[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 1.39 MB, 1205x1072, Seikendensetsu2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1162816 No.1162816 [Reply] [Original]

Hey /vr/
I just found out that there' s Secret of Mana on the app store and I wanted to know if you would recommend it or not.
Are there any differences to the snes version?
Also general Secret of Mana thread I guess..

>> No.1163776

>>1162816
It's pretty fun, but I don't know if it's worth the price (I used a giftcard to buy it). SoM is one of my favourite games even with it's many flaws. On the iPhone version the only real differences are that the water is reflective (this looks really weird because it reflects like glass) , the AI is more intelligent and you can move forward while they are stuck (big improvement!!!!) . I'm not a fan of the touch controls because you get no feedback and its hard to control your direction especially when trying to run. Just a few graphical updates and that's about it. Very fun but can get frustrating and make you want to use a controller. The fox brothers are easier to beat also, they don't kick you when you are down repeatedly.

>> No.1163868

>>1163776
Dear wizard, please tell me if its still possible for you to get stun-locked in the iOS version.

So many people tout it as a "feature" but it really keeps me from enjoying what would otherwise be a piss easy game (and if you're even halfway smart about magic its still piss easy so what the fuck.)

>> No.1163878

>>1163868
me again, disregard, it looks like dogshit