[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 4 KB, 256x197, ash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1044725 No.1044725[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Stories of trying to share retro gaming with the new generation, positive or negative?!?
>have little cousin who is obsessed with vidya from as soon as he could touch a controller
>play emulated games with him on computers to show him older games
>little bunghole actually enjoys them as much as his new games
>fast forward a little bit, he is 5 and has a wiiU, wants a 3ds
>he is told by family he could get a 3ds for birthday
>instead he chooses to get like 80 different superman things from man of steel
>I give him my gbc I bought off a friend and Mario Land 2
>since his birthday he hasn't put it down
>my face when
next stop is getting him wario land and pokemon

>> No.1044909

>implying he is truly appreciating them

nah, new gens are a lost cause. our games are not to be played as "retro games", they are to be played as games; the feel we felt back then when playing them is what makes retro what it is today. youre mixing things. but ok, it brings you close with your cousin so whatever.

>> No.1045114

I found my family's SNES and N64 after they got unplugged to make room for newer consoles, and I hooked them up to our spare TV, and my brother ended up getting addicted to Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the N64. When I went off to college he was playing through OoT for the first time, and unlike me who couldn't even get past Dodongo's Cavern when I first played that game, he had already gotten to Adult Link.

I wonder if he beat it yet.

>> No.1045123

>>1044909
This is such a dumb, defeatist attitude.

>> No.1045134

My son is pretty fascinated with Keio: Flying Squadron unless he's trying to take a nap, then it pisses him off. He'll be five months old Friday.

>> No.1045139

>>1045123
>defeatist

>implying i want new generations to like or play our games

read again fag, our games should be banned for them.

come at me

>> No.1045142

>>1045134
A 5 month old would be fascinated with jingling keys

>> No.1045146
File: 25 KB, 450x338, 05d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1045139
>>1045123
Let's not /v/ it up here, gentlemen.
I love you both (but no homo...well, sort of homo) *hugs*

>> No.1045151
File: 18 KB, 445x300, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1045139
>our games

You make as much sense as pic related

>> No.1045153

My younger cousin won't even play 1 year old games ("no one plays that junk anymore"), let alone retro stuff from over 10 years ago.

>> No.1045183

>>1044909
>>1045139
>>1045153
>sharing retro with younger generations
Go find another thread.

>> No.1045182

>>1045142
Yeah he totally loves that, too. Dark Souls leaves him flat though.

>> No.1045186

>>1045153
Maybe you can scRAPE up something that he would like from THE Playstation 2 era. Unless you're a poor BASTARD.

>> No.1045192

>>1045186
Get back to /b/.

>> No.1045227
File: 56 KB, 450x373, 3qwink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The feel when your kid cousins are amazed about your retro vidya collection but your own brother thinks its a stupid waste of space

>> No.1045287
File: 325 KB, 382x417, 1317784307779.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>neighborkid is hanging out with my little brother
>show neighborkid NES Classics Castlevania on GBA
>"those graphics are terrible that game must be bad"
>few weeks later neighborkid buys an NES at some garage sale
>shows it off
>didn't have any games for it
>no cords
>no controllers

>> No.1045304

>>1045287
maybe he secretly thinks your cool and wants to be just like you?

>> No.1045305

>>1045227
Disown your brother
Abduct your kid cousins as your own children
Move somewhere far away and take all your retro vidya

>> No.1045309

>>1045304
definitely not

>> No.1045313

>>1044725
I know these two little kids, 9 and 11, who love older games a great deal because they can buy them for super cheap. I've also helped by introducing them to the old consoles. It's surprising how fascinated they are with a game boy pocket despite both having 3DS to play. Some of the old games are just fine for them, like they'll play Wario Land and New Super Mario Bros. 2 right alongside each other, but games like Metroid II are a bit much for them. Still, it's pretty cool to introduce them to stuff and hear them talk about how much they like Smash 64 and Sonic 2.

>> No.1045319

>>1045313
Those kids sound like they are specifically not little shits

>> No.1045474

>be at local disk replay
>perusing the PS1 section
>flabby eight-year-old approaches
>HAY WHAT GAME WOULD U RECOMMEND ME
>casually stroll over to Crash and Spyro
>ask him what he likes
>tells me about Shenmue, Sega Saturn, and Seaman for the PS2
>"uh, kid, are your parents gamers or something?"
>kid: "No, they hate games. I just pick what looks interesting!"
>child skeddadles off outside to go play
>all my what.avi

This child is the chosen one - we must have him lead the younger generations.

>> No.1045493
File: 40 KB, 300x290, yoshi and baby mario.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I emulate vidya all the time for my niece and nephew, they're only 4 and 5 so it's a bit hard to get them to focus, explore classics and not quit just cause they die a few times but I play mostly SNES, MEGADRIVE and arcade with them

side scrolling beat em ups like sunset riders, turtles in time, the avengers, x-men etc are great on MAME cause we can play three player and pump in a million credits, they can beat the game and die all they want

I try to play anything co-op I can, things like 2 player donkey kong country is great where they can die easily and be brought back easily and I can get passed the harder bits

>> No.1045498

>>1045474
Did you recommend him anything?

>> No.1045503

>>1045139
Wow, what an imbecile. You remind of /v/ when they complained about how "X website stole their memes".

>> No.1045746

Our housemaid comes weekly and sometimes brings her son because can't leave the pest alone at home. He's 7-8, and has some light mental disorder, he's kinda weird. Anyway, he spends the majority of the time he's here playing with my PS2 (mostly GTA crap he brings) and asking me to pirate stuff. Then I decided to put my good ol' SNES there to see his reaction. The brat never played anything older than a PS2, kinda enjoyed Side Pocket and Mario Kart, but hated Super Mario World and was not interested at anyhting else, from Zelda to Turn and Burn. It's simply not appealing to him.

I think it's a lost cause, and he's gradually destroying my controllers. A small price to keep him off my room and protect my plamo collection, who knows what he could do to my Gundams. But he's a nice kid overall.

>> No.1045825

>>1045498
I didn't word that well. I meant I recommended Crash and Spyro. I also mentioned FFVII and RE2 for when he gets older. not that I give a fuck about age, it's just that he said his parents wouldn't let him play T+ games

>> No.1047783

My younger sister likes the classic Sonic games.

She is also instereted to play the older Pokémon games too, but given we are from a country where English is not the main language, she is having difficult to get on the games.

>> No.1048342
File: 57 KB, 315x310, 1363664781510.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have a 3 year old nephew
>was playing Star Fox 64
>he was watching and asked "Can i play?"
>"Sure" I said.
>Booted up VS mode
>gave him controller
>was teaching him how to play
>difficult at first but he got the hang of it
>he asked if he could play the story mode
>i said "Yes, but its difficult"
>he got hooked on it
>a year later he actually beat the final boss
>he jumped up and down and hugged me while cheering
>"Thank you for teaching me uncle." He said
> His mother moves out of town
> Its been a year since i have seen him
>mfw

>> No.1048350

My cousin is 9 years old, and used to watch me play games when he was over. As a result, he loves both modern and retro games. He absolutely loves Kirby, and there's nothing like playing Superstar co-op.

>> No.1048364

My nephew's 14 and a typical teenager of his generation and plays CoD online on his 360 and whatever. But thanks to my influence he has an appreciation for old video games and has a Super Nintendo and N64. He's not all over retro games but he's not going to call them shitty for being old, either.

My other nephews don't play games. I suppose it's good that they can actually play with toys and go outside and all that, but I'd hate for somebody to not like games at all.

>> No.1048378

I've worked at an after school program that had an SNES for indoor free choice time. Kids love video games old and new. I've seen two kids beat K Rool in DKC and a group get excited when one kid gets to the 6th level of Hyper Zone.

I've told one kid who had an N64 about some good games. A week later he told me bought some of them at a flea market with his own money.

I'd say if you have your own kids/newphews/cousins or if you work with kids, tell them about old vidya. Get them stoked on hardware. Give them an Gameboy for christmas. Softmod their Wiis and load a bunch of roms on it.

>> No.1048402
File: 22 KB, 427x475, never stop playing, kid.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So much feel.

>> No.1048415

>but I'd hate for somebody to not like games at all.

I have a friend like this. If he comes over he's all, "Fuck anon, video games are dumb. Let's go hikin' or sime shit." Which is cool, because I live in Utah and being ourdoors rules. That guy is good for us

>> No.1048423

>>1045114
>I wonder if he beat it yet.

Everyone does by 12.

>> No.1048437
File: 60 KB, 500x375, cucco.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1048423
Actually, same anon here, and I never did beat it. Got lost in the Water Temple and my save got deleted when I went to retry, so I haven't ever given it another shot. He sucks at some retro games but for some reason I suck at 3D Zelda while he was going through pretty quick.

>> No.1048897
File: 344 KB, 950x476, mario kart memories.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Obligatory.

>> No.1048908

I'll have probably sold all of my games and shit to pay for the kid's future rather than inflict my weird mid-life crisis hobbies on him.

However, I'd like to find a way to start his early computer use the way I did. From DOS to W3.1, I learned a lot about the responsibility and care of a computer, a quality that is lost on a lot of people. Who knows, maybe my kids will pursue dreams of being coders, or better yet: they'll find a way to become the future's hackers.

>> No.1048912

>>1048897
>tfw the 90s were ten thousand years ago

>> No.1048917

>>1048423

I'm still on the Fire Temple.

>> No.1049758

Where I live, there's a used games store inside the largest mall in the area. Said store usually has an NES, N64 and one other system on display that people can play. Every time I walk past it, I see some elementary-aged kid playing on the NES, usually either Super Mario or a MegaMan game, and loving the shit out of it. More used game stores should do this.

>> No.1049771

my 8 year old sister will only play 2d games as 3d confuses her

>> No.1050401

I have a brother who's now 12. Me and my other younger brother (16) have been introducing him to the ways of ancients since he could handle a PSX controller. He's now trying to beat CTR 100% on emulator (the old box got its cd drive broken) and occasionally plays some Contra or Mortal with us. He also can tell the difference between good looking graphics and graphics with more polygons - which is a problem for many nowadays' kids.

>> No.1050431

I have a 12 year old brother who likes retro games, mainly Mario ones. His favorite retro game is Super Mario World. I showed him Contra and he enjoyed that, too.

>> No.1050645

>>1049758
An used game store near my house has a Turbografx-16 playing Blazing Lazers, which is pretty unique since you almost never see these in Europe. The store doesn't have any TG-16 games/hardware for sale though.

Unfortunately, nobody ever touches it... At least they haven't removed it.

>> No.1051189

>>1047783

That's cool, I learned english by playing rpg's. Get her a walkthrough in your languaje and you're set.

>> No.1051209

>>1048402

>be 9ish
>see this old and ugly guy playing KoF (cant remember wich one)
>guy had a jean jacket and a blue hat
>guy is playing with Mai
>I stand at his side and watch him play
>after a while he turns to me, points at Mai's bouncing tits and laughs

That blue hat guy was my first hero

>> No.1051225

>>1051209

Also he used Choi (wich looked very much like him) and Chang.

>> No.1051227

>>1044725
>be 19.
>be rummaging through a Goodwill with little sister, 14.
>see rack of NES games, all priced at $5, including 26 copies of Super Mario Bros
>grab a copy of Chrystalis and Legend of Zelda while ranting about the price of SMB.
>"Who do they think is gonna pay five bucks for that? That was the game packaged with the console, they released a hundred million copies, there is nobody who hasn't played it. What are these fuckers smoking?"
>little sister says quietly "I haven't played it..."
>u wot m8?
>somehow my baby sister has lived 14 years without ever playing Super Mario Brothers.
>this will not stand.
>"Come with me," I tell her, as I head to the electronics shelf.
>See an NES with hookups, two gamepads and a light gun, packaged in Saran wrap. Perfect.
>take it to the counter, 25 for the console, five for each game.
>pay for it, hand the NES and Zelda to my little sister.
>"These are yours now. I've got three copies of SMB lying around, I'll give you one when we get home.That should be enough to get you started."
>little sister looks at me like Christmas came early and she found out Santa Claus is real.

>> No.1051231

>>1048402
Holy shit, that guy was literally a wise old cyber-sage.

>> No.1051245

>be 16 (inb4 underage, this was 6 years ago)
>gf at the time is babysitting two kids who live across the street, about 8 and 10 years old
>hanging out in their room, see they have some vidya
>digging through their stuff, find an n64 and ocarina of time
>ask if they've ever played it
>a little bit, but they never really got into it
>plug it in, play for a few hours
>they're having fun
>leave their place later, hanging out at gf's place
>going home hours later, around 11 pm
>hear oot music coming through their window
>cry manly tears
>never see them again
>hope they love the game half as much as i do

>> No.1051251

>>1044725
Not technically video game related but Pokemon related.
>Little cousin obsessed with Pokemon
>Out at Target
>Buy him a booster pack
>Still have all my old Pokemon cards in a folder somewhere
>Thinking about giving them to him
>He's playing Super Smash Bros.
>"Where are the Pokemon cards you got today?"
>He's sitting on them
>Decide to hold onto my Pokemon cards

>> No.1051250

My brother is over 10 years younger than me, I tried to introduce him to some games I liked when I was around his age when he was 10.

Banjo Kazooie
>This game is too kiddie
Ocarina of Time
>Too boring/hard
Pokemon
>he actually sort of liked it
Super Mario Bros games
>This is too childish and the music is "cheesy"
Perfect Dark
>he loved it
Turok
>He liked it but thought it was "cheesy" too

All he really plays now is Minecraft and Call of Duty and he's 13

When I was growing up my dad was really into games and would usually buy new consoles as they came out (or even import from japan), so I got exposed to a lot of different games. But in the past 10 years he really lost interest in games.

>> No.1051883

I wish I had some Op
>Brother autistic, no patience to play games, but watches shit loads of let's plays for games he doesn't care about because he likes the LPer
>3 younger cousins
>eldest has no interest in games, did for a while in his youth, asked to borrow some Mario and Sonic, helped his interest as much as I could without being pushy, but then it died
>middle doesn't have the patience or interest in anything that isn't a party game or a Minecraft clone I forget the name of
>youngest has the attention span of a gnat, he's 8 now has no interest in games and clearly isn't going to grow into them either

I failed you /vr/ I'm sorry.

Though I take solace in the fact they're not as bad as my more distant relatives kids, who love CoD and think almost everything else is shit.

>> No.1051951

>>1051250
it's funny how CODkids all like Minecraft, you would think they would have different player bases

>> No.1051985

I was taking care of my nephew during the summer. He's only 9 but when he was younger, he steal my GBA and play Pokemon firered and be having the time of his life pressing buttons. But I showed him my Mario Kart 64 to show him some history of the series. He didn't like it really because controller was weird. I decided to show him Goldeneye 007. I set it up for 5 point Slap only 1 hit kill mode and he was laughing his ass off and enjoying himself. When he comes over next time, I feel like showing him my Sonic Collection on my Gensis and playing that since he likes Sonic a lot.

>> No.1052012

I've had several cousins, and this is the formula:

>When they're young, they're open-minded and like anything
>Then they start getting in to middle school, and everything that has even a bit of color in it is "for gay faggots"
>Then they grow out of it and start enjoying all games when they hit adulthood.

>> No.1052101

>>1052012
That feel when missing out on Pokemon Gold and Silver because I was going through my 6th grade "POKEMON IS FOR FUCKING FAGS, I NEVER LIKED IT, AM I RIGHT, GUYS?" phase. I had the love of Pokemon squeezed from me by my peers at the time.

>> No.1052119

>>1052101
Im so glad I never had that problem I did not give a shit what people thought about what I liked. I certainly wasn't some loner weeaboo either.

>> No.1052169

>>1052101
that phase and the "anything with color is for gay faggots" phase are the worst! Almost as bad as the dad rock phase.

>> No.1052178

>>1052169
>that feel when went through all of those phases

>> No.1052189

>>1052012
>Then they grow out of it and start enjoying all games when they hit adulthood.
This. The cod kiddies will probably stop saying
>every single game older than 1 year is shit
when they grow up. Assuming they ever get to play an old game at that point.

>> No.1052215

>Be 18
>Nephew is 6
>Plays exclusively Ratchet and CoD since guardians only have those
>Is over one day and sees me playing Mega Man 9
>That looks boring
>"Here, try it"
>It's too difficult but it was fun.
>My eyes light up
>"I have an easier one. Try that one".
>Have him play MM2 on easy
>That was great, do you have 1 and 3 through 8?
>YES. Here, play them.
>Enjoys and finishes them all over the span of around 1 year
>Never knew old games could be so great
>Be 6 years later and now tries any game of any age.
>Guardians still only buy FPSs
>CoD is getting boring. Have any new older 2 player games?
>mfw nephew is starting to enjoy older games more than newer games
>mfw feels destroyed my face off

>> No.1052247

I make my sister play Crash Bandicoot, SMW and showed her DK94 for the GB.

She kinda is bad at games, but as long as she has fun with them it'd be okay with me.

>> No.1052450

>>1051189
>languaje
So close. I was like "You can't even tell over the internet!" but alas... nay... you can.

In any case, I find it cool how well video games can be used for teaching. Not edutainment games or anything, but just the games themselves... Then again there's still mass appeal shit out there too that the stupids like...

>> No.1052465

>>1052450
I learned cursive writing and english by reading the instruction manual for a Kirby game. For whatever reason, the guys in charge of the manual decided it was a good idea to write the story for Kirby's Dream Land 3 in cursive.

>> No.1052472

>>1052465
The only language I've been interested in learning is French (kinda a useless skill unless I plan on going to France, but the language just sounds nice).

Maybe I should check out some french games... Ubisoft often has a language choice when you start their games anyway...

sage for off topic

>> No.1052704

>>1052169
the people who dont leave the dad rock phase are the fucking worst. Yah i like me some classic rock but fuck off kid grateful dead isnt the best band on earth lol

>> No.1052712

>>1052472
It's the 2nd most popular bridge language, so not useless unless you live in places that have lots of immigrants from mexico.

>> No.1052727
File: 54 KB, 630x630, out.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1045139
>our games should be banned for them
>our games
>our
>not wanting to share the history of video games
>posting this on /vr/

>> No.1053147
File: 245 KB, 650x1268, 1270735809217.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1052101

>> No.1053181

>>1053147
>>1052101
I was born in '93, I didn't play the original pokemon games as I didn't have a gameboy colour or anything, but I got a GBA. Man, I played that thing as much as I could. I squeezed every second I could get out of the pokemon games. I was given shit in highschool for it sometimes when I decided I wanted to play some.

But as soon as it got to year 11 or 12, everyone was back into it, that was around the time of heart gold, I think.

>> No.1053186

>>1052215
You're living the life.

I have no younger family that live here that I can teach.

However, my cousin came to visit us with his family from japan, and we had a nice lunch and then sat on the grass in the botanical gardens at my city. Then out of nowhere My cousins 6 year old girl asks for her DS from her mother, and starts playing Yoshi's Island from the SNES.

I played that game when I was a kid, and it was just this nice little moment where I was watching her play, and even my mother said she played it a few times after my brother and I had went to bed.

>> No.1053191

A couple of days ago actually, my cousin, who is 14, comes to visit. Me and my older brother who was also visiting (it was a small family reunion) had set up an Xbox 360 (sorry not retro, BUT IT WILL BE!) in the living room for him, because of its bigger screen. All he wanted to do was play the games he brought, which I thought was ridiculous. Anyways, one thing went to another, and I brought out a mysterious metal case. In the case was Doom 3 Collectors Edition for Xbox original (not even censored, amazing port aside from no option to keep always run on and >console), and started up Doom 2 for me, him, and my brother for splitscreen co-op. Now, my brother was up to the idea, but he wasn't that enthusiastic, and the kid was hopeless. I had put it on an easy difficulty but he still trudged around like it was a tactical shooter, and he apparently didn't know what the enemy was either, because he kept shooting me and ignoring the actual demons. He somehow managed to walk around the starting point for the entire time while I managed to complete level after level. I tried to teach him how to play so he wouldn't be so bored "press x to open doors, hold left trigger to run" and so on, but he then claimed that "THIS GAME IS BORING. I CANT EVEN AIM UP OR JUMP THIS GAME IS UNREALISTIC." and he and my brother left the room. I began playing the game on singleplayer on ultra violence, when he comes back in and watches me for a little bit. I beat about 3 levels, and started waving the controller at him while saying "Come on, try it! You know you want to!", and he actually said sure! Probably because you could see better with fullscreen as opposed to 1/4 screen, but I was happy he wanted to try. He then just moved forward, and got hit by imps for a little while then asked if he could play GTA IV. I don't understand why I even thought he would be interested in Doom, but I felt crushed. After that, he played Grand Theft Auto until he passed out and left the next morning.

>> No.1053218

None of my friends ever really seem interested in retro games, beyond the Marios and the Mega Mans and what have you. Whatever, more for me.

>> No.1053227

>>1053191

>what are paragraphs

>> No.1053231

>>1053227
>what is reaching 2000 letter limit and preserving space
I may have been able to be a little more literate however, so I am sorry.

>> No.1053238

>>1053186
It really is something different watching newer generations play older games. Sadly, the majority of them play what is around and most of the time, it is Online Multiplayer #7341. I know of very few, counting internet stories, newer generation children who enjoy both old and new.

>> No.1053268

>>1052704
It's nice to chill out to some Wishbone Ash now and again. makes good music for when I have to take something apart, too.

>> No.1053276
File: 40 KB, 200x200, 1345426260364.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>niece visits
>be NEET and ashamed and think she hates me so stay in my room
>she sneaks in one day because I don't know
>sees all my game stuff, posters on the wall, boxes stacked to the ceiling
>she has a DSi and loves NSMB
>Show her NES and SNES, play SMB3, SMW, Kirby
>give her a look at some DS games, she borrows Rhythm Heaven and TWEWY
>download Shantae for her DSi
>feel a little less depressed because one person in my family doesn't actually hate me

>> No.1053287

>>1052101
I think I was in kindergarten when Red and Blue came out, and I fucking despised the entire thing.

Then my parents got me a lime green GameBoy Color with Pokemon Gold, and I realized how wrong I was.

>> No.1053306

>>1053287
>lime green
indigo is where its at

ontopic: I have a 4 year old cousin who would just play Wii all day. Since he loved Mario, I thought I could introduce him to the older games. (SMB1 through 64). Needless to say, he loved them very much. He's about 6 or 7 now.

>> No.1053309

>>1053287
>lime green game boy colour

yes.

>> No.1053310

>niece and nephew run into room, ages 8 and 4 respectively
>"Whatcha playing Anon?"
>"Mario"
>they walk over and look at my computer screen, I'm playing Mario 64
>"Can we play?"
>let them play, explain controls
>they take turns dicking around with jumping and whatnot
>tell niece that she should bring the baby penguin to the momma penguin
>instruct her in picking up the penguin
>she then proceeds to drop the penguin off the cliff
>both of them start laughing hysterically

Also got them to play a bit of Super Mario World, NBA Jam, and Street Fighter II. They're older now, niece is about to be 13 soon. Not sure if they play a whole lot of games, but last time I saw them (a couple years ago) my niece was playing through Skyward Sword, and told me she had beaten Twilight Princess. When she wasn't played Skyward Sword, my mom was showing her A Link To The Past, and she seemed to enjoy it. Her brother wasn't interested in Zelda, but when he wasn't trying to beat me up he wanted to play Mario, so that was cool.

>> No.1053330
File: 120 KB, 400x400, protobar.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1052704
>tfw 18 and legitimately like Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones, but everyone pegs me as a hipster for it

>> No.1053423

>>1053330
I know that feeling. I'm not into Led Zeppelin or classic rock so much, but I get called a hipster for playing old games.

It's easy to spot the hipsters though, they generally are the ones who are most outwardly for that thing. I see many people wearing KISS shirts who know nothing about the band, and people who wear mario shirts who've only played the new ones without finishing them.

To many people, hobbies are a fashion accessory.

>> No.1053443

>>1053238
It's special. I think in Japan it's more common to play older games though?

>> No.1056151

>Be 24 niece comes over wants to play a game. >Pull out Nintendo show her Megaman2.
>Warn her the game might be a little hard.
>Mfw she couldn't figure out how the jumping works.

>> No.1056164

>>1053330

to be fair you're still really young

i'm 25, which is also still young, and the person i was when i was 18 was ridiculous and superficial as all get-out

>> No.1056265

>>1053423
man, i hate seeing people wearing Pink Floyd shirts and know NOTHING of the band outside "Another Brick in the Wall Pt 2" or "Money" or some shit.

god damn. go listen to Animals, plebs.

oh, that's right. this is a retro game board, not music. I get labelled a hipster by my friends, but more as a joke. I go to swapmeets every other sunday, so, saturday nights, I go home early from hang outs to sleep, and they always make some joke about "the hipster" waking up needlessly early to hunt for more hipster accessories.

>> No.1057323

>>1053147

I love this comic but it always irks me that the guy with the Diglett hat has his Pokewalker the wrong way up. The implication is that it's upside down and clipped on underneath but if you take a look at the Pokewalker the red would be on the bottom if this was the case.

>> No.1057380

>>1056265
>>1053423

>complains about being called hipsters
>calls people wearing clothes with words hipsters

how about we just let people wear and enjoy whatever they want without scrutinizing everything into shit.

>> No.1057550

>>1045287
tsundere

>> No.1057552

>>1045313
reported for terrorism

>> No.1057574

>>1049758
dude you have to have autism to not 'get' a simple game like mario or mega man

some games are timeless

>> No.1057582

>>1051951
It's because they're instant gratification no challenge, no punishment, no reward games

>> No.1057586

>>1052101
Thank god I wasn't part of a clique and therefore never encountered peer pressure. I just didn't have friends, so I played/listened to/read whatever I enjoyed

>> No.1059801
File: 2.77 MB, 287x191, 1375773482469.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1048402
Thanks, anon. I needed that.

>> No.1062861

My little nephew plays online flash games. Whoa cool. All pretty easy, he knows of Mario so I thought I'd start him out with some good 'ol classic Sonic. Five minutes later, "Sonic is hard." WHAT! YOU'RE LIKE EIGHT YEARS OLD, WHAT THE FU....THERE'S ONLY ONE BUTTON. All my raging feels.

>> No.1062867

>>1057582
>Minecraft
>Instant gratification
wut