[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 131 KB, 1280x1730, lolboys.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1309085 No.1309085 [Reply] [Original]

I grew up withe the Gameboy/Color but I never ventured far outside of Pokemon and Zelda. I've played Metroid II, and the Dragon Quest Monsters games. what other Gameboy and Gameboy Color games are considered must plays?

>> No.1309764

...so I guess /vr/ doesn't like the Gameboy?

>> No.1309771

Final Fantasy Adventure (Mystic Quest in Europe). The first installment in the Mana series.

>> No.1309774

>>1309085
Mole Mania

/Thread
/Topic
/Board
/Internet

>> No.1309787

The Megaman games

>> No.1309806

Revelations: The Demon Slayer is a fun little game. It's actually a Megaten game, so you can expect demon conversations, recruiting, and fusing. If you like DQ, you'll probably like this.

Robopon is a nifty little Pokemon clone. Well, it's a bit more than that and good in its own way. You actually get a bit of customization options here with your robots and it's pretty fun when you get into it.

Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge is a good entry for portable Castlevania. The stage design is good, the mechanics are sound, and the music is worth a listen, too. Give it a shot.

Operation C is a good Contra game for the GB. There really isn't much to say here. It's all the shooting action you expect from a Contra game, except it's portable and has less colors. Interestingly enough, Way Forward seemed to use this game for inspiration when they designed Contra 4's weapon system upgrades.

Mega Man V is an original entry for the GB (and features TANGO THE CAT, someone I don't think has been seen since this game) and is well-worth playing. I don't know what else to say about it. It's Mega Man, and it's good.

Survival Kids is just what it sounds like. You pick a boy or a girl, then you have to survive on an island after a shipwreck. Fight enemies, cook food, fish, explore. It's all here! Series was continued as Lost in Blue, but I didn't like the two games I played as much as I liked this.

Have you dabbled in Nintendo's sidescrollers? They hit it out of the park every time starting with Super Mario Land 2. Donkey Kong 94, Wario Land (2/3 as well) are all worth playing. Nothing too hard here, but just solid, good platforming, and in the case of DK94, puzzle platforming.

Will post more if I think of any.

>> No.1309825

>>1309806
Survival Kids sounds an awful lot like Lost in Blue

>> No.1309836

>>1309825

It's the predecessor. IIRC, Lost in Blue is actually known as Survival Kids in Japan.

>> No.1309856

>>1309806
I thought I was the only one that played Revelations and Robopon.

I fucking love you.

>> No.1310365

>>1309856
This. Revelations is one of my favorite GB games ever.

>> No.1310776

All the warios. Metal walkers is good too