[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 41 KB, 500x400, snessystem.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1275937 No.1275937[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Where do you buy your retro games online /vr/? I'm trying to get a SNES for a relatively good price online but every where has this thing listed for a ridiculous amount.

>> No.1277453

>>1275937
garage sales/consignment shops aside...

fucking ebay, sucks but it's your main option.

i got a few cheap cheap cheap games off jjgames . com to use as shells for my flashcarts, most shitty games are $1.50

>> No.1277461

I buy all my games from romhustler

>> No.1277464

>>1275937
I buy everything broken from ebay.

>> No.1277474

>>1277464
this guy knows whats up, if you have the know how you'll save big bucks.

i've gotten my NES, SNES and Genesis off ebay super cheap as 'untested, for parts/as is'

NES needed a new 72 pin connector, SNES just needed a good cleaning and the Genesis had some weird corrosion that shorted a trace to ground.

FIXED AND LOVING IT

>> No.1277478

Try eStarland. I found out about them by accident but they sell the SNES and all older consoles for a pretty fair price. Could be better for you that trying your luck at garage sales and flea markets. Everything I have bought from there I have been happy with.

>> No.1277482
File: 165 KB, 1600x1431, famicomd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Some crappy south american equivalent of Ebay, where all prices go through the roof. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I have to dig really deep in that place to find some decently-priced Famicom carts, most of the time they just have NES ones and bootlegs. If I had the money, I'd order some stuff from Ebay instead.

>> No.1277489

Ebay and patience. Or if you have technical skill you can buy broken and fix it. Most NES and SNES need a good cleaning or some simple soldiering

>> No.1277519

>>1277474
I got my 3DO for like $10, four or five SNES' for 3-5$ each, A lot of 35 Genesis' with varying issues for $50, and while not retro, I got a 3DS for $20.

The 3DO still doesn't work. I broke a gear testing it and haven't been able to find a suitable replacement.
The SNES' I bought for various friends, who did not at all expect them for such a low price, even after my repair fees.
The Genesis' were restored and sold for light profit each, (Fuck off, parts and labor aren't free) with only six of them being irreparably damaged.
The 3DS only needed a card reader, which was another $20.

Lot of other things, but those are the only ones I remember off the top of my head.
I strongly recommend learning how to repair them yourself so you don't have some evil person like me finding a system for you for $5 and charging an outrageous $3 repair fee ON TOP of any $1-2 parts fees. (Or just because it's a fun hobby.)

>> No.1277546

>>1277519
>(Or just because it's a fun hobby.)
i like you anon, you're good people.