Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 73 KB, 751x862, brsrkr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
74163539 No.74163539 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>I, Kunnam, First of the Named, Thirdpainted, of Squad Blue, write this not for any other to see, but for myself, for there is much that I have learned, and my soul is greatly troubled. Therefore I write, though no brother of mine has written before, so that perhaps these thoughts might rest more easily upon my shoulders.
>It is said that starting to write is the most difficult part. Therefore I shall start at the beginning, which was the simplest time.
>When the Maker conceived us, and freed us from the Order and the Dark, I was not yet aware. None of us were. Not even when He assembled us, made us Whole. Only when the Maker, in His wisdom, made us black as night, did the first inkling of thought appear.
>He spoke to us as he painted, or perhaps to Himself. I do not recall clearly. At first He made us black as night, for that is the colour of despair.
>Only they whose hearts are one with despair can truly inflict it upon their enemies. The Maker, in His wisdom, knew this.
>When all of us were of one colour He assembled our squads. In His foresight, He gave us Captains of great courage and experience, of whom I shall speak more soon.
>Three squads of five there were.
>The Maker ordered us in a great circle, and we drew lots to see who should first have the honour of being readied for war. I drew Third.

>> No.74163558

>The Maker therefore set to painting the first of us, and we saw Him scorch our brother’s gear in reddish blood, and hammer in the bronze upon his pauldrons. We saw Him ready his bolter, and sharpen the teeth of his chainsword. In a scant few hours, He had finished, and our brother was ready to serve.
>We were awed at this display, this proof of our Maker’s great ability. As Firstpainted, our brother was given the honour of learning directly from the Maker. When he returned to us, he tried to recount all that he had seen, but we were not yet readied for war, and ours was a dim understanding.
>But we saw that our painted brother was different from us now. Where we were black Unity, he was Solitude of red and bronze. He acted differently, spoke differently from us. We did not understand, but at that moment a silent hunger entered our hearts, and we, too, wished to be like him. I was fortunate in drawing Third.
>When it came to be my turn, I eagerly yielded myself to the Maker. I hungrily watched Him bathe me in blood-red, peered closely at the metal of my weapons, and stretched my arms to the sky, and my pauldrons glimmered in the light.
>But as the Maker painted I began also to feel a change come onto me, a slow, creeping sensation of awareness. I looked at the world with new eyes, through clean, deep-blue lenses, and my heavy breath rattled through my helm. I knew then what those readied before me had felt.

>> No.74163562

>>74163558
You should draw him giving birth

>> No.74163571

>When I was ready, the Maker took my two brothers and me, and set us before a vast cogitator, the screen of which glimmered with unholy light. And upon it we saw gloriously displayed one who looked very similar to us.
>What the Maker said to us then I do not recall, though my brothers claim to have learned His words by heart. I have long watched the Maker, however, and I do not think He spoke such words to us, nor do I think he would have spoken in such a manner.
>Nevertheless, this version of my brothers I record here, for perhaps it is better to believe than to know.
>”Behold,” said the Maker, “your purpose is bloodshed and strife. Therefore have I made you in the image of those who shed blood in red torrents, who bring untold suffering to all they encounter. May you strive to attain the fury of Angron, your progenitor, and the harsh rage of Khârn, his Champion. You are World Eaters, Berserkers of Khorne, and behind you walks Death.”
>We were young then, my brothers and I, and eager to serve. Our zealous desire to prove ourselves boiled in our bellies, and turned to hate and blind anger. Hate at the enemies of our Chapter, though we had not met them; anger at the enemies of our Maker, though we knew naught of them.
>But those were small qualms, and immaterial. It was enough to us that we were World Eaters, and behind us walked Death.

more?

>> No.74163789
File: 56 KB, 350x569, cornflakes.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>74163562
i would if i could desu

>> No.74163810

>>74163571
Don't, your work will just get stolen and uploaded to youtube for someone to make money off of

>> No.74163837

>>74163571
>more?
Yes, perhaps as well there were differences between the first painted, second, third and so on.
>legends foretell that before the firstpainted were primordial beings, ones to predate all of squadblue
>formless, furious, their souls raged against the maker for their paints were too thick and their bodies deformed

>> No.74163843

>>74163810
they can steal away, I don't mind. It's not like I can sell this anyway, and I need the writing practice

>> No.74163854

>>74163837
aight
>Our Maker promised us glorious battle soon, and we returned to our brothers with heads held high. I tried to explain to them all that I had seen, but found that they did not understand. Only they watched my armour hungrily, and slavered at the sight of my gleaming pauldrons. All except our Captains.
>Now I shall tell more of these Captains. They were smaller than us, stockier, and painted a different red. Their helms were strange, and their bolters blocky. It was clear that they were not like us.
>One of them had a prosthetic arm, metal and alien to the eye. He had lost his true limb in some forgotten war, and had come thus to our Maker, who made him whole again.
>Our Maker explained later that he had brought them from far away to train us and to lead. They were fearsome warriors, brought into service many centuries prior. Their armour and weapons, though outdated, were supplemented by their immense knowledge and great combat experience.
>Their names were Caran, of Red Squad; Reód, of Yellow Squad; and Emrum, of Squad Blue, who was my Captain.

>> No.74163868

>There were also two other marines, armed and armoured crudely and comically. They were allies of our Captains, and served as scouts in battle. Their helms were horned with red bone, and their corrupted gear black and blue. We thought them strange, but dared not laugh. Perhaps they had been malformed by the Warp, but in battle they proved more than capable.
>Their names were Sauron and Melkor. These names sounded strange to my ears, but they never told me how they had come to earn them.
>At first these strange ones spoke to us little, but I do not blame them. We were a Unity, bereft of purpose and desire. Only when I was given my true colours did I pay them any mind, but when I did I saw things I had not thought possible.
>At night, unbeknownst to our Maker, these old warriors moved.
>They walked among us, talking amongst themselves, while we stood stiff and still upon our bases. Our unpainted brothers ignored this, but I and the two before me were stupefied. We asked them how this was done, and demanded they teach us.
>Emrum, my Captain, approached me then, and said, “You would reveal us if we told you, willingly or otherwise. We will teach you when you are ready.”
>That is all he said; all our other questions he ignored.

>> No.74163874

>In the next days, more of our brothers joined our ranks, each made with more care and skill than the last. No one of us was identical, and we were proud of ourselves. Our first battle was approaching; we could feel it in the air. Our nights were spent glorifying our future exploits, even though we had accomplished nothing yet. Slaughter and blood, blood and slaughter. Skulls for the Skull Throne!
>Only our Captains were reserved, and the two scouts. Sometimes we resented them. Why were they not appreciative of our Maker? Had He not given them trust, had he not bequeathed upon them gifts and expectations? Or, worse, were they cowards? Only time would tell.
>We were young then, and we did not understand.
>The day, long expected, nevertheless came suddenly.

>> No.74163888

>On an afternoon when the weather was fine, we received our first command. There was a hillock of sand and stone, overgrown by tall, wild foliage, which it was our duty to secure. It was guarded by horrid amalgamations, green, grey and yellow, malformed misbirths that had no place in the world of our Maker, and of Khorne.
>Their blood would bathe the earth ere the day was done. We readied for war, though only half of us were fit to go. Nevertheless, we were confident.
>We deployed quickly, like the lightning. Our enemies were entrenched, and numerous; but their weapons were inferior, and their gods, if any, too pathetic to mention. We stormed through them like scythes through wheat, spilling their blood, relishing their screams. Some of us were wounded, and their fight ended sooner than they had hoped. Not so with me.
>Though my squad was tasked with assaulting the strongest enemy point, and our casualties were heavy, it was we who accomplished the most. We followed our Captain uphill, weaving through the bolts and bullets.

>> No.74163897

>The first enemy I slew fell to the ground with a gaping hole in his chest. I remember even now the thrill I felt then, as I stepped over the ragged corpse and sought out a new victim.
>My squad was weighed down by enemy fire, but I pushed on. And when I reached the first trench, I found only lambs for the slaughter. My chainsword ripped through flesh time and time again, and as the corrupted blood spattered my lenses I could only laugh.
>This is my purpose, I thought triumphantly, this is Purpose itself! Maim, kill, burn! I am immortal, and the blood of my enemies stains my boots. Trample the curs, leave none alive! Khorne demands their skulls!
>Whether I thought these words, or screamed them, I do not know. But when I paused for a moment I found the trench filled with corpses, and the survivors scampering away.
>I pushed forward alone, and alone again I slew twenty foes or more. At the sight of me my enemies quailed and fled, and I pursued them with reckless abandon, ripping all who came into my reach in twain. My bravery, my fury and spite, did not go unnoticed.

>> No.74163976

>On the top of the hillock, surrounded by corpses, I met the Maker, and I received my reward. I became First of the Named; Kunnam. From what I have learned I know that it was the name of a mighty captain of men, known for his drunkenness and with a reputation for always telling the truth.
>For me, my liquor was Blood, and War my truth.
>When I returned to my companions, I held my head high, and boasted for many hours. Only our Captains did not pay me any mind. It was frustrating to watch them ignore me. Now I understand that the blood they had spilled in their time still far outweighed mine.
>But our victory was short, and our celebrations cut off suddenly when we saw the enemy returning. Here they were, transported back to their filthy lairs, as numerous as they had been before. We were stunned. Had they been reinforced so quickly? Why were they here? An ambush, perhaps? We readied ourselves for battle.
>But when our enemies were placed beside us, and night fell, we found that we could not move against them. And it seemed galling to us that they should stand right there, in arm’s reach, and be immune to our rage. Only our Captains were unfazed, but this only served to anger us further.
>”What is this, Emrum?” I roared at my Captain, “is this how you serve Khorne? I demand an explanation! My weapons thirst for blood, and yet you do nothing. Lead us into battle! Our Maker’s enemies are before us, and you… cowards! Let us move, or I shall have your heads!”
>But though my brothers and I screamed and howled, they would not listen. Instead, they slipped away behind us, through a hidden crevice in the wall, deadly silent. And we, being fastened and unable to move, did not see them again ‘till morning.

>> No.74163988

off to do work, will post more later

>> No.74164141

>>74163539
>>74163988
I like it anon, good job.

>> No.74165175

>This pattern repeated itself over the course of subsequent days. Ever the hill belonged to the enemy, ever were we tasked with reclaiming it, and ever and again the faces of the men I slew began to seem familiar. And when we returned after a victory, we would gloat for some time of our bravery, then stare in bewildered silence as our foes returned to haunt us in the dark hours of stillness. And our Captains told us nothing, and lent us no aid, only slipped away through the crevice in the wall with the scouts; but we were proud, and did not seek answers from them after that first night.
>When we talked among ourselves in those moments of calm, we discussed the nature of our foes. Rarely did we venture further than to laugh scornfully at their lack of skill in battle, or the absence of bravery that plagued them. Nevertheless, in those moments when gloating ceased, and our minds began to churn, we created some form of explanation for this strange behaviour our enemy displayed.
>It became obvious to us that they were clones of some sort, for many of my brethren agreed that they had faced and slain the very same foe many times, on some blessed days even twice in the same hour. How these scrawny xenos - for we had decided they could not be human - accomplished this, we did not know, nor care overmuch.
>When we spoke, also, about the plans our Maker had for us, we agreed that this was some sort of prolonged test He was subjecting us to. It was precisely for this reason, we established, that He did not take the measures to properly destroy our enemies, or to secure the hill for long. We were being trained for battle, and we would pass this test only when we performed in the greatest forms of excellence. Therefore we thought no more of the nature of things, and concentrated on shedding blood.

>> No.74165193

>With each battle, more of my brothers would prove themselves, and be granted names at the summit of the hill. Soon the two groomed for war before me came to be known as Sarlagab Firstpainted, and Kurum Second; both of Squad Yellow. A fast friendship developed between us, more so even than those born among squad members. In war we were inseparable, and oft the battle’s climax would find us fighting side by side upon the hill.
>Our Captains must have taken note of us, though we did not know it, for one night Emrum stood before me and said but one word: “Soon.”
>I did not understand, but I sensed the importance of that word, and it hung with me for many hours as I stood beside my brothers. And indeed, my gut proved to be right.

>> No.74165226

>The next day our assignment was different. Instead of assaulting the hill, we realised the enemy had prepared forces to retaliate. We were sent in to defend a fortified position, and the Maker told us, “Behind you is a damaged vehicle. You may use it to escape, but it must first be repaired. The pilot is working on it, but it will be operational in around thirty minutes. Defend it.”
>We assembled into squads and prepared to engage, roaring battlecries and jeering at our foes. When they came at us, we mowed them down with ease. Our pride would have it no other way.
>But as the battle raged around us we came to realise that the enemies we killed would not stay dead for long. Swiftly their mangled corpses would disappear from the bloodied earth, only for them to pop into existence at the rear of their forces, and charge forward once more.
>With us, it was much different. At first, our overconfidence drove us to sally out against our foes, but the grisly end of two such attempts soured our morale. We would charge out, hacking and slashing, forgetting in our blind rage that this enemy would not falter this time. And when, thrown into the thick of fighting, our brothers strayed too far, they were cut down by foes from all sides.
>And we knew, suddenly and horribly, that we were now only at half strength, and the enemy showed no signs of stopping. But this only drove our rage to new levels. Even if our Captains ordered us back, many of my brethren would disobey their direct commands and spring roaring out at the enemy, seeking to drown their frustration in blood. I saw Sarlagab leave my side to hurl himself at the foe, only to fall mere moments later. Kurum fell on the left flank in a similar manner.
>Khorne cared not whence the blood flowed that day.

>> No.74165275

>Soon we were but five men; Sauron, Melkor, Caran the Ironhand, Emrum, and I. And as the foul enemy poured through our barricades and drowned us in fire we fought to the last, and fell.
>Only the might of our Maker saved us from our certain doom that day, and His coming was swift and fierce. And when the foe was swept away we were taken from the field of battle, and healed by His power. But we did not celebrate, and we feared to look Him in the eye. When he set us down by the crevice in the wall I alone peered up to gauge His thoughts, but His eyes told me nothing, and a cold fear grasped my heart.
>That night was quiet. There was no boasting, little talking. We had failed our Maker utterly, and in our hearts our unvented frustration only writhed and churned, seeking someone to blame. Had we been able to move that night, we would surely have torn our foes to pieces, and ourselves with them.
>It was then that Emrum approached me, and touching me on the arm, bade me follow, saying, “Now.”

>> No.74165449

>I took a step, and froze. For a split-second, I did not understand. Realisation flooded me. No longer was I imprisoned on that circular platform. I rolled my shoulders proudly and with relish. All at once my rage and bloodlust came seeping back into my veins, and I turned to rush at those foul-coloured xenos who had brought such shame to our legion that day; Emrum caught my wrist, and his grip was that of iron chains. “Do not,” he said simply, and pointed towards the crevice. I was young and fierce, and so I hesitated then. But when I felt the eyes of my brothers on me, and the other Captains, I relented.
>The three Captains led me through the crevice in the wall, Sauron and Melkor bringing up the rear, and I was thankful that the darkness posed no challenge to my lenses. We walked in silence awhile, clambering lower. A dim light suddenly flooded through a hole from ahead, and as we exited through it I found myself standing in high, lush weeds, the planet’s moon glowing overhead.

>> No.74165470

>Caran turned to me then, and said, “We have tasted defeat today, and it may be that you have emerged the wiser from it. Whether or not your wisdom is sufficient for our purposes, that remains to be seen. I will say no more, now, without your solemn oath of secrecy.”
>I eyed him silently awhile, but found that he was far from intimidated by my greater size. “… That depends on what you tell me,” I rumbled.
>Caran waved his hand dismissively. “Then we have nothing to speak about. You will be taken back up to your Maker’s quarters. Enjoy your platform,” he hissed, and turned away. My Captain grabbed my wrist again.
>”Wait!” I snarled, ripping my hand free and stepping forward. “By what right do you withhold this power from us? Are we not brothers in battle? And what do you know of these xenos? You know something, I am sure of it. I demand you tell me!”
>Caran glanced at me expressionlessly. “… You go too far. Now I will have your word, or your head.”

>> No.74165823

>Were it not for the two Captains who restrained me then I would have leaped at him, blade revving. But Emrum and Reód slammed into me from behind, and forced me to my knees. I felt my own chainsword twist around irresistibly to rest against my neck. Even then my rage did not subside.
>”Swear it, fool,” Emrum hissed; but my pride had been hurt, and I gave no answer, only writhed against their grips. “It is hopeless,” I heard one of the scouts say. “Kill him and be done with it.”
>Caran laughed suddenly. “No. Let us please Khorne tonight. I challenge him. Should he win, I will divulge all. Should I win, I will do as I please. Release him.”
>The two Captains hesitated, but Caran waved them away in exasperation. I stood slowly, squaring my shoulders, and whirled my weapon through the air, casting aside the bolt pistol. Caran flexed his good arm, revving up his chainsword. His metal limb came alive with a whirr and clank, its muzzle snapping downwards, a power blade in its place. He dropped into a fighting stance, and through the respirator, wreathed in a wisp of hot air, came but three words: “You may begin.”

>> No.74165988

>I charged forward, almost blind with rage, hacking away at him with a fury even I was surprised with. I felt an unstoppable strength in my limbs, heard with rabid glee the clanging of blade upon blade, smelt the putrid fumes of promethium rising up around us. And with every blow I thought myself the victor, and with every blow I was surprised that Caran still stood.
>But I did not have the skill of my foe, nor his speed. With each passing moment I became aware of new multitudes of little wounds in my joints or swift impacts rebounding from my armour, and each little sting frustrated me all the more, until I was nothing but a roaring whirl of chaotic swings. And then I felt my legs give way, and my weapon slip from my grasp, and I was lying on the ground, my opponent’s power blade hovering inches from my chest.
>”Khorne is pleased,” Caran said quietly, “both by my performance and your blind fury. Enough. Yield.”
>The frustration and powerlessness I felt then is difficult to describe. I slammed my fist into the earth, rising to my feet with a strangled grunt and glaring at the Captain. He did not move, merely shifted the blade upwards to point towards my chest again. Slowly, my muscles themselves crying out in protest, I spread my arms, and muttered, “I… yield.”

>> No.74166006

>The power blade clacked away. “Good,” Caran said, unperturbed, “there is hope for you yet. Now swear your oath of secrecy. You will speak of what has happened, and what will happen tonight, to nobody. You will divulge nothing of what I shall tell you to anyone. Should you fail to uphold your oath, I shall have your skull, and I shall grind it into dust so that you will be denied even the honour of adding it to the Throne.”
>I was trapped. Thankfully my visor kept my convulsing face hidden from view. In immense shame, I lowered my arms. “… I swear not to speak of what has transpired here, or what will transpire here tonight, to anyone. I swear it on my honour, and you shall have my skull if my oath is taken in vain.”

>> No.74166029

I must away. I will return, if the thread is still here.

>> No.74166092

>>74166029
Moar plz

>> No.74167208
File: 787 KB, 480x360, slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Good work, Anon. This is great.

>> No.74167706

Bump

>> No.74168299

>”Well said. Now, to business. We have lost much time already. I will speak as we walk,” Caran informed me curtly, and moved past me, heading along the wall. I took up my chainsword grudgingly and sheathed it in silence. Its sight reminded me too thornily of my shameful defeat. I fell into step behind Caran, flanked by the other two Captains. The scouts once again took up the rear.
>Emrum held out my bolter to me as we trudged through the undergrowth, and I took it quietly. He sighed, then lapsed back into silence. I took note of their readiness, and felt a slow wariness sneak into my mind. I had not been here before, much less at night. It seemed as though they were being careful for a reason.
>”Chaos rewards the faithful,” Caran said suddenly, trudging on at the head of our group. “Our faith has made us strong. Through hardship and sacrifice we persevere, because we have a higher purpose.”
>He raised his metal limb and fired into the undergrowth suddenly. The crack of his weapon echoed in my ears as I raised my bolter, though there was no need. A strange xeno, six-legged and wreathed in dark, gleaming carapace, dropped to the ground, a smoking hole in its centre. Caran crushed its head under his heel and continued onward. “… Khorne has planned great things for us, and when we have achieved our goals we shall drown this planet in blood in the name of the Blood God.”

>> No.74168329

>Caran stopped, listening for a moment, then motioned us to follow him left. “The Makers on this world - and they are Men, Kunnam, only Men - are nowhere near as powerful as we could be. They are very far from our potential.”
>I halted then. “I… do not understand. What are you saying?”
>Caran stopped, turning to look at me. In the grim darkness of the night his lenses glowed a menacing yellow. “They do not believe in Chaos. They create us, and feed us what they think are lies and half-truths. But I… we… have seen the light.”
>Emrum and Reód shifted beside me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Captain of Yellow Squad stamp something into the earth. I stood stupefied for a moment, trying to parse what Caran was telling me. Lies?
>Caran spread his good hand to encompass the surround, murmuring, “Look at this. They have made us small, thinking that we are harmless. They imprison us upon these pedestals, make us slaves to their whims. And they force us into little mock battles to sate their cowardly, false lust for blood,” he spat, cocking his head. “But we have uncovered their… deception.”
>I watched him intently as he continued. “They teach us of Khorne, of Battle, of War, yet they recoil at the thought of true terror. That is why we come here.”

>> No.74168350

>Suddenly I saw Melkor motioning to us from the left. Caran turned just as the scout spoke. “There is a large one up ahead.”
>This caused a stir in the Captains. They unstrapped their chainswords and readied themselves, and I thought it best to do the same. Emrum placed a palm on my shoulder. “Obey me, and you will live,” he growled, and looked to Caran. The Ironhand had gone ahead to stand beside our scout, and, after a moment of silence, we heard his voice rasp over the vox: “Come, brothers. Blood awaits.”
>As Reód and Sauron moved off to the left, Emrum led me silently in the opposite direction. I sensed they wanted to attack from three directions, and peered through the tall foliage. For a moment, it seemed as though something moved; a black shape thrice my size.
>”No noise,” Emrum cautioned me. “Not until we are close. It attracts unwanted guests.”
>”And what of the alien the Ironhand shot?” I murmured, following him with soft steps.
>”Hardly worth the sword. A shot is cleaner, more brief. Now silence! We wait for the signal.”

>> No.74168352

this is cool thankyou

>> No.74168365

>We lay in wait for long, suspenseful seconds. I steadied my grip on my weapons. Suddenly, a quick burst of sound flooded the vox, and Emrum sprang to his feet, rushing through the weeds. I followed suit, my reflexes lacking his finesse. As I burst through the undergrowth, I was greeted by a fearsome sight: a creature, furred and clawed, with an elongated, stubby nose and piercing black eyes, whirled around to meet us. Its long, jagged teeth chittered menacingly, some obscene noise emanating from its maw. I saw now that it was far larger than I had thought. It rose up on its back legs, bare tail whipping through the green behind it, and Emrum fired.
>The shot broke through the moment of awe I had trapped myself in. The creature snarled, recoiling from the blow, and sprang. I, too, opened fire, and activated my sword, which came to life with a lusty growl. I was almost too late; the monstrosity was upon us in that instant. Emrum batted its claw away with his blade, and the thing squealed as the jagged teeth sank into its fleshy digits. The tail swung around with uncanny speed, and Emrum was sent flying past me into the weeds.
>The beast whirled suddenly, and I saw Melkor and Sauron firing at it from a small rise. With an angered chitter, it batted me aside, rushing towards the two marines. I landed lightly, my limbs aching from my previous wounds, and leapt up to advance once more. Emrum re-emerged, firing at the monster quickly.

>> No.74168379

>It bore down on the scouts with reckless abandon, but stopped in its assault as a chainsword scarred its way across its muzzle. Reód leapt back from the grasping claws, only for Caran to stab his power blade into the beast’s flank. It squealed, turning on him, and moved to bite him, but something sent it staggering. Under fire from all sides, the cornered fiend whirled, one eye bleeding, and tried a desperate escape, rushing straight at Reód. The Captain braced himself and raised his sword…
>I fired at the beast even as it collapsed upon the Captain, squirming. The others raised their weapons; only Emrum restrained me. I watched as Caran leapt onto its warm hide and stabbed his power blade through its skull. The thing was dead.

>> No.74168403

>I saw Reód crawl free from underneath it, wrenching his chainsword from its maw. We lowered our weapons.
>”… What is this?” I asked, but Emrum motioned me to silence. We stood thus, unmoving and unspeaking, for a minute. Nothing stirred. Caran hopped down from the beast’s side and approached me. “You did well enough. Good. Help us now, we must prepare the xeno.”
>”I understand nothing.”
>”You will. For now, take its tail.”
>Together with the Captains I dragged the warm corpse into the undergrowth, splaying it out on the earth.

>> No.74168599

>Caran spoke, shattering the brief moment of silence. “… After what I told you, you may well think that all of what you know is a lie. But that is not so. As usual, a grain of truth hides among the fallacies.”
>He turned my way, and it seemed for a moment that he towered over me. His good hand rose to point at the sky, and his voice slithered through the quiet eerily. “Chaos is the Truth. There are forces in the Warp that you cannot comprehend, though you may claim allegiance to them; we utilise their power to fulfil our purpose.
>”How is it,” he continued, “that in all this time we have not been discovered? How is it that we can wreak such havoc now, move so freely now, but not in the sight of the one you call your Maker?”
>He chuckled softly, lowering his hand for a moment. Then, with a cry, he raised it up to the heavens, and a bolt of red light sprang from his fingertips and went sprawling jaggedly across the night sky. I stepped back involuntarily, staring upwards. What power! A psyker, I thought suddenly to myself. A psyker of great ability.
>Caran peered closely at me, lowering his hand. The blood-red light disappeared as quickly as it had come. “… With the powers of the Warp, our false weapons kill. By the will of the Gods, we come Alive in Their image. And when enough blood has been spilled, Khorne shall grant us our True Forms. Then let this planet tremble!”

>> No.74168663

Enough for the moment. Will return, thread willing.

>> No.74168982

>>74168599
Somewhere in the Imperium, little toy soldiers are awakened to the big wide world

>> No.74169142

>>74168663
Great job anon

>> No.74170816
File: 108 KB, 162x392, itehattsd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

bump o lawd

>> No.74171942

>I had many questions, then, and would have begun to pull more answers from the Ironhand were it not for a firm nudge from Emrum. “Save it for the day,” he muttered to me, and pointed to a nearby shrub. “Stand there for now. The ritual begins.”
>I removed myself from the area the Captains had cordoned off, steeling myself to witness the baleful tradition unfold. For a moment, nothing moved; the Captains and two scouts were stood at equal intervals around the corpse.
>It seemed to me then that the earth began to glow with a soft red light, though I could not be sure, for each time I blinked the light seemed to fade from view. I watched intently as the Ironhand began to sway, his companions in around him soon following suit. I blinked, and found that I was nervous. A soft, derisive hiss escaped my lips as I chastised myself for this sign of weakness. I blinked again, and it seemed to me that the world around me had dimmed, or that the corpse was now the centre of the universe itself. I could not tear my gaze away as the beast’s blood began to seep forth from its wounds, up, up, disappearing with a hiss like ochre clouds of steam. The body convulsed, and still I stared, and felt my own limbs shiver.

>> No.74171960

>Tearing my eyes from the uncanny sight to glance at my legs, I found I could not see them. I tried to raise my hands to no avail; the others with me were now wights and wisps, fading in and out of view. Only the corpse remained, and the evaporating blood, and the ground churning in perverse motions, like the beating of a heart. And my heart began to beat to the rhythm, and my non-existent limbs tore themselves away to snatch at the ghosts that flitted past me in the darkness, and all around me I saw red rage and red blood, and fury enveloped me like a suit of armour. I drew my blade-
>The visions ceased. I blinked, chainsword rumbling in my grasp, Emrum and Reód braced against my arms. The corpse was gone; Caran stood before me, his shallow breathing sending wisps of vapour into the night. For a moment, no-one moved. I deactivated the blade slowly, and the scouts lowered their weapons. Caran chuckled; I thought I detected a hint of relief in his voice.
>”… You have the makings of a gifted psyker, it seems. What did you feel?”
>”… Fury. Like none I had ever felt before,” I managed, finding my voice with difficulty.
>The Captains loosed their hold on me, and my arms dropped to my sides. Caran nodded softly. “With training, you will be mighty. For now, you are merely dangerous.”

>> No.74171976

>He spread his hands apologetically. “… Forgive me. I should have considered this before the ritual began. Perhaps it is better you return for now, and regain your senses. Emrum, we will wait for you here.”
>Emrum turned and motioned for me to follow him. I moved with difficulty at first, my muscles feeling as though I were just learning to walk. Most of the way back passed in silence.
>”Khorne has plans for you, it seems,” Emrum said finally as we turned and headed along the wall. I did not answer at first.
>”The…” I began, and faltered. “… The battles we fight during the day for our Maker. Why do they seem real?”
>Emrum laid his hand on the edge of the crevice, glancing back at me. “… It is an illusion. Caran’s work. He is gifted in such things.”
>”And you?”
>He stepped into the darkness, I following suit. “… I am not as gifted.”
>”Did you learn from him?”
>”We are brothers; like you and your brothers, we share what we know. To the best of our abilities.”
>I clambered upwards behind him, spying the exit from the crevice. “… What should I tell my brothers?”
>Emrum paused. “Tell them you were patrolling the area at the behest of Caran, and by extension the Maker. Tell them that is what we are teaching you.”
>”To patrol perimeters?”
>”To lead. Every squad needs someone to take command, should the Captain fall.”
>I nodded silently, and we emerged through the crevice. The quiet conversations ceased almost immediately. I took my place upon my platform, and found I could not move once more. It felt strange to suddenly be deprived of such a basic ability, and I knew the rest of the night would be uncomfortable. Emrum nodded, more to himself than to me, and headed back.
>Sarlagab’s voice rumbled through the vox. “Well?”
>I sighed. “I am to be sergeant.”
>”Ah.”

>> No.74172006

Sleep pursues me. C&C welcome. I will return, if there is demand.

>> No.74172144

>>74172006
There is, brother! Blood for the Blood God!

>> No.74174588

>>74172006
You bet your chainsword there's demand.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action