[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 72 KB, 640x639, 10317_front.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10820806 No.10820806 [Reply] [Original]

I'm trying to do the Tower of Leires with Pearl, but when I bring her to the first floor I get softlocked. Its just an empty room with nothing in it but boss music, and I can't leave at all.
This has happened twice now. I thought maybe this was an emulator problem since I'm playing through adrenaline on my Vita, but when trying to look up an answer, all I could find was someone on their Switch having the same issue and getting no replies.

Any ideas?

>> No.10820819

>>10820806
Sounds like it's something messed up with the Switch version, but that game did have a ton of background stuff going on that affects quests. It's possible they fucked that up, or that you missed something obscure.

My recommendation is to not worry about it at this point unless it's a key quest (been so long I don't remember) if you really like LoM then it's worth replaying both for doing things differently and crafting high level weapons for the extra difficulty modes. So you can try it on another playthrough and see if it works or something is glitched in general.

On the other hand if you're not that in love with the game just move on and watch the story bit on youtube.

>> No.10820858

>>10820819
As far as Mana game go, this was so far my second favorite as I only really like the GB one and Secret was too broken for me to enjoy, and Trials I finished but it felt really mediocre.
I've only got 8 hours logged into this, but its only like a slightly better Trials gameplay wise, and the main appeal was just the aimless wandering and stumbling into quests as I built the world, its a cool concept.
I don't really want to have to redo any of the stuff I've already done, the fact that you can't run past encounters at all now is the only big issue I was having with the game and its would feel ten times worse on a replay.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I get home and pop my save into duckstation. Praying that that will make the game work, otherwise I'm locked in this bugged tower forever.

>> No.10820892

>>10820858
Yeah, the way you unlock quests by placing lands and talking to people was pretty cool, but it was also very much designed to be played with a guide. That might be your problem here, land placement and what goes next to what has an impact on which quests you can do. If memory serves you either can't do all the quests in one playthrough, or if you can, it requires very precise placement of where you put your lands down.

My biggest problem with the game is the combat is pretty mediocre. It's also broken. They might have fixed it in the switch version but in the original the hardest difficulty has a glitch where it's not actually harder. The game has a crazy in depth crafting system, making the most powerful items requires multiple playthroughs. But I made a flail that wasn't even all that maxed out and it killed every single enemy in No Future mode (which was supposed to be the super hard one) in one swing, that goes for every boss as well, including the end boss.

>> No.10820906

Funny as I was playing trials of mana (snes). Now I need to kill eight bastards after getting (and losing) the sword of mana and I don't feel like it.

>> No.10821404
File: 1.51 MB, 1920x1080, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

RIP

At least, that's all I would have to say if I wasn't lucky in how adrenaline saves things weirdly. When I opened my save with MemcardRex, I noticed there were two saves despite me saving over the same slot, with the second save being 20 minutes earlier, so from when I was ascending the tower rather than descending. So I guess I can load that one up and continue the game by doing other quests, and maybe hopefully when I get back to this one it'll fix itself?

>> No.10822591

>>10820806
is she hiding cigarettes in her hair?