[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 154 KB, 1072x739, superman64[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1039465 No.1039465 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone here played one of the infamous games that are always brought up when talking about "worst ever" games?

I got Superman 64 when I was a kid, and I didn't really think it was THAT bad until near the end. I remember some big level that looked like a parking lot or some shit, with plenty of big empty rooms and a brown-ish color scheme. That was the point where I realized the game was really bad, because that level was impossible to finish, as I would keep getting stuck into the floor and the walls because of glitches.

So, anyone of you guys went into one of those unholy games and somewhat liked it, before the internet made them mainstream examples of games gone wrong?

>> No.1039482
File: 14 KB, 769x671, gfs_39773_3_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pic related.
It's a pretty fun game if you don't mind punishing (often for bullshit reasons) difficulty. The music is great.

>> No.1039485

Superman64. The flying sections did fucking suck, but the portions of the game where you could toss cars around, beat the shit out of people, and eye lazer shit was fun.

>> No.1039494

>>1039482
I've never heard anyone say that's a horrible game, other than the AVGN episode.

Speaking of AVGN, I hated his episode about Castlevania 64, he just doesn't get that he has to press C Left to dump the nitro or the mandragora, even though he had to press that button to pull levers and interact many times before the castle stage. Also, C64 is probably my favourite one out of the classic Castlevania games. I especially have fond memories of the mansion maze area, with the chainsaw zombie hunting you, that shit was really intense, the whole game was also very atmospheric.

>> No.1039507

Wasn't the prototype version of this much better than the actual released game?

>> No.1039509

>>1039507
Oh lord yes

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/04/superman-64-proto-tech-demo/

>> No.1039514
File: 37 KB, 640x480, Dragon-ball-z-ultimate-battle-22-screenshot-001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Never played Big Rigs, but i've played DBZ UB22. Well, the game sucks a lot for many reasons, but at least it still playable, although any SFC, Genesis or Saturn's DBZ is funnier than it. And it is waaaay better than Slaughter Sport/Fatman, even more if you're thinking on it's DOS version.