[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 370 KB, 467x750, rampage.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10140464 No.10140464 [Reply] [Original]

Growing up I feel like I saw Rampage a lot, one of the arcade machines I saw more than anything in various places. I guess to me it's always been an iconic arcade game in my mind, but it doesn't seem to be cared about that much, so what are general opinions about it? And was it very common or was this just my fluke experience?

>> No.10140495

Midway machines were everywhere. If there was a pizzeria or any random business that had only one arcade machine then chances are it was NFL Blitz, Ultimate MK3, or Cruisin' USA. They must have had a very good distribution model that made it an attractive buy for a place only looking for one or two games.

>> No.10140501

Most people played some variety of Rampage game and enjoyed it somewhat. But there's not much to talk about because they are shallow button mashers.

>> No.10140510
File: 16 KB, 213x194, 1592097141740.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My local hot dog joint had one next to a Funhouse pin. The place closed down recently but apparently they relocated, hopefully they still have ol' Rampage there too. Lots of fun with friends or jumping in beside randos and going ape. You know, assuming he wasn't already taken.

>> No.10140513

>>10140464
Rampage was at literally every movie theater

>> No.10140720

Midway took a cool idea, made it simple enough for an arcade machine, and in the process made a boring game without enough personality. If you go to an arcade, laundromat, pizzeria and see a line of arcade games along the wall, would you really pick Rampage? Imagine how much the other games would have to suck.