Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 134 KB, 672x594, 1266181482077.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8519841 No.8519841 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

The space marines were made from the Emperor's own flesh.

About half of the original legions turned to chaos, as did about half of his sons (Dark Angels and Alpha Legion are debatable). More chapters have fallen since the Horus heresy.

If the Emperor's own flesh turns to chaos, how can it be heresy?

>> No.8519861

The emperor is 1/2 heresy by volume.

>> No.8519874
File: 10 KB, 200x200, pic.php..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8519874

Because HERESY!

>> No.8519899

>>8519861
>>8519874
That's right! The Emperor is heresy! Doesn't it make you feel... bad to say it? Edgy? Cool?
Do another. Take another hit.

>> No.8519909 [DELETED] 
File: 13 KB, 181x204, derp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8519909

>>8519841
Hey kid.

>If the Emperor's own flesh turns to chaos, how can it be heresy?

Technically the Emperor's own flesh would be the Grey Knights.

>> No.8519918
File: 90 KB, 600x450, 1267927304201.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8519918

>>8519899
THAT'S DOUBLE HERESY, YOU DOUBLE HERETIC.

Also, can Pic be a new Space Marine chapter?

>> No.8519931

>>8519899
Hold up, Slaanesh said it'd bring cocaine. Let's wait for it guys.

>> No.8519940

>The space marines were made from the Emperor's own flesh.

uh, no.

>> No.8519958

That means if you cut the Emperor in half half would be Loyal (to himself) half would be Chaotic (against himself)

>> No.8519966

>>8519909
I've been around since before the Horus Heresy. I'm not your kid.

And Magnus, Angron, Fulgrim and all the others are the Emperor's flesh, more so than the Grey Ka-niggits!

>> No.8519993

Magnus the Red was born a Mutant with incredible psychic powers and only one eye. Emp's genes are hit and miss.

>> No.8519994

>>8519958
We should try it and find out!

>> No.8520042

>>8519993
Mutation is impurity, and must be purged, but Magnus, like the other primarchs, was based on the Emperor's genes. Since the Corpse-God's genes led to such mutation, he must be impure!

>> No.8520062
File: 37 KB, 306x336, ummm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8520062

>>8519994

But there's only about half of him left.

>> No.8520072

>>8520042
Your Nature>Nurture argument is Epic Fail.
Twas the fault of Chaos, not Genetics.

>> No.8520083

>>8520042
The Emperor was a superpowered psyker. So, by your reasoning, he's made of heresy.

>> No.8520084

>>8520062
And that half will be turned into quarters.

>> No.8520131

>>8520084

I'm not buying it, what if the half he lost was the bad part? Or . . . the good part.

Oh god-emperor, what have I done?

>> No.8520147
File: 325 KB, 1220x1120, 1253901313693.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8520147

Why is there so much heresy in this place tonight? It's appalling.

Heed not the words of this deceiver most foul! Place your faith and trust in Him alone!

>> No.8520151

>>8520131
Heresy is what. Do more.
>>8520072
It's more about Imperial Creed contradicting reality.
Which all about heresy.
Heresy some more!
>>8520083
Yup.

>> No.8520172

>>8520147
Oh, so the False Emperor is not a psyker, and none of his sons, based off his own flesh, were corrupted?

>> No.8520230

Must . . . fight logic with faith!

Someone call for exterminatus upon this thread before it is too late!

>> No.8520280

>>8520230
Ah, so you've encountered something that your logic cannot defeat? You admit the weakness of both your Carrion Lord and your Omnissiah!

>> No.8520288
File: 170 KB, 2048x1536, 1266496578623.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8520288

>>8520172

> based off his own flesh

no, he MADE the space marines and primarchs with SCIENCE. His CREATIONS were corrupted

>> No.8520330

>>8520280

I may have fallen, and my logic fail me, but my soul will be the first and last! May someone of stronger heart kill you and your heretical thread!

>> No.8520367

>>8520330
Soul goes to the warp no matter what, chump. You belong to chaos no matter what, so why not have the fun of earning your damnation?
>>8520288
He used his genes for it. Or was that retconned? It's so hard to keep track, it hardly matters anymore.

>> No.8520412

>>8520367

I'm not exactly sure, but I don't really want to look it up/cross check in my old books either

the point is, they're hardly his clones. Closer to genetically altered food if anything.

>> No.8520432

>>8520330
I have a place you can crash, if you want.

>> No.8520487

>>8520412
Tampering with the genes as such constitutes tech-heresy, regardless of how closely based of the Emperor they were.

>> No.8520549

>>8520487

uh, no. Genetic alteration is commonplace in the imperium. Space marines are a prime example, but pretty much all elite fighting forces in the imperium (assassins, storm troopers, inquisitors) have been altered in some way-shape-or form.

tech-heresy is something entirely different

>> No.8520643

>>8520549
The Emperor was a psyker, as were most of his sons. Psykers are also called witches, hence "burn the witch" and "witch hunters" and all that other garbage. He and they are what the loyalist are meant to abhor.

>> No.8520710

Hey gaise, don't Black Templars HATE all psykers? To the point they don't even collaborate with other CHAPTERS if there is a librarian present?

Do they know the EMPRAH is PAPA PSYKER?

>> No.8520714

>>8520643
Sanctioned psykers are fine.

Emps was THE EMPEROR.

Therefore, he is fine.

>> No.8520750

>>8520643

Wrong again. Psykers, when using their powers properly are a benefit to humanity. Aside from the obvious librarians, these include astropaths and navigators, who are both VITAL to the continued survival of humanity.

"witches" are what sorcerers and unsanctioned psykers are. You know, the ones that accidentally the whole planet. The problem is, with all the planets and people in the galaxy, it's easy to miss one latent psyker, who can then become a serious threat. Hence the distrust.

Mutations that are stable and helpful are fine (ogryns and ratlings anyone?), it's just that as necessary as psykers are, stuff goes wrong every once in a while. Hence the distrust/superstition.

>> No.8520760

>>8520714
Try telling a priest the Corpse God is a psyker. He's tolerated because your people are to ignorant to believe he's a psyker.

And what about you?
>>8520710
I've tried, believe me. But they're always shouting "HERESY" as loud as they can, it's not even funny. It's fucking frustrating.

>> No.8520806

Chaos here.
Fuck your corpse god.
He's pretty lame.

>> No.8520846

>>8520760

What about me?

>> No.8520988

>>8520750
Yes, it's not like abhumans are ostracized or anything. Certainly not the likes of beastmen.

And the Ecclesiarchy disagrees with your acceptance of psykers.
>>8520806
Finally, someone else with a mind for heresy!
>>8520846
You are clearly infused with the essence of the warp, or haven't you noticed? You're an abomination, no way around it.

>> No.8521039
File: 20 KB, 306x336, look.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8521039

>>8520988
And your point is...?

>> No.8521144

>>8521039
So how could you possibly function as part of the Imperium?
How are you not a heretic?
And don't say you aren't, you've filled in for daemonettes, you've lured people in to a life of Chaos worship right alongside me.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action