[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 58 KB, 256x179, Jet_Force_Gemini_box.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1291473 No.1291473 [Reply] [Original]

Egay auction ends in a couple hours, no bids at 99 cents

Is it worth trying to grab on the cheap? I've never played it. Game play videos seen promising

>> No.1291503

>>1291473
I didn't like it, but it's still a good game for the N64. Snipe it.

>> No.1291513

You shouldn't call attention to auctions you're planning to bid on..

>> No.1291517

Because you're so stupid OP, I'm posting the auction here for everyone's pleasure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jet-Force-Gemini-Nintendo-64-1999-Clean-and-Tested-/251405287920?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a88ec41f0

>> No.1291806

If you're gonna play this game, make sure to change the control settings to "expert". It doesn't make the game harder, it actually makes it more playable.

Good game, worth playing. Have in mind it requires a sort of collectathon mentality to beat the game because you have to save every single tribal in every level (something that pisses off a lot of people)

>> No.1291816

>>1291517
Oh that's not nice at all
But yes OP, buy it

>> No.1291835

OP you are an idiot for drawing.g attention to the Ebay auction. It is however a very fun game until you realize that you have to go back and save all the Tribals. I've never finished it because I got to the point then said fuck it and declared the game over. Very fun,though. And decent multiplayer although the camera gets wonky with 4 players due to the perspective.

>> No.1292558

>>1291473
It's fun to play with a buddy; one person controls the main character and the other controls Floyd, the little robot guy as a turret. Makes the game a lot easier if you're ever having trouble.

>> No.1292638

>>1291806
I finished collecting the tribals last night, and I'm clocked in at 12:16 game time. Not long at all, and it's kinda intrinsically tied to one of the best fucking aspects of the game: running around the levels with different characters and stumbling across secrets. I think a lot of people should give it another shot, honestly if you have any patience at all the tribal collecting is actually really fun. The true evil part of this game is forcing you to complete a Floyd mission to get one of the ship parts.

>> No.1292689

Great game, the backtracking aspect is a lot better than it sounds due to the differences in characters, but god damn the Tribal and ship part collection quest that defines the endgame is ass.

I think the game would've been vastly improved with its removal. But, then you'd probably wonder what purpose the Tribals serve other than their heads being more or less a reminder of all the collateral damage you've accrued...

>> No.1292893

Maybe I wanted to bump up the bids.
or I actually forgot to bid and missed it

>> No.1293013

>>1292689
The tribal/part collection is the core game, not the end game. Everything that happens before you meet up at Mizar's palace is basically the introduction. The game would have been much worse if the only thing going for it was the run-n-gun. Backtracking and hunting for new areas and ship parts and tribals is what makes the game.

>> No.1293028

>>1291517
> No one's bidding on op's auction
> I know what I'll do
> hurr durr guys kooky at this auction I'm gonna bid on
> its a cheap game and I don't know if its worth it
> evilgrin. jpeg
> /vr/ falling for this shit still

>> No.1293041

>>1293028
>/vr/ falling for this shit still
>auction has ended, no one bid on it