Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 165 KB, 823x1162, Sanguinius.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31668433 No.31668433 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

For me its Sanguinius, Magnus, and Perturabo

Leman Russ a shit

>> No.31668576

John Cena

>> No.31668712

>>31668576

People still watch wrestling?

>> No.31668901

>>31668712
I wish

>> No.31671663

Vulkan

>> No.31671853

Sanguinius, Vulkan, Rogal Dorn, Angron, Konrad Curze

>> No.31672138

Horus, Lorgar, Angron and, Guilliman

>> No.31672200

>>31668433
To make it more interesting tell us why your favorite Primarch is your favorite.

>> No.31673533
File: 383 KB, 3000x1810, 1337918243596.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31673533

>'Blood for the Blood God! A Skull for the Skull Throne!'

>As the daemon howled in triumph over him, Sanguinius drew on his last reserves of strength and power. With a massive effort, he painfully rose to face Ka'banda for the last time.

>'Your cry of victory is mistimed, daemon. I am not finishbed. My vengenace has yet to be taken. I shall not fall at this hour, nor to your bloodied hand.' At this, Sanguinius leapt at the daemon and, seizing it by the wrist and ankle, he raised the beast up high and smashed it down across his knee. The crack of its back breaking shook the masonry upon which they stood and echoed across the Palace grounds, the hordes below watching in silence.

>Sanguinius, now terrible in aspect, lifted the carcass of the daemon above his head. An arc of power danced on his brow as he swung the body around and hurled the broken behemoth into the midst of the daemon's followers. The traitors beat their chests and wailed in dismay. The Blood Angels cheered and the Ultimate Gate was shut tight against the ravening hordes.

>> No.31673779

>>31673533
Yis.

Mine are Ferrus Manus and Vulkan. For they understood the importance of mechanized warfare and machines.

Ferrus was a craftsman and honorable man like no other.

Vulkan was a hero of the common man. An exemplar of what a space marine should be.

>> No.31673788

Alpharius

Ignoring the twin aspect his original story is appealing. While the others were corrupted, depressed or tricked/forced to join Horus, Alpharius literally saw it as a challenge and took it.

Now the new story is even better. He just stands out as the actual intelligent Primarch. He isn't directed by his emotions and the like. He does the logical thing and commits to it in a way no other Primarch/Legion does.

Love him so much I am rejoinging 40K (well 30K) to play him.

>> No.31674560
File: 1.83 MB, 1041x924, Lorgar_Aurelian_sketch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31674560

Lorgar, pre-heresy. I fell in love with him when he smeared ash on his face & forgive him for everything thereafter. It took me a long time to stop hating Guilliman for being so cold to him that day.

Then Dorn & Perturabo & Corax.

>> No.31674847
File: 23 KB, 290x300, Disgusting+heresy+_684d931d41afe8a247e774783ca0ef2e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31674847

Heretic here, faves are Lorgar, Perturabo, Angron In that order. Side note, absolutely hate Girlyman( Because he thinks his shit doesn't stink) and the Lion(He seems like a colossal douche in everything I've read of him).

Lorgar: I'm a sucker for antiheroes who do what they have to for the bigger picture, and I'm also a huge fan of the paladin/crusader holy warrior idea. To top things off, I'm a big fan of his legion and the tats.

Perturabo: I love siege craft, and his sob story (along with my disdain for Big E) just gave him alot of sympathy for how he and his legion were fucked over by the Empire. Also, he has the mightiest hammer this side of the Milky Way.

Angron: The best barbarous primarch, the best berserker, and after betrayer, the one primarch that actually called Girlyman out on being such a shit during a glorious battle speech in a way that still makes my hair stand up when reading it.

I guess that the primarchs I like best are the ones with the best reasons(in my eyes) to turn against the false emperor, and I can relate to.(Also, they seem pretty bad ass enough)

>> No.31677886

Marneus Augustus Calgar.

>> No.31677933

>>31668433
Corax and the Lion. Everyone else is either tactically one-dimensional or Alpharius.

>> No.31678139

Perturabo, Lorgar and Alpharius

>> No.31679383
File: 304 KB, 500x499, Primarca_Lion_El'Jonson_Wikihammer_40k[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31679383

Another fight, eh? I'll be over here

>> No.31679432

Angron and Alpharius.

They're both actually interesting.

Magnus the Red comes in a somewhat distant third.

>> No.31679504

I love Leman Russ', but fuck Leman Russ.

I like Magnus before he went emo-traitor, when he was just a confused boy who wanted his daddy to praise him for his fancy tricks.

>> No.31679584

>>31668433
Sanguinius, Vulkan, Corax, and Dorn are my favorites.

I like Curze and Magnus out of the traitors, and I want to feel bad for Fulgrim, but can't.

>> No.31679622

Magnus, Pert, Roboute.

>> No.31679625
File: 290 KB, 1250x750, Signusianclash.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31679625

>>31673533
>If you truly do hail from the realm that men once called hell, when you return there, tell your kindred it was Sanguinius who threw you back.

>> No.31679772

>>31673533
Wait, is ythat from a book ? Has BL released a novel about the siege of Terra ?

>> No.31680046

>>31679584
>I want to feel bad for Fulgrim, but can't.
Why would you want to feel sorry for a pretentious asshole who turned into a backstabbing asshole?

>> No.31680076

Magnus the red.

>> No.31680104
File: 510 KB, 800x1173, Curze.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31680104

Curze. Incredible vision and aspiration to start (even if his methods were rather brutal), but also a fundamentally broken man; a textbook tragic hero.

>> No.31680143
File: 160 KB, 487x988, Mortarion,_Prince_of_Decay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31680143

>>31674847
>Angron: The best barbarous primarch
look at this maggot

LITERAL barbarian coming through

>> No.31680225

Sanguinius.

He held the gate by himself. None could match him in combat. He went to battle Horus knowing he would die. He damaged Horus who was all hyped on Chaos and after fighting the whole siege and holding the gate. He was pretty much Emperor jr.


I also like Dorn but without the mustache. Also I like Magnus and his drive for knowledge and knowing all things. I like what they've been doing with Angron lately plus he's the reason that Kharn is the way he is, who is a pretty swell guy.

>> No.31680236

>>31680225
> None could match him in combat
Angron could.

>> No.31680248

2 and 11.

>> No.31680273

>>31673788
>actual intelligent Primarch
>Hey Alphy, aliens here, turn to Chaos because reasons.
>Seems legit. Okay!

>> No.31680275

>>31680248

I bet you think you're funny.

>> No.31680315
File: 325 KB, 497x500, roboute_guilliman_by_noldofinve-d4z1iya.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31680315

>>31674847
>glorious battle speech
"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."

Best primarch representing, Lord Commander of the Imperium and the man who pretty much singlehandedly saved the human race. Guy kept his shit together, got the largest legion, conquered the third most worlds, left them in the best shape, wrote the greatest tactical treatise ever in his space time, all while making his mini-empire a utopia.

Only Sanguinius could possibly compare because everyone loved Sanguinus.

>> No.31680335

>>31680315
Basically this.
All the Angrons speach meanwhile is literally "I'm so butthurt you faggot had better childhood".

>> No.31680345

>>31680225

>None could match him in combat
>Knowing Horus would straight up murder his ass

One of these things is not like the other

>> No.31680351

>>31680335
It's funny because Corax was a slave too and actually, you know, succeeded.

>> No.31680356

>>31680345
Chaos Horus isn't Horus.

>> No.31680360
File: 99 KB, 650x535, Cataphractii_CamillarusTerm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31680360

>>31680273
>"There are only two foreseeable outcomes. Either Horus defeats the Emperor and destroys Chaos as he self-destructs, or else the Emperor defeats Horus but is ruined in the process, thus dooming the galaxy to ten thousand years of painful-"
>"Hold up. How about instead of joining Horus I throw in with the good guys so that instead of 9 legions on 9 it's 10 against 8 and my boys use their specialty to sabotage the rebel groups so that Horus gets his ass fried without ever putting the Emperor in danger."
>"Well....well uh...uh...y-you see"
>"Oh right, because then humanity would recover and we'd go back to stomping you alien faggots into the ground instead of eating ourselves to death while you watch."
>"It...look it's very complicated, you see-"
>"Well don't you worry, because I've got a contingency for days like this. I call it the Alpharius fastball."
>"...what's a-"
>"Lernaean squads open fire."

>> No.31680390

>>31680356

Doesn't change a damn thing. It still means that he could be matched in combat.

>> No.31680395
File: 55 KB, 501x575, mad tau.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31680395

>>31680360

>> No.31680518

>people love Magnus
>he is notable for being smart and knowledgeable
>has the patience of a child between ages 5 and 10
>gets played like a clown
>tempted with power becomes a drooling retard
>arrogant
I.... wanted to like him /tg/ but....

>> No.31680563

>>31680518
in fairness the HH series has not been kind to almost any primarch, except maybe Jaghatai who, in grand tradition of the White Scars has managed to stay left out of almost everything.

>> No.31680600

>>31680563
As far as I remember he's pretty sane, knew second-most about the warp after Magnus and wanted to form his own little Imperium.

>> No.31680602

>>31680390
Horus was fresh and pumped on all four gods. Sanguinius had withstood the siege and held the eternity gate solo. If you think fresh Sanguinius wouldn't have done more than just chink Horus's armour I think you should check yourself for brain damage.

>> No.31680624
File: 180 KB, 587x774, Primarch_Leman_Russ-Great_Crusade.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31680624

Leman Russ

>> No.31680643
File: 57 KB, 424x599, 424px-007_Dorn.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31680643

>> No.31680663

>>31680600
Magnus couldn't tell a daemon apart from a useful entity.
Knowing less than him ain't much.

>> No.31680668

>>31680600
So Guilliman on bike?

>> No.31680676

Sanguinius.

For a prissy boy, he really could get shit done.

While looking fabulous.

>> No.31680794

Fulgrim. Probably the only Primarch who was perfectly fine with how everything turned out.

>> No.31680888
File: 71 KB, 600x848, When_I_grow_up_by_DeadXCross.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31680888

>all these imperfect fools saying Sanginius

>> No.31680903

>>31680600
All correct until you said wanting to form a little imperium. He was totally against fortifying anything and saw it as getting fat, old, corrupt and useless. Read Scars or Brotherhood of the Storm

>> No.31680920

Angron, Kurze, and Lorgar, in no particular order. I find the Primarchs who are broken in some way or noticeably weaker than their compatriots a lot more interesting than the frightfully boring BIG GRUFF TOUGH MANLY MEN like Russ, Roboute, or Dorn.

>> No.31680954

Perterabo and Magnus the Red.

I love Magnus's lust for knowledge
I feel bad for Perterabo never getting noticed

>> No.31681082

>>31680236

Nope. Sanguinius was the best when it came to martial proves.

>> No.31681104

>>31680920
Insert a generic joke about women wanting men they can change here.

>> No.31681127

>>31681082
> There are only two among us who would stand in defiance of the Angel’s wrath, Horus. Only two who would see him slain, once he fights with nothing left to lose. You are one. Angron is the other.

>> No.31681171

>>31681127

Which was a possibility. But sanguinius was a bit OP. Along with his brute strength and fighting skills he could also fly. He managed to wound chaos buffed Horus and all.

>> No.31681175

>>31681104
More like wanting big whiny crybabies, according to her choices.

>> No.31681220

Top tier:
Vulkan
Sanguinius
Jaghatai

High tier:
Magnus (too arrogant and impatient to be higher)
Dorn
pre-Heresy Horus (bro as fuck)
Guilliman
Angron (nice backstory)

Okay tier:
Russ
Mortarion
post-heresy Fulgrim (fucking hilarious)
Ferrus Manus (jobber lol)
Corax (despite being a failure at everything)
Lion

Low tier:
Curze
Fulgrim
post-heresy Horus

Big fucking babby:
Alpharius/Omegon (holy shit I better believe these xenos!)
Perturabo (why won't anybody look at meeee? stop looking at dorn! waaaaaaah!)

Waste of the Emperor's time and resources, should have been fed to Russ' wolves:
Lorgar

>> No.31681306

>>31681220
>Top tier: Vulkan, the guy who didn't actually do anything of note because XDD salies r so bro amirite

>> No.31681368

>>31681306
You mean, the one Primarch the Cabal was so scared of what he'd do if he'd reach Terra to stand with the Big E that they actually had to send JOOOOOOOOOOOHN GRAMMATICUS, the real hero of BL's HH, to stop him.

>> No.31681394

>>31681368
Did I mention Vulkan is a fucking shitter? Because he is.

>> No.31681411

>>31681394
>butthurt heretic scum

>> No.31681418

>>31681411
Name one thing he did that mattered. I'll wait.

>> No.31681651

>>31680518
Not to mention that the fans of a legion devoted to "just as planned" mostly can't appreciate victories on the long run

>> No.31681696

Probably Fulgrim. It's hilarious how he's trolled the fuck out of everybody who ever hung out with him.

>> No.31681702

I thought it was canon that Guilliman was the best?

>> No.31681753

>>31681702
He's the one who got the most shit done.

>> No.31681768

>>31681418

The right thing.

It always matters, anon.

>> No.31681781

>>31681702
in terms of achievements, yes

however it's canon that everyone loves sanguinius

>> No.31681926

Sanguinius is supposed to be considered the best post hoc. The whole thing is were supposed to go OH MAN, IMAGINE IF SANGUINIUS WAS MADE WARMASTER, HE WAS BOTH JUST AS GOOD, YET NOT A TOTAL FAGGOT LIKE HORUS. BUT THEN GOT MADE DED BY THAT FUCKING EDGELORD, SOOO GRIMDURRRRK.

But yeah, Sanguinius is the coolest.
Breakan demon backs, not being an asshole, dying for Emps.

Ferrus is cool too, should have killed Fulgrim but then he got supa demon powahs.

Russ was a cunt.

The Lion, for someone who was supposed to be a super strategist, probably should have been able to predict the dissent in his ranks. The fact that he throws an emo afterwards drops him down to shit tier.

Angron is fucking awesome, because Khorne is fucking awesome.

I haven't really read enough of the actual novels to know enough to form strong opinions on the rest.

>> No.31682101

Sanguinius, because he's set up to be awesome and he pulls it off.

Vulcan, for being the most human of any Primarch.

I don't know who would be third. Maybe Curze. He tried to bear the sins of an empire upon his back, and was crushed in the attempt.

>> No.31682103

>>31681753
>>31681781
Well, if everyone likes people who gets shit I would thing he would be the number one guy, not the B-listers.

>> No.31682133

>>31679772
No, it's probably from RT or second edition.
You can tell BL hasn't done the Siege of Terra yet because it hasn't been ruined yet.

>> No.31682146

>>31681781
>everyone loves sanguinius
Fulgrim didn't. And I'm pretty sure Perturabo and Mortarion weren't overly fond of him, either. And Angron probably hated him just because.

>> No.31682170

>>31681781
Canon that everyone loves sanguinus, and he has wings, and is beautiful, and badass.

He would be a classic mary sue if he hadn't got his ass murdered

>> No.31682187

>>31681926
The Lion not being able to tell tshe dissent made sense to me. He's a super strategist but borderline autistic in his inability to relate to people after years in the woods. A normal child might have grown up with relatively little social stunting if raised right, but he's a primarch who was a full grown adult by at latest age 3. That takes away all his formative years and puts them in a chaos infested hell hole of a forest. He really relied on Luthor to be the charismatic one of the pair.

>> No.31682385

Corax and Angron

>> No.31682504

Leman Russ, Ferrus, and Vulkan (With side points to Alpharius because the other three are just Alpharius in a red clip on beard, silver body paint, and blackface)

Russ may have been a cunt but he was loyal to his cause and didn't give up even when the odds stacked against him were pretty much suicidally insane. Plus he'll be the one to save the Imperium some day (more on that in a second)

Ferrus and Vulkan built cool shit and were fairly codex lax primarchs. Their stories are cool and the chapters they started were badass. What's not to love?

Now that I've got that out of the way. Why Russ will save the Imperium (in an alternate dimension where the plotline moves forward)
There have been three major predictions of the future made by primarchs:
1. Magnus forecasts the downfall of the Imperium and the Horus Heresy (He was right)
2. Kurz foresees a couple of things but the important one was the failings of his own legion which would lead up to his death (He was right)
3. Russ foresaw a threat that would threaten to destroy the Imperium completely, an end of days he dubbed the Wolftime, and on this day he and the other wayward primarchs would return to save the Imperium (hasn't happened yet, but the others were right)

>> No.31682654

Sanguinus for sure. 2nd favorite would be The First Heretic..

>> No.31682657

>>31682504
Although they're highly implying the Woftime happens during M42.

>> No.31682689

>>31682657
It probably will. Psychic Master Race Humanity and/or No Space No Time Only Chaos is also apparently coming soon to a galaxy near you.

By M43 it'll be clear whether humanity or chaos wins. Too bad GW will never cover M42 for that exact reason.

>> No.31682719

Pre-Heresy Horus was the best and most relate-able Primarch in my opinion

>> No.31682775

>>31668433
Magnus in a world where some other primarch fell in his place, because I want to make a loyalist chapter of mostly psykers without people telling me that it's impossible, mary sue, and that the Inquisition would just kill them. Also the Thousand Son's themes were really cool.

(they're still cool now, I just don't like only being able to have one guy in the army, the sorceror, with personality. Obviously you could have cultists and shit, but who gives a fuck about them.)

>> No.31682804

>>31682775
Sounds like you play with a bunch of killjoys or fa/tg/uys.

Though admittedly they're basically the same thing.

>> No.31682816

>>31682775
You could always play their successor chapter, the Blood Ravens.

>> No.31682820

>>31682170
The definition of mary sue is a bit different when it comes to SPESS MEHREENS, anon. You gotta give them a little more wiggle room, given that Mary Sue in most other settings is regular old John the Baker down the road in 40k.

>> No.31682845

>>31682775
40k players love mary sues and snowflakes that are created by GW, they just hate homebrew factions despite GW's encouragment of it.

It's a horrid fanbase.

>> No.31682859

>>31682816
I thought about that, but they're just too burdened with memes for anyone to be able to use them. I'd have to live up to the BLOHD REHVENS standard, and while that's cool and funny, it's not my ideas, it'd ring false.

>>31682804
Yes, whether IRL or here on /tg/, I've noticed an insane degree of hostility towards homebrews. I guess people just like to take the easier route of tearing down rather than building up.

>> No.31682887

>>31682775
>I want to make a loyalist chapter of mostly psykers
grey knights

>> No.31682902

>>31682859
That's why I just play with my friends, we love homebrewing. We've got everything from Lost Legions to a Not-Goa'uld Phaeron who primarily uses human slaves supported by necrons.

>> No.31682911

>>31674847
>Lorgar: I'm a sucker for antiheroes who do what they have to for the bigger picture, and I'm also a huge fan of the paladin/crusader holy warrior idea. To top things off, I'm a big fan of his legion and the tats.
I don't see what any of this has to do with Lorgar really. He isn't an anti-hero, he is an outright villain, not even a tragic villain he ruined the galaxy because he can. He vaguely fits the idea of a paladin, but the pre-heresy Imperial Fists and Emperor's Children, as well as the post-heresy Black Templars fit the idea much more, being obsessed with martial honour and to varying extents combat with champions.

>> No.31682916

>>31682887
Lol, THAT wouldn't piss anyone off, having a successor chapter of GKs. No sir, not at all.

>>31682902
Yeah, I have this terrible flaw in my own gene-seed where I crave legitimacy for my ideas. You know, peer review. It always goes badly online though, and IRL, people are more interested in their own ideas, which is fair, i suppose.

>> No.31682936

>>31682911
He's also a crybaby, whether he got upset because BL said the Emperor was an athiest.
Or because he got upset because Index Astartes said he was worshipping the Emperor too hard and to knock it off.

>> No.31682953

>>31682916
Exorcists.
But that probably goes back to it only being an awesome and cool idea because it was GW that did it.

Can you imagine if the Space Wolves were a homebrew?

>> No.31682980

>>31677933
Wisdom. I really want to like Alpharius, but it just doesn't seem to click.

>> No.31682985

>>31682916
>Yeah, I have this terrible flaw in my own gene-seed where I crave legitimacy for my ideas. You know, peer review. It always goes badly online though, and IRL, people are more interested in their own ideas, which is fair, i suppose.
I believe everyone has this flaw to some degree and it is understandable, you created something and you are proud of it so you want people to at least acknowledge of your creations existence.
I am flawed in the exact same way, sometimes to the extreme because most of the time I feel useless and my desire is to be useful which it may sound dumb and easy to manipulate in some way:
>you want to be useful?
>do this for me for free so you could feel useful

>> No.31682991

>>31682916
>successor
Why do they have to be a successor. Just make your own brotherhood of grey knights. It's not like they all have to be silver, given old grey knights had the same scheme as the deathwatch.

Alternatively you could use the chaos book to proxy a loyalist chapter that makes heavy use of librarians. Have the sorcerers in the TSon squads be lexicanums, with HQ sorcerers as codiciers (level 2) and epistolaries (level 3).

>> No.31682997

Angron, Curze, Vulkan my fav guys.
White Scars primarch is cool 'cause he really gives no fuck about Imperium.
Really dont like Lion, Morty, Russ Corax, Ferrus and Lorgar.

My fav legion -1k sons, by far

>> No.31683004

Fulgrim: Love him before he fell because he was the ideal primarch, seeking constant improvement not only war, but in all things including art, government, and culture. He is a lot like Guilliman except Fulgrim ended up falling.

Lion: Primarch of the first legion, great strategist, and likes to punch people in the face (and he isn't even the one with power fists).

Guilliman: Probably the hardest working primarch, had one of the best records during the heresy as well as the biggest Legion. Following the heresy he realized that the powers of the space marine legions needed to be curtailed, including the legions being broken into chapters to keep a minor conflict from spiraling into a massive civil war. He ultimately did what he had to do to preserve the Imperium following the heresy and seems to have done a pretty good job. Plus he tore Kor Phaeron's heart out.

Angron: He beat Russ in single combat and made Russ look like a retard

>> No.31683040

>>31683004
Slightly off topic, I recall reading a rant Angron made at Guilliman, but came off really whiny abiut how Guilliman had a great childhood and he didn't. Does anyone have it, or know what I'm talk about? Or am I imagining reading it.

>> No.31683062

>>31683040
Might be true, but it is understandable, Guilliman had a pretty good life compared to all of the primarchs, Angron had the worst.

>> No.31683097

>>31673533
Sanguinius certainly is not a Finnish bed, and he WILL have his vengenace.

>> No.31683112

>>31674560
He is an alarmingly pretty post-human superwarrior.

>> No.31683147

>>31683062
Most of them had some pretty shitty childhoods

>> No.31683160

>>31673533
I'd like to think Sanguinus was wearing a Bane Mask during this fight.

>> No.31683198

>>31683040
It's towards the end of Betrayer, when Guilliman catches up with Lorgar and finds Angron there with him as well.

>>31683147
Most of them were also able to break out of them, though - the majority of the Primarchs ended up as great heroes and leaders of their worlds, and were able to meet the Emperor on some sort of level footing. Even Kurze clawed his way up to dominate his homeworld. For one reason or another, Angron was prevented from doing that. He was always a slave, first to the High-riders and then to the Emperor.

>> No.31683236

>>31680624
Yep, because Russ is no more than a head taller than a Sister of Silence. And also has a broken right leg.

>> No.31683262

>>31680920
Neither Roboute nor Dorn are that, while Angron is pretty much the Ur-example of a hyper-macho caricature.

>> No.31683273

>>31683236
Primarchs that are the same size as space marines are cooler than ogres with massive daddy issues

>> No.31683293

>>31681781
What did Curze think of Sangy?

>> No.31683313

>>31683273
They were taller than space marines all the way back in the day. Index Astartes said that Horus knew Alpharius was a primarch because Alpharius was taller than the present Luna Wolves

>> No.31683349

>>31683273
So why do you like Russ then?

>> No.31683357

>>31683236
>hurr durr look at me trying to provide a valid argument against an opinion.

>> No.31683370

>>31683273
Does this also extend to Primarchs smaller than ordinary marines?

>> No.31683381

>>31683313
The tail end of 3rd edition isn't that far back in the day, to be honest.

>> No.31683385

>>31683357
?

>> No.31683389

>>31683349
That's none of your business, anything I would say will make you want to compare everything I will say to something else and yell BUT I LIKE THAT MORE THAN YOU LIKE THE OTHER THING.

>> No.31683403

>>31683389
What the sweet pig-fuck are you shouting about? Do you not understand the question?

>> No.31685189

Fulgrim, because his dickish antics are full of win.

>> No.31685417

>>31682991
Interesting idea about the proxied Tsons, though I'm mostly curious from a fluff standpoint rather than tabletop.

>>31682953
God they're cool as fuck. I'd totally have a chapter similar to them, either as a "Hey, the Imperium thought their ideas had some merit and approved another updated version of them" or a "Hey, these guys are legit enough to found a successor".

But I'm not sure if the lorefags would tolerate anyone speaking of such a thing, though nothing in the fluff I've read says that they Exorcists are distrusted or hated or enemies of the Inquisition. But, it also doesn't say WHY they're not, so maybe it's just author fiat?

>> No.31685576

Wasn't Russ created as the executioner?

>> No.31685665

>>31685576
It's implied he was, (though angron would have been the better executioner, he was too uncontrollable).

We don't see him doing much executing on-screen though, which people point to as evidence that maybe he's not all he was cracked up to be.

>> No.31685681

>>31685576
It's pretty much the role he fills when needed, but whether or not he was specifically created for that purpose has not been confirmed by any character who could have knowledge of such things.

>> No.31687709
File: 27 KB, 901x743, siege of terra.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31687709

>> No.31687931

>>31685417
>I'm mostly curious from a fluff standpoint
the fluff standpoint is "they have a lot of librarians because of reasons"

Provided their librarians aren't any different in quality than regular marine librarians I'm fairly certain no one will give a shit. It's not like that hasn't happened already with chapters like the Blood Ravens. Recruiting from planets with somewhat psychic populations and putting an emphasis on recording/cataloging information would be enough to drive a chapter to have a bigass librarius.

Just don't go around calling them an army of psychic badasses who are all super powerful and awesome and better than everyone else at what they do.

>But I'm not sure if the lorefags would tolerate anyone speaking of such a thing
The exorcists were founded by and heavily involved with the inquisition. It's unlikely they have much autonomy, and with their already esoteric recruiting setup and relatively rare focus there's no real reason to create successors.

There aren't enough fully-fledged daemonic incursions to warrant it over dudes who can put a bolt into an ork or tyranid.

>> No.31688031

>>31683004
Russ made Angron look retarted even though he lost the duel. The chapter wad called Russ' Lesson for a reason.

>> No.31688148

>>31688031
Pls forgive grammar

>> No.31688532

>>31683004
Fulgrim was bottom-tier as fuck before he manned up and started snorting drugs out other people's rectums.

>> No.31688706

>>31688031
And Russ' lesson was stupid
>Angron defeated Russ and could have killed him
>Russ wins because Angron would have been gunned down by the Wolves
Angron doesn't care if he dies and neither does his legion. The Space Wolves need Russ more than the World Eaters need Angron.

>> No.31689279

>>31688706
They we're both disarmed, i dont think either would have died... But you completely missed the point. Russ showed Angron how the Nails were ruining his legion. The World Eaters were tactical failiures. This is why for example they always suffered massive casualties in minor battles and sieges. Lorgar even thought Angron was being a dumbass because he kept saying he won and didnt understand the point of the battle.

>> No.31689459

>>31680315
Funny thing is he has the largest legion because 2 other legions were merged into his because the emperor wanted them kept from the front line.

He was also only a decent fighter who was excellent at bureaucracy and dealing with things like trade, supply routes, and etc. If it wasn't for the fact that the IoM was breaking apart around him after big E was put on the throne, he probably would have faded into relative obscurity.

>>31680335
Angron annoys me because his background story is awesome and he has the most legit reasons to hate the emperor, and yet he gets tossed into the frothing mad "RAWRGGGGG" character roll and even gets killed by normal people when he comes back as a DP.

>> No.31689478

>>31687709
The Alpha Legion one really got me

>> No.31689479

>>31668433
>best story
Angronshut up i have a soft spot for angron because i can semi-relate to being the discarded son who ended up getting too angry and fucked his life over
>Best war record
Horus
>best for the public
Sanguinius.
you just cant beat the power of a symbol and angel wings are a nice one.
>Best decent fucking human being
Vulkan
>Best for the end of the crusade and peacetime
Guilliman
>I'd like to have a beer with you tier
Torgaddon. especially after hearing the audiobooks instead of re-reading

>> No.31689511

>>31689459
>Funny thing is he has the largest legion because 2 other legions were merged into his because the emperor wanted them kept from the front line.
No they weren't. That was a rumor spread by a random assravaged Word Bearers and said to be true nowhere.

>He was also only a decent fighter
He was an excellent fighter and a better leader.

>> No.31689586

>>31689511
Word bearers did not start this rumour. They were aware of it though.

So much wrong... Im starting to think people on tg are bias for different legions or something... (DA fans are worst for this imo lol)

>> No.31689637

>>31689479
Dont the Dark Angels have the best record now? In worlds conquered i mean.. i think its The Lion>Horus>Russ

>> No.31689644

>>31689586
>Word bearers did not start this rumour.
Yes. They did. ADB said he'd never have written it if he knew people would take it so seriously.

>> No.31689660

Sanguinias is fucking badass.

>> No.31689675

Sanguinius is objectively the best.

I like Russ though.

>> No.31689697

>>31689644
What book? It wasnt First Heretic where Xaphen mentions it right?

>> No.31689710

>>31689697
That was the one.

>> No.31689769
File: 212 KB, 1842x593, Oh Alphy you.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31689769

>>31680360

>> No.31689790

>>31689637
meh I was going by about a month before lorgar got all twacked out.
also i dont know.

>> No.31689845

>>31689710
Can i trouble you for sause as im nowhere near my bookshelg? The ADB quote i mean

>> No.31689885

>>31689845
"If I'd known people would really believe it was a hint, rather than several soldiers joking, I'd never have written it. I genuinely had no idea people would take it as fact. Most of the other HH references to the Lost Legions (especially in Prospero Burns) are spoken with an air of truth. In The First Heretic, in that scene, it's blatantly just some soldiers even admitting they know it's just a rumour."

>> No.31689960

>>31689885
Where is it implied that the Word Bearers fabricated and spread said rumour? I wouldnt doubt it though, after Monarchia.

>> No.31689992

>>31689960
Fairly certain in the actual book it was heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of his or some shit.

>> No.31690050

Horus>Lion>Girlyman

At least that's what Index Astartes said.

>> No.31690062
File: 44 KB, 339x323, Requiem10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31690062

>>31689279
> But you completely missed the point.
Because most of angronfags understand tha episode exactly how Angron himself did.

>> No.31690102

>>31689992
Hmmm. Pretty sure they didnt make it up but like i said i cant access my books atm... I have a memory of Xaphen mentioning the rumour and not knowing if it was true or not. Nothing about its alleged fabrication. Oh well

>> No.31690146

The Lion (dat Freemasonry)

Perturabo (dat being in place for MULTIPLE, SIMMULTANEOUSS coups across the Imperium)

Horus (before the Heresy- when he was all business all the time, and wasn't just sitting in a dark room getting eviller and eviller)

>> No.31690195

>>31690050
Yeah thats worlds brought into compliance or something like that where Guillimans diplomacy counts. Worlds conquered however goes lion>horus>russ if im not mistaken

>> No.31690259
File: 204 KB, 550x778, 1387939005352.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31690259

>>31690062
That's funny.

>> No.31690308

>>31689279
World Eaters weren't meant to achieve victories with finesse, they were a brutal sledgehammer. Besides who cares if the World Eaters take heavy losses, they sure don't? They win quickly, which is all that matters. They don't have a manpower shortage and they aren't moving slowly like Lorgar was, sure they were brutal, but if anything that would keep the subjugated peoples in line lest the World Eaters return to beat them down.

>> No.31690316

>>31690195
'Only Horus and Lion El'Jonson could claim more victories than Russ, and this was a source of constant frustration to him.'
- Index Astartes 1, p.20

So not just compliances or worlds, but actually getting shit done in general. I think First Heretic puts Guilliman as No.1 for Compliances though.

>> No.31690331 [DELETED] 

>>31689637
No, Lions are shit who aren't good at anything. They are like fourth best after Horus, Russ, and Guilliman.

>> No.31690356

>>31680360
>Implying Alpharius didn't side with Horus because he was the only brother he really knew.

>> No.31690545

>>31690308
They were not so quick.... Quick in that they never waited for any support... Quick to be ambushed and locked in tactically useless fights... Quick at killing in melee, yeah... They slowed Lorgars fleet down though and the WB are supposed to be the slow ones ahaha

>> No.31690621

>>31690545
They were quicker than they would be without the butcher's nails. They had literally nothing else going for them without the butcher's nails. Russ can bitch all he wants, but his legion gets their special mutations that make them better in close combat, World Eaters have to make due with being regular shitty astartes.

>> No.31690673
File: 93 KB, 388x776, #Lion_Swagger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31690673

>>31679383
Are you done over dosing on quaaludes yet?
The Closet Loyalists are losing their fucking marbles without you.

>> No.31690701

>>31690673
Oh God look at his tiny head. It is so adorable.

>> No.31690767

>>31690356
>implying Alpharius ever even met Horus pre-heresy
I like the old index astartes articles about the primarchs too man, but that relationship has been pretty thoroughly nuked.

>> No.31690769
File: 8 KB, 172x200, The_Littlest_Space_Marine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31690769

>>31690701
NGH

>> No.31690877

>>31690767
Are you referring to the Alpha Legion entry in Extermination?

>> No.31690904
File: 701 KB, 958x1018, VisitUltramar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31690904

Guilliman got given kind of a shit deal by E-dog.

Sanguinius can fly. Magnus can psyk. The Khan can be... Underestimated? (ffs Scars y u no payoff)

But Guilliman can... Micromanage. It's like the Emperor wanted to have 19 generals/leaders/warriors and one really fastidious wedding planner.

>> No.31690917

>>31690316
My favourite would be the Lion. Sure he's autistic as fuck, but he did grow up in a death world, beastie filled forest. On the upside he was a beast in combat and gets badass points for bettering Heracles in lion killing skills.

>> No.31690962

>>31679584

> Implying Curze was ever a traitor

>> No.31691039

>>31690917
Best Lion moment by a mile was in one of the two (equally awful) DA HH novels where Luther flashes back to seeing this fucking Aryan child wander out of the Calibanite forests and thinking 'Well everything can only get worse after this kind of crap starts happening.'

>> No.31691081

>>31690904
I think Khan had something about summoning storms. Anyway, Rowboat's logistical acumen payed off well enough that he and his Legion were deemed the only guys who could do shit to stop the Traitors advance on Terra.

>> No.31691091

>>31690917
One thing that has vexed me about the Lion is his physiology.
Almost all of the other Primarchs grew into grown men within the span of weeks, months at the longest. The Lion spent a decade in the forest and was still a boy when he was foudn by the Order. Does this make him the oldest, seeing as he is the first of them, while also making him the youngest, because he seems to age a lot slower?

Or maybe I'm not reading it right? Someone please shed some light here.

>> No.31691118

>>31690904
You are the stupidest person I've ever ever heard of.

LOGISTICS, NIGGER. HEARD OF IT?

>> No.31691169

>>31690877
partially, since that bit is taken from the original IA article and was the start of Horus and Alpharius' relationship - http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Crusade/ar/t121.htm

But I'm mostly talking about the books, where any relationship between the two of them has been pretty much left to rot. In Legion Alpharius states that the Alpha Legion has 'always, always, been for the Emperor' and immediately jumps on the anti-Horus bandwagon. We see them meet face-to-face in Deliverance Lost and there's no hint of familiarity between them. Extermination just takes the last step and calls the story of their first meeting a lie, as it calls every story it brings up for Alpharius' origin a lie, because that's now the character of the Alpha Legion.

>> No.31691205
File: 1.11 MB, 2560x1440, 1341941256892.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31691205

>>31691118
"Guilliman, come and scourge some xeno scum with us Brother."

"DO YOU FAILURES EVEN PROMOTE SYNERGY!"

>> No.31691273

>>31691118
The other Primarchs (who weren't batshit crazy) all had logistics fairly locked down, and others had some mad skillz with that whole side of warfare, most notably Dorn, Horus, and Perturabo.

But Horus got some psyker jiggery, Dorn got siege mastery and rights to suck Daddy's Godpenis, and Perturabo got siege mastery, ANGST, and the face of Gene Hackman as well.

>> No.31691312

>>31691273
>The other Primarchs (who weren't batshit crazy) all had logistics fairly locked down
And Guilliman was the best at them, which is why he had the largest legion and the most worlds brought into compliance.

>> No.31691322
File: 203 KB, 535x464, Perturabo_sketch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31691322

>>31691273

>> No.31691351
File: 39 KB, 520x335, 512010985_1351660100.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31691351

>>31691322

>> No.31691386

>>31691273
Eh, a lot of primarchs have nothing going for them. All Lion has is autism, which is hardly a net gain.

>> No.31691474
File: 41 KB, 400x360, El_jonson.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31691474

>>31691386
Whenever someone calls Jonyboy an autist, I chuckle a little, though I'm not sure why he is regarded as /tg/'s Rain Man. Why is he considered autistic by many?

>> No.31691525

>>31691474
He can't into talking. It's really the whole Luthor deal.

>> No.31691538

>>31691091
I'd say that given how Primarchs are basically magic, they can age however they want.

Unless they're James Swallow Primarchs. Then they have fucking dog DNA, and the Emperor's best defence for his legacy is a jumping puzzle.

But to clarify, there is no set limit on how Primarchs grow. Curze aged fast, so did Ferrus, but Perturabo and Fulgrim aged over the course of years.

>> No.31691571

>>31691205
> DO YOU FAILURES EVEN PROMOTE SYNERGY

Talk to to corporate (like a liege!)
Approve memos (like a liege!)
Lead a workshop (like a liege!)
Remember birthdays (like a liege!)
Direct workflow (like a liege!)
My own bathroom (like a liege!)
Micromanage (like a liege!)
Promote Synergy (like a liege!)

>> No.31691618

What if the two lost primarchs landed on planets greatly resembling modern day earth and just ended up becoming neets/weebs/fatguys and that was why Emps purged the records. Probably spaced them too.

>> No.31691701

>>31691571
My sides will arrive at Istvaan in 28000 years and and make the virus bombing look like a brief shower.

>> No.31691713
File: 186 KB, 800x1176, the_primarchs__i_fought_the_law_by_vangarshriek-d5ttucm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31691713

>>31691474

>> No.31691745
File: 8 KB, 160x160, SO ANGRY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31691745

>>31691713
that scene made me so fuckin mad

>> No.31691784

>>31691312
WRONG.
Girlyman had the largest legion because Emps gave Terra-born marines of two lost Legions to the Ultrafaggots, since he knew that even - oh, pardon my French - WHEN Girlyman decides to betray Him, the worst this pussy will do is sit on the edge of Segmentum Ultima trying to build his IMPERIUM SECUNTUS, with buttseks and blue paint.

>> No.31691814

>>31690621
What mutations are you talking about? the Canis Helix? That doesn't exactly count as a mutation, because most of the time when a Space Wolf loses control to the beast they put him down or simply corral them all together, point them at an enemy and say "kill" before letting them loose to either kill or get gunned down. This is why Bran Redmaw is looked at with so much suspicion by the other wolves since his legion is "rumored" to be tainted by the curse of the wulfen more than any other...

As for the purpose of this thread... that wall of text should show who my favorite is...

Russ is, by far, my favorite Primarch. Those comparing him to Angron's brutality need to remember her is not just a random beast: He is a wolf. The Vlka Fenryka tactics were shown in Prospero Burns (which was probably the single biggest disappointment of the Horus Heresy to me... I bought that to read about Russ kicking ass! not about some damn remembrancer that's being manipulated by the 1k Sons to gather information on the one of the most mysterious of the legions.) They did not go charging in headlong into the battle, they snuck in, took out the guards in the most efficient way possible with their bare hands, and then fucked shit up.

One of the main reasons Russ is my favorite, is that he treated his marines as comrades, not just soldiers. People give them shit for being drunken bastards, but rather than spend the days leading up to a battle brooding, they spend it celebrating the lives they've lived, and the lives of those who no longer live. Russ, out of all the primarchs, seems the most human. After a victory, he celebrates it. Those who died did not just get a single prayer and then get shipped off to have their gene seeds salvaged (did they do that pre-heresy?) They drank in their name, shared stories of their achievements and made sure their memory lived on in more than just a few scrawled notes.

>> No.31691842

>>31691784
we already had this conversation you stupid fuck
>>31689885

>> No.31691851
File: 71 KB, 750x1000, ssa49272.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31691851

>>31691571
Someone please make this into a legit song.
Such a feat would be worthy of the Emperor's grace.

>>31691713
For an autist, he does have nice taste in armor.

>> No.31691891

>>31691474
That's not universal. On Russian boards they are the Jewmarines.
>>31691745
Oh come on, it was fun.

>> No.31691904

>>31691745
That whole shitty arc sucked gigantic balls.

In fact, that whole collection (bar serpent beneath) sucked gigantic balls. Especially that business with Fulgrim, Fabius, and the ass-burster.

>> No.31691929

>>31691814
>He is a wolf
He is a dog.

>> No.31691948

>>31691474
Feral children can't into dealing with people or reading subtleties of speech and body language.

I mean, given his childhood on Caliban, it's actually fairly impressive he doesn't just kill everyone that's dumb enough to smile at him.

Maybe the Watchers taught him some basic shit.

>> No.31691969

>>31691842
What? Sorry I mean I just rolled into this ITT thread.

Also - I still think that this was the reason. ADB's blabbery cannot undo it. Also - they DID absorb the loyalist renegades who gathered at the Ultramar.

>> No.31691991
File: 10 KB, 225x225, she_wolf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31691991

>>31691891
Again, I'm not seeing why he has all of these "titles" on 4Chan.

>>31691814
> her is not just a random beast
You did it, you uncovered Russ' special secret.

>> No.31691997

>>31691814
>took out the guards in the most efficient way possible
>with their bare hands
Killing someone with your bare hands is hardly efficient.

>> No.31692007

>>31691904
NO U.
It was Serpent that sucked, and Reflection Crack'd was HILARIOUS!

>> No.31692044

>>31691745
In fairness he didn't mean to kill him. He just can't into people skills and diplomacy.

>> No.31692089

>>31692007
'Well Fabius, you finally get to look at a Primarch up close'
'Sweet.'
'So... What's the plan?'
'Rape, basically.'
'Wait, weren't you an evil scientist?'
'Yes.'
'Aren't you all about making your own super-army?'
'Yes.'
'Is Graham McNeill just phoning this one in?'
'Absolutely he is'

Hilarious and terrible all at once.

>> No.31692092

>>31691891
I heard about this but never got the meaning. I understand the gay and autist jokes, but not the jew ones.

>> No.31692095

>>31691997
Well half a dozen wolves infiltrating the area from above, dropping down on top of the sentries, and snapping their necks (which was the only way to incapacitate them, seeing as shooting their bodies to shit wouldn't stop them from fighting on) and then took their weapons, since they were more efficient at penetrating their armor than bolters were, seeing as the planet had about equal weaponry/armor qualities.

>>31691991

Damn typos >.> not gonna argue with you though because I find the story of him becoming Holo rather humorous...

>> No.31692100

>>31691814
>What mutations are you talking about? the Red Thirst? That doesn't exactly count as a mutation, because most of the time when a Blood Angel loses control to the Black Rage they put him down or simply corral them all together, point them at an enemy and say "kill" before letting them loose to either kill or get gunned down.

Also - Prospero Burns is the bestest book of HH, and I say it as a fukken DA lover.

>> No.31692122

>>31691081
Because everyone else worrying about was already dead or at Terra and they were the last loyalists worth bothering with.

>> No.31692129

>>31692095
>Well half a dozen wolves infiltrating the area from above, dropping down on top of the sentries, and snapping their necks (which was the only way to incapacitate them, seeing as shooting their bodies to shit wouldn't stop them from fighting on) and then took their weapons, since they were more efficient at penetrating their armor than bolters were, seeing as the planet had about equal weaponry/armor qualities.
It is called a knife or an axe or a power weapon, or something that doesn't rely on your opponent being significantly weaker and less alert than you.

>> No.31692155

>>31691713
One of the dumbest retcons of BL in that series was turning Sorcerors and Psykers into the same thing and outlawing both.

Though as bad as their retcons are, they pale in comparison to the shit that BL created.

>> No.31692160

>>31691814
>hat doesn't exactly count as a mutation, because most of the time when a Space Wolf loses control to the beast they put him down or simply corral them all together, point them at an enemy and say "kill" before letting them loose to either kill or get gunned down.
That sounds pretty fucking useful. Besides what else can the World Eaters be good at. Please tell me how the primarch whose only ability is killing things up close can have a legion that is good at anything besides killing things up close?

>> No.31692173

>>31692089
>Hilarious and terrible all at once.
Sure thing!

- MY DRILL IS THE ONE THAT WILL PIERCE THE PHOENIXIAN'S DICKKK!
- AWWWW MY GAWWWWD LUCIUS I LOVE YOU SO MUUUUCH DEEPER DEEEEEPER~

People in subway looked at me awkwardly when I bursted in laughter. Then they looked into the book over my shoulder AND LEFT AT THE NEAREST STATION.

>> No.31692212

>>31680315
>Too spiteful to prosper.
The funny thing is that Angron is prospering more than half of his brothers. His descendents are by no means close to extinction and even after the Heresy he rampaged through the Imperium twice, both times only being stopped at a massive cost.

>> No.31692237

>>31692129
I'm trying to remember the specifics, as it's been a while, but most of the warriors of the planet were cyborgs that would make an adeptus mechanicus need clean robes. They could dismember them, but they wouldn't give a shit, and they had a way to communicate with the others... So they had to sever the brain's connection to everything else in order to prevent them from both fighting, and warning others of their presence.

Also, although it wasn't flat out stated, it was hinted at that Russ had been created to kill primarchs, and he had done so before (although it hadn't been confirmed)

And a random thought... The argument earlier about Angron being better... He's better just because he follows the IG mindset? "Just keep throwing bodies at them! we have plenty to spare!"

>> No.31692245

>>31692092
You need to understand Russian view of jews to see the obvious parallels.
>>31692155
Then what are you doing here? Go play warmahordes. Their fluff is PURE and UNTAINTED.

>> No.31692252
File: 2.89 MB, 439x322, BACK IN THE LOCKER.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31692252

>>31692089
"No guys it's really me! It's Fulgrim! I really had you guys going there, didn't I?"
>Mirgluf's face when

>> No.31692270

>>31692212
Well, I mean... it sounds like his legion was pretty good at dying...

>> No.31692320

>>31692212
>His descendents are by no means close to extinction
Yeah, I mean, random shattered warbands are really prospering!

>> No.31692349

>>31692237
>I'm trying to remember the specifics, as it's been a while, but most of the warriors of the planet were cyborgs that would make an adeptus mechanicus need clean robes. They could dismember them, but they wouldn't give a shit, and they had a way to communicate with the others... So they had to sever the brain's connection to everything else in order to prevent them from both fighting, and warning others of their presence.
Behead them nigger. Christ are you a fucking ape? Use tools to make your job easier, no need to wrestle with them and snap their neck when you can just cut off their head and be done with it.
>And a random thought... The argument earlier about Angron being better... He's better just because he follows the IG mindset? "Just keep throwing bodies at them! we have plenty to spare!"
Because his astartes are aggressive and brutal up close. It is much better than Ultramarines that are outnumbered by the real Ultramarines and inferior to real Ultramarines and more poorly led than real Ultramarines and less well equipped than real Ultramarines. A World Eater can beat an Ultramarine in melee combat, take away his butcher's nails and he can't beat the Ultramarine at anything.

>> No.31692354

>>31692270
One great thing about the 'zerkers is that you never fucking run out of them! You just call Abaddno and in about a week Planetkiller drops a boxfull of these little cuties at your nearest Postoffice World.

>> No.31692360

>>31692245
Or I can just use based Index Astartes fluff where MLK wasn't killed by Matt Damon on the orders of an alien cabal.

Seriously, the only way a reasonable person could like what Black Library's Horus Heresy fluff is if they've never been exposed to the old fluff. And even then it's a stretch for a reasonable person with their retarded Hyperbolic Time Chamber plot devices, super immortals Sensei-knock offs and alien cabals.

Also Warmahordes has no fluff worth mentioning.

>> No.31692391

>>31692245
I take it that they're incredibly convoluted and there's little to no point trying to work out how a Russian ticks?

>> No.31692400

>>31692252
Aurelian did some neat damage control there.

But goddamn, McNeill has forgotten how to write since Fulgrim.

Angel Exterminatus was garbage! Iron Warriors finally getting a book? Nope. Iron Warriors are just surly side characters. Get ready for Fulgrim 2: The Plan That Makes No Fucking Sense!

>> No.31692416

>>31692320
>Yeah, I mean, random shattered warbands are really prospering!
Prospering more than the Space Wolves who have a single chapter.

>> No.31692451

>>31692349
>Because his astartes are aggressive and brutal up close. It is much better than Ultramarines that are outnumbered by the real Ultramarines and inferior to real Ultramarines and more poorly led than real Ultramarines and less well equipped than real Ultramarines. A World Eater can beat an Ultramarine in melee combat, take away his butcher's nails and he can't beat the Ultramarine at anything.

That sounds rather useless to me. Sure, they can beat "anybody" in close combat, but lets say Angron HADN'T been fighting pure melee against Russ. a few well placed bullets could have easily changed the outcome.

>> No.31692458

>>31692360
The only way a reasonable person could like what Black Library's Horus Heresy fluff is crazy funny shit that one can use for stroking his primarchdick and causing flamestorms, but never hesitates to drop into trash the moment it becomes uncool.

>> No.31692506

>>31692391
>there's little to no point trying to work out how a Russian ticks
Pretty much. I'm thinking really hard right now but I see no way I could shape it into words.

>> No.31692540

>>31692451
Would have been better than
>Angron tries to shoot up Russ
>Fails because he is a mediocre shot
>Angron tries to fight Russ up close
>Gets his ass handed to him because he is a pussy without the butcher's nails

A lot of the primarchs are shit on constantly and there is nothing to change that. Sanguinius gets fucking wings, Horus is one of the strongest fighters and a military genius, Perturabo is a master of siege craft, without the butcher's nails Angron is nothing, which is the point I am trying to make. Angron has literally nothing going for him and his legion without the butcher's nails, at least with them they have one thing going for them.

>> No.31692600

>>31692400
>But goddamn, McNeill has forgotten how to write since Fulgrim.
Pure truth. At least all the other books are solid lulz.
>Iron Warriors are just surly side characters
I have a 1500pys DA army and I would trade them without the second thought for custom minis of Barabas Dantioch and Vastopol. This fucker is more awesome the all the primarchs combined will ever be.

>> No.31692610

>>31692416
No. Space wolves have a single LEGION. Russ told Girlyman to go fuck himself when he demanded everybody split up into chapters. They have thirteen chapters, which they call "great companies" (the thirteenth went off into the eye of terror) it's true they have no successor chapters because the canis helix is so badass that only a fenrisian can contain it.

>>31692540
Best thing about your list there is that even Horus didn't wanna stand against Russ >.> hence why he killed two birds with one stone by sending the wolf after Magnus.

>> No.31692620

>>31692400
Fulgrim is goddamn hilarious ever since he started hearing voices in his head.

>> No.31692645

>>31692610
>No. Space wolves have a single LEGION. Russ told Girlyman to go fuck himself when he demanded everybody split up into chapters. They have thirteen chapters, which they call "great companies" (the thirteenth went off into the eye of terror) it's true they have no successor chapters because the canis helix is so badass that only a fenrisian can contain it.
Yeah they have legion that is a little stronger than a chapter. They are still outnumbered by living World Eaters like 50 to 1 if not more.

>> No.31692657

>>31692506
Fair enough, thanks for trying. Just checked 1d4chan, no one knows there either. It'll be one of these 40k mysteries to join the hopefully never fully explained lost legions.

>> No.31692676

I've heard about the Horus Time Chamber of Training, but where's that from?

>> No.31692682

>>31692610
>Best thing about your list there is that even Horus didn't wanna stand against Russ >.> hence why he killed two birds with one stone by sending the wolf after Magnus.
You have yet to tell me why the World Eaters should have gotten rid of their butcher's nails. What would they be good at if not berserker charges? Every primarch had a gift, except Angron, he needed butcher's nails to be maybe the second strongest primarch.

>> No.31692684

>>31692400
McNeil hasn't know how to write since Storm of Iron.

>> No.31692687

>>31692391
Probably has something to do with secrecy, hoarding of resources, and a general disposition characterized by them being perfidious.

>> No.31692708

>>31692676
The new upcoming book which was sold early at the last Black Library Open (or Games Day, or one of those big events)

>> No.31692714

>>31692610
>Russ told Girlyman to go fuck himself when he demanded everybody split up into chapters.
If by that you mean he acceded to the plan and started to spin off successor chapters and even came up with the idea to position a bunch of them around the Eye of Terror and only stopped because the Wolf Brothers were completely destroyed by catastrophic mutation...then yes.
>They have thirteen chapters, which they call "great companies"
No, they have thirteen companies they call great companies. Ragnar's is stated to be the largest at 200 men, putting the Wolves at an upper limit of around 2400

>> No.31692728

>>31692645
But the World Eaters, like many of the chaos "legions" are little more than warbands scattered throughout the galaxy. Them pulling together those "50 to 1" numbers are highly unlikely, and even if they got a fraction of that, overall the wolves are still more skilled all around.

Sitting here and arguing imperial guard tactics doesn't really earn much street cred when being compared to other Space Marines

>> No.31692777

>>31692610
>Best thing about your list there is that even Horus didn't wanna stand against Russ
One does not simply go face-to-face with primarch born to slay primarchs. No matter how many stats they let out, the only bro's whom The Wolf can not best in personal combat will always be:
Pumped out Horus - for obvious reasons.
Fulgrim - that fucking cheater.
And Lion of course - what we have here is a draw and years of sweet BROMANCE and mutual respect.

>> No.31692779

>>31692620
But where's that slow transition to crazy?

At the end of Fulgrim, the door had been opened, a Primarch had died (maybe), and we were all ready to see how the Legion would slowly go to fuck.

Instead we get a six month time lapse, and suddenly they're all Mega Evil.

Then Perturabo flies into a black hole because wtf is character development he needs to be evil in time for the siege of Terra.

>> No.31692806

>>31692714
the mutations were caused by the Canis Helix, which is too unstable for there to be successor chapters. They became wulfen, rather than what "catastrophic mutation" normally means. And the Wolf Brothers were the only attempted successor chapter, weren't they?

>> No.31692811

>>31692728
Angron specifically pulled together 50,000 Khorne berserkers for the Dominion of Fire when he rampaged around the Imperium for 200 years. So when did 50,000 Space Wolves crusade around the Eye of Terror for 200 years and retake planets from over 70 sectors?

>> No.31692890

>>31692806
>the mutations were caused by the Canis Helix, which is too unstable for there to be successor chapters.
Yes, something the Wolves evidently didn't realize until after the Wolf Brothers were destroyed.
>And the Wolf Brothers were the only attempted successor chapter, weren't they?
The Wolf Brothers were supposed to be the forerunner of a plan called the Sons of Russ, wherein the Wolves would station a bunch of successors around the Eye of Terror, a role filled instead by the 20 chapters of the Astartes Praeses when the Wolves discovered that they literally could not found chapters from any world but Fenris.

>Little is known of the Wolf Brothers beyond the facts that upon their Founding they were issued with exactly half of the Space Wolves fleet, arms/equipment and priests available at that time,[5a] and were intended to be the first off-shoot Chapter created from the Space Wolves as part of a grand plan to create a force termed The Sons of Russ, who would be posted in a galactic circle around the Eye of Terror in an attempt to prevent the Traitor Legions from ever invading the Imperium. However, the swift degradation of their genetic viability quickly made it clear that the gene-seed of the Space Wolves was almost impossible to use to create another Chapter, and the Sons of Russ plan died alongside the Wolf Brothers.

>> No.31692928

>>31692777
>And Lion of course - what we have here is a draw and years of sweet BROMANCE and mutual respect.

Granted a battle between those two lasted days and the only reason Lion won was because Russ realized how ridiculous he was being and couldn't keep from laughing his ass off... at which point Lion sucker punched him.


>>31692811
They just have a single company raising hell in the eye since the day Russ went charging in. Again, using iggy tactics isn't something to brag about.

and something else that we need to take into account! What other primarch can boast that they ever bested the emperor in ANYTHING?

>> No.31693008

>>31692779
Oh yeah, the writing is horrendously bad. His arc is definitely one of the weaker ones. But it still gets a smile out of me just how much of an asshole he is to everyone, and how little karmic blowback he suffers.

>> No.31693185

>>31692928
>They just have a single company raising hell in the eye since the day Russ went charging in. Again, using iggy tactics isn't something to brag about.
Yep they raised so much hell that no one mentioned them until the Eye of Terror campaign where they didn't really do much.
>and something else that we need to take into account! What other primarch can boast that they ever bested the emperor in ANYTHING?
Vulkan beat the Emperor at several unnamed tasks so that by the final part of the competition they were tied.

>> No.31693201

>>31692928
>at which point Lion sucker punched him
It was the punchline!
>What other primarch can boast that they ever bested the emperor in ANYTHING?
Fulgrim had bested him at making people despise him.
Perturabo had bested him at being a butthurted little bitch
Khan had bested him at having little to no spotlight
Rogal bested the Emprah at orally pleasing His Divine penis
Curze bested the Emps at being crazy damn bitch srsly wtf?
Sanguinius at being on the Cosmopolitan cover
Ferrus at masturbation
Angron at PMS
Girlyman automatically bests Emprah at everything BECAUSE EVEN AS HE GAZES UPON HIS IMPERIUM HE WEEPS GOLDEN TEARS FOR HE KNOWS THAT HE CAN NEVER BE A TRUE ULTRAMARINE
Mortarion bests Emperor in the "no shower" department.
Magnus wrote a fucking book
Lorgar wrote TWO fucking books. DEAL WITH IT BYAACH
Vulkan bested him at nigga
Corvus mested him at white
Twins bested him at being a primarch who has 4 balls.
And Horus bested him at epic failing.

>> No.31693237
File: 103 KB, 750x600, Candy Monkeigh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693237

>>31692089
To know Chaos, you must fuck a Primarch, in the Gallbladder!

>> No.31693301

>>31692928
>Again, using iggy tactics isn't something to brag about.
Okay, so lets assume they use tactics identical to the Space Wolves and take out the butcher's nails. Then how well do they do? Do they suddenly become the best legion ever or do they become Space Wolves who are shittier than the real Space Wolves at everything, especially melee combat.

>> No.31693387

>>31693301
>identical to the Space Wolves and take out the butcher's nails. Then how well do they do? Do they suddenly become the best legion ever or do they become Space Wolves who are shittier than the real Space Wolves at everything, espe

Which is my point. without iggy tactics of throwing bodies at the enemy, they're nothing. Which was the entire point that was originally made in the fight between Russ and Angron. Russ pointed out how fucked up Angrons legion was, and there could have been so much done differently.

Why wasn't there? because GW needed a generic "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" army

>> No.31693444

>>31693185
>Vulkan beat the Emperor at several unnamed tasks so that by the final part of the competition they were tied.
No he didn't. Neither of them came ahead in any of the tasks

>> No.31693537

>>31693387
>there could have been so much done differently.
What could be done? You have yet to actually say how the World Eaters could have not been entirely useless. All you keep repeating is "IG tactics" without actually mentioning anything specific.

>> No.31693584
File: 176 KB, 766x1023, 2FLwph4rezc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693584

>>31692089
>'Well Fabius, you finally get to look at a Primarch up close'

Fabius had already had plenty of opportunities to check Fulgrim out.

>‘I know this body like no other,’ said Fabius, running his surgically-enabled digits over Fulgrim’s skin with a lover’s familiarity. ‘I know everything about how it was put together, the secret powers alloyed to its flesh and bone, the unique organs crafted for the creation of such a numinous being. What the Emperor created, I have broken down into its constituent parts and remade in a greater whole.’

The whole thing was supposedly to expel the daemon by causing enough pain to the host body it had possessed, while counting on a Primarch's natural resilience to keep to said body from dying in the process. Although there was the strong suggestion that Fabius knew what was really up and was just playing along.

>> No.31693592

>>31693444
>Neither of them beat the emperor in any of the tasks.
Both won challenges.
>Russ challenged the Emperor to a series of tests. The first challenge was an eating one, this the Emperor lost.[7a] The second challenge was a drinking one. This the Emperor also failed.[7a] For the third challenge Russ boasted he could defeat the Emperor in combat. This time, the Emperor defeated Russ, felling him with a blow from his power glove. Leman admitted defeat and swore to serve the Emperor.[7a]

>In celebration of the Primarch's victory over the Eldar raiders, a tournament was decided to be held. Unexpectedly, a stranger arrived in the middle of the festivities. Of pale complexion and wearing outlandish clothing, the stranger asked only to be allowed to compete. When he announced that he could best anyone in the town, the people laughed at this outlander. Who could possibly beat Vulkan in any feat of intellect, strength, craftsmanship or endurance? Nonetheless, Vulkan and the stranger wagered that whoever lost the tournament would forever serve the victor. Lasting 8 days, the contest included many tests of strength and endurance such as the anvil lift (in which the two held anvils above their heads for a half day before the contest was called a tie). The number of contests is unimportant, however, for by the end of day 8, Vulkan and the stranger were tied.

>> No.31693613

>>31693537
>What could be done? You have yet to actually say how the World Eaters could have not been entirely useless.


Used more guns? use any form of tactic other than "POUR OVER THEIR DEFENCES LIKE THE RIVER OF BLOOD MANY OF US WILL BECOME!" Hell, tear out those nails and teach them to do something other than punch shit and they might be as good as the smurfs.

>> No.31693666
File: 32 KB, 578x386, ultarmrien.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693666

>>31693201
>Girlyman automatically bests Emprah at everything BECAUSE EVEN AS HE GAZES UPON HIS IMPERIUM HE WEEPS GOLDEN TEARS FOR HE KNOWS THAT HE CAN NEVER BE A TRUE ULTRAMARINE
this is actually somewhat true

Guilliman's Imperium has lasted as long as Emp's Imperium, and will continue to last for some time. On autopilot. Without god-beings.

Truly the greatest of them all.

>> No.31693706

>>31693584
It still remains McNeil's homoerotic BDSM fapfiction. And trying to breath at least some soul into Fulgrim does not work if you do it with your heavy orgasmic panting.

>> No.31693709
File: 207 KB, 1128x789, IcanthearyouoverthesoundofhowULTRAiam.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693709

>>31693666

>> No.31693762

>>31691991

Get that Waifu shit out of here.

>> No.31693777

>>31693613
>Used more guns? use any form of tactic other than "POUR OVER THEIR DEFENCES LIKE THE RIVER OF BLOOD MANY OF US WILL BECOME!" Hell, tear out those nails and teach them to do something other than punch shit and they might be as good as the smurfs.
And then they would be like every other legion except shittier. They will never be as good as the Ultramarines because they aren't Ultramarines and their primarch isn't Guilliman. Angron was obectively fucked over from the start.
>Sanguinius was the best fighter and the most noble spirit
>Guilliman was an organizational genius
>Lion was a strategic genius
>Angron was weaker and dumber than everyone, even with the butcher's nails he was weaker than Sanguinius

Russ' speech is like beating up a crippled person for using a wheelchair instead of walking efficiently like everyone else. The World Eaters can never function as a legion because they are objectively shit. The legions weren't equal in every way, some were better in specific ways, the World Eaters were inferior to everyone at everything, but with the butcher's nails they could at least be good at suicidal charges.

Better to be good at one specific thing and shit at everything else than shit at everything period.

>> No.31693780
File: 627 KB, 868x1233, ultramarines_2nd_comapny_banner_by_sunradio-d7ajco1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693780

>>31693709
Fuck year!

>> No.31693793

>>31680315
>"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."
Angron's Told Status:
[ ] Not Told
[X]Told
[X]No Country for Told Men
[X]Knight of the Told Republic
[X]Called up the Telling Hotline and Got Put on TOLD

>> No.31693794

>>31693709
Buuuullshhiiiiiiiiiite!
Horus' Wloves had the best planetcout.
And even with their superior numbers it was impossible for Ultras to have the best score since they worked so hard to turn every single planet they took into a NIIIIIIIIIICE PLAAAACE

>> No.31693802
File: 974 KB, 1738x1509, Peturabo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693802

Peturabo looks like an angry Winston Churchill.

>> No.31693821

>>31693794
Horus' Wolves had the best record when it came to CONQUERING worlds. Guilliman had many bloodlessly capitulate.

>> No.31693838
File: 2.60 MB, 1123x1490, 2nd_Co._Cpt._Sicarius.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693838

>>31693780
Lose once in 150 years as Captain, and the entire Imperium's morale suffers.

Being a captain among the Greatest of All Space Marines, and Captain of the Greatest Fighting Force in the Imperium, is suffering.

>> No.31693878

>>31693821
Nope.
>>31693838
And this is actively homo.

>> No.31693892

>>31693878
>Nope
Two codices and a rulebook say this is the case. Deal with it faggot.

>And this is actively homo.
You have a problem with based Kelly fluff?

>> No.31693899
File: 762 KB, 868x1228, ultra_1st_company_sunradio_by_sunradio-d7ajco7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693899

>>31693838
Agemman is cool too.
>>31693878
Deal with it you fucking nerd, that's from the 6e codex.

>> No.31693954

>>31693899
Actually it's the 2nd and 5th edition codices, and 6th edition rulebook.

I don't think it's mentioned in the 6th edition codex

>> No.31693967
File: 680 KB, 868x1228, ultra_3rd_company_sunradio_by_sunradio-d7ajcod.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31693967

>>31693954
Apologies. Point stands.

>> No.31694010
File: 96 KB, 661x512, ULTRAASFUCK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694010

>>31693967
Yup, it's good being the best.

>> No.31694013

>>31693899
>>31693892
>taking the bait

>> No.31694027
File: 95 KB, 310x1094, img41409381bfa8e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694027

>>31693706
>homoerotic BDSM fapfiction

Well, they are Space Marines. Emperor's Children Space Marines.

>> No.31694053

>>31693793
TOLD STATUS:
[ ] NOT TOLD
[x] TOLD
[x] FUCKING TOLD
[x] CASH4TOLD.COM
[x] KNIGHTS OF THE TOLD REPUBLIC
[x] TOLDERONE
[x] STONE TOLD STEVE AUSTIN
[x] CURE FOR THE COMMON TOLD
[x] BEN TOLDS
[x] THE 40 YEAR TOLD VIRGIN
[x] 007: TOLDENEYE
[x] TEXAS TOLD’EM
[x] AUSTIN POWERS IN TOLDMEMBER
[x] PTERODACTOLD
[x] TOLDTINO’S PIZZA ROLLS
[x] NO COUNTRY FOR TOLD MEN
[x] 24 CARAT TOLD
[x] ONLY SHOOTING STARS BREAK THE TOLD
[x] GOING ONCE… GOING TWICE… TOLD
[x] GARY TOLDMAN
[x] TOLD SPICE
[x] TOLD STONE CREAMERY
[x] BABY IT’S TOLD OUTSIDE
[x] POKEMON TOLD AND SILVER
[x] TOLD YELLER
[x] EL DORADO: THE LOST CITY OF TOLD
[x] TOLDPLAY
[x] THE TOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL
[x] DANNY DEVITOLD
[x] TOLDEN SUN
[x] FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLDS
[x] CAN’T TEACH A TOLD DOG NEW TRICKS
[x] I AIN’T SAYIN SHE A TOLD DIGGER
[x] TOLDING CHAIR
[x] TOLDIER OF FORTUNE
[x] THE TOLDEN COMPASS
[x] TOLDEN AXE
[x] TOLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM
[x] ROCKIN TO THE TOLDIES
[x] BATTLETOLDS
[x] YE TOLDE PUB
[x] TOLDEN CAULFIELD
[x] THE TOLD MAN AND THE SEA
[x] TOLD MEDAL WINNER AT THE OLYMPICS

>> No.31694100
File: 144 KB, 600x795, Marneus_Calgar_by_Karl_Kopinski.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694100

>>31694010
"The Ultramarines are undoubtedly the best Space Marines ever. Yes, really! Thanks to the heritage of Guilliman and their myriad heroic deeds, the Ultramarines are the exemplars of the Space Marines. With a few fringe exceptions who have severe mutations or stolid stubbornness all Space Marine Chapters want to be like the Ultramarines and recognize Marneus Calgar as their spiritual liege."

It's tough on the top.

>> No.31694118
File: 69 KB, 529x469, ULTRA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694118

>>31694100
Such expectation. But the Ultramarines are up to the task of being the greatest.

>> No.31694149
File: 117 KB, 338x895, 1380636491568.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694149

>>31694100
playing ultramarines is the greatest privilege

>> No.31694154
File: 80 KB, 479x639, Calgar_playa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694154

>>31694100
Get that shitty fan art out of here, we all know that a respectable gentleman can't leave home without his hat.

>> No.31694203
File: 331 KB, 1280x1024, wreckitcalgar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694203

>>31694154
>>31694100
>Shitty photoshops that do not depict our Spiritual Liege in his true glory.

>> No.31694224
File: 178 KB, 900x823, Ultramarines_Tyrannic_War_Veteran.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694224

>>31693967
>Tyrannic war veterans
God I want more of these guys. Someone needs to follow up that story of fifteen chapters getting swirlied by a Leviathan tendril with a bunch of battle-hardened Tyrannics showing up to say 'this is how you do it you fucking idiots' and smashing it. Then again, the nids players get few enough victories as it is.

>> No.31694243
File: 1.96 MB, 1179x1554, Calgar_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694243

>>31694203
I was expecting ward and was disappointed

>> No.31694248

>>31694224
It's what happens when you choose the NPC race, least of all the NPC race facing the protagonists of the setting.

>> No.31694251

>>31694053
IT STOPPED BEING FUNNY TWO DAYS AGO DAMMIT

>> No.31694278
File: 878 KB, 728x1000, Roboute_Guilliman_Aerion_the_Faithful.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694278

>>31694224
Those aren't Tyrannic War vets. The 3rd Company has a banner than involves Tyranids getting killed because seriously FUCK Tyranids.

>> No.31694287
File: 10 KB, 217x200, 1780816_10203087162037820_1371525968_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31694287

>>31694251
:^(
If you say so anon...

>> No.31694817

Angron ever since the Heresy books came out. He has the best reason to turn to chaos. His reasoning is that he is pretty much Conan. Except there are two conans outside of the movie. The slaughtering asshole Conan who lives only to fuck bitches and the heroic adventurer fighting for freedom. So he can either be a bloodthirsty monster or he can up and rebel here and now against the imperium. He's the only primarch that acknowledges that the crusade was heinously evil and that even just ignoring it would make him complicit.


On that same note, Vulcan went from the top to the worst ever. Instead of just being a bro who wants to help his folk out, now we have a whiny little bitch who is constantly surprised that his genocidal campaigns means he he will be murdering children. Which he feels guilty about. Not enough to you know, stop doing it, just enough that he'll whine every fucking book. They say he's the most humane and noble but by great galloping ceasers ghost do they fail to show how.

>> No.31695493

>>31694278
Chapter Banner too.

>> No.31696857
File: 173 KB, 494x712, Angron_Mourning.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31696857

>>31694817
Angron is like Spartacus with a lobotomy. The nails in his brain have really ruined him as a person. Without them, he probably could have been the intellectual equal of any other primarch.

Haters go on and on about how he is just a whiny berserker but consider his perspective. Have you ever had a really bad headache? Like a hangover so bad you want to scoop out your own brain with your own fingernails? Son, you haven't even touched the sort of migraine Angron feels every second of every day. The only time the nails in his brain aren't causing such hideous brain damage that his nose bleeds is when he goes full berserk. How well can you think when you feel like you have a jackhammer in your brain?

His few lucid moments are when you can see his true character come out. A noble warrior trying to stick up for the only family he ever knew. Doing what little his damaged mind could manage to cast off the shackles placed on his fellow man by the upper class. None of it ever worked out though. His adoptive family was left to die while his genetic family treated him like an invalid.

Here, Ill post what Angron said before he "got told" by his arrogant brother.

>> No.31696928
File: 91 KB, 542x538, butchnails_final.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31696928

>>31696857
"Childish? The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilisation to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong cultured kingdom?

And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives?

Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom that enslaves you, no matter that their armies overshadow yours by ten thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy of others. You know nothing of honour"

>> No.31697193

>>31696928
Nah, I'm sorry, Guilliman fucking roasted him.

CORAX WAS A SLAVE TOO, YOU SEE HIM WHINING FAGRON?

>> No.31697221

>>31696928
And then Guilliman spoke two lines and:
>>31694053
>>31693793

>> No.31697903
File: 609 KB, 900x662, unremembered-empire-large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31697903

>>31697193
>>31697221
To each their own I guess. Some of us just like our characters to have a bit more motive for overthrowing daddy than "well.... he *could* be dead...."

Angron had his brain cut up. What the hell is Rawbutt's excuse for being a dumbass?

>> No.31697981

>>31697221
ITT calling a mutilated slave a slave is a serious rebuttal, and someone being proud that the have overcome more adversity than you can even imagine is whining. Just let them go back to fapping over titans committing genocide and leave thinking to another thread.

btw I even like Guilliman.

>> No.31698005

>>31697903
>overthrowing daddy
But he didn't. He legitimately thought he was dead, Sanguinius did too.

>> No.31698190
File: 42 KB, 989x679, everythang.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31698190

>>31679622

First name basis, eh :)

>> No.31698201

>>31698005
So... the lighthouse goes down for a little while and Girlyman starts up a new empire... You don't think he jumped the gun just a little?

If only that book ended a bit more like this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtzA0A7w90

>> No.31698307

>>31680643

I see that picture & want to collect the set. Where are they!

>> No.31698315

>>31697981
It was really just him calling Angron out on his shit.

Guilliman was more or less telling him to get the fuck over it. it was 200 or so years ago grow the fuck up.

>> No.31698364

This is kinda what sold me on Guilliman.

>He is accomplished, very accomplished, even by the standards of the primarchs. He knows that the breadth of his accomplishments troubles his more single-minded brothers like Lorgar and Perturabo. He never displays the pitch of fury found in Angron, nor do his eyes ever ignite with the psychotic gleam of Russ.
He is a high achiever. He knows this about himself. Sometimes it feels like a fault that he has to excuse to his brothers, but then he feels guilty for making excuses. Few of them really trust him, because, he feels, they always wonder what he’s going to get from any compact or cooperation. Fewer still like him: as friends, he counts only Dorn, Ferrus, Sanguinius and Horus.
Some of his brothers are content to be the instruments of crusade they have become. Some of them don’t even pause to consider that is what they are. Angron, Russ, Ferrus, Perturabo… They are just weapons, and have no ambition beyond being weapons. They know their place, like Russ, and are content to keep to it, or they have no idea that any other role might be possible or desirable, like Angron.
Guilliman believes that none of them were made to be just weapons. No war is meant to last forever. The Emperor, his father, has not raised disposable sons. Why would he have gifted them with such talents if they were destined to become redundant when the war is done?

>> No.31698419

>>31698315
You tell a pissed off, hulked out, child abused, brain damaged, lobotomy victim to get over it... and seriously expect a result other than getting your ass kicked? It must have been his turn to catch the idiot ball (along with anyone else that defends this).

>> No.31698431
File: 190 KB, 667x800, Konrad Curze.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31698431

Curze, Guilliman, and Mortarion.
I (im)patiently await their Forgeworld models.

>> No.31698459
File: 13 KB, 1533x147, UnrememberedEmpire.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31698459

>>31697903

>> No.31698535

>>31696928
>Childish? The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilisation to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong cultured kingdom?
>I HAD A BAD CHILDHOOD THEREFORE I'M RIGHT

Nah. Guilliman was right to call Angron out on his bullshit. He's not making some deep philosophical point, he's just harping on the old 'my life was worse than yours so I'm obviously the more learned person now' idea. He might as well be telling Gwilly to check his privilege.

>> No.31698565

>>31698419
because empathy would have totatly calmed Angron down.


nah son. Angron is one of those shits who has never been properly put in his place and because of that he has been allowed to throw a tantrum for 200 years.

Guilliman certainly wasn't going to get through to him no matter what he said. but i respect that he called a spade a spade and didn't sugarcoat it to the crybaby.

>> No.31698603

>>31698459
that pissed me right the fuck off.
among all the other problems in that book.

but if they wanted an immortal assassin to cause the destruction of the human race why MLK?

why not say he killed JFK? that had far more potential to start a nuclear holocaust than MLK.

>> No.31698639

>>31698603
JFK is also a much more famous center of conspiracy theories. There are a couple around MLK but nowhere near the amount JFKs death created.

>> No.31698678

>>31698639
so you agree?

>> No.31698766
File: 141 KB, 400x323, MattDamon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31698766

>>31698678
oh yeah

>> No.31698800

>>31698459
Hahaha! While it is a good out-of-universe reason, Guilliman was still the star of the show.

>>31698535
>>31698565
I think you missed the point. A little bit of empathy from his father and brothers would have changed Angron early on. Observe the effect Lorgar had on his psyche just by (acting?) giving a shit.

Ya know... scratch that. You guys haven't read the book, have you? Theres no way anyone who read that book would believe Angron was a lost cause or a cry baby. I refuse to believe anyone could be that thick.

>> No.31698930

>>31698800
I read Betrayer.
hell i liked it.

I agree Angron got the shit end of the stick but by that point nothing Guilliman could have said would have have changed his mind. and at that point Angron had already slaughtered billions of innocents because of his fucking daddy issues. all sympathy really goes out the door once you get to that point.

>> No.31698974

>>31698800
>>31698930
I've got a joke.

what's the difference between a cow and Angron's daddy issues.

you can't milk a cow for 200 years!

>> No.31699198

>>31698930
You need to re-read chapter 18. Could *you* have gotten over it with your unmodified brain? Would you have wanted to "get over it" while your whole family thought you were worthless?

>> No.31699264
File: 19 KB, 300x400, 1360534530729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31699264

>>31698974
>>31698800
#rekt

>> No.31699338

>>31699198
Angron uses that whole butchers nails thing as a crutch. Every primarch had a shit childhood, except for Guilliman, he's nothing special.

the Lion grew up alone on a deathworld, Corax was a slave as well, you don't see them bitching about it forever.

frankly the emperor probably should have put him down like sick dog.

and to answer your question, there are plenty of people who came from abusive homes who overcame and made something of themselves.
having a shit childhood doesn't excuse your actions.

>> No.31699553
File: 1.14 MB, 827x1169, 1396936050630.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31699553

>>31668433
Dorn. He really just wants his brothers to take their fucking jobs seriously like the super enhanced genetic goliaths that they actually are, but everyone pretty much flat out refuses to behave like adults.

>> No.31699582

>>31699338
You didn't actually answer my question. If your first memory was a bunch of people trying to kill you. If your brain was cut up to the point where you couldn't have a coherent thought without being goaded into a rage. What would *you* do? Forgive the people who stole you from your family? Forgive your "brothers" for treating you like filth?

>> No.31699767

Yeah, silly daddy issues like being forcible teleported away on the eve of the only people he had ever known or cared for being slaughtered to a man after swearing to die with them and trying to honoring that oath by refusing the Emperor's offer for his personal safety after learning the Emperor HAD BEEN WATCHING his doomed revolt of blood sport slaves.

You don't "get over" having frenzy-inducing machines irreversibly stuck into your brain stem, and EVERY FUCKING SPACE MARINE WAS A MASS MURDERER DURING THE CRUSADE.

>> No.31699914

>>31699767
>You don't "get over" having frenzy-inducing machines irreversibly stuck into your brain stem,
not with that attitude.

>> No.31700156

>>31699914
lul

Irreversibly brain damage and probable psychosis: Walk it off!

Now I'm curious about what sort of machines you can stick in a marine's brain. Marines getting new limbs seems common place ,and really fucked up marine can be tossed in a dreadnaught for a few hundred year before they go full retard. Anyone have information on marines suffering brain damage re-entering duty?

>> No.31700318

>>31699582
>>31699767
this is the problem with the fucking butcher's nails. They completely wreck Angron's character, insofar as that you can't discuss him without the issue of the Nails immediately overshadowing everything and devolving the conversation to "but the poor baby never had a chaaance".

Of all the things that the HH series changed, dropped, or reimagined the Nails should have been one of them. They're not even relevant post-Heresy since the World Eaters run on Khorne rage. You can still have Angron raised as a gladiator-slave, but without the nails you can have a character whose rages are the product of his raising and his own crazed nature instead of mechanical rage lol. If you must keep them then change it so that the Emperor could remove them but Angron blows him off, clinging to his modification as a kind of stockholm syndrome or stubborn bullheadedness or something, something that puts his subesquent actions on his own head instead of 'DM fiat says the nails stay in lol' Or else just have them only activate in combat so that outside of it the man is still his own man. As it is Angron is practically a subhuman, ruled by a power outside his control and less of a character than a plot device, because everything in his life Heresy-era revolves around the fucking nails.

>> No.31700417

>>31700318
>the Emperor could remove them but Angron blows him off
Pretty sure I did that.

>> No.31701280

>>31700318
You can have a interesting character with a disability without them being a charity case. Not being able to sympathize with other's short comings (natural or not) without belittling them is part of the whole diversity thing that I'm sure many of the people drawn to the SPAZ MARINE SMASH RAWR background ignore or even mock. I mean this whole thread is about who is the most awesome fictional character based of mediocre writing from who knows how many different writers. The idea that a one page long exchange between someone lashing out with insults and someone else being condencending having merit on the character's worth is pretty dim.

I do agree that Angron having a choice about keeping the butcher's nail or not would have made a more interesting character.

>> No.31702467

>>31680518
I ignore the HH books and you should too.

>> No.31702467,1 [INTERNAL] 

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2013/3/28/281699__safe_ponified_warhammer+40k_black+eye_warhammer+30k_god-dash-emperor+of+mankind_primarch_sanguinius_leman+russ_fulgrim.jpeg
Lorgar. Best face.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action