[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games


View post   

File: 1.14 MB, 4080x3072, 7DA7B99A-D3B0-4ADE-98C1-8940BE0D7288.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10246841 No.10246841 [Reply] [Original]

Rank Megaman 1 - 6

for me it’s 5 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 4

>> No.10246845

2 is the only good one

>> No.10246848

your order is literally backwards lol
for me it's 2 = 3 = 4 > 1 = 6 >>> 5

>> No.10246862

>>10246841
The exact same ranking except I never played 6

>> No.10246898

3>2>5>4>=6>>>1
I got into the series 10 years ago. I have a personal attachment to 3 because it was the first Mega Man game I beat, and I also unironically played it for 100+ hours and beat probably 80+ times.
2 is also really good, and I really enjoyed 5. 4 and 6 are pretty good. 1 is no doubt a classic and still a solid game, just a little rough around the edges.
I might as well rank the Game Boy games too:
V>=IV>III>>Dr. Wily’s Revenge>>>>II
V was amazing and I prefer it over 5 on NES. IV is on par with it, but loses a point for being less original. III is good, but a little too hard at some points, and has more polish compared to Dr. Wily’s Revenge and especially II. Dr. Wily’s Revenge is a good start to this subseries, but can be unnecessarily hard because of the lack of the slide, charge shot, and E-Tanks. Some of the levels were really tough too. II is one of the few Mega Man games I played that I’d say is flat-out mediocre. The controls are off compared to the other Game Boy games, many of the sprites are ugly, music sounds bad (good songs themselves, but way too high-pitched), and way too easy. Makes Normal mode (aka easy mode) on 2 look like the hardest Mega Man game in comparison. Quint is also not as cool as the Mega Man Killers.

>> No.10246909

5=3=2
6
4
1

It's a rough estimate though because what happens is even though I rank 4 pretty low I'll return to it a lot because I get the itch for it again. The opposite happens with 2, where I'll get bored of it because of overexposure and look to play one of the other ones. A lot of times my "favorite" is the one I haven't played in a while. Oddly enough, I rank 1 at the bottom because it's way rougher around the edges but it's also the fastest to beat so I tend to finish it more often.

>> No.10246932

3>2>1>4

Didn't play 5 or 6

>> No.10246943

>>10246845
FPBP. This shovelware shit isn't impressive.

>> No.10246961

>>10246848
well we just have to disagree

>> No.10246983

5 is the worst one yet it's still leagues above all other nes games

seriously, the nes sucks. capcom pulled magic out

>> No.10247140

>>10246841
Batman > 6 > 2 > Ducktales > 4 > 3 > 5 > Ironsword > 1

>> No.10247164

>>10247140
You bring in all these unrelated games and yet you don't even mention Darkwing Duck

>> No.10247457

>>10246841
>5 is the best
I always promote the music in 5, napalm man, stone man, gravity man are top tier nes tracks but even I admit that 5 is probably overall the worst of the original 6. Still a pretty good game though.

>> No.10247475
File: 177 KB, 1336x680, 1600200368298.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10247475

>>10246841
3>4>2>1>5>6
Hard to dispute this.

>> No.10247497

>>10246841
Mega Man 3 was the best in terms of level design. It wasn’t ruined by the charger, and nearly every level has a screenshot worthy gimmick.

>> No.10248026

>>10247457
I genuinely hate 4

>> No.10248060

Games: 2, 3, 4=5, 6, 1
Music: 2, 3=5, 4, 6, 1

>> No.10248065

I've only played 2 :/

>> No.10248087
File: 8 KB, 427x192, mega man ranking.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10248087

R8

>> No.10248094

>>10246841
5 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 3
i don't understand the love for 3 at all.
6 could potentially be higher but i've spent by far the least time on it compared to the others. its a close race regardless

>> No.10248175
File: 60 KB, 364x538, dankeykang.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10248175

2, 1, 5, 3, 4, 6

>> No.10248248

>>10246848
My order is the same as yours except I'd put it like 2 > 3 = 4 = 1 >> 6 >>> 5 (and I still enjoy 5 alright which just shows how good the series is)

>> No.10248415
File: 592 KB, 579x940, 1632101884915.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10248415

>>10246841
3 > 1 >>> 4 = 2 >>> 6 > 5

>Very enjoyable levels in the first and third ones
>The second and fourth are the more "polished" ones but aren't as fun
>Fifth and sixth aren't all that interesting

>> No.10248539

4 > 6 > 5 > 3 > 1 > 2

>> No.10248679

>>10248087
This is perfectly agreeable

>> No.10248698

6>2>4>5>3>1
6 is the best in every way, difficulty fags can choke themselves.
And in the soundtrack department 6 is the best soundtrack of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsQ8dpS-RJY

>> No.10248724
File: 3 KB, 39x27, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10248724

>>10246841
wtf is this hahahaha first time ever seeing megaman 4 cartridge i only ever had I think megaman 6? god I can't even fucking remember these pictures though just seem so fucking weird.

>> No.10248756

>>10248415
crystal man stage is cool and napalm man’s stage has a nice gimmick

>> No.10248760
File: 936 KB, 1528x2100, 1CA8C210-C97B-42A5-BAAD-FDB0600F0FB2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10248760

>>10248724
the rare instance the european box art is better

>> No.10248795

>>10246841
4 > 6 > 1 > 3 > 2 > 5

>> No.10248802

>>10246841
4 >2 > 6 >>>>> 3 >>> 5 > 1

>> No.10248847

>>10246841
chronologically, I would say something like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

>> No.10248858
File: 215 KB, 720x480, 1679844511914719.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10248858

>>10246841
1
>No charging or sliding, but forgivable since it's the first one
2
>Better than 1 overall
>Music is overplayed by this point...can't stand it
>Meme game
3
>Buggy as fuck
>Stages don't fit themes of robot masters
6
>Most refined gameplay
>Story doesn't interest me
>Protoman should've been playable by now.
5
>Yup it's another Mega Man game.
4
>First game where everything came together.
>Gets top slot for me because it has the best collection of robot masters

>> No.10248869
File: 1.75 MB, 1372x1065, BluesEnjoyingTheSmellOfHisOwnFart.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10248869

4 > 1> 2 > 3 > 6 > 5

>> No.10248878
File: 3.37 MB, 1162x1600, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10248878

>>10248760
yea but this box art is just fucking hilarious lmao

>> No.10248960

>>10246841
2 > 1 > 3

>> No.10249003

>>10248878
Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

People bought that game. They made 12 sequels. That hilarious huh.

>> No.10249025

6 > 5 > 4 > > > > > 3 = 2 > > > > > 1

OG trilogy is overrated to shit. All 6 are still better than 99% of the NES catalog

>> No.10249045

>>10246841
4 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 2 > 3
4 is great, there's almost nothing wrong with that game and it has some really fun standout elements as well so it's not too bland. 1 has great weapons and doesn't overstay it's welcome but it's a bit more rough, some of the bosses and stages are really basic and the propeller platforms are glitchy. 6 is fine but a bit less smooth due to adapters and the slide issue, along with a long final castle. 5 is horribly unbalanced but it can be fun. 2 and 3 start out decent but become worse as they go on, to the point where their finales are complete garbage.

>> No.10249560

>>10246841
5>6>2>3>1>4

>> No.10249641
File: 112 KB, 960x1280, 470BE37A-D9EE-4C2E-85ED-649F8410523C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10249641

>>10246841
>5 is your favourite

>> No.10249647

>>10248878
I think the box art is funny too, as do many others. Don't listen to the other guy.

>> No.10250203

>>10249647
I wasn't even allowed to buy it growing up because of how weird it looks. I actually think because of the weird box arts places like Funkoland drew their own art for the games cause I honestly don't remember any of these looking like that growing up. Or maybe I'm just from a different timeline where the art looked better. I just don't remember them being this bad and hilarious looking.

>> No.10251616

>>10246841
5>2>4>3>6>1

>> No.10251638
File: 578 KB, 255x249, image_83.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10251638

>all the people who put 5 as their favourite

>> No.10251674
File: 15 KB, 232x217, IMG_9108.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10251674

Lame! Why do people hate 1?? Are people just filtered by yellow devil? Fun bosses. Fun levels. Super fun glitches. And the stupid platform gun is the most fun weapon in the entire series! You nerds hate fun!

>> No.10251684
File: 2 KB, 125x117, ydthumb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10251684

>>10251674
I like 1 and the Yellow Devil isn't bad.

>> No.10251697

>>10251674
1 is the one of the most solid and well balanced in the series. But there are two factors in play, one, people look at things at surface level and think "MM1 looks old", and two, they're fucking casuals. Same reasons why they put 5 as their favourite but in reverse.

>> No.10251786

for me it’s 5 > 3 > 6> 1 > 2 > 4

>> No.10251808

>>10246943
Mega Man 2 was shat out in under four months including testing. 2 is shovelware

>> No.10252192

>>10246841
Megaman didn't get good until X the rest are all trash

>> No.10252923

>>10246841
4 > 3 > 2 > 6 > 5 > 1

>> No.10254516

>>10251808
this