[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 280 KB, 1024x1460, turrican_poster_eiswuxe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1250629 No.1250629[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

How awesome is this game seriously it needs its own thread because I don't see it getting enough praise around here. I never played any of the games as a kid but damn was I missing out they are awesome. Turrican thread I guess. Also tell me some games that are like turrican like rendering ranger. gunlord etc.

>> No.1250689
File: 17 KB, 256x240, oscar-4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Psycho-Nics Oscar, perhaps?
The old Turrican games ripped off a few things here and there.

>> No.1250704

>>1250689
yeah I was just looking at that one on hardcoregaming101 haha. I saw it on gamesack too and its in my backlog for sure. I used to have the BEST mame collection just like all awesome games from every year.

>> No.1250868
File: 65 KB, 640x654, Mark_(Westinghouse).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Since nobody is posting in this thread it's because you are all playing mega turrican right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE9yQ3Hn7-0

>> No.1250872

>>1250868
why this nigga face look like the first slice of bread

>> No.1251789

No love for turrican? Seriously what a casual board. You disappoint me /vr/

>> No.1251910

It's.. allright

>> No.1252414 [DELETED] 

You know what this board needs? Some more mario/zelda/FF circle jerking.

>> No.1252865

>>1252414
Nobody posts about this game. What shall I do? I know: trash-talking about popular games. That will show them to these filthy casuals.

>> No.1252879 [DELETED] 

>>1252865
everybody on /vr/ is a hipster and the only want to add that retro nerd aesthetic to their persona nobody actually likes retro games here unless its ones the commoners would have heard of otherwise they wont be impressed.

>> No.1252936

>>1252879
That post makes no sense.

>> No.1252950

>>1252936
I don't like anything on sega because nobody else knows what sega is so I wont be cool.

>> No.1254202

Yeah Turrican 2 on Amiga was great

Everything else, somewhat lacklustre

>> No.1254230
File: 219 KB, 512x284, [swaying intensifies].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>stage 1 theme in Mega Turrican
post yfw

>> No.1254235

>>1252936
“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.
It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).
You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.
The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.
Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.
tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

>> No.1254903

>>1254235
0/10 shittiest copy pasta of all time. Whoever wrote that is seriously fucking retarded. DURRR A TERM USED TO DESCRIBE PEOPLE CREATING THEIR OWN COUNTER CULTURE TO DIFFERENT SUB CULTURES MUST NOT EXIST. VIDEO GAME HIPSTERS DONT LOOK LIKE MUSIC HIPSTERS, THEREFORE HIPSTERS CAN NOT EXIST.

Then the stupid ass fucking excuse, HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY DONT ENJOY THINGS AS MUCH AS YOU DO JUST IN A DIFFERENT WAY DURRRRR. Well faggot if they were anything like me they would dedicate more of their time to what they love not dedicating more of their time to letting other people know.

Nobody identifys as an idiot. it is always applied to others. WAH WAH WAH you're a fucking idiot.

>> No.1256238

Finally I decided to give a try at Turrican francise. Played and finished Super Turrican few days ago and now I'm playing Super Turrican 2.