[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 63 KB, 620x412, wiiugamepadhedimg620pxtake2wmed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1174574 No.1174574[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

so whats the problem with emulation?

every time i hear people talk about it theyre always complaining about input lag in amounts that are usually far too small for the human eye to register.

>> No.1174657

because genesis is what nintendisnt

>> No.1174661

This topic has been done to death ,people should know the pros and cons of emulation by now

>> No.1174669

unless youre a super hobbyist it doesnt really matter. i have a wii u that i use for emulation and it works like a dream.

particularl when it means that you can play N64 titles without having to deal with the waking nightmare that is the N64 controller

>> No.1174691

>>1174669
I love that controller. It worked perfectly well for every game I played and never felt it didn't feel right holding it.

As for OP question. Really depend on the player. Some people gets more enjoyment with a real NES controller and system. The lag is hardly noticeable at worst. Maybe games like Mike Tyson Punch-Out where every nanosecond counts. But there's very little games that require that fast of a input. If you enjoy emulation there by all means keep at it. If you enjoy owning the game and playing it on a CRT TV then have a blast.

>> No.1174698

Where do you even find input lag? I emulate a lot of mouse based games and I'd notice if the pointer was lagging behind.

>> No.1175162

>>1174698
I find it is noticeable when doing speedruns of Super Mario 3 for NES. It's really bad when I play at my friends house and use his big screen TV. He doesn't notice it but I can really notice it, but only for that one game because of my muscle memory movements. We can play anything else and even though it's laggy we do just fine and adapt to it.

>> No.1175938

http://emulation-general.wikia.com/wiki/Input_lag

>> No.1176891

>>1175162
If it's an HDTV, the upscaling is what causes the lag.