Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.72345581 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Mind Bullets Edition

For all your Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, Only War and Wrath & Glory needs.

>Wrath & Glory Revised Release (PDF) from Cubicle7 Now Available!
https://www.cubicle7games.com/wrath-glory-pdf-pre-order-live/

>Pro-Tip:
If you bought the previous WanG release through DriveThruRPG, you already have the updated PDF as part of your library. If you're a filthy heretic you can check The Inner Temple in the PDF Share thread.

>Book Repositories
https://thetrove.net/Books/Warhammer/40000/

>Bestiary, armoury, weapon quality and NPC database
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

>Offline 40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023)
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

>/40krpg/ curated youtube playlists
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9WFeqTgvRvyRoGD8jVFVA?

>Make your maps look just like FFGs
http://www.mediafire.com/file/eaga3g853m8fa4d/Sector+map+making.rar

>OLD AND SHITTY Wrath and Glory errata (Ulysses):
https://www.ulisses-us.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Wrath-Glory-Errata_v6.pdf


>Homebrews:
>Chivalry intensifies, v1.2.5 - Imperial Knights splat
https://i.4cdn.org/tg/1583576824650.pdf
>The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion, v1.3.0 - Deathwatch to Horus Heresy total conversion
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ws0ag4816844q69
>Mars Needs Women! v1.6.6 - Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4t8oca48jtc8cun
>Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe, v1.6.4 - additional playable Xenos for Rogue Trader
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x
>The Fringe is Yours! v 1.10.2 - even more xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader
http://www.mediafire.com/file/imbphg6vvd003x1
>The Gold Experience Requiem, v1.2.3 - Custodes, Primaris, SoS, Solar Auxilia conversions
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zz8eu7365rdqw4d
>Gene Mods and Adeptus Biologis Rules for Dark Heresy 2e
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j3cQmvfrXXOQY_-BU6L8-cE0yEWiQAMp

>Previous Thread >>72270569

>> No.72345818

Is it heretical to put hats of increasing craftsmanship and fancy on personal servoskulls?

>> No.72345838

What game lets you play as a machine spirit?

>> No.72345872

>>72345818
No.
>>72345838
None, however, Chivalry Intensifies is based on knights bonding with a throne mechanicum.
It's not Shadowrun, tho.

>> No.72345932

>>72345526
>anyone who goes whole hog on it will become a whirling scythe of death and destruction
I've always wanted to figure out a concept that works around unarmed specialist in dh2. Seems like a waste vs any melee weapon training, unless it's a vanity/backup purchase later on.

>> No.72345966

>>72345932
Depends if you extend your definition of 'unarmed' to powerfist.

>> No.72346067

>>72345966
The talent. Unarmed Specialist. Which does not involve using weapons. I think you can figure this one out if I give you longer to think by writing more in this space.

>> No.72346151

>>72346067
Unarmed is meant to be a backup, not a primary means, and nothing changes that.
You want it to be good?
Get a psyker to buff you, that's about it, outside of homebrew.
Also, christ, anon, understand when someone is being sarcastic, we know what you mean when you say unarmed, you autistic prick.

>> No.72346394

>*blocks your path*
>*uses deathwatch errata stats*
>*one shots your guardsman behind cover*
>*guts your comrade with honor blade*
ppsshh nothin personnel, guela

>> No.72346401

>>72346151
Figure out when someone is giving you shit. Or be funny. One or both.

>> No.72346413

>>72346401
I wasn't even that anon, but you responded to sarcasm straightlaced, like an autist.

>> No.72346443

>>72346394
>is using deathwatch enemies in non deathwatch games, and complains it doesn't work

>> No.72346523

>>72346413
And? Get a better grip, or be funnier. Right now, you're doing neither.

>> No.72346812

>>72346523
>still insisting it's the same person because only one person can say you are acting like an autist
Yup, autistic.

>> No.72346830

What’s a good amount on enemies for some tier 1 guardsmen in WanG? Trying to balance combat, would a horde of cultists be too much for them to handle with their standard lasguns?

>> No.72347008

Do you need to be a CSM to survive the Obliterator Virus? Is it a matter of physical resilience, or is the Virus only compatible with CSM?

>> No.72347341

>>72346812
Imagine missing the point this hard, and then doing it again. One day, champ. I believe in you! That's what I'd say if I thought you could do it.

>> No.72347778

>>72312043
I must admit, you make some compelling points. Let's math this out by testing how guard and marine equivalents handle lasgun, bolter, and pulse rifle hits in both the 40k wargame (8th edition) and the 40k RPG. The GEQ will have T3 Sv5+ W1 in wargame, and TB3 AP4 W10 in RPG. The MEQ will be T4 Sv3+ W1 in wargame, and TB8 AP8 W21 in RPG.

Wargame Lasgun: 24", Rapid Fire 1, S3, AP 0, D1
Kill GEQ 33% and MEQ 11% of hits.

RPG Lasgun: 100m, S/3, 1d10+3, Pen 0
Damages GEQ 50% of hits, min 0, avg 1.5, max 6, hits to crit 7.3
Damages MEQ 0% of hits, Marines be laserproof.

Wargame Bolter: 24", Rapid Fire 1, S4, AP 0, D1
Kills GEQ 67% and MEQ 17% of hits.

RPG Bolter (Human): 100 m, S/3, 1d10+5, Pen 4
Damages GEQ 100% of hits, min 3, avg 7.5, max 12, hits to crit 1.5
Damages MEQ 40% of hits, min 0, avg 0, max 3, hits to crit 28

RPG Bolter (Astartes): 100 m, S/3, 1d10+9, Pen 4
Damages GEQ 100% of hits, min 7, avg 11.5, max 16, hits to crit 0.96
Damages MEQ 70% of hits, min 0, avg 2.5, max 7, hits to crit 8.8

Wargame Pulse Rifle: 30" Rapid Fire 1, S5, AP 0, D1
Kills GEQ 67% and MEQ 22% of hits.

RPG Pulse Rifle (DW 1.1): 150m, S/3, 1d10+12, Pen 4
Damages GEQ 100% of hits, min 10, avg 14.5, max 19, hits to crit 0.76
Damages MEQ 100% of hits, min 1, avg 5.5, max 10, hits to crit 4.0

RPG Pulse Rifle (DH2): 150m, S/2/4, 2d10+3, Pen 4
Damages GEQ 100% of hits, min 2, avg 11, max 20, hits to crit 1
Damages MEQ 64% of hits, min 0, avg 2, max 11, hits to crit 11

>> No.72347789

>>72347778
Seems either in the RPG lasguns are too weak or space marines too strong, or both. In the wargame and the lore marines can be killed with massed concentrated las fire, yet here they are immune. Additionally, human scale bolters don't seem to cut it against RPG Space Marines either. If this is what the Sisters of Battle wield, then to be lore consistent it needs to actually threaten a MEQ, not mostly bounce of their armour. In the wargame bolters and pulse rifles are identical against guards, with pulse rifles only slightly deadlier against marines. In the RPG using the DW 1.1 stats it looks like pulse rifles are 26% more damaging against GEQ, and 55% more damaging against MEQ than astartes bolters, resulting in less than half the hits to crit. Whereas in DH2 the pulse rifle is slightly worse on average, but better on the damage spikes. If looks to me that 1d10+12 is a bit too high, but 2d10+3 is too swingy to properly represent the difference between bolters and pulse rifles.

It also occurs to me maybe the RPG is being a bit too liberal with those pen values. In the wargame AP is for specialized weapons, not the main gunline, except for Necrons. It looks like each AP in the wargame is roughly 2 Pen in the RPG? So arguably bolters and pulse rifles shouldn't have any Pen at all. On the flip side the lore indicates bolts have armour piercing tips, and the RPG should be faithful to the lore too.

On the whole, there's a lot that just doesn't feel right. Main thing is MEQs need to be threatened by massed lasgun fire. They also need to be threatened by human scale bolters more than they are by lasguns but less than by astartes bolters, and yeah you're right pulse rifles should be a bit stronger than all kinds of bolters. Guardsmen should also have a chance to still be combat effective after being shot by shot by a bolter or pulse rifle, but not like a great chance. I'm not sure how to hit a sweet spot that accomplishes all that.

>> No.72348022

>>72347789
On the massed lasgun fire part, OW sergeants have an ability that lets PCs using their comrade +5 BS/WS ability get +4 damage to their lasguns. On overload with that buff, it is 1d10+9 pen 2, just a bit below space marine bolters.

>> No.72348150

>>72347789
Horde shooting gives additional damage die dependent on the size of the mob, which is a fairly elegant solution. So massed lasgun goons can certainly kill marines. Across all of the 40k media the power level of space marines vary wildly. On the tabletop they're worth 3-4 times their weight in guardsmen, while in the books they're one man armies and can take on hundreds of orks by themselves.

The FFG books aren't entirely interchangeable and they really aren't made to be. The most obvious solution to the pulse rifle dilemma is to nerf them down for games like OW and Dark Heresy. Why people feel that weapon stats need to be 100% consistent between games and setting escapes me, especially when not even FFG thought that. Consistency between games, being accurate to tabletop strength values, none of that shit matters at all. Number exist to serve the setting and the game, not the other way around.

The GM's only job is to make sure everyone is having fun. If numbers written by some nerd almost a decade ago aren't fun to play with then it's your responsibility to abandon them. I don't understand RPG sourcebook dogmatism.

>> No.72348284

>>72346830
Try a small mob. See what happens. If they get overrun, play it up.

>> No.72348341

>>72348150
>The GM's only job is to make sure everyone is having fun

nuh-uh the GM's job is to win by being so much smarter than his players duh!!!

>> No.72348487

>>72348150
You're right, but I'll say that tabletop balance for RPG/lore purposes is a fallacy in and of itself. The tabletop is designed to be balanced. It's a game first, not a realistic depiction of the world or even accurate to the events therein. Some people complain how Space Marines are insanely strong killing machines in the books/fluff but then comparatively mundane and basic on the tabletop. Well, yeah, obviously. It doesn't mean they're not insanely good killing machines, it means that if they were made into one-man armies then no one would ever want to do anything BUT run an SM army.

Tabletop stats were never meant to be indicative of actual "power levels" of anyone.

>> No.72348559

>>72348487
The books do also *over*sell how powerful Marines are, though. If they were all as powerful as BL wants them to be, The Imperium would've won already.

>> No.72348582 [DELETED] 

>>72348487
>sidious laughs a lot when beating his enemies
>evil sadist
>han and luke laugh a lot when beating their enemies
>plucky heroes

>> No.72348904

>>72348150
>I don't understand RPG sourcebook dogmatism.

It comes from 40k starting as a tabletop game, where the Big Rulebook is unmodifiable law. Match Play is the only way, Narrative and Open are ignored. Those tabletoppers take the viewpoint to the RPG - the rulebook is law, homebrew is not tolerated, this is the way.

>> No.72349951

about to GM a W&G game.
Any tips?
>inb4 dont play W&G

>> No.72350286

>>72349951
Don't let players take melta or plasma. Or basically anything with wildly disproportionate damage. Unless you like them decimating shit in one shot, or they absolutely will be fighting heavily armored shit like vehicles/dreadnoughts/etc. Because any singular threat will get vaped, hard, otherwise.

>> No.72351120

>>72350286
Any other glaring flaws of the system?
I plan on running a trial session just to test the overall mechanics.

>> No.72351131

>>72351120
Really thats the biggest flaw, depending on the tier.

>> No.72352017

>>72345581
>Black Crusade

Wtf are these rules? Honestly, who the hell know whats going on here?

>> No.72352108

>>72352017
There are some errors like weapons with flame instead of spray doing more horde damage, but it is otherwise fine if you aren't a brainlet.

>> No.72352877

>>72352017
Those rules are fine. What seems to be the issue?

>> No.72353183

>>72351120
>>72350286
The other side of that coin; don't throw singular big threats at the PCs unless you're willing to risk having it get ganked or fail hard at the wrong moment. Dice are fickle arbiters.

>> No.72353223

>>72350286
Couldn't you give them limited ammo for those guns? Especially the melta?

>> No.72353502

So how do I figure out the rolls for NPC ships in RT? Just have them have the crew skill rating for everything? Eg say a taking a warboss profile from OW who can substitute his intimidate for commands, has an effective rating of 70, whereas bog standart crew would be 30.
My gut tells me to keep it standart for the mook ships and only use any special NPC profile instead if its some notable one as encounter spice, but im still looking for advice from someone more experienced in the system than I.

>>72328227
renewing the question

>> No.72353532

>>72353502
Just give a crew rating as NPC ships outside of core do have one given.

>> No.72354081

Wang got a couple little exp typos eh?

>> No.72354117

Anyone recommend any Dark Heresy homebrew?

>> No.72354578

>>72354117
Mandragora Apocrypha.

>> No.72356005

Y'all roleplaying niggas gay as fuck.

>> No.72356767

What's a good XP Budget to use for writing up advanced Archetypes in Black Crusade? It says in the Supplements that advanced Archetypes are equivalent to the Core CSM and Human Archetypes but with an additional 3600 XP and 4600 XP respectively, and in the Core Book that the starting CSM and Human Archetypes are built using "roughly" 8000 XP and 7000 XP respectively. Are these reasonable values to work with?

>> No.72359224

>>72354578

lmao no

>> No.72360223

bump

>> No.72361385

>>72354578
Fuck off Messiahcide.

>> No.72363456

First RT game went pretty well, takeaways are
-orks are tanky, melta resistant tanky
-players cant hit for shit
-murphys law is always in full effect

>> No.72363778

>>72363456
Unnatural Toughness (x2) will do that.

>> No.72364118

Your characters have purity seals right? What is written on them?

>> No.72364445

>>72361385
Literal who, these days. Got any other collection to suggest?

>> No.72364465

>>72364118
Lorem Ipsum.

>> No.72365628

>> No.72366010

>>72364445
Everything made by Lodge Blackman or Shas.

>> No.72366260

>>72366010
For Dark Heresy. Probably 2nd edition.
LBG has Humanity's Shield for 1e. What else has more than just gear?

>> No.72367934

Hey, how well would nids work as enemies for an Only War game?

It seems great to be able to include some of the bigger stuff, but some of the damn nids are so deadly I'm worried it'd be a very quick TPK.

>> No.72368031

>>72367934
I mean, you're playing Only War, so a TPK is a possibility. For a more serious answer, your average Weapon Specialist totes around the regiment's favoured Basic Weapon, which can be a Bolter, Meltagun and etc.

Your PCs are probably safe as long as they don't get perma zerg-rushed by Warriors and higher lifeforms.

>> No.72368042

>>72367934
Any weapon with toxic has a good chance of making a PC burn fate. It would probably be better to make them from a vehicle-based regiment.

>> No.72368211

>>72363456
against Orks usually rapid fire weapons that can roll a lot of RFs is the only way to take them down, or OC Plasma guns.

Players wont be able to hit for shit, since they will have absolute trash BS of like ~35 and no actual skills to affect their shots.

We da orkz n da stoopid humies ar bad at dakka

>> No.72368249

>>72367934
I dont like Nids in my games, mainly because they do fuck loads of damage and rely of Zerg rushes to win. Also how there is very little intrigue you can have in the game as it mostly just "Big bugs go nom haha".

Also if your players are on the front lines, they will get jobbed quickly. Unless they are a specailist unit that hunts down the big game. Or do what >>72368031 says and make them in a viechle based regiment.

>> No.72368279

>>72346394
>tau used against death watch kill team
>one is sniped by a stalker bolter through reinforced wall with kraken rounds
>two are turned to blueberry jam by assault marine they did not notice
>psyker fries six hiding in a transport
>all this assuming the Devestator rolled poor on initiative and left them any at 500 meters
I'm sure the tau are scary to someone unimportant.

>> No.72368338

>>72368279
>Teleports behind you
Nothing personnel, gue.

>> No.72368351

>>72368338
That is what the fenrisen wolf companion is for, fuck boi.

>> No.72369360

W&G combat cheat sheet from our friends over on reddit

>> No.72369389

>>72369360
>our friends over on reddit

you have to go back

>> No.72369640

>>72369360
Thanks saved
Am still anxious about hosting it tho

>> No.72369880

>>72369360
>WanG
Ftfy.

>> No.72370385

Need some xenos lorefags to help me out with a campaign I've been planning:
How much technology do Exodite Eldar actually use? Is it a strictly a dinosaurs and treehouses thing or do they actually have cities built up?

>> No.72370560

>>72369880
Some people have taken to calling the new version 'revised'. I think something like 'directors cut' sounds better, but 'Wrath & Glory, the Cubicle 7 Cut' is too much of a mouthful. So; WanG 7 Cut.

>> No.72370858

>>72370560
>WanG Cu7

>> No.72371076

>>72345581

So assuming you're using the tweaked psychic powers from Only War, the best "mind bullets" you can pull off is Suburst while you have Aegis of Euphedros running. That shit can scrap a Warhound Titan in one go.

>> No.72371092

>>72371076

Sunburst, I mean.

>> No.72371126

>>72371076
Or use Force Storm.

>> No.72371159

>>72371126

Doesn't exist in Only War, since they realized that Telekinesis was waaay too powerful, which is why if you just want to blow things up, Pyromancy is the way to go.

>> No.72371181

>>72371159
Aegis of Euphedros is a black crusade power.

>> No.72371205

>>72371181

Yes. That's why I said "assuming you're using the tweaked psychic powers from Only War." i.e. using the core disciplines from Only War because they're more coherent and balanced.

>> No.72371855

What do admech do with the weak fleshy parts they lop off for strong metal parts?

>> No.72371948

Okay, so this is an extremely long shot, but does anyone have the file from this dead Link (-> http://mattstinnen.com/roguetrader/shipbuilder-PC.zip ) saved and would be so kind to share it?

>> No.72372059

>>72371948
I think the trove in the OP has it.

>> No.72372161

>>72372059
I dont think it's the same

>> No.72372200

>>72371948
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12njthS7lGUQRHz8coCTbQts3uUSo3WjY/view

>> No.72372347

>>72371855
Keep the flesh as a reminder. Render them down for baby food. Use the body part sexually, because it "doesn't feel like them anymore."

>> No.72372355

>>72372200
Thanks a lot!

>> No.72373315

Anyone else us Nobledark Imperium elements in their games?
>hh still happened
>7-8e shitlore ignored entirely
>cadia stands
>generally more nobledark themes all around
>imperium still hates aliens but is more openly neutral to eldar
>still grimdark but none of the grimderp bullshit of the last two eds

>> No.72373335

>>72363456
Orks die pretty easy because their skills are shit. Starting chars will have trouble against too many (even in D&D an equal number of orcs to a level 1 or 2 party is fatal) but against a sensible number they win. Also the GM should play standard Orks as dumb and brutish.

>> No.72374212

>>72369360
Thanks, this is actually useful.

>> No.72375481

>>72373315
I honestly include a fair bit of comedy in my games. There's an Inquisitor who's xenophillic and works with the Eldar, but in last nights session a drunk noble was harassing our scribe in the middle of a fire-fight to fetch him orderves. The player did it too, absolute madlad.

>> No.72376786

>>72373315
Basically yes.
Grimderp is the result of small brained people who think imperium is evil purely for the sake of evil rather than the result of very hard choices, ceaseless problems, and no leadership (emperor) for ten thousand fucking years.

Also I blame writers cheesy reliance on "lol they just brainwashed fanatics" for stunning acts of noble bravery by humans in 40k. 40k was always nobledark desu

>> No.72377139

>>72373315
I just use Ciaphas Cain-verse. The events are there, but grimderp stuff, like psyker gellar field, is removed.
Also got a PC kill on the last session in another campaign
>my PC warns another PC to trust her and do not trust daemons
>that PC disregards everything and gets willingly possessed
>last session she lost control and tried to kill the party
>got smashed by a holocaust kame hame ha along with the daemon prince
Sorta feel bad about killing another PC, but then again I killed a daemon prince so I guess it evens out.

>> No.72377294

>>72377139
Were there in-character reasons for the PC to be an idiot or was the player an idiot?

>> No.72377708

>>72345818
Absolutely heretical. That’s two steps away from full on Slaanesh worship.

>> No.72378478

>>72367934
Nids are absolutely murderous for infantry.
I would take a handful of the ideas here, and have the players make a bunch of mooks for frontline combat to die by the handful, and a ballercost level vehicle squad to make them feel good when the going gets tough.
Shit, give them a baneblade, or better, GIVE THEM KNIGHTS.

>> No.72378500

>>72369389
Don't act like a cuck, anon.
If it works, it doesn't matter if it came from GitPm Reddit, or some remnant of infinitychan.

>> No.72378532

>>72370385
There tech level is high, but it is applied in pseudo-primitive ways.
Think the technobarbarians of Terra, or really, something similar to Star Wars.
Wookies and Tusken Raiders use plasma crossbows and plasma winchester repeaters, respectively, and jedi use plasma swords.

>> No.72378573

>>72373315
8e lore IS nobledark/grimbright, anon.
That is why people shit on it.

>> No.72378600

>>72377294
NYART, but I'd wager it's both.
I had a feral worlder make a daemonsword kinda by accident because he didn't believe all warp entities were inherently malign, but merely following their basest instinct that humans could understand.

>> No.72379528

>>72345581
So how is the new Wrath and Glory? Interesting enough to invest in?

>> No.72379607

>>72379528
It's basically the finished version of the first release. The same basic system is there, except now it's actually proofread, edited, etc. So yeah, it's worth it, because the basic system is good.

>> No.72379622

>>72379607
Does it have corruption and insanity mechanics like Dark Heresy does?

>> No.72379668

>>72367934
>>72378478
Individual Nids, especially the basic ones, are weak, but they can hurt in melee, and the problem is you can rarely make an excuse to have a small number of Nids in one place that aren't leets like Genestealers or something. When the Hive Mind attacks with his chaff, he goes all in. The party alone can't fight 500+ Nids, and by Nid standards that's tiny.

>> No.72379673

>>72379622
Yes and no. Theres corruption and mutations, and enough of them will result in your death, but it's nowhere near as ridiculous or retarded as DH. But I consider DH (and all of the FFG 40k games) to be absolute shit anyway so I'm biased as fuck. I wouldn't wipe my ass with a FFG 40k book if it was the last paper on Earth.

>> No.72379698

>>72379622
It has corruption, but no insanity.
Everyone's crazy in 40k anyway.

>> No.72379722

>>72378573
>>8e lore IS nobledark/grimbright
>LOL rowboat is an incompetent retard
>LOL emperor was an incompetent retard
>LOL half the imperium is burning
>LOL chaos is all powerful
>LOL living saint is like a twig to abaddon and kharn
>LOL great rift
>LOL black crusades only failed cuz abby meant to lose
>LOL cadia btfo

>> No.72379743

>>72375481
>>72376786
>>72377139
Nobledark 40k (not necessarily following the 1d4chan writeup, some of that shit's dumb) with shades of grimdark and no grimderp is the best way to go.

>> No.72379848

>>72378573
7e and especially 8e is just mindless chaoswank and shit writing

>> No.72379996

>>72377294
>kid psyker perils
>gets daemon juice inside
>my PC tells others to put him into a stasis field surrounded by hexogrammatic wards
>we do that
>my PC also tells that she knows what to do and just need time to set up an exorcism ritual
>daemon comes to another PC and lies about torturing kid's soul
>PC has a bleeding heart and takes daemon inside herself instead
>daemons intensifies

>> No.72381078

>>72379722
>LOL black crusades only failed cuz abby meant to lose
>LOL cadia btfo
Why would this be 8e lore? The bunch of black crusades Abby launched were all part of some master plan have been like that since 3e, if not earlier, and the only reason Cadia didn’t fall earlier was GW cheating hard during the 13th bc event because of the forces of order players being utterly inept there.

>> No.72381149

>>72379673
Can you show me on the doll where the FFG employee touched you?

>> No.72381289

>>72379673
Yeah, Dark Heresy is so bloated that I can tell at points when my players stop having fun during a session and encounters become just tedious. I told them I'd have a look at W&G once our current campaign ends and see if we can transfer characters across from one system to another before our next campaign begins.

How do weapons work in W&G by the way?

>> No.72381418

>>72379722
>Guilliman is credited with saving the Imperium as a actual entity
>GE, although with faults, actually conquered the galaxy and was well on the way to stabilizing it
>Half the Imperium burning, but still holding on by a thread is noble dark
>Chaos has ALWAYS been all powerful, held back only by it's infighting
>he thinks living saints are all powerful, when each living saint had it's own set of abilities and ONLY those
>already mentioned
>Black Crusades, save the first ended by Dorn, always had motives that were not "Destroy the Imperium"
>Cadia falling is another part of the Imperium battered, but holding on against the odds
>LOL shitposter who gets their information from /tg/ and doesn't actually read the lore themselves
>>72381078
13th BC event has long been retconned, and even then, ended with Cadia falling, but the Imperium controlling space in the region

>> No.72381594

>>72381289
Melee is king and generally more effective than ranged weapons which have relatively shortish ranges (optional rule to extend their ranges, however).

Weapons are expensive as hell and it's very difficult to get rarer options.

>> No.72381608

>>72381418
>13th BC event has long been retconned, and even then, ended with Cadia falling, but the Imperium controlling space in the region
I know that, it is just that Cadia falling wasn’t really new fluff, and the reason why the Imperium kept the space was because the forces of disorder didn’t even try to contest it because player shortages on the disorder side.
It honestly impressive how much of a shitshow the whole thing was, looking back at it.

>> No.72381684

>>72381078
>The bunch of black crusades Abby launched were all part of some master plan have been like that since 3e, if not earlier
Not true. It was always said Cadia WAS Abaddon's plan. He saw Cadia as both a morale target and military target. He thought the Imperium would break if they lost the planet, which is basically as important as Terra or Mars to not only their army but their image.

The idea of it all being "just as planned" and him having been able to win any time he wanted to is idiotic 8e chaoswank.

>> No.72381745

>>72381594
So there's a currency system?

>> No.72381825

>>72381418
>Guilliman is credited with saving the Imperium as a actual entity
He was. Now he's incompetent and does nothing.
>GE, although with faults, actually conquered the galaxy and was well on the way to stabilizing it
He did. Now he's an idiot and only ever fucked up.
>Half the Imperium burning, but still holding on by a thread is noble dark
Half the Imperium being destroyed and the other half almost gone isn't nobledark.
>Chaos has ALWAYS been all powerful, held back only by it's infighting
Chaos was never all powerful. The Emperor was always mightier than the Chaos Gods (his willpower alone repelled their combined influence in Warpspace), and whenever Chaos lost it was a legit loss. They desperately wanted the galaxy for souls and feared the Tyranids greatly, since the Hive Mind's incorruptible. Chaos was very strong, but never omnipotent or unbeatable. That's all changed in idiotic new material.
>Black Crusades, save the first ended by Dorn, always had motives that were not "Destroy the Imperium"
Abaddon's main goal was always destroying or corrupting Cadia. He never intended to lose and saying he did is retarded.
>Cadia falling is another part of the Imperium battered, but holding on against the odds
That's like saying Japan getting nuked and firebombed unopposed was them holding out against the odds.
>LOL shitposter who gets their information from /tg/ and doesn't actually read the lore themselves
Shitposter and/or chaosfag who loves the new stuff because he thinks the few years of SM wank needs to be countered by a decade of chaos-wank.

>> No.72381828

Newfag to 40k here: it looks like GW is sold out of everything right now, and everything in the US seems to cost a fair bit more than it does in the UK. Is that because of corona or is it always like this?

>> No.72381851

>>72381418
>13th BC event has long been retconned
In the new shit, yes.
>>72381608
GW at the time felt like too many experienced disorder players rigged local matches by getting put into unbalanced lineups and teams against inexperienced order players, who rarely had the same advantage. A lot of people, disorder players included, thought the results weren't fair.

>> No.72382008

>>72381851
>In the new shit, yes.
It was retconned almost immediately in 5e in the IG codex.
NO other material printed after 4e mentioned the end of the 13th BC, only that it had begun and the Imperium was marshaling forces in opposition.

>> No.72382031

>>72381825
>The Emperor was always mightier than the Chaos Gods
t. Lorelet
Emps was never more powerful the Chaos Gods, and if you read some interviews with some former GW people, they were baffled by people seriously thinking that he was still a player at all, since the whole joke was that no one in the Imperium really knew if he was really alive, dead, or comatose.

>> No.72382108

Only War question;

Stun weapon quality, what is up with the wording: Shocking weapons can incapacitate their opponents with a powerful surge of energy or other non-lethal means. A target that takes at least 1 point of damage from a Shocking weapon, must make a Challenging (+0) Toughness test. If he fails, for every degree of failure he is stunned for a round''

...Does this mean that if the opponent fails, but fails without degrees of failure, he does not get Stunned?

>> No.72382252

>>72381828
Cuz of the kung flu, anon.

>> No.72382263

>>72382108
You always have at least 1 DoS/F in Only War

>> No.72382277

>>72382108

they changed degrees of success from black crusade onward. Degrees of success / failure start at 1 instead of 0, so you always get at least one.

>> No.72382289

>>72382108
In only war and such, a base failure or success is 1 "degree".
Every 10 past that is additional degrees.
Say you need to roll a 36, and you roll 34.
That is "1 degree of failure". If you roll 29, that would be 2 degrees.
>I may be wrong on the second tho, been a bit since I read up on how degrees work.

>> No.72382341

>>72382277
>>72382263
>>72382289

Thank you for quick answers! I jumped into OW from RT and was so confused by this. Thank you!

>> No.72382345

>>72382031
>write the emperor protects the imperium
>"lul y do ppl think he alive??"
I don't care what retardo shit Gav or ABD or whoever tries to push these days, the Emperor was always the reason the Chaos Gods couldn't just swoop in and use their power to blast everybody. He's stronger than they are.

>> No.72382395

>>72382345
>He's stronger than they are.
Now, relatively speaking, I'm a pretty big Emperorboo myself but let's not get carried away here. I've always described him to new players as the Yang to their Yin.

>> No.72382398

>>72382008
Retconned as in made a forced Chaos victory.
>>72382031
>they were baffled by people seriously thinking that he was still a player at all
Considering they consistently wrote up until the latest two editions that he did in fact serve as the counter to Chaos and was beating their shit back into the Warp, I have doubts they ever actually said this, and if they did it was some dumb writer out of touch with the lore and settingm otherwise known as half of GW's modern staff.

>> No.72382414

>>72382395
At least as strong as one of them is at least fair, but it says something when they still can't overpower his consciousness or psychic abilities even when not infighting. Obviously he can't go on the offensive against all four of them but he's strong enough to stalemate them in turn.

>> No.72382425

>>72382252
Dammit. Alright, I guess I’ll wait until this thing blows over to start buying all my shit

>> No.72382454

>>72382395
I don't like nu-fluff but Chaos calling him 'the Anathema', I do like. It's Yin and Yang, unstoppable force vs. immovable object. Chaotic corruption will always occur because mortalkind's prone to evil and primal urges, but the stability of Order always holds up against it. They'll never stop attacking him, he'll never stop holding them off.

>> No.72382482

>>72381745
It's an abstract concept of "wealth" which you can use to bribe people to help with influence tests. Influence "bartering" is basically how you acquire new wargear unless your GM wants to just happen to have weapons sitting around in the battlefield. You talk to your chain of command and try to influence them to give you new equipment. Issue is that high quality equipment require pretty insane amounts of influence and currency is very hard to come by (rule book says award 1 currency to a player every 2-3 sessions).

>> No.72382498

>>72382398
Yes, as of 8e, when they advanced the timeline past M41.
5e/6e/7e completely ignored the 4e result of 13th BC.

>> No.72382529

>>72382414
See, I wonder if he's even as powerful as they are or if it's more because he's the "Anathema"
>>72382454
In Slaves to Darkness he was made from an aspect of the warp that Chaos has long since overrun. So I think it's fair to speculate if his demonstrated toxicity to them gives him a boost that covers a power differential.

>> No.72382534

>>72382498
>5e/6e/7e completely ignored the 4e result of 13th BC
Good. Ambiguous or stalemate result is better than pushing the plot forward, since GW's only concept of plot advancement for the past six years has been "chaos wins and you cant stop them neener neener"

>> No.72382577

>>72382529
StD is pretty old. That was still the time the Illuminati and shit were involved, yeah?
Even still, not to be a pedantic faggot, but anathema either means the counter/repulsion of something or the damning of something in a religious context. Both fit pretty well. The Chaos Gods were never the gods among gods. It took a mass extinction event to make the Eldar Gods weak enough to be beaten and their plan is obviously to cause the same to the Emperor. In the meanwhile that means that while he may not be powerful to go in and destroy them, they're not powerful enough to do the same to him, and if they outnumber him, even with infighting, that tells me he's got an edge overall, but it's a war of attrition that relies on the Imperium surviving.

>> No.72382900

>>72382454
>chaos destroys the old ones
>chaos destroys the eldar
>chaos ends the dark age of technology
>chaos cripples the Imperium in its cradle
>chaos splits the galaxy in half

>b-but the emprah is unstoppable force
order!!!!
The entire galaxy has been in the decline since day one. The age of the Imperium is just the death throes of the galaxy. This was tgw reason 40k was grimdark. Everything we cherish has been poisoned by chaos. Technology, magic, freedom, common humanity, all soiled. So all thats left to delay the inevitable is superstition, fatalism, and sacrifice on a mass scale.

>> No.72382929

>>72382345
>>72382398
I found a interview with Rick Priestley in Leddit where he talks about it a bit. Here is the link and the relevant quote:
>https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/comments/918rtp/followup_interview_with_rick_priestley/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body
>I always liked to keep the Emperor as something of a mystery - not necessarily conscious or aware even - possibly the whole thing is a mistake that continues to hold the Imperium together as a social construct but which has no basis in reality. One could make comparisons with any number of religions and their role in history - of which Aztec is certainly one though not the one that was upperpost in my mind!
I also remember a different interview with other former designers where they echo similar feelings, albeit I can’t find right now.

>> No.72383126

>>72382929
>1 year ago
kek
>edgy atheist comment at the end
KEK
Yeah, I'm gonna disregard this.

>> No.72383169

>>72382900
>chaos destroys the old ones
Because they were already embroiled in a war.
>chaos destroys the eldar
Eldar are still alive, but lost their gods because of a freak extinction event.
>chaos ends the dark age of technology
You mean the Heresy? Yeah, but they couldn't have done it without a bunch of gullible assholes helping them.
>chaos cripples the Imperium in its cradle
Nu-shit.
>chaos splits the galaxy in half
Nu-shit.
>b-but the emprah is unstoppable force
They still can't beat him.
>Everything we cherish has been poisoned by chaos
Things were poisoned because retards kept joining Chaos. If they just listened to the Emperor Chaos would still be powerless to hurt the Imperium.
>Technology, magic, freedom, common humanity, all soiled
Chaos had nothing to do with any of that.
>So all thats left to delay the inevitable is superstition, fatalism, and sacrifice on a mass scale.
Not really. Also, check out Nobledark Imperium.
>inevitable chaos victory
ohai carnac

>> No.72383361

>>72383126
>I will ignore the opinions of one of the literal creators of Warhammer because I don’t like them
This shall be my final (You) to (You).

>> No.72383399

>>72383169
>2005
>the emperor's consciousness patrols the warp and holds off chaos, using his psychic power to ward the entire imperium
>2019
>yea i know i wrote that but i totally never thought it lol religion is a lie

It's weird how so many of GW's old guys turned out. I mean Gav was never that popular, but nowadays he's a literally a gay Marxist SJW in an open relationship with his husband.

>> No.72383448

>>72382482
But a sensible GM could just fudge that to ensure their players get what they need.

>> No.72383484

>>72382482
I heard that there are 'tiers' of classes. How exactly does that work?

>> No.72383646

>>72383399
Wrong post to reply to
>>72383361

>> No.72383660

>>72383484

>> No.72383744

>>72383169
The war in heaven ended decisively after the enslavers killed every Old One and nearly ever living being.

The eldar are a dying race. The only survivors of their once great empire are the amish and drug addicts that live in a sewer.

The birth of slaanesh also made warp transit impossible, and caused thr age of strife. Its possible the cybernetic revolt was also a product of the warp, given how often AI tend to go chaos crazy in the 41st millenium.

The horus heresy is another matter entirely. As soon as the Immortal and Unstoppable God of Order Tha Emprah! conquers the ruins of the galaxy and forms the Imperium a few whispers from the chaos gods shatter it to pieces, and the Emperor dies on the toilet Elvis style.
The allure of chaos is so strong that any straying from the Imperiums regressive theocracy eventually leads to it. The Imperium survived for less than a millenium as a rational progressive place.

Everything great and good was destoyed by chaos. Even before the fall of cadia, chaos has an unblemished win streak. What good is a corpse god who couldn't even keep his own sons in check?

This is the grimdark. The only thing standing between order and chaos is endless bloodshed of heroes and innocents. The Imperium has to nuke entire planets because of the ideological threat chaos presents. Even with such sacrifice it is still a losing battle.

>> No.72383776

72383646
If you bothered to read the rest of the interview, you see that Rick specifically comments on the setting straying way from his original vision.
Also, you should read the original Rogue Trader and how it describes the imperial cult if you think Rick is being “””edgy””” there.

>> No.72383883

>>72383744
>The only survivors of their once great empire are the amish and drug addicts that live in a sewer.
Nice shitpost.
>The birth of slaanesh also made warp transit impossible
Except Warp transit isn't impossible.
>As soon as the Immortal and Unstoppable God of Order Tha Emprah! conquers the ruins of the galaxy and forms the Imperium a few whispers from the chaos gods shatter it to pieces
You mean a long and direct plan to break the Imperium through corruption that Chaos still ultimately lost despite having nearly every advantage possible?
>the Emperor dies on the toilet Elvis style
You mean he stops Horus and sacrifices himself to save the Imperium but still doesn't die because of tech and his sheer will to live?
>The allure of chaos is so strong
It's magic corruption and lies.
>the Imperiums regressive theocracy
Holy shit the state of chaosfag cope
>Everything great and good was destoyed by chaos
No, it was destroyed by mortals, some of whom were corrupted by Chaos.
>chaos has an unblemished win streak
Thirteen Black Crusades, faggot, among numerous other losses.
>What good is a corpse god who couldn't even keep his own sons in check
The fact his psychic power is what keeps beating Chaos in the Warp?
>This is the grimdark
No, this is grimderp invented in the past few years.
>Even with such sacrifice it is still a losing battle.
Not when Chaos keeps losing, and when other factions are rising. Remember the Tyranids? Please don't be triggered, chaosfag, but remember how your gods literally quake in fear, quote, at the Tyranid invasion? No souls means they starve.

>> No.72383910

>>72383776
>you see that Rick specifically comments on the setting straying way from his original vision
So? His original vision was some retarded cyberpunk-meets-Thatcher fever dream with the Illuminati and a global conspiracy to create some kind of psychic child to form megacorps or something. What 40k has been for 90% of its lifespan is NOTHING resembling what Rick may've thought. It was originally pitched as Warhammer Fantasy in space. Nothing more, nothing less. Rick's crazy half-finished thesis for the backdrop was quickly scrapped, not least because it made no sense that the basis of it all was some magic samurai was trying to thwart the corporation-backed Illuminati.
>you should read the original Rogue Trader and how it describes the imperial cult if you think Rick is being “””edgy”””
So? I don't think he says "lul all religion is a social constructed lie" like he does in his leddit interview for fedoravotes.

>> No.72384056

72383910
>So? I don't think he says "lul all religion is a social constructed lie" like he does in his leddit interview for fedoravotes
RT flat out says that the imperial cult was made as a scam to keep backwater planets in check. Honestly I don't know why I am even bother since you clearly haven't read RT.

>> No.72384100

>>72383910
>So? His original vision was some retarded cyberpunk-meets-Thatcher fever dream with the Illuminati and a global conspiracy to create some kind of psychic child to form megacorps or something. What 40k has been for 90% of its lifespan is NOTHING resembling what Rick may've thought. It was originally pitched as Warhammer Fantasy in space. Nothing more, nothing less. Rick's crazy half-finished thesis for the backdrop was quickly scrapped, not least because it made no sense that the basis of it all was some magic samurai was trying to thwart the corporation-backed Illuminati.
Rick Priestley's got writing credits in every main rulebook up to 4th Edition. He's been directly involved in 40k for little less than half its life down. And every day we stray farther from God's light.

>> No.72384128

>>72383484
Tiers are basically what you can play. If it's a T2 game for example, you can play anything of T2 or less (exception being if a GM just says no to a archtype, like no eldar in the imperial game etc).

>> No.72384160

>>72384056
Not that anon, but I'm actually reading through RT for the first right now, and I just hit the first page of lore. This passage does mention the emperor being the "absolute power" of the immaterium, but that might just be sarcasm, or that might be clarified in a later chapter.

>> No.72384189

>>72384160
Wait, shit. I'm retarded, it says Imperium. Guess I'll go drink bleach.

>> No.72384203

>>72384100
>And every day we stray farther from God's light
Indeed. I wonder if anon even knows that Ricky left GW because it was phasing out customization in favor of shameless moneygrubing.

>> No.72384337

>>72384189
Yeah, Emps saw himself as just mankind protector and servant, not a god, also in RT Chaos wasn't a thing. Also, the Imperium wasn't a theocracy in sense of all other religions being outlawed, and Chaos wasn't a thing.
Honestly it was a pretty neat setting, despite(or perhaps because) being so tongue in check.

>> No.72384503

>>72384056
>>72384160
Tbf there's a difference between
>the imperial cult is a scam started to get sway over fringe territories
and
>the imperial cult has no basis in reality - you know, like all religions ;D

>> No.72384513

>>72383910
>"lul all religion is a social constructed lie"

I see where your coming from, by I'm not sure he meant it like that. I think he wasn't trying to say that all religion is socially constructed, just that a great many are (which is true by according to most religions). The most potential fedora-tipping part of that statement is the whole "the Aztecs weren't the first thing in mind" part, but I think the comparison he meant was that of the medieval catholic church, or rather the meme church that got taught in older English schools, with a strong pro-Anglican anti-Catholic bias. At least, I hope that's what's up, because otherwise yeah that's a pretty uninformed statement to make.

>> No.72384537

>>72384100
Rick's overrated. He had good ideas but a bad execution of most of them. His original concept for 40k fluff is an incoherent mess and there was that weird period where he tried to say Warhammer Fantasy and 40k were the same thing and you could bring both games' armies to the same events.

>> No.72384568

>>72384513
This. Reading it over two or three times I don't think he was making some edgy comment about religion, rather saying that the Imperial Cult is inspired by any number of real-world religions. I think it's just the way it's typed that makes it look like he's saying "religion has no basis in reality."

>> No.72384589

Is it more lore-friendly for an Imperial Guard platoon to embed heavy weapons troopers in regular 10-man squads, or to create dedicated heavy weapon squads?

>> No.72384594

>>72384337
Yeah, I'm surprised at how much I like it so far. It reminds me of Rifts and it's ilk: its there to have fun first and foremost.

>> No.72384616

>>72384589
Depends on the nature of the weapons. Something like suppression or heavy flame would probably fit easily into a standard squad. Tank destroyers would probably be their own thing, as would heavy bolter squads.

>> No.72384656

>>72384589
Fluff-wise IG regiments have basically no standardization whatsoever, and only need to focus in a single element of warfare(infantry, artillery, tanks, and so on), so honestly just do whatever you think you would like more.

>> No.72384705

>>72384594
>its there to have fun first and foremost.
Yeah. Shame that modern 40k is all about selling overpriced minis to suckers.

>> No.72384765

>>72384616
>>72384589
That's a good point! Bit confused on some details though, what do you think about below:

>Missile launcher
Anti-tank, but pretty portable. Regular squad?
>Lascannon
Anti-tank, not easily portable. Dedicated squad
>Mortar
Anti-infantry, portable. Regular squad?
>Autocannon
Anti-tank, not easily portable. Dedicated squad
>Heavy bolter
Anti-infantry, not easily portable. Torn on this one, probably a dedicated squad? Just given the bulk.

>>72384656
My GM is a fluff hardass, I need to really nail down this proposal before I show him. I've got the "single element" thing down to just line infantry, but that comes with heavy weapons too in everything I can find.

>> No.72384812

>>72384765
>missile launcher
Regular squad.
>lascannon
Dedicated squad.
>Mortar
Dedicated squad or attached to support companies, snipers and medics etc., but not frontline squads.
>Autocannon
Dedicated squad.
>Heavy Bolter
Dedicated squad.

For me it comes down less to fluff, which is highly inconsistent on it, and more on logic. An infantry squad values portability and speed. Something like a heavy bolter would be useless in a standard squad because it could never set up.

>> No.72384947

>>72384765
If you are in doubt about how the regiment should look like, just look at an american or british infantry regiment and replace the equipment for the 40k equivalent.

>> No.72384972

>>72383883
>No, this is grimderp invented in the past few years.
read this 1d4nigger. fucking READ for once
>For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods and a master of a million words by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium to whom a thousands souls are sacrificed every day, and for whom blood is drunk and flesh eaten. Human blood and human flesh - the stuff of which the Imperium is made.
>To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regimes imaginable. This is the tale of these times. It is a universe you can live today if you are - for this is a dark and terrible era where you will find little comfort or hope. If you want to take part in the adventure then prepare yourself now. Forget the power of technology, science, and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and the slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods.
-Warhammer 40000: Rogue Trader (1987)

This is the very first piece of 40k fluff ever published. The Imperium is a fetid, failing empire.

>No, it was destroyed by mortals, some of whom were corrupted by Chaos.
The Old Ones? Butchered by creatures of the warp.
The Eldar? Butchered by creatures of the warp.
The Dark Age of Technology? Ended by warpstorms.
The Emperor of Mankind? Gutted by agents of chaos.
The galaxy has been on one long backslide all because of the machinations of chaos. Since the Heresy the Imperium has managed to stabilize and contain the threat of chaos. But at what cost? Every war is a grinding battle of attrition. In every battle more heroes die, more relics from the dark age lost forever. It is one hour to midnight.

>> No.72385035

>>72384972
>The Old Ones? Butchered by creatures of the warp.
Because they were already weakened by another gigantic war.
>The Eldar? Butchered by creatures of the warp.
They died to Warp energy and a psychic explosion. Chaos itself was a result, not the cause.
>The Dark Age of Technology? Ended by warpstorms.
Partly.
>The Emperor of Mankind? Gutted by agents of chaos.
Made even stronger if anything. He went from being an exceptional mortal to the strongest psychic being in existence.
>The galaxy has been on one long backslide all because of the machinations of chaos
Chaos has lost every time it's tried to do something major. They couldn't kill the Necrons, they couldn't kill the Eldar, they couldn't kill the Imperium, and they couldn't kill the Emperor. If anything they're more like vultures. When someone shows weakness or is already dying, they attack.
>Every war is a grinding battle of attrition
And it isn't for Chaos? They have limited numbers of mortal followers, especially Chaos Marines. Daemons can't easily manifest. When they lose, they lose hard.

>> No.72385060

>>72384972
Why are you surprised that sad retards have entirely bought into obvious in-universe propaganda? All it tells you is that shit actually works, even on those that should know better.

>> No.72385067

>>72385060
>chaos is truth
>everything else is a lie

>> No.72385129

>>72385067
It's all bullshit and propaganda, especially when it comes to chaos and the Imperium. That dumbasses keep continually falling for, and defending, obvious nonsense says more about the potency of propaganda and sunk-cost than anything else.

>> No.72385419

>>72385035
>Because they were already weakened by another gigantic war.
The enslavers killed all the old ones, and ended the C'tans harvests by eating almost all life. This weakened the C'tan and allowed the Necrons to kill their masters. So that's in effect another tally for chaos.
>They died to Warp energy and a psychic explosion. Chaos itself was a result, not the cause.
A chaos god single handedly slaughtered their entire pantheon, as well as every elf not on a craftworld or in the webway. Consumed by the realm of chaos boiling over.
>Partly.
Interplanetary movement became impossible and suddenly psykers went mad and exploded into daemons. The Cybernetic Revolt was a disaster (and possibly the result of chaos corruption), but it wasn't until interstellar flight became impossible that things really backslid. The warp storms were because of slaanesh, so obviously chaos was responsible.
>Made even stronger if anything. He went from being an exceptional mortal to the strongest psychic being in existence.
He can't even communicate to the high lords effectively. Where are you reading that the Emperor alone is fighting an invisible psychic war in the warp, AND winning?
>Chaos has lost every time it's tried to do something major. They couldn't kill the Necrons, they couldn't kill the Eldar, they couldn't kill the Imperium, and they couldn't kill the Emperor. If anything they're more like vultures. When someone shows weakness or is already dying, they attack.
The C'tan died after Chaos ate all their food. The Eldar are a dying race, you're even dumber than I thought if you dispute this. The Emperor is crippled mute, blind, deaf, and requires thousands of psykers sacrificed every single day just to keep a lightbulb burning. The Imperium is increasingly corrupt, regressive, and draconian and this is the ONLY way to keep the forces of chaos at bay. Routine pogroms, exterminatus, and paranoia have become the norm. More and more technology is lost to attrition.

>> No.72385488

>>72385419
>So that's in effect another tally for chaos
If you stretch it.
>A chaos god single handedly slaughtered their entire pantheon,
Because all their followers were suddenly gone by the psychic burst and they lost their power, which Slaanesh gained by consuming the gods thereafter.
>Interplanetary movement became impossible and suddenly psykers went mad and exploded into daemons
Not always, no.
>and possibly the result of chaos corruption
No.
>Where are you reading that the Emperor alone is fighting an invisible psychic war in the warp, AND winning?
See above. From the armybook.
>The Emperor is crippled mute, blind, deaf, and requires thousands of psykers sacrificed every single day just to keep a lightbulb burning
The Emperor is fighting Chaos nonstop in the Warp and winning. Chaos requires even more sacrifices to stay relevant.
>The Imperium is increasingly corrupt, regressive, and draconian
And still better than living under Chaos.
>Routine pogroms, exterminatus, and paranoia have become the norm
Ignoring 7e/8e grimderp, yeah, shit can be bad, but still not as bad as Chaos.
>More and more technology is lost to attrition.
Yet they still invent and build shit.

>> No.72385532

>>72385035
>And it isn't for Chaos? They have limited numbers of mortal followers, especially Chaos Marines. Daemons can't easily manifest. When they lose, they lose hard.
Despite being vastly outnumbered by the Imperials, constantly fighting itself, and having only a fraction of the logistical capabilities the Heretics keep fighting on, and unlike the Imperium are actually growing stronger. Their most powerful engines of war dont rely blueprints lost millennia ago. Many chaos marines have been fighting for 10,000 years concurrently. Every regiment of guardsmen, every chapter of space marines, every cohort of techpriests can all be converted to chaos with just a little encouragement.

Even before 7/8 the 13th black crusade was foreshadowed to be an Imperial defeat. Everyone knew this.

>> No.72385627

Does anyone have a description or a drawing of Saint Mina?

>> No.72385742

>>72385488
>If you stretch it.
The C'tan could be killed because the enslavers ate all their food. Its obvious
>Because all their followers were suddenly gone by the psychic burst and they lost their power, which Slaanesh gained by consuming the gods thereafter.
And this somehow isnt a win for chaos?
>Not always, no.
What are you saying here? That the age of strife didn't happen? That there wasn't a massive backslide from the DAoT?
>No.
Its never been written why the Men of Iron went nuts, but usually when AI show up in 40k they fall to chaos. The castigator titan and the STC Gaunts Ghosts took out, just to name a few.
>The Emperor is fighting Chaos nonstop in the Warp and winning. Chaos requires even more sacrifices to stay relevant.
Where is the AND winning part? Also note that 40k fluff is written with unreliable narration. If the Emperor is really omnipresent in the warp why can't he speak to the high lords or really anybody in the Imperium? His blessings are scant and rare. Living saints, fate points, and the like. Unlike the chaos gods, who can routinely power up their servants and summon their minions from the warp. If the Emperor is really far more powerful than the chaos gods where are his daemons? Why is he so stingy with his gifts?
>And still better than living under Chaos. Ignoring 7e/8e grimderp, yeah, shit can be bad, but still not as bad as Chaos.
That's not the point at all you retard. The fact that the Imperium needs to constantly lop off bits of itself to protect the whole is a testament to how thorough the threat of chaos really is.
>Yet they still invent and build shit.
Aside from Cawl-pattern bullshit? No. No they do not. You can't insult 7/8 and then refer to it in the same breath.

40k is grimdark and it always has been. Despite constant heroic sacrifice the bad guys are still winning. I'm sorry this might be too much for you to handle, but not every story has a happy ending.

>> No.72385777

>>72385742
>Also note that 40k fluff is written with unreliable narration
But not for Chaos. Everything about Chaos is totally right, huh?
>If the Emperor is really far more powerful than the chaos gods where are his daemons? Why is he so stingy with his gifts?
Maybe the fact his Imperium keeps winning? His Space Marines can butcher daemons wholesale and overtake daemon princes?
>I'm sorry this might be too much for you to handle
Lmao, you do you man.

>> No.72385806

>>72385532
>unlike the Imperium are actually growing stronger
Because Chaos sits around rarely fighting anyone while the Imperium is fighting on a dozen fronts at once.
>Many chaos marines have been fighting for 10,000 years concurrently
Not constant fighting, because they're very finite.
>all be converted to chaos with just a little encouragement.
Not really. It takes corruption or the general deception of Chaos.
>he 13th black crusade was foreshadowed to be an Imperial defeat. Everyone knew this.
No one "knew" this. It was all speculation.

You act like everyone who plays 40k is some Chaos-loving Imperium-hating fatalist who wants to watch everyone die under Chaos' mighty heel. AKA, bullshit that smells like some cuck fantasy.

>> No.72385847

>the imperium is beating chaos every time they fight
>SIKE they just meant to lose
>the orks could outfight chaos
>SIKE they just like fighting orks because chaos is only playing around
>the tyranids scare chaos greatly
>SIKE they don't care at all because they never need souls
>the emperor is psychically opposing the chaos gods
>SIKE he's just a retarded ant and they're all powerful
Wow, the faction that has had every single weakness and downside written out of it by incompetent authors over the past five years is extremely strong and seems unbeatable now. What are the odds of that?

>> No.72385866

>>72385847
Nu-40k is Disney Wars and Chaos is Rey

>> No.72386269

>>72385777
>But not for Chaos. Everything about Chaos is totally right, huh?
My entire argument revolves around the history of the setting. Yours is based on a few codex blurbs.
>Maybe the fact his Imperium keeps winning? His Space Marines can butcher daemons wholesale and overtake daemon princes?
Again. At what cost? How have you missed the central themes of 40k this badly?
Also, his Imperium became a bloated theocratic mess and at no point did he decide to tell them no?
> you do you man.
thats a big yikes my guy big oof. dont mess with tha emprah!s space marinos

>> No.72386293

>>72385806
>Because Chaos sits around rarely fighting anyone while the Imperium is fighting on a dozen fronts at once.
Chaos is fighting itself, and xenos, and the Imperium. There is only war, after all.
>Not constant fighting, because they're very finite.
Do you have a single fact to back that up. Kharn, Abbadon, Ahriman, Lucious, Bile, damn near every named character fought during the horus heresy and is still kicking.
>Not really. It takes corruption or the general deception of Chaos.
What's the difference? The Imperium will kill anyone that even doubt the Imperial creed so the temptations of chaos must be quite strong.
>No one "knew" this. It was all speculation.
The timeline ended during the 13th black crusade for a reason.

>You act like everyone who plays 40k is some Chaos-loving Imperium-hating fatalist who wants to watch everyone die under Chaos' mighty heel. AKA, bullshit that smells like some cuck fantasy.
Yes. Because that's what 40k is about the pillars of the setting are the slow collapse of the Imperium and the death of hope. It's the grim darkness of the far future and the Imperium is slowly losing a war on all fronts. The gods are dead. Corruption is everywhere. Technology is slowly regressing. Humanity's last hope was betrayed. Everything is in decline. All that slows the decay is the blood of martyrs and blind zeal. How have you not figured these out? But I guess you said its cuck shit so the authors of the setting are just wrong and stupid and were never right in the first place.

>>72385847
Chaos is the big bad of the setting. It was retarded that they were such a jobber punching bag for so long. Of all the bad writing in 8th, making chaos actually threatening isn't it.

>> No.72386449

>>72386293
*every named character in the horus heresy is still kicking
>The Imperium will kill anyone that even doubt the Imperial creed so the temptations of chaos must be quite strong
More like Chaos is insidious as fuck and can easily spread to people too dumb to see what it's about.
>The timeline ended during the 13th black crusade for a reason.
That means literally nothing.
>Because that's what 40k is about the pillars of the setting are the slow collapse of the Imperium and the death of hope
No it's not. It's about scifi fantasy battles in space.
>The gods are dead
At least three Eldar Gods are alive. The Emperor is alive. Gork and Mork are alive. The Chaos Gods are alive. The fuck do you mean?
>How have you not figured these out?
Because I'm not a chaosfag. You do you, but it's not for me. Not everybody roots for Chaos.
>It was retarded that they were such a jobber punching bag for so long
It's retarded they had weaknesses and could be beaten?
>making chaos actually threatening isn't it
Chaos isn't threatening, it's some stupid shonen anime villain now.

>> No.72386464

>grimdark has to mean chaos always wins and if you don't like chaos you must hate 40k
You guys remember Carnac, right?
This is Carnac, or at least a copycat.

>> No.72386499

>>72386293
>so the authors of the setting are just wrong and stupid and were never right in the first place

Chaos wasn't a part of 40k in the first place.

>Yes. Because that's what 40k is about

If the setting was "Chaos wins, pack up and go home" then we wouldn't have books or models of any other factions or any stories or codex entries where other factions win. This is just a completely transparent attempt to bait people into responding, as over-the-top Chaoswanking ("Yeah the whole point of 40k is loving Chaos don't you get it yet??") always is.

>> No.72386792

>>72386499
Realm of Chaos came out in '88 you retard.

>>72386449
>More like Chaos is insidious as fuck and can easily spread to people too dumb to see what it's about.
How is this any different? Daemons want your soul and plenty of people will sell it for worldly power. Classic faustian deal.
>That means literally nothing.
The implication was that Abbadon would win, given the huge army, blackstone fortresses, etc.
>At least three Eldar Gods are alive. The Emperor is alive. Gork and Mork are alive. The Chaos Gods are alive. The fuck do you mean?
I know metaphors are difficult for the autistic, but please try using some context clues. The Emperor is crippled and incapable of rule. Cegorach is hiding in the shadows, Isha is enslaved, and Khaine has been shattered to a million pieces. Gork and Mork are goofy greenskins. All of the primarchs are dead or gone. All of the cosmically power beings that can protect you are dead or gone. All the chaos gods want is to fuck your shit up.
>Because I'm not a chaosfag. You do you, but it's not for me. Not everybody roots for Chaos.
>No it's not. It's about scifi fantasy battles in space.
You've already outed yourself as a 1d4fag since you think the Emperor is alive, and techpriests invent things. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of 40k. Please, in your own words, tell me what 'grim dark' means.

>> No.72387066

>>72386792
>tell me what 'grim dark' means.
It means 'everyone has it bad, except the Imperium, who will inevitably win'. Obviously.

>> No.72387775

Where can I find info on minor xenos such as tarellian dog-soldiers, hrud and the like? If GW isn't going to give us a Dogs of War codex I'm gonna convert an army of my own.

>> No.72387870

>>72387775
Read xenology

>> No.72389359

Where can I read about Imperial Guard camouflage doctrine? My buddy is insisting that they never try to blend in to their environment, since the point is to "strike fear into their enemies"

>> No.72389501

>>72389359
Is he sure he isn't thinking of space marines in open warfare?

>> No.72389570

>>72389359

Tell him that's a Space Marine schtick since power armor is hard to hide. Also show him Catachan pics.

Then find some better friends with more brain cells than fingers.

>> No.72389650

>>72386792
But the Emperor is alive and techpriests do sometimes invent things, though not commonly and a lot of times it's old stuff they manage to get working again

>> No.72390476

>>72345581
I might be blind but I cant find WanG Revisited (not even in the temple), could anybody help?

Connected, do we have any good Wrath and Glory homebrews yet?

>> No.72390811

>>72390476
If its not on the IT it probably needs to be re-uploaded (everything is only up for 48 hours).

As far as homebrews some players had cooked up some stuff for the original version but I'm not tracking that anything exists for the "revised" version yet. Still, the old stuff should be able to transfer over pretty reasonably

>> No.72391505

>>72389359
My version of the primer from the trove has this in it.

>> No.72391556

>>72389650
Technology is declining. There might be brief periods of rediscovery when STCs are found, but the general trend is downwards.

>> No.72394302

>can barely find a pdf of WanG
>WanG Cu7 edition pdf nowhere to be seen
Its such a pain, im reconsidering using this fucking system.
Screw paying 20 dollars for it, I don't even know if im going to use it

>> No.72394320

>>72394302
Boo hoo you can't get a free copy of a paid game without a little work.

>> No.72394430

>>72394320
We gate-keep material now?
Times have changed

>> No.72395468

>Inquisitor tells party to keep fairly stealthy on a space station as they go to recover a relic
>Last session they forced their way into the museum the relic was kept in, brandishing their rosette, then using it to force some guards and a shuttle master to take them back to the Inquisitor's ship
>Most of the population of the station knows that they were working for the Inquisition and what they look like
>Inquisitor is fucking pissed

I'm obviously going to have him confiscate the rosette from them, but are there any other interesting punishments? I'm not a huge fan of just cutting off fingers/limbs. Might make the priest do a bit of penance.

I also need a bit of help planning a Dark Eldar raid on the station. They're looking for the relic that's been stolen, but I figured they'd force their way into the docks and start taking prisoners, trying to get into the main hab blocks. What does a Dark Eldar raid against a spaceborne target look like? Do they operate in a vacuum well? Or do I just have them shoot their way inside the hangar bay, get out of their landers into the artificial gravity there and start fighting?

>> No.72395567

>>72346830
In old edition, I've seen a team of 3 almost die to 1 ork boy and 5 grits, as in the NPCs they brought all died and they ended up hurt. With the changes to bestiary I'm still trying to find the right amount of enemies, but 3 orks that rush them into melee sounds good enough.

>> No.72395695

>>72353223
The system uses meta resources for recharges, but has an option to limit certain ammunition. In fact, if I'm not wrong to get ammo for really special weapons like plasma and melts you have to visit 3 planets in the whole system.

>> No.72395751

>>72370560
I just call it 1.5 out of tradition.

>> No.72396158

>>72386792
>You've already outed yourself as a 1d4fag since you think the Emperor is alive, and techpriests invent things
Are you retarded?

>> No.72396188

>>72387066
Grimdark should mean shit's bad and some people still hold on. Not everyone's weak and Chaos is going to win because it's so le badass and le kewl.

But the guy's literally using 'Carnac' so I think we should ignore it.

>> No.72396213

>>72386792
>The implication was that Abbadon would win, given the huge army, blackstone fortresses, etc
Because the Imperium also doesn't have a huge army, a massive navy, space marines, etc., Chaos is just more betterer because 1d4chan or something

>> No.72396284

>Carnac
Time to summon the lizards with pointy rocks

>> No.72396418

Does someone know how to save backgrounds in here? https://www.doctors-of-doom.com/forge/characters/tswvprd/builder/background I click everything, even the + sign, but it doesn't save them, ever, I've already wasted half an hour trying to figure out why it doesnt.

>> No.72396428

Reasons like this >>72385847
and people like this >>72386269
>>72386293
>>72386792
are why modern Chaos is a laughing stock.

>> No.72396557

>>72395468
Inquisitor withdraws ALL favors and busts them down to bitch rank.
The disobeyed a direct order, they should be happy to have their lives.

>> No.72396603

>>72395695
Anon, just because 3 examples are given doesn't mean there are ONLY 3 to be found entirely.
>>72396188
Anon, your definition is what nobledark is.
Grimdark is everything is shit and will remain shit.

>> No.72396718

>>72396603
Those planets might not be the only ones if the gm so rules, but still set guidelines on how to charge players for ammo in any other planet.

>> No.72396726

>>72396603
There's literally a rulebook section that says, paraphrased, "Only time will tell if the future will be glorious or in despair" when talking about the Emperor and the Imperium. Grimdark =/= Nihilism. Nihilistic fatalism is grimderp where shit is shit because it has to be shit and life sucks for everyone in the most outrageous way possible and you might as well just off yourself.

>> No.72399534

>>72396726
I'm pretty new to 40k lore, so I don't really know who's right in this argument, but I did find this in the Black Crusade rulebook. Given this is the 40k RPG general, I'd like to think that an RPG book has quite a bit of canonical authority, but sadly I know that's not always the case.

>> No.72399618

>>72399534
>I'd like to think that an RPG book has quite a bit of canonical authority,

The opposite, actually. Since FFG and Cubicle 7 are third party, whatever they say is NOT canon until it shows up in an official GW source (Citadel, Forge World, Black Library). So, for example, the Calixis Sector itself is canon because it shows up in the rulebooks and is referenced in codexes, but the events that happen within aren't canon until directly referenced.

>> No.72400533 [DELETED] 

>>72399618
Any news on formfillable WaG revised character sheets? I would do them myself but have no idea how to

>> No.72401039

>>72399618
>whatever they say is NOT canon
This is the 40k RPG thread.
Also, the FFG books are infinitely better than any of the shit GW's pumped out the past few years, lorewise. GW's opinion on what is/isn't canon these days means as much to me as a speck of flea shit.

>> No.72401065

>>72399534
Canon doesn't matter, especially when the people technically in charge of it are really incompetent at handling it (see Gathering Storm and everything after, or Fantasy's End Times). This passage is a good one though and it's true, perspective matters.

>> No.72401757 [SPOILER] 

Suddenly, your rogue trader receives a Vox message, from a long lost noble relative! It seems he's given you the deed to your an entire planetary system

The letter begins as thus:
Ruin has come to our family. You remember our venerable planet, opulent, and imperial. . .

What does your rogue trader do?

>> No.72401821

>>72401757
There are multiple rogue traders floating around the galaxy pulling Nigerian Prince advance-fee scams over via astropath. This rules.

>> No.72401904

>>72401039
I want the sonic pistols to be cannon, it's the only thing noise marines are missing in the TT game.

>> No.72403684

>>72401757
Start upgrading my Adeptus Mechanicus-approved Space Stagecoach network.

>> No.72405715

>>72401757
Contact the inquisition, clearly we gotta get some puritans to come in and clean things out.

>> No.72405775

>>72399534
> I'd like to think that an RPG book has quite a bit of canonical authority, but sadly I know that's not always the case.
"“Keep in mind Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 are worlds where half truths, lies, propaganda, politics, legends and myths exist. The absolute truth which is implied when you talk about “canonical background” will never be known because of this. Everything we know about these worlds is from the viewpoints of people in them which are as a result incomplete and even sometimes incorrect. The truth is mutable, debatable and lost as the victors write the history…

Here’s our standard line: Yes it’s all official, but remember that we’re reporting back from a time where stories aren’t always true, or at least 100% accurate. if it has the 40K logo on it, it exists in the 40K universe. Or it was a legend that may well have happened. Or a rumour that may or may not have any truth behind it.

Let’s put it another way: anything with a 40K logo on it is as official as any Codex… and at least as crammed full of rumours, distorted legends and half-truths."
Is the quote ADB likes to throw out when asked about 40k canon. There's been some similar sentiments too, like Abnett's recent 'customise your hobby' line.
Though ADB also said in another interview that he didn't know where the third party RPGs fit into the IP-producing equation above.

>> No.72407857

Anyone have a top down profile of an Arvus Lighter?

>> No.72408085

>>72407857
not my best, should run it through some filters to make it look less like a model but here

>> No.72408566

>>72405715
C'mon, let the radicals try! What could go wrong? Nothing, that's what!

>> No.72409930

>>72408566
Well clearly it's already full on heretical, even a radical could probably help straighten it out

>> No.72409961

Has anyone done any homebrew mutations for Black Crusade?

>> No.72410278

Looking to run a DH2 campaign, which of the published DH adventures are actually decent and worth looking at? Also how much of a pain is it to convert the DH1 stuff to DH2

>> No.72410329

>>72410278
Gear takes some fangling since some qualities exist and not between the two, though said qualities that don't exist from 1e to 2e are ones that appear in that splatbook and nowhere else.

>> No.72410425

>>72410278
Dark Pursuits, the module at the end of the CRB is a solid adventure for getting people into their roles as acolytes. I would run it with tweaks for your party and definitely tweak the final fight with the Daemonhost. I personally had the Daemonhost controlled by the big bad and used them to tag team my players since they could fight pretty well. They won with very little damage sustained after all that.

>> No.72410963

>>72410329
That doesn't sound too bad

>>72410425
Yeah I'm running dark pursuits atm for them. I know there's forgotten gods that you can run after, but was wondering if any of the DH1 adventures were worth looking at instead

>> No.72411060

Please talk to me about the Calixis Sector and your favorite lore from there or games you’ve played in it.

>> No.72411804

>>72411060
I like the Omega Vault https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Omega_Vault
I have yet to find an excuse to put it in a scenario, and what would it spew out of it.

>> No.72412667

>>72394302
If you can't find it in the trove or Da Archive, put in a request at the inner temple.
Do the work, retard.

>> No.72413507

>>72347008
No, in Storm of Iron the Iron Warriors deploy chaos titans from obliterator virus-infected tyranid bio ships

>> No.72413760

I would like to play Black Crusade some day

>> No.72413783

>>72413760
I'm just waiting on C7 to do a chaos book and I'm gonna jump in.

>> No.72413899

>>72413507
Also just remembered that they infected a tech priest with the virus too in that book

>> No.72414228

>>72394430
Its not so much as gatekeeping as you being incompetent

>> No.72414589

>>72394430
>>72414228
It kind of is, but with a purpose. Not getting shit shut down hard because anon can't follow breadcrumbs.

>> No.72415157

>>72409961

There's a tzaangor floating around but that's all I've seen.

>> No.72415211

>>72345581
>be black templar battle brother
>be on a crusade into Ocularis Terribus space
>bechillingwithbattlebros.jpg
>arrive at the heretics position on some shit hole demon world
>aparently this is Magnus the red's demon world
>make planet fall
>battle rages on
>Magnus the red decides to show up
>what in the name of the Emperor is happening?
>Magnus looks like pic related
>may the Emperor forgive me for I am about to commit some heresy

>> No.72415343

>>72409961
No, but WFRP 2e Tome of Corruption.

>> No.72415440

>>72345818
Not necessarily.

>> No.72415961

FYI, WanG is again at Inner Sanctum, looking at first few pages, they upped the game with art (not that it was such a problem from rather shity original).

I wonder if the changes will make the homebrew stuff done so fat, unusable.

>> No.72416661

What common ground is being used to make Wrath and Glory homebrew?

Seems like the easiest thing to do is just make new keywords, determine baselines, and then make archetypes bonuses/ race bonuses. Gear just seems to need comparison to what is already available.

>> No.72416741

>>72416661
how about you stop cheating and wait for official material to address the shortcomings since the game just came out?

>> No.72416743

How have you been finding WanG guys?

It seems weird to me that a corsair archetype gets 3 very rare items (5 if you consider every grenade separate), and 3 rare, being tier 1

While with advanced creation, you can't get that kind of gear even at tier 4
Am I missing something, or is advanced creations kinda crappy in comparison? Eldar should get some bonuses to getting some of their equipment. Not to mention spirit stones offer no ingame benefit, and are very rare. Every eldar should just have that, period.

>> No.72416830

>>72416741
>Why would you want to make something? Just wait for someone to make it for you, dummyhead.
This is your argument at its best.

>> No.72416873

>>72416830
Not the guy, but they have all the feedback they gathered and a team, while you're just you

Between the two, I imagine they're more likely to make balanced and needed changes. Of course, that won't necessarily happen

In the end, nobody will stop you from homebrewing, but yeah, it did just come out, and errata is on the way, and I, for one, wanna see what'll it cover.
It's not exactly a 100% finished product yet.

>> No.72416915

>>72416743
It has started growing on me more since I have been fiddling around with it.

Archetypes are hit or miss from what I have seen, with some being really good and others not worth the points unless you want to grab and go. The biggest difference I found was space marine scout and kommando, with the later just being a better overall character and scouts being pigeon holed.

I also agree that some of the gear needs to be overhauled.

>> No.72417042

>>72416915
I know that eldar weapons should be rare from the perspective of imperial characters

But for starting characters
Corsair armour is the same as flak, only light. Shuriken pistol isn't better, only slightly different, than bolt pistol. There is no reason to bar Eldar created from the ground up from getting their gear.
Spirit stones are the ones I absolutely don't understand.
First, because I don't know how or why you'd requisition one.And second, all Eldar should just have one by default, period.

Like, I tried making a couple of human characters, and it's all good. Just have some issues with the Eldar gear.

>> No.72417089

>>72416873
Not to burst your bubble, but I have more confidence in one guy working on it then the committee that needs an errata after their updated version a year into development. As it has shown here before, making the content and feedback from others on line has worked well, though not perfect.

Some of us paid for this game over a year ago and are tired of waiting on official developments you have to jump through hoops to get.

>> No.72417162

>>72417042
Eldar are just weak overall unless you are playing at a tier above what you want to play and ascend them. Of the about 30 characters I put together, I found ork and humans to be the best bang for your buck until you got to tier 4, where tactical space marines look like they would be the most versatile as a group.

Even with the stuff I am putting together for a blackstone fortress game, the only character we put together with a good coverage of skills was the ork kommando and he was still able to sneak and shoot almost as well as the skitarius and melee almost as well as the space marine scout.

>> No.72418407

>>72415211
Marines are impotent, so might as well kill it anyway.

>> No.72418536

>>72416743
I'm not sure if the Eldar items were caught in the errata but I would guess they were. Similar issue to the Inquisitor's wargear being only "uncommon" or worse - for what's supposed to be a Tier 4 character that is still a basic human.

>> No.72418948

Not that everyone doesn't already have all the pdfs they want, but anons might be interested that Deathwatch has been given the Humble Bundle treatment. You can get pretty much the entire line for less than £15/$20

>> No.72419361

PSA: Humble Bundle has a Deathwatch collection for sale for really cheap.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-40k-deathwatch-cubicle-7-books

>> No.72419490

>>72419361
Too bad no one ever plays Deathwatch ever

>> No.72419839

how would you anons make tank-based campaigns fun for Only War?

>> No.72419980

>>72419490
>no one ever plays Deathwatch ever
Are you sure we live in the same universe? It's the most popular rpg for 40k

>> No.72420002

>>72419839
Give lots of infantry to shoot/explode/run over with a few vehicles to deal with.

>> No.72420057

>>72419839
rip off The Beast of War (1988) & Fury (2014) for inspiration

>> No.72420079

>>72419361
or just yo ho ho them. The company that made them doesn't even have a rpg team anymore.

>> No.72420326

>>72419980
Apparently we don't, the only thing I've seen trail behind is Black Crusade

>> No.72420548

>>72419839
Take infantry squad, promote them to tank crew, give them tank crew manuals, stuff them inside cargo box and air drop them on aftermath of recent tank battle with the greenskins. The place is no longer a battlefield but still ripe with scavenging grots and occasional mek. Their first order of business is to salvage serviceable tank and return to the platoon, obviously not a single vehicle left there is fully operable, so they will have to compromise. They can even salvage parts and ammo from the other tanks but at the same time are on the clock because the place will be glassed by artillery at unspecified time the following day to deny leftover material to the enemy. Once they return they will be given some ramshackle repairs, maybe one night of good sleep, and used as a spearhead for resuming the campaign against the orks. Make them earn improvements on the vehicle, make them pay in damages for their mistakes. Keep ammo scarce (as far as supply chain is concerned, their are infantry platoon, so they won't be getting tank supplies) they need to make every shot count. Barter and salvage for more. Make it their home, make it feel truly theirs. Oh and make sure that at some point commissar rides with them into the fray.

>> No.72420589

>>72419980
WanGs destined to be the victor, simply because it'll be supported right now

>> No.72420937

I'm considering the Deathwatch bundle but I'm still on the fence. How would someone who enjoys it pitch the game?

>> No.72421071

>>72420937
Deathwatch is my favorite of the lines. But to get the most of it your group must be into marines, like really into them. The way my group describes it is like having an adventuring party made entirely of Paladins, but each one follows a different set of dogma or definition of morality and honor. The players should really know the ins and out of the chapter their playing. Inter-party relations are critical. We also play pretty fast and loose with rules and have ported over stuff from the later lines, but the rulebooks themselves have some of the most interesting lore. They really put a lot of work in explaining how a Deathwatch team could get involved in basically any type of normal adventure you can think of.

>> No.72423304

>>72415211
Stop polluting our very slow general.

>> No.72423334

>>72419839
Give everyone their own tank.
Make a completely new system for vehicular combat

>> No.72423940

What are everyone's favorite loose threads from the Dark Heresy sourcebooks? I'm currently running a game about the Echoing Vault from Radical's Handbook.

>> No.72424212

>>72423940
What do you mean by loose threads?

>> No.72424225

>>72424212
Mysteries that the book has no answer for!

>> No.72424544

Any recommendations for good Warhammer RP Discord servers?

>> No.72425344

>>72424544
Would like to know too, I need some gamin'

>> No.72425454

>>72425344
Quarantine loneliness is real shit.

>> No.72425591

What are some tips to remember when roleplaying a Thallax?

>> No.72425675

>>72425591
Beep boop, crush the squishies

>> No.72425742

>>72424544
>>72425344
I'm on board as well

>> No.72425914

>>72425591

Your existence is pain because the admech thinks it makes you sharper. Complete your mission and they turn you off for a bit so the pain stops. Win-win.

>> No.72426442

>>72425914
>Your existence is pain
Only in the existential sense, because they removed your ability to experience physical and emotional pain as part (knowing the AdMech, that last part) of the conversion process along with 90% of your body-mass and all your physical senses.

The conversion probably hurt like a bitch though. Don't think the AdMech bothers with little things like anesthesia.

>> No.72426851

>>72419839
My experience with OW and multiple vehicles has been it's all fun and games until someone has to roll for repairs. Then it's just games and "It's going to take how fucking long?!"

>> No.72426964

>>72426851
The techpriests, blessed as they are, cannot heal a gravely wounded leman russ in a day.

>> No.72427733

>>72426964

unless you have blessed autosimulacra, then it takes like an hour

>> No.72428806

>>72426964
Sure, whatever, garble some fluff out both ends. But if you take a vehicle squad into the field and have to repair them without a vehicle repair bay and all the tools, you better hope they never take more than half their structural integrity in damage. At minimum repair times are an hour per point repaired, halved for rush jobs, vehicle traits (possibly doubled instead), and/or talent(s). Chances are you have mission goals and don't want to shoot any sense of urgency dead, so having salvage/repair reinforcement squads waiting in the wings (with fresh tanks to zoom away in) isn't the worst idea.

>> No.72430342

Im looking to run a campaign with some D&D players from D&D campaign as an off game on roll 20.

I own a bunch of the older dark heresy books. Any tips/Suggestions?

>> No.72430590

>>72430342
Give them a D&D style array of pre-rolled stats to use, rather than making them roll down the line.

>> No.72430693

>>72381851

Nah, it was just because the Disorder side figured out the hidden campaign mechanics before anyone else.

>> No.72430776

Gonna run forgotten gods for DH2. Any tips on running it, or changes that I should make?

>> No.72431784

Does anyone know of any HQ VTT assets for 40k Ships?

>> No.72432746

>WanG
>Play whatever you want!
>Imperium gets 90% of the archetypes
>Orks can only play with other Orks because, obviously
>Eldar progression is retarded as fuck (either you are a corsair, a ranger, or a warlock, what the fuck are these options, where are the aspects or even a simple fucking guardian) so you have to homebrew
>The only real option is either Imperial Guard campaign (Which only war does much much better) or Marine campaign (Which the FFG games do much much better)
>Wait for the supplements :)
There are some good ideas here and there but holy fuck this have no planning into it
Atleast its much simpler

>> No.72432950

>>72432746
>Orks can only play with other Orks because, obviously
Use them as ogryn.

>> No.72432982

>>72432746
>Which the FFG games do much much better
Lol Deathwatch is fucking broken garbage dude.

>> No.72435118

>>72432982
>he fell for the "balence" meme
Point and laugh. Systemlets, when will they learn.

>> No.72435311

>>72417089
dude the genesys guy has gotten more work done in a year then they have its insane.

>> No.72435357

>>72432746
>What is a Core rulebook?

But to give a more serious answer
>Orks can only play with other Orks because, obviously

Nothing is stopping a Rogue Trader, desperate Militarum General or Radical Inquisitor from employing Blood Axes or Freebooterz. Blood Axes? HEY, one of the Archetypes is even a Kommando. Funny how that works out.

>Eldar progression is retarded as fuck (either you are a corsair, a ranger, or a warlock, what the fuck are these options, where are the aspects or even a simple fucking guardian) so you have to homebrew

Pretty much as with Orks. A Corsair can slot into a majority Imperium group potentially, a Guardian cannot. Rangers are the classic "Aeldari-hanging-out-with-humans" example. But hey, you can just make a Tier 1 Advanced Character Generation Aeldari for a simple Guardian.

There are enough Ork and Aeldari Archetypes that you can play a game (not even mentioning Advanced Character Generation), but they are not yet the focus. The Core rules could have never substantially covered 4 Factions in full. For now, the degree to which you can play Orks, Aeldari and Chaos is way beyond what was in any FFG/Black Industries Core book.

>The only real option is either Imperial Guard campaign (Which only war does much much better) or Marine campaign (Which the FFG games do much much better)
That's just retarded, bro. The book has plenty of examples of other 'Frameworks' as they call it. At the very least 'Ragtag bunch of misfits' is perfect setup for Rogue Trader and to a lesser degree, Radical Dark Heresy.

>> No.72437825

>>72432746
Remember when Dark Heresy came out, and all you could do was play as Inquisitorial Acolytes? Did you fucking mongs complain then?

>> No.72438071

>>72437825
People did complain.

>> No.72438257

>>72432746
what the fuck is wang

>> No.72438491

>>72438257
Wrath ANd Glory

>> No.72439308

>>72437825
I did.

>system was shit with just 5 minutes of inspection
>lore was EXTRA grimderp as fuck, even for 40k
>was hoping it was going to burn out in a month or two and be forgotten like it should've been
>instead is spawned several more games using the same dog shit system

>> No.72440341

>>72437825
>Did you fucking mongs complain then?
Even if it wasn't a mile wide by some measurements, BI/FFG made PC options more than an inch deep.

>> No.72440420

>>72439308
>system was shit with just 5 minutes of inspection
Is it really that bad? Is 2e any better?

>> No.72442229

New W&G doesn't seem to be in the trove, anyone know where to get it?

>> No.72442275

>>72442229
The PDF share threads Inner Temple has it currently, it expires in an hour though.

>> No.72442336

>>72442275
Just grabbed it, cheers!

>> No.72442788

>>72440420
Yes, and no. All variations of it are just wildly broken in all sorts of ways: Some shit is far too strong, some is far too weak, trap options are all over the place, everything has different stats in every fucking book, etc. The systems are a huge mess. Even WANG 1.0 in it's half edited and half finished state was more coherent and balanced.

Really the biggest crime here was GW let all of these DH games and derivitives be made with 0 quality control, and then the SAME DAMN THING happened with WANG 1.0.

>> No.72442817

So far Deathwatch is looking neat but it has this godawful tendency to leave you hopping all over the book. I think the moment that stands out to me the most his how on page 28, it tells you you're at the point where you need to roll your armor history, and points you to a table on page 168. I'm sure they had a good reason, but half the time it feels like I need two copies open with this much jumping around.

>> No.72444358

Anti-hombrew scrubs should be banned from this thread.

>> No.72444576

So champion npcs in wrath and glory can use withstand which puts them at 1 hp and survive no matter the attack which means a champion with 4 ruin can survive any attack the players throws at him 4 times in a row ( maybe more since he gains one ruin each round) not to mention he can spend ruin to act after every player. Seems kinda monstrous for any player to face or am i interpreting it wrong? Page 326 in revised w&g.

>> No.72444721

>>72444576
It's probably to keep them from getting trounced hard in a fight if the GM wasn't paying attention and gave the PC's plasma/melta/autocannons or whatever. Some weapons will nuke your ass flat out no matter how tough you are, so it's probably a mechanism to prevent that. Or to allow the foe to come back at a later date after an apparent death, because thats a popular trope in 40k, dudes surviving certain death over and over.

>> No.72444747

>>72444576
I'd have to double check, but I know you can't use most ruin actions more than one per turn. But yes, if you're willing to use all of your ruin keeping an NPC alive, that NPC will stay alive a while. Of course if your GM uses withstand 4 times in a row for no reason, he's being a cunt. On the final note, it'd just keep him alive a single extra turn, since all players will be attacking him to get that last damnable wound.

>> No.72445035

>>72444747
Yeah found on page 320 same ruin action cant be taken twice in the same round unless stated so only one withstand per round only one extra attack or move after player per round etc.

>> No.72445097

>>72367934
make the party the guys detailed to hunt down a weakened leader type that has that can cover an extra large area at expense. They are set behind the chaotic front with another element that dies in route and have to get after the Brain bug .

>> No.72445519

>>72435118
It's not a balance issue, the issue is it's an overcomplicated mess. Characters start with as many talents, traits and other special rules as you'd expect on an end-game character in another RPG. Get a few ranks in and it's a fucking nightmare.

All in service of making it "compatible" with Dark Heresy, which it fails at utterly. Good job FFG.

>> No.72445602

>>72444747
You can only use the personal ruin on the champion npc to activate it's ruin actions or can you use all of gms ruin on those?

>> No.72445680

Working on a vehicle splat for my Dark Heresy Genesys hack at the moment, trying to figure out what air vehicles to add.

Current list I'm working with;
>Aquila Lander
>Arvus Lighter
>Chiropteran Scout
>Corvus Blackstar
>Fury Interceptor
>Guncutter
>Halo Barge
>Lightning Strike Fighter
>Thunderbolt Heavy Fighter
>Thunderhawk
>Marauder Bomber
>Thunderhawk
>Valkyrie Assault Carrier

I'm intentionally not covering proper starships, they'll be a separate book. And I don't want an exhaustive list of every vehicle variant in the Imperial Navy either, goal is more to provide a nice snapshot of the variety of vehicles available.

I'd especially like to include a decent selection of civillian/industrial vehicles as they're much more likely to be relevant in a DH campaign, but I think I've got pretty much everything in that department.

Any suggestions you'd like to see added?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action