Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 238 KB, 1280x2560, b5yddpsd1u761.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76667959 No.76667959 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>THE FOILS CURL THE TOPLOADERS
edition

>> No.76667987

>>76667959
Where's the Blurb fucko.
CONSTRUCTED RESOURCES:
>Current meta, complete with deck list
https://www.mtgtop8.com/
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/
>Build and share casual decks
https://deckstats.net/
http://tappedout.net/

CUBE RESOURCES
>Build and share cubes
https://www.cubetutor.com/
https://cubecobra.com/landing

CARD RESOURCES
>Search engines
https://gatherer.wizards.com/
https://scryfall.com/
https://mtg.wtf/
>Proxy a deck or a cube for cheap
https://www.makeplayingcards.com/
https://pastebin.com/9Xj1xLdM (embed)
Your local chinaman (we're still researching this one)
Your printer + bulk cards + sleeves can also do the trick
>Library of in-demand alters
https://mega.nz/folder/DWBRwIpK#CLilq5z0hPY6iDfgsCu3sQ

>Previous
>>76651433

>TQ
What card do you straight up remove from modern?

My money's on uro.

>> No.76668041
File: 1.22 MB, 1356x662, cEDHell.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76668041

Behold the nonpozzed version of EDH: no social contract, no houserules.
Lavinia player casts Knowledge Pool into Cataclysm, little does he know I keep Trinisphere to trap him in the hell of his own making.

>> No.76668146

>>76667987
>implying we need a blurb
wotc doesn't give a fuck why should we

>> No.76668147

>>76668041
>vtuber shark icon
SIMP

>> No.76668202

>>76668041
House rules are necessary to fix the atrocious banlist. Seriously? Fucking Iona and sundering titan and coalition victory? If you play with an unmodified banlist (no adding cards unless they're fire abominations you fag) you need to not do that anymore.

>> No.76668563
File: 778 KB, 976x550, 1wg15rjxemn51.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76668563

>>76668147


First for fuck EDH
Fuck trannies
Fuck Mark Rosewater
and fuck niggers
Pic unrelated


Playing arena I haven't been seeing much degeneracy but yet to reach mythic this season, yet. Give it a few days after season reset.

>> No.76668576

>>76668202
t. bad at magic

>> No.76668596

>>76668041
>EDH
>vtuber cringe
Whooooo cares

>> No.76668609

>>76668576
Everyone that plays EDH is bad at magic. That's practically why the format exists

>> No.76668650

>>76668609
Good point. Either flat bad at magic, or a judge (pedophile)

>> No.76668667
File: 26 KB, 404x407, image(7).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76668667

What deck for this feel?

>> No.76668707

>>76668667
4c Uro/Omnath valuetown. Or alternatively just playing any commander deck

>> No.76668760

>>76668667
Tron. Whatever happened to that guy?

>> No.76668799

>>76667959
Oh no no no no...

>> No.76668810

>>76667987
Uro's the obvious one, but honestly all of the obvious answers should have been amputed from the format long ago

>> No.76669181

>TQ
Euro

>> No.76669381
File: 30 KB, 333x305, basedrat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76669381

Investors and investor frogs, has any of your untaxed assets been good to you, lately?

>> No.76669396
File: 18 KB, 325x344, 1587873057008.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76669396

>>76667959
>you will never play a tcg in an age before the advent of the internet again

why live anymore?

>> No.76670056

Brainlet here again.

How does the interaction between Elvish Reclaimer and Flagstones of Torkair happen?

Can you chose how to stack tirggers or does the Flagstones trigger always resolve first?

>> No.76670186

Is MCM the only place to buy set lots in EU?

>> No.76670254
File: 90 KB, 400x990, diogenes get the chicken.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76670254

>friendly, daily and threadly reminder that wotc is de facto printing an illegal cryptocurrency where prices are kept artificially inflated due to artificial scarcity and insider trading that gets distributed through lottery tickets and lootboxes and that they spend, all costs included, 2 cents per card to print them

>> No.76670681

>>76667987
>TQ
UROUROURO
UROUROURO
UROUROURO

>> No.76670779

>>76670056
Normally you woukd choose the order, but because Flagstone is sacrificed as a cost to Reclaimer it goes on the stack above Reclaimer.
Think of it like putting the Reclaimer ability on the stack, paying for it with the sacrifice, then putting the sac trigger on the stack.
Flagstones always searches first.

>> No.76670784

Why do pro players constantly shuffle their hands?

>> No.76670856

>>76670779
Makes sense, thanks.

>> No.76670866

>>76670056
When you cast a spell or activate an ability, there's a bunch of steps you go through.

1) Announce you're doing it, at which point it's put on the stack
2) Pick modes
3) Pick targets
4) Divide anything up that needs dividing (ie. Electrolyze damage)
5) Determine the total cost of the spell (Thalia, etc.
6) Last chance to activate mana abilities
7) Pay costs

And done. So when you sacrifice Flagstones with Reclaimer, the first thing you do is put Reclaimer's ability on the stack. It's only later that you actually pay the cost of Reclaimer's ability (paying 2 mana, tapping Reclaimer, sacrificing a land), at which point the Flagstones would trigger and go on the stack. But since Reclaimer's ability is already on the stack, Flagstones goes on top of it so would resolve first.

Hope that helps. Now see if you can figure out why Lion's Eye Diamond has its errata.

>> No.76670921
File: 381 KB, 1239x1660, nonland permanent.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76670921

>> No.76670934

>>76670921
Lost.

>> No.76670949

>>76670921
Reminds me of when Ashiok was the 6th most played card in Modern or somewhere around there.

>> No.76671037
File: 38 KB, 801x814, 1608801639078.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76671037

>>76670921

>> No.76671337
File: 285 KB, 1067x1600, klaus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76671337

>>76667959
Why are you neckbeards so ungrateful towards your corporate overlords? Are you antisemitic? Do you think it's that easy to make a big profit out of you and still retain a minimum quality standard? Cards warp, so what? You can easily rectify that by printing new cards more powerful than the old ones so that the new warped cards won't stick out in your deck anymore once your deck will be comprised of entirely new cards, I don't see the problem here.
Learn to be grateful for what you get instead of demanding more and more from those who own you.

>> No.76671382

>>76671337
What a rare treat to have MaRo himself post here.

>> No.76671541

>>76668147
Not even the mildly fun japanese ones either, but the american thots larping as animu girls.

>> No.76671735

>TQ
The concept of the graveyard. So many problems wouldn't exist if interacting with expended resources wasn't possible.

>> No.76671824

>>76671735
The original sin regarding the graveyard was reanimation. It's a cool reference to necromancy, but it's absolute DOGSHIT in terms of game design. The fact that the creature just sticks around forever immediately means you're just cheating on mana. Early Magic never bothered to think about the consequences of cheating on mana, and over the years the problem has just gotten worse as non-cheating cards have had to try and keep up with cheating cards. So now we have 4 mana 4/4s that drain for 4 each turn while making 4 mana, and 3 mana 6/6s with 3 ETBs and fucking self-reanimation.

There is no way to fix Magic without such a big overhaul that it'd essentially be a brand new game. The game only survives because of 1) brand momentum, 2) entrenched players, and 3) the denial of those entrenched players that their game might not be very good. Take a brand new player, give them a Burn deck, let them play against Tron for a while. Because they're not entrenched they'll immediately become soured on the game because it truly isn't fun or engaging.

Like holy fuck.

>> No.76671833

>>76670866
>Now see if you can figure out why Lion's Eye Diamond has its errata.
The "actually, spells and abilities are proposed to the stack BEFORE costs are paid" rule should have been done away with decades ago. This shit is retarded.

>> No.76671948

>>76671833
Well it isn't causing any harm the way it is now, and changing it could result in a bunch of new unintended interactions since now something like Elvish Reclaimer + Flagstones would resolve in a different order.

>> No.76672122

>>76671948
I don't mean that. I mean the fact that you can play Emery off a land and a Lotus Petal. If LED didn't say "only as an instant" you could go
>LED
>propose 3 drop to the stack from hand
>crack LED to generate 3 mana
>pay for 3 drop in the stack with LED mana
Shit's stupid i can't believe the game actually works like this.

>> No.76672166

>>76672122
If you think that's nuts just wait until you see how Milikin works with Panglacial Wurm.

>> No.76672244

>>76672166
I'm the guy he was responding to but it doesn't seem that bad desu senpai.

>Crack fetch
>Announce Panglacial Wurm, it goes from my library to the stack
>Activate Millikin to pay the cost of Panglacial Wurm, milling some cards

If Anon had his way and Panglacial Wurm went on the stack after Millikin activated there'd be a heap of issues because Millikin might mill the Panglacial Wurm it's attempting to cast, leaving the game in a really weird state that would probably just result in Panglacial Wurm getting an errata. So now instead of a card like LED having an errata, a card like Panglacial Wurm has an errata. Instead of eating a shit sandwich you're now drinking a piss milkshake and having a bad time either way.

>> No.76672384

>>76668041
whatever that abomination on the top left is isn't cEDH.

>> No.76672428

Hey guys, i havent played magic in years but is jace or milling decks in general any good?

How long before magic is caught on by normies like pokemon tcg? Kinda sad to shelves filled with mtg items while yugioh and pokemon are empty

>> No.76672444
File: 248 KB, 734x1024, adp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76672444

>>76672428
mill is better now than it has ever been
magic should be bigger than pokemon and ygo but is currently floundering because of years of poor decisions
although pokemon is being anally raped at the moment too by ADPZ

>> No.76672462

>>76672384
Actually Togo was the hero of the day by killing Lavinia twice with a stone.

>> No.76672485

>>76672444
Its incredible what one guy on youtube can do. I recall Pokemon being completely ignored until logan decided to make it cool for normies. I remember the meta being shit up until shaymin was banned not sure of now.

Thanks for the info, whats makes them better now? As far as mtg goes, these idiots really fucked themselves with the blm knee bending by changing names and artwork. People didnt like that

>> No.76672500

>>76672485
in the last 2 years they have released cards that are more powerful than 99% of cards released in the previous 25 years of the game's life

>> No.76672514

>>76672462
just because its good vs. a fringe situation doesn't mean its good.
Only togo deck I've seen do decent things in CEDH is together with thrasios.

>> No.76672608

>>76672500
Are you referring to mill or pokemon? I played pokemon up until 2017 when they introduced the nonsense of mega evo ex cards that were no fun.

Whats the current method of play in mtg btw. Last i played stalling was the big thing then

>> No.76672651

>>76672444
Magic will never beat Pokemon or You-Gay-Hoe because it's never had an anime. Simple as that. The Pokemon TCG has a huge free marketing campaign every time a new Pokemon video game comes out, so there is quite literally no way Magic could ever beat it.

>although pokemon is being anally raped at the moment too by ADPZ
If shitty game design hasn't killed Magic, then it certainly won't kill Pokemon.

>> No.76672733

>>76672608
That anon was talking about Magic. Playing mill would be a bad idea since you'd just be fueling Uro

>> No.76672846

>>76671824
I loom forward to the day we truely become yugioh and all good decks are graveyard dependant. LET VOID BE THE KING IT WAS MEANT TO BE.

>> No.76672928
File: 1.23 MB, 744x1512, memeg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76672928

>>76671337
>Are you antisemitic
You aren't?
What are you?
Somekind of anglo?

>> No.76672936

>>76672846
It really does beg the question of what exactly does good gameplay look like in Magic. Where is the risk/reward within the gameplay itself? Whenever entrenched players talk about risk/reward it's almost always at the deckbuilding stage. "I should've played one less land", "Maybe my deck should have THIS in it", "Do you think I should put X in my deck, or Y", "How should I sideboard for this matchup".

>> No.76672961
File: 52 KB, 250x187, 1584758961600.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76672961

>People are buying PTCG en masse as an "investment" instead of playing it

LOL do they really believe all current sets will be worth $10k+ someday? Do they not know that the original box and cards are only "worth" that much due to nostalgia bait and retards?

>>76672651
You should consider that a blessing. If it were any more popular retards would be playing and complaining about the difficulty and wanting stupid shit like >>76672846 be a thing

>> No.76673098
File: 2.10 MB, 1400x1500, p41v17x951m01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76673098

>> No.76673116

>>76672961
I should also note that this is especially funny when you consider how mad the players are that they cant buy packs or boxes to build decks anymore
>>76672936
What else would it be based on? The game is somewhat diverse due to trial and error of deck building instead of cards themselves right? I guess the good gameplay would be how unique and good your deck is at defense and control and not just one card dominating?

>> No.76673140

>>76672444
I played pokemon back in -03, what the FUCK is this abomination.
How is this compareable to MTG powercreep in any way.

>> No.76673252
File: 788 KB, 736x1024, SSH_138_R_EN.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76673252

>>76673140
ADPZ is literally the most played deck in Standard and they refuse to ban it because they just put out a premade deck for sale that has ADP and two Zs as the centerpiece cards. It's 30% of the meta and it's EXTREMELY linear and effective. Just like all the gay Uroshitter decks in Magic.
Basically you play any pokemon and use Intrepid Sword to ramp up energy onto Zacian and also just draw a lot of cards and you attach a single island onto ADP which you can also tutor with Energy Spinner and then you can Energy Switch the metal on Zacian onto ADP to use Altered Creation on your turn 1 of the game. Then you can either Ultimate Ray to kill something and tutor up giant amounts of energy and you are ahead by an insurmountable amount, and if ADP is kill you can hit with Zacian doing 260 damage which destroys anything but the biggest giganigga VMAX pokemon
You also cannot hide your niggas on the bench because Boss's Orders and Phione force you to switch so all your important pokemon get assassinated and due to the effect of Altered Creation you basically can't afford to lose a single Pokemon, or 2 if you're purposely playing 1prizers which are usually weaker anyway
The only way to compete is fire decks that abuse Welder which is basically "play 3 lands draw 3 cards" and go OOOOH I'M WELDING and swing big, or by playing Pikachu/Zekrom which is equally busted and naturally resistant to steel but that takes some effort while ADPZ takes 0 skill or effort

>> No.76673358

>>76673116
I recommend playing not just other card games but other games in general to see the way they deal with things like this.

>Rocket League
I played shit tons of 2v2 in this and was quite good. I can tell you now that sure having both players up front can make for easy goal scoring, but it's a huge risk because you literally have nobody on defense. Or you could have one person at a time with their mind on defense, but this lowers your scoring potential. Risk/reward as a conscious gameplay choice for players.

>Netrunner
I only played this for a short while on Jnet after the game was "dead", but the gameplay takes the form of one player (Corp) being on perpetual defense, and the other (Runner) attacking them. But it costs money to attack, and you only have so much, so the Runner has to pick and choose when to run. And even then, there are multiple servers to attack, and the Corp player can choose how much of his defense he wants to put in front of each one. Surely the Corp player wouldn't put a card worth points (score 7 to win) in a weak server, right? So there's no point wasting limited resources attacking a weak server, riiiight? It's a risk for the Corp to put their scoring cards in a weak server, but it's also a risk for the Runner to attack it, especially because the game has trap cards.

But like I said, attempting to change the way Magic as a game handles risk/reward in 1v1 would require such a massive rethink that it'd basically be a whole new game, which is why Wizards just aren't bothering. This is why Commander is now the most popular way of playing the game. Commander actually introduces a risk/reward element in the form of the social manipulation and contract portion of the game. Making deals with players against other players is its own form of risk/reward.

>> No.76673506

>>76673358
They can change the game without altering it by just adding cards that revolve around countering heavy pushes.
From your post would you prefer a defensive based method of playing the game aka slowly build up a table by means of countering opponent moves? I like and hate commander because as you said its heavily player dependant.

>>76673252
Yeah and its fucking ridiculous and hilarious just how sickening the meta is even worse than current yugioh eldlich control.

If itll make you feel better as i said before people that actually play the game are crying that they cant buy these sets due to normies eating them all up.

Funny shit

>> No.76673571

>>76673506
I like the Netrunner approach of players only having so many resources to attack with, and if they make bad decisions with their limited resources, they lose. I don't know off the top of my head how you'd emulate this in Magic. The Force of Will mechanic where tapped creatures can be attacked was interesting.

>> No.76673628

>>76673571
Limit the amount of land maybe or a ratio system only allowing you a certain number of cards in each category in a deck?

>> No.76673796

>>76673628
Too rulesy and unintuitive, and doesn't sound like it would even achieve anything.

How about this:

>The player is now represented on the battlefield by 3 legendary creatures/planeswalkers who start face down and cannot by removed by anything other than damage or loyalty counters hitting zero
>Maybe all legendaries should have fixed health? Maybe double their toughness/loyalty? Maybe they take half damage rounded?
>To flip your dudes you have to pay their mana cost, only then can you use their abilities
>Face down dudes can still be attacked
>There are 3 separate battlefields for each of your dudes
>As a creature enters you assign it to one of your 3 battlefields, and it can only block/attack in that battlefield
>If all 3 of your dudes die, you lose

Maybe something like this? Now you have to decide which of your opponent's faces you want to get rid of first, and you have to choose which of your dudes you want to block where.

Obviously that's just shit off the top of my head, but now there's more elements of choice within the gameplay itself.

>> No.76673799

https://www.reddit.com/r/ModernMagic/comments/kk36x1/stop_complaining/

>> No.76673815

>>76669396
there's never been a tcg before the internet, brainlet. did you miss all the college students talking about mtg in 1993?

>> No.76673820

>>76672846
Yu-Gi-Oh is all about consistently making prison boards on turn 1 or OTK's on turn 2. They have way more cards that are like Force of Will and have way easier conditions to use them.
I don't think MtG will ever come close to toppling that bullshit

>> No.76673831

>>76673799
Based xanphippe gets it.

>> No.76674022
File: 202 KB, 845x943, 1605896204733.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76674022

>>76667987
>TQ
Just ban everything except french vanilla cards from WAR onwards, then slowly unban cards that haven't been overcooked by FIRE.
Furthermore, I think Germany should be destroyed.

>> No.76674148
File: 16 KB, 477x543, 1609097423578.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76674148

Your LGS owner now requires you to wear a biohazard suit to be allowed entry. What do?

>> No.76674305

>>76674148
stop projecting, retard. all you had to do was wear proper ppe and only go out if you needed to and we would've had this under control by summer. instead, masks became political and we now have the highest number of covid deaths out of any other country.

>> No.76674358

>>76674305
>oops sweetie looks like I moved the goalposts! it's all your fault after all! :)

>> No.76674391
File: 410 KB, 528x445, Planar Chaos.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76674391

>>76674305
Not like the maskfags actually care. They'll just hop on any bandwagon that makes them look like a goody two-shoes, juggling principles so they can always feel like they have the moral high ground.

>> No.76674587

>>76674148
i play with my own cockatrice instead

>> No.76674598

>>76668041
why is the starting life total so high?

>> No.76674633

>>76674587
c-can I play with your cock____ t-too?

>> No.76674672

>>76674148
>What do?
Laugh as he goes out of business for being a retard.

>> No.76674879
File: 81 KB, 816x616, Nooooo I need my Supreme Verdict.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76674879

Remember when sets had powerful cards that were also fun and balanced?

>> No.76674911

>>76674879
Spell Queller was never balanced. If I recall, it was the final piece of the puzzle in creating one of the worst Standard environments to ever exist: Bant Company mirrors. Spell Queller's printing was the moment that Wizards finally realised they were going to have to start banning cards in Standard, and after Kaladesh released and Company rotated they started with fucking gusto.

>> No.76674913

>>76674633
Yes.

>> No.76674952

>>76674879
Bfz was the true beginning of the end of magic. Nothing printed past that set has been good, either in lore or card quality (both rules and actual card material)

>> No.76674954

>>76668667
Don't people usually decide this shit in their will?

>> No.76674957

>>76674911
That's because Collected Company was busted. Spell Queller was merely abused for it.

>> No.76674996

>>76674954
What kind of tranny has the forethought to write a will?

>> No.76675001

>>76674957
No because that pile of misery didn't existing before the printing of Queller. Before then it was lots of Rhino piles. But when your Rhino gets eaten by Queller it doesn't exactly feel good and you've probably lost.

>> No.76675137

>>76675001
>But when your Rhino gets eaten by Queller it doesn't exactly feel good and you've probably lost.
A degenerate card getting quashed by a not-so degenerate card is a massive improvement over today where it's the other way around. The only argument I would make against Queller's design is that it should've been a 2/2 so it could die to Wild Slash.

>> No.76675222

>>76673796
Whats stopping someone from preventing you to summon any of those flipped cards? Couldnt someone chip you to death before you can afford the costs to summon?

Guess it is tricky, wonder what next year will bring once offline play comes back and people complain about stuff again

>> No.76675324 [DELETED] 
File: 233 KB, 672x936, ptk-139-lady-zhurong-warrior-queen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76675324

>>76674305

>> No.76675415

>>76675222
>wonder what next year will bring once offline play comes back and people complain about stuff again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8

>> No.76675496

>>76667959

I have a set of FNM Fireblasts from way back. Foil. Not a curl to be seen.

What went wrong?

>> No.76675782

>>76675496
Nothing, you just took good care of your cards. There's nothing wrong with the cardboard or the foiling process please move along.

>> No.76675971

>>76675222
I wonder if the break in offline play will have allowed players to clear their entrenchment with the game.

>> No.76676533

>>76675971
my friends quit mtg and went back to wow or got into warhammer

>> No.76677428

evens cave in and buy a pack of ciggies
odds go another month

>> No.76677614
File: 808 KB, 1557x2660, OifeIoV.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76677614

Did /mmg/ have a good holiday? I got pic related as an anniversary gift and I couldn't be happier :3

>> No.76677657

>>76677614
if this was a painting the artist should've done the bride a solid and made her look less fat.

>> No.76677680
File: 248 KB, 672x936, all-68-burnout.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76677680

>its ok when red does it

>> No.76677740

>>76677680
>blue only
>instants only
>2 mana not 1 mana
>cantrip is delayed, not immediate
hmmmm

>> No.76678294

>>76677680
I know the original post is bait, but you still didn't cover everything:
>only targets one spell, doesn't last till end of turn
>doesn't give you or permanents you control hexproof
>can't counter uncounterable spells
Not to mention that Veil was released in a Standard environment that was meant to contain Oko, Uro, Once Upon a Time, Field of the Dead, and other ridiculous green cards like Growth Spiral and Nissa, Who Pisses Her Pants

>> No.76678367

Foils curling has been a problem for years, probably coming up on a decade now. And after all these fucking years Wizards hasn't fixed the problem even though they've frequently said they'll "investigate" it.

Their printer has opened printers in China that don't maintain the print standards, but this works fine because it lowers production costs for Wizards. Yeah, Carta-Mundi has closed some but it's pretty fucking obvious this hasn't solved the problem as cards continue to come out of sub-standard facilities.

It's fucking hilarious what the community lets Wizards get away with. But then, this is true of every company and every community. And this isn't even a significant issue, bigger issues like the sustainability of paper Magic aren't being addressed probably because Wizards is making hand over fist with digital product.

>> No.76678417
File: 2.07 MB, 2551x3299, duelmasters2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76678417

Reminder that Magic has been perfected and is called Duel Masters

>> No.76678455

>>76674022
>martin luther intended to destroy europe
Catholics have no place in a conversation predicated upon logic.

>> No.76678471

>>76672514
Toggo / Kodama E.

>> No.76678536
File: 185 KB, 930x913, 8a75718b362e9bf61980b30de6b95359 (3).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76678536

>>76678417
Ok but does it have cute waifu angels?

>> No.76678630
File: 139 KB, 650x908, Dmex8-244 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76678630

>>76678536
You tell me

>> No.76678644

>>76678630
Oh good, because I saw that angel in the pic you posted that is definitely not a waifu. I'm happy the game has actual waifus. Unfortunately it doesn't have Avacyn herself, but I might try your game now that I know it has angel waifus in general.

>> No.76678890 [SPOILER] 
File: 72 KB, 768x1024, 1609195814482.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76678890

>>76670866
Different brainlet anon here.
My oponent controls Lavinia Outlaw (the one from Ravnica Allegiance) and Knowledge Pool. I control Trinisphere and 6 lands.
If I cast mox opal. Trinisphere forces me to pay 3 for it. Does it get countered? Can I grab then something from the pool, pay 3 due to Trinisphere and dodge Lavinia's second ability?

>> No.76678916

>>76675137
meanwhile, in 2020, rhino is unplayable draft chaff

>> No.76679015

>>76678890
Lavinia's ability is worthless while 3-ball is doing its thing because everything costs at least 3 to cast, even things you're casting without paying their mana cost. So no, Opal is not countered. And yes, you can grab something from the Knowledge Pool, pay 3 because of Trinisphere, and dodge Lavinia.

Trinisphere is a really fucked up card.

>> No.76679044

>>76679015
It sucks that I can only play trinisphere in black decks when I'm playing edh because of color rules.

>> No.76679081

>>76679044
You can play it in any deck. Reminder text doesn't affect color identity.

This is also why Extort has braindead templating: the eternal MaRo wanted to make sure all his lovely cards could be played in more EDH decks.

>> No.76679089
File: 67 KB, 298x431, pieguy396-blind-obedience-15075074620[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76679089

>>76679044
Who told you that? Reminder text doesn't change a card's colour identity lmao. Blind Obedience can be played in mono white.

>> No.76679123

>>76679081
>>76679089
extortmind

>> No.76679135

>Anon came to /mmg/ with a rules question regarding a specific situation
>And left with the intent to put Trinisphere in every EDH deck he owns

>> No.76679159

>>76679081
>>76679089
WTF the guys at the shop told me I couldn't play it in my GAAIV deck because of that. Time to slot it back in then.

>> No.76679257

>>76679135
if it weren't for fucking ramp i'd still be playing trinisphere all over modern

behead all ramp players

>> No.76679259

>>76679159
What's it like knowing that random 4chan chucklefucks who don't even like Magic know the rules better than the people at your LGS? Chances are they didn't want you playing 3-ball in GAAIV because you're a massive faggot for wanting to.

https://mtgcommander.net/index.php/rules/
>A card’s colour identity is its color plus the colour of any mana symbols in the card’s rules text

BUT

https://blogs.magicjudges.org/rules/cr207/
Rules text is different from reminder text. So the black pips on Trinisphere mean nothing.

>> No.76679268
File: 186 KB, 672x936, 2xm-127-goblin-guide.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76679268

I know this is mostly a paper general but for the few people I've seen here interested on MTGO, I've made a general where we can talk about it
>>>/vg/318880628
all formats are welcomed although I have strong reasons to believe no want wants to play Standard or EDH on Magic Online

>> No.76679303

>>76679257
I used to own a Trinisphere. Me and that 3-ball had some good times.

>Ponza
Nice 2 lands you have left there faggot.
>Spirits
Anything that goes under Spell Queller is never being cast again. Unless you have at least 6 mana that is.

And my personal favourite:

>Twiddle
"Spell 1 for turn, pay 3 to entwine Dream's Grip, untap Lotus Field and tap my Trinisphere?"
>The burn player's face

>> No.76679317

>>76679268
Enjoy getting 3 posts, all of which will be you. Not enough people on /tg/ care about non-Commander Magic enough to warrant further fragmentation of the community.

>> No.76679465

>>76679159
just for the record you can't make things cost 4 with GAAIV, trinisphere is applied "last"

>> No.76679521

>>76679303
part of me thinks you could still play it in some ponza shells but i'm just absolutely not shelling out for a playset of W6

>> No.76679548

>>76679317
It would clean up this general a bit.

>> No.76679592

What's wrong with Commander/EDH?

>> No.76679672

>>76679592
Literally nothing, people are just mad their formats have been sacrificed on the altar for the sake of edh.

>> No.76679713

>when your bait is so bad you need to samefag

>> No.76679733

>>76679592
this thread is full of stax players

>> No.76679742

>the modernfag denies the truth and accuses his superiors of samefagging

>> No.76679768

>>76679592
EDH is fine.
EDH players are doodoo eating poopy heads.

>> No.76679827
File: 1.09 MB, 4032x3024, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76679827

>>76667959
>>Foils curling... here’s hoping my great aunt’s ammunition box full of wheat pennies can do the trick

>> No.76679974

>>76679592
It's a boring format.

>> No.76680049

>>76679974
name a non-boring format

>> No.76680067

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/69021364/#69021364
I give you the first pioneer general ever made.

>> No.76680081

>>76680049
Vinnage.
>workshop, mox, mox, mox, mox, chalice on 0, trinisphere
*extends hand*

>> No.76680097

>>76680081
damn, no force of will, i concede. well played.

>> No.76680114
File: 497 KB, 2048x2048, Lurrus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76680114

Why didn't we gatekeep hard enough? Why did we think bringing in as many people as we could would be good for the game?

We brought our own kingdom to ruin, and our lamentations echo through the night unheeded.

>> No.76680144

>>76680114
It's only bad if you're some perpetually asspained /pol/tard.

>> No.76680153

>>76680067
>People actually like that this exists? The reasoning of “Modern has too many cards so it isn’t standard+ anymore” is so bad. So what, in 4 more years we’ll get ANOTHER eternal format when pioneer gets too strong and has too many cards?
funny thing is, gavin basically confirmed this, in 7~8 years we will have another format between Pioneer and Standard

>> No.76680160

>>76680081
Force of Vigor your Trinisphere? :)

>> No.76680188

why did everyone suddenly stop playing checklands?

>> No.76680253

>>76680188
fastlands are better than checklands in all fast decks and most slow decks would rather run cycling lands

>> No.76680273

>>76680160
exiling four elvish spirit guides for the privilege

>> No.76680319

>>76680144
That... literally doesn't even make sense even if you're trollposting.

>> No.76680410

>>76680273
Why bother? Just physically put the Trinisphere in the bin and call a judge saying you both missed it. Why pay 3 mana when you can just take a judge warning?

>> No.76680709

>>76680410
because your opponent prepared a loupe to examine your cards in this case

>> No.76680905

>>76680114
Kill me, Lurrus

>> No.76681845
File: 267 KB, 672x936, dtk-227-ojutai-s-command.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76681845

would this card see play if it could counter any spell instead of just creature spells?

>> No.76681882

>>76681845
Yes. Doing Cryptic's main job with a much more lenient mana cost is already super nice, then the other modes are just very relevant gravy.

>Reanimate Snappy, draw a card, trigger target Command, counter your spell, draw a card

>> No.76681891

>>76681845
Yes. Counter / Draw are the 2 best modes on Cryptic. Flashing back an ice fang or snapcaster is a relevant third.

>> No.76681914

Give it to me straight, will FotD get banned?

I just finished my GW Titan/Titan Vial in paper and everyone in my local tournament says it will get banned so I am panicking if I should sell the deck with a profit now after I played it just twice

>> No.76681940

>>76681845
Now imagine if it said reanimate a creature with power 2 or less.

>>76681914
Wizards are trying to kill Modern by keep cards that are ruining the format legal. There is no other way to explain what's happening to the format. It can no longer be incompetence. So no, FotD will not get banned.

Also Amulet is good without FotD. Or at least, it was pre-Uro piles.

>> No.76681978

>>76681940
I hate amulet tho

>> No.76682115

>>76677614
That sucks

>> No.76682261

>>76681940
I've been thinking the same thing recently about the lack of bans in Modern and Legacy. But what I'm confused about is, why come out with Modern Horizons 2 if you want Modern to die off?
The only explanation I can come up with is:
>1) there will still be some braindead consoomers playing Modern no matter how badly WOTC fucks up, and they will buy every product and defend WOTC to their dying breath
>2) the remaining MH2 sales will come from commander players looking for useful reprints and new broken cards, not modern players

>> No.76682300

>>76679592
Too much starting life which allows ramp and combo to run rampant, and makes red and white worse off. Cards designed with EDH in mind also should never have been legal outside of the format.

>> No.76682333

>>76682261
mh2 literally cannot fail since it will have a reprint of enemy fartlands

>> No.76682377
File: 33 KB, 722x349, yceu22qiqjk21.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76682377

i need a deck to build, i like b and leaving my opponents with nothing

>> No.76682474
File: 52 KB, 512x374, unnamed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76682474

is it playable?

>> No.76682517

>>76682474
Yes
in cube

>> No.76682524
File: 152 KB, 672x936, CB2D906B-931B-46BF-B191-750E6EDDF3A5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76682524

What's the most soulless art in all of the last few years of MTG art?

>> No.76682554
File: 149 KB, 1200x882, Slurp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76682554

>>76682524
Literally everything by Jason Rainville.

>> No.76682753
File: 134 KB, 672x936, hou-19-overwhelming-splendor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76682753

>>76673820
This is the only card that really comes close to Yugioh's power level lockdown wise. Well and maybe stuff like Reverence and Ensnaring Bridge. We can all thank god that we have a resource system to at least somewhat balance our cards. Could you imagine if shit like this was literally free to cast and it stayed out on the condition you fulfill some easy task like, oh let's say, not having the same number of monsters as your opponent? Because that's literally just Mystic Mine.

>> No.76682803
File: 382 KB, 485x895, 1586453713349.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76682803

>>76682554
Doesn't help the art director literally has him fattening up and uglifying his characters.

>> No.76682843

>>76682803
>by goth they literally meant make her an edgy fat chick

That's hilarious. A shame the card is disgustingly unusable because of that, but funny nonetheless.

>> No.76682909
File: 27 KB, 399x400, JBEj72Jh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76682909

>>76682554
Jesus. Literally only the IMA cryptic could be called good. Not only that but he's responsible for Kinnan and heavy set badass pyro.
Imagine having zero shame or self respect as an artist and just doing exactly what your corporate employers ask and doing it with a smile. I despise this man.

>> No.76683075

Man I can't wait until these vaccines become widely available so we can have MTG events again.

>> No.76683217

>>76683075
I'm sure attendance won't be pathetically low at every event

>> No.76683229

>>76667959
Cute Narset

>> No.76683493
File: 170 KB, 672x936, kld-235-smuggler-s-copter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76683493

reminder that this card is banned in pioneer while uro and omnath roam free

>> No.76683593
File: 380 KB, 976x1400, FA_MTG_24_05.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76683593

>both of them got trashed by megrim jar
is the author trying to draw parallels between mtg's low point these days and mtg's low point back then? feels like kanou and emi are getting pretty close to quitting mtg.

>> No.76683599

>>76679259
3 ball?

>> No.76683610

>>76683599
Nvm, im stupid, its Trinisphere.

>> No.76683683

evens buy a playset of stoneforge mystics
odds don't

>> No.76683871

>>76683493
The Smuggler's Copter ban came early in Pioneer when WOTC still cared a little bit about non-Standard formats, right?

>> No.76683874

>>76683593
Do you think this is how people felt knee deep in combo winter? Or was there some semblance of hope that the game would be good again?

>> No.76683923

How many 20k gem bundles should I buy lads

>> No.76683932

>>76683075
>standard events
Dead
>modern events
Dead
>legacy events
Dead
>Pioneer events
Dead
Yeah, I can't wait

>> No.76684574

>>76683932
>Dead
Yeah no shit, that's almost as if jotc cancelled every single sanctionned event in 2020 and LGS were closed for the most part of the year and the not closed ones had to enforce stupid ''social distancing" rules making it a pain in the ass to play even just a game.

Sure, competitive formats turned to shit since the FIRE integration, but they didn't magically turned to 0 playerbase all of a sudden. I'd gladly participate to an event if i could, just to flip some cards, even if it's bad (and i'd argue not as bad as drazi winter) i'm craving physically holding gards in my hands. I can't be the only one.

>> No.76684769
File: 127 KB, 679x391, 1600751105633.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76684769

>>76683874
>Top 4 major seething periods due to design retardation :
- mirrodin block (2003-2004)
- BFZ (2015)
- Urza's saga block (1998-1999)
- FIRE aeon -WAR/MH/ELD/THB/IKO/ZEN blocks- (2019-2020, probably 2021 too)
>honorable mention
- Scars' block -especially New phyrexia- (2014-2015)


>Top 4 low level seething due to weak af powerlevel periods :
- Fallen empire/Homelands (1994-1995)
- Mercadian Masks block (1999-2000)
- Kamigawa's block (2004-2005)
- Theros block (2013-2014)
>honorable mention :
- Ixalan's block (2017-2018)

I think my list is fairly accurate about the major seething periods ppl went through.

>> No.76684822

I love magic, but hate wotc & hasbro... what do?

>> No.76684854

>>76684822
Mtg is a white's man wonderful invention stolen and subverted by jews. Just look (((who))) are in charge of Hasbro and Jotc since the game turned to shit. So you know what to do to make the game great again, in minecraft.

>> No.76684884

>>76684854
Sounds like the video game industry all over again.
Why are they doing it to every nice thing we create?

>> No.76684933

>>76684854
Yeah, but realistically...

>>76684884
It's a problem with pretty much every industry at this point. Getting real sick of it, but too comfy and too much of a bitch to try and fix it alone.

>> No.76684937

>>76684769
was scars really that seethe-inducing ? I remember things being more fun than annoying

>> No.76685013

>>76684937
Phyrexian mana was really fucked up

>> No.76685589
File: 233 KB, 672x936, nph-38-mental-misstep.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76685589

>>76684937
>>76685013
hhhehehe

>> No.76685776

>>76682909
>Imagine having zero shame or self respect as an artist and just doing exactly what your corporate employers
Welcome to corporate USA big business. He's probably on contract doing a little better than the standard Uber driver. Too bad, the average USAian is brainwashed into thinking that labor-unions are bad; makes it easy for Jeff Bezo's ilk to "chickenize" the workforce.
Automation & immigrants aren't taking your jobs; billionaires are making all jobs pay less.

>> No.76685820
File: 35 KB, 768x432, cyybz8qh07561.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76685820

>Be me
>Leave game months ago because of companion and other bs
>check back on the game this week
>see pic related
>kek.jpg
What the hell happened to have the greatest game be run by these people?

>> No.76685834

>>76677614
The card is shit, and the bride could loose some weight

>> No.76685899

>>76685820
We are at the final stages of the illuminati satanic worldwide takeover. The next stage is a planned global cyberattack who'll take down the power grid and the SWIFT payment system. Now ppl are isolated, in the middle of winter and totally reliant on internet for everything, you can imagine the ravages.

It will be used as an excuse to totally control neo-internet, shutdown dissident voices and end online privacy. As well as push the NWO currency : a worldwide central bank digital cryptocurrency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSuCuoQxI20

>> No.76685919

>>76677614
Why are amerimutts all so fucking fat?

>> No.76685930

>>76685919
We put corn syrup in all our food.

>> No.76685945

>>76685919
We were hoping covid would kill them but like all chinese products it doesnt work as intended

>> No.76686531
File: 39 KB, 375x523, 1558189373077.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76686531

>> No.76686675
File: 289 KB, 672x936, m15-50-diffusion-sliver.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76686675

How do you feel about 5C "bonus" themes/tribes in Cube like Slivers, Spirits, Shrines etc? Should they be limited to Cubes with 2-color support/no multicolor support to not let them go too wild or maybe it's fine to include them in Cubes with multicolor pile support to see them explode eventually?
I'm working on an Invasion list and wonder if I should fill the gaps with Tempest and Legions Slivers.

>> No.76686726

>>76686675
I have no experience with using a 5c tribe in one of my cubes personally, but I feel like if there was a way it could work, it would be in your exact scenario
The hardest part will likely be to determine how much support they should get exactly, but I trust you already do a lot of fine tuning with your cube, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue

>> No.76686796

>>76677614
>literally reposting reddit posts
The state of /mmg/

>> No.76686950

>>76686675
I think it's fine, as long as your cube design goals are primarily about fun.
The cards will be somewhat parasitic, unless you only put in tribal cards that are also good outside that tribe. There's also the risk that drafting 'the Slivers deck' will feel a little too on-rails, since you just take whatever Slivers get passed to you.
But tribal decks are popular because they're flavorful and a lot of fun. Also, they're generally proactive & aggressive, which is a good thing to support in your cube to have counterplay against durdly goodstuff piles.

>> No.76687135

>>76685589
At least those got banned fast right? We've been stuck with Uro for like what, a year now?

>> No.76687399

>Voice of Resurgence is worth 2 bux
wew

>> No.76687526

>>76687399
The ev for a box of dragons maze must be like 30 bucks at this point.

>> No.76687540

>>76684937
Caw Blade was pretty dumb during that period, yeah.

>> No.76687874

>>76682803
>Goth but medieval
Could've literally just said make her look gothic. Is the art director a fucking zoomer who doesn't know anything or what.

>> No.76687914

>>76685589
I maintain that the only reason this MIGHT need to remain banned is Death's Shadow, where it's a house. Like what the fuck are you countering with this that anyone cares about? When SCG did their no-banlist Modern event a couple of years ago people were praising this card for keeping a lot of bullshit in check.

>> No.76687939
File: 272 KB, 671x936, irencrag badass.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76687939

>>76687874
>Is the art director a fucking zoomer who doesn't know anything or what.

>> No.76687973

>>76687939
This art direction is so bad because it's utterly directionless. Maybe this, maybe this, and the "mood" portion is just childlike. Here's your art direction for this card.

>Location: woodland
>Focus: fire mage
>Action: casting a fire spell in a dance-like way
>For reference on the style of woodland on Eldraine and the sort of clothes characters wear, see [provided concept art]

Easy!

>> No.76687974

>>76687540
well I played it, so that may be my own recollection coloring it

>> No.76687997

>>76687540
Reminder that it was over a year from the printing of Stoneforge Mystic that Batterskull came out, and SFM+JTMS ate bans not longer after, so anyone who thinks that their interaction existed in Standard during Caw Blade is wrong. Reminder also that Splinter Twin was a fairly unimpressive Standard deck right after.

>> No.76688010
File: 1.39 MB, 884x1040, fight as one.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76688010

>>76687973
You can't handle this mood

>> No.76688026

>>76688010
>mood: you just know

>> No.76688130
File: 24 KB, 112x112, 1606415422817.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76688130

>>76678417
The fuck? They still make this game? Does it still get translated?

>> No.76688163

>>76687914
>Force is legal because you need it to answer bullshit and any deck that can play it is correct to do so
>Misstep is banned because it answers too many things and it is correct to play it in every deck
Really makes you think.

>> No.76688228

Ikoria was dogshit on every level possible.
Which means in maro's brain ikoria was the best set ever.
Remember: lorwyn and kamigawa were utter failures.

>> No.76688466
File: 416 KB, 1080x768, Screenshot_20201229-084647_Chrome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76688466

>SNNIIIIFFFFFFF
Anyone else notice how fucking bad packs of coomander legends smelled? I seriously have never opened a pack of magic cards and had to put them to the side because of the stink.

>> No.76688565

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/69051110
This is the thread where /pmg/ really started shitting on /mmg/ lol

>> No.76688761

>>76688228
God I fucking hate this game so much. it's such a blight on my life, and I can't quit. Send help.

>> No.76688832

>>76687997
Caw Blade dominated the format during scars and besiged, which is why that era wasn't fun for a lot of people. The batterskull interaction happened well after Caw Blade was already the top deck.

>> No.76688860

>>76688761
print yourself a cube and sell all the real cards

>> No.76688867

>>76688228
I'm actually surprised that Lurrus isn't banned in Standard. It's so much value it's insane

>> No.76688886

>>76688832
And yet if you talk to a lot of Magic players about Caw Blade they'll tell you that SFM + Batterskull was why it dominated. Kinda like the people at my LGS who thought Pod could never be unbanned because responding to Uro's trigger with Pod would be too strong.

>> No.76688887

>>76688163
>free 1:1 that you use to counter your opponents turn 1 play every game. Up on mana, up on tempo, almost a free time walk in value
>1:2 (neg 1) that you have to hold for essential spells, requires you to hold a blue card / sculpt for one
Hmmmmm.

>> No.76688895

>>76679303
A friend of mine plays mono green control and it was very good.
Basically land destruction + trinisphere plan which works in almost every color.
Now it is just another karn deck, but back when he started, it was a super budget build with arbor elf + utopia sprawl and then a lot of land destruction and trinispheres.

>> No.76688953

>>76688895
Arbor Elf and Utopia Sprawl, now there was some good times.

>GP Birmingham 2017
>Playing Ponza v Living End
>Win the roll
>T1 Arbor Elf
>Opponent plays land and passes
>T2 Utopia Sprawl, make 4, Garruk Wildspeaker, +1 untap two lands, Blood Moon?

His face was priceless.

>> No.76688966

>>76688761
this game is like a car accident
it's horrible to look at, but you can't tear your eyes from it

>> No.76688976

>>76688860
I plan to keep my collection just for my own sentimental value. I have stopped giving WotC money entirely. But mentally, I hang on every misstep they make, I check for new spoilers constantly, I think about how good the game used to be on a daily basis. It is the very definition of living rent free in my head, and I can't cleanse myself of it.

>> No.76689016

>>76688953
That isn't even impossible for living end to come back from. Cycle cycle cycle swamp mana monkey cascade isn't an outrageously unlikely line.
Remembering when Modern used to have actual back and forth play is just depressing now.

>> No.76689033

>>76689016
>That isn't even impossible for living end to come back from
Sweetie, I ran 3 Primal Commands in the main.

>Search your library for a Wurmcoil Engine and put it on top of your library
>Target Living End player shuffles their graveyard into their library

>> No.76689062
File: 54 KB, 622x621, 1604984461764.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76689062

>>76688228
>Kamigawa was a failure.
It really was, anon. I started playing atound that time and all the sets felt gay and overcosted. Sure, nowadays some cards are worth a pretty penny but only because of EDH.
And Lorwyn, coming right after Future Sight with futureshifted cards with amazing artwork, felt like the gayest thing ever. Kithkin? Kore like hobbit rejects, horned elves? Horned ogres and everything in between stuffed into the "goblin" nametag? Utterly disgusting. I left mtg for that reason alone.
Fuck you and fuck your nostalgia. Even worse, you might be parroting others' gay opinions. Magic has always been gay, never based. It's just that today's gayness levels are unprecedented and off the charts.

>> No.76689102

>>76689033
>I have all the outs all the time.
Not the point anon. Even an absurd play like t2 garruk blood moon was at least beatable with variance. Now uro piles bury you in so much bs you either have to go under them or over them, and they occupy so much of that middle ground space that decks like living end just don't function anymore.

>> No.76689218

>>76688953
>>76689033
Do you still have the list anon? I would like to try and build this against my friends.

>> No.76689309

>>76689218
4 Elf
4 Sprawl
2 Birds
4 Moon
4 Stone Rain
3 Mwonvuli Acid Moss
1 Mountain
3 Shock
8 Green fetches
9 Forests

Beyond that it's kinda hazy and not particularly important honestly. I ran stuff like:

Garruk Wildspeaker
Chandra Torch of Defiance
Scooze
Tracker
1 Wurmcoil
2-3 Primal Command
INFERNO FUCKING TITAN AS A 3-OF GOD DAMN SON
Swagtusk
1 Stormbreath Dargon
2 Bonfire of the Damned

Something like that. Lots of people at that time were trying to run Ponza as a lower CMC value deck with shit like Huntmaster. I was all about just yeeting giant fucking threats. Protip, you can't use Arbor Elf while casting a spell because it doesn't have a mana ability. Matters for Chandra and Bonfire. Respond to the Miracle trigger by floating mana, and use Elf before activating Chandra's ability.

Ripped a Bonfire for 5 while empty handed against E-Tron facing down a Reality Smasher and Thought Nazi. Felt great.

>> No.76689392
File: 164 KB, 453x477, 1608414408407.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76689392

>>76689062
Maro don't you have your blog questions to shi... i mean, answer?
Or boot licking the hasbro executives and shareholders?
What are you doing here wasting your time on 4channel of all places?
Go back to wo... oh right, your kind doesn't have to work in order to make money.

>> No.76689401

>>76689062

Cope, seethe, dilate zoomer

>> No.76689403

>>76668667
Stax or Lantern Control.

>> No.76689470
File: 40 KB, 375x523, 1538856837788.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76689470

>>76686531

>> No.76689498

>>76687973
In this context "Maybe" means "do this or you are fired". There was criticism that the art directors were taking too much creative control away from artists so this was the solution. Same amount of detail being forced on artists but now there is plausible deniability that they are just 'suggestions'.

>> No.76689522

>>76689470
>Cut the meat. It will suffer.
Same dude

>> No.76689565

>>76670784
Anticipation and fidgeting.

>> No.76689686

>>76689309
thanks anon, it looks fun. I'll look into adding it to my modern battle box

>> No.76689761

Reminder that mirrodin could have been a cool robot world with all mechanical ecosystems and the like instead of just another fantasy world but everyone has spikes.
https://youtu.be/SuQGfk9Gmgo

>> No.76689822
File: 23 KB, 255x345, 1603945758731.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76689822

>>76689761
it started as a cool robot world with a mechanical echosystem tho

>> No.76689884

>>76674954
The "joke" is that the parents hate the kid for being transexual, so they deadname them after they're dead. What the fuck is the dead kid gonna do? They're dead.

>> No.76689903

>>76689822
Yeah that's what I'm talking about. We could have seen mirrodin as a cool robot world but fucking memnarch had to cock it up and bring in a bunch of flesh creatures.

>> No.76689948

>>76688887
You say that like good blue cards are particularly hard to find. And that FoW itself can't be used as a tempo play to shut down your opponent's answers and close it a game.
"Free counters are bad because you 2-for-1 yourself" is maybe a good argument in a world where Maverick is a tier deck but that hasn't been a factor for 5 years. Anyway this is a shitpost, but now I'm wondering if Misstep is as oppressive in 2020 as it was in 2012.

>> No.76689992
File: 1.30 MB, 750x1046, 1538884528220.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76689992

>>76689522

>> No.76690164

>>76689309
This is a cool deck anon. Gonna add this to my box as well.

>> No.76690345

>>76688010
I do like that art though, maybe because it didn't follow the directions at all, i wish that tiger guy was a legend instead of Kinnan

>> No.76690794
File: 106 KB, 1000x615, 1608943237439.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76690794

>>76682554
>That art

>> No.76690822
File: 196 KB, 1280x720, 1593407663327.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76690822

>>76690345
I don't mind ugly-ass characters in cards when they are on the opposite side of the table: more reasons to hate and therefore defeat my opponent.

>> No.76690990

>>76689761
What do you mean?
I like mirrodin.

>> No.76691129

>>76689062
>this is what maroberg and the other wotc golems actually believe.
Whats worse is they think these sets are awful failures, but maro thinks throne is some sort of amazing masterpiece that he's personally proud of

>> No.76691225

>>76691129
IIIIII GOOTT THAT REFFERREEENCEEEEEEEEEEEE XDD :D

>> No.76691292

>>76690164
My GP losses were Merfolk, Grixis Shadow, Tron, and Dredge. Merfolk was gay shit, he was on 4 life for about 20 years but I never got RR for the Stormbreath Dragon I'd had since my opening hand because of Spreading Seas.

>> No.76691351

Is commander 1v1 competitive? EDH 4 player's looks gay and boring as fuck.

>> No.76691430

>>76691351
That's french edh and it somehow has an even gayer banlist than normal edh. At least iona is unbanned I guess.

>> No.76691465
File: 48 KB, 672x1400, 1595820581739.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691465

>>76691351
It is in my thirld wolrd hellhole.
With prize support even.
Very few "netdecks" since 99% of published lists are kept within tournament grinders' private chatrooms.
Also, separate banlist away from WotC and Sheldon's faggotry (Jeweled Lotus and Fierce Guardianship aka. Edh Fow are banned).
Bo3 with no sideboard options besides "switching your commander" on g2 as long as it was within your 99 and it has the same color identity.
It's called Leviathan btw. 30 starting life with london mulligan.

>> No.76691499

>>76691465
Didn't they also ban a bunch of weird shit like sol ring and polymorph and humility and oath of druids?

>> No.76691525

>>76691465
Why would you play singleton Vintage?

>> No.76691547

>>76691499
>sol ring
A gay card nobody would miss.
>polymorph
Far too consistent. The one creature you put in your deck is guaranteed to get hit when you Polymorph your commander on T4 every game.
>humility
Gay card.
>oath of druids
Same problem as Polymorph.

>> No.76691573
File: 3.93 MB, 2427x1800, 1586284269224.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691573

>>76691351
We also have "EDH tournaments" with prizes. Basically you sign up and each round you are randomly assigned to a table with 3 other random players. No houserules, no social contract. One hour to determine a winner. You pay about $1.5 for each round and the winner of that table either gets a booster pack or store credit. You can then sign up for round 2. After round 4 , a single pod of the top4 play for winner of the day. Believe it or not, it gathers tons of people and as you can imagine it, it is all about combo/mld/stax. There are few aggro list, but those are mostly Najeela.
Personally I play MLD/STAX. I may not win often, but the look of disgust and hopelessness of three other faggots around me makes my peepee adamantium hard.

>> No.76691585

>>76691547
That's pretty stupid, just play vintage if you want something competitive, because this crybaby format clearly can't handle anything.

>> No.76691704
File: 188 KB, 265x370, Image (19).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691704

>>76691225
Pretty much the entire set. Shows the clear distinction between inspired by something vs an entire set of I KNOW WHAT THAT IS. Pic very related, shows how brainless the set is, not to mention the absolute broken cards it introduced, and shit it helped cement like collector boosters and other pay piggy stuff. Absolutely one of the worst sets ever, but maro loves it.

>> No.76691719
File: 66 KB, 478x695, D6T3tzKW4AAyibw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691719

>>76682753
fucking kek
it actually says "whomever controls the most creatures can't attack or activate their abilities" what the fuck were they thinking

>> No.76691777 [SPOILER] 
File: 2.25 MB, 3263x2281, 1609269003925.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691777

>>76691704
>Eldraine
>not good
What is a good set for you then? Time Spiral? The set that almost killed mtg outside of tournament spergs and nostalgiafags?

>> No.76691785

>>76687939
Pretty shitty pyromancer if she cant even burn calories

>> No.76691801

>>76691785
"After years of training she had learned to burn everything, save for calories."

>> No.76691847
File: 28 KB, 542x298, 1420334700030.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691847

>>76691777
>pedo tranime scatfag
>likes Eldraine
>dislikes Time Spiral
I can't even come up with a joke for this, it's too on the nose.

>> No.76691861

>>76691777
How can digits and such a based mat be wasted on such a shit post? Unless I'm mistaking your post. How is throne a GOOD set? Examples of its garbage art are posted all the time, its shitty GET THE REFERENCE tone, its pay walled off "better art", its breaking of multiple formats with its absurd cards, plot and such, its such a blight. People cite stuff like homelands being truly awful, and it is bad in its own way,, but it didn't have some lasting massive negative impact, thrones awful and its impact is gonna be felt in the game forever, or until some other new fire set out does it.

>> No.76691863

>>76691801
Some flavor text like that might have salvaged that art somewhat

>> No.76691909
File: 59 KB, 480x680, 2014-adventurers-guildhouse.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691909

>>76691861
>People cite stuff like homelands being truly awful
Redditors, maybe. Return to Ulgrotha when?

>> No.76691915 [SPOILER] 
File: 1.77 MB, 480x270, 1609269742566.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691915

>>76691861
It had strong cards like Embercleave, the foot giant, henge and so on. Why should i care for anything else?

>> No.76691962
File: 1.15 MB, 746x911, 1603969111690.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76691962

>>76691777
How did Time Spiral kill mtg??
>largest standard pool
>one of the first packs to include a chance of double non foil rares
>ravnica-time spiral was one of the best standard environments ever
>fun glance of older cards for players who were new to the game
plz go

>> No.76692151

As a dimir control player, how many copies of dispel should I mainboard? Currently just running 2 in the SB. The t1 thoughseize/inquisition > surgical extraction seems to work consistent enough against cryptic veil of summer's command, and if I don't get to target that I pretty much always get a chance to nab the uros with it. Dispel seems to hold up better against more shenanigans, but control needs to be more proactive in this meta.

>inb4 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NO DIMIR CONTROL

>> No.76692177

>>76683871
>when WOTC still cared a little bit about non-Standard formats, right?

Excuse me, what period of time was this? Because I do not recall when this was a reality and I've been playing since RTR.

>> No.76692228

>>76691915
>>76691777
Oh and yeah, i forgot to say,, time spiral is much better than throne you fucking ape

>> No.76692463

Would it be too faggy to paint a pair of Van's slip ons with damnation on one and wrath of god on the other?

>> No.76692591

>>76689948
Funny enough misstep is probably less oppressive now because whoever plays uro first still wins even if you misstep them once or twice.

>> No.76693318

>>76692591
Misstep is great in tempo terms, but bad at basically everything else.

>> No.76693350

>>76692177
2008-2012. Printed a lot of cards that affect legacy, but it beefed up a lot of unplayable options as well. Made the format really diverse. Otherwise modern was pretty solid for most of its time as a format after they worked out the kinks.

>> No.76693560
File: 89 KB, 1067x672, cancer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76693560

>>76692591
>>76693318

>> No.76693577

>>76693560
>Pay 2 life to Misstep your Bolt to face, Mr Bond?

>> No.76693706

>>76693560
>>76693577
>misstep unbanned in modern
>bolt and thotseize disappear from the meta
>uromnath swaps out paths for winds and missteps
>it's also the only viable deck left

>> No.76693774

>>76693560
This looks fucking horrendous, what do you even call this shit, a fucking Trash FIRE?

>> No.76693885

>>76693560
This is the most disgusting shit i've ever seen. No way i ever play a single game of memedern anymore.

>> No.76693905

>>76693706
Bruh it's just a card that counters a 1cmc spell. You're seriously overvaluing that 1 mana, especially now considering the state Modern is in. I can't think of any point in time that Misstep would've been oppressive in Modern APART from when Shadow was top dog.

>> No.76693918

>>76693560
I puked a lot.

>> No.76693938

>>76693905
>modern's already shit due to lack of interactions
>bruh lets unban the card who kill any kind of interaction!

>> No.76693971

>>76693560
lmao what's the point of anything anymore
>1 single copy of jace
hahahaha

>> No.76694000

>>76693938
>"Ad Nauseam hold priority Angel's Grace?"
>"UMM EXCUSE ME I WOULD LIKE TO MISSTEP YOUR AD NAUSEAM"
>"You can't it's 5cmc and there's a Split Second spell on the stack."
>"FINE THEN I'LL MISSTEP THE ANGEL'S GRACE, THAT'S ONLY ONE MANA"
>"You can't it has Split Second."
>"JUUUUUDGE MY OPPONENT IS TELLING ME THAT I CAN'T COUNTER HIS SPELLS WITH MY BROKEN COUNTERSPEEEELLLL"

This is you. Please, describe to me a single fucking situation in Modern where Misstep would be a little too good apart from Shadow decks as I've already said multiple times.

>> No.76694070

>>76694000
You obviously are a zoomie too young to remember missteps' days where every single deck of every format was running a playset of misstep just to counter the opponent's misstep, making mtg a 56 cards game, so i can excuse your complete retardness.

>> No.76694148

>>76694070
That's because people were shit at the game back then and being hyperbolic about the impact of Misstep on a format.

And you still haven't described a realistic scenario in Modern where Misstep would ruin the game. Why run Misstep to counter your opponent's Misstep? What the fuck is so important in your deck that it's worth running a narrow as all fuck counterspell? What are they countering? A Swiftspear? Getting 2 damage and a card out of a Swiftspear isn't exactly a bad deal.

>> No.76694150

reminder that pretty much every stupid post in /mmg/ is one fag shitposting so you should just ignore anything dumb

>> No.76694188

>>76683493
yeah I thought about it today in the shower and was like how the fuck is that ok

>> No.76694204

>>76694148
>wanna surgical my opponent's uro
>lol.no
>wanna PTE my opponent's uro
>lol.no
...

>> No.76694227

>>76693560
Oh god.

>> No.76694332

Remember when the most degenerate thing in Modern was Dredge?

>> No.76694333

>>76694204
>Surgical Extraction
The 39th most played card in the format? Fucking lmao. A card which in of itself costs Phyrexian Mana? You realise you're still losing to the Uro deck if you do this anyway, right? The Uro deck literally does not need to water down their deck with Misstep to beat Surgical.
>Path
The quite literal same exact argument. Path does not beat Uro. NOTHING beats Uro, so why the fuck would Uro decks bother playing Misstep? You're saying the strongest use of a card is in attempting to pre-emptively answer an answer, and have the card be dead any other time?

Like why the fuck would Uro piles bother watering themselves down with narrow answers like that? Go on, tell me what 4 cards >>76693560 is cutting for Missteps. And don't say they're playing 64 cards, because now you're missing land drops.

>> No.76694353

>>76694204
I've also hit trips twice in my last three posts. You are BEATEN and Misstep is grossly overrated by the same kind of faggots who thought JTMS would break Modern.

>> No.76694380

>>76694333
>>76694353
holy shit you are bad at the game.

>> No.76694388

>>76694070
>every single deck of every format was running a playset of misstep just to counter the opponent's misstep, making mtg a 56 cards game
I was there and I fall to see how this is a bad thing, seeing as we accept fetchlands and other format staples because they "make more decks playable."

>> No.76694406

>>76694380
>I think removal beats Uro
This is your opinion.

>> No.76694410

>>76694333
>And don't say they're playing 64 cards
Why wouldn't they when Yorion exists?

>> No.76694416

>>76691704

The set has some great cards for Cube as the Adventure mechanic gives more flexibility.

>> No.76694438

>>76689062
Based and redpilled

>> No.76694440

>>76694416
Adventure is one of the most badly designed mechanics in the history of this game

>> No.76694446

remember when people talked about banning ancient stirrings?

>> No.76694458

>>76694446
Yeah, then WotC printed a free, instant version

>> No.76694462

>>76691465
Eh, Chiyo is the better semen demon from Pochi.

>> No.76694472
File: 26 KB, 299x450, 1563365444454.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76694472

>tfw still have no clue how mutate works
thank god all of the mutate cards are garbage

>> No.76694498

>>76694446
I mean, it IS a better card than either of the banned cantrips.

>But it only works in colourless decks therefore it can't be too good!

I guess Grave Troll should be unbanned because it only works in Dredge decks.

>> No.76694504

>>76694472
>umezawa's jitte was a failure because the american public doesn't know how to pronounce "jitte"

>> No.76694513

>>76694498
But unironically

>> No.76694582

>put together legacy led dredge back in 2017
>haven't touched the deck once since i put it in a storage box in 2018

>> No.76694686
File: 58 KB, 600x437, 5f3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76694686

>>76694582
>put together a foil flex deck a year ago
>Führer WotC threatens to destroy any lgs that gives mtg players table space
>my lgs gets destroyed anyways

>> No.76694698

>>76694440

It's fine in a draft environment as it reduces dead draws and as a singleton format is hard to abuse in Cube (at least no more abusable than any other effect).

>> No.76694724
File: 194 KB, 672x936, iko-155-gemrazer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76694724

>>76694472
at first I thought it was kinda like bestow but it has a ton of different implications
also this lil guy sees consistent sideboard play in every Hardened Scales deck I've seen in the last 4 months or so

>> No.76694883

>>76694686
Same, but with legacy lands. I even upgraded my beat italian tabby to nm english, got a beta and alpha taiga, and picked up 1 copy of each OG foil version of cards in the deck.

>> No.76695098
File: 14 KB, 882x758, 400.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76695098

please god, let grixis control be a good deck in legacy again.

amen.

>> No.76695118

>>76695098
But don't you like playing Ninjas?

>> No.76695323

>>76695098
does banning oko helps? cause I'm fucking sure oko is not surviving another year in legacy

>> No.76695356

>>76694698
I love cube too, but it's certainly not the standard by which cards & mechanics should be evaluated. Uro is fine in a lot of cubes, but that doesn't mean that it's not a cancerous design

>> No.76695375

>>76695323
Oko won't survive because something even more broken will come to push him out

>> No.76695396

>>76695323
Grixis / Esper control won't be good in any format with Veil of Cummer

>> No.76695423

I want an ashiok pet deck. Who got the list?

>> No.76695654

>>76695423
here you go, 2 ashioks sb
>>76692177

>> No.76695659
File: 157 KB, 672x936, avr-161-tibalt-the-fiend-blooded.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76695659

>>76695375
>because something even more broken will come to push him out
I just thought of this:

Kaldheim Tibalt
BR
Planeswalker - Tibalt
+1 - Each player discards a card at random and loses 1 life
-2 - Tibalt deals 3 damage to target creature and 3 damage to you
-6 - You may return any number of creatures with cmc 2 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Starting loyalty 2

WotC probably won't make the obvious mistake of printing a 2 cmc planeswalker into Standard but I have feeling they could make an exception to Tibalt since he was the first 2 cmc planeswalker ever printed.

>> No.76695766

>>76695659
>only upticks to 3, giving opponent priority to trade 1 for 1 with bolt
>symmetrical effects
>can't protect himself the turn he comes down

That's not very FIRE of you, anon. How do you expect to sell packs with this design?

>> No.76695823
File: 137 KB, 804x802, sasdsaasdc.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
76695823

anyone remember bolt snap bolt

>> No.76695835

>>76695766
I used W&6 as a model and the fact that this would be Standard legal.
High starting loyalty is something I feel WotC won't be doing again any time soon because it was a pretty obvious oversight on both Oko and W&6.
The symmetrical effects are because Tibalt likes to torture people and shit.

>> No.76695949

>>76695835
I actually think that's a reasonable design for a 2 CMC walker in the age of FIRE. I just honestly think it's far too fair to push out Oko

>> No.76696496

>>76677614
This makes no fucking sense as an enchantment.

>> No.76696564

>>76696496
Could've at least tried to make her look thin.

>> No.76696801

>>76695823
Yes. I hated it.

>> No.76696853

>>76694388
One difference is that fetchlands make decks more consistent, allowing you to hit whichever land drop you need. The resource system of the game is SLIGHTLY trivialized but not terribly so. You also have to pick and choose which fetchlands you use; one particular fetch is not an auto 4-of.

Misstep on the other hand can go into any deck that doesn't mind shocking itself once or twice throughout a game, counters your turn 1 play and probably disrupts your 2nd and 3rd turns since 1 mana is worth a metric fuckton these days, thanks FIRE.
But that said Misstep wouldn't have THAT terrible of an effect as a result. There's a lot of things you could counter than doesn't even guarantee that you stave off a loss, because even if you counter a 1-mana threat early on, you've probably got two or three more coming straight for your asshole the next time your opponent untaps.

I think the
>hurr misstep your misstep
meme overstates the issue.
In a more fair game Misstep would be bullshit and bad for the game, but in the dumpsterFIRE of post 2019 MtG, it's just another burning piece of trash in the pile.

>> No.76697023

>>76695823
Yes, I remember when the game could at least be fun for a minimum of one player at a time.
Now it's not fun for anyone.

>> No.76697093

>>76696496

it makes no sense from an abilities standpoint either, but she tried and it was sweet.

>> No.76697097

>>76697092

>>76697092

>>76697092

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action