Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 149 KB, 682x614, Oh shit nigger.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31783984 No.31783984 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>I hate Matt Ward because /tg/ and 1d4chan told me to

>Slaanesh has _nothing_ to do with sex or drugs and is ugly in true form and is worst god and I hate them and they smell bad

>The Imperioum is terrible everywhere for everyone everywhere all the time

>My cannon is exact and never contridicting, yours is wrong and worthless and could never exist in the vastness of a galaxy

>Tau are going to win in the end

>> No.31784017

Okay.

>> No.31784028

>There were several people who thought the milky way galaxy was the solar system
I hate this board sometimes

>> No.31784034

>>31783984
That hidden text is very obvious.

>> No.31784089

>>31784028
To be fair, the Solar system is the only important part of the galaxy.

The rest of it is just space and dead rocks.

>> No.31784092
File: 184 KB, 812x467, Who thought this was a good idea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784092

>>31783984
>People who say GW cannon is all true and FFG can't be

Well...

>> No.31784112

>>31784089
Not in 40k, and we haven't proven the rest is crap yet. Odds are good theres something else out there

>> No.31784152

>>31784092
>It's likely

So it's not confirmed and just speculation from the narrator.

Also
>cannon

>> No.31784198
File: 82 KB, 765x1044, wow__burning_the_midnight_oil_by_jess_o-d2r9nli.png.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784198

>>31784092
>mfw shortstack fetishes

>> No.31784251

>Tau are all perfect in everyway and riptides aren't broken

>> No.31784270
File: 1.46 MB, 1148x896, Eldrad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784270

>>Tau are going to win in the end

The greatest of the great seers Eldrad of Ulthwe the Damned foresaw the future of the Tau. He believes that the Tau will conquer the darkness within themselves and surpass the Eldar's greatest feats.

So who are you, some ignorant mon'kiegh, to tell us something different?

>> No.31784328

>>31784270
They couldn't travel out of there galactic spec, let alone control anything bigger than a 17th of a spiral arm.

And thats assuming the nids don't win and eat them.
Or they don't get *ZAP*'d by Crons
Or the IG finish there misssion
Or the emp doesn't die from abby or otherwise and release the warp on everyone
Or the Eldar somehow pull a Hail-mary and bring up a new god

>> No.31784338

>>31783984
OP is right on the money. I've seen people called autistic for saying both sides in 40k fluff argument could be right due to subjective canon.
The worst of the 40k fanbase seems to congregate on this board

>> No.31784353

>>31784328
*They can barely move out of there galactice spec

>> No.31784428

>>31783984
/tg/ doesn't tell anyone to hate Ward anymore- not without being challenged, anyway. The fact that people still come here expecting us all to hate Ward is all 1d4chan's fault.

>> No.31784429

>>31784270

Mans, Eldrad fucks up his visions, like, all day 'ery day. Eldar suck at actually seeing the future, or reacting to their predictions.

>> No.31784448

>>31784152
Work on your reading comprehension. "It is likely that the two evolved on the same world" is the speculation, but "and they can interbreed" is stated as fact. The "likely" doesn't refer to that - this would require "and that they can interbreed".

>> No.31784458

>>31784428
That's because 1d4chan is editted by a women's studies major who insists Ward is misogynist for daring to kill Sisters of Battle.

>> No.31784459
File: 458 KB, 1010x756, Eldar_Warlock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784459

>>31784328
>They couldn't travel out of there galactic spec, let alone control anything bigger than a 17th of a spiral arm.

They developed Warpless FTL and are expanding rapidly into the galaxy. Whatever challenges that will come, Tau technology and determination will see them laid low.

So the question raises itself.

>I have followed the myriad potential futures of the Tau with great interest. Though barely even striplings compared to us, I feel a strange protectiveness towards them. In time I believe they will exceed even our greatest feats and master the darkness within their souls.

-Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé Craftworld

>‘The Tau are young, yet their fire burns hot enough to reduce the stone hearts of ancient empires to ash. To underestimate them is to invite the cold grasp of death.’

- Irolac Dawnslayer of Craftworld Ulthwé

Eldar and the Ulthwe believe in the Tau, so why don't you?

>> No.31784461

>>31784270
The only thing interesting about the Tau is that they havn't been Roflstomped by the Imperium yet. Considering the size of the Imperium there are probably races which have a 'similar' role to the Tau out there fighting against the Imperium currently. The only reason they aren't a footnote in a footnote is that they are a playable race- that's it.

>> No.31784483

>>31784459
Eldrad also believed that Fulgrim and his slaaneshi daemon sword was the best duo to warn of chaos shenanigans being afoot.

>> No.31784508

>>31784429
I hate prophecies/predictions as a storywriting device SO FUCKING MUCH GODDAMN.

>> No.31784524

>>31784461
That's because the Imperium can't attack the Tau.
Ultramarines have attacked them twice, and had to leave both times to defend Macragge.

Now the Whire Scars, Rvaen Guard and Cadians are attacking the Tau, and Chogoris and Cadia is now under chaos attack while Deliverance is in the path of an Ork Waaaaagh!

Tau plot armor is among the worst in any work of fiction

>> No.31784551

>>31784461
They're a small but elite faction. However, their battlesuits and above are at a minimum equal to spess murhenes, and outnumber spess mehrenes. Since there's at least one codex dedicated to people who number only 1000 people, you can't say small numbers of people can't make a galactic scale difference.

>> No.31784576

>>31784198
>1,7-2 metres tall
>thin and wiry

>> No.31784587

>>31784524
>>31784328
So the most viable winners are
Nids- They eat galaxies and haven't been stopped yet. They just need to show up

Crons- fluff wise they leave even the eldar in the dust and are more numorous. They just need to wake up

Chaos- On Cadia and just need to take it or the emps to die and stay die

Orks?- Most numerous but unstable

>> No.31784596

>>31784524
>That's because the Imperium can't attack the Tau.

Shameless lie (picture related).

>Ultramarines have attacked them twice, and had to leave both times to defend Macragge.

>Now the Whire Scars, Rvaen Guard

They aren't going nowhere. Khan made an oath to stay until Shadowsun is dead.

Chogoris will have to defend itself.

>> No.31784609

>>31784576
I have the fetish not them

>> No.31784615
File: 41 KB, 530x543, War Zone Damocles (Update).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784615

forgot my picture

>> No.31784626

>>31783984
How about

> Warhammer lore is written by manchildren for manchildren and has no creative or artistic merit to begin with, I'm gonna go play a better game

>> No.31784638

>>31784596
The entire Raven Guard chapter is apparently gathered at Deliverance while according to the new Guard codex, nearly all Cadian regiments are petitioning to return to defend Cadia.

Thus far the White Scars third company is the only group not to flinch in the face of the Tau's plot armor.

>> No.31784643

>>31784551
>not realizing the codex's reflect GW's urge for you to buy army's
>thinking GW's gruby has that kind of weight in the lore
Codex's don't mean shit. The Tau have remarkable battlesuits, that's true. But that's around all they got going for them. as >>31784524
has mentioned, it's plot Armour that keeps the Tau alive. Strip that and they'd have been Ork food long before they became a "threat".

>>31784587
>Chaos
Eh. If Chaos get's to powerful it usually destroys itself. The amount of power chaos would need to 'win' would be self-defeating.

Orks, nids and crons are the most likely winners.

>> No.31784652

>>31784596
>Shameless lie (picture related).
At the very least not at full force, Tau are small time to them.

>no pic
get a lot of this grot

>> No.31784656

>>31784587
>winners in 40k

no winners, only war, forever.

>> No.31784665

>>31784587

It's between Nids, Necrons and Chaos

Although they all have heavy win conditions, arriving in full force, fully awakening, actually expanding the EOT

I would personally say its between Nids and Crons... Orks just aren't stable enough to unite into such a force.... not even sure they would want too

>> No.31784681
File: 651 KB, 1856x869, Illic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784681

>Believing Murder Clown lies
>Not believing that the Nightspear will deny the vengeance of the Souldark
>Not believing that the Nightspear will stop the Rhana Dandra
>Not believing in the Last Hope

>> No.31784690
File: 512 KB, 763x975, Orkz krump Sissysight.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784690

>>31784615
Ok blueberry lover, how does it feel to be outsmarted by Orks

>> No.31784699

>>31784656
The reason we'll never see M42 is because that's when No Space, No Time, Only Chaos or Imperial Golden Age of Psychic Mastery and Wonderment happens

>> No.31784708

>>31784656
And that's why orks win everyday. Every race that gets squatted is a loss for the orks, because they won't be around to fight anymore.

>> No.31784720

>>31784652
You

see

>>31784615

This ain't small. Add this to the Catachans and Space Marine already there.

>> No.31784734
File: 38 KB, 360x361, thisiscarnac.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784734

>>31784270
>>31784459
>>31784596
>>31784615
>>31784681

>> No.31784739

>>31784690
Orks can be brutally cunning at times. Or cunningly brutal.

>> No.31784744

>>31784690
Go away, Ironteef, you're dead.

>> No.31784787

>>31783984
>>I hate Matt Ward because /tg/ and 1d4chan told me to
Ok. Though I have seen /tg/ defending Ward way beyond reason on some occasion.

>>Slaanesh has _nothing_ to do with sex or drugs and is ugly in true form and is worst god and I hate them and they smell bad
I've never seen anyone defend that. I've often seen people thinking that Slaanesh is all about sex.

>>The Imperioum is terrible everywhere for everyone everywhere all the time
/tg/ tend to underestimate Imperial terribleness more than to overestimate it.

>>My cannon is exact and never contridicting, yours is wrong and worthless and could never exist in the vastness of a galaxy
Generic strawman.

>>Tau are going to win in the end
The very idea that tau could have whatever role in the future of 40k and not been randomly killed by whatever make most of /tg/ 40k crowd sick.

>> No.31784838
File: 1.02 MB, 321x273, 1373504948116.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784838

>>31783984
i actually think matt ward is a good writer and with good rules.

most of the matt ward haters are HAAC faggots who have 100% subjective reasons for hating him.

"he changed the fluff i like! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

>> No.31784846

>>31784461
>The only reason they aren't a footnote in a footnote is that they are a playable race- that's it.

The same could be said for the Eldar, truth be told. There are not all that many of them left when you get right down to the numbers of it. Not compared to most of the other factions.

Also Orks. They may be everywhere, but they rarely accomplish anything because their entire job is just to show up and wreck whatever the locals have built for no other reason than because we needed something for space marines to show up and fight before Chaos showed up. Remove Orks as a playable faction, and they become nothing more than a huge, faceless, generic barbarian army that is constantly threatening but exists to due in great numbers in epic battles.

>> No.31784851

>>31784034
I S T M T

I H M W B T A 1 T M T

T I I T E F E E A T T

M C I E A N C Y I W A W A C N E I T V O A G

T A G T W I T E

Sorry, I tried to codebreak but I have no idea what you are on about. I don't see any obvious hidden text. Have you got the same problem as the guy from the beautiful mind when he goes crazy?

>> No.31784868

>>31784787
The Slaanesh and the Ward ones I've seen plenty
The IoM arguement has a good point, most planets don't suck. That level of grimdarkness isn't realistic

>> No.31784880

>>31784851
Take a look at the OP image.

>> No.31784901

>>31784868
>The IoM arguement has a good point, most planets don't suck. That level of grimdarkness isn't realistic

40K isn't realistic and according to the fluff most the populace of the Imperium are living in hellholes.

>> No.31784918

>>31784787
The generic strawman comes up all the time on this board. Either you agree with an anon's interpretation of the canon, or all your sources are ignored and you're retarded.

>> No.31784926
File: 200 KB, 632x766, The Imperium of Man.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784926

>>31784901
Dumping relevant fluff.

>> No.31784957

>>31784926
Except the Cain books show both that the IoM has a very lose control over planets and many are nice earth-like ones no where near a warzone

>> No.31784961
File: 94 KB, 840x998, Zombie Plague.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31784961

>>31784926

>> No.31784978

>>31784957
> There is only war !
> Except there...
> ... and there ...

>> No.31784984

>>31784957
Eisenhorn also reinforces that when Eisenhorn says most planets do not know war outside of the guard tithe.

>> No.31785003

>>31784524

I see it more as a result of GW having a bajillion space marine chapters supposedly existing, but god damn if anything more thank their favorite 5-10 chapters every do anything important. So they have to constantly have them running around the galaxy being everywhere at once, and they also cant afford them to suffer huge defeats that would set them back too long.

If the Ultramarines and the Tau clashed in total war and neither side backed down, one of two things could happen. Either the Tau lose hard, and the Tau no longer work as a playable faction... or the Ultramarines lose hard, and GW can no longer have them be the face of the space marines and involved in every huge conflict ever because there wont be enough of them to go around.

Both situations would be equally distasteful to GW, so they have to operate on Comic Book writing where two named characters fight for reasons but then leave before anyone gets more than bruises and a bloody nose.

>> No.31785019
File: 109 KB, 800x592, 1375943371673.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31785019

>>31784984
and Gaunt tells the whole "BLAM" commissar idea is solley from Commissar Yarrik

>> No.31785029
File: 248 KB, 963x580, Imperial life.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31785029

>>31784961

>> No.31785052

Eagarly awaiting anons to give a practical demonstration of OP's point 4.
The Imperium, super evil or necessary monster is always a fantastic demonstration of it.

>> No.31785064

>>31785029
>>31784961
>>31784926
>Muh Grimdark
The edginess is meant to be a shell
When you really understand the 40k spirit you realize it's camp and parody of such shit

>> No.31785191

>>31784984
Arguing the quality of life of the Imperium or are we gonna argue the prevalence of war?

>>31784957
The rulebook does say the Imperium loose control over the planets as long as they pay up. However as you can read in the fluff piece I posted the wars the Imperium is wagging is causing the Imperium to squeeze its planets dry and enforce tyrannical brutal power to do so which causes the worlds to become hellholes to pay up.

Can there be planets that escaped this fate for now? Yeah? Are they the majority? No.

>>31785064
It's a grimdark parody of extremes.

If you don't like it this way, then you don't actually like its spirit.

>> No.31785227

>>31785191
IMO Novels outrank rulesbooks for fluff by simple context of writting

>> No.31785231
File: 121 KB, 877x588, Warhammer40K intro.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31785231

>>31785029

And the original and classic

>> No.31785358
File: 1.11 MB, 823x915, Grimdark.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31785358

>>31785019
Hmm?

>> No.31785383
File: 5.33 MB, 1422x2062, Trials of Tibrum.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31785383

>>31785358
Hm!

>> No.31785420

>>31785231
> It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable.
Tau confirmed to be nicer.
As orks or dark eldar slavery, or even chaos insanity.

>> No.31785437

>>31785420
The people who made the Imperium and wrote that line must not be very imaginative.

>> No.31785591
File: 382 KB, 770x390, The Sautekh Dynasty growth.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31785591

>>31785420
Don't forget the Necrons.

>You will never serve as a serf to an eccentric Necron Lord

Sucks, man.

>> No.31785697

>>31785591
I knew I was forgetting something.
Less cruel and less bloody regime anyway.

>> No.31785750
File: 14 KB, 228x250, Mephiston.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31785750

>The Ultramarines have the mightiest warrior in the Imperium and greatest psyker

Wrong on two accounts.

>> No.31785863

>>31783984
I hate the way Ward writes about tyrannids. It's nothing but a display of his ignorance about biology. When i read the stories in the tyrannids codex, i feel like i'm reading a space marines codex, except that tyrannids lose.

Everything he wrote is so 3dgyGriMMd4rKly bad, and his rigid view of battlefield mechanics is sad.

Also, pyrovores.

>> No.31785977

Oh, look. People are still arguing over the internally contradictory choose-your-own-canon fluff of 40K. 40K's fluff, either intentionally or not, mostly just lets you have whatever fluff for your army you want.

>> No.31786012

>>31785750
Tigrius is the better psyker.

That shit is firmly established.

>> No.31786087

>>31786012
>I will meet my end hurled into the jaws of raging Chaos.

> Only I will not. The warp is mine. Darkness is mine. Destruction is mine. I am the Lord of Death, and I hold illimitable dominion. Doombreed’s claws are crushing my body within my armour, but they do not hold my will. I reach out into the chaos. I see something that is not the formless, polymorphous abyss of anger into which Pallevon is falling. It is directed rage. It is hard enough to shatter adamantium. It is pure. It is sacred. It is the rage of the Blood Angels. As they make war on the bloodletters, they are the source of a tremendous, perfectly shaped energy of anger. It is so strong, so consistent in its nature, that it is holding the battlefield’s reality stable. Doombreed used it against us, his sculpted memory of Sanguinius absorbing the power like a battery until it destroyed the barrier between warp and materium. But that rage did not belong to him. He did not know it as I do. It is mine by birthright, yet I am distanced from it. I understand its nature. I have wrestled with its most devastating incarnation. But I stand apart. The thing that I am, that holds me separate from my brothers, lets me see the rage from the outside. I can see the shape of the collective fury of the Blood Angels. I grasp it.

>I wield it.

>> No.31786108
File: 132 KB, 600x920, Mephiston-_colour.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31786108

>>31786087
>Doombreed shrieks with pain and disbelief. He releases me. I fall, then rise again on wings whose light of glory is so intense they make the daemon prince shield his eyes. Smoke rises from his right hand. There are fires that will burn even the likes of him.

>On his column of lava, he makes for me, reaching with claws to tear me apart, an aura of unspeakable energy gathering around him. But between my hands is my answer. Fuelled by the rage of Blood Angels at war, the gift of our tragic inheritance, it is a sphere of coruscating blood, and it is the manifestation of my infinite will.

>‘For Sanguinius!’ I roar. These are the wages of Doombreed’s game. This is his repayment for the blasphemies that he has wreaked. This is my most perfect act in the service of my primarch. I unleash the orb, and all of creation vanishes in the holocaust of my power. All is blood, boiling blood, the blood that is summoned by the death of all things.

>Summoned by the Lord of Death.

I think not!

>> No.31786116

>The Imperioum is terrible everywhere for everyone everywhere all the time
This one gets me every time, just, for fuck sake it can't be brutal world ending war eveywhere all the time for everyone. Even for 40k that would be absurd.

>> No.31786245

>>31784587
Orks already won. 40k is their win scenario.

>> No.31786276

>>31785863
But didn't write the nid codex...

>> No.31786294
File: 617 KB, 1347x178, Ragnarork.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31786294

>>31786245
>I'm da hand of Gork and Mork, dey sent me to rouse up da boyz to crush and kill ‘cos da boyz forgot what dere ‘ere for. I woz one of da boyz till da godz smashed me in da ‘ead an’ I ‘membered dat Orks is meant to conquer and make slaves of everyfing they don’t kill.

>I’m da profit of da Waaagh an’ whole worlds burn in my boot prints. On Armour-Geddem, I led da boyz through da fire deserts and smashed da humies’ metal cities to scrap. I fought Yarik, old one-eye at Tarturus, an’ he fought good but we smashed iz city too.

>I’m death to anyfing dat walks or crawls, where I go nothin’ stands in my way. We crushed da stunties on Golgotha, an’ we caught old one-eye when da speed freeks blew da humies’ big tanks ta bits. I let ‘im go ‘cause good enemies iz ‘ard to find, an Orks need enemies ta fight like they need meat ta eat an’ grog ta drink.

> iz more cunnin’ than a grot an’ more killy than a dread, da boyz dat follow me can’t be beat. On Pissenah we jumped da marine-boyz an’ our bosspoles was covered in da helmets we took from da dead ‘uns. We burned dere port an’ killed dere bosses an’ left nothin’ but ruins behind. I’m Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka an’ I speak wiv da word of da gods. We iz gonna stomp da ‘ooniverse flat an’ kill anyfing that fights back. We iz gonna do this coz’ we’re Orks an’ we was made ta fight an’ win!

-Graffiti on Warlord Battle Titan wreckage, found by Dark Angels at Westerisle, Piscina IV

People say this but they don't realize that the Ork Gods and their prophet disagree.

>> No.31787078
File: 681 KB, 800x2314, ork-mad-dok-grotsnik.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31787078

>>31786294
>Grotsnik always had a morbid fascination with rooting around in other people’s heads. When an ugly Goff called Ghazghkull stumbled into Grotsnik’s medical tent holding his brain in place with both hands, the Dok saw a great opportunity. Two hours later Ghazghkull staggered out again, this time clutching a skull of shining adamantium.


>Ghazghkull started his career as a common Goff trooper on the backwater planet of Urk. During a raid upon a Space Marine command sanctum Ghazghkull caught a bolter shell in the face that pulped a large area of his cranium and caused extensive brain damage. A Deathskull Painboy called Mad Dok Grotsnik was close to hand, and replaced part of Ghazghkull’s cerebellum with bionics made from adamantium.

>It may be that these bionics triggered some latent psychic power or it may be that Ghazghkull simply suffers from delusions, but for whatever reason, from that point on Ghazghkull claimed to be in direct contact with the Ork gods Gork and Mork.

>> No.31787134

>>31784448
or, since the sentence is ambiguous, it could be read as
>It is likely [that the two evolved on the same world and they can interbreed]

>> No.31787288
File: 140 KB, 963x580, imperial life.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31787288

>>31783984
>The Imperioum is terrible everywhere for everyone everywhere all the time
Why do you hate canon?

>> No.31787348

Tau are the China to the Imperium's America. Small, but trending like a motherfucker. If the Tau trendlines hold they will wield enormous power a mere millennium from now. Like, Golden Age Imperium and pre-Fall Eldar levels of busted, here.

>> No.31787389

>>31787288
>but few have time to appreciate the majesty of the heavens. For the greater part of the human race, their only concern...
"few". "greater part". these are not absolute statement
The Imperium is not terrible everywhere for everyone everywhere all the time

>> No.31787424

>>31784656
>your face when you understand that there is no "plot armor" or some shit, only the ork gestalt field working its best to keep the galaxy locked in a perpetual state of WAAAAAAAAAAGH.

>> No.31787467

>>31787389
>"few". "greater part". these are not absolute statement
Yeah, it's saying "the Imperium is nice, if you're rich and powerful like 0.00000001% of the population".

>> No.31787483

>>31787348
Nigga they can't even into FTL.

>> No.31787492

>>31786116

It's best on worlds that the Imperium has forgotten about for a few generations. Those just have a normalish real-world-history level of brutal war.

>> No.31787520
File: 115 KB, 1846x401, Tau FTL.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31787520

>>31787483
Lies.

>> No.31787532

>>31787492
>real-world-history level of brutal war
They are probably somewhat united and vaguely trading with their neighbouring worlds. Maybe there is some representative democracy like you could see here (read : mostly corrupt but not too ruthless), and some may even care about the average citizen.

>> No.31787566

>>31787348
>China
>Small

>> No.31787598

>>31787520
I don't fucking care what you extrapolated. The canon is what says they go CLOSE TO the speed of light.

>> No.31787620

>>31787566

Relative to American power they are still stunted as fuck. America doesn't merely wield the resources within its borders, but the resources of the world due to its status as the unipole in the current international trade order. China is trending upwards in its ability to leverage resources in power, and quite quickly, but it still is stuck leveraging from its domestic borders and small chunks of Africa.

>> No.31787625
File: 4.30 MB, 2660x1476, Tau FTL cal.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31787625

>>31787520
Can't into FTL they said.

What bollocks!

>> No.31787666

>>31787598
They WERE close to the speed of light at the beginning of the 2nd Sphere Expansion.

>> No.31787679

>>31787598
Boy are you cluless.

It canon that during the Second Sphere they had Near-Light sped engines. In the Third Sphere they upgraded their engines it was said in it that they reached hitro greater speeds (aka FTL).

>> No.31787693

>>31787625
>>31787666

Carnac.

Carnac.

You can only either stick totally autistically to what canon says, or you can extrapolate into what it doesn't say, you can't have both.
>>31787679
Show me where it says "FTL".

>> No.31787697

>>31787625

Math has no meaning in a setting with space magic and plot armor.

>> No.31787717
File: 2.60 MB, 800x708, 1378636806075.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31787717

>>31784690

>dat filename

>> No.31787727

>>31787693
> asking Carnac anon to be logical

>> No.31787731

>>31787620
Doesn't that turn the whole analogy around, though?
>Imperium - lots of manpower and covers huge land, but very ineffective and technologically backwards
>Tau - not as many people, but technologically advanced and witch effective doctrine

>> No.31787740

>>31787625
Circumstantial evidence, no way to confirm the scale of the map nor accuracy of the measurement.

Unless they say it, they dont have it.

>> No.31787747

>>31787348
>>31787566
A better example would probably be Japan
isolated, backward, and capable of defending themselves well enough to not be bothered too much by any of the major powers.
And then 50 years after they see the first coal-powered ship their industry, technology, and military is strong enough to utterly crush Russia in a major war.
30 years after that they are the dominant military power in Asia and the western Pacific and occupying a country ten times as large and populous
and 30 years later they're one of the most technologically advanced nations

So basically, as long as the Tau keep their heads down and don't decide to Pearl Harbour the Imperium or something, in a century or two they would be advanced enough to punch well above their weight

>> No.31787770

>>31784643
Chaos can't lose. The warp is as large as the entire universe. In the grand scheme of things, who gives a flying fuck about one galaxy?

>> No.31787772

>>31787693
>Show me where it says "FTL".

Show me where it doesn't.

>You can only either stick totally autistically to what canon says

I am sticking to it. You are the one who is arguing against it.

The TSE speeds were never stated. Only thing was said was that it was greater that previous speeds. Seeing how the dates if the TSE and how the Tau are only slightly slower than Imperials we can assume they reached FTL.

>> No.31787788

>>31787772
Tau suck anyway.

>> No.31787791

>>31783984
>>Slaanesh has _nothing_ to do with sex or drugs and is ugly in true form and is worst god and I hate them and they smell bad
The opposite is the more common board stereotype
>Slaanesh ONLY has to do with sex and is the most loving, caring, sexiest god who is a qt girl with a feminine dick~
But you already knew that, Slaanfag.

>> No.31787793

>>31784458
Who cares if they were women? It was really weird and random to kill them off anyway.

>> No.31787817

>>31787625
by simple logic they must have FTL or they could never hold an empire made up of several planetary systems together. When it takes 10 years for the capital to even learn there's a problem and 25+ for them to send any response, it's pretty easy for a local lord to take over with his own idea of what the Greater Good is or for an Ork incursion to ruin everything
of course this is 40k so logic is frowned upon

>> No.31787826

>>31787791
That's what chaosfags believe in general.
That their gods are nice and do care.
Spoiler: they don't.

>> No.31787837

>>31784615
I thought the Exsanguinators were DEAD. How are they participating in this?!

>> No.31787851
File: 534 KB, 822x580, Slaany is a shota, get rekt futafags.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31787851

>>31783984
>Slaanesh...is ugly in true form
Well only if you dont like shotas, I guess.

>> No.31787873

>>31787731

It would, except that right now, China is still economically small and not technologically advanced relative to the US, who actually does put forward a sizable amount towards R&D. However, the trendline is that if China's growth in these dimensions continues, they will be a much larger economy and wield much better technology than the USA.

Similar to the current disparity between the Tau and IoM. Right now Tau are advanced to the point where they can viably take on the Imperium and win, but they only took 6000 years to get to that point as opposed to the 41,000 years the IoM took. The Imperium is on a relative decline to the Tau Empire, and probably in absolute decline because they're backwards, dark age shitfuckers.

>> No.31787875

>>31787837
Either it was retconned or either they die on their way to the Tau front or they will die fighting the Tau.

>> No.31787883

The Tau are going to be destroyed by the Tyranids. There's no hope for them. They can't outrun the Tyranid Hive Fleets, since they don't have FTL

>> No.31787892

>>31787826
Most other Chaosfags are willing to at least acknowledge the negative aspects of their favorite god, even if they are trying to twist it into something favorable. Slaanfags just outright ignore the wicked shit Slaanesh does and replace it with that shitty Slaanesh persona that the faggot Mr. Culexus spams all the time.

>> No.31787924

>>31787772
>Show me where it doesn't.
Right where it says "ZFR Horizon Drives", more than once.
>I am sticking to it. You are the one who is arguing against it.
No, you aren't. You're claiming things that were never stated. If you want to extrapolate from given numbers, Land Raiders are worse than WWII tanks and lasguns should punch right through riptides. Note the fact that they aren't and don't.

>> No.31787946
File: 219 KB, 686x188, Much of the galaxy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31787946

>>31787817
>Imotekh’s steady march across the galactic plane wove its course even now, out in the depthless tracts of interstellar space where necron tomb ships and harvester cruisers travelled at near-light velocities. The Royarch’s grand schema, embedded in the mindframes of every necron in his service from warlord to drone, was to reunite the scattered, sleeping remnants of their species under his sigil. They had come to the Kavir system in search of the Obsidian Moon, and the Dolmen Gate that lay hidden beneath its surface. The Atun, the dynasty that had built it, was weak and scattered, and the Sautekh had claimed it for themselves.

Necrontyr ruled a galactic empire with an ultimate central authority for thousands of years. Sure, it descended into infighting in the end but it shows that it's possible.

All you need is determination.

>> No.31787967

>>31787946

Kind of a bad argument, in the new fluff the Necrons had non-Warp FTL

>> No.31787973
File: 1.57 MB, 918x647, Noise Marines.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31787973

>>31787892

I like Slaanesh. But I like to downplay his sexual aspects. I focus more on his nature of human obsession and perfection.

Slaanesh is quite simply, the worst Daemon God to worship. He cares nothing at all for the souls of his followers. Does he give the pleasure? Of course, but their pleasure is his. When they die, their pleasure will be greatest, because at that moment, he'll feast on their souls.

Slaanesh is fickle even with his Daemon Princes, whom he demotes back to Chaos Spawn, just because he feels like it.

>> No.31787975

>>31787873
>Tau are advanced to the point where they can viably take on the Imperium and win
No they aren't? They're advanced to the point where they can fight the minor Imperial forces sent their way. As it is, as far as I can tell even this crusade that is meant to CRUSH THEM ONCE AND FOR ALL doesn't even have a full chapter's worth of Marines!

>> No.31787985

>>31787883
>implying the Ethereals won't just subtly mind-control the Tyranids to take a detour around the Tau Empire
>implying the Kroot aren't going to eat some tyranids and grow some new weird overmind that's loyal to the Tau
>implying the Necrons won't show up with the Blood Angels so they can join up with the Tau, kill some Tyranids, and then high-five afterwards

>> No.31787991

>>31784328
I have to say that was the best description of the eldar swim condition I've heard

>> No.31787995

>>31787851
>a young man is a shota

>> No.31788017

>>31787985

Shh, shh it's alright. Join the Biomass.

>> No.31788019

>>31787973
>Slaanesh is fickle even with his Daemon Princes, whom he demotes back to Chaos Spawn, just because he feels like it.
They all do that, especially Tzneech because Muh plot

>> No.31788020

>>31787991
Eldars win*

Don't post with your phone kids

>> No.31788022
File: 102 KB, 429x681, Dolmen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788022

>>31787967
Only the Webway and nothing else.

>> No.31788060

>>31788019

The how come M'Kar stayed around for so long?

>> No.31788065

>>31787975

That's an issue of volume, not of quality, and thus is an issue of relative size of the resources that can be leveraged. Never mind that a Space Marine has billions of dollars worth of resources invested into him and is literally the finest soldier the Imperium can send. So, if the Tau can fuck up a Space Marine, that means they are on a technological level of being capable of fighting the Imperium, in like a 6th of the time it took the Imperium to figure it out. That would imply at least on the face of it that the Tau have a very strong trendline of technological growth over the IoM.

>> No.31788093

>>31787924
>Right where it says "ZFR Horizon Drives", more than once.

Dude...

Those are the drives of the SECOND SPHERE which were near-light.

The Tau upgraded their drives in the TSE and reached greater speeds like I said before.

>No, you aren't. You're claiming things that were never stated.

So are you by claiming the engines and at least I have numbers by my side.

>> No.31788100

>>31788060
He is amusing.

>> No.31788112

>>31788019
See, that's why I like Tzeentch because at least you get the feeling that your life has some meaning, even if it is to further his goals.
There is comfort in knowing you are in your ordained place

>> No.31788119
File: 430 KB, 791x459, TSE Drives.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788119

>>31788093

>> No.31788139

>>31787625
So, this is how this works.

Your autism math based on reality doesn't affect the autism math from a fantasy universe.

If the creators of the fantasy universe say their autism math dictates something a certain way, then it is dictated that way.

Ergo: if GW says that the Tau don't have FTL and then can't into real-world math, the Tau still don't have FTL.

>> No.31788140

>>31788065
>So, if the Tau can fuck up a Space Marine, that means they are on a technological level of being capable of fighting the Imperium
You know who can fuck up a Space Marine? The Scythians. Ever heard of the Scythians?

No?

Exactly.

>> No.31788169

>>31788119
I'm waiting to see where it says "FTL", especially considering they need STASIS CHAMBERS for long voyages!

>> No.31788171

>>31788140

At no point did I say the trendline was a 100% guarantee to continue, I said that if the trendline continues the Tau will be capable of blowing everybody else the fuck out.

>> No.31788189

>>31788139
>Ergo: if GW says that the Tau don't have FTL and then can't into real-world math, the Tau still don't have FTL.

They never said that they don't have FTL (see >>31788119).

Seeing as they can expand rapidly into space and catch up to Imperials forces and give them a hard time, then it doesn't matter if they have FTL or not.

Their current speeds are good enough.

>> No.31788227
File: 175 KB, 851x719, gluttony.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788227

>>31783984
Of COURSE Slaanesh has a lot of sexual, carnal pleasures in it but that's so boring and overdone.

Slaanesh is more about "excess", in whatever arena that may be. Maybe your follower has an insatiable lust for power and control, maybe for money and riches he can never fully spend, perhaps he hoards priceless relics and will stop at nothing to obtain more (sending entire legions to die just to obtain a simple statue). It's all about excess, it doesn't HAVE to be sex and drugs.

Any time I play a Slaaneshi-slanted character in Black Crusade I make him a horrifically fat glutton, a futuristic hedonist from a Roman Vomitorium. The character constantly purchases and consumes fine wines, rich delicacies, and far more food that he can actually digest, letting it drizzle his chins and stain his armor.

Gotta shake things up once in a while, each of the Gods can be seen in unique light. I've played Khornate characters who eschew raw brutality for unceasing conviction in pretensions of 'honor' and 'courage', Nurgle characters who are nothing but husks wrapping a skeleton for their body is a host to vermin and parasites, Tzeentchian introverts completely disconnected from the real world because they only contemplate on the metaphysical and unfathomable in terrifying savant expertise, etc. etc.

>> No.31788236

>>31788189
>They never said that they don't have FTL
They never said they did. Considering that the only word on it is "close to light speed", the burden of canon proof here is on you.

And there is no canon proof

>> No.31788251
File: 705 KB, 758x528, TSE2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788251

>>31788169
Again does it say they don't. Their speeds are efficient enough to allow to mount him hit and run tactics which the Imperium can't mount a defense against.

So...

>especially considering they need STASIS CHAMBERS for long voyages!

Because of their short lived nature more than anything.

>> No.31788254
File: 171 KB, 636x1202, 1394167443926.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788254

>>31787791
But what about the tentacle vagina?!?!

>>31787826
>Implying that having cultist who believe this even though it's obvisoulsy not the truth isn't perfectly grimdark...

>>31787892
Seriously dude, quit hating on ColossalFaggot just because his Waifu harems are popular...
What are you, a damn hipster?

>>31787973
>I like Slaanesh. But I like to downplay his sexual aspects. I focus more on his nature of human obsession and perfection.
You, I like you...
Let's go bake the best fucking cake ever sometime!

>>31788017
...Would the Biomass like some Chaos Cake?

>> No.31788269

>>31788251
>Again does it say they don't
It also doesn't say they don't have Tau versions of Space Marines.

>> No.31788274

>>31783984
>>My cannon is exact and never contridictin

It's canon OP.

C-A-N-O-N

>> No.31788293

>>31788251
>Because of their short lived nature more than anything.
If they have FTL, then the voyages are hardly going to take so long that they need stasis.

>> No.31788318

>>31788236
>Considering that the only word on it is "close to light speed"

That's the stated speed of the SSE drives and not the TSE drives which are said to be quite faster, note that.

>> No.31788326

>>31785420
>implying there's a race with a happier life than orks
They've won. They're having the times of their lives. The eternal war is everything they ever wanted. The orks have always been winning.

>> No.31788347

>>31787973
I get what you're saying, man, but why does no one like to bring up other addictive things that Slaanesh likes? Not just sex, but drugs and martial perfection and sensations and feelings.

You've got a warband that uses electrical pulses to stimulate their nerves for pleasure (also their bodies produce juices?) and otherwise alter their bodies as temples to Slaanesh, a warband that is known to use a LOT of combat drugs, and a warband of cannibals. There's plenty of room for variation!

>> No.31788348

>>31788318
>which are said to be quite faster
.99999999 C is quite a lot faster than .8 C.

>> No.31788354

>>31788326
You

see

>>31786294

Da profit of da Gork and Mork says yoza git.

>> No.31788356

>>31788254

Only if it has cocaine icing

>> No.31788372
File: 128 KB, 1600x710, costume design copy rev3 small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788372

>>31788227
>I've played Khornate characters who eschew raw brutality for unceasing conviction in pretensions of 'honor' and 'courage'
>Khornate Samurai

Welp. I know what my next character is going to be.

>> No.31788374

>>31788347
>You've got a warband that uses electrical pulses to stimulate their nerves for pleasure (also their bodies produce juices?) and otherwise alter their bodies as temples to Slaanesh
Are you saying the Violators of all warbands aren't interested in sex?

>> No.31788404

>>31788227
>Nurgle characters who are nothing but husks wrapping a skeleton for their body is a host to vermin and parasites
That's pretty much what Mortarion looks like. It's hardly new.

>> No.31788405

>>31788372
Samurai equals loyalty, dedication, and above all else, discipline.

Khorne is anathema to all of these.

>> No.31788417
File: 2.85 MB, 510x546, bloody magpies.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788417

>>31786294
But your quote doesn't support that argument. All the orks want is a good fight. A final battle is just another goddamn battle, and they've got more species to krump than just humans.

>> No.31788458

>>31788417
Indeed, all they want is a good fight and that blinded them to their true purpose and destiny.

Good thing Ghaz is here to remind them of it.

Another thing to add to this thread

>People who believe the Beast Waaagh! is the largest in galactic history

Bah!

What morons.

>> No.31788459

>>31788293
If we had stasis chamber, don't you think we would use them to go to Mars, which is 6 months from Earth ? I'm pretty sure we would, it simplify greatly the travels AND save life time.
Also, >>31788119 itself talk about travel that take months or years.

> Tau were near light speed, THEN reach much higher speed.
> Tau are able to fight the FTL Imperium.
> Fluff can't work without tau FTL
Insisting that tau don't have FTL is interpreting the fluff to the express purpose of not making senses while it's clearly understandable.

>> No.31788479

>>31788459
>>>31788119 itself talk about travel that take months or years.
You know what travel takes a few years in the Imperium?

Going one end of the galaxy to the other.

>> No.31788502

>>31788326
I was talking about humans living better under tau/orks/DE or chaos regime than the Imperium. Since the Imperium is "the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable".
I was also being facetious.

>> No.31788515

>>31788227
Slaaneshi adrenaline junkies
Hoarders
Perfectionists like Lucius and Sigvald
Artists

>> No.31788517
File: 24 KB, 272x200, ork_40k_by_nersoxd-d5eb8n8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788517

>>31788458
>implying their destiny isn't just fighting, WAAAAGHing, and having a good time
Zog off, ya git.

>> No.31788523

>>31788356
Well DUH!
Of course!

>> No.31788539

>>31788502
>living under orks
You mean getting shot or painting yourself green and becoming one of da boyz and having a good time?

>> No.31788549

>>31788502
Only the Tau and Necrons would fit with ''regime'', the rest are anarchists

>> No.31788564

>>31788112
That's right. You could literally go and do something entirely random, and it'd cause a change, so Tzeentch would be good with it. Not to mention you get to kill your enemies using a Rube Goldberg machine that Eldrad would evny.

>> No.31788587
File: 25 KB, 640x480, 1397843976179.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788587

>>31784615

>dark hunters

Sounds like an inhouse /tg/ chapter

>> No.31788604

>>31788417
>All the orks want is a good fight.
But that's fucking wrong. Orks want power, they want teeth, they want stuff, they want sensations. Not just fight.

Actually, orks sometime LEAVE FIGHTS. And I'm not talking about some unorky dudes, but Boss. Boss sometime know when to leave a good fight because they risk losing they power, their stuff or even their life. Yes orks can fear death, it's quite usual, especially for the smart one. And you most boss are smart.

>> No.31788623
File: 21 KB, 191x237, Guan-Lol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788623

>>31788515
> Perfectionists like Lucius
This should be in the OP post.
> people who believe Lucius is any good

>> No.31788628

>>31788604
>implying they retreat for any reason other than being able to fight again another day
>implying teef are good for much but getting more dakka
>implying they want power for any reason but fightin'

>> No.31788630

>>31787837
It's one of those minor chapters that no one cares about, they all exist in a state of simultaneous existence and extinction.
Schrodinger's marines, if you will.

>> No.31788634

>>31788374
Considering they seem to consider it sacrilegious to take off their armor in the presence of others? I guess so, yeah. Unless they really like oral.

>> No.31788652

>>31788623
He wants to be the very best swordsman, but I never said he actually is.

>> No.31788671

>>31788587
They are a melee obsessed White Scar successor chapter with a fetish for axes.

>> No.31788700

>>31788587
They're actually pretty cool. Hate machines because they fought a bunch of Chaos tainted machine stuff. White Scars descendants.

>> No.31788708

>>31788628
>Doesn't know that Ork empires exist

>> No.31788730

>>31788140
I don't get how Space Marines are supposed to be these unstoppable badass warmachines that the Imperium spends massive amounts of resources on making, yet every alien and their quadriplegic grandmother can seemingly punch straight through them.

>> No.31788753

>>31788405
Where does it specifically say that Khornate warriors are incapable of discipline? As experts in martial combat it stands to reason that Khorne could exemplify a life that is fully dedicated to the art ot killing more effectively.

And as far as loyalty goes, "Blood for the Blood God" and all that jazz.

>> No.31788765

>>31788730
Plot Armour.
I bet High Lords know about it and therefore know how to use marines.

>> No.31788780

>>31788708
>implying the ork empires revolve around something that isn't waaaagh

>> No.31788789

>>31788753
> Where does it specifically say that Khornate warriors are incapable of discipline? As experts in martial combat it stands to reason that Khorne could exemplify a life that is fully dedicated to the art ot killing more effectively.

Except it can be seen in every khorne worshiper ever :^)

>> No.31788840

>>31788753
>Led into battle in vast legions by the most veteran of their number, the Heralds of Khorne, they tend to march in disciplined regiments accompanied by horns and drums, a living example of Khorne's militarism and a sharp contrast to the armies of other Chaos Gods. However, the craving for skulls, bloodshed and competing for personal glory and the glory of Khorne in battle usually turns this discipline into frenzy once they charge the enemy. Bloodletters are notorious for their fearsome advances and ferociously brutal charges but are also capable of vile and low tactics.

Basically, they can, but it probably doesn't last long because such things get in the way of getting the most kills, and as we all know, potential girlfriends always check out our k/d ratio.

>> No.31788876

>>31788753
Because Khorne doesn't care about it.
He never has, the only thing that matters is that you kill; the complicated shit is grudgingly accepted, but ultimately wins you no favor.

>> No.31788877

>>31788634
Do I have to post the Inquisition War segment about the Slaaneshi dickwolf spawn the Slaaneshi marines use to rape people?

>> No.31788902
File: 45 KB, 656x592, head-cannon.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31788902

>>31785003
>I see it more as a result of GW having a bajillion space marine chapters supposedly existing, but god damn if anything more thank their favorite 5-10 chapters every do anything important. So they have to constantly have them running around the galaxy being everywhere at once...

Which is kind of suspicious when you think about it...

In my headcanon, the Age of Apostasy forced the founding chapters to conclude that normal humans couldn't be trusted to run the Imperium indefinitely. They, along with their more trust worthy successor chapters, began expanding their numbers and now maintain forces far in excess of what is prescribed in the Codex Astartes.

These excessive numbers are concealed by keeping the forces of the Chapters in concerned in constant motion. Any reports of companies bearing the same markings are dismissed as being due to the vagaries of warp travel or simple error on the part of observers. Currently there are 3 million, not 1 million, Astartes active in the galaxy today. The most of the founding chapters are all now operating at approximately half-legion strength; when their co-operative successor chapters are included in the count. How do you think the Ultramarines where able to hold off an entire hive fleet?

Unfortunately the High Lords of Terra have begun to suspect this is the case, which is why they have begun using the Minotaurs more aggressively against other Space Marines, and are increasingly eager to sanction Inquisitorial actions against unmanageable chapters.

>> No.31788925

>>31788840
There was a BL novel, I forgot what it was (Perfection? Maybe?) that featured Khornate warriors who were strictly militaristic, almost mechanical. Sure they were also fast and ruthless, but every swing of their axe was calculated and with purpose rather than wildly flinging.

If it was Perfection I was talking about, they also feature a Slaaneshi character with split-personality, one half of his body was the typical pretty-boy marine who fought elegantly while the other half was barbaric and animalistic with a meat cleaver.

>> No.31789019
File: 1.96 MB, 1096x1616, Sack of Braquiron.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789019

>>31788753
Read this story and you may understand.

>> No.31789046
File: 1.96 MB, 1120x1616, Sack of Braquiron 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789046

>>31789019

>> No.31789070
File: 352 KB, 604x588, Sack of Braquiron Aftermath.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789070

>>31789046

>> No.31789100

>>31788876
>>31788789
>>31788840
>>However, though Khorne is the God of bloody slaughter, he is also the God of martial pride and honour, of those who set themselves against the most dangerous foes and earn victory against the odds. A devotee of Khorne is as likely to be an honourable champion in combat as a blood-crazed slaughterer. Khornates take no artful approach to killing, seeking only to slay rather than to inflict pain, because while the blood of their victims strengthens Khorne, their suffering actually empowers his nemesis Slaanesh.

All this says to me is that Khornate warriors have a policy of "one slice, one kill" which, coincidentally, is also a principle of samurai bushido.

I think the take-away is that Khorne followers don't really fight with flourish like Slaaneshi followers do, they don't revel in watching their opponent die slowly. They're very matter-of-fact: I will kill you, then move on to kill the next person.

I don't see it as a big problem to play a Khorne follower as martial champion as long as his craft is strictly to rack up the body count faster and not to engage in unnecessary swordplay.

>> No.31789187
File: 74 KB, 255x657, khorne's nature.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789187

>>31789100
Uh huh.

>> No.31789191
File: 65 KB, 640x600, 1398180902786.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789191

Why should followers of Chaos Gods be one-dimensional?

>> No.31789195

>>31789100
You could always play them as the obnoxious dudebro sniper that seems to be prevalent in every fucking shooter game these days
>DID YOU SEE THAT SHIT, BRO! NOSCOPED HIM RIGHT IN THE FUCKING DOME! KHORNES THRONE IS GONNA HAVE SOME NEW CUPHOLDERS TONIGHT, BRO!

>> No.31789204
File: 65 KB, 440x270, 2014-04-29_030438.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789204

>>31789100
> they don't revel in watching their opponent die slowly. They're very matter-of-fact: I will kill you, then move on to kill the next person.
Khorne's sacred champion desagrees with you.

>> No.31789241

>>31789191
Because this is their role in the setting.
Lolevul badguys.

>> No.31789262

>>31789204
Slaanesh is pleased

>> No.31789273

>>31789187
>Khorne has wet dreams about Slaanesh

I am sure she is flattered.

>> No.31789287

>>31789204
To be fair that's pretty much "I kill you and move onto the next person to kill them"

A Slaaneshi champion would play guitar chords on the victim's intestines.

>> No.31789296

>>31788227
vomitorium refers to an exit way for a building

>> No.31789306
File: 14 KB, 316x341, 1398033821619.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789306

>>31789273
>She

>> No.31789317

>>31789046
Are bloodthirsters small ass in Fantasy?
Because to be fought this way he should be not really bigger than human.
His palm even small enough to fit on dude's neck.

>> No.31789378

>>31789317
Welcome to Fantasy Fluff.

>> No.31789382
File: 2.21 MB, 1120x1616, Chaos Unleashed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789382

>>31789317
They look the same size as 40K.

>> No.31789438

>>31789191
Indeed, we should at LEAST be two-dimensional!

>>31789241
No Imperial Dog, it is YOU who is the badguy!

>> No.31789446

>>31789273
>she

>> No.31789462

>>31789306
>>31789446
But Gav told me "it" sounds uncool!

>> No.31789488

>>31789446
>>31789306
Look the Eldar gave birth to Slaanesh. I think they had a good look of what's between her legs hence why they call their Warp spawned baby ''She who thirsts''.

>> No.31789505

>>31789195
Welp, I have my next character.

>> No.31789510

>>31789488
They also call him the Prince of Excess. Also, see >>31787851

>> No.31789534

>>31789488
That's because there's no such thing as a male elf and eldar are space elves.

>> No.31789564
File: 1.18 MB, 320x159, Knife lunge.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789564

>>31789505
>has an arsenal of pre-heresy guns
>only ever uses his knife because it's ''pro''

>> No.31789566

>>31789273
>>31789306
>>31789446
>Implying all the Chaos Gods aren't qt Goddesses...
...Do you even Heretic?

>> No.31789578

>>31789510
They also call her the Mother of Khaine.

A dude can't be a mom!

>> No.31789579
File: 44 KB, 441x599, 441px-Hormogaunt_by_kriegsmachine14.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789579

>all these people actually thinking they won't fall prey to The Great Devourer
>mfw

>> No.31789586

>>31789578
You underestimate eldar.

>> No.31789594

>>31789578
>A dude can't be a mom!
Bigoted cis scum pls go.

>> No.31789619
File: 163 KB, 1024x673, wrong-galaxy-motherfucker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789619

>>31789579
> tyranids
> capable

>> No.31789624
File: 3.31 MB, 1152x1728, SFW Lictor 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789624

>>31789579
>ll these people actually thinking they won't fall prey to The Great Devourer
I'd fall prey to her any day, if you know what I mean...

>> No.31789685
File: 23 KB, 400x365, Tyranid_Warrior.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789685

>>31789624
cut that out you
>>31789619
>spice marineers
>capable

>> No.31789698

>>31789564
>Looks down upon bolters and lasguns because they're "no-skill noob weapons"

>> No.31789731

>>31789698
>after he gets enough kills, Khorne grants him some warp beasts and if he does even better, he gets to call down an airstrike from a heldrake

>> No.31789787

>>31789685
Your codex tells another story :^)

>> No.31789829
File: 430 KB, 500x457, giantdad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789829

>>31789731
>wields a chain-zweihander, constantly questions people about their rings

>> No.31789843

>>31789829
>has Feel No Pain, because the legend never dies

>> No.31789858

>>31789843
> not It Will Not Die
You had one job.

>> No.31789873

>>31789787
sh-shut up
you're just mad you don't have a
um

>> No.31789902
File: 250 KB, 800x449, Fail nation.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789902

>>31789858
I have dishonored my famiry

>> No.31789916
File: 144 KB, 767x858, Calgar apoc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789916

>>31789619
>pictured, Calgar moments before using his famous power gauntlet spin attack to annihilate all the filthy xenos around him, for only the God of War himself should have the honour of besting a fiendish foe of such musculous might

>> No.31789943

>>31784092
>1.7m
I thought gretchin were meant to be really short?

>> No.31789954

>>31789858
>Our Weapons Are Useless
>"It's After Me!"
>Very Bulky
>Terror From The Deep
>Relentless
>Rage
I want to stop but I can't

>> No.31789976
File: 226 KB, 3000x1650, confused3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31789976

>>31789916
> mfw this picture was made because of me

>> No.31790113

>>31789954
>He accuses tau of being "aimbot using noobscrubs"

>> No.31790124

>>31784846
>The same could be said for the Eldar
No it couldn't the Eldar are responsible for the creation of the Eye of Terror and the subsequent Age of Strife, one of if not the most significant events in the history of the setting. Tau on the other hand have achieved absolutely nothing of any real significance outside of their backyard ever.

>Also Orks
Now you're just trolling.

>> No.31790494

>>31790124
>No it couldn't the Eldar are responsible for the creation of the Eye of Terror and the subsequent Age of Strife, one of if not the most significant events in the history of the setting.
While I sort of agree with you, the same could be said of the Old Ones, but they aren't playable.

>> No.31790564

>>31789564
>dat gif
How in the fuck?

>> No.31790628

Matthew Ward is satan incarnate, just saying

>> No.31790648

>>31790564

I think he fired a bullet and switched to the knife almost instantly, causing the game to treat the bullet hitting as him attacking with his knife.

>> No.31790656

>>31790494
Yes because they're extinct or they left the galaxy or something. Also weren't their only ever like a tiny number of them? You can't really compare the two.

>> No.31790677
File: 136 KB, 170x342, bona fide expert.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31790677

>>31790628

>> No.31790724
File: 18 KB, 299x222, isntthatagirlsname.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31790724

>>31790677
>Robin

>> No.31790745

>>31787851
does this mean Khorne wants his boypussy

>> No.31790867

why would Khorne want boypussy? that is the territory of that faggot Slaanesh

>> No.31791268

>>31784524
The Tau way out in the Imperial fringes, hard to really attack them wholesale without stretching yourself thin.

The only real threat they have to the Imperium is the fact that they are an actual alternative to the Imperium that doesn't involve chaos.

>> No.31791318

>>31784458
It just seems like he and that DoW book author have a fetish for killing SoBs and Eldar respectively.

>> No.31791503

>I hate Matt Ward because /tg/ and 1d4chan told me to
He's not too bad, just don't put him around SoBs, Ultras, or Grey Knights and you'll be fine
>Slaanesh has _nothing_ to do with sex or drugs and is ugly in true form and is worst god and I hate them and they smell bad
though the opposite extreme is also a problem
>Slaanesh is all about sex and drugs and nothing else every follower is addicted to heroine and crack, she's a beautiful dickgirl and just staring at her makes you want to suck her cock
>The Imperioum is terrible everywhere for everyone everywhere all the time
When everyone talks about how GRIMDARK your setting is such misconceptions are understandable
>My cannon is exact and never contridicting, yours is wrong and worthless and could never exist in the vastness of a galaxy
40k will never have good canon, it isn't the setting for that
>Tau are going to win in the end
Some people are optimists like that
>40k
>winning

>> No.31791554

>>31791503
>just staring at her makes you want to suck her cock
That part is canon.

>> No.31791654
File: 5 KB, 155x159, Lewdness Intensifies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31791654

>>31791554
...Why is it never her tits anyways?
I mean, they are freaking PERFECT TITS!!!

>> No.31791695

>>31791554
>her
No it isn't. The only times Slaanesh has ever done the insta-seduction thing, it has always in been the visage of a young, innocent looking man.

>> No.31791707

>>31791503
One thing I don't get about Slaanesh

So Slaanesh is the goddess of excess, and the dark mechanicus is all about tech heresy, so how come the Darkmechs surpassing the Imperium technologywise. How come fluff seems to indicate that they are more incompetent than their loyalist counterparts especially the Slaaneshi ones which are all about making the ultimate shit?

>> No.31791726

>>31791695
>No it isn't
Slaanesh is hermaphroditic.

>> No.31791748

>>31791726
>I cant read
You must be a Slaaneshi cultist, because you are excessively retarded.

>> No.31791768

>>31791748
I'm also right.

>> No.31791774

>>31791554
Also have they ever revealed the appearance of the chaos gods. I mean I always thought they didn't really have a form they were just chaos incarnate.

maybe in WFB but 40k I never heard them revealing what they looked like.

>> No.31791802
File: 509 KB, 380x177, Give_it_to_me.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31791802

>>31791654
Someone's neglecting the titties?

>> No.31791840
File: 84 KB, 335x460, SlaaneshArt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31791840

>>31791774
I remember Khorne looks mildly orky due to how much violence and bloodshed orks cause, but that was fluff from back when Slaanesh looked like this.

Nurgle looks like Great Unclean Ones. Well I guess its technically the other way around, but you get the idea.

>> No.31791841
File: 221 KB, 600x891, chaos gods.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31791841

>>31791774

>> No.31791890
File: 851 KB, 801x572, khorne_by_alexboca-d792xv6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31791890

>>31791840
Hardly old fluff.

>> No.31791901

>>31791890
Now he just looks like horny Sauron.

>> No.31791946

>>31791841
Thing I don't get about Tzeentch is that he looks oddly symmetrical for a guy that likes random so much.

Personally, I think he'd either switch from form to form, or he'd just keep it all shrouded so we can't see it and spend time debating over it instead of realizing his armies are taking over.

>> No.31791950

>>31791901
might as well

>> No.31791986

>Tau are going to win in the end

The Tau Fatherland will raze and salt the fields of the God-Emperor's Reich, storm Terra with their anti-Titan tanks, and keep the Sol System as a trophy for the Tauviet regime

>> No.31791994
File: 229 KB, 652x964, Tzeentch3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31791994

>>31791946
He does, but this is his favored one.

>> No.31792184
File: 90 KB, 750x927, 1398559889003.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792184

>>31791802
A TERRIBLE CRIME!!!

>> No.31792275

>>31791994
You'd honestly think he'd look a little more like a bird...

I would especially love that because in the Tale of Two Heads Talking, said librarian thinks that the Deathwing, the eagle steed of the Emperor, comes to carry his soul away. If it was actually Tzeentch the whole time I would laugh.

>> No.31792306

>>31792275
>You'd honestly think he'd look a little more like a bird...
Horrors don't look like birds.

He's a giant horror covered in faces.

>> No.31792352
File: 519 KB, 885x884, Lordofchange.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792352

>>31792306

>> No.31792379

>>31791994

I can't help but think of Falkor the Luckdragon when I look at those tendrils

>> No.31792430
File: 44 KB, 155x200, 1397349927292.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792430

>>31792184
Okay, don't get me wrong, she's got a great body, her hips especially are wonderful, but her face is kind of scary. Is it supposed to be a grin?

>> No.31792438

>>31790745
Khorne wants his boypussy more than any man has ever wanted boypussy.

>> No.31792487

>>31788877
Y-yes... please?

>> No.31792526
File: 109 KB, 1024x911, Quake_Redux__Yog_Sothoth_by_SanityCleaver.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792526

>>31791946
I always imagined him more like Yog Sothoth.
An Irridescent mass that constantly shimmers and changes, flowing together and splitting apart at random, it's surface rippling and bubbling with voids and protrusions that run and harden and melt away again like molten wax.

>> No.31792550

>>31791707
Loyalist Mechanicus just don't invent shit

Dark Mechanicus invent CRAZY shit, and probably have rediculously high mortality rates.

Especially Slaaneshi ones. I mean, you can only try to create the perfect explosive so far before you blow your fucking lab to hell

>> No.31792570
File: 137 KB, 800x401, dickwolves.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792570

>>31788877
I'm legitimately curious. Like, not even in a Slaaneshi way. Do it.

>> No.31792578

>>31791841
nurgle's symbol is a dick in that picture

>> No.31792604

>>31792570
>>31792487
>A stretch of side wall had partially collapsed. Through the resulting gap, from behind a baffler of marble debris, Jaq and the Eunuchs were witnesses to vile revelry in the once-delightful plaza outside where terracotta urns of floral shrubs lay shattered.

>Were the screaming tethered female prisoners hallucinating while abominations were perpetrated slowly and perversely upon their flesh? The Slaaneshi Chaos Marines had certainly used hallucinogenic grenades - as well as boltguns and meltaguns and terrible chainswords, and heavier weaponry too. Were hallucinogens intensifying the already appalling sight, and the implacable cruel touch, of pastel-hued armour exquisitely damascened with debauchery upon the breast plates and the shoulders? Was that which was already monstrous being multiplied far beyond the brink of sanity?

>A few tormentors had shed items of armour, exposing grotesquely mutated rampant groins, their organs of pleasure bifurcated and more, with squinting eyes sprouting from them, and with drooling lips.

>Others had no need to shed armour. Chaos Spawn had materialized: wolf-sized creatures with legs of spiders and bodies of imps, with questing tentacles and phallic tubes. Jaq himself almost believed that he was hallucinating. A snake-like umbilical cord connected these spawn to the swollen groin-guards of their master - who stood back, roaring and whinnying with delight, as they guided the spawn in the ravishing of their captives, soaking up the sensations of these roving external members.

>> No.31792616

>>31784270
>Eldrad
>Mr. tell Fulgrim that his second best bro is a traitor
>Not using his psychic powers to see that Fulgrim was already corrupted anyway

>> No.31792618

>>31792578
It's a mushroom. Yeah, a poisonous mushroom that breaks down dead and decaying things. It fits.

Captcha: careful mocksmaim

You're right, captcha. Don't mock, or you get hurt.

>> No.31792635
File: 478 KB, 1600x1482, 1396994915286.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792635

>>31792570

>raped to sleep

>> No.31792650

>>31792618
its a dick and balls.

>> No.31792697
File: 69 KB, 395x578, 1397881728658.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792697

>>31792578

The fact that you see a dick says more about you than it does the picture.

>> No.31792902
File: 73 KB, 400x557, 1365108885937.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792902

>>31792430
>not liking orcish snu-snu faces
Really though, your first mistake was resonding to the gigafaggot known as NiceDaemonette, the fat, sweaty man who roleplays as a lesbian fuckdemon in every thread he posts in.

>> No.31792923
File: 175 KB, 884x903, 1394987714001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792923

>>31792430
...I think... maybe?

Hard to tell with Orks...

>>31791707
>>31792550
Yeah, being a Heretek means you get the chance to make awesome shit, but said awesome shit often becomes self aware and turns on you.
I mean, the setting had ONE galactic robot war already man...

>>31792604
...And not a SINGLE Tentacle Pussy...
Do they EVEN Slaanesh?

>> No.31792972
File: 76 KB, 640x478, 1897748_660088554036779_1695305677_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31792972

>>31792902
Hm. Well, mistakes were made, I suppose.

If it helps any, that 'orcish snu-snu face' in your pic is much more appealing and less scary. Also doesn't look like she's staring into my soul.

>> No.31792980

>>31792902
...Who are you calling FAT?!?!

>> No.31792982

>>31792923
>Hard to tell with Orks
Thats an orc, shitdick, not an ork. I should know, I requested the fucking thing.

>> No.31793017

>>31792982
Po-tae-to, po-ta-to...

>> No.31793041
File: 309 KB, 503x850, Femork.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793041

>>31792972
The other one does look mildly...coked out. But hey, thats orcs for you. Once they get their zerker rage on, aint nothing that can stop em.

>> No.31793137
File: 67 KB, 380x438, 1396401706964.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793137

>>31793041
Stawp it anon! You're going to make me hesitate to fight Orcs next time I get in a fight!

>> No.31793177
File: 126 KB, 282x551, 1391805540134.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793177

>>31793137
Why the hell are you even thinking that an Orc, of any creed or gender, would show you mercy or even bother to take you prisoner? You either kill them wholesale or you die a coward.

>> No.31793179
File: 750 KB, 1024x768, 1386462231614.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793179

>>31793137
You call it fighting, they call it foreplay.

>> No.31793211
File: 513 KB, 900x869, wow__orc_girl_by_lp_slash_queen-d3carij.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793211

>>31793137
>>31792972

>> No.31793223
File: 61 KB, 396x395, 1346702638718.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793223

>>31793179
Sheit. I have some orcs to apologize to.

That really explains why that orc accused me of attempting to ruin his daughter's chances at marriage. And was that gladiator fight a marriage ceremony?

>> No.31793247

Post to get this spree of shitposting one post closer to bump limit

>> No.31793272

>>31793223
>And was that gladiator fight a marriage ceremony?
It was also the honeymoon.

>> No.31793328
File: 172 KB, 1000x1125, 1398117061901.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793328

>>31793211
>>31793272
Then why was she mad when I won?!?

Also seriously /tg/ where are you hiding all this stuff this is oddly beautiful yet creepy

>> No.31793397
File: 455 KB, 1000x1286, 1386489163839.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793397

>>31793328
>Then why was she mad when I won?!?
Because winner gets to top, and she RESLLY wanted to grind your pelvis into the dust.
>Also seriously /tg/ where are you hiding all this stuff this is oddly beautiful yet creepy
If you mean the pictures, Ive just collected them over the years on 4chan. Some of which were drawn right here on /tg/

>> No.31793527

>>31784459
>-Eldrad Ulthran, GW Shill

>> No.31793547

>>31793328
Just be glad it wasn't a misunderstanding with kobolds. Or goblins.

>> No.31793551
File: 149 KB, 478x523, 1396206971141.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793551

>>31793397
Maybe I should have let her won...

Still, more seriously, thank you for shedding a new light on Orcs. Serious. I've been looking at how to spice up my games of TES; maybe actually trying the Orcs out for once won't be too bad? I don't need magic that much anyway.

>> No.31793613

>>31785383
>Correction Throne
What in the fuck is that?

>> No.31793672

>>31793613
Probably what it sounds like. You break a rule, you go to a chair that tortures you for a while.

>> No.31793700
File: 314 KB, 661x935, 1396312638229.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793700

>>31793551
>Maybe I should have let her won...
That wouldve just made her angrier. Winning makes her angry in a loving, brutal not-exactly-hatesex kinda way, while going easy on her will just make her American boxart Kirby pissed. Any good relationship is founded on truths, not lies, whether its an honest statement or an honest punch.
>TES Orcs
Fun as fuck in my experience. Skyrims beserk mode was hype as shit.

>> No.31793835

>>31792923
I wonder if AM exists somewhere in the Warp.

>> No.31793887

>>31793835
>I wonder if AM exists somewhere in the Warp.
He would be a Tzeentchi daemon prince, due to all the manipulation and mindfuckery he pulls, let alone the actual physical change he forces on others.

>> No.31793899

>>31791268
>The only real threat they have to the Imperium is the fact that they are an actual alternative to the Imperium that doesn't involve chaos.

Remarkable shortsightedness on the part of the Tau.
Tau plot armor has them being "immune" to the lure of Chaos for whatever bullshit reason. The whole "no soul = can't be corrupted" excuse is incredibly weak when you consider how AIs and machinery can be corrupted by Chaos and they obviously have no souls.

Fine. We can accept that Tau are the biggest asspull in 40k history because GW decided to have a special snowflake race that was immune to the rules of the setting.

Tau claim they welcome humans into their Empire, and want humans to thrive under their dominion. Fine.

Humans are susceptible to the lure of Chaos, and humans breed uncontrolled psykers.

Unless the Tau exterminate humans when they become inconvenient subjects, Chaos will blossom. Psykers will multiply unchecked. The only way they can stop this is to keep the Imperial heretic and witch hunting institutions in place, because there's no way the Tau would be able to sniff that stuff out because of the same reasons why they're not "susceptible to corruption." And that would involve huge numbers of Inquisitors turning traitor for no other reason than "OH TAU SOCIETY IS SO LIBERATING"

And let's not forget - if GW fluff is to remain in any way consistent, Alpha Legion trolls will quickly infiltrate the newly "liberated" Imperial worlds and steal them from under the noses of the clueless Tau, if they had noses.

>> No.31793960
File: 98 KB, 795x1041, 1393300506797.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31793960

>>31793700
I always played Breton (aside from a few attempts at a sneaky Khajjit). I loved being a 'battlemage,' using mostly magic for long ranged attacks and supporting stuff, but I couldn't ever keep up with the spells. With arms and armor, you level up enough, you find the newest best armor. With magic, you have to actually flex your magical muscle and buy some spells/ find the proper spellbooks.

Oblivion was where I started, and I love it, but to be honest Skyrim does make the process a bit easier, since rather than only being able to buy spells from stores you can find them in books. Even if now I can't use a sword, shield, AND magic...

Still, there was a beatiful moment once in Oblivion where while going through a cave, I gathered together a full set of steel armor, a silver warhammer, and an enchanted steel helmet called the 'Witchhunter's Helm.' I knew exactly what I had to do.

Anyway, going all out melee sounds badass, so I'll give Orcs a try.

>> No.31794045

>>31793899
I always wanted some fluff or a story about how the Tau deals with their Auxiliaries.

Most interesting part of the Tau is that they are basically a Xeno federation and GW barely talks about the the guys (I mean the they sort of do it for the Kroot, but I want more).

>> No.31794095
File: 268 KB, 763x1000, 1389586021222.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31794095

>>31793960
I played a heavily armored Orcish punchmaster in Oblivion and Morrowind, though I had to upgrade to a claymore for Skyrim due to no unarmed skill.

Thanks Obamathesda!

>> No.31794116

>>31794045
That's something I like about the Tau - in another universe, they'd just be a generic fantasy race. But here, they're something that's so different from everything else, it really stands out.

Personally, I think it's more like how the Romans treated auxiliaries - here's the main legions, and lump any extra local troops on that you can gather. It makes sense, especially since Tau seem to trust the mobility of their military over static defenses.

>> No.31794138

>>31793835
>>31793887
Indeed, either that or Khorne, what with all the HATE!!!

>>31794045
>Most interesting part of the Tau is that they are basically a Xeno federation
...So that explains the rift between the followers of Farsight and Shadowsun...

>> No.31794328

>>31785383
Note the key lines - " 'You will do as I do.' "
and
he "led them out into the battlefield."

A good Commissar can motivate his men through many methods - fear is just one of them. Any ruthless bastard can execute cowards by the dozen and force his men to fight like automatons out of fear of an inglorious death. A great Commissar, on the other hand, is a hero who inspires others to follow by his example.

>> No.31794347
File: 835 KB, 639x859, 1393397214490.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31794347

>>31794095
Oh gawsh, you have to tell me more about this. I've never even attempted to go with an unarmed character. Were you like a monk, or did you use heavy armor? Was blocking at all helpful? Did you ever break and have to use a weapon?

Also, is there seriously no unarmed skill in Skyrim? Hell. Personally, the thing that angered me most about Skyrim was that they changed how the sign of the Lord worked - In Oblivion, it was this uber-useful healing spell that made me much hardier early game and even late game made a restoration skill nearly unnecessary.

>> No.31794436

>>31794347
>Were you like a monk, or did you use heavy armor
Heavy armor, none of that dancing about in leathers or glass. Though in Morrowind I went with unarmored so that I could get away with fighting shirtless.
>Was blocking at all helpful?
Surprisingly, sort of.
>Did you ever break and have to use a weapon?
I did have to use minor healing soells and ootions in Oblivion due to how shitty the scaling system worked, and I think I did end up keeping an enchanted silver axe on hand for ghosts and shit, but I would straight punch ogres to death.

>> No.31795149

>>31793899
When machines get corrupted it's usual through ritual or a because a strong taint of Chaos it nearby. Why the Tau are less likely to be corrupted is being they are extremely dedicated to the Greater Good, happy with their lives, (as the Tzeentcian daemon puts it) can hide their emotions well, and, last but not least , the ethereals.

As for humans living in the Tau Empire? Chaos usually needs strife to prosper in human society and seeing the Tau make it a point to make the lives of the human better there will be little strife for humans to suffer through. If that doesn't work, then the converted Inquisitorial agents in their empire will help out in pacifying any tendrils of Chaos.

>> No.31795193

>>31794045>I was relocated to Dal’yth, along with a lot of other Fasters. I’m not complaining. Good luck turning it around, I say. You’re welcome to it.

>I’ve been back here on Dal’yth these last five months… a half tau’cyr, convalescing. They’ve got me working alongside the water caste in the acclimatisation programme, dealing with new commonwealth citizens relocated from across the Damocles Gulf. I watched the gue’la coming in from Mu’gulath Bay. Pale, half-starved, terrified. Watching their fear go is the most remarkable thing. Watching their amazement grow is the second most remarkable thing. I thought Gormen’s Fast was a dump, but compared to the hives of Agrellan, it was okay, and this place is a paradise.

>You give us all a choice, but there really is no choice, not a real one. I know that.

>remember when Hincks got it, gunned down by those swine outside of Hive Chaeron. I went to see his widow a few days ago. Nice place she’s got now. Good support from the sept authorities. Hincks’s kids are growing up to be model citizens. His boy says he wants to go into the gue’vesa auxiliaries like his uncle Jathen. He’s a healthy lad, tall and strong. I can’t help think what kind of life he’d have back on Gormen’s Fast. Probably be half-blind from working in the gossamer plants. Or dead. And yet there he is, cared for and fed and as strong as an ambull calf. Remarkable.

>I’m still waiting for the catch.

Check out the Damocles novel for more.

>> No.31795709

>>31795149
What about the Tzeentchian Greater Daemon that exists and works through information? The Tau wouldn't be prepared for such a bug in their system.

>> No.31796274

>>31791774
Khorne has a throne that he sits on. I imagine the Chaos Gods take whatever fucking form they want. IIRC Slaanesh has some psyker child or something that it

>> No.31796653

>>31796274
The Changeling put a Nurgling on Khorne's throne once.

>> No.31797101

>>31784428
He's done good to Fantasy lately.
He wrote all three Elf books, buffing the shit out of the poor neglected Wood Elves and giving (slight) nerfs to the ultra-OP High Elves.

>> No.31797357

>>31787793
Well it wasn't Random

there was a clear reason why. Grey Knights are resistant to daemon/warp powers/weapons but not totally immune. The Bloodtide is too powerful so they killed some Nuns because that gives them a power up. As Imperial Cult is a martyrdom one it works.

The only real issues is not saying the Sisters gave their lives willing

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action