[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 238 KB, 640x360, DuckTalesInside.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1090785 No.1090785[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Winners of the Ducktales gold cartridge promo kit announced:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/more-beautiful-ducktales-fan-art

Background info:
Capcom made 150 individually numbered promo kits for the release of Ducktales Remastered containing a Ducktales gold cartridge that actually works in a NES and sent them to the press. The very few left of those 150 not sent to press were to be given in a contest.

Does /vr/ think they earned it? It's probably gonna be worth thousands and be one of the most sought after collectable gaming items in a while. For comparison, the Megaman 9 presskit goes for about $300.00 now a days, was mass produced and actually sold to fans (this one you can't buy), and the cartridge for that one was empty and just for show.

Other entries:
http://sing.ducktalesremastered.com/view-entries/

>> No.1091516

>>1090785
Implying people are going to sell this. It would be cool to make some repro's if somebody dumps the rom. I would love to play it on my nes just for the cool factor.

>A guy that I talk to on Instagram posted a screenshot of the email he got saying he won, im pretty sure it's legit but who knows

>> No.1091524

>It's laying on a bed of shredded money
I think that's a nice touch.

>> No.1091532

The butthurt in some of those comments makes me not want to read about this anymore.

>> No.1092331

>>1091532
Im guessing some collectors commisioned artwork for the contest then got mad when they didn't win and ended up losing money.

>> No.1092356

So what is inside the cart?
The original Duck Tales ROM?

>> No.1092362

brb printing out a duck tales sticker onto a zelda cart and selling it on ebay.

>> No.1094287

>>1092356
yup

>> No.1094413

>>1091516
you CAN play this on oyur NES. The ROM is literally identical to the original Ducktales release. THIS IS THE REPRO!

>> No.1094605
File: 196 KB, 342x359, Unimpressed T-rex.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As an artist who was thinking of doing this myself, I am glad I didn't.

I know Capcom; I've seen the winners they pick for these kinds of contests, that's why I didn't even bother to submit anything. A lot of these were just picked for the lulz factor, they might as well have chose names out of a hat (if they didn't). I wouldn't have even minded losing if the winners were just utterly superb and amazing. But fuck... they even accepted EDITS? Reallly? What a slap in the face to anyone who actually put effort in.

>> No.1094661

>>1090785
>the Megaman 9 presskit goes for about $300.00 now a days

Oh shit, really? I guess that's good to know if I'm ever desperate for cash. I never even opened mine.