[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 8 KB, 259x194, images (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1047625 No.1047625[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

your experiences and frustrations with this game

>> No.1047628

Let's talk about Ninja Gaiden. Oh yeah, this game. How many times did this mother fucker kick you in the sack over and over till you wanted to puke? I've never been able to beat this monster of fuck and I highly doubt I ever will. It is a great game though, I reccomend it to anyone.

>> No.1047642

>>1047628
Its not THAT hard fuck man. Stop sucking so much at platformers.
I was able to beat it as a little kid.

>> No.1047650

Pretty fun.
The pacing and speed are amazing.
The enemy formations are set up to punish you for standing still so you are always moving as fast as possible.

The game doesnt get really difficult until the last level with those hang-glider ninjas.

>> No.1047654
File: 4 KB, 256x224, ninja_gaiden_nes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

6-2 is hard, fighting three final bosses is tough too but at least you recover health in between. But the game has infinite continues and each defeated boss stays dead. It really just takes time and a little bit of practice.

Then again, I did feel like a badass for finally beating the game.

>> No.1047940

I never got the big deal over this game's difficulty, I beat it as a kid fairly easily. Yeah, you get sent back a few levels near the end if you die to the final boss but you don't have to re-fight any of the phases of it once you get back there. It was pretty fun though.

>> No.1048973

>>1047625

I've beaten it. It's a very fun game with some very cinematic cut scenes.

I lost to the final boss, then fought my way back to him and lost again. After that, I put the game on the shelf for a year or more. When I played through again, I persevered until I became accustomed to the final stretch of the game. Finally, I beat it.

>> No.1049391

I borrowed my cousins NES when I was 7 or 8 and played this game for like a month straight. I finally beat it but I haven't been able to do that since.

>> No.1049424
File: 12 KB, 256x224, 134316-ninja-gaiden-turbografx-16-screenshot-kill-the-ninjass.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1047625
I played and enjoyed the Turbografx version much more than the NES version.

>> No.1049475

My absolute favorite song in the game is a 10 second loop.

You know what I'm talking about. 3-1.