Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/vr/ - Retro Games

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.3788910 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3788910

>>3788901
yeah i've seen your fiddly fucking magic producing the fake 3D perspective cheats, it's impressive

but like you say, level flow is most important

i'm trying to look at my level like a D&D map in terms of goals and a sense of understanding why you are doing what you are doing, but goddamn is that a tricky story to tell using nothing more than the environment sometimes, especially with vanilla/chocolate constraints

>> No.3575753 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3575753

>>3575745
physics aren't really my problem

currently i have two issues; the first is that regardless of how many ticks i put in before the grenade actor is supposed to detonate, it will explode as soon as it stops bouncing.

the second is that i'm kind of stumped when it comes to combining spinning frames with an actor that explodes after a set amount of time

this was a lot simpler when i was using vanilla doom assets as stand-ins

>> No.3563238 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3563238

>>3563228
the wad doesn't seem to be working properly for some reason... for one thing it starts you off in a map instead of the hub, and when you beat that map and it sends you to the hub all of the "doors" to the various levels are full of fireblu and don't take you anywhere.

>> No.3551595 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3551595

So I started working on Fisticuffs again, dear god, now I remember why I stopped working on it

It's like untangling a tumbleweed made out of dental floss

>> No.3542063 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3542063

>edit decorate
>test it
>'oh wow that's really cool, but broken'
>revert changes
>test again
>'now this looks like shit'
>proceed to switch the code back and forth while looking for potential fixes for a few hours as you sink deeper into despair

modding is a harsh mistress

>> No.3512831 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3512831

>>3512602
it turns out the eradicator would still fire with no ammo because i'm an idiot, updated the download

>> No.3482691 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3482691

>>3482684
oh man i made a ytmnd out of this years ago with some awful D&B remix

http://ripandtearanddance.ytmnd.com/

ah, youth

>> No.3410685 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3410685

>Quakecon sale!
>50% off Bethesda titles!

>> No.3360616 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3360616

Anybody know how to make a custom monster spawn in-air like a lost soul without offsetting its sprites and fucking its hitboxes?

Bats don't look cool when they spawn on the floor

>> No.3336603 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3336603

Yholl plz where is guns

>> No.3259208 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3259208

>>3259185
ACS is where the magic happens, baby

Too bad it's all Greek to me

>> No.3175228 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3175228

>>3175172
host a BestEver server, and/or play on /vr/ servers when they pop up

some day soon i'll toss up an instagib or fisticuffs server, i stopped doing it because i'd regularly get no more than 5 connections and maybe 1-3 players that would actually stick around

>> No.3158462 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3158462

>>3158323
i'm going to go out on a limb and assume that this is not zandro compatible

>> No.3113386 [View]
File: 34 KB, 500x497, 1448078196479.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
3113386

PET HISSY WHEN

WHEN



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]