Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.47917802 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Why do girls like Tyranids?

>> No.47917975

>>47917802
Magical realms.

>> No.47917983

They're weird dinosaur bug things and cool to paint.

>> No.47918003

The only not heaps sexist to women, or faction that sexualises them to the point where all they are is big titties.

>> No.47918007

>>47917802

Giant penis cannons that ejaculate death.

All the girls these days want to get BUGGED.

How can guardsmen even compete?

>> No.47918021

Girls love I dunno "Beast races" its either that or eldar something about hivemind I guess

>> No.47918057

>>47918007

I got it


We cover ourselves in tyranid guts then the girls will be all over us

>> No.47918092

>>47918003
>necrons
>titties

>> No.47918156

>>47918003

Literally what faction in 40k does this? Okay yeah Dark Eldar

>> No.47918277

Funnily enough in my city the prominent girl player (ie not playing because of boyfriend but actually enjoys the hobby) plays orks. Full painted army, great kitbashes and conversions, and makes orky smack talk. She is a solid 7.5/10 as well. She may as well be a goddamn unicorn.
...and she's married.

>> No.47918332

>>47918277


and next your going to tell us she bring freshly baked cookies to every game night.

>> No.47918403

>>47917802
Girls like animals and nature, and while tyranids are weird bug things, they are the closest fit. The also are one of the few factions that aren't trying to be all macho with a bunch of military hardware and stuff from 80s metal album covers.

>> No.47918409

>>47917802
Because everyone loves Tyranids.

>> No.47918431

>>47918409

Whats the deal with tyrainid biomass?

>> No.47918455

Just look at this cuddly fellow.

>> No.47920038

Females don't comprehend the idea of role-playing, so they choose the army that resembles them the most.

>> No.47920276

>>47917802
Because the girls that play 40k are not normal girls.

>> No.47920484

>>47917802
They're literally cooties.

>> No.47920529

>>47917802
Well, think about it.
Most of the armies are All Dudes. Of the ones that aren't All Dudes, you've got Fetish Nuns (who basically don't exist nowadays, unfortunately), BDSM Elves, Elf Dudes With Some Girls, Robot Skeletons, and Alien Dinobugs
Of these, the Alien Dinobugs get the most weird variety of stuff they can have.
Also, they're cute.

>> No.47920553

>>47918057
Catachan Steve

You're a fucking genius

>> No.47920654

>>47918277
She isn't playing because of her bf?
What does her husband say about this matter?

>> No.47920693

>>47920529
Without evidence to the contrary I maintain my Skitarii are fifty fifty male/female. The Magos is also female.

though in reality they're probably all ERROR NULL VARIABLE

>> No.47921086

>>47918057
>>47920553
What do Catachans use as prophylactics?

Their personalities.

Or, failing that, their body odor.

>> No.47921127

>>47918003
>Buy Space Marines
>Either use all helmets or throw a few female heads in
>Play them as SoB
What's the problem?

>> No.47921192

>>47921127
FEMALE SPACE MARINES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.47921229

>>47918003

>> No.47921234

Tyranids, like hive insects, are almost 99% female.

The reason they're so popular with women is that they can identify with the horrible mindless plague of death and consumption on some instinctual level.

>> No.47921245

>>47920038
underrated post

>> No.47921340

>>47921192
Except they wouldn't be female Space Marines, they'd be Sisters of Battle in non-gender-specific armor.

>> No.47921870

>>47921086
Against what?

>> No.47922230

>>47918156
I hate the whole "muh representation" thing as much as anyone, but it IS a little bit embarassing that females in 40k are more or less limited to villain factions or nun/frilly dress lady caricatures.

Like we can't get a female guardsman, but we can have two separate units themed around scantily clad women and physical punishment, okay.

I can understand anyone who looks at the miniature lines and draws the conclusion that women in 40k are mainly things you shoot at with bolters.

I mean the HERO FACTION has NO WOMEN and the WOMAN FACTION has kitchy bdsm pinup units and their contribution to the lore include such highlights as "we got slaughtered by necrons" and "we got sacrificed by Daemonhunters"

>> No.47922280

>>47921234
>Tyranids, like hive insects, are almost 99% female.
Not completely true, in the older fluff where similar things were addressed, hive tyrants at the head of the fleet were hermaphrodites, hormagaunts had both males and females and even now the genestealers have a sense of patriarchy more than matriarchy to them.

>> No.47922324

>>47921340
Space Marine Power Armour is different than 'Human' Power Armour.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

On a serious note, is there really no fluff on female Guardsmen?

>> No.47922326

>>47921245
I think you mean retarded post.

>> No.47922330

>>47921234
>>47917975
>>47917983
>>47918003

It's the only faction you can collect and paint without having to worry about getting confronted by sweaty neckbeards who want to talk faction lore and tell you you put the wrong unit markings on your dudes.

If a female friend told me she wanted to start collecting space marines and play at the flg I'd tackle her before she could press the order confirmation button.

>> No.47922332

>>47922230

Are you a fucking idiot?
All armies in the 40k universe are mixed gender, notable exception is the Space Marines since they're all functional clones and the Sisters of Battle that are all space nuns.

You are literally just complaining about not enough tit-plates since you have to be able to distinguish a female soldier over a male one to understand she's there.

And the HERO faction being what? The 40k universe main characteristic is that there is no "good guys" yet you are bitching about women being evil? Because equality is sexists I guess.

You are inventing issues from ignorance and then getting outraged at them, fuck off.

>> No.47922338

>>47922230
>space marines are the unilateral and only heroes
>sisters of battle are the only faction that represents women as a whole in 40k
What are eldar?
What are newcrons?
What are the inquisitors?
What is the mechanicus?
What are the sisters of silence?
What are the imperial knights?
What is the imperial guard?
What is cherry-picking?

>> No.47922353

>>47917802
Because they are cute

>> No.47922355

>>47922324
>On a serious note, is there really no fluff on female Guardsmen?
No, usually people treat both genders equally and aren't arsed to indicated the percentage of females in a regiment.
Nothing indicates females can't be part of any imperial organization bar the astartes.

>> No.47922356

>>47922338
>Looking at actual miniatures
>Cherry picking.

"Lol there doesn't have to be female guardsmen minis for there to be female guardsmen, you're making a fuss out of nothing"

But they totally had to devote studio hours to sisters repentia because the game wouldn't be the same without them, right?

I'm on your fucking side, I'm just saying that GW has made zero fucking effort to not look insane in this particular way, and I understand people who are put off by it.

>> No.47922358

>>47922330
>you put the wrong unit markings on your dudes.
Is that a thing? Don't they understand their whole setting?
The whole setting is so fuckhuge that you literally can't go wrong with your paintings, because some Space Marine chapter in the galaxy is bound to deviate from orthodox unit markings.
Fucking shitcocks, like half of the Space Marine chapters don't even give a fuck about the Codex Astartes anyway.

>> No.47922378

>>47922330
How is that even remotely related to the association with army and sex?

>> No.47922384

>>47922356

>Lol there doesn't have to be female guardsmen minis for there to be female guardsmen

Point out to me where the fucking viable penis is on this miniature please.
Since apparently you can tell what a male guardsman look like.

These motherfuckers gender is undeterminable, there are no "male" or "female" guards models, there are just models that are wearing too much gear for you to see and gender only characteristics.

>> No.47922388

>>47922358
yep, you're right

and yet a GW cashier still might tell you that you can't play at their shop because you didn't use canon paints

>> No.47922395

>>47922338
>what are eldar
Things that get shot at by space marines, like I said, enemy factions.
>What are newcrons
With... women? There are newcron women named characters?
>What are the inquisition
Like I said, frilly dress baroque strumpet parodies, show me a female inquisition model that isn't playing up the lol feeeeemaaaaaale aspect for borderline comic effect.
>What is the mechanicus
Again, show me the female mechanicus minis
>What are the sisters of silence
Loreshit that nobody cares about on the table doesn't count.
>What are the imperial knights
Again, no fucking female miniatures for those either.
>What are the imperial guard
Not a single female miniature despite being the biggest armed forces of humanity.
>What is cherry-picking.
You tell me, because you seem to have a weirdass definition for it.

>> No.47922402

>>47922338
>What are eldar?
They are nothing but filthy Xenos
>What are newcrons?
They are termnator inspire skeleton robots.
>What are the inquisitors?
A bunch of old people with a lot of mechanical parts that execute everyone based on random info
>What is the mechanicus?
A miserable little pile of bionics
>What are the sisters of silence?
Who? They are no longer canon.
>What are the imperial knights?
Mechs piloted by pilots.
>What is the imperial guard?
Endless supply of men sent to die.
>What is cherry-picking?
It is a primal need to the human ind organize things in easy to distinguishable groups based on a single trait.

>> No.47922416

>>47922388
...The fuck?
On the other hand, this makes me joyous that I haven't spent my money on miniatures, but on the other hand, it makes me pissed because of the sheer fucking stupidity of it, and because I enjoy the setting, the video games and the RPGs.

>> No.47922424

>>47922332
>All armies in the 40k universe are mixed gender
Not IG - the mixed regiments are described as being unicorn.
Not Necrons, Orks or Tyranids due to obvious reasons.
And together with SM and CSM that covers more than half of all armies

>> No.47922425

>>47922395
>Like I said, frilly dress baroque strumpet parodies, show me a female inquisition model that isn't playing up the lol feeeeemaaaaaale aspect for borderline comic effect.

>> No.47922432

>>47922384
Oh fuck off, you don't even believe that. Even if we ignore the glaring lack of any named female IG character model, it's not rocket science to see the difference between men and women even if they're in armour, and GW is NOT exactly famous for going with practical, gender neutral armour.

Like okay, there are female guardsmen models and they're the only ones in the game with no outward female characteristics.

Even the fucking TAU female character has a giant-ass ponytail to make her distinguishable as girlier than the other tau.

>> No.47922446

>>47922356
>GW has made zero fucking effort to not look insane in this particular way
It's not being insane, it's called having tongue in cheek fun m8.

Making bondage space nuns is not so different of a process than deciding to make a faction of Rambo-look alike, or space bugs with penis cannons.

How different are the repentia from a random servitor? They are both punish me and degradation of the human body after all.

Making different bits for guardswoman would reduce the kitbashing possibilities and appeal to an irrelevant customers' demand for the molds and conceptual investments.

Equal representation must not be forced, nor means the same ratio of tits and balls.

>> No.47922451

>>47922416
GW staff are known for having a stick up their ass
granted, a lot of that is out of their power if they want to keep their job, so you mostly have their business practices to blame, but yeah

>> No.47922455

>>47922424

Cadian is mixed, most armies can't afford to be exclusive, its rarer for an army to not be mixed since that is a tactically nonviable choice.

SM being men makes 100% and you would have to assassinate the lore completely to fuck that up.
Chaos is chaos, for all we know they probably have sixty different types genitalia as gifted by the gods.

>> No.47922469

>>47922446
I totally agree with you.

I'm just saying that I understand people who look at it and get put off, because zero effort have been made to have the "lol tongue in cheek m8" stuff go both ways.

You don't have to be some woman studies fag to say that yeah, it's all a kind of juvenile, tongue in cheek, male power fantasy.

And that's okay.

But here we are, with half a thread trying to be gw apologists and pretending like that's not at all what it is, like this genious:
>>47922338

>> No.47922473

>>47922432

>TAU female character has a giant-ass ponytail to make her distinguishable as girlier than the other tau

No, fucking one tau has a giant ponytail and she's a character.
Fire warriors are all warriors, that has always been the case.

>> No.47922475

>>47922388
>and yet a GW cashier still might tell you that you can't play at their shop because you didn't use canon paints

On the list of things that never happened, this. If it did, I guarantee 100% that the real reason they wanted to kick you out was that you smelled funny.

>> No.47922489

>>47922402
>>What are the sisters of silence?
>Who? They are no longer canon.

Fuck you. That is all.

>> No.47922491

>>47922395
>Again, show me the female mechanicus minis

>inb4 they don't have boobs
>inb4 when it is feeeeemaaaaaale it doesn't count

>> No.47922498

>>47922473
Oh fuck off, you can't be so blind that you didn't notice that Shadowsun looks like a fucking shampoo commercial compared to the rest of the characters.

I was just saying that it's disingenuous and silly as fuck to say that "there are female guardsmen miniatures, they just don't look female", when literally every female model in the game has a giant flashing neon sign that says she's female.

I mean look at her. "Oh, well, she's wearing a mecha suit, we better include an alternative head with the biggest fucking ponytail ever"

>> No.47922511

>>47922491
But seriously every female miniature in the game is comically female. Don't try to pretend like GW just suddenly decided that AdMech and IG have gender-neutral armour (and are all the same height and build) when every other fucking female mini in the game that's not in a giant mech suit has boob plate.

>> No.47922512

>>47922469
Kek

>> No.47922517

>>47922425
God, that power armor design was so good.

>> No.47922521

>>47922469
>male power fantasy.

Are kicking ass and being sexy not also female power fantasies? This is one of those phrases that gets thrown around a lot but I don't think anyone respects what it actually means.

>> No.47922528

>>47922425
>boob armor REEEEEE

>> No.47922531

>>47922330
>If a female friend told me she wanted to start collecting space marines and play at the flg I'd tackle her before she could press the order confirmation button.

Let's be honest here, you're just looking for an excuse to molest her. It couldn't have any less to do with her choice of army.

>> No.47922540

>>47922517

You should just go play WHFB Empire then they have tons of-

WHOOPS TOO LATE

>> No.47922549

>>47922521
>Are kicking ass and being sexy not also female power fantasies?
>kicking ass

no, not really

>being sexy
yeah sure

>> No.47922594

>>47917802
I-I'm a boy and I like Tyranids...

>> No.47922597

>>47922549
>>Are kicking ass and being sexy not also female power fantasies?
>>kicking ass
>no, not really
>>being sexy
>yeah sure

And we've come full circle to the fundamental problem. Fa/tg/uys don't know much about women.

>> No.47922598

>>47922511
Okay? So, you don't like the aestitic of 40k, but you want to whine about it? Play a different game that caters to how you want females.

>> No.47922611

>>47922455
>Cadian is mixed
No. They have male and female regiments.
> a tactically nonviable choice
wat

>> No.47922638

>>47922597
>B

>> No.47922641

>>47922611

Not him but if you're going to talk about shit like this you should at least know the basics like the fact that mixed sex military have far lower performance and much higher risks. It's a scientifically proven fact. The presence of women hinders performance, endangers males who instinctively protect the females, and puts the females at risk for rape in an already rape-prone setting like the military.

>> No.47922645

>>47922597
>B

>> No.47922651

>>47922597
Don't know why, but 4chan ate my post. I'm a fag, and I have a kek when I hear guys screaming about equal representation. I've seen 2 fluff bits on gay 40k dudes. But, do I want everyone to be gay? Fuck no, because I like the setting how it is. Why not go find media where you're represented, or make your own?

>> No.47922664

>>47922594
Same here

>> No.47922693

>>47922511
>comically female
>boobarmor, less exaggerated musculature, softer face

What the fuck do you even want?

>> No.47922723

>>47921234

>> No.47922759

>>47922693
To whine about gender equality.

>> No.47922794

>>47922230

>Like we can't get a female guardsman, but we can have two separate units themed around scantily clad women and physical punishment, okay.

That is honestly probably because GW is wary of how they would sell. It's simply safer to produce male Guardsmen. (Which they honestly haven't gotten around to in years besides the Scions.) They may be on to something to since I think Sisters didn't perform as well for reasons besides their models being bad and metal, all armies have had piss poor looking models made of metal.

>>I mean the HERO FACTION has NO WOMEN and the WOMAN FACTION has kitchy bdsm pinup units and their contribution to the lore include such highlights as "we got slaughtered by necrons" and "we got sacrificed by Daemonhunters"

It's really unfair to act like those are two defining aspects of the Sisters. At most I'll give you that former is a sizable event but the latter was a justified piece of lore which got blown out of proportion because /tg/ hated Ward and would grab any scrap of ammo to use against him regardless if it matched up to the facts.

>>47922469

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if what you say isn't the truth to some extent.

Rick Priestley's Beyond the Gates of Antares recently got a model which is akin to the old Vect one with the slave girls. I think the only difference may be that one or both are altered humans/aliens.

>>47922498

Pretty sure both Tau sexes can have the top knot because it's an "Asian" thing.

>> No.47922803

>>47922641
The Israel Defense Force would like a word.

>A study of women in the IDF from 2002 to 2005 found that women often exhibit "superior skills" in discipline, motivation and marksmanship.

Come to think of it, having better discipline, motivation and marksmanship pretty much describes all of the ways that the Sisters of Battle outclass regular Imperial Guard. Could GW have been on the money all along?

>> No.47922805

>>47917802
Tyranid horse-cock cannons.

>> No.47922840

>>47920038
It's funny you say that because the majority of online RPers are female, and not in a G.I.R.L way so much as a "holy shit will some dudes please join so it's less of a circlequeef" way. It's actually kind of amusing honestly, some sites are so desperate for more dudes (IC and OOC) that they have gender quotas.

Tabletop is vastly different, both in terms of actual roleplaying and the kind of people who are heavily into it.

>> No.47922897

>>47922424

IG, Necrons and Tyranids ARE mixed gender.

>> No.47923118

>>47922803
>A study of women in the IDF from 2002 to 2005 found that women often exhibit "superior skills" in discipline, motivation and marksmanship.
How did they come to this conclusion?

>> No.47923201

>Guardsmen are mixed gender!

Yeah, but not on the tabletop. I don't think there is a single female IG model. Certainly no prominent characters. This probably isn't SEXISM OH NO though, it's just GW being too lazy to make new things.

Girls play Tyranids and Deldar often because they're the only feasible armies that aren't 100% testosterone. Or because they're goths and like goth stuff. Saying "yeah, well, in fluff there are mixed IG regiments" does little to mitigate the fact that there are zero female guard models.

>> No.47923225

>>47917802
Because tentacles are romantic.

>> No.47923236

>>47918455
>tyranids will never come in any other forms than "6 limbs" and "snake"

Why, GW? Why can't we have armoured slugs?

>> No.47923255

>>47922424
>the mixed regiments are described as being unicorn

Where?

>> No.47923266

>>47922473
Fan art does not count.

>> No.47923465

>>47922332
You're pretty retarder since you don't understand that people judge an army by the MODEL first
There are NO females represented in the model line. Oh sure you could convert but you might as well say furries are represented in the model line since Busty anon came back with his Rough Riders

>> No.47923518

>>47922338
Like it or not son, The Imperium is the PC faction
Eldar and npc races don't draw
So for the Imperium we have:
5 armies explicitly all male
1 army with no female minis and last I checked having only male named characters in the Codex
1 army with explicitly female mini
One army on Last Chance
You're really buttflusterred over being proven wrong, aren't you?

>> No.47923530

>>47922384
You are a very special kind of autistic if you can't tell males from females without seeing sex organs

>> No.47923538

They have penis cannons that ejaculate tentacle rape

They have both infantry and heavy weapon versions of this

>> No.47923543

>>47922425
Neither miniature nor cannon
We're talking about 40k the game, not DoW the expanded universe

>> No.47923573

>>47922330
>It's the only faction you can collect and paint without having to worry about getting confronted by sweaty neckbeards who want to talk faction lore and tell you you put the wrong unit markings on your dudes.
Things that never happened, let alone to girls.

>> No.47923593

>>47922521
I don't think a lot of female power fantasies revolve around being rescued or killed by incredibly gay space knights that make The Rock look like a little bitch.

>> No.47923607

>>47922330
Not true! Orks are fairly common among female players as well.

>> No.47923634

>>47922549
Wrong.

A lot of the urban fantasy genre novels are about women kicking ass, taking names, and hooking up with powerful men, and have been for 10+ years now.

>> No.47923637

>>47917802
They want to be pinned and fucked stupid by them.

This has been confirmed multiple times.

>> No.47923687

>>47923518
>5 imperial armies explicitly all male
Aside from the SM that's true for none of them.
There's no statement that all guardsmen or mechanicus troops are dudes, neither for the knights or the inquisition forces that are not SM.

>> No.47923780

>>47922432
Taufag here
Most of our non helmet wearing firecaste have ponytails, also literally the entire caste are warriors, male and female, bad example MATO

>> No.47923804

>>47922759
/thread

>> No.47923834

>>47922324

In Ciaphas Cain novels that all female regiments exist, however mixed regiments are a rarity.

>> No.47923869

>>47922651

>But, do I want everyone to be gay?

Grimdark on a whole is like one huge gay space fantasy dude, specially the Astartes.

>> No.47923889

>>47923573
I've seen the wrong unit marking thing happen.

Not to girls, though, because neckbeards can barely talk around them.

>> No.47923930

>>47923869
Come to think of it, I think I've only seen one. I think it's the first Spirit Seer, the Eldar Book says he could hear his lover through his soulstone.

>> No.47924017

>>47922353
>eats anything
including your mother in law

>> No.47924027

>>47922330
So you're just as bad. I'd let her play whatever she wants.

>> No.47924067

>>47923889

You have two types of neckbeards, while most of them are shy, there exist the socially retarded kind who like a little kid will treat the object of his desire with aggression.

>> No.47924315

>>47922230

>Things that get shot at by space marines, like I said, enemy factions.
>Again, no fucking female miniatures for those either.

What the fuck how would you even make a female knight? Also if your just counting the table top game why not the pen & paper RPGs?

>> No.47924342

>>47922759

but 40k is the most diverse scifi setting.

That fagot who was whinging about table top models can fuck himself.

>> No.47924404

>>47923236
The low point of nids was 3e, when they all looked the same AND stupid (only the warriors from that era are good). Now they look better, but still all look the same. Don't give me the "but the slugs are bad" shit. The models are bad, because they are Epic scale from 1990. The Armorcast one is literally just the Epic one blown up to 28mm scale.

Bring back slugs.

>> No.47925007

>>47924315
>What the fuck how would you even make a female knight?

There are pilot models anon.

And hey, I'm not the one who brought up knights in the first place, I just pointed out that they're a weird thing to bring up when giving examples of female minis.

>>47923780
>>47922794
But the female character is the only one with the fucking ginormous, anime-size pony tail.

>>47923687
Nobody cares about the lore, we're talking about what you can put on the gaming table.

>> No.47925260

This debate never goes anywhere.

Also, the recent naming trend from GW is pretty ridiculous. "Mutalith", really ?
Meh, I suppose Chaos Spawn couldn't be trademarked.

>>47923543
See number 4.
Also, most inquisitors are FAAAAAABULOUS and over the top (like a good chunk of 40k). We got a male inquisitor with a fur coat, breast armor, bling medallion bigger than his hand, naked arms and force bracelets.

>>47923201
Tehcnucaly, there are Esher minis, and the Eshers regiments are drafted in the 3rd ed codex (and they appeared in WD).
IIRC there was a couple other conversions in old WDs, a standard bearer and a weapon crew.
Also there is one IG girl mini in the last chancers.

>> No.47925335

>>47922597
Women can kick ass, Anon.

>> No.47925375

>>47923255
Nowhere, because in 40k even baseline humans are Men of Stone ie genetically modified to be tougher than current day humans.

So the whole "women can't fight" thing is more or less resolved.

Men AND women of the guard are both equally cannon fodder for the horrors of the universe.

>> No.47925433

>>47924017
SOLD

>> No.47925464

Craftworlders are completely gender equal, but nobody cares.

>>47925335
>sexless mineral beings
>women

>> No.47925469

>>47917802
Babies and periods and feelings and such.

>> No.47925517

>>47922355
>>47922324
the vostroyan first borns have some females
but they count as males like the sworn virgins in albania

>> No.47925648

>>47923573
>no way autistic assholes would ever play in MY 40k!

>> No.47925754

>>47922425
I want her as a miniature SO much!

>> No.47925793

>>47922280
>hormagaunts had both males and females
Not since 3rd edition, closest we have had is that they lay eggs in the ground, no mention of males

>> No.47925828

>>47925464
>completely gender equal

Iybraesil's only known fluff is that it's matriarchal.

>> No.47925862

>>47922594
>>47922664
I also like the tyranids as a fellow beer chugging penis bro. The old ball and chain eh lads?!

>> No.47925896

>>47923530

At least some good sense

>> No.47926171

>>47922803

That could arguably be due to training. All or almost all Sisters come from the Schola Progenium, the same place that pumps out Scions and Commissars.

>>47923201

As another Anon pointed out there are a handful of older female models and those that appear in BL books. It's not so much GW being lazy as the introduction of female models could be misstep saleswise. Who knows though, maybe the next time they crack out a troop or infantry kit for Guard there will be some female heads.

>>47925007

Because she is a character and one of two Tau characters that people really give a damn about.

Could also just be what the sculptor wanted, this Tau has a pretty big top knot.

>> No.47926186

>>47922840
What kind of sites are you talking about?

>> No.47926369

>>47925375
>even baseline humans are Men of Stone
According visions of heresy terrans are not, the Emperor made them less prone to mutation after the unification.
Likewise worlds where the entire population underwent genetical modification in the DAoT, like Fenris are at best derviatives from the Men of Stone.
That is if you believe the Men of Stone were even biological humans and not human made AI, compared to the AI made AI that were the Men of Iron in that case.

There's not enough lore to pinpoint anything.

>> No.47926498

>>47920693
They are Skitarii, I am sure their gender is "Mechanicus".

>> No.47926557

>>47926498

Pretty much, I imagine at one point they may have had a sex, but they're at the point now where it's an irrelevant fact.

>> No.47926609

>>47917802
What's not to love?

>> No.47926621

>>47926557
We know from the novels that female tech priestesses exist and still love the D.

Cain taught us that.

>> No.47926687

>>47918156
Dark Eldar do it to both men and women equally, very few units in their codex are single sex. Mandrakes are nominally male as far as I can tell, aside from that the only male units are Wracks and Beastmasters, the only all female unit is the Hekatrix Bloodbrides squad.

>> No.47926733

>Most mechanicus shit
Developed to the point that gender is irrelevant
>IG
Mixed gender regiments exist, as do all female regiments
>Necrons
Gender neutral
>Tyranids
Gender neutral
>Orks
Literally fungi, gender neutral
>Daemons
Pure emotion made manifest, some have feminine designs but that's because they're meant to be sexualised, that's the emotion they represent. Though, saying that, there's no reason why you couldn't have a sexualised male daemonette
>SOB
All female, muh lore
>SM
All male, muh lore

Stop crying.

>> No.47926946

>>47926498
>>47926621

It's true, perhaps for some more than others

>> No.47927190

>>47923266
>>47922473
>>47922432

The pilot sprue for the Ghostkeel comes with two heads, male (I) and female (Y). Aside from the forehead slit they are identical.

>> No.47927246

>>47926733
>Necrons
All ICs on the tabletop are male
>Orks
Undeniably masculine, refer to themselves as boys for fuck's sake

>> No.47927287

>>47927246
Aren't they supposed to be a WHOLE XENOS CIVILIZATION ? I mean i'm pretty sure there is some female in the lot, but the point in necrons is they are soulless killing machines looking like the others. Giving womanly features to a combat robot is a bit dumb IMO

>> No.47927288

>>47926733
I don't get how you claim Tyranids are gender neutral (despite many being able to bear life and being permanently pregnant, being referred to with female pronouns in some cases, etc.) but also so with Orks (who use male pronouns and have a very masculine appearance)

>> No.47927296

>>47917802
Because what other race has creatures that give birth to explosive offspring and then flings them at people?

>> No.47927307

>>47922384
>ARE YOU A MAN OR A WOMAN
>DROP YOUR FUCKING PANTS SO I CAN CONFIRM

>> No.47927318

>>47922424
>separate regiments still means the army is mixed you dipshit

>> No.47927324

>>47917802
Girls don't like 40k, so they don't like Tyranids either.

>> No.47927341

>>47922230
You clearly have never actually looked into 40k for more than a couple of seconds, you just peered in long enough to think you had a right to bitch.

>> No.47927342

>>47922395
would you mind telling me how a fuckhoge robot has a gender ?
does it have to have tit plates ?
also there is a single female miniature

>> No.47927429

>>47926621

Cain also plays really loose with the lore, though I wouldn't be surprised if the lower ranking Magos still have human feelings.

>>47926687

Wrack may only appear male after getting so pumped full of drugs.

>>47927287

FW did create a female Necron and she is the head of her dynasty. Don't know if her appearance was described as being any different.

There are probably also females among the Warriors, not that it matters.

>> No.47927437

>>47917802
They're cute.
That's why I like them too.

>> No.47927446

>>47927429
>FW did create a female Necron and she is the head of her dynasty
Vampire counts much ? Or was it the tomb kings ?
As you said, it doesn't matter much. They are deadly space robots, not sexualized objects

>> No.47927469

>>47922332
>tfw no qt female Guard army

>> No.47927471

>>47927446

Tomb Kings, though honestly I don't mind since Tomb Kings were one of the best things GW came up with.

>> No.47927493

>>47927288
If you look at the ant similarities then yes, the vast majority of the Tyranid horde is male with females only in the leadership roles. But would you really want to be represented by a endless number in an unstoppable swarm? They're insects.

And Orks are based off of football hooligans, which are mostly male. There used to be old models of female orks but they looked expectedly dreadful.

>> No.47927500

>>47927471
Yea true, them being the "Nagash first try at necromancy" was pretty good in lore
Also their units are pretty good looking.
It's a shame 40k kinda lost the "different origins look" because of the grimdark.

>> No.47927590

>>47927500

Yeah, the Nagash stuff wasn't bad and I thought their overall aesthetics and such were nice. If anything the Necrons kind of pale because their aesthetics aren't really similar. Might also find the whole mummy, souls bound to skeletons, and souls placed within constructs thing more interesting.

Might actually like them more if they took inspiration from Blanche.

>> No.47927684

>tfw you ordered your wife a ratling cannon from Z
>tfw if its of good quality she wants like tons of other Skyre shit

>> No.47927705

>>47922332
>space marines are clones
i...huh...what?? space marines are just normal dudes who go through a rigorous process then get modified into supermen. how are they clones at all?

>> No.47927722

>>47926733
>>Orks
>Literally fungi, gender neutral

Complete the following
I WANNA GET STUCK IN WITH THE _______

>> No.47927746

>>47927705
>how are they clones at all?

I'll take geneseed for 200 Alex

>> No.47927771

>>47927746
you are aware of what a clone is right? if i get my brother heart in a transplant, it dosent turn me into him

>> No.47927895

>>47927684
Just asked the wife why she liked Skaven anyway:

>Well theyre cute and pretty under handed
>Theyre also prone to lying and backstabbing their own friends to get ahead
>Its basically high school for girls Anon.

>> No.47927924

>>47927771
yeah and the person that >>47927705
replied to didn't say they're clones but that they're FUNCTIONAL clones. which due to the warping of their features due to geneseed comes pretty close to describing them.

>> No.47927954

>>47927771
If you give your brother a transplant, you haven't fundamentally changed his DNA to make him a completely different species.

>> No.47927979

>>47927924

I'd say they're actually more like siblings, though perhaps more than natural siblings actually are.

>> No.47928069

>>47927493
I'm confused. You cite ants, which are a race almost entirely comprised of nonbreeding females, to denote how not-very-female they are. Explain?

>> No.47928198

>>47927287
Give half of 'em childbearing hips, then.

>> No.47928228

>>47928198
http://i.imgur.com/nWmB5Rt.png

>> No.47928235

>>47917802
In my case, I like the disgusting aspect of the entire thing and the insectoid look is more interesting to paint than human looking things.

Tbf I paint and collect more than I play. Plus my army is just a massive swarm and I always seem to loose.

>> No.47928329 [DELETED] 

>>47928198

imgur.com/nWmB5Rt.png

>> No.47928569

>>47921127
I did that once.
>"What are you fielding, Deathwatch? With blonde hair?"
>Nah, I can't get any Sisters of Battle, they're either out of stock or a million bucks in pewter. So it's Space Marine bodies armed with flamers, meltas, and female heads. Counts-as sisters. All GW except for the heads. Those I got in a kickstarter."
>"Huh. Why didn't you say something? I'll sell you my unpainted sisters."
>I didn't know anyone had any!

>> No.47928758

>>47928569

On slightly unrelated note, my friend has 2000 points of untouched SoB in their original boxes. That is a fine looking treasure from the past let me tell you.

>> No.47928771

>> No.47929146

>>47917802
Horse dick cannons

>> No.47929171 [SPOILER] 

>>47918409

>> No.47929496

>>47917802
Horrible acid alien pheromones >>>>>> testosterone

>> No.47929607

I like tyranids because they're horrible fleshbeasts that consume the enemy to gain more power. Demons are kinda cool too I guess.
Space marines are boring. They're just dudes in power armor with guns. That's been done to death. Then there's all the other races that are just 'slightly different humanoids with guns'.

>> No.47929710

>>47927722
GITZ!

>> No.47929719

>>47926171
All they need to do is bring out some multi-purpose heads. Pretty sure all the heads are readily swappable. Make some for human and for Eldar, maybe even some for Tau too. Needn't only be women's heads either. Sell a big head/accessory sprue with all sorts of different faces.

>> No.47929757

>>47917802
Soulless monsters that suck out everything they can still it's dead.

Fits the description for both.

>> No.47929884

>>47920484
Underrated post

>> No.47929887

>>47928228
I laughed way too hard at this.

>> No.47930209

>>47929719

That stuff is possibly troublesome to sell too, the only army I've seen them willing to do that for is Space Marines because they're guaranteed sellers.

They've done it for the Stormcast Eternals too, but I think that is part of trying to push them as the face of AoS.

Really what you describe would be better handled by FW.

>> No.47930673

>>47922230
Normal women fucking love sisters of battle you smelly virgin. Women wish to be sexy and sisters are sexy. Look at anything that women actually like, the protagonist is always hot as shit or at least has guys falling over her if shes plain for a reason, fuck off with your white knight muh beautiful the way you are girls horseshit, no one is falling for it.

>> No.47932758

>>47930673
>no one is falling for it
>182 replies
>guaranteed

Welcome, newfriend.

>> No.47932839

why do girls want to be space marines?

>> No.47932877

>>47917802
They're neat, and they come in every color I can buy.

>> No.47932927

>>47917802
>Hive-minded

Yup seems about right.
They just like what represents them best is all.

>> No.47932975

>>47920553

When you grow up on a death world you and the boys think of a few tricks

>> No.47932996

>>47932839
Because in their heart of hearts, all people desire to be space marines.
It has a basis in a fundamental human problem: the desire to be the greatest, and only by becoming space marines can they begin to accomplish that. However, they are troubled, aware that, despite all that they do, neither they nor the white knights in this thread will ever be ultramarines

>> No.47933120

Women shouldn't even be playing patrician games like 40K. All they do is water them down in the long run. Happenend to Dragon Age, happened to fucking Blizzard.

>> No.47933145

>>47932839
I hope that father is fine with his daughter growing up into a pathetic whiny bitch who thinks GW owes her muh femule muhreens because her family liked to pretend the real world didn't exist.

>> No.47933588

>>47922803

That has nothing to do with mixed sex unit performance you moron. The post you're responding to didn't say female soldiers are useless they said mixing males and females causes more problems than it's worth.

>> No.47934088

Tyranids are the only faction that lets you field a vagina. See >>47921229

>> No.47934456

>>47933145
That is funny coming from someone that is acting like a pathetic whiny bitch.

>> No.47934579

>>47922805
^Giant Tyranid horse-cock cannons

>> No.47935323

>>47922384
It's not a woman unless you can tell she has tits.
If you can tell she has tits it's a sexist depiction of women.

>> No.47935436

>>47922455
>, for all we know they probably have sixty different types genitalia as gifted by the gods.
>Every time a servant of Slaneesh does well he gifts them with an additional gender.

>> No.47935457

>>47921229
>lewd

>> No.47935516

>>47918003
The new Tau codex has several women in it actually. There are lots of individuals in the "army colors" section of the book that are referred to as such. Also, I think it's safe to say that Shadowsun isn't remotely sexualized.

>> No.47936407

>>47918277
Funny the girl player at our store is Ork too

>> No.47937651

Because all girls want the Ts.

>> No.47938223

Can we get back to how sexy tyranids are?

>> No.47938254

>>47918431

>> No.47938999

>>47922332
Female Guard regiments are canonically very rare though. IIRC it was something like 80% all-male, 18% all-female and 2% mixed in one of the books.

>> No.47939205

>>47929719
What is the point? Tau and Eldar units are already mixed.

And half the IG players I know replace the Guard heads with fully enclosed ones.

>> No.47939285

These need to be developed rather than inferior SoB

>> No.47939315

>>47939285
Wasn't that a 'female adventurer in power armour' from way back when Astartes-type power armour was the only kind that existed?

>> No.47939337

>>47922511
But seriously every male miniature in the game is comically male. You can't get away from this with heroic scale (tm) (c).

>> No.47940950

>>47938999
That's a pretty reasonable representation. Guardsmen in the merit-based regiments (where the cream of the PDF are taken) will be almost all male, and whilst the 100% planetary conscription (cadia, catachan etc) regiments will probably have more women in them, those are much rarer.

>> No.47941024

>>47940950
It's not that, the regiments are all intentionally mono-sex. The vast majority are male because men make better soldiers (and it doesn't impact demographics too much if you send a couple million off to die every year), some are female because in a million planets there's got to be a fair few planets with crazy enough women to make the grade, and virtually none are mixed because putting men and women together in close contact for very extended periods of time isn't the best idea if you need everyone 100% ready to fight.

>> No.47941131

>>47922641
> Not him but if you're going to talk about shit like this you should at least know the basics like the fact that mixed sex military have far lower performance and much higher risks. It's a scientifically proven fact. The presence of women hinders performance, endangers males who instinctively protect the females, and puts the females at risk for rape in an already rape-prone setting like the military.
Can I shoot this capitalist agent provocateur, Komissar?

Also, stop injecting your horrible fetishes into our orkgames.

>> No.47943393

>>47933145

She won't be much different from the rest of the GW fanbase then to be honest, just replace female marines with models.

>> No.47944569

>>47922491
>female
>fe = iron

So, iron men. I accept.

>> No.47945505

>>47922840
good god, which sites have gender quotas? I only ever stumble across clusterfucks of ducks

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action