Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 67 KB, 859x580, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
40311914 No.40311914 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

How would you stat a character that wields a weapon like the Gunlance, Charge Blade, and Heavy Bowgun in an RPG with a generic stat system?

Things like dex for Bows, charisma for Hunting Horn, strength for Great sword, ect are obvious.

>> No.40312359

Gunlance seems like a STR thing to me.
Chargeblade Versatile maybe? STR or DEX depending on its form.
H Bowgun I guess roll with STR

>> No.40312561

>>40312359
I would think Gunlance would be Con or Endurance thing, it's all about blocking huge attacks and firing a cannon from the hip. The stabs with the lance point are an after thought.

>> No.40313161

>>40311914
I'd treat weapons more like 'classes', with their own individual sets of feats/tricks that come with them.

Sword and Shield: Dex. Very quick and repeated attacks.
Dual Swords: Dex. Demon mode adds to it.
Longsword: Combination of dex & str. It gets just dex initially, but upon getting its 'keen' modes also adds str.
Hammer: Combination of dex & str
Greatsword: str (with multipliers for charge attacks?)
Gunlance: Con. Flat rate or maybe int/wis for its gunshots.
Lance. Con + Int/wis.
Switch axe: Str + Int/wis
Hunting Horn: cha + int/wis
Charge blade: Str + Int
Light bowgun: Dex + int/wis
Medium bowgun: Dex + int/wis
Heavy bowgun: Str + Dex + int/wis.

I'm sure I've missed some weapons, but in general the idea is that certain weapons can draw from multiple stats when playing optimally, but otherwise only get a single stat.

>> No.40313239

>>40313161

Are you taking into account various styles of use (and by various I mean two) such as evade lancing?

>> No.40317904

>>40313161
Wheres the Bow?

>> No.40317931

How will you be balancing the 4 styles that are announced in Monster Hunter X(cross)?

>> No.40317968

>>40317931
Not at all until the game is released.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action