[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 3.12 MB, 399x498, neco-arc-neco.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10958083 No.10958083[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

My public library has a few stand-up Pandora cabinets at different branches. Seeing as how the machines are illegal and violate thousands of copyrights, I'd like to indirectly pressure the library to sell them off so I can offer to buy one for cheap.
Where can I go to snitch on them to get the ball rolling on this?
>but that's bad!
Nobody is using these things. Nobody. Kiddies don't care about old arcade games. They're in pretty good condition and the standing cabinet is pretty nice.
>go buy your own
I don't want to put money into the chinese mame machine market. My library has erred by spending money for these things and putting them out for public use, so this is an opportunity to get something I want in an agreeable fashion. Maybe I can even get them all if they're willing to unload them overnight.

>> No.10958389

The library will have had a contract with the vendor where the vendor states that they have the rights to sell the product, and the library is blameless, whether or not the library actually knows the vendor has no such rights. This is the same loophole that allows small-time merchants to print Marvel t-shirts and sell them at cons. So, good luck with your scam, but I doubt it'll go the way you think.

>> No.10958405

>>10958083
Your only bet is asking nicely, shylock. You're not smart or powerful enough to extort a public service over a nothingburger. Best outcome is you get the machines destroyed. Clean yourself up and try to act normal so they can't tell you're trying to fuel your crack addiction, because we can.
/thread

>> No.10958407
File: 355 KB, 484x473, 1000016887.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10958083