Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 70 KB, 525x495, Penguin_dreams_and_stranger_things.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
40645250 No.40645250 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Hello anons.

We continue the tale of Britbongsteros from this thread. Do you need to read the previous thread? Not really, but it might help.

>Wut is Britbongsteros?
It's a homebrew setting our DM (with some help from me) devised. We played a lot in it and I've been telling stories of our adventures for a little while now.
If you are a newfriend, you literally don't need to know anything about anything or have read any of the previous threads, but there is a wiki curated by an awesome anon.

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Britbongsteros

That includes some general details about the setting.

>> No.40645254

>>40645250
Now because I'm telling these tales by accident, we started later in the adventures than the chronological beginning. If you will, we have already heard episodes 3-10 but not episodes 1-3. So we have gone back to the start. We are currently in the middle of episode one.

If this is confusing, just enjoy the ride.

The party are composed of five players these are:

Angus: an orc, enjoys pyromania, animal lover and flower arrangements.

The bard: a human, plays the bagpipes. Is generally a source of stupid (ly brilliant) ideas.

The wizard: a wizard (no shit). Controls metal and is generally fairly quiet. Source of brilliant(ly stupid) ideas.

The Navvie: a large angry human. He has a hammer. He hits things with it.

Aldous: A dwarven knight, also me.

There was a sixth player later but she hadn't actually joined in yet.

>> No.40645300

>>40645254
What happened last time?

>a great big God fell out of the sky (Baz)
>We fought some Roman legionarry skeletons in Dundee.
>our God got nicked by a necromancer
>we were strongarmed into serving the crown
>we went to get Baz back, we sort of....totally fucked it.
>Baz and the necromancer are now joined in a fusion of total evilness.
>We met what we think might be a demon, he's called Donny. We liked him.
>He blew quite of lot of stuff.
>We no longer like Donny.
>Instead we have decided it's an idea to kill Donny before we go after Baz.

We are currently not too far from Donny's stately home and planning our next steps.

I am also eating some toast.

>> No.40645350

>>40645300

While scoping out Donny's base of operations, we passed through a local village. The villagers appeared to have been entirely drained of soul/animus, we only discovered this after we killed the people who were going to kill them, were killed by us.

Regrettably, we were forced to kill the villagers too, having nothing else we could do with or for them.

We join the party standing over a mass grave.

>> No.40645374

>>40645350
We look on at the stately home. Night is beginning to fall. There's no lights showing and no smoke from the chimneys but this has to be the place.

We prepare ourselves and decide to get a bit closer.

We have some revenge to take...

>> No.40645476
File: 18 KB, 579x512, AWishForWingsThatWorkFrontbcz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>40645374

Getting closer to the building, there really does not seem to be anyone home.

As it gets darker, the wind gets up combined with the sound of the sea, we're unlikely to hear anything.

The moon rises, and we have at least enough light to mostly see what we're doing.

Peeking in through windows shows nothing but darkness.

We decide to do some breaking and entering.

>> No.40645548

>>40645476
The door to the kitchens offers very little resistance.

Angus puts his fist through the window in the door and we are in.

No alarms ring, again it's all very peaceful.

We head inwards.

>> No.40645579

>>40645548
The kitchens are silent.

There's dust on everything, it seems like no one has used these in years.

Oddly there is still perfectly preserved food under the dust.

Angus experimentally picks up a ham and takes a bite.

Apparently it's delicious.

>> No.40645683
File: 21 KB, 324x324, more_penguin_lust_case-r881173f11b044351bd93ceaed51fbcf9_wsm9h_8byvr_324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>40645579

We can still hear the wind and the sea outside, the only other sound is Angus munching.

The party continue creeping through the house.

There's a lot of the usual creepy big house stuff, suits of armour, bookshelves, dust, that sort of thing. This continue as we pass through the kitchen, the dining room (with candles that are incongrously lit) library, in the great hall there's a roaring fire, which would make perfect sense, if anyone had disturbed the dust on the floor.

We ourselves are leaving little footprints as though walking through snow.

>> No.40645761
File: 10 KB, 91x379, img_cabernet_bottle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>40645683
Instinctively we gather around the fire, enjoying the warmth.

>Where the fuck is everybody?

The place is plainly and clearly deserted, maybe we got the wrong house? Obviously there's not many others around...

There's also the matter of where those alchemists came from...

They must've come from somewhere....right?

The DM describes the hall carefully, and how we feel.

>You all have the unmistakeable feeling of being watched, even in this grand room, the feeling of the air changes imperceptibly.

>> No.40645850
File: 55 KB, 480x655, Little_Penguin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>40645761

Of course, this encourages us to start investigating, looking in dark corners, peering through keyholes. The Wizard is convinced there must be a secret passage or bookcase. He's tapping on walls and generally being wizardly.

>> No.40645989
File: 20 KB, 374x375, milqopus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>40645850

Of course, this being Britbongsteros, there aren't any.

It's about this time, the bard decides to look up.

>Guys.....

I'm testing books, the wizard is tapping at the walls, Angus is eating a ham, and the Navvie is checking behind pictures.

>Shut up bard!

>Guys!

We follow his pointing finger, oooh...that's probably not good.

There are at least twenty old bodies nailed to the rafters.

We think they might be the previous occupants of the house. They also seem to have been drained dry.

In the shadows, there's something else up there too...

>> No.40646137

Alright. Let's see what's going on this time.

>> No.40646318

>>40645989
A little music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MqEnxFYxbw

We are definitely not alone

>Coliunn gun chean (or say hello to my little friend)

It's been up in the rafters this whole time, watching, waiting, and now it drops into the centre of the room.

Imagine a headless ogre. Then cover the thing in moss, give it glowing ice blue eyes and some other fun aspects we'll come to.

That's what drops down and cracks the flagstones.

>> No.40646397

>>40646318
The worst part, is Coliunn isn't alone either, as he drops, so too do the odd looking bats feeding on the bodies. They're not really bats, they're nondescript in the shadows, but they flap around us, billowing and generating enough force to blow out the fire.

The fight is lit by Angus as he sets about torching things, and is really a series of disjointed moments.

The Navvie and Coliunn running at each other, my bullets impacting across Coliunn's chest, the wizard sending flying daggers after whatever those tiny blood sucking bastards are (and they have very sharp teeth indeed!). The bard helps out as only he can ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hB3eCv_FOk)

>> No.40646480

>>40646397
While I dissapear for a few minutes, something in the last thread got me thinking, is Britbongsteros more grim than most campaigns anons have played in? That was the impression I got.

>> No.40646535

>>40646318
Headless... but has eyes.

Glowing nipples?

>> No.40646840

>>40646480
I've seen grimmer. Never really played anything grim though.

I think Tale of an Industrious Rogue was grimmer, but they were actively fucking up everything in that story.

>> No.40647398

>>40646535
My thanks anon, I could have been clearer, a sunken head, set between the shoulders rather than above. Space marine terminator style.

>> No.40647580

>>40646397

Coliunn isn't just tough. The fucker regenerates too. Even when Angus sets him alight he's still quite capable of punching the Navvie across the room. The wizard does his best to weigh him down, slowly building up lead on his wrists and ankles. It works but it also adds more force to his blows.

The bard is lucky to avoid being turned into jam as Coliunn turns his attention to me.

The bat things are beyond distracting as they swarm us again, biting, clawing, drawing blood.

In the darkness Angus plays flame over our enemies back, the Navvie gets up and starts running again.

I back away from Coliunn until my shoulders touch rock. Reloading as I go. I aim for those eyes.

A lucky critical (blinding one eye) seems to just enrage him but the wizard focuses on one stiletto sized sliver of steel. Driving it into the other eye.

He can't see, but he can still hear and he tracks me easily enough.

It gives enough time however for the Navvie to strike him from behind, staggering him.

Coliunn turns and runs straight from us, into the wall and out into the night.

Given the way he knitted back together after being shot, it seems likely we may see him again.

The bats follow him through the hole.

In the near silence of smouldering furnishings, we reload and prepare to go deeper, we can only be in the right place now...

>> No.40648362

>>40647580
And the building is not burning down around you.
Huh.

>> No.40649969

So I see this thread is going to be just as stubborn as the last thread about staying up.

>> No.40652034

>>40649969
Yep, let's do this.

>> No.40654286

Live, damn you, LIVE!

>> No.40655672

I'll bump it before bed.

>> No.40656034

And I'll give it a bump of morning cup of tea.

>> No.40657416

Food-is-cooking-all-is-right-in-the-world bump

>> No.40658299

bumping innalecture.
totally paying attention.
rawr

>> No.40659224

>>40646480
More grim than the 41st Millenium? HERESY

>> No.40660959

Get off page 9.

>> No.40660980

>>40656034
>>40657416
>>40658299
>>40660959
[Samefagging intensifies]

>> No.40661365

>>40660980
Grumpy anon! We missed you!

Did you get some counselling?

>> No.40661533
File: 54 KB, 660x440, bear01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>40646480
This gon' get me tons of hate...
I don't play.I don't even know how to play.I have this vague idea that you sit around a table, in costumes, and declare what your character is doing, then roll dice on how well you do it.
Or lulz maybe. Read at your own risk.

>> No.40661592

>>40661533
and then I don't spoiler properly

>> No.40663363

page 9 again

>> No.40664824

Posting occurring shortly.

Aaw I missed grumpy anon.

>> No.40666816

I can wait.

>> No.40667874

>>40666816

My apologies that you have had to anon.

>>40648362
The room was large and although furninshed, mostly stone.

In all fairness the place should have been blazing though.

>> No.40667941

>>40647580
Alone in the darkness, the wind howling in through the hole where Coliunn reverse Kool-aided, we decide illumination is our first task. Fortunately the Navvie carries a small lantern and there are some candles on the walls which we pinch. We proceed further into the house.

The DM has us rolling perception checks, every time we succeed we get the vague sense of being watched. After the fire fight, we can only assume everyone knows we are here.

>> No.40667985

>>40667941
We search though more and more rooms, ending up at the bottom of the main staircase. The wizard notices that the rug appears disturbed. Lifting the thing we discover a trap door.

>> No.40668033

>>40667985
The wizard detects no magical fields or alarms so we swing it open. There is a roughly hewn passageway leading off into the darkness.

We guess this place has some history of smuggling (explaining the small hidden harbour and this)

We descend into the darkness.

>> No.40668097

>>40668033
It's not long before the narrow passageway opens into a cavern.

We assume this is a tidal cave or at least it's sealed to the outside by water at high tide.

The sound and spray of the sea fills the cave.

There is still no one about.

It's just then that a shape breaks the water.

A large ray, graceful, lazy, unusually it takes to the air, doing a circuit of the cavern before being snatched out of the air by what can only be described as an enormous Moray eel.

If we didn't know better, someone has been making monsters...

>> No.40668155

>>40668097
We follow the cavern towards its mouth. We find the steam pinnace (deserted) and cross to the other side of the water via a rope bridge.

The water is seething with foam and only black. Given the precision with which the supernaturally fuck huge eel snatched the ray, we are not keen on the this arrangement but nevertheless we cros

>> No.40668847

>>40667941
At this point I probably would've suspected the house itself being alive.

>> No.40670900

>>40668847
I probably would have burned down the house by this point.

>> No.40673191

>>40670900
Since we've been told it's mostly made of stone, that probably won't have worked.

You would only anger the house golem.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action