Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 1.00 MB, 1000x715, 1396537470043.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31238681 No.31238681 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

My character drowns her sorrows in hedonism, with lots of substance abuse.
But I also want her to use male prostitutes.
How can I go about this without becoming That Guy?

>> No.31238716

Don't get all graphic and detailed about it?

"My character spends the rest of the evening indulging in alcohol, drugs, and pleasurable male company."

>> No.31238756

>>31238681
Would she really need to hire male prostitutes to get sex?

I mean, surely a drunk girl in a bar/tavern would have no trouble ending up in bed with a guy for free.

>> No.31238808

>>31238716

That's so artificial, it feels even worse.

OP, just describe the character spending her time. When it's time to move on to another scene, describe her having difficulties stopping and parting ways withher honeyboys.

>> No.31238830

>>31238756

Well that would make her slutty, having her open to sex for any man. If you hire a professional sexworker you're not a slut, because it's a specific employment for this specific job.

>> No.31238864

>>31238808
1. Artificial is the only way to do it.
2. What you want is roleplaying. You can't roleplay something like that without it being terrible.
3. Kill off your character and make a standardized murderhobo like you're supposed to.

>> No.31238867

>>31238681
You won't be That Guy unless you try to steal the spotlight by constantly reminding everyone how much sex your character is having with male prostitutes. Just describe it like every other substance abuse your character indulge herself in.

>> No.31238882

>>31238756
Yeah, but free sex isn't necessarily good sex

>> No.31238934

>>31238681
You are likely a dude who is playing a female character. You gave her flaws. The fact that you want to focus on these flaws makes your character a special snowflake.
You are That Guy. Get out.

>> No.31238958

>>31238934
>The fact that you want to focus on these flaws makes your character a special snowflake.

Dear god. You must be a TERRIBLE roleplayer.

>> No.31238996

OP here. Thanks for the advice!
Casually mentioning it alongside her other hedonistic activities is what I'm gonna try.
Paying and kicking one out in the morning works alongside describing the hangover.

And yes, she hires professional male prostitutes because they're reliable and she's not a slut.

>> No.31239026

>>31238934
This just in, Hamlet and Lear are shit character and Shakespeare is That Guy.

>> No.31239043

>>31238681

You already are

>> No.31239512

>>31238996
Tie it in with her drug abuse, occasionally have her invite other party members to join in her coke binges and sex orgies.

If they accept, roleplay it out in a way that makes it clear she's extremely damaged verging on insanity.

>> No.31239580
File: 1.90 MB, 1600x1067, Doctorsatyourhome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31239580

Femanon here who has a similar character. She's an ex soldier who suffers from PTSD and body dysmorphia from a reincarnation spell; and she too self medicates with copious amounts of alcohol and occasional (okay, more than occasional) sex with strangers.

It's simple. Rarely if ever bring it up. Have the aftermath be more obvious. Usually, for my character, the most she does is tell the party she's going to go out for the evening. She never brings up where or what she is going to do; and she is embarrassed by her activities. If a team mate tags along, she's probably going to drink at most, try to lose the other player or go back to wherever she is sleeping after drinking a bit.

If she does have her flings, she is usually subtle about it. You will probably never find her in bed with a guy. At most, she turns up in the mornings, desheveled and hung over to return to her bed to sleep further. I haven't gotten to this part yet, but she is going to become pregnant occasionally and then hunt down some herbs at local apothecaries to cause a miscarriage so she doesn't have to deal with raising a child. The only way other players are going to notice that is that she might be randomly sick during a campaign, have a hard time keeping down foods or she is extraordinarily hungry, followed by her simply being found chewing on some rather bitter herbs or tea throughout a few days. When asked, she will give no explanation and simply tell the others to mind their own business and fuck off.

You don't have to fade to black, because that is so canned and cheesy. However, you just have to know how to appropriately hide your activities. She is an addict, and she is embarrassed; doesn't want her friends to see the broken "whore" she has become.

>> No.31239599

>>31238681

If she's blowing all her cash on other shit she probably isn't gonna pay for sex. Also that guy territory. The best way to handle this is with tasteful glossovers and allusion.

"I spend my night trying to forget about all this bullshit. I don't care what it takes. Drinks, drugs, men, whatever."

Concise, to the point, and it avoids that guy territory by focusing on the malaise instead of OMG TIME TO AHEGAO.

>> No.31239603

>>31239026
Hamlet actually would be a THAT GUY type of character in a /tg/ related game.

There's a lot that a character can get away with when he's the protagonist of a story that would really disrupt the party dynamic in a tabletop game.

>> No.31239702

>>31239580
Posts like this make me glad I don't play drama-filled games.

>> No.31239733

>>31238756
Control. Someone who debases their like like that usually has issues with it. By paying for sex she can feel like she's in control.

>> No.31239769

>>31239580
I *almost* facepalmed when I got to "body dysmorphia" but then read "from a reincarnation spell" and felt better. Nice idea, might I add.

And it might be easier for your character to just take a regular herbal dosage of herbal contraceptive, rather than "morning after" herbs. Not only will she not get pregnant, but there's no menstruation either.

>> No.31239772
File: 431 KB, 700x891, 1304554184737.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31239772

>>31239702

It's not a drama filled game, really. I just like hiding this kind of shit in plane sight.

"Her? Oh, no, she drinks occasionally, and she has a lot of alone time, but I wouldn't never say she's a problem!"

It's more politics and being a mercenary than her whining about her terrible life. Drinking helps her forget the things she's done in the war and lets her be happy and playful. Sex helps her come to terms with her new body. It's called self medicating for a reason, she does it to feel better, and it seems to work for the most part.

>> No.31239857

>>31239769

Thanks. I tend to put a bit of thought into my characters, even if it is a dungeon crawl. There are little hints scattered throughout that she isn't an elf either (only the DM knows she was reincarnated), such as having no elf racial traits that one would acquire due to upbringing. For example, she doesn't speak any elven languages, nor does she have any feats or abilities with racial items. TL;DR: I don't let other players look at my character sheet, she occasionally lies and keep secrets from the other players to hide this fact from others (she owes a ton of money in her past life).

>And it might be easier for your character to just take a regular herbal dosage of herbal contraceptive, rather than "morning after" herbs. Not only will she not get pregnant, but there's no menstruation either.

Oh, I never thought of that! Thanks! Might have her do it after her first pregnancy scare. /tg/, you have the best ideas!

>> No.31239926

>>31239772
Not to be a douche, but it looks like your character is running away from her problems (with alcohol) or is trying to deny their existence ("I'm not comfortable with my body, let's have sex to prove me it's awesome"). Those are coping mechanism, but not what someone should call "healthy".

Also, is it me, or does everyone portray hedonists as "broken" people trying to escape their dire life by overindulging?

>> No.31239930

>>31239580
>I haven't gotten to this part yet, but she is going to become pregnant occasionally and then hunt down some herbs at local apothecaries to cause a miscarriage so she doesn't have to deal with raising a child. The only way other players are going to notice that is that she might be randomly sick during a campaign, have a hard time keeping down foods or she is extraordinarily hungry, followed by her simply being found chewing on some rather bitter herbs or tea throughout a few days. When asked, she will give no explanation and simply tell the others to mind their own business and fuck off.
This is honestly kind of awful, though the rest of your character concept seems pretty cool.

>>31239769
>And it might be easier for your character to just take a regular herbal dosage of herbal contraceptive, rather than "morning after" herbs. Not only will she not get pregnant, but there's no menstruation either.
I'd definitely go with this instead.

>> No.31240018

>>31239930
The entire bit about the miscarriages seems entirely unnecessary.
Why not just prevent the entire pregnancy in general or something? Fuck.

>> No.31240023

>>31239926

You're welcome to thinks as much, but these methods really do help people suffering from such things. Although, sex with BDD is kind of a mix up. It either helps a lot over time, or makes things way worse. But, considering she continues these activities, it's clearly not making her BDD worse.

Polite sage.

>> No.31240138

>>31240023
Once again, I'm not trying to be rude, but is your character actually alcoholic? As in, physically alchohol-dependent?

>> No.31240249

>>31240138

Haven't made up my mind yet. She is certainly functional without it thus far. Though, she might take a shot of grog before she knows she's going to enter a fight. I have a hard time truly understanding physical addiction, so it can be difficult for me to play out.

At most, I see her zoning out more often without it for longer periods, but that had yet to happen for long periods, and she's decent at pacing out what she has.

>> No.31240530

OP here. This turned out to be a cool thread.
Good ideas and insights all around.

My character is a veteran too, but she's middle aged, so she's more in control. Her hedonism is slow and steady rather than impulsive binges. Hence male prostitutes instead of men in general.

>> No.31240599

>>31238830
That's a stupid opinion, I wouldn't call a guy that picked up a lot a slut, why would it be any different for a chick?
OP you sound like your playing the standard boozing and whoring adventurer, just with a vagina. Give her a little more depth and it could be a really good character
Starbuck from BSG is a good point of reference

>> No.31240615

>>31238681
By playing such a character you are already That Guy by default, I'm sorry.

>> No.31240617

A paladin character of mine was in danger of alcoholism and despair after failing to save her friends and loved ones from death multiple times. She tried to hold to a Just path, and do the right thing, but people kept dying.

The worst was the time when the grizzled veteran warmage died because he tried to save her from a Frost Worm's death throes.

>> No.31240678

>>31240615

It's possible to do without being That Guy™. You just have to be subtle!

>> No.31240697

Do only I think that's retarded? Do you even have gf OP?

>>31240615
Ye, that's exactly what I thought.

>> No.31240708

Don't dwell too much on it and for Christ's sake don't get graphic about it.

>> No.31240775

>>31238808
>That's so artificial, it feels even worse.
If you use her name instead of "My character" it will feel better.

>> No.31240960

Ugh. When did roleplaying get so disgusting?

The only proper statement to have when involving your character is "Hello, my name is [CHARACTER NAME]. I am a [RACE] [CLASS]. I am skilled at [INSERT UP TO 3 SKILLS]. I came here to [WHAT YOUR CLASS DOES] and get loot."

That's it. It's that simple. But now it's "Oh boo hoo hoo, my character has problems. We came here to play tabletop games, not have a fuckin drama.

>> No.31241030

>>31240960

What about raceless, clasless systems

>> No.31241076

I play a male prostitute, OP. Maybe I could be your boyfriend tonight.

>> No.31241106
File: 45 KB, 600x459, 1396548585876.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31241106

>>31240960
>>Fresh bait here! Get your fresh bait m'lords!

>> No.31241595

>>31241076
Tell us about your character.

>> No.31241640

>>31241106
Gods and angels, what great baits these are!

>> No.31241682

>>31240599
> I wouldn't call a guy that picked up a lot a slut, why would it be any different for a chick?

Double standard. Some people think women have to remains "pure" or whatever the crap, while a man who sleep with a lot of women is supposed to be "awesome".

That's bullshit

>> No.31241712

>>31240697
I think it's retarded that he's so concerned about her being a slut, considering her personality and nature, but other than that, it doesn't seem too bad.

Embrace your character's flaws for what they are, OP, or don't use them. That kind of half-assed justification (she sleeps with a lot of people but she's not a slut because she paid them) is dumb.

>> No.31241754

>>31241712
An hedonist woud just care about the pleasure of the experience. Whatever the experience is.

But, frankly, is hedonism considered to be a character flaw?

>> No.31241770

>>31241682

Men compete for sex at all, women compete for sex with the best man.

>> No.31241783

>>31239926
>Also, is it me, or does everyone portray hedonists as "broken" people trying to escape their dire life by overindulging?
It's either that or spoiled asshole who goes out every night spending his parent's money.

At least drowning your sorrows is interesting.

>> No.31241804

>>31241754
I wouldn't say so, but scanning the thread, OP seems pretty hung up on the slut thing.

>> No.31241810
File: 91 KB, 500x499, 1392414673417.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31241810

I'm a DM. I drown my sorrows in hedonism, with lots of substance abuse.

>> No.31241832

>>31238681

My character drowns his sorrows in the warmth and support of two very lovely parents, from whom he was not orphaned, and with whom he has a very healthy relationship.

My buddies keep bringing these grim, enigmatic orphaned-at-birth wanderers to the table. Fuck that, my character goes home for Harvestday dinner.

>> No.31241853

>>31241770
Yeah, people are thaught that from early. But if someone was logical,the man doing that should be the "slut", then. Since he have sex with a lot of people without caring who it is.

Expecting someone to behave differently than you do while given the same opportunity is hypocritical. Hence: bullshit.

>> No.31241863

>>31239580
Btw I'm a grills ^^

>> No.31241896
File: 213 KB, 500x375, orphans.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31241896

>>31241832
DM here. Can I replace both the angsty druid, the lolevil tiefling and the cocky elf with you?

>> No.31241904

>>31241832

>"How was adventuring today, bubby?"
>"It went fine. Cleared out a cabal of gnolls."
>"Gave 'em hell, son?"
>"You bet, dad, but I couldn't have done it without my companions."
>"I'd settle for you having just ONE 'companion'..."
>"Mom, adventuring isn't a great way to meet women."
>"You told us about that girl last week- Lady whatshername-"
>"Lady Bloodharrow?"
>"-Bloodharrow! What was wrong with her?"
>"She was a skinwalker, mom, she fed on human despair."
>"Well never you mind me, but you're not getting any younger and I want grandkids."

>> No.31241911

>>31241853

People are taught that from early times because it has a basis in reality. Male standards for "can I boink this?" are far lower than female standards. There is a gap then, between male and female sexuality. Male sexual strategies evolved entirely different from female sexual strategies.

>Expecting someone to behave differently than you do while given the same opportunity is hypocritical.

Only if you expect them to have the same values you do. I do not expect a woman to have the same values as I do, shit, I don't even expect YOU to have the same values I do. Why should I expect you to act as I would? We're both rational creatures, yes, but we don't apply that rationality in the same manner, so don't you dare spout off about hypocrisy to me.

>> No.31241920

>>31241863

Way to contribute to the thread, dickface

>> No.31241926

>>31241783
Hedonist could also be people who want to be happy and do everything in their power to make everyone as happy as they are. It's not because you like pleasure that you're a selfish prick or a gloomy person trying to forget the world's problems.

>> No.31241933

>>31241832
Don't be to hard on them, they may have had bad experiences with other GMs.

If you don't give your character a family, then they can't be killed off for cheap drama.

>> No.31241934
File: 62 KB, 480x270, 1396552018732.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31241934

>>31238934
>The fact that you want to focus on these flaws makes your character a special snowflake.
It's official, the term "special snowflake" has lost all meaning.

>> No.31241953

>>31241904
>"What about that Dourgrave girl?"
>"MOM. SHE'S A NECROMANCER."
>"Just saying!"

>> No.31241967

>>31241953
And yet they freak out when he brings home an half-orc.

>> No.31241999

>>31241804
I don't think it's unfitting for a character to get hung up on labels. People get hung up on labels all the time in real life.

His character is someone who likes having sex but wants to avoid being thought of as "Easy." She pays for prostitutes because it affords her the illusion of control over her own bad habits, and probably would in the eyes of much of society as well. No judgment-incapacitating drink or drugs, nor coercion, just a business transaction.

For a point of reference, this guy my dad knew in the navy was HIGHLY ADAMANT about the fact that he was, quote, "A drunk, not an alcoholic." An alcoholic is someone with a psychological dependency on drinking, a drunk is just someone who drinks too much because they like booze.

>> No.31242007
File: 731 KB, 850x1328, IMG_0645.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31242007

>>31241967
"Oh but that elven girl in your party is so cute!" "She's also the first to dig through corpses. Did you know she collects their hearts, mom? Their HEARTS."

>> No.31242026

>>31241933

>"Hey mom, hey dad!"
>"Son, has that Dreadlord Gor'gar been giving you trouble again?"
>"Has what?"
>"You remember, the lord of air and darkness you and your friends vanquished last year."
>"Oh, you did so good bubby, we are so proud of you."
>"I haven't- why, what's wrong? What happened to the table?"
>"Never you mind. Your father had to teach the Dreadlord's men a lesson. They came by looking for you-"
>"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I'd never want to put you two in jeapordy."
>"Never you mind that, I made some sheaphard's pie, you look famished."
>"Take a load off, son, tell us about this Baroness Calcifia."
>"Oh, that - are you sure you're both ok? Did the Dreadlord send assassins or-"
>"We're fine, we're fine, you worry. What about this lady, then, a baroness?"
>"She drinks human bones, mom."
>"Well nobody is perfect, sweetheart, a relationship is hard work."

>> No.31242064

>>31241904
>"Oh, what about that lovely elvish woman you were traveling with a few weeks back? She was nice."
>"That was Tom. He's a man."
>"Really? Because "he" was VERY well endowed for a crossdresser."
>"He got impatient while we were dividing up the loot and put on a cursed girdle. We're going to get the curse broken pretty soon, nothing's happening there."
>"Honey, I've heard about those kinds of things before. Those transformations are *very* thorough, you coul-
>"Oh gods stop, mom, just stop."

>> No.31242083

>>31242064
>Laying in bed
>Images of Tom haunting him
>"-feels like I'm wearing NOTHING AT ALL, NOTHING AT ALL, NOTHING AT ALL..."
>Damn it, mom.

>> No.31242088

>>31241926
No, but valuing pleasure above all other things certainly doesn't speak well for someone having the kind of mindset to think on other people's behalf about it.

>> No.31242116

>>31242026
Now I'm getting the impression that one of them is a former adventurer, the other was a BBEG, and they met "on the job."

>> No.31242137

>>31241911
>Only if you expect them to have the same values you do
>Why should I expect you to act as I would?

I meant: you can't expect people to act differently than you and be offended when they do act like you do without being hypocritical

Exemple:
>Alice and Bob are in a committed relationship
>Bob cheats on Alice with Cloe
>Bob sees nothing wrong with that
>Bob learns Alice cheated on him with Desmond after she learned his affair
>Bob is fucking angry because how dare she

Other exemple:
>Bob doesn't pay his buss ride
>Bob is disappointed when Alice tell him she didn't pay her buss ride either

In both exemple, Bob is an hypocrytical jerk. Sure, Alice is wrong, too, but that doesn't mean Bob can bitch about it.

>> No.31242183

>>31242137

I'm not offended when they act differently from me, but I still notice it, and occasionally I still judge them. That too is part of the human condition, because when they act differently from me, they are giving me valuable information on what their value system actually is.

>> No.31242189

>>31241911
>I don't even expect YOU to have the same values I do
>We're both rational creatures, yes
Pick one. Rationality and logic are static.
Hint; pick the first one. Human behavior in general is nowhere near rational.

>> No.31242208

>>31242189
WELCOME TO WAL-MART.

Have a nice day.

>> No.31242218

>>31242189

Human behavior is rational within specific constraints. Insofar as the information is available to them, humans can pick a choice that appears to be the rational one.

Human inability to think more than three seconds in advance stymies this argument somewhat.

>> No.31242266

>>31241754
Hedonism might not be, but overindulgence to the point of detriment definitely is.

Which hedonism encourages by prioritizing indulgence.

>> No.31242267

>>31242183
I'm not talking about when they act differently. I'm talking about when they act the same and you're disappointed in them. Like a parent who get mad because his kid is somking and complain while rolling a cigarette.

Or an unmarried guy who think it's depraved for a woman to have slept before marriage and yet is not a virgin himself

>> No.31242287

>>31242267

Male virginity and female virginity are held to different standards because of differences between the sexes, news at 11

>> No.31242316

>>31242287
Interesting. Which differences in particualr are you talking about?

>> No.31242323

>>31238681
>whithout becoming That Guy
>implying you're not already that guy

>> No.31242334

>>31242316

/lgbt/ pls get back to your containment board.

>> No.31242371

>>31242316
Did you ever consider that a pingas stays the same after loss of virginia but the vaginer typically loses that flap of skin?

>> No.31242389

>>31242334
I'm just asking what would make male virginity and female virginity different. I mean: "Virginity is the state of a person who has never engaged in sexual intercourse" seems pretty unisex to me.

>> No.31242390

OP here. Most of the posts about sluts aren't me. I only made one post saying she's not one, but I agree with most of the arguments presented. It's not important if someone is or is not a slut.
The distinction between hiring male prostitutes and picking up random guys at a bar is what is important for this character.
The character has no affection for people in general. She uses male prostitution to still fulfill the need for intimacy without actually having to be nice to anyone.
The character partakes in hedonistic activities to drown out her sorrows, and is somewhat aware that it is futile. She is not a hedonist in the sense that she enjoys life to the fullest.

This thread turned out to be cool. Everyone has good stories and good opinions. Thanks.

>> No.31242397

>>31242116

>"Hey mom, hey dad."
>"You look down, son, what's wrong?"
>"I'm fine. It's nothing."
>"Oh hush, something is wrong. Let me fix you some food, tell us all about it."
>"It's- well, it was these ghouls. We fought some ghouls today."
>"Oh goodness, that's awful! Your father used to have to fight ghouls, didn't you Roy. Oh he would be such a mess when he got home-"
>"Let the boy talk, sweetheart. What happened?"
>"Nothing, its fine, its nothing. They just... immobilized me for awhile. Let a wraith drain me of levels..."
>"Oh that's just terrible, I'm so sorry. When your father and I were dating he always had to carry around a- what did you call it Roy?"
>"A Ring of Energy Protection"
>"A Ring of Energy Protection. That was back when I was an Ennervatrix. Do you remember that Roy?"
>"An Ennervatrix, sure. Don't let it get to you, son. You should put your armor aside for a night, take it easy."
>"Maybe go down to the tavern tonight- you remember Patti D'Lore from down the road? I bet she'd be there."
>"Mom, she was reincarnated as a trogolaldyte."
>"Oh hush. What, did that negative energy drain affect your levels or your attitude?"

>> No.31242398

>>31242116
Thats a great backstory idea. Mum was a noble paladin, Dad was an evil sorceror, she redeemed him through copious application of love (and fist)

The son is struggling to do his best ot make them proud, unaware that they'd be more than content for him to farm potatoes, they just want him to be happy

>> No.31242400

>>31241810

I'm a DM, I drown my players with sorrows, hedonism and substance abuse,

>> No.31242409

>>31242389

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymen

>> No.31242415

>>31242389
One is associated with a physical condition and has a long history of being prized as a desirable trait.

The other has no physical signs whatsoever and sometimes isn't even believed to exist.

>> No.31242419
File: 514 KB, 1440x810, 1334288756668.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31242419

>>31242397
>"Oh hush. What, did that negative energy drain affect your levels or your attitude?"

>> No.31242433

>>31242415

Male virginity isn't believed to exist?

I'm on /tg/ right now. I believe EVERYONE here is a virgin.

CHECKMATE

>> No.31242438

These stories about lovely parents and fearing to have parents because they might get killed makes me want to play a character who is the child of two high/epic level retired adventurers.

>> No.31242447

>>31242287
>>31242371
>>31242334
You know that hymens dont actually have magic powers right?

>> No.31242466

>>31242447

Who said that they did? There's still a physical basis for a female virginity.

>> No.31242471

>>31241832
My half-elf is happily married and adventures to bring home mystical artifacts for his shamaness wife to offer to the gods to support the tribe they both love. He doesn't get on well with his father, but that's more a maturity thing - he just never got into the elven mindset. I think they'd get along swimmingly.

>> No.31242474

>>31242409
From this article (literally, the second paragraph): "The effects of sexual intercourse and childbirth on the hymen are variable. If the hymen is sufficiently elastic, it may return to nearly its original condition. In other cases, there may be remnants (carunculae myrtiformes), or it may appear completely absent after repeated penetration.[3][4] Additionally, the hymen may be lacerated by disease, injury, medical examination, masturbation or even physical exercise. For these reasons, the state of the hymen is not a conclusive indicator of virginity."

>>31242415
So, there is no real difference in male or female virginity other than a made up social concept that say "men can have sex" and "women must preserve themselves", right?

>> No.31242480
File: 94 KB, 696x800, 12318495154.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31242480

>>31242447
>>31242474

Out, /lgbt/.

>> No.31242501

>>31242474
No there is a physical basis for female virginity but other than that, yeah who cares. Hell I don't even know why, outside of various religions, virginity is even considered attractive. Unless someone is substantially more attractive than the average person, I wouldn't want to have sex with someone with a high risk of being terrible at it.

>> No.31242502

>>31242480

One graph! With no way to contextualize the data over time!

He's got us. I guess we have to leave now.

>> No.31242506

Femanon here. My hymen broke during hockey practice.

OP, you're already That Guy.

>> No.31242519

>>31242506
>My hymen broke during hockey practice
Are lesbians still virgins?

>> No.31242523

>>31242083
>That warlock girl you told us about sounds like a cutie, maybe you should-
>For crying out loud, mom, she literally sold her soul to the devil!
>I just don't understand it, do you not like women? We'd still love you if you didn't, you know.

>> No.31242525

>>31242474

>So, there is no real difference in male or female virginity other than a made up social concept that say "men can have sex" and "women must preserve themselves", right?

Stemming from an instinctual predisposition on the behalf of both genders, yes. Social constructs are not always arbitrary, and even the arbitrary ones tend to have some perverse logic behind them. You'd think a guy named Scholar of Trivia might know this sort of banal stuff, honestly.

>> No.31242530

>>31242480
Yes men tend to have more dalliance than women.. and? There's nothing inherently wrong with having multiple sexual partners, and thanks to advancing medical technology soon there will nothing wrong at all with it.

>> No.31242538

>>31242397
>"Oh hush. What, did that negative energy drain affect your levels or your attitude?"

Heard this in the voice of a midwestern housewife with just a tinge of Jewish Mother.

Someone find the high-level Wizard who just cast Maximized Disintegrate on my sides

>> No.31242550

>>31242530

>Men have more daliance
>they try to remain married at higher rates than women

que?

>> No.31242560

>>31242530
Did you even read the graph? There are labels on the axis, so you know what it is trying to tell you.

>> No.31242568

>>31242480
Seems like you don't have any argument that could prove me wrong

>>31242390
Thank you, it was an interesting question. Sorry for derailling the thread.

>>31241904
>>31241953
>>31242026
>>31242064
>>31242397

I love this. It's pure genius!

>> No.31242573
File: 52 KB, 612x762, 512532321.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31242573

>>31242502

I could post fifty, but you're already dead set on justifying slut behavior, so whatever.

>>31242530
>There's nothing inherently wrong with having multiple sexual partners

>More likely to have STDs
>More likely to divorce in a marriage

Degenerate pls.

>> No.31242576

>>31242550
>>31242560
Y..Yeah... and? The fuck?

>> No.31242584

>>31242523

>"My paladin companion is proving very capable."
>"Oh that's great to hear, bubby! Where is he from?"
>"The Silverfrond Conclave."
>"Oh an elf! I didn't mean to assume. Is she nice?"
>"His name is Laevario. Its a he."
>"We'll support you no matter what, sweety, and she sounds perfectly lovely too."

>> No.31242590

>>31242573
>inherent
>more likely

dur how I werdz


Also what's with these marriage things all of the sudden? Not being married is a bad thing now?

>> No.31242613

>>31242590
>Not being married is a bad thing now?
Not STAYING married is a sign that you're probably an awful spouse and incapable of forming lasting relationships.

>> No.31242618

>>31242573

Different person. I don't need to justify being a slut. Being a slut is awesome.

>> No.31242627

>>31242576

Last I checked, dalliance implied a casualness about it. If men get divorced less frequently than women, it implies men have less dalliance than women, not more.

>> No.31242630

>>31242519
Depends. DId they have sexual intercourse?

>>31242501
Someone once told me it was because people are afraid that their partners may have had better sex at some point if it isn't their first time.

>> No.31242631

>>31242573
>More likely to get divorced

And that certainly has nothing to do with power dynamics in marriage and the fact that female adultery gets seen as far more damning than male adultery.

>> No.31242643

>>31242573

I'm more interested in 'adventurer interacts with his parents'. What the fuck is everyone else talking about?

>> No.31242647

>>31242590

I mean, if you're trying to say that there's nothing wrong with being a slut because all you want from her is a pump and dump, then sure I agree with you. But among non-degenerates, marriage is considered the apex of a relationship between a man and a woman, and consideration for its possibility is only natural.

>> No.31242655

>>31242643
Some bullshit about whether female sluts are sluttier than man sluts.

I don't give a shit either.

Post happy adventurers with healthy relationships.

>> No.31242660

>>31242647

>among non-degenerates

Opinion discarded.

>> No.31242663

>>31242630
>people are afraid that their partners may have had better sex at some point if it isn't their first time
I've known girls that will continue sleeping with the better sex partner while still dating some guy.

>> No.31242667

>>31242613
A conclusion like that is quite the leap of faith you must admit

>marriage is considered the apex of a relationship between a man and a woman, and consideration for its possibility is only natural

You can think that as hard and as much as you like, doesn't mean other people will think the same thing nor does it mean that simply prescribing it upon someone makes you their moral superior.

>> No.31242675

We need less of >>31242573 and more of >>31242584

>> No.31242677

>>31242631
>the fact that female adultery gets seen as far more damning than male adultery
Yeah, that's why men initiate divorce so much more readily...
Oh wait, you're full of shit.

>> No.31242684

>>31241904
>>31241953
>>31241967
>>31242007
>>31242026
>>31242064
>>31242083
>>31242397
>>31242419
>>31242438
>>31242471
>>31242523
>>31242538
>>31242584

Cap these. Please someone cap these.

>> No.31242692
File: 128 KB, 745x417, 1396555210222.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31242692

>>31242631

>Complaining about power dynamics in marriage
>Most divorces are initiated by the woman

Pls.

I'm done with this discussion. I think the facts speak for themselves and I've derailed enough as it is. >>31242675 is right.

>> No.31242702

>>31242677
Female adultery is seen as far more damning. Thus, end the relationship so the sex is no longer extramarital. Not hard.

>> No.31242715

Daily reminder that sex is a disgusting, useless, primative act that should be banned and punishable by death. We can produce children in labs.

>> No.31242718

>>31242613
More that you were in a bad relationship. It take two people to be a couple.

You wouldn't say to persons who were getting beaten up by the other half of the couple that they're awful spouses and incapable of forming lasting relationship for wanting a divorce, right?

>> No.31242721

>>31238681
I'd say, for having RP'ed drug abusing sluts in the past, make extremely clear that under the appearance you try to give yourself, you are pathetic and sad as fuck.

It's a question of balance you see. If you are in a coma in your own puke in a brothel when your party grabs you to run, they will see that the hedonistic lifestyle isn't fun and games. Also you'll please Spinoza.

>> No.31242758

>>31242718
>>You wouldn't say to persons who were getting beaten up by the other half of the couple that they're awful spouses and incapable of forming lasting relationship for wanting a divorce, right?
And when it happens again and again?

You'll notice that graph had a huge drop off point for females that have had 20+ sexual partners, right?
Consider that males are more likely to have one night stands, and girls are more likely to have a large turnover of boyfriends. Is a man with a lot of one night stands to his name more or less likely to be a bad partner within a long term relationship than a woman who has had a lot of failed relationships?

>> No.31242772
File: 111 KB, 659x582, 1396555502721.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31242772

>>31242692

Hey, don't you dare use me to justify your idiotic beliefs with pretty graphs from questionable sources! Just keep your opinions to yourself.

AND POST MORE HAPPY ADVENTURER STOP HOUR!

>> No.31242797

>>31242758
>And when it happens again and again?
Well, they have bad taste, certainly.

But no, I don't think 'number of times you get your ass beat by some shithead' is damning evidence that you're some kind of terrible person. There's a LOT of psychology that goes into domestic abuse, and a big part of how domestic abusers act is with the exact argument you're putting forward: "You get hurt because you deserve it for being a terrible person and because I am perfect and bringing you good things"

>> No.31242799

>>31242675

>"Someone looks like they had a good day!"
>"You bet, mom. We finally - hey dad - we finally caught up to the Nechronomancer."
>"Is he that dread arcane lord who manipulated the entry of the temporal realms?"
>"Yeah."
>"Oh, I think your father knew him back at the old guild- Roy, didn't you know the Nechronomancer back at the old guild?"
>"Maybe. Did he manipulate the empathy-"
>"Entropy."
>"Right, the entropy of the temporal realms?"
>"Yeah. Yeah dad, that was the Nechronomancer."
>"Oh, well. I never did like him. Used to cheat at squash. Does he still play squash?"
>"I don't know, dad. We locked him in a prison-plane of endless sleep and nightmares."
>"Well good for you, son, I never liked Mark- sorry, the Nechronomancer."

>> No.31242806

>>31242675
You know what, I agree.

/tg/ is actually a nice place when no one bring politics, morality and that kind of stuff into it.

I'm sorry for derailling this thread, but not for the point I made. How about we agree to disagree as the internet assholes we are and enjoy this fantastic story about the not-angsty adventurer and his two happy living parents?

>> No.31242808

>>31242772

>Questionable sources
>CDC National Center for Health Statistics

Okay.

>> No.31242832

>>31242806
Have you ever had an adventurer with a healthy family or marital relationship, which was not derailed by the GM, and which served as a motivation or source of comfort?

I've always kind of wanted to play a halfling that way, sort of a LotR thing where he's got tons of old cousins and friends who he occasionally runs into and has a chat with.

>> No.31242835

>>31242655
>"Dear, why don't you ever invite your friends over for dinner?"
>"I'd rather not."
>"Nonsense! They'd love my Shepard's Pie!"
>"Mom, the last time I went inside a building with my friends, they stole everything of value, and the sorceress burned the place to the ground."
>"So, this sorceress girl, is she cute?"
>"MOM!"

>> No.31242839

>>31242806
Maybe you should avoid bringing your SJW shit into every thread you cumgargling cretinous namefag cunt

>> No.31242844

>>31242808
Hey man, stop trying to prove your point with "facts" and "data", everybody knows that the validity of an opinion is based solely on how good it makes me feel. Take your stodgy old CisHet crap somewhere else.

>> No.31242861

>>31242808

I didn't even look at the damn thing, I just clicked on the nearest infograph and bitched. /pol/ pisses me off a lot as they're not particularly intelligent but love using graphics visually similar as it makes them look smart.

Sorry. I still haven't read your post as I got sick of this shit about half way up.

>> No.31242862

>>31242772

>"This pork pie is delicious, mom."
>"I thought you'd like it. Say, where's that cloak clasp your father gave you?"
>"I don't have it."
>"I can see that. Did you not like it? I saved the receipt, we can return it if you don't like it-"
>"Don't pester the boy, sweetling."
>"-I'm not, Roy, but if he doesn't like it he doesn't like it."
>"No, I just had to give it away."
>"Who'd you give it to? Was it that pretty halfling noble lady?"
>"What? No - she turned out to be an eidolon for the Arch-Mangler anyway. No, I gave it to Laevario."
>"Oh she's sweet. When are you going to bring her around?"
>"Laevario is a he, I've told you that."
>"You know we love you anyway, son."
>"And it's not like that!"

>> No.31242871

>>31242808
>>31242844
Quit being an idiot. You come in here with some statistics that apparently correlate with some ideology you hold, yet have no proven causative relationship. For all we know the reasons for those graphs outcome could be anything from the patriarchy to women are lying cheating whores.

>> No.31242877

>>31242502
>A study shows evidence that I disagree with
>I have no evidence of my own
>It's not that it doesn't exist
>I just don't have it at the moment, or it was never relevant to look up until now
>I'm too lazy to actually look it up and I feel threatened
>Rather than questioning the veracity of the study or the truthfulness of the survey group used I will attack the evidence on the basis of how many studies another anon cited in an informal public discussion
>Yes
>This means I am right for sure

That chart may or may not be reliable itself, but cmon. Don't be a dick about it.

http://scholar.google.com/

Here, if you want to argue against that graph, then go look up some studies. Worse than having one poorly cited source is no source at all.

Which is what you have.

>> No.31242883

Why can't we punish sexual acts by killing the people involved?
There need sto be less sex and more death.

>> No.31242892

>>31242862

>"What? No - she turned out to be an eidolon for the Arch-Mangler anyway. No, I gave it to Laevario."
>"Oh she's sweet. When are you going to bring her around?"
>"Laevario is a he, I've told you that."
>"You know we love you anyway, son."
>"And it's not like that!"

D'aww, how cute. Laevario gave in to Destiny and remained female? Haha, so embarrassed.

>"Right, sure, we love you anyways, son!"

>> No.31242905

>>31242871
>For all we know the reasons for those graphs outcome could be anything from the patriarchy to women are lying cheating whores
Aren't both of those true?

>> No.31242913
File: 257 KB, 1638x1912, 1396353560282.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31242913

>>31242862

I'm starting to suspect Laevario knew the item was cursed all along.

>> No.31242920

Am I the only person here who doesn't give a shit about those adventurer stories?

The first one was okay and all, but it's all the same joke.

>> No.31242927

>>31242892

>"No, mom, it was TOM who had the genderbelt thing-"
>"Well you can't lead them on, bubby, you're going to have to choose one."
>"But I'm not dating either one!"
>"Exactly! Its time you grow up and settle down. No more of this 'one dungeon today, a different tomorrow' nonsense."
>"She's right. When I was your age I'd already toppled your mother's reign of terror and bought a nice plot of land."

>> No.31242930

>>31238681
Shit, that's a lewd pic, OP.

>> No.31242952

>>31242920

>>>/pol/

>> No.31242953

>>31242920

Welcome to /tg/ where the jokes are beaten into the ground instantly and become forced.

>> No.31242957

>>31242927
>"She's right. When I was your age I'd already toppled your mother's reign of terror and bought a nice plot of land.
>"If you know what I mean."
>"DAD!"

>> No.31242961
File: 7 KB, 231x223, 1312928315324.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31242961

>>31242861
>/pol/ pisses me off a lot as they're not particularly intelligent but love using graphics visually similar as it makes them look smart.

Let me make sure I got this right. You hate /pol/ because it backs its opinions up with raw data in visual charts with referenced sources.

I think.. I think I'm just gunna.. I'm gunna go. That's enough internet for today.

>> No.31242990

>>31242953
>>31242920
Well, clearly someone is having fun with it.

So either do something you think is fun, or let them have fun without you.

>>31242961
I'm pretty sure the point he's making is that /pol/ often DOESN'T have sources, but thinks they can make anything look legit with a visually impressive graph.

Which is true.

>> No.31242992

>>31242913

>"Mom, Dad, this is Laevario."
>"I dislike humans and only require your abode for a night's shelter."
>"Nice to meet you, ma'am. I'm Roy, this is Gelda."
>"Oh look at you! You're stick-thin, let me fix you something to eat."
>"Human food is like ash on the tongue compared to even the most bland sylvan cuisine."
>"Silverfrond Conclave, huh? I visited there back when I was still a sword-and-board man. You still have all those trees?"
>"Oh hush, Roy, she doesn't want to hear your tired old stories. Do you drink wine?"
>"Your use of the human feminine pronoun confuses me."
>"Roy's just an old fuddy duddy, never you mind. I love your dress, though."
>"The robes of the Azure Order have been passed down through eons, and harbor dwemors of incredible power, and are not dresses!"
>"I told you, Laevario, I told you that staying with my parents was a bad idea."

>> No.31243008

>>31242920

Are you the only person here who doesn't like fun? No, that's a lot of /tg/ lately.

>> No.31243013

>>31242927
I'm now imagining a better ending for the Black Company.

>> No.31243027

Op: just be honest and upfront.it depends on the group. Some don't like any sex, others don't mind in reason. You are trying to show your character's flaws and traits, same as a man. Indulging in prostitution is not the Same as nailing bar flies. It would make sense that a society with powerful women would have a group of desirable, charming, educated men that would fill the time... call them "chess instructors" or "tennis coach" if need be. She is a woman of means and class that indulges, she is not going to demean her bed with swine.


On the subject of men and women sexual standards, let's be honest here. It's 2014. Men and women can sleep around. We have the society and technology for it. Is it the best thing ever? Debatable.

Slut should still be an insult, and used for both men and women. Not just "multiple partners"

1. Having sex while not telling your partner of an std
2. Cheating on a partner, or sleeping with someone cheating on theirs
3. Sleeping with low class people.
4. Random strangers/under the influence of alcohol

I'm not sure what men "high 5" dudes for getting getting drunk and fucking bar flies. Or leading multiple women on. Most guys after their early 20 are not impressed by that shit. Especially if they are doing it with low standards...

Let's not pretend that history was a magic time where men got away with everything. Men sleeping around (without some sort of legal protection, or if they did it with whores) would find their ass forcibly married, or punished, or worse.

Women's virginity was highly valued because then you would know WHO the father was. Men want to raise their own children. A woman sleeping around could end up with a fatherless child, and be an economic drag on her family. The safety net for single mom's today was not around back then. A Single mom's children are also at a real disadvantage.

>> No.31243029

>>31243008
>lately
how new?

>> No.31243033

>>31242961
No. Posting charts and statistics is not "proof". Thinking that posting something which pretty much never asserts a claim until thorough interpretation is idiotic. It's proof in your favour only if you accept the premise that gives the conclusion you want.

>> No.31243041
File: 294 KB, 2100x1563, 696700.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31243041

>>31243008
>>Are you the only person here who doesn't like fun?
>waah, you don't like fun
This board has maybe 6 months before it goes the way of /v/

>> No.31243045

>>31242990
>I'm pretty sure the point he's making is that /pol/ often DOESN'T have sources, but thinks they can make anything look legit with a visually impressive graph. Which is true.
>Implying you don't auto-tune out every graph you disagree with as a "questionable source," if you even credit it as a source at all.

This is a thing that literally JUST happened.

>> No.31243051

>>31242920
>Am I the only person here who doesn't give a shit about those adventurer stories?
You're not alone.

This thread is pretty much just shitposting by now though.

>> No.31243054

>>31242952
THATS the post you link to /pol/ for?!

There were a bunch of posts using the word "degenerate." Only /pol/ uses that word.

Somehow hedonism brings the /lgbt/ and /pol/ out of the shadows.

>> No.31243060

>>31243045
The graph in question was unlabeled. And graphs are not proof, they are data, which has to be interpreted and cleared of all potential sources of bias.

If it had a big CDC sticker on it, maybe it would be credible data, and certainly knowing that it came from the CDC makes it more credible, but it's still not proof.

>> No.31243065

>>31243045
tumblr needs to leave

>> No.31243084

>>31242832
Not really, but that's more because I never really played family-type charactesr. My paladin's family was never involved in our game, My Jedi was... well, a very old Jedi, and most of my other characters were drifter-type, going with the flow.

The wizard i'm currently playing has two living parents but he's not an emotional guy, and let them live their lives. He's very attracted by power, though, so he may try to get into a relationship with someone he judge attractive (probably a marilith).
I also play a politician in a play-by-post, and he never knew his parents. They were crazy cultists.

About derailled relationships, I play with someone you can guarantee either her character's boyfriend or father is going to turn traitor/be the BBEG, but that because she often put that kind of story in her character's backround.

I also played a Mass Effect campaign with a guy who was in a relationship with the Mary Sue GMPC. She was (according to the GM):
>A catgirl
>Sexy
>A Princess
>Fun
>A psychic
>Smart
>A space explorer
>Way more technologically advanced than us

the guy and GMPC were happy, but his little stunt to transfer his mind to a catboy's body by requesting help from Aria T'Loak nearly costed him the girl.

>> No.31243118

FUCK THESE STUPID STORIES AND FUCK ALL OF THIS SEX GARBAGE. /tg/ NEEDS A MOD AGAIN.
ALSO SEX MUST BE BANNED AND PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEX MUST BE EXECUTED.

>> No.31243125

>>31242990

This. There is a specific term for making pretty infographics without actually having any evidence or poof or basis in reality to sway people's opinions. It's called propaganda. Or jingoism, if you prefer that one.

>> No.31243137

This thread reinforced my belief that namefags and tripfags are shit who shot up the board.

>> No.31243151

WE NEED A DRAWFAG IN HERE TO DRAW ADVENTURER FAMILY SCREENCAPS ARE NOT ENOUGH

I WANT MY NEXT CHARACTER TO BE THAT GUY

>> No.31243178

>>31243137

This thread was almost entirely anon, though....

>> No.31243185

Let's start a new thread for family adventurers?

>> No.31243192

>>31243137
isn't there like one? or did I miscount

>> No.31243193

>>31243118
Damnit /tg/, look what you did. All your petty bickering over sex, morality, and the like woke up Zardoz.

>> No.31243195

>>31243185
No.

>> No.31243204

>>31243137
Name/tripfag haters are worse than namefags or tripfags.

>> No.31243221

>>31243013
I always imagined Croaker is able to polymorph and can do the oompa-loompa with the Lady anytime, but he just wanted to be mentioned for the last time in the Annales as a badass giant golem.

Croaker and the Lady are perfect together.

>> No.31243225

>>31243204
No.

>> No.31243241

>>31243118
>FUCK THESE STUPID STORIES AND FUCK ALL OF THIS SEX GARBAGE
I guess that's what the daily ERP and various writefag threads are for.

> /tg/ NEEDS A MOD AGAIN
Yeah they're kind of slacking a bit.

>ALSO SEX MUST BE BANNED
Well it IS a blue board.

>AND PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEX MUST BE EXECUTED.
Oh you're... trolling? Or not? Huh...

>> No.31243265

>>31243185

Do it.

>> No.31243390

>>31243221
Yes but the whole book could have ended in a small farm near Beryl.

>> No.31243566

>>31243033

It IS evidence, though.

>> No.31243683

>>31241863
Unlike most boards females are expected on /tg/. Its just quite rare for them to blow their cover much less hint about it unlike most.

>> No.31243799

>>31243151
I'm drawing right now
Let's hope it's not too shitty

>> No.31243810

I thought "bubby" meant grandfather.

>> No.31243862

>>31242957
Alternatively
>"He's right. When I was your age I'd already seized your father's wizard tower.
>"If you know what I mean."
>"MOM!"

>> No.31243876

>>31241030
Go back to your grave, Marx

>> No.31243899

>>31241595
Two words: Warforged. Gigolo.

>> No.31243938

>>31242398
>she redeemed him through copious application of love (and fist)
Lawful.
Hot.
Dickings.

>> No.31243947

>>31243799
I was actually trying to be a parody of the most cancerous aspect of /tg/

What have I done?

>> No.31243953

>>31243899
He has three speed setups:
Wriggle, Piston & Blender.

>> No.31243972

>>31243899
>ASSUME THE POSITION

>> No.31244006

>>31242433
It was a medieval European belief that men could not be virgins. Only women had that power.
If you wanted a virgin sacrifice, it had to be a woman, because by their definition, a male virgin is a paradox and a logical impossibility.

>> No.31244024

>>31242501
>I wouldn't want to have sex with someone with a high risk of being terrible at it.
Or you could sex them a lot so they get better.
Everyone's terrible their first time.

>> No.31244069
File: 220 KB, 2552x3510, adventurer1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31244069

Here's the shitty scan of my drawing. Quick sketch of the son

>> No.31244167
File: 331 KB, 3510x2552, adventurer1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31244167

sligthly less shity scan.

>> No.31244225

>>31244006
In Colombia that happens to be true.

Donkey fucking still counts, right?

>> No.31244367

I have a simple way of dealing with sex in my games. If someone mentions sex in any way, shape, or form. Their character explodes. Make a new character.

>> No.31244399

>>31244367
what if the PCs trick the BBEG into saying "fuck"?

>> No.31244416

>>31244399
I punch the players for being smart assets.

>> No.31244867

>>31244367
Wow.

>> No.31244940
File: 129 KB, 593x647, No-fun-allowed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31244940

>>31244367

>> No.31245008

>>31244367

I have a simple way of dealing with shitty GMs like you. I run a better game scheduled on the exact same time as theirs, steal their players, and if possible, manipulate said players into feeling as hostile towards them as possible.

>> No.31245288

>>31240599
>I wouldn't call a guy that picked up a lot a slut

That's where we differ.

>> No.31245687

>>31239926
>>31241783
As some one who is not considered 'broken' by friends or relatives, but is however a hedonist, I feel there's a middle ground that's fairly common but always overlooked by people talking about people who party too much.

I own my own money, self employed, have a healthy relationship with my Girlfriend and family and friends, I have no serious child abuse issues or other shit, and i still love to get fucked up. LOVE it, and I pay for it all my self with my own money I earn.

I'd like to see someone roleplay a headonist without resorting to either 'He's FUCKED UP!' or 'Spoiled Brat Who Doesn't Know He's Born'

>> No.31245992

>>31242992
He's into haughty women, it seems.

>> No.31246576

>>31242684
On it.

>> No.31246587

>>31246576
>Drawtwink

You'll draw for us?

Show us your butt, too

>> No.31246594

>>31244367
>>31245008
I think both of you should Calm down, you drama llamas.

>> No.31246608

>>31243938
Can i hear and AMEN?!

>> No.31246646

>>31241999
the op himself, not the character.

That being said, thread is shit now, OP, play whatever you want.

>> No.31246655

>>31246587
That wasn't what I intended to do, but sure, I'll draw for ya.

I'll draw my butt, how's that

>> No.31246691

>>31246655
...how do you even pose for that? Use a bunch of mirrors?

>> No.31247598
File: 30 KB, 170x79, Metabolic Arousal.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31247598

OP's pic is literally too cute to be a dude.

...right?

>> No.31247843
File: 130 KB, 549x999, 1396573863204.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31247843

>>31247598
Why can't dudes be cute?

>> No.31247877

>>31247598
1) pretty sure it's not a dude.
2) why would that matter anyway.

>> No.31247928

>>31242573
Correlation and causation, anon

>> No.31247945

>>31247877
>didn't read the filename

It's alleged a "male prostitute," Anon.

>>31247843
I dunno, I just always figured dudes weren't very cute. They're all...masculine and stuff.

>> No.31247978
File: 19 KB, 500x500, slaan.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31247978

>>31247945
And? You've never heard girls talking about how cute a guy is? Just because you think all men have to be Manly Men of Manliness doesn't mean the rest of us are so limited.

>> No.31248183

>>31247978
Yeah, but the artist behind OP's pic gave a dude some (dare I say) feminine qualities. I've just never known that sort of thing to happen to that extent, Anon. It just seems like a pleasant fiction that some folks indulge in, if that makes any sense.


Certainly not a bad thing, though.

>> No.31248250

>>31238681
Skip the acquiring of the whores and the sex. Cut straight to the depressing awkward pillow-talk where your drunk-ass character is trying to connect with the piece of meat she just fucked but he's like "Whatever, bitch, I'm off the clock."

>> No.31248312

>>31238934
I may be a terrible, terrible player who ruins games on occasion, but at least I know thats bullshit.

>> No.31252342

>>31243193
THE OC IS EVIL
THE BANHAMMER IS GOOD

>> No.31255115

>>31238756
>>31238830
>>31240599
>>31239733
Yeah, if a woman wants sex she's in charge of, she picks up some handsome but weak-willed toyboy. No need for male prostitutes.

>> No.31255134

>>31239926
>Those are coping mechanism, but not what someone should call "healthy".
>Also, is it me, or does everyone portray hedonists as "broken" people trying to escape their dire life by overindulging?
>>31240023
>You're welcome to thinks as much, but these methods really do help people suffering from such things.
Exactly, it's a coping mechanism by a damaged person.

>Polite sage.
If God had wanted man to sage, he would have made sages visible.

>> No.31255139

>>31255134
didn't they used to be?

>> No.31255144

Long as your character doesn't come across as a sex addict, and the male prostitute is more implied or done casually in a classier way its fine... if you go into detail about gang banged and spit roasted etc... its weird

>> No.31255147

>>31255139
Yes. Exactly.

>> No.31255155

>>31247978
Difference is deep down woman don't want the "cute guy"

If a girl calls you cute, bad sign

>> No.31255175

>>31239512
No, don't do that, don't invite players for sex orgies and play it out, is there anything worse than roleplaying sex with a group of male friends

I am cringing just thinking about it

>> No.31255195

>>31242480
>>31242573
>>31242692
Are there statistics on the second graph for men (how stable male relationships are depending in previous sex partners) and on how many men, not just women, lose health insurance because of divorce?

It's a little weird that the infographic only says how many women lose health insurance.

>> No.31255215

>>31240960
0/10

>> No.31255346

>>31239580
This is an awesome character and you should feel awesome about introducing a fun, character-oriented mystery for the other players to engage with. I've got a player who does the same, though he's still figuring out what's the best pacing to actually tease the players with information.

>> No.31255569

>>31255134

>Exactly, it's a coping mechanism by a damaged person.

Who's to say it isn't healthy, though? It's a perfectly normal coping mechanism and it works. The only reason you would hide such activities is because of the fear of reprisal and judgement from others. It's not that it's bad. It's that people pretend it's bad for you, abuse you for it, then point out how much worse you are when they've essentially ripped their support network out from under them for no reason.

People do this shit all the time, projecting their own confusion and its pain onto others. They'll push their own twisted morals down on someone who is doing just fine, forcing guilt upon them, causing pain and confusion.

It's not unhealthy. The guilt mechanisms are what hurt more.

>> No.31255640

>>31255175

This.

It is unbelievably creepy to do such things. Especially if it's just a group of guys. What if they take it the wrong way and then actually do try to fuck you? Nothing uneases me more than a group of players being more interested in me than my character. It's why I like online roleplaying more.

>>31255346

Aww, thanks! The problem is, most people aren't observant enough and often times won't pick out the little things, so you can go forever without your secret coming to light. If you like the big reveal, it's no fun.

Debt is a fun one to play with.

>> No.31255741

>>31238681
Oh that's easy, you buy HRT and say that as a penalty for failure, someone has to take a shot

Winner if is the most masculine one at the end

>> No.31256254

>>31246608
CANN I GET A HALLELUJAH UP IN HERE

>> No.31256303

>>31239926
Not everyone. I had a happy hedonist. He lived his life at max volume.

>> No.31256351

>>31255569
I agree with you, guilt hurts a lot more, and people who try to shame others are assholes.

The problem is that, by definition, "coping" isn't resolving the problem or healing the wound. After getting hit by an arrow, taking painkillers will help you cope with the predicamment, but it will not change the fact that you have an arrow stuck in your flesh. The only way to heal is to remove the arrow and let time make his work, and on this, painkillers may help. But if you chose to ignore it and let the arrow in the wound, taking painkillers after painkillers just to forget the pain and pretend nothing is wrong, that is unhealthy.
And you'll end up with an arrow still stuck in your flesh, a painkiller addiction and probably a liver destroyed by painkiller abuse.

It's not a moral argument, really. If there is no other way to be happy, coping mechanisms are necessary. But if there is another way, and the person isn't at least trying it, that's unhealthy, because this person is not trying to heal

>> No.31256372

You can partake in hedonistic activities without being a hedonist.

>> No.31256394

>>31240249
Have you ever gone a long time without food or water? Like that. Aches, exhaustion, severe irritability, blinding headaches.

>> No.31256417
File: 59 KB, 420x247, 1396521607766.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31256417

>>31240960
>>/v/

>> No.31256514

>>31241682
It's relevant, because a guy can end up taking care of a bastard if his mate sleeps about.

These norms were well - established before paternity tests. Outrageous cases of men being forced to pay for some chick's bastards ensure that such scrutiny of female sexuality is going nowhere.

>> No.31256578

put an ad in backpage, see me after class.

>> No.31256620

You There! Barbarian! (jingles bag of silver)

Pleasure me! And all this shall be yours!

>> No.31256635

Where do you find male sex workers in the middle ages? Straight male sex workers, I mean. Its not like you can just go to Chip 'n Dales...

>> No.31256644

>>31241682
>Thinks the Slut double standard isn't true


Someone rev up that fucking Image.

A female slut is untrustworthy, it's the very basis of the standard in and out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAAqL2A6V6s&hd=1

>> No.31256710

>>31256635
>male sex worker
>straight

The problem there would usually be that in the middle ages your female clients who could pay for services and had the free reign to do so would be a tiny pool of people, and so business would suffer if you avoided cocks.

However, in fantasy land, there's loads of gender equality and shit, so there are tons of women drifting from town to town with all that juicy adventurer gold.

>> No.31256740

Oh! I know!

Gladiators. They could totally bone gladiators, they are practically slaves already.

>> No.31256832

>>31238716

This post should have been the end of this thread.

>> No.31257000

>>31256351

I suppose. But, how are you supposed to deal with the problems she is facing at the moment anyways? Also, you cannot directly compare emotional/mental wounds to physical ones. It's just not that simple.

>> No.31257325
File: 406 KB, 1738x2731, r-right away, anon s-ama....jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31257325

>>31246587
>>31246655
Done.

>> No.31257381
File: 995 KB, 1024x600, So Hard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31257381

>>31257325

>> No.31257503

>>31257325
Now dance for me, slave!

>> No.31257527

>>31257000
>you cannot directly compare emotional/mental wounds to physical ones
True. It was a metaphore. emotional/mental wounds are a lot harder to deal with.

>how are you supposed to deal with the problems she is facing at the moment anyways?

Well, if she suffers from PTSD, a therapist can help. Avoiding stress and situations that may trigger a crisis would be good, too. Body dysmorphic disorder may also be treated with the help of a therapist and being with supportive people.

Of course, that would probably mean retiring from adventuring, and it's not particularly a good source of escapism. But in the other hand, that would be the logical thing to do, rather than being exposed to an envirronment that clearly doesn't make her happy

>> No.31257605

>>31240599
I think it all started as a very basic evolutionary thing. A male can go around and mate with a dozen different females in a very short amount of time. His ability to do so means that it doesn't matter so much if a few of those females are of poor stock. A female on the other hand can only have one child every 9 months. She is also saddled with taking care of that child until it is old enough to take care of itself. Due to this she is under pressure to ensure she gets the best mate possible. If she doesn't she'll have to wait another 9 months to try again, unlike her male counterpart.

>> No.31257609

>>31256514
What if a guy sleep with a woman that isn't his mate and get her pergnant? In almost all societies, the woman ends up punished while the guy is never bothered.

>>31256644
Are you saying male slut are more trustworthy?

>> No.31257622

>>31257325
This erection is heretical.

>> No.31257641

>>31242419
That is actually the reason why older Liches or more mechanical and dickish than younger ones.

Being a conduit for literal energies of destruction kinda makes you more destructive.

>> No.31257671

>>31257641
you mean it makes you more negative?

>> No.31257703

>>31257671
>Rogue is trying to disarm a trap
>Lich uses "Chanelling Negative Energy"
"That's not going to work. You should have chosen another career. That why your father never loved you and left "
>Rogue stop trying, spitfull

>> No.31257855

>>31247928
Does it really matter? Logical implication is enough for practical purpuses

>> No.31258455

Attention, attention!
There shall be a sex tournament!
All men who are confident in their ability to pleasure a woman may prove their prowess on the judges!
The champion will pleasure me to earn the grand reward!
All who fail to please the judges will be castrated.

>> No.31258568

>>31258455
that's the kind of things you can ear on a drow city's marketplace.

Of course, in that case, the contestants would be provided by Houses wanting to prove their supperiorities.

>> No.31258663

>>31257609
Almost all? Outside of primitive societies in Africa and the Arab world, not so much.

>> No.31260810

>>31257325
Where are you in the /wst/?

>> No.31262129

>>31240960
You like light role-playing.
Some people like heavy role-playing. Lots of character development, backstory, and dialogue. That's what their games are, and that's fine.
Some people don't want any role-playing at all. Their characters are a vehicle for them to vicariously experience adventures. And that's fine, too.
As long as everyone in the group is on the same page, everyone can enjoy the experience. There's no single right way.

If you don't like how someone plays, don't play with him. Simple as that.

>> No.31263936

>>31239769
>I *almost* facepalmed when I got to "body dysmorphia" but then read "from a reincarnation spell" and felt better.
What's wrong with body dysmorphia?

>> No.31264733

>>31257381
>>31263087
This scene gets around.

>> No.31264771

>>31264733
Hey, there are a lot of occasions where people would be hypothetically turned on. It's a very relevant reaction image.

>> No.31265024

>>31243390
Lady and Croaker are neighbors with Case and Darling. With Soulcatcher raven bothering everyone.

Man the Black company had a ton of great characters that didn't get what they deserved.

>> No.31268178
File: 30 KB, 384x288, 500full.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31268178

>>31238681 >That Guy
>>31239043> You already are
>"Hey it's 'That Guy', I wanna ba a 'That Guy' too!" "You already are; You're my little baby 'That Guy'."

>> No.31268763

>>31268178

These lyrics don't make sense

>> No.31270253

Hello. Former heterosexual male prostitute here.

No matter what you do it will come across as that guyish to people. So will prostitution because people outside of the sex-worker sub-culture don't understand that sort of social environment, nor do they want to.

>> No.31273291

>>31270253

Do heterosexual male prostitues only fuck girls? Because that's gay

>> No.31273332

>>31273291
Guess he's a faggot then.

>> No.31273946

>>31270253
I am interested in hearing more from you.

>> No.31274058

>>31270253
Storytime? Did you ever have your booty raided for pay?

>> No.31274739
File: 151 KB, 265x393, HappyCattie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
31274739

>>31255115
You called M'lady?!?

>> No.31274769

>>31270253
>>31273291
>>31273332
>>31273946
>>31274058


MOAR!

>> No.31274865

>>31257609
What society hasn't punished men for sleeping around?

Shotgun weddings? Social pressures, fines, etc?

Men or women did not receive jail time for being sluts, but don't act like men have got a free ticket throughout history.
exceptions being men from a higher class dallying with women of lower classes. Even then, reputation is a big deal.

>> No.31278023

>>31274865
>don't act like men have got a free ticket throughout history
But that's a big part of the current narrative. It's expectable that people will believe it, even when it doesn't hold up to common scrutiny.

>> No.31280181

>>31238681

My character is similar, and I played up the patheticness by having her sleep with specific prostitutes- Drow women, to be exact. The reason being is that it reminds her of her former lover who abandoned her, and she is trying to relive her happiness at the time. You just gotta go into the disturbing parts of hedonism, show that the character is running away from their problems instead of solving them.

>> No.31283607

>>31240599

Because a key that opens many locks is a master key, a lock that can be opened by many keys is a shitty lock.

That's a light hearted joke, don't take the above too seriously.

>> No.31287149

>>31278023
>>31274865
The perception of patriarchy
>men
>women
The truth of patriarchy
>the best men
>women
>all other men

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action