Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.34568210 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Woohoo, the bestow hoser we never needed. Might be useful in modern?

>> No.34568230

Well it does hit equipment so maybe.

>> No.34568249

it could have been worse

like that other g/b/w sweeper

>> No.34568276

>>34568210
There had better be a good draw spell in Khans if Wizards wants control to be a thing. This+Anger just isn't good enough.

>> No.34571036

Also destroys any bestowed creatures, as wizards always had to brutally hose the previous block.

>> No.34571106

>>34568276
Divination will be legal, people still run it in their control decks. I'm sure that they will print something to go along with it, but even if they don't I'm sure control will be fine.

We've had plenty of rotations without a Sphinx's Revelation, and even during Scars/Innistrad Blue Sun's Zenith wasn't used all that much.

>> No.34571223

>>34571106
You literally don't know anything about Magic or control builds.

>> No.34571247

>>34571223
Not every control deck needs to be draw-go

>> No.34571259

>>34568276
7U
delve

draw 3 cards

>> No.34571917

>>34568210
you don't play modern or don't play it well, tell me one deck that this is better than supreme verdict against that doesn't kill you before turn 5 or you're full of shit and shouldn't be posting your worthless scrub opinion

>> No.34571967

>>34568210

>Her palm flared like the eye of a waking dragon. Then all was calm.

I can only imagine people saying "I came" every time this is played.

>> No.34572322

>>34571223
Divination has been played by control decks in standard. If there's nothing better, that's what control decks will play.
It's very unlikely that control will die, the only time in god knows how long when it was actually bad was Zendikar before Worldwake got printed.

>> No.34573012

>>34571036
What? You think this is hosing down previous sets? Magic 2015 already did it at instant speed for 2 mana.

>> No.34573125

>>34568210
Who the fuck play's Bestow or Equipment in modern? There are better wipes in Modern.

At best i can see this in Legacy sideboard for playing against Stoneforge-Jitte decks.

>> No.34574054

>>34573125
This card will likely never be good in legacy.

>>34568210
Also, there are plenty of modern decks that have equipment. Batterskull in control/midrange builds has been a thing for a while, not relevant enough to ever run this card. Affinity has cranial plating, but you'll die before you can play this card. Several decks like to run swords of x and y, but not relevant enough for this card either.

>> No.34574126

>>34573125
It would eat a spell pierce.

>> No.34575592

>>34571247
>>34572322
What you don't seem to understand is how the control build has evolved. With the value of creatures ever steadily increasing, and the number of removal and draw options at efficient prices dwindling, there HAD to be a 4CMC board wipe. Even then it still sometimes wasn't fast enough. The number of creatures that say "indestrucible" is increasing, and almost every color combination has what is essentially an instant speed "Counter target board wipe" card.

This has forced control to start running more and more removal at the expense of almost every other utility option in the mainboard. Control games are taking longer and longer because control is running fewer and fewer win conditions to dig up, because they have no other option. Why was Nephalia Drownyard good? Because it was a win condition that didn't take up a board slot, so that control could have as much removal and options. People say that Sphinx's Revelation was absurd, but it was the card that control needed, and not only that, wasn't as busted as people believe. It still took 5 turns to get online for any sort of value, and even then would you want to play a card that said "Draw 2 cards, gain 2 life" at 5CMC in the current meta? It's only the potential that it can start absorbing attacks once you have enough mana and give you more turns that makes it any good.

You need to seriously start looking at the game as it has progressed through the years before you say that control isn't being completely overhauled. I mean... Control players are probably going to have to play the Hexproof monk, Prognostic Sphinx, Soul of New Phyrexia, or some other terrible win condition. Control is getting shafted, and often.

>> No.34575755

>>34575592
>Control is getting shafted, and often.
And thank God for that. Playing against Control is the opposite of fun.

>> No.34575819

>>34575755
exactly this, control is just the least interactive and boring playstyle ever. Occasionally it has to make a decision but most of the time it's just 'kill/counter everything until I win with my finisher'

>> No.34575941

>>34575819

Knowing there's no 4 mana wipe has completely opened my deckbuilding thoughtprocess, I feel like there's a lot of good, DIFFERENT games out there to be played because TWO WORDS: SUPREME VERDICT is hosed.

>> No.34577185

>>34571106
The only reason people didn't play BSZ was because Consecrated Sphinx was in the same format

Divination is not a good draw spell

>> No.34579826

>>34568210
I see an EDH Voltron killer

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action