[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 75 KB, 400x280, AAAAAAAAA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1290440 No.1290440 [Reply] [Original]

Hey guys!
I'm a poor emulation user, with such a wealth of games I could play, but I find it hard to get excited about any of the games, whereas I can feel that way for new releases, and often end up disappointed.

What I thought we could try was we could each take a retro game we enjoy and try and "advertize" it as if it was the latest release to hopefully get new fans . I'll have a shot at it...

Do you enjoy walking to the right, taking on aliens (!), giant seafood (!?) and nazis? (just like gramps) What about some of the best pixel art/sprites you've ever seen?
Then you'll probably enjoy our dong-tinglingly manic [run-n-gun-4-fun] METAL SLUG 3! Available on Arcade, Neo Geo, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Xbox 360 (XBLA), Virtual Console, iOS, and Android, or as part of Metal Slug Anthology on PSP, PS2 or Wii.

>> No.1290461

what? you really need hype for a game to enjoy it?

>> No.1290470

I don't want to sound rude, but if "hype" is the only reason you enjoy something, then maybe you should reconsider your hobbies. For your own sake. The last thing /vr/ needs is to become an /m/-style flavor of the month faux-nostalgia bandwagon.

>> No.1290471

>>1290440
>Do you enjoy walking to the right
That is an awful sales pitch.

I understand where you're coming from, but narrow down the games you can play to games that you want to play. I try to pick some that aren't like Metal Slug although I love it to death and have a save system, and progress, etc. When you can't complete a game in one sitting you're more likely to become invested in it imo.

>> No.1290492

Just play the game man who cares, it's Metal Slug that's already hype as fuck.

>> No.1290902

>>1290471
>When you can't complete a game in one sitting you're more likely to become invested in it imo.
Good thing then, Metal Slug 3 takes an assload of investment to get good enough to do that.