[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 110 KB, 700x505, FF2(4)USAsnes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10717898 No.10717898 [Reply] [Original]

Here it is, the most interesting game genie code ever created-

0CCA-AF6F - Walk Through Walls

This code is for the SNES USA version of Final Fantasy 2(4). You can also use it warp to a glitched area outside of the normal gamespace by walking through walls into any of the treasure chests or treasure pots in the game and by walking off screen in any direction. You can further warp from this glitched area to nearly anywhere in the game. You can do this from the very start just after beginning a new game. Be careful console players- this code can corrupt your saves and brick your cartridge. Best to use an emulator for this one.

This thread is for discussing game genie codes, glitches, and other cheats for vintage games.

>> No.10719332

>>10717898
You gotta post interesting webm of that man

>> No.10719390

Chrono Trigger is the best for this. I've been messing around with Game Genie in this game since the 90s because it's so insanely fun.

EEB0-EFA4 - Walk through walls
BC38-8F06 - Walk anywhere on the map

With these two codes you can pull all kinds of shenanigans. Get Marle and walk from Porre to Melchior's continent and take the gate to the End of Time. Go to the Keeper's Dome and walk through the sealed door to get the Epoch way before you're supposed to. The game is pretty durable and can handle a lot of weird shit without crashing though it's best to make sure you have at least one other character. Crono alone often does causes crashes. If you play your cards right you can recruit Magus without having done anything in the Middle Ages then go back to his castle and have him fight himself.

>> No.10720067

>>10717898
Walk through walls is always fun.
Story time: I had a GameShark Pro for ps1 when I was a kid that I often used to power through RPG game rentals so I could see the stories. (I’ve gone back and beaten them all properly since.) I bought FFVII though and noticed you couldn’t cheat unless you started a save file with the cheats you wanted to use and kept those cheats on the whole time. (It would give an error when trying to load) I noticed an out of reach area in the dungeon north of the Ancient City that looked like a cave entrance. I always wondered what was in there, so I found the walk through walls code and started a new file. This spot was like at least 15-20 hours into the game and I was like 8-9 so it took me a while to get to that point on a new save file. Finally I got there and…! Nothing it was for decoration.

>> No.10720072
File: 27 KB, 404x250, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I used gameshark to put a princess job unit in my party and I SHIT YOU NOT when the game removes Ovelia after Draclau it took my fucking unit instead and left her as guest

>> No.10720101

>>10719390
Wow, nice. I remember the Oracle games absolutely shitting themselves on cutscenes if you ever tried that

>> No.10720110

>>10720101
Some games care, some don't. I guess if the game doesn't do a lot of sanity checks it will power through. FFVII shits itself a lot if you try similar things. I tried walking over the map to skip to Aeris's death scene with Aeris still in my party but it really didn't like me doing that. IIRC it wouldn't generate Aeris's model on the platform and when you approached it bugged out.

>> No.10720116

>>10717898
Fellow old school Game Informer subscriber!

>> No.10721586

>>10717898
There were a lot of cool Gameshark codes for Goldeneye that let you use more weapons and levels in multiplayer. There were others that let you walk through doors or clip out of bounds and access more of the levels, which had some cool beta content. That was the game I did the most experimenting on Gameshark with, trying to get to the Dam Island and see what else was out there. Perfect Dark had a lot of cool unused stuff as well

>> No.10721598
File: 8 KB, 250x247, 1682532991866549.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>he didn't independently discover pressing the select button during a screen transition

>> No.10721602

>>10717898
>brick your cartridge
you know what "ROM" stands for dont you?

>> No.10721612

>>10721602
yeah now drop 120v raw ac current into the rom chip and see what happens