[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 100 KB, 250x250, 1385335301893.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1222861 No.1222861 [Reply] [Original]

So /vr/, we're here posting on an Otaku message board, at least some of us must know Japanese, right? Why haven't we started /vr/ translation projects? Would you guys want to? What games could we translate?

>> No.1222865

Translating something takes ridiculously much effort unless you're fluent as fuck.

>> No.1222868

Princess Crown but this probably will never happen

>> No.1222873

>>1222868
That game looks fun

>> No.1222875

Not that I know anything about hacking (besides it requiring a fair amount of skill and dedication), but a re-translation for Paladin's Quest would be interesting. I'm interested in seeing if there was anything more to the story since the game we got was quite sparse, particularly in the character development area. Of course there may not have been much anyway, which would mean having to write a story for it.

Hell, we could at least change the character profile pictures. Stayton's playthrough had some great drawings in it.

>> No.1222876

I'm not saying this doesn't belong here, but it would probably be much more successful in /jp/, or at least try to get some of those guys to help.

>>1222868
Yeah well saturn games aren't exactly easy to patch up. I don't know anything about it though, but seem like the ones that try come in contact with a lot of hurdles

>> No.1222930

>>1222861
From what I've seen most people here don't know any Japanese. Also, don't consider myself an otaku just because I do.

If you want to get an idea of how your plan would work out pick up some old Chinese pirate carts that were transrated to Engrish. Then imagine that done by people with the spelling and grammar skills you see here every day.

Great idea, and perfect for crowd sourcing. Just not here I'm afraid.

>> No.1224671

the important detal of translating games would be this
how the fuck do you insert it in the physical copy?
>inb4 but its just emulation
some people are purists and if i recall correctly someone [not from here] did a reproduction cart of Starfox 2 translated and completed

>> No.1224952

Personally, I'm fine just following along with a translated script. But even that is a job best left to a professional. Fan translations aren't impossible, but they take a lot of time and commitment. The fact that you're browsing 4chan right now instead of improving your own physical or mental ability means you probably can't complete such a project.