fine but by 4th week this Yamika Necro hero comes with 40 liches 50 vamps, 9 ghost dragons 3 skele dragons and 30 riders.

No matter what I do I keep losing I even tried stalling and making more units but she ended up with 90 soldiers 40 ghost dragons and 180 vamp lords.

Any tips, all other campaign missions have been difficult but fairly fair this one just seems crazy unless I avoid her and go for the boots.

>> No.1558752

>>1558039
>which lowers mana costs quite heavily.
Did not remember that and saw no mention of it on the site I looked up.
How much does it lower the mana cost?

>You can't even cast Dimension Door 4 times without Expert Air either.
>>No, not even if you're abusing Dimension Door/Town Portal
This comment already implies earth magic and air magic so that point is moot.

>There's just so many ways to replicate Intelligence much better,
Much much easier to replicate socery since it's just a 15% increase you're trying to catch up from compared to a 100% increase.

> be it a high Knowledge artifact (look out for those Utopias)
Already added a knowledge artifact into the calculations.
And despite that you can't even cast 4 dimension doors, 2 town portals and 1 spell like berserk in combat. Sure the cost would be lower, I missed that, but then you'd still barely be able to cover it and you'd probably cast more than 1 combat spell a turn. You'd also be severly limited in your movement compared to if you had intelligence, since you can't afford to end a turn outside a town.

>> No.1559197

>>1558550
I remember this one, just don't stay in base it's actually one of the few missions where going out early will save your ass, you should aim to destroy purple by 2nd week or 3rd max.

>> No.1559513

>>1558752
>How much does it lower the mana cost?

DD becomes 20 MP, Town Portal is 12 and Berserk becomes 16. Not unsubstantial at all.

>Much much easier to replicate socery since it's just a 15% increase you're trying to catch up from compared to a 100% increase.

Well, Offense and Armorer each give "only" 15% Attack+Defense increase, but they're some of the most important secondary skills in the game. Intelligence is not.

The thing about Intelligence is that you will never notice it until you go over a certain amount of mana points - it doesn't make your monsters hit stronger, your spells work longer or better and it isn't a requirement to cast powerful level 5 spells either.

For every spell you use on a nuke (and if you're building a mage, you're going to end up relying on nukes like Magic Arrow - you're going to want to win early game before the might hero simply outscales you), Sorcery will make it a tad bit stronger.

And let's compare Sorcery specialists to an Intelligence specialist like Elleshar - so the latter can have over a thousand mana points. Well, so what? By the time he makes use of that, Malekith's Magic Arrows will help him win encounters. Due to the math involved, Sorcery specialists will, with time, be much better at nuking than fan-favorite spell specialists like Deemer or Solmyr, because spell specialists don't really get shit other than starting with an overpriced spell in their book (Loynis, Jeddite, Alamar, Ciele and Luna being honorable mentions). (Nuking still sucks, but it's just for the sake of argument).

With all of the aforementioned, you'll never be able to outnuke Malekith, but you will make his Intelligence obsolete by simply killing him, taking his Dungeon and visiting a Mana Vortex therein.

>You'd also be severly limited in your movement compared to if you had intelligence, since you can't afford to end a turn outside a town.

There also exist Wells. Also, best endfight spells remain very low cost.

>> No.1559531

>>1559513
Also, ideally I'd never have Sorcery or Intelligence even if I were building a spellcaster. But given that mages tend to get choices like Mysticism vs Eagle Eye instead of useful shit like Tactics or Armorer, I'm just saying I'd take Sorcery over Intelligence. Mana is barely ever a restriction, especially once you've cleared the map and are heading for your final fight with like 20 knowledge in tow.

>> No.1559607

>>1559513
>Well, Offense and Armorer each give "only" 15% Attack+Defense increase, but they're some of the most important secondary skills in the game. Intelligence is not.
That's because you don't understand the formulas for stuff like attack skill, and armorer.

Armorer doesn't make your defense skill 15% better.
Then it would suck.
It decreases the incoming damage by 15% instead.
Attack Skill is measured against defense skill and multiplies the damage with a value between 0,3 and 3.
If the Attack Skill is so immense that your Defense Skill is useless then you'd still benefit from Armorer since it multiplies the value after that with (1-0,15) depending on your skill.

Also you got the numbers wrong.
Offense goes up to 30%, it's just armorer that goes up to 15%. Still it's not the primary attributes they're buffing like intelligence.
You can have 0 Defense skill and Expert Armrorer is still great.

>The thing about Intelligence is that you will never notice it until you go over a certain amount of mana points - it doesn't make your monsters hit stronger, your spells work longer or better and it isn't a requirement to cast powerful level 5 spells either.
With your improved casting point economy you'll have more map control which leads to more resources and creatures. Just the same way something logistics is good. Sure Logistics doesn't help you in the fight, but it helps you around it.

>For every spell you use on a nuke (and if you're building a mage, you're going to end up relying on nukes like Magic Arrow - you're going to want to win early game before the might hero simply outscales you), Sorcery will make it a tad bit stronger.
Ah yes, a level 13 wizard has an average of 6 spell power, with expert sorcery it's casts spells like if it had .. 6.9 spell power.

>> No.1559628

>>1559513
>And let's compare Sorcery specialists to an Intelligence specialist like Elleshar
Why? I have no preference for intelligence specialities. I more often play with sorcery specialists as a way to push stuff like armaggedon. It's still the sorcery specialists intelligence that gives it's mobility and lasting power.

>Sorcery specialists will, with time, be much better at nuking than fan-favorite spell specialists like Deemer or Solmyr
Wouldn't surprise me if they do, but the concern there isn't who casts it better rather than who can cast it now. You can do a lot with chain lightning early on, and it's great if you can guarantee animate dead with Thant.

>> No.1559673

>>1559607
>numbers wrong and stuff
Yes, yes, obviously. I wasn't trying to talk out of my ass, I merely rushed my post. Thanks.

>>1559607
>a level 13 wizard has an average of 6 spell power, with expert sorcery it's casts spells like if it had .. 6.9 spell power.

An average 13 level might hero will have 6 spell power from artifacts alone. I'd assume a good, Spell Power focused mage class like a Warlock would have more at this point. Then again, it's kind of a matter of what ifs.
Also, Sorcery doesn't make your spell power skill directly better either. Expert Sorcery Haste doesn't get any better from normal Haste. An AoE nuke is probably going to be more convincing (though still negligible).

>With your improved casting point economy you'll have more map control which leads to more resources and creatures. Just the same way something logistics is good. Sure Logistics doesn't help you in the fight, but it helps you around it.

The thing is that with Logistics I'm going to use all of my movement points every turn, helping me fight more battles and snowball faster. With Intelligence or not, I'm likely to find a Well or end up resting in a city before I finish that mana pool. Mana is really only a problem if you can honestly predict that a few more points would make a difference on that particular turn and that you had no other options to manage your mana better.

>>1559628
Yeah, true about the spell specialists.

>> No.1560214

An Expert Sorcery Implosion at 20 Power will kill 345 Skeletons instead of 300. Whoop-de-fucking-doo?

>> No.1560241

>>1560214
If you've got 20 power on a magic hero, you're doing something terribly wrong anyways. Magic is for rushing, might is for lategame.

>> No.1560673

>>1559607
>It decreases the incoming damage by 15% instead.
Is that how it works? Wouldn't that mean that Tazar and other Armorer specialists are unable to get damaged when they reach level 20? (5% boost to Armorer per level, at level 20 you will have reached 100%) Because I'm fairly sure that's not how it works.

>> No.1560869

>>1560673
There's this picture of a sufficiently high level Tazar (though not 20)'s pikeman being attacked by 9999 Supreme Archangels and the Pikeman receiving no damage. Not sure just how high you have to pump your levels up though.

>>1560241
Never contested this being the case.

>> No.1560921

>>1560673
5% boost to Armorer per level, at level 20 you will have reached... 30%

>> No.1561304

>>1560921
Ah, so the 100% boost you get at level 20 applies to the 15%. I get it, thanks.

>>1560869
I know the picture, but that would require an obscenely high level, apparently. If my calculations are correct, you'd need to be level 133 at least, which you'd never reach in a normal game.