[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 182 KB, 362x378, 1380760647769.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1115908 No.1115908 [Reply] [Original]

>Have retro collection
>Hard times, have to sell shit to get by.
>Reluctantly sell in-box copy of super metroid, manage to get 70 for it of ebay.
>This week, check ebay
>one message
>Buyer wants a refund, apparently this wasn't the game he wanted. Ebay fucking sides with him even though I tell him no, paypal refunds him.
>Game comes in mail today
>Box is ripped open
>manuals have some sort of taco stain on them
>Game cartridge has grease prints on it.
>Contact ebay support
>Sorry, can't do anything about it

I'm so fucking depressed. I cherished that copy and hated so much to sell it, I thought it would at least go to a good home, someone who would at least take care of it EVEN if they opened it..

>> No.1115929

That's a depressing story OP, I'm sorry to hear it happened.

The guy who bought it off you is going to a special level of hell.

>> No.1115934

Post his address, I'll get rid of the bastard myself.

>> No.1115935

>>1115934
That's what I was gonna say. Give his address out and let us take care of him.

>> No.1115936

You better fucking do something since it's nowhere near the condition you sold it in

>> No.1115942

Damn, That fucking sucks.

Not exactly retro, but I had something similar happen recently, I sold Animal crossing: Wild world on Ebay as used, Some idiot bought it thinking it was new leaf, and all because of his red star feedback rating, he was able to ask for a refund because it was "Broke into"

Needless to say, I gave him the refund, and I've yet to recieve my game back.

Like OP, Ebay did shit. all because of low feedback

>> No.1115945
File: 499 KB, 500x281, crying Mato.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

you sure it's still your original copy? maybe he took yours to replace his, then sent you his shit copy. regardless, that really fucking sucks. sorry man.

>> No.1115952

I'd probably sell my kidney before I sold my game collection. Most of it has massive sentimental value.

You should probably attempt to do something about it.

>> No.1115986

Wow, OP I'm really sorry. Maybe try again with eBay? I dunno. I hope things turn around for you soon so you can keep the rest of your games and maybe even replace your destroyed copy.

>> No.1115993

>>1115908
You must contact paypal, not ebay. I hope that piece of shit dies anyway.

>> No.1115995

That fucking sucks, OP. I sold a GBA SP in the original box, with all the manuals, charger etc. in perfect condition on Amazon. Packed it extremely well. Guy gets it, emails me claiming that the box was "destroyed" and wants a refund. I say no, and that he needs to take it up with the post office since it was in excellent condition when I shipped it.

Long story short, Amazon takes his side, orders me to issue a refund, and the guy sends me back the GBA with the box all torn up. Fortunately I was able to resell it for roughly the same price, despite the damaged box. But I know that feel man.

>> No.1116003
File: 756 KB, 241x182, cryingeskimo.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.1116007

>>1115945
bingo

>> No.1116015

>>1115908
My curiosity wishes to see pictures of the damage.

>> No.1116019

>>1115908
Things like this anger me. Why would you purchase something if it wasn't what you wanted? You would think that 70 dollars is at least large enough to encourage you to double check that you are buying the right thing. Why would you open it if it wasn't the game that you wanted? What argument could he have possibly had to get a refund? "oh, I COULDN'T READ PROPER ENGLISH AND BOUGHT THE WRONG GAME, DEFILED IT, AND I WANT A REFUND BECAUSE I AM A STUPID FAGGOT".

If this is a ruse, 10/10. Rustled my feathers something fierce.

>> No.1116029

Ebay selling: NEVER

>> No.1116031

That's why you put no refunds in the description, include tracking with signature confirmation, and include as many pictures as possible.

>> No.1116032

I've had the same shit happen to me OP. Shit sucks.

>Sell a mint condition copy of Suikoden II on ebay
>Some dumbass bids it up higher than what I had originall list it for sale as
>A week later
>"THIS ISN'T MINT CONDITION, THE CASE IS CRACKED AND THE DISC IS SCRATCHED"
>Know for a fact that he is lying
>eBay sides with him anyways
>Get game back, case is fucked and disc is scratched up
What the fuck is wrong with people.

>> No.1116039

I've had worse.

I sold a copy of shining force, sealed in box once. This guy buys it from me.

He plays the blame game a week later and says it was destroyed and he wants a refund. I do some research into this guy, and he owns some mediocre band that used to do youtube videos.

>Front page, the FRONT PAGE, he has a music video where he sings some garbage, and fucking SMASHES the jewel case and disc to pieces by repeatedly stomping on it.

>He wants a fucking refund for something he destroyed.

>Show Ebay this, they side with me, refund me.

Still mad though, the guy outright smashed my shit and expected me to pay for it. Ironically, their channel was taken down for some drug bust he and his friends did.

Karma is a bitch.

>> No.1116048

>>1116032
He most likely replaced his crap copy with your mint copy. They pull this shit all the time.

>>1116039
At least you didn't have to pay them back, but I do feel really bad for that Shining Force...

>> No.1116051

Always put no refunds in tiny letters so you can't get scammed by mexicans

>> No.1116054

>>1115908
Are you certain it's the same copy as the one you sent him?

Sounds to me like someone swapped their shitty taco stained SM for yours.

>> No.1116056

>>1115908
If you have his address, can you send him a package of poop or something?

http://www.poopsenders.com/

>> No.1116059

>>1116031
Spoken like someone who doesn't know how ebay works.

>> No.1116063

Who would even suspect or convict you for taking a trip to the asshole's house and burying your foot so far up his ass, you could wear him like a legwarmer?

>> No.1116149

>>1116056
>this site
holy fuck its genius. is this site for real, or is it a scam? seems too good to be true.
>combo poop pack
>only 55 dollars
what a fucking steal

>> No.1116179

I'd like to see his ebay account.

>> No.1116234

Op, you need to be persistent. All customer service centers have the power to make the customer happy, but they won't offer it without a struggle. First you must demand a supervisor. From there you need to complain and complain until he relents or hangs up the phone. If he hangs up, call back and speak with a different supervisor. You will get your way eventually. Hasn't failed me yet (and I've been in your position twice before).

>> No.1116254

>>1116149
>http://www.poopsenders.com/
>>1116056
My suggestion is can we pay extra for someone to lit the package on fire and run like hell? (ALso record it for shits and giggles)

>> No.1116260

>>1116254
this person doesn't deserve poop he deserves shit:
http://www.shitsenders.com/

>> No.1116265

I'll never understand why people use ebay over amazon. I've never had a single fucking thing sell on ebay, but stuff on Amazon sells instantly and I've never had any horror stories.

>> No.1116324

>>1116234
Why do you have to be a faggot? I'm a a manager for NOT TELLING, and I cancel people for being dicks on the phone, and flag their phones as stolen so they become bricks.

Just ask if a supervisor can look into the issue for you. By merit of not having to talk to you, they'll be more likely to help you.

>> No.1116330

>>1116324
This. If you feel your issue isn't resolved nothing wrong with asking for a supervisor if merited but no need to be a dick about it. That will get you shit on quick

>> No.1116329

>>1116265
People want dozens of dollars for common laserdiscs on Amazon. On eBay, I got a buttload of Asterix and The Raccoons LDs for $8. For the lot.

>> No.1116343

>>1116324
>someone was mean to me so I have to brick his phone
wow you're hardcore little bitch aren't you

>> No.1116347

>>1116329
Asterix and the racoons are you fucking quebecois?

>> No.1116354
File: 195 KB, 500x484, 1376598814731.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not necessarily relevant to this thread but
>spend years and a lot of money amassing a very respectable retro collection
>can't bring myself to play most of my games, even new games that I still buy regularly even though I spend most of my time lurking 4chains and not gaming

>> No.1116375

>>1115908
oh god OP thats terrible. Try contacting PayPal? I dunno i would be livid though he deserves to burn

>> No.1116384

>>1116324
So you're a piece of shit loser who will never amount to anything more than middle management. You are as aware of this as I am. You feel so bad about never amounting to anything important in your life that you have to take customers shit personally and start a personal feud with them. Go fuck yourself you thin skinned bitch. Good thing you can't see my IP I wouldn't want my computer reported stolen

>> No.1116389

>>1116343
You'd rather force someone into grudgingly trying to help you than have someone who legitimately wants to help you?

>> No.1116398

>>1116389
I don't fucking care I just want them to do the job they were paid for. Maybe iif you weren't such an incompetent boob I wouldn't have to be an asshole.

>> No.1116408

>>1116329

I'm talking about for selling.

>> No.1116443

>>1116324

Asking a call center associate to "look into it" is a horrifically passive approach. You want the issue resolved immediately, while you're on the line, because the second you hang up the next caller in the queue becomes the rep's concern and your problems are completely forgotten.

By the way, you're a shitty manager.

>> No.1116528

Should have sold them separately. The only person willing to spend any kind of $$ on an empty box is a person willing to cherish it. Sounds like you found a rich underage who had no idea what he was getting. He just wanted his new SNES games packaged.

>> No.1116967

>>1116343
>>1116384
>>1116443
I'm sure all of your take-out meals are mercifully free of ball sweat.

>>1116347
Non, mon ami! In the eighties, a lot of Canadian stuff made it across Lake Erie. Freaky ionosphere action, I guess. Mostly TVO, channel 30 from Ontario.

>>1116398
Being an asshole is behavior that hardly wins you friends. If you have to deal with retards and assholes all day, one polite and educated person becomes YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND. By simply stating your issue and asking for help with it, you immediately relieve the representative taking your call. Don't bitch about the last person/people for more than a couple seconds, as it is NOT PRODUCTIVE.

Would you like it if your new neighbor came over, and bitched and yelled about his previous neighbor? Hell no, that has nothing to do with you. If he says the previous neighbor was a fuck, and that he's glad you don't seem to be, then ooookay.

ALERT: All bets are off if the rep seems to have a hispanic accent; they're probably from the fucking Philippines, and you should hang up IMMEDIATELY. Oh my GOD they are incompetent to the point of being saboteurs. But hey, they work cheap, and keep upper management in Dodge Vopers, cougars, and fishing boats.

Anywho, just try honey instead of piss. If it doesn't work, and you've been reasonable, calm, and weren't making threats I'LL SUE YOU FUCKERS, I'LL HAVE YOUR JOBS, I'M BILLY BADASS, you have ALL the ammunition in the world when you tell people about how you were done wrong, and thus win people to your side rather easily.

But whatever, this is 4chan in the middle of the day.

>> No.1116986

>>1116324
Although you sound like someone who power trips over the small modicum of actual influence you have over people's lives, in principle I agree with you. The adage about catching more files with honey than vinegar is correct. 9 times out of 10, if you're polite but firm and persistent you'll get what you want when you have to deal with customer service people.