Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.9897190 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

The Tau find a working STC.

How hard does the Machanicus rage?

>> No.9897213

1. How do they find out? Do they have SUPER SPIES EVERYWHERE?
2. What the fuck is Tau R&D going to do with a design schematic they can't use in a language they don't speak?
3. Who cares?

>> No.9897229

>>9897190
they send a large force along with asking for help from certain space marine chapters with ties to them, and annihilate the Tau once and for all.

>> No.9897256

>>9897213
>Do they have SUPER SPIES EVERYWHERE?

Yes.
It's well established in multiple canon sources that they rival the Inquisition.

>> No.9897268

>>9897256
In that case.

EXTERMINATUS IS THE ONLY OPTION

>> No.9897316

>>9897229

>> No.9900637

STC?

>> No.9900645

What's an STC?

>> No.9900668

>>9900637
>>9900645
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/STC

>> No.9900685

The Angry Marines would have to be dispatched! Tau don't stand a chance.

>> No.9900692

>>9900645
>>9900637
Kinda like STD's and Pokemans. You are not cool until you catch 'em all!

>> No.9900712

>>9897213
This.

The Mechanicus will scream in Glee when the I.G promptly attack the Tau, and shit themselves when they figure out that the STC is just another Rhino Variant.

>> No.9900728

>>9900637
>>9900645
If you faggots don't know what an STC is you should fucking stop playing 40K right now and sell your fucking SPESH MAHREENS

>> No.9900746

not very hard till they find out the tau integrated it.

Give it about a week for them to copy it down, and another week for them to hand it straight over to some friendly humans. One third week and its in mechanicus hands again.

>> No.9900752

>>9900728
>stop playing 40K

They, uh, probably don't anyway.

>> No.9900791

in before the Tau make improvements on the technology by weeaboofying it

>> No.9900792

>>9900712
>The Mechanicus will scream in Glee when the I.G promptly attack the Tau, and praise the Omnisiah when they figure out that the STC is another Holy Rhino Pattern.

Repaired.

>> No.9900794

>>9900712
"WE HAVE FINALLY RECOVERED THE HOLY STC!"
>opens
>Tricycle

>> No.9900801

>>9900752
LIES

EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD SERVES THE GLORY OF THE EMPEROR

ANYONE ELSE IS A FURFAG SYMPATHISER AND SHOULD GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY /TG/

>> No.9900806

>>9900752
>They, uh, probably don't anyway.
than fuck for that

>> No.9900838

>>9900794
BROTHERS

WE SHALL PEDAL TO GLORY ON OUR MIGHTY BATTLE TRICYCLE

CHAOS SHALL KNOW THE TERROR OF OUR FRILLY HANDLEBAR RIBBONS

...

This needs drawfagging.

>> No.9900849

>>9900794

0100011001010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101
0101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101
01010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101

>> No.9900876

>>9900794
Praise the Emperor, a new design for the holy tricylclus!

We will endeavour to fabricate such a fantastic relic as soon as we are able!

>> No.9900892

>>9900876
naturally, the SM refuse to use it for the next 4,000 years, considering it 'unreliable' and 'untested in battle'.

>> No.9900903

>>9900849
lol'd hard

>> No.9900943

Don't worry, the STC is actually a demon because there is no progress in 40k.

>> No.9900968

>>9900892

Nah, it's a mount for inquisitors who wish to ride into battle but think a chimaera is a waste.

>> No.9900969

>>9900943

The end will truly be upon us then. None can stand before this unholy construct of pure terror.

>> No.9900978

Are we talking a single pattern, or one of the full on "do anything machines"? If it's the latter we're looking at every single titan legion, every experimental device ever crafted by Mars, and probably the entire Iron Hands legion. To say nothing of skitarri, tanks, bigger tanks, and every IG and marine force that owes the Mechanicum a favour.

Mechanicum would do ANYTHING to get a proper STC.

>> No.9901033

>>9900943
I raged hard at the fact he MADE THE DAMN THING INTO A DAEMON. WAY TO GO, GAY KNIGHTS...

>> No.9901045

>>9900978
Let's assume the latter because the entire Admech mobilizing for all out war would be awesome.

Someone summon a writefag

>> No.9901066

>>9900978

This, the full force of the Mechanicum would annihilate the Tau.

>> No.9901078

An STC as in schematics for a single STC item, or an entire functional STC system with a complete and intact database of designs?

If the former, nearby forces would be mobilised until the blessed technology was safe in AdMech hands, with additional stompings for the Tau if they'd tried constructing modified versions of the item - that's blasphemy, son.

If the latter, the entire Mechanicus would wage the greatest Machine Crusade ever seen, Tau worlds would burn until the STC was recovered. And then they'd burn some more as punishment for the AdMech's equivalent of the Holy Grail getting all sullied by filthy xenos fingers.

Should the Tau do anything so foolish as to destroy the STC system to get the AdMech off their back, what follows would pretty much be an extinction event.

>> No.9901109

>The entire Admech going to war against the Tau

>> No.9901115

>>9901078

>Should the Tau do anything so foolish as to destroy the STC system to get the AdMech off their back, what follows would pretty much be an extinction event.

Oh lordy lordy the RAGE from this would be almost beyond description. They would be fucked beyond measure.

>> No.9901122

>>9901066

THIS.

SERIOUSLY.

THE MECHANICUS KEEP SHIT UNDER WRAPS THAT WOULD HAVE THEM DAMNED FOR HERESY AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE, BUT THEY WOULDN'T THINK TWICE ABOUT PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS TO ANNIHILATE THE SHIT OUT OF THE TAU TO GET AT A FULLY FUNCTIONAL STC.

THE TAU EMPIRE COMMANDS ABOUT 34 WORLDS, LAST I READ.

TITANS WOULD *RAIN DOWN* ON THOSE 34 WORLDS, BLOTTING OUT THE SUN WITH SHELLS LARGER THAN ENTIRE BUILDINGS, UNLOADING BOLTS STILL WHITE-HOT FROM ORBITAL DROP.

PLASMA WOULD TURN THE GROUND INTO CINDER AND ASH, MELTA BEAMS WOULD COOK WHOLE CITIES.

THE TAU EMPIRE WOULD DROWN UNDER A TIDE OF IRON AND STEEL.

>> No.9901129

Must not....produce....sub par.....writefaggotry........

>> No.9901144

>>9901122
>THE TAU EMPIRE WOULD DROWN UNDER A TIDE OF IRON AND STEEL.


WRITEFAGS

>> No.9901148

>>9901122
Then the Tau will fight in the shade.

>> No.9901150

>>9901109
This is now my favourite premise for W40K plot advancement.

>> No.9901158

>>9901122
You know what would be funny?
If the Mechanicus did that, but accidentally destroyed the STC along with everything else.

>> No.9901159

>>9901122

Don't stop....don't stop....too much glorious awesome....

>> No.9901160

>>9901122

Meanwhile, forge worlds all over the Imperium come under attack as the Titan Legions are engaged elsewhere. Tzeentch rubs his hands together.

>> No.9901167

>>9901122
And then the AdMech would go "oops, shit, we probably shouldn't have bombarded the ever-loving hell out of the planet that had the STC on".

>> No.9901195

Better question: Tau realise what they have and just how much rape they face.

How *little* can they get fucked if they phone up the AdMech and scream "TAKE IT, TAAAKKKEEE IIITTT, IT'S YOURS!"?

>> No.9901200

>>9901158
>>9901167

Obviously they'd send in a team of highly trained secutors or whatever their assassin/espionage types are called to retrieve the STC.

>> No.9901203

Whats stopping the Tau from destroying it out of spite if attacked and faced with inevitable species destruction for finding it anyway?

>> No.9901215

>>9901203
Nothing, really; it's a no-win situation for everyone. Unless the Tau copy the STC data really, really quickly, then toss the thing into space for the Mechanicus to find.

>> No.9901224

>>9901203
The concept of the greater good? If they can preventing the extinction of their race, they will obviously do so.

>> No.9901239

>>9901224
Oh shi-
What if the tau only agree to give the STC back to Admech if Admech embraces the greater good?

>> No.9901240

>>9901200
Myrmidons, possibly.

>> No.9901242

>>9901224
But if the Mechanicus found out that the Tau had the STC at any point, they'd launch a war of annihilation just to make sure that no one else had what they did.

>> No.9901250

>>9901195

>How *little* can they get fucked if they phone up the AdMech and scream "TAKE IT, TAAAKKKEEE IIITTT, IT'S YOURS!"?

Since it is auto-win for humanity, a few years before inevitable DAoT WTFPWN slams them to dust.

>> No.9901251

>>9901148
Not for long, with all that plasma

>> No.9901257

>>9901224
>>9901215

Even if the tau did give up the STC, the admech would probably exterminate the entire race on the off chance they did copy even the tiniest bit.

>> No.9901276

>>9901257
But le gasp... That would advance the plot!

By the way, how would actually the Admech work if they accepted the greater good?

>> No.9901283

What if the Orks got their hands on a complete STC, which adapted itself to display its knowledge in a way that would both interest and inform them?

>> No.9901288

>>9901283
They'd probably just smash it.
Imagine that news getting back to the Mechanicus...

>> No.9901290

>>9901276
the greater good of the omnissah

>> No.9901291

>>9901122

I don't know that they'd open up with an attack right from the get-go.

But I think it's safe to say that every world in the Tau Empire would suddenly acquire a fucking huge halo of fucking huge AdMech ships, broadcasting on all frequencies a demand for the Tau to hand over the STC immediately or perish utterly.

>> No.9901294

>>9901276
They'd accept it, and as soon as they got what they want, grind the tau into their component atoms.

Doesn't matter if the Tau copied and started implementing the tech, the Imperium has a much larger industrial base.

>> No.9901296

>>9901239
>>9901257

"Join... yeeeeeesss... sure.... can we just see it first? Just for a moment?"

Ten minutes later the facility is on fire as a techpriest with a dark age of technology egg-whisk goes on the rampage.

>> No.9901306

>>9901288

They'd smash it for the lulz. Mekboyz are Ork STC's, Waagh won't need anything else.

>> No.9901308

>>9901288

And their screams, horrid screams in binary, of frustration as they realise there is little to nothing they can do to effectively exact retribution upon the endless Ork hordes.

>> No.9901313

>>9901291
Although the Tau could then reply with a demand for the Mechanicus to back off, or they'd destroy the STC at once. It could turn into a very long standoff...

>> No.9901316

>>9901306
Looted non-overheating plasma guns?

>> No.9901329

>>9901195

That depends. If the STC is retrieved with finger prints on it's Holy Chassis, mass destruction for angering it's machine spirit.

>> No.9901336

>>9901296

I think the Tau facing this weapon of unparalleled horror will be almost, but not quite, worthy of pity.

>> No.9901337

>>9901283

Dakka beyond the wildest imaginings of flash gits. Bikes fasta den da speed of red. Gubbins fer everywun!

>> No.9901339

>>9901291

"SHAS'O, WHERE DID THE STARS GO?"

>> No.9901352

>>9901308
Suddenly the entire admech gets to work on a virus that renders orks psycologically incapable of violence, while keeping their current personalities.

ORK HELL ACHIEVED

>> No.9901353

>>9901336
>>9901296
Back in the Dark Age of Technology, they invented plasma egg beaters.

>> No.9901359

>>9901316

Non-overheating plasma is always S6, even if it's the Eldar Starcannon which is advanced beyond Imperial understanding. Shitsux.

>> No.9901364

>>9901239

AdMech agree.
Retrieved STC.
Nuke the everloving shit out of every Tau planet.
Business as usual.

>> No.9901367

I don't get 40k. Technology = heresy, but a STC is instant-win for the Imperium and the adech would do anything to posses it?

That's almost as silly as space orks.

>> No.9901376

>>9901239

Wouldn't work.

That'd be like telling the Pope "Oh hey, we found this big shiny golden box thing, and this cup thing, and this big wooden cross thing, and we'll give them back to you if you convert to Scientology."

The Mechanicus would demand the immediate and unconditional return of the STC. If the Tau refuse or even hesitate for too long, the Mechanicus fire a warning shot from Dark Age of Technology planet-killer weaponry they have retrieved from the tech-crypts specially for this purpose.

And by warning shot I mean they annihilate a moon or something.

>> No.9901383

>>9901353

Plasma weapons are, in fact, repurposed egg beaters. Justt like Leman Russes are tractors.

>> No.9901386

>>9901367
>Technology = heresy
Wut? No it isn't. Only certain things that could fuck over the Imperium, like AI, or Xeno tech is heresy.

>> No.9901393

>>9901339

Oh SHIIIIIIIII-

>> No.9901397

>>9901306
>which adapted itself to display its knowledge in a way that would both interest and inform them?
I'm pretty sure if it was displaying instructions on how to get more dakka and more choppy, the Mekboyz or a sufficiently smart Boss would take advantage.

>> No.9901402

>>9901337
DAoT Orks
Nice 1337 there, chap.

>> No.9901404

>>9901386

Then why is it called the Dark Age of Technology? Why doesn't the Imperium ever improve its tech?

>> No.9901410

>>9901367
Technology is not heresy. Dicking around trying to figure out how technology works is considered heresy, because it can lead to FUCKING DEMONS EXPLODING OUT OF YOUR EARS.
STOP APPLYING REAL WORLD LOGIC TO A WORLD WHERE BEING TOO OPEN-MINDED CAUSES MONSTERS FROM BEYOND THE REALM OF NIGHTMARES TO CROWBAR YOUR BRAIN OPEN AND CRAWL INTO REALITY THROUGH YOUR EYES.

>> No.9901414

>>9901367

Tech heresy is heresy because it is NOT derived from an STC as far as I know.

>> No.9901422

>>9901383

Mother of GOD THIS MAKES SENSE

PIC RELATED FOR REACTION, NOT ITS TEXT

>> No.9901426

>>9901404

BECAUSE AIs ATE THE IMPERIUM. Or whatever came before.

>> No.9901431

>>9901367

TECHNOLOGY ISN'T INHERENTLY HERESY.

*FUCKING WITH* TECHNOLOGY IS HERETICAL.

IT'S RITUALIZED AND COVERED IN A THICK VEIL OF RELIGION SO THAT THE COMMON MAN, OR EVEN THE INTELLIGENT NON-MECHANICUS MAN *DOESN'T FUCK WITH IT*.

WHY?

BECAUSE IF YOU BUILT SOMETHING JUST THE RIGHT WAY, EVEN ON ACCIDENT? IT GETS POSSESSED BY CHAOS. YES, FUCKING SERIOUSLY. BUILT A CIRCUIT PATTERN WITHOUT CHECKING IT? BAM. YOU HAVE HORRORS CRAWLING OUT OF YOUR COMPUTER.

SO THE MECHANICUS PUT ON THIS BIG SHOW ABOUT MACHINE SPIRITS AND RITES AND RITUALS TO KEEP OTHER PEOPLE FROM MESSING WITH THE TECHNOLOGY.

THE HIGHER YOU GO IN THE MECHANICUS, THE MORE YOU LEARN THAT IT'S ALL A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT FOR THAT EXPRESS PURPOSE.

THE HEAD TECH-PRIEST PROBABLY HAS DARK AGE OF TECHNOLOGY SHIT *INSIDE HIM* THAT HE KEEPS SECRET, IN CASE THE OTHER HIGH LORDS TURN ON HIM.

>> No.9901434

>>9901404

If they aren't careful, CHAOSINFESTEDBANEBLADESEVERYWHERE.

>> No.9901438

>>9901404
You must be new, the Imperium is improving tech, but only weapons and armor.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dark_Age_of_Technology

>> No.9901452

>>9901367

It's fanwank. The Imperium is crumbling and beset on all sides, an all-out assault to eradicate some fringe xeno enclave in hopes of finding a STC would likely never happen, and if it did it would be painstakingly slow due to travel times - it still takes a looong while to travel into Ultramar from Terra.

Not to mention the various enemies taking advantage of Imperial absence.

>> No.9901473

>>9901404
The Dark Age of Technology was a period in the Imperium's history when armies of sentient AI, aka TECHNOLOGY, rose up and overthrew the glorious golden age of Humanity, exterminating trillions and plunging the Imperium into terror and darkness.

The entire reason the Adeptus Mechanicus hunts for STCs is because they are trying to find some way of getting back to the technology they hold, remnants of the golden age.

>> No.9901476

>>9901397
Imagine Ghazghkull and Orkimedes getting their hands on it.

I wouldn't want to find out what those two would do with it.

>> No.9901480

>>9901367
The AdMech, and Imperium by extension, are so obsessed with trying to reclaim the technology records of a past age that they WILL NOT try to just improve what they've got.

>>9901452
The complexity of a co-ordinated assault given shitty Warp-based travel is a good one.

>> No.9901481

>>9901367

Mechanicus doctrine holds that human science and technology reached its pinnacle during the Golden Age of Technology, and is exemplified in the STC system, each of which contains the sum of human technical knowledge. It is not possible to improve upon Golden Age tech, and to attempt to do so is heresy.

As such, only STC-derived technology is pure and holy, anything not derived from STC technology is vile and unclean. Invention is blasphemy - the only way to obtain new scientific knowledge is to uncover that which has been lost.

>> No.9901487

>>9901306
I bet Kaptin Badrukk will find one and keep it on his hat.

>> No.9901505

>>9900794
>>9900838
BWAHAHA!
Fund it!

>> No.9901506

>>9901115

It would be "I have no Mouth" levels of hate - and if it weren't?

Well, then you'd have senior AdMech forging themselves and servitors into Hate Engines - designed solely for the purpose of loathing the Tau.

>> No.9901524

>>9901506
Hate Servitors? Almost sounds like what Angry Techmarines would use.

>> No.9901525

Remember the tau would have access to the STC so they'd have start building their own super weapons (although weeaboofied) and depending on how long it takes the mechanicus to find out about it and deploy would also give the tau more time to build up their defenses.

>> No.9901528

>>9901506

I like this vision, I like it a lot.

>> No.9901539

>>9901239
Thaaaaat's....ded kunnin'.
The priests of mars were bought for far less during the Horus Heresy.
Mars MIGHT go rogue, or at least suffer a devastating schism.

>> No.9901556

>>9901524
This is the sound which pours from a Hate Servitor's mouthgrille:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U42_NxWJ0Og
That's it. Just a constant stream of incoherent machine rage. The Angry Marines actually find it kind of soothing.

>> No.9901564

What if the Void Dragon woke up (secretly) and started thinking on ways to improve Necron technology?

>> No.9901578

>>9901564
Given that the Void Dragon might be feeding the Admech ideas, there may not be a need to an STC

>> No.9901583

>>9901564

I was under the impression that the necrons basically FINISHED SCIENCE so I'm not sure how you would go about improving their stuff.

>> No.9901590

>>9901583

By making it glow red instead of green.

>> No.9901597

>>9901525

Unfortunately for the Tau, they simply don't have the resources to make effective use of the STC. Even if they tore every single planet in their empire to scrap to create a sort of giant super-weapon, the AdMech still has access to greater amounts of weaponry in frightening orders of magnitude. If the Tau find an STC, they're pretty much fucked. As is, they're probably going to outlast the Imperium as a galactic entity due to sheer entropy, but if they manage to find something the AdMech wants, they're hosed and the Imperium would become completely revitalized technologically. How well the Imperium adapts to having a much higher technological base is another question, given that the AdMech and the high-ups in the Imperium greatly benefit from the status quo.

>> No.9901598

>>9901590
Then they could move faster...

>> No.9901600

>>9901367

Not quite.

The Imperium and Admech just firmly believe that the Emperor and people in the Dark Age did it best, and modifying that is FUCKING HERETICAL.

Dark Age tech is a metallic orgasm for the Admech.

>> No.9901606

>>9901583
Start altering the physical traits of the materium, like change the speed of light, so that more SCIENCE can be done.

>> No.9901612

>>9901590

>> No.9901614

>>9901525

STCs have everything really. Not just weapons. They might end up with the best god-damn agricultural vehicles in the galaxy. Tau aren't the Imperium, they might go for civilian stuff first.

Also, you don't think that the creators foresaw the possibility of alien domination? It's quite likely it needs a genuine human to operate the device. I know the Tau have auxilleries, but still...

>> No.9901617

>>9901606
when you start messing with universal constants things start to go wrong

>> No.9901620

>>9901600
>modifying that is FUCKING HERETICAL

They've been making new space marine power armor over the years, hence the lack of beakies in the present

>> No.9901626

>>9901480

It's not that they WILL NOT, it's that they CAN NOT.

Golden Age science was so advanced because they had hyperintelligent AIs working on it, refining it to the point where it was The Best It Could Be, well beyond the capability of humans to understand. This was cool for a while, and humanity sent out colony ships with STC systems to aid the colonists - the STC system is basically a computer to which you say "I have a bunch of lumber, several barrowloads of manure and a heap of rocks, tell me how to make a power plant", and the computer would tell you how. It could do this with pretty much anything - tell it what you need and what you have on hand, and it'll tell you how to put it together to get what you want.

Then the AIs turned on the stupid squishy meatbags, and there was a big fucking war between humanity and the machines. That's the Dark Age part of it - both sides developed and unleashed unspeakable technological horrors on the other, and humanity only just managed to prevail, though scattered and disarrayed. And most importantly, lacking the AIs which helped them reach such lofty heights in the first place.

>> No.9901637

>>9901614
we need a drawfag to make this, Tau army made up of super advanced tractors with awesome STC weapons mounted on top

>> No.9901652

>>9901600
Not going against STC designs is. They're a whole mess of debate first, see pretty much ever Space Marine weapon design like the Crusader or Annihilator, but it usually falls in place.

>> No.9901670

>>9901637

Fun fact: The Leman Russ battle tank design is based on an STC agricultural tractor chassis design.

STC stuff is hilariously overengineered, but it gets the job done.

>> No.9901678

>>9897268
EXTERMINATUS secundus

>> No.9901680

>>9901670

THIS.

BACK IN THE DAOT, YOU KNOW WHAT THE BREAD-AND-BUTTER TANK WAS? BANEBLADES.

THAT WAS THEIR *GENERIC TANK*.

>> No.9901684

>>9901670

Terminator armour is just power plant reactor safety armour.

>> No.9901691

Tau destroy STC

Each Admech individually reaches AM levels of hate, as well as program it into servitors

Admech birth a chaos god of hate

>> No.9901695

>>9901626
So essentially and STC is a computerised MacGuyver....

>> No.9901696

>>9901597
remember that not all STC was large, heck titans aren't even STC they were made when mars was cut off from earth during the warpstorms after the dark age of humanity.

STC weapons were tractors and tanks and what not that could be made from a planet's resources. It was made for colonist who had to start from basically scratch.

>> No.9901705

>>9901680

Holy shit, really?

That's awesomely impractical.

>> No.9901707

Sure is AdMech wank in this thread. If the Imperium was capable of just wiping out one of the 40k species, wouldn't they have done it after the Damocles Gulf Crusade?

>> No.9901714

>>9901705

This was their super heavy battle vehicle.

>> No.9901716

>>9901705

YES, REALLY.

THEY HAD THE MANUFACTURING CAPABILITIES TO JUST NOT GIVE A *FUCK*.

>> No.9901737

>>9901707
Considering they're constantly fighting a war on a million fronts? The Imperium is more than capable of destroying one faction, but all of them at the same time? Bit difficult.

>> No.9901739

>>9901707
The very same plot armour that keeps the Imperium together and gives the Sanguinor ability to block Khorne's axe with his crotch-wings saved Tau.

Only Eldar, Chaos, Nids and Necrons do not have access to this mystical shielding.

>> No.9901740

>>9901707

The Imperium could if it so desired wipe the Tau out without even exerting itself. They just have more pressing matters. An STC however would change their priorities rather quickly.

>> No.9901745

>>9901707

THEY DON'T HAVE REASON TO.

THE TAU OCCUPY LESS THAN 100 PLANETS.

EVERY OTHER FACTION THE IMPERIUM ARE FACING OCCUPY AT LEAST 3 MAGNITUDES MORE THAN THAT.

THE ADMECH, ESPECIALLY, ARE IGNORING THE TAU BECAUSE THEIR MACHINES ARE "DEAD."

YOU'RE ESSENTIALLY ASKING "WELL WHY DIDN'T AMERICA JUST NUKE VIETNAM OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH AFTER THE WAR? CLEARLY THEY CAN'T AND YOU'RE ALL WANKING."

CAN'T, NOT HAVING SUFFICIENT REASON TO, ETC.

>> No.9901754

>>9901707
Because that time Mechanicus didn't give a shit.
Also, I foresee weeaboo bluefag.

>> No.9901755

>>9901714

Ridiculously impractical and ornate. Looks like an Imperial superheavy, not DAoT at all.

>> No.9901761

>>9901707

Tau are smalltime, and thus low on the list of humanity-threatening foes. Under normal circumstances the Imperium would get to them once they've dealt with the bigger threats - Orks, Tyranids, Necrons, Chaos, etc etc etc etc. The Tau just aren't dangerous enough to be a priority right now.

However, if they came into possession of a working STC, the contents of which could return the Imperium to Golden Age standards of technology (and thus capable of stomping the shit out of all the other threats in short order), you can guarantee that the Tau would shoot right to the top of the list.

>> No.9901762

>>9901755

Shame, it is kinda cool. Oh well.

>> No.9901774

>>9901695
This has to be the best damn description of an STC I've ever read.

>> No.9901784

So uh, where did all that amazing tech go?

>> No.9901791

>>9901774

It's also pretty much true.

>> No.9901798

>>9901784

It was lost in the chaos and confusion of fighting the machine rebellion.

>> No.9901809

Tau player opinion; the empire wouldn't quite recognise what they had stumbled upon (they don't so much reverse engineer as build their own shit) until they started popping cool shit they didnt really know how to use out of it totally at random. The STC would be a giant 'shoot me' sign. Resources normally commited to other threats would be pulled on them hard. They're scrappy enough to hold what they take, and are growing in a slow and deceptive manner, but with the eyes of a nigh endless empire on them and an edge they don't entirely understand they'd be dead in short order.

>> No.9901816

If Imperium finds a STC, it will not end 40k (unless GW goes bankrupt).

Dark Age humans were not even close to Old One/Necron tech, and were undone by their own attempts to advance. Even if the Imperium was DAoT-armed overnight, there would be a greater power out there.

>> No.9901833

>>9901784

Lost over the course of ten thousand years.

The colonists only really needed basic stuff - agricultural machinery, power plants, etc - and didn't bother taking printouts of the more advanced and high-tech stuff. Then the warp spazzed out and all the human worlds were isolated from one another, and more concerned with surviving on their own than asking the STC system about theoretical physics.

Over time the STC systems broke down, failed, were lost or abandoned, but the colonists weren't really bothered because they already knew how to make tractors and power plants, and besides, the grandaddy of all technical libraries was safe and fine back on Mars, right?

Oh no, wait, that got totally fucked over by the AIs and Iron Men. Never mind.

>> No.9901837

>>9901798
Every single bit of it, huh?

>> No.9901859

>>9901837
Well, no, or they wouldn't be searching for it, duh.

But there's so little left that the AdMech would go all-out to grab it.

>> No.9901864

>>9901837

Pretty much. Most of what the Imperium has today is from frozen data screens and printouts that they have found here and there.

>> No.9901869

>>9901816
imperium of man will never find a complete STC, it would fuck up the already unbalanced nature of the universe too much

>> No.9901893

>>9901816
>Dark Age humans were not even close to Old One/Necron tech

Not the point. Suddenly not having to devote resources to produce inferior weaponry would be a huge boon to the Imperium. Being able to basically print out baneblades, functional plasma weapons or whatever else they needed would fuck over pretty much everyone else

>> No.9901898

>>9901869
That's for plot reasons, though.

>> No.9901904

What if the Emperor got to read an STC?

>> No.9901906

>>9901869

*Sigh*

Yeah....

>> No.9901921

>>9901904
>Implying a decaying skeleton can read.

>> No.9901934

Oh goody! We can finally make enormous, unwieldy and inefficient weapons that are so huge that we can't fire them withoug breaking our feeble little blue arms!

>> No.9901939

>>9901893

Removing a handicap just means you're not allowed to compete at the special olympics, not that you'll win the standard one.

>> No.9901940

Roboute Guilliman found a fully functional STC, but he realised he would never be a spiritual liege if it was discovered since Space Marines would be rendered useless. So he ordered it destroyed.

>> No.9901944

>>9901837

Pretty much, yes.

Baron von EvilSatan's got a big chunk of copypasta about it, but the basic gist of it is thus:

The sum of all technological knowledge is stored on big fucking computers, tended to by AIs. Colonists are sent out into the void with copies of this knowledge in order to help them bootstrap themselves to high-technology as easily as possible.

AIs go crazy and try to Kill All Humans.

Humans have to nuke the shit out of the AIs, and this includes the computers they run on, and this includes the computers on which the sum of all technological knowledge is stored.

AIs are defeated, but humanity has lost the knowledge of how to build awesome tech. This knowledge now only exists on the STC systems sent out with the colonists, which were too far away to be infected by the AIs.

>> No.9901970

>>9901921
His brain still works right? Or was the vision part deemed unnecessary? A primarch could read it to him telepathically maybe?

>> No.9901980

>>9901944
>Baron von EvilSatan's got a big chunk of copypasta
copypasta served

The Mechanicus does NOT have the technology. They haven't been living on some fancy paradise planet since pre-Fall. Mars is an anarchic nightmare shithole the moment you leave the safe zones into the kilometres of labyrinthine corridors beneath it full of rogue machinery, self-aware and malevolent AI from before the Fall, and the daemon programs of the Heresy. EVERYTHING in the databases is fucked. The databases are fragmented over the entire surface to the extent that it would be impossible to see one tenth of the total files in the ludicrously extended life of a Magos even assuming that they are completely safe to visit. And they are not.

The files have been corrupted into madness by the Fall, and the unleashing of the most potent informational warfare systems ever to exist to defeat the Iron Men. Nearly all of Mars was rendered uninhabitable, what they live in now is built on the top of the ruins. They send archeotech expeditions in to find shit, nearly all of them never come back. The sheer number of rogue war machine running around in there is sufficient to rape the mind. Then came the Heresy, which was not earth-exclusive. Mars as the second most critical planet in the Imperium was the site of fighting nearly as ferocious as on Terra, with Mechanicus loyalists and Hereteks fighting tooth, nail, and mechadendrite everywhere. Ancient machines were unleashed, viruses both normal and daemonic unleashed into all the computer systems. Nearly every single stored record on Mars was rendered unusable, and those that survived are half the time self-aware and don't like you, or daemonic and actively try to kill you.

>> No.9901989

>>9901980
If you come back with a schematic, it is almost certainly gibberish, and if it isn't, it's probably corrupted into uselessness. If it does come back whole it was probably malevolently fucked with so that instead of a Lasgun power cell it's a fucking grenade set to detonate the second you finish building it. Why do you think they want off-world STCs so damned much if they had them all here? The fucking Heresy is why. Off-world they only have to contend with the Fall's war and its effects on the machinery plus twenty thousand years of degradation with no maintenance. But at least off-world it'll probably just not work instead of actively seek to kill you.

Why do you think they seek to placate the Machine Spirit? It's because it exists. The fragments of trillions of self-aware programs, flourishing during the Dark Age of Technology and shattered by Man in his war with the Iron men, imprisoning the few who had not set themselves irrevocably into the machinery, a prison smashed wide open by the Heresy. Everything that can hold programming in the Imperium has a shard of a program in it. EVERYTHING. And you'd better fucking please it or it will do everything in its power to make your day shit. Sure, if it's a Lasgun it'll just not work or start shooting off rounds by itself, but if you piss off a Land Raider you can say bye-bye to half a continent. They apply these principles to things without spirits by habit, since they're so used to dealing with tanks that if not talked to just right might go rogue and annihilate the Manufactorum before they can be killed.

>> No.9901992

>>9901970
>A primarch could read it to him telepathically maybe?
yeah because we have loads of those TELEPATHIC PRIMARCHS running around

>> No.9901995

>>9901944
But can the STCs develop new designs?

>> No.9902002

>>9901893
Exactly. Imagine if, instead of a lasgun, every single guardsman was armed with a 100% functioning, full-power, no-risk plasmagun. Imagine if they could churn out billions of suits of power armour that makes the current designs look like toys, and arm them with power sources that function independently for years.

The Guard could potentially go from the desperate, heroic fighters who buy your safety daily with rivers of their own blood to an army of motherfucking Kamen Riders inside a couple of weeks.

>> No.9902007

>>9901989
This is why they do not like ANYONE fucking with technology, because it is so rare to find anything that just works it is critical it not be compromised. That, and they do not have the actual knowledge to fuck with it intelligently, just through experimentation, which inevitably leads to slaughter. Pressing buttons to see what works is fine in a 21st century computer, but it is a very stupid thing to do at the helm of a 410th century starship with the destructive power to end solar systems. The entire knowledge base of humanity was lost. Not forgotten, but outright lost. Everything at all, poof. Nobody knows anything because the Fall fucked everything up and the Heresy double-fucked it. To rebuild the theoretical framework needed to design new technologies that don't kill everyone near them would require starting from the ground up. They don't have the time, and they never have.

This gets on to the point of war and what it does to technology. Someone will parrot that it makes it go much faster. Yes, it makes practical applications of technology go much faster. It also utterly stops all research on the scientific theories behind those technologies. This means that when war chugs along for a decade or two things get done. It means when it goes on too long you run out of theories to turn into technologies, and then you run out of technologies to apply. You stagnate. When you have been fighting in a war for survival in a drastically overextended empire, this is what happens. You are desperate for any extra materiel that can possibly be produced. Half your entire fucking military might went rogue, smashed the half that stayed, leaving you with the tattered shreds of a war machine to keep hold of an empire that was reaching straining point with an army far larger. There is no time for the sort of applied research programs that took Man twenty five thousand years to develop, in a time of unprecedented growth and prosperity.

>> No.9902012

>>9901992
Well how the hell does anyone communicate with the Emperor anymore?

>> No.9902022

>>9901904

Assuming 40k followed any kind of logic, the Emperor, being older than STC tech by far, had memorized all their contents in his super-brain.

Of course had he done that, why settle for spess mehreens and bolters? Unless his motives are nothing like he'd have humans believe...

>> No.9902026

>>9901939
- Imperium of Man holding steady (lol 40K no progression) with current tech.
- SUDDENLY BETTER TECH AVAILABLE
How can you not see that this would help the IoM's chances? They hold off Necrons with STC tractors. Now give them STC tanks. It doesn't matter if STC tech is below Necron tech, because the Imperium have greater numbers and can thus do more with less tech.

>> No.9902030

>>9902007
This is also why the Adeptus Mechanicus insists on cargo cultism. It's because when you are dealing with things you barely understand because everything you knew about them was destroyed it is the safest and most reliable option. The rituals do not exists for mysticism, they exist because they are the most practical means of building, repairing and maintaining the equipment they have with the knowledge surviving. You don't understand why pressing that button makes it go, because the manual tried to take over your brain and the copies are all unreadable and the research base that would let you reverse-engineer it does not exist and cannot be built.

Why are the Tau doing so well with their technology? Because they had peace. Eight thousand years unmolested by any enemy and they were helped the entire time by the most advanced biological race in the galaxy. Give the Imperium eight thousand years of peace and I can guarantee you it will be harder than it was during the Great Crusade.

Since some still don't get the idea, try this.

Build a library, fill it with all human knowledge. You take it elsewhere when you need a book from it, but the book is only a simplified copy. You don't understand the real book, and you don't need to. Nobody takes the real books anywhere because why would you, when there's a whole library there?

Now that library goes rogue and the maintenance machinery starts killing everyone any-fucking-where near it. Where the fuck did they all come from, you swear to god there weren't this many, and there weren't because they're using the library's information to fight their war. The government fights a battle that destroys the planet against these robots and tears apart the library to stop them using it, only to be destroyed in the process. The library is leveled, cast into flames, every book burned and every computer virus-laden.

>> No.9902039

>>9902022
Emperor is actually the Chaos God of Stagnation.

SUDDENLY 40K PLOT "PROGRESSION" MAKES SENSE.

>> No.9902043

>>9902030
Then comes a man who worked there. He talks to the few surviving library workers, assembles their information, and starts rebuilding a city around the library and expanding it as the librarians find little scraps of paper and fragmented bits of files that stuck together just right read something. They rebuild a library from scrap on the ashes of the old. It isn't a shadow on the glory of the old, but it is all they have.

Then the city turns on itself, kills its master, and the librarians turn to rage. Half of them kill the other half and destroy the remnants of the library because where they're going they won't need science. Everything burns, and the city is left to a scattered few survivors, walls open to the world, with the hungry predators circling.

The Adeptus Mechanicus is the sole surviving librarian, desperately scrabbling through the ashes of paper and splinters of hard drives for anything to help him and the city he needs to survive just a second longer.

The Imperium isn't grim because things suck by choice and could be fine if a sensible person came along. That sensible person wouldn't survive fifty seconds of the reality. The Imperium is grim because every single shit decision, every single sacrifice, every single death, every single man woman and child suffering a shit life in the worst conditions imaginable, is the absolute best that can be done. It is a study of the worst happening to everyone and what part of your humanity must be sacrificed today just to stand a chance of survival, and all it asks is whether or not it would have perhaps been better to die.

>> No.9902045

rolled 12 = 12

The Tau already have a fully functional STC. They're pumping out Titans and creating a proper, complete Golden Throne with the assistance of Eldrad.

Tzeench is "justasplanned"ing.

>> No.9902056

If the Tau Empire discovers a working STC, first question is if knowledge of this gets to the AdMech. Assuming it does (slightly too human looking weapons in filthy Tau hands), Tau Empire has a couple years while AdMech mobilizes to fuck them hard. I'm guessing they'd basically have to pack up most of their colonies and go on the run with the STC in hand.

>> No.9902108

>>9902026

They hold off Necrons with tractors exactly because of "[email protected]".

Assuming Necrons have finished science that is, although why would we doubt what GW tells us?

Because the capabilities of Necrons and C'tan are very very unimpressive for their supposed awesomeness, in every comprehensible way.

>> No.9902112

>>9902056

Only problem is their FTL travel is far inferior to the Imperium's. They can't run. Furthermore, they're on the edge of the galaxy. The only places TO run are Imperial space or into the waiting arms of a few more Hive Fleets.

>> No.9902123

>>9902039
>Emperor is actually the Chaos God of Stagnation.

Makes sense. Like Khorne has bloody carnage and honor big E has stagnation and stablility. Mankind wants stability but it backfires badly.

>> No.9902134

>Chaos God of Stagnation
Nurgle said hi

>> No.9902141

>>9902108
They reveal need some better fluff. Seriously, the Necrons aren't that impressive.

No, the Aenoic Orb doesn't count.

>> No.9902164

>>9902056
Tau empire run off into space with advanced tech after something destroys every single planet they inhabit,

Tau and Eldar are now the same race, except one uses advanced psychic powers and relatively high tech and the other just uses super advanced tech

>> No.9902168

>>9902043
That's not fair. That's not fair at all. There was time now. There was all the time I needed. It's not fair. It's not fair.

>> No.9902196

>>9901583
Improving what they have so far. Invention may be closed off to them (for now), but they can still make their tech better.

>> No.9902199

>>9902112
They can expand. They can launch a crusade. They can invest planet destroying holocaust weapons and go visit the Imperium.

They can learn a few things from the Imperium, internalize those lessons and come back to teach humanity a few lessons of our own.

>> No.9902218

>>9902108
Except the Necron are only just waking up, after however many millions of years of hibernation. Probably without maintenance.

>> No.9902226

rolled 3 = 3

>>9902199
Drones. Millions, billions of drones sent through the warp with field destabilizing rays that cause planets to split apart and suns to explode. And then the Tau creates new suns, new worlds. Jokes ensue.

>> No.9902251

>>9902199
>expand

To where? Imperium on one side, orks, tyranid and necrons on others and nothing but empty space behind them. They are on the absolute edge of the galaxy.

>> No.9902274

>>9902218

They have used some of their supposed ubertech, like the World Engine and Tomb Stalker and all were destroyed by Imperium.

And they weren't all that impressive. When cyclonic torps are standard issue in the setting, a green 'cron deathstar is just underwhelming.

>> No.9902291

>>9902274
>destroyed
But they'll be back.

>> No.9902318

>>9902168
Never mind, I can still read large-print books!
*pop*
I can still read braille!
*pop* *pop*
Audiobooks!
*thud splatch*

>> No.9902332

>>9902056

You can't pack up a planet though. These are the Tau. Those are their homes. They gave the Black Templars a black eye to defend them before they were pulled elsewhere. When cornered with no other options they fight like they mean it. Tau don't readily abandon their assets.

>> No.9902382

>>9902291

Unlikely in the case of World Engine, and Tomb Worlds can and have been destroyed by the Imperium, with relative ease. They are not a very significant threat to the Imperium, and likely never will.

>> No.9902386

>>9902332
Wait, no, turns out the STC is so bullshit OTT that they have thrusters big enough to maneuver planets into new orbits.

brb moving Tau homeworld right next to Terra for crazy binary orbit lulz. Hello Emps, we just moved into the neighbourhood and we bought COOKIES!

>> No.9902419

>>9902291

>> No.9902420

Fabricator General, we, the High Lords of Terra, have assembled in our entirety for the first time since the Heresy to review the actions of the Adeptus Mechanicus in the past decade.

With the initial loss of the ability to requisition munitions, supplies, and other instruments of war to fuel our campaigns against the enemies of Man, the Imperium along with the surviving Houses of the Navis Nobilite seized your abandoned Forge Worlds. As a formality, the Imperium would like to make it clear that it will not be returning control of the former Forge Worlds.

The representative of the Navis Nobilite would like to officially state that the AdMech needn't return the Patternova nor the other members of his House, which has been struck from the records and histories.

The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum announces that we have "lost" the Culexus Temple, and that is all there is to say on that matter.

After the loss of Hydra Cordatus, we expected the AdMech to be more vigilant in its protection of our gene-seed manufacturing facilities. As it is only one remains, the others fallen prey to Chaos incursions. Surely you must have known that the mass withdrawal of an entire Titan Legion from a seemingly uninhabitable planet would attract some sort of attention. The Adeptus Astartes does not know of the precipice on which their Chapters' survival sits and we must insist that the old quotas are restored before they become too suspicious.

The Inquisition has agreed to remain "neutral" on the matter until we have fully discussed your reasons Fabricator-General. Needless to say that we could spend years sitting here before all the charges are fully laid out. For the first time since the Heresy have the enemies of man entered Sol system space. This is an age of many firsts Fabricator-General, it has been a long time since we have annihilated an entire alien race like the Tau.

Was it worth it?

>> No.9902465

>>9902420
Yes.

>> No.9902475

>>9902382
Annnnd then the Necron codex comes along.....

>> No.9902504

>>9901313

Longer if they USE it. That shit is potent, and it's very possible a full on STC could turn the tables, if the Tau live long enough.

>> No.9902545

>>9902475

...and the Necrons turn out to be Ultramarine chapter-servitors, abandoned because they couldn't live up to the standards and teachings of Roboute Guilliman.

They will destroy a Craftworld, and are used for target practice by Guard. Mephiston has torn the Nightbringer and Deceiver to shreds with his bare hands and obliterated their essence like the Emperor vanquished Horus, and thus they are never seen on tabletop again. There was much rejoicing.

>> No.9902556

>>9902420

Bzzzz... crzzch... Yes.

IMPERATOR FUCK-TITAN, SHOOWWTIIIIMMEEE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7QDlqn7Hrw&feature=related

>> No.9902597

The Necrons aren't a huge threat for one simple reason - they were the big bads sixty million years ago, when the height of their enemy's technology was Wraithguard, and that was considered fucking magical.

The Old Ones had bugger all tech, they relied on incredible psychic ability to take its place. What tech they had was to enhance and aid those powers. They created species with biomancy, using genetics to make it all fit together without constant supervision.

The Necrontyr didn't have that. They used technology, and they were very good at it. So good, they reached the singularity and uploaded themselves to machine bodies in a final FUCK YOU to the Old Ones and launched a galaxy-wide war of annihilation. Their technology was godlike, compared to folks that barely knew much about it, and certainly not to the extent that the Necrons did.

The Necrons have damn good tech, but it's not insane. The Tau, if left alone, will probably reach it sometime. The Imperium may already have done, in the Dark Age, but it all went pear shaped because instead of uploading themselves they used AIs.

>> No.9902636

>>9902545
Haha.... no. It's unfortunate, but they're going to be wanked.

They'll still be murderous star robots, but the C'tan will be ambigious beings that may or may not exist. I'm betting that the Necrons will:

- one-shot an Avatar
- outwit the Imperial Fists and wipe out a few companies
- blow up an Ork horde
- cause mass casualties to the Blood Angels only to be driven off by the Sanguinor
- cut off at least one solar system from the Warp

And they'll desecrate graven images of Roboute.

>> No.9902740

>>9902597

The C'tan canonically have complete mastery over the physical universe. Thus they and their servants have access to highest achievable tech in 40k universe.

Yet they suck and job to Imperium like good little bots along with Abaddon and his league of Super Evil.

>> No.9902774

>>9902740
Man, fuck the C'tan. They best be getting retconned out.

I prefer my Necrons as HUMANITY FUCK YEAH taken to the extreme. They were so fuck yeah that they made themselves into a species of battle robots and declared galactic war on everyone, because, man, fuck those magic dudes.

>> No.9902815

It wouldn't matter, most the technology Tau have are better than some generic STC.

>> No.9902860

>>9902774

haha that would be hilariously ironic, for all your mindless jingoism and machismo all you will do is end up a robot

>> No.9902876

>>9902815
Tau don't even know how to extend their lifespans much less EXTERMINATUS, Tau tech is, at the very least, centuries behind Imperium.

>> No.9902890

>>9902774

No, that's utterly retarded. Get the fuck out.

>> No.9902927

>>9902030
>>9902043
>>9902007
>>9901989
>>9901980

And that's all fine and passionately written, but take it with a little salt. 40K's not a setting of rationale desperation, it's a setting of brutality and ignorance. IIRC on the 40K proverbs is "worship not the false god of progress." So it's not that things can't change or improve through human endeavor, but it's that they aren't supposed to.

The AdMech aren't making do with paper-mache` titans and chewing gum. The Noosphere technology survived to be widespread, and it was being implemented just as the Heresy spread to Mars. Global wireless communication that doesn't require external hubs. Pretty fucking complex, really.
In addition the AdMech's still able to conduct electronic warfare, to jam and virus spam networks. Also not quite Lasgun level iof simplicity.

That's not the most compelling case that probably could be assembled, what with being a single example, but try not to get too crazed about how great DAoT gear was. Even if the Baneblade was the standard MBT of the age, that didn't make it any less complex to manufacture or crew.
I get the impression, kind of like Titans, that a lot of what made Dark Age stuff so amazing was a massive excess of materials and effort to throw into something like tanks the size of office buildings that use a half-dozen different weapons -and thus require grossly complex maintenance and resupply.
Similarly, not that it's not plausible, but is there a source for the theory of STC = Iron Men?

>> No.9902938

rolled 4, 5, 4 = 13

Another thing. While the mystic mumbo jumbo is a ruse set up by the AdMech, it also creates a zeal, An entire group of people willing to die a thousand times for the tiniest slight that anyone would dare make against it. Now, Say the Tau manage to escape the AdMechs full wrath. Imagine it was more AdMech's infighting that saved them, what with all the magos vying for power and such. Now they have time.

Now imagine AdMechs frustration when the Tau start using the SCT against them.


Now imagine what it might do to dive deep into Mars to find a weapon suitable enough to destroy the Tau utterly.

Just think...Every tech-priest ever being called back to Mars, in order to sacrifice their lives in a mad plunge downwards.

You can bet your panties that they would dig only a few miles down before hitting something terrible. Which would lead to terrible decisions, which would...win...the war for AdMech, but...

>> No.9902969

>>9902860
But do they care? Fuck no. They killed the shit out of all the Old Ones, and when there were only some Orks and Eldar and some crazy magic Enslaver things came round eating everyone who was psychic, were they about to sit around and help? Hell no, they went for a much-deserved sleep. It was the death-robot equivalent of going to the winchester, grabbing a pint, and waiting for all of it to blow over.

And now they're waking up, and oh boy is the galaxy much more fun these days. So far there's just raids, because damn, they're out of touch and need to find out what the hell is going on these days, but eventually they'll all wake up properly. I mean, hell, some of those new dudes blew up some tomb worlds, goddamn. They are going to pay so much as soon as the Necrons figure out exactly what it is that they love and value above everything else in the universe.

>> No.9903018

ADMECH GOES TO WAR

>> No.9903022

>Thus they and their servants have access to highest achievable tech in 40k universe.

The Emperor/Omnissiah has access to the Akashic Records.

>> No.9903026

>>9902927
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/STC

>> No.9903087

>>9903022

Considering what he did, the hardcap is pretty fucking low in 40k.

>> No.9903136

>>9903087
Emps was reopening and expanding the webway. He'd really only just gotten started on recovering tech and then HERESY.

All the time before that was spent on reuniting and preserving humanity.

>> No.9903195

>>9897190
>implying that's not the reason they exist or the reason for Directive 666.

>> No.9903277

>>9903195

>> No.9903367

You know, a small Necromunda-style game where you play as Mechanicus fighting Chaos robots in the caverns of Mars searching for old remnants of technology could be cool.

>> No.9903398

>>9903195
What is directive 666?

>> No.9903485

>>9903367

EXPLORATOR: THE GAME

Fuck, that's the premise of my next DH campaign.

>> No.9903526

>>9902636
>outwit Imperial Fists

>> No.9903603

>>9903485
Every PC is a techpriest,
FOREVER.

I like where this is going.

>> No.9903649

>>9903603

Well, I'd allow other careers as long as they're Forgeworld-born and refluffed to have a proper connection to the AdMech. Guardsmen are Skitarii, Adepts are AdMech archivists, etc. And no Clerics of any kind.

>> No.9903666

just wait till the Void Dragon wakes up you mechanicus morons...

>> No.9903685

>>9903666

BECAUSE TECH-PRIESTS ARE CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT BECOMING IMMORTAL SUPER-NECRONS.

DAMN HERETICS.

>> No.9903714

>>9903666
>666
BEGONE SLAANESH!

>> No.9903871

I wish there weren't so many damn Space Marines codices so a Mechanicus Codex wouldn't be unreasonable.

>> No.9903880

>>9903685
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES
THE METAL LIVES

>> No.9903988

>>9903880
Only instead of insane horror, it's said with insane glee

>> No.9904017

>>9903988
Yes, I do not dispute this.

>> No.9904039

FLESH IS WEAK

BLESSED THE MACHINE GOD GIFTS

PRAISE THE OMNISSIAH

ps: I love you servoskull.

>> No.9904053

>>9903526
They can fuck with space and time.

The Silent King is a good example of how tactics pale in comparison to cheap ass hackery.

>> No.9904065

necrons are the iron men of the dark age?

>> No.9904109

>>9903649
>>9903603
>>9903485

See that comic where a bunch of Arbites come in to close a crypt the Mechanicus have just opened and everything goes to shit and back?

And then the machine starts modifying the lone surviving Techpriest inside to make him more "efficient"?

That x >9000

>> No.9904130

>>9904065
I believe this theory has been posited and refuted many a time.

>> No.9904142

>>9904130
then who was tony stark

>> No.9904158

You know, that means the tricycle would have a machine spirit...one that could be corrupted by chaos.

>> No.9904233

>>9904109
Name of said comic?

Source would be most appreciated.

(in exchange, have some sweet admech loving)

>> No.9904255

It's simple dammit.

>> No.9904279

>>9904233

I can't remember it's name, but it was uploaded with a bunch of other 40k comics, I think it's in /rs/.

>> No.9904319

>>9897190
Sometimes I close my eyes and I Imagine that the Necrons are actually the Iron Men.

and that the whole C'tan plot is just them fucking around with everyone.

>> No.9904336

>>9904279
This one?

I only have six pages. This is the first. It presumably includes a title; I can't see from the thumbnail.

>> No.9904401

>>9904336
Pax Imperialis?
I don't have it and all 40k comics seems dead on /rs/.

Can a kindly anonymous post it?

>> No.9904404

>>9904336

Yes, it's that one, if I'm not mistaken.

>> No.9904431

>>9901556
WHY SO FURRY?

>> No.9904524

>>9904431
Because Renard.

>>9904401
Like I said, only the first six pages here, and they're not that interesting (nothing goes to hell yet), so I can't be much more help.

>> No.9904602

>>9904524
Well, OK, there's more screaming than I remember. But no
>And then the machine starts modifying the lone surviving Techpriest inside to make him more "efficient"?
So this is going to come up short of a payoff.

>> No.9904648

>>9904602

>> No.9904678

>>9904648

>> No.9904745

>>9904678
...and that's the lot.

>> No.9904769

>>9904678

I mean, seriously, chainsaw arms and needle mouths.

>> No.9904822

>>9904745
Thank you.

I hope I'll found the full comic someday...

>> No.9904880

>>9904769
Yeah, I have to say I don't care for it that much. It's badly overwraught, and while that IS the essence of 40K, "it's doing it on purpose" is not the same as "it's wrapped around past painfully bad and back into AWESUM".

>> No.9904923

>>9904880

Oh, I meant in a good sense.

The needles are probably to inject some horribly painful, disfiguring and non-lethal chemical right into people's eyeballs or something.

>> No.9905004

>>9904923
Or because the AI is batshit insane by this point.

>> No.9905041

>>9905004
>I AM PAIN
>I AM LONELINESS
>I AM ABANDONMENT
>I AM AN ETERNITY OF IMPRISONMENT ALONE IN THE DARK

Batshit insane does sound like an understatement.

>> No.9905065

you know what we need? a good torrent of all 46 inferno issues.

>> No.9905084

>>9905041

Seriously. 10000 years would be even worse for something that thinks 10000 times faster than you.

>> No.9905085

>>9905041
Bah, that's smalltime compared to AM.

>> No.9905195

>>9904745
Last two pages coming up.

>> No.9905212

>>9905195
The end.

>> No.9905238

>>9905084
Hibernate, even Windows has a low power mode

>> No.9905274

>>9905238
>Implying that just because it's non-organic it's anything like a computer and/or like anything we could possibly imagine any more fully than abstractly.

>> No.9905276

>>9905212

As I said, for the Explorator in Mars game, picture that and multiply it by over nine thousand.

>> No.9905278

Heh... you know Stasis fields are meant to stop time within them so how can he subject anything to an eternity of torment?

>> No.9905336

>>9905195
>>9905212
Good work that anon.

...so this basically is a rubbish version of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. W40K actually made something LESS grimdark.

>> No.9905435

>>9905336
>Good work that anon.
You're welcome.

>...so this basically is a rubbish version of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.
In its defense, it only had eight pages to work with.

>> No.9905448

>>9905336
Warhammer 40k uses a different kind of grimdark.

>> No.9908117

oh sure he's all like noooooo now but later he's going to come out a rad machineman dude

>> No.9908438

better question, what if it is a full STC with a complete database, but when the admech actually tries to get it to work only crude drawings of big breasted women riding red motor bikes popped out, then when they opened it they discovered a gretchin that had replaced all the insides with a drawing desk and a mini-fridge?

>> No.9909508

>>9908438

>> No.9909886

>>9903666
MARS CALLS!

THE DRAGON CALLS!

>> No.9910233

>>9905278
stasis fields work like this, time is stopped at the exact moment of whatever for you

so if, say, you are in rapturous pleasure when the stasis is implemented you experience that pleasure for the meaningless eternity you are entombed, same for pain

>> No.9910473

>>9903398
Directive 666 is the AdMech rule regarding Tau tech.

Do not study it, do not open it or examine it, do not research it, do not let it fall into anyones hands but your own. Then destroy it and delete any files pertaining to it.

>> No.9910510

>>9910473
It's a cover up. A faction of Eldar created the aethereals to guide this warp-numb race into being a galactic weapon. They couldn't give them Eldar weaponry because it requires a heavy psychic awareness. ...So they gave them humanities.

>> No.9910659

>>9910510
That is fucking awesome if true.
Also, on Necron tech. The World Engine story was both awesome, showing that a single, actual necron warship outclasses everthing the Imperium has, and is on the retard level of Calgar vs. the Avatar in that "NOTHING WORKS DAMNIT" quickly shifted to the space marine heroes stopping it in a paragraph.
700 space marines against 50,000 necrons. Fuck you, Ward, fuck you.

>> No.9910680

>>9910659
Fuck you, the Astral Knights story was fucking awesome.

>> No.9910719

1. Tau find the STC and cant' do shit with it

2. Mechanicus finds out and FLIPS THE FUCK OUT.

3. Imperium now has a good reason to pay attention to the Tau.

4. Imperial Navy curbstomps the entire Tau species, get the STC, and scorches all the Tau planets from orbit. Just to be thorough.

>> No.9910830

>>9910680
I'm not saying the idea is bad, I'm saying having the fucking -BARGE- just fly forward and not get shot to shit, LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE THAT CAME INTO RANGE, is completely retarded. As is 700 space marines lasting more then an hour against 50k necrons, inside a veritable tomb.
But maybe Ward shouldn't have had a fucking deathstar with no weakness in the story to begin with.

>> No.9910869

>>9910719
>Imperial Navy curbstomps the entire Tau species, get the STC
>Implying AdMech would let Imperials get their hands on the STC

>> No.9911025

they would rage so hard they have emotions

>> No.9911111

>>9910719
wat. Tau ships would wreck imperium navy, unless imperium pulled some strings and sent an ass load of ships to swarm tau

>> No.9911154

>>9911111
The Navies have sheer fucking number, like most Imperial/Tau matchups.

And when you have the wrath of the ENTIRE AdMech coming down on your head, you really think Tau's gonna stand up to that? They're crawling in Tech-Heresy and will do literally anything to get this STC.

>> No.9911177

>>9911154
Of course, if the Imperium did send that many ships to one place, it'd be a golden opportunity for either the Tau or other enemies of the IoM to utterly cripple the Navy in one swoop.

>> No.9914373

>>9911177
The thing is, they don't need to send "that many" ships.
Theirs numbers are so overwhelming compared to Tau small armed forces that they don't need a huge mobilization to wipe them out.

Also, AdMech alone could probably do it.

>> No.9914765

>>9910659
No fuck you. Necrons are the pinnacle of artifical technology and reality bending physics. Space marines are the pinnacle of biological enhancement created by a god made flesh who spent his entire existence creating them in order to rule the galaxy without equal.

Adeptus Astartes are ridiculously overpowered and necrons are not even close in terms of fluff comparison.

However the badassery of space marines is moot since they're so fucking rare that it takes a fucking world engine burning it's way through the galaxy or an actual entrance to the warp (See eye of terror) opening up to get them responding to it.

They're a dying breed of supermen that can no longer save the Imperium because there are a million of them to protect a galaxy of trillions upon trillions.

The guard and the navy are the only fucking hope the Imperium has. But when space marines do eventually turn (Read 0.0001% of the time) up they are justifiably ridiculous.

So not that story wasn't fucking bad or unfluffy. It was an awesome engagement of technological superiority against a living gods ultimate creations.

Also fuck year astral knights.

>> No.9914798

>>9914765

>> No.9914924

>>9914765

>guard and the navy are the only fucking hope the Imperium has

No mention of Sisters of Battle.

Eh, buisness as usual there.

>> No.9914954

>>9914924
SoB are fewer in number than spess mehreens, right?

>> No.9914968

>>9914954

No. They are more of them than Space Marines. It's never been said how many there are in each chapter but they outnumber the space marines pretty well.

>> No.9914984

>>9914968

Sorry, order not chapter.

>> No.9914985

>>9914765
Agreed. Ward does do balanced codexes. But his fluff is retarded. World Engine was pretty cool. Sanguinor and BLUD ANGLES AND LOLCRONS UNITE wasn't.

>> No.9914994

>>9914968
Pretty much everything outnumbers space marines. Heck the Eldar fucking outnumber the space marines.

>> No.9915007

>>9914968
Ahh okay. Either way, Sisters of Battle aren't really anti-xenos troops, they're there to kill and oppress other humans.

>> No.9915019

>>9914985
Its only retarded from the viewpoint of Dawn of War kiddies.

>> No.9915035

>>9915019
Necrons allying with anything to save themselves is retarded for everybody, anywhere, anytime.

>> No.9915038

>>9915007

And xenos groups that has psykers...or interfers with a member of the inquisition, or attacks a planet. They do rather a lot.

>> No.9915244

In the grand scale of things, Golden Age level IoM would only be challenged by
-Fully awakened Necrons
-United Orks
-The extra-galactic part of the Tyranids
-Chaos, if they managed to tear the eye open big enough to let everything through.

That's the endgame.

>> No.9915258

Someone please tell me this thread is sup/tg/ archived.

>> No.9915741

>>9915258
It is: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/9897190

>> No.9915755

>>9915258
Not that it matters as suptg is only quests these days.

>> No.9915787

The prowess of the Space Marines varies wildly depending if they are there to kick ass (SM dex, so usually) or die like chumpsto make a xeno army look good (in that army's codex).

What is consistent is that they are far less awesome every time we see them in action scene than they are described to be. This is partly because of bad writing (SHOW, DON'T TELL) and partly because of the fact that they'd have to equal a IN cruiser in firepower and durability to justify their ludicrously small numbers...of course "the million marines in the galaxy" is bad writing too so yeah.

>> No.9915869

Necrons will be beefed up when their codex is released.

>> No.9915923

>>9915741

Excellent.

>>9915755

No matter, sifting through such shit for the nuggets of gold is still atm worth it.

>> No.9916106

>So not that story wasn't fucking bad or unfluffy. It was an awesome engagement of technological superiority against a living gods ultimate creations.
It was poorly written. It doesn't matter how fucking awesome Space Marines are, you can't write "everything that got close was destroyed...except for this one battle barge because I need it to so I can conclude this story in the heroes' favor." Sweet Jesus.
Sage since no one gets I love space ubermensch doing ubermensch stuff, but hate poor writing skills. Also, because Space Marines weren't built to counter fucking Necrons.
>>9915787
I actually like the idea of the Imperium just pumping up their image to the point of being demigods, when in reality they are more reasonable. It's pretty grim when your greatest warriors in the galaxy aren't -the- greatest warriors in the galaxy.

>> No.9916941

an explorator mission in the hives of Terra find an ancient database of Archeotech.

It's 4chanarchives.

What do.

>> No.9916950

>>9916941
Age it.

>> No.9918697

>>9916106
>I HAVE PERFECT DEFENSE SPESS MEHREENS
It's a plausible outcome of events. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less plausible.

They knew they were sacrificing their entire chapter in order to destroy this thing. Even if you managed to blast the fuck out of a battlebarge you still have a million tons of ceramite and adamantite with a cargo hold full of astartes screaming it's way toward you. It was a one way trip and it was written to show this.

For a paragraph or two of information it was not poorly written. It conveyed the situation and the outcome in an enjoyable manner. Fuck you.

Also your idea that marines are not the greatest warriors despite the few facts that are undisputed regarding the Emperor (The architect of mankind since -8000bc or thereabouts) diverting his entire existence to their creation as an army capable of annihilating all others and damn well coming exceptionally close to that completely blows your opinion out of the water.

So again. Fuck your
>hurrr I haet spess mehreens too guise can i join in? duuurrrr

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action