[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 34 KB, 260x367, Shinobido Way of the Ninja.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10217650 No.10217650 [Reply] [Original]

I've been told that this game is a very underrated Tenchu clone and a must-play for anyone who likes ninjas. Is this true?

>> No.10217673

It's not really a Tenchu 'clone', and more of it's own thing. There's three warlord factions fighting each other and you do missions for each so you can find out about your past. There's multiple endings based on which faction you side with.

Missions are basically "presets" that vary by the map. They give you a lot of freedom on how to approach them but the cost of that is that they can be more repetitive. There's a good deal of presets though.

The whole faction thing is cool because you can do things like steal rice from a faction and make their soldiers hungry in the next mission, or double-cross them by stealing key items they ask you to retrieve. If you're spotted though, they find out and attack you at your base (which is its own kinda tower-defense style minigame).

There's a cool alchemy system where you mix things to create some OP items, and also a map-editor. Movement in this game is way faster in Tenchu but I've seen some anons complain about the jumping. For me it was fine though. You can do some crazy stuff in this game.

>> No.10217735

>>10217673
I'll give it a shot then. Thanks.

>> No.10218871

>>10217650
they could have picked a better name than "shinobido"

>> No.10220863

no, it's a meme. you should play it anyway to learn how not to design a tutorial.

>> No.10221020

>>10217650
the game is great, honestly prefered it over tenchu